GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Lou_Para, 1 invisible), 564 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,618
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,116
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,518
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,384
Posts1,059,719
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. [Re: Giacomo] #904818
01/17/17 09:09 AM
01/17/17 09:09 AM
Uk
T
Tonytough Offline
ba da bing
Tonytough  Offline
ba da bing
T
Underboss
Uk
Originally Posted By: Giacomo
One hit that he doesn't get credited/blamed for is Long John Martorano. I think most folks assume Ligambi ordered that done, because Martorano was making noise about trying to take over, but if you read Bobby Simone's "The Last Mouthpiece," there's a snippet where Simone is on trial himself and Crazy Phil Leonetti is testifying against him. Leonetti relates that Simone was worried Martorano was going to kill him and his son (because the son, Cowboy George, got a life sentence after Simone encouraged him to plead guilty), and Scarfo told Simone, "don't worry, the second he gets out of jail, Patty Specs has the contract to kill him."

I think posters here and George Anastasia also have argued that Johnny and Stevie Gongs did that hit, along with Anthony Nicodemo, but maybe the initial contract was still left over from Scarfo days?

Wrong- Scarfo's influence was long gone. The long John hit had nothing to do with Scarfo lease all Simone. And more so MONEY

Long John was trying to take over certain rackets and he found out what happens when u do

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. [Re: Blackjack2121] #904819
01/17/17 09:13 AM
01/17/17 09:13 AM
Uk
T
Tonytough Offline
ba da bing
Tonytough  Offline
ba da bing
T
Underboss
Uk
Originally Posted By: Blackjack2121
Originally Posted By: Ted
Originally Posted By: Curiosity

While Scarfo was a frail man in a wheelchair physically, he reamined mentally sharp, Bahuriak said.
“He had the mind of a much younger man,” he said. “Very focused. Very intense.”
The last time Bahuriak came to visit him in North Carolina, it was about a week after the presidential election.
“Can you believe this crook Trump is president?” the convicted mobster asked. “He’s a con artist. Can you believe it? How dumb are people? This crook!”

Even Scarfo hates Trump. lol

wow, its like he didnt see himself as a crook and con artist lmao

he was nuts

Takes one to know one, he was just surprised the people voted in a crook is what he's saying

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. [Re: Tonytough] #904834
01/17/17 03:13 PM
01/17/17 03:13 PM
C
cookcounty Offline
Underboss
cookcounty  Offline
C
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Tonytough
Originally Posted By: Blackjack2121
Originally Posted By: Ted
Originally Posted By: Curiosity

While Scarfo was a frail man in a wheelchair physically, he reamined mentally sharp, Bahuriak said.
“He had the mind of a much younger man,” he said. “Very focused. Very intense.”
The last time Bahuriak came to visit him in North Carolina, it was about a week after the presidential election.
“Can you believe this crook Trump is president?” the convicted mobster asked. “He’s a con artist. Can you believe it? How dumb are people? This crook!”

Even Scarfo hates Trump. lol

wow, its like he didnt see himself as a crook and con artist lmao

he was nuts

Takes one to know one, he was just surprised the people voted in a crook is what he's saying

actually he said people are dumb for voting for Trump. just like trump said that the republicans have to dumbest voters

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. [Re: Curiosity] #904838
01/17/17 04:03 PM
01/17/17 04:03 PM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

Quote:
Ah, ha, ha, ha, stayin' alive, stayin' alive
Ah, ha, ha, ha, stayin' alive

I invoke my right under the 5th amendment of the United States constitution and decline to answer the question.
Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. [Re: Curiosity] #904840
01/17/17 04:07 PM
01/17/17 04:07 PM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

Quote:
Phil Leonetti said it was Scarfo’s reaction to his youngest son’s suicide try that made him consider turning informant, which he did after they were convicted at trial.
Told of Mark Scarfo’s hospitalization at a point during trial, the father showed no emotion, Leonetti said.
“I’ve got tears in my eyes, and my uncle — this no-good evil (expletive) — has absolutely no reaction, no emotion, nothing,” he wrote in his book

Anyone else think Leonetti might be making this shit up to make Scarfo sound even worse than he is, and because it ties in to the self-serving narrative of his book and serves to justify his reasons for ratting and stealing Scarfo's money?

I get it. It might be true.

I'm just playing devil's advocate here.

I just wouldn't be so quick to automatically accept anything Crazy Phil says as gospel.

I invoke my right under the 5th amendment of the United States constitution and decline to answer the question.
Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. [Re: Moe_Tilden] #904845
01/17/17 07:55 PM
01/17/17 07:55 PM
M
MightyDR Offline
Underboss
MightyDR  Offline
M
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Moe_Tilden
Quote:
Ah, ha, ha, ha, stayin' alive, stayin' alive
Ah, ha, ha, ha, stayin' alive

Took me a second to figure out who that was lol lol

I'm inclined to believe Philip Leonetti on that matter. Everyone says Scarfo was a total psychopath. It wouldn't surprise me if that was his reaction.

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. [Re: Curiosity] #904846
01/17/17 08:45 PM
01/17/17 08:45 PM
blueracing347 Offline
Underboss
blueracing347  Offline
Underboss
Was he on lockdown like Gotti? Almost thirty years locked up. I would like to hear some prison stories about him. After his kid got shot, he pretty much lost any power he had left? Did anyone try to shake him down, or did he have respect from the other prisoners. Gotti was a lot bigger than him and he got his ass handed to him.

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. [Re: Curiosity] #904847
01/17/17 08:49 PM
01/17/17 08:49 PM
blueracing347 Offline
Underboss
blueracing347  Offline
Underboss
I haven't seen this one yet. He always had his pants pressed,even in all the prison pics.

Attached Files 855f50e7fdef72aa0adbd3b9d55e3dac.jpg
Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. [Re: Moe_Tilden] #904848
01/17/17 08:51 PM
01/17/17 08:51 PM
J
JCrusher Offline
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline
J
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Moe_Tilden
[quote]Phil Leonetti said it was Scarfo’s reaction to his youngest son’s suicide try that made him consider turning informant, which he did after they were convicted at trial.
Told of Mark Scarfo’s hospitalization at a point during trial, the father showed no emotion, Leonetti said.
“I’ve got tears in my eyes, and my uncle — this no-good evil (expletive) — has absolutely no reaction, no emotion, nothing,” he wrote in his book

Anyone else think Leonetti might be making this shit up to make Scarfo sound even worse than he is, and because it ties in to the self-serving narrative of his book and serves to justify his reasons for ratting and stealing Scarfo's money?

I just wouldn't be so quick to automatically accept anything Crazy Phil says as gospel.

Scarfo was a pretty sick fuck so I actually think it is true. I'm not saying Leonetti was always 100% truthful but it seems like Scafo looked down on anybody who was legit or he viewed as weak. Its common knowledge he didn't get along with his son Chris because Chri would never be a criminal. Also his sister Nancy(Phil's mother) didn't have a good relationship with him a refered to him as "Hitler"

Last edited by JCrusher; 01/17/17 08:51 PM.
Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. [Re: Curiosity] #904857
01/17/17 10:24 PM
01/17/17 10:24 PM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

Could be.

Good write up in the New York Times.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/17/nyreg...at-87.html?_r=0

Quote:
The elder Mr. Scarfo idolized Al Capone, a fellow transplanted Brooklynite, but hardly resembled him. Where Capone had wit and panache, Mr. Scarfo had neither. Capone supposedly said, “You can go a long way with a smile; you can go a lot farther with a smile and a gun.” Mr. Scarfo preferred just the gun.

“There was no sense of charisma; not even a hint of the old Mafia mystique,” Mr. Anastasia wrote. “Scarfo was a bully with a gun.”

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. [Re: Curiosity] #904874
01/18/17 09:42 AM
01/18/17 09:42 AM
The Jersey Shore
D
DanteMoltisanti Offline
Underboss
DanteMoltisanti  Offline
D
Underboss
The Jersey Shore
Serp

Are you attending the services?

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. [Re: JCrusher] #904877
01/18/17 10:44 AM
01/18/17 10:44 AM
S
SinatraClub Offline
Underboss
SinatraClub  Offline
S
Underboss
Originally Posted By: JCrusher
[quote=Moe_Tilden]
Quote:
Phil Leonetti said it was Scarfo’s reaction to his youngest son’s suicide try that made him consider turning informant, which he did after they were convicted at trial.

Scarfo was a pretty sick fuck so I actually think it is true. I'm not saying Leonetti was always 100% truthful but it seems like Scafo looked down on anybody who was legit or he viewed as weak. Its common knowledge he didn't get along with his son Chris because Chri would never be a criminal. Also his sister Nancy(Phil's mother) didn't have a good relationship with him a refered to him as "Hitler"

I think it's possible he was a criminal though. At least for a short time. According to Serp, Chris was somewhat involved in his fathers activity along with Nicky Jr. for quite some time. He and his father had a falling out, and Chris got out early, early enough to never be hurt by his association with his father and brother. I think there could be some truth to that.

Last edited by SinatraClub; 01/18/17 12:18 PM.
Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. [Re: DanteMoltisanti] #904884
01/18/17 11:07 AM
01/18/17 11:07 AM
Serpiente Offline
Underboss
Serpiente  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: DanteMoltisanti
Serp

No service for Nick sr.

Last edited by Serpiente; 01/20/17 08:55 PM.

Cackling like a banty Rooster.

I love this," "I just love this."
Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. [Re: Curiosity] #904894
01/18/17 01:16 PM
01/18/17 01:16 PM
The Jersey Shore
D
DanteMoltisanti Offline
Underboss
DanteMoltisanti  Offline
D
Underboss
The Jersey Shore
Let us know if you hear anything that you can share when you're paying your respects!!

Been hitting The Borgata almost every weekend, will be there again on Sunday- Serp. Hope all is well my friend!

Last edited by DanteMoltisanti; 01/18/17 01:16 PM.
Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. [Re: SinatraClub] #904903
01/18/17 03:49 PM
01/18/17 03:49 PM
J
JCrusher Offline
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline
J
Underboss
Originally Posted By: SinatraClub
Originally Posted By: JCrusher
[quote=Moe_Tilden]
Quote:

I think it's possible he was a criminal though. At least for a short time. According to Serp, Chris was somewhat involved in his fathers activity along with Nicky Jr. for quite some time. He and his father had a falling out, and Chris got out early, early enough to never be hurt by his association with his father and brother. I think there could be some truth to that.

Ive never heard of Chris being a criminal. Even Leonetti said he was a straight arrow. Its possible he could have some done some kiddie stuff like many of us do when we are teens but I don't think he was a criminal like his father or brother

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. [Re: Curiosity] #904914
01/18/17 05:55 PM
01/18/17 05:55 PM
Serpiente Offline
Underboss
Serpiente  Offline
Underboss
Chris was not involved in rackets or murders but he was involved in the everyday stuff that goes along with it. He was doing this long before Jr. started in the life.

As far as Chris hating his father (far far from true)

As far as Chris denouncing and cutting his father off (not true) Chris knew he could never get into the business he wanted to with that name !!! (That's it !!!)

He was learning the business from a associate of his fathers and Phil became close with that associate .

To this day when Chris gets out and has a couple he gets loud and starts to bring up the old days and he does this in front of his new friends and he does not hold back.

So much of what you hear is just talk .... Chris loved his father but "he"was exactly like him so they banged heads constantly .

That's all !!!

Last edited by Serpiente; 01/18/17 05:56 PM.

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. [Re: Curiosity] #904975
01/19/17 08:24 AM
01/19/17 08:24 AM
DE NIRO Offline
DE NIRO  Offline

Good riddance

The Mafia Is Not Primarily An Organisation Of Murderers.
First And Foremost,The Mafia Is Made Up Of Thieves.
It Is Driven By Greed And Controlled By Fear.

Between The Law And The Mafia, The Law Is Not The Most To Be Feared

"What if the Mafia were not an organization but a widespread Sicilian attitude of hostility towards the law?"

"Make Love Not War" John Lennon
Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. [Re: Curiosity] #904977
01/19/17 08:45 AM
01/19/17 08:45 AM
Uk
T
Tonytough Offline
ba da bing
Tonytough  Offline
ba da bing
T
Underboss
Uk
Exactly Serp

No different to when Gotti was telling Vicky that the (grandkids) surname being Agnello wouldn't cause them problems if it were "Gotti"

As for others suggested Scarfo not caring about his son Mark (based on Leonetti's opinion) I think that's a load of bull. Just because he didn't show emotion doesn't mean he didn't care. How'd u know he didn't cry his eyes out in his cell

Gotti jr said his father never cried in front of them but he would hear him cry in his den. U have to understand these men are all "tough" on the front and don't like
to show weakness regardless if it's their kids or what, but deep down I'm sure they have emotions. Spillotro was a nut but he loved his kid dearly

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. [Re: Curiosity] #904985
01/19/17 12:09 PM
01/19/17 12:09 PM
S
SinatraClub Offline
Underboss
SinatraClub  Offline
S
Underboss
Yea, I think that story is a scenario made up by Phil Leonetti to support his whole "they turned on me first so I turned on them by turning rat" thing he has going on in his mind.

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. [Re: Curiosity] #904988
01/19/17 12:42 PM
Serpiente Offline
Underboss
Serpiente  Offline
Underboss
Phil was handed everything he had by his uncle and his status came from his uncle .

Phil was not a fighter he was mafia tough ! But he learned how to work it at a very young age , he was not belligerent or nasty to others that were not in the life he was very smooth.

But he was with his uncle every dam day and night and because of his personality he just took it .

He could not do anything outside of the family without there being verbal diarrhea coming from his uncle .

He would be out and have to be by a pay phone to call and check in with whom ever but it was ultimately checking in what is uncle every day every night his whole life unless his uncle was in jail .

I seen when it turned just before salvi but after Salvi it was all over his face .

Pretty sure he was really done with his uncle by then , but no enough to do anything.
You can bet your ass if they did not go down he would be running that family right now .

It's the nature of the beast that life .

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. [Re: Curiosity] #904989
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

Was his obit published in any paper? I would take a guess his wake n funeral would probaly be Friday sat.

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. [Re: pmac] #904990
01/19/17 12:44 PM
01/19/17 12:44 PM
Serpiente Offline
Underboss
Serpiente  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: pmac
Was his obit published in any paper? I would take a guess his wake n funeral would probaly be Friday sat.

No one will know .

Because It was his wishes that they did not have a service .

I am sure there is a gathering but no official service .

Last edited by Serpiente; 01/20/17 09:55 PM.

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. [Re: Curiosity] #904991
01/19/17 12:48 PM
01/19/17 12:48 PM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

Wonder if he gets any flower cars things. Think amuso sends his people out of there friendship. Shit on the scarfo jr wires his father always saying take care of uncle vic. Kid brought bags of money to amuso wife n queens. She died a few yers ago according to capeci the whole family showed up. Thats when he took back amuso steped down and wasnt the official boss anymore. Scarfo jr should have stuck to blue collar crime. The min he started screwing with a finicial group he was toast. Whats the point of being a capo of a huge crew in jersey if all you need was a pencil tuff guy like his code.

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. [Re: Curiosity] #904994
01/19/17 01:00 PM
01/19/17 01:00 PM
Serpiente Offline
Underboss
Serpiente  Offline
Underboss
Pmac: Things that a paper trail follows and people that are not involved in the life never go well.

That Sal was no good but still Jr. should have never been tied to that but he was not smart enough and now he is paying the ulitmate price his life .

The dollar figure was staggering and he was sucked right in and believe me he was told and he knew and still the dollar took over.

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. [Re: Curiosity] #905004
01/19/17 02:14 PM
01/19/17 02:14 PM
S
SinatraClub Offline
Underboss
SinatraClub  Offline
S
Underboss
According to George Fresolone, Jr was always a thinker when it came to White-Collar crimes. He says when computers first became popular and of use during the late 80s & early-mid 90's, that Jr was the first one to be on that wave and the only one around, at least around Fresolones crew in North Jersey, who had the brains to think things through and see the future and how critical computers would be and how they could be money makers.

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. [Re: SinatraClub] #905005
01/19/17 02:19 PM
01/19/17 02:19 PM
Serpiente Offline
Underboss
Serpiente  Offline
Underboss
According to George Fresolone, Jr was always a thinker when it came to White-Collar crimes. He says when computers first became popular and of use during the late 80s & early-mid 90's, that Jr was the first one to be on that wave and the only one around, at least around Fresolones crew in North Jersey, who had the brains to think things through and see the future and how critical computers would be and how they could be money makers.

All true Junior was never a street guy though , and far as that goes neither was Phil, but he was very willing to do work and be involved with street guys and he did hang out with street guys .

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. [Re: Serpiente] #905093
01/20/17 03:02 AM
01/20/17 03:02 AM
North Jersey
ItalianIrishMix Offline
Underboss
ItalianIrishMix  Offline
Underboss
North Jersey
Originally Posted By: Serpiente
Originally Posted By: DanteMoltisanti
Serp

Most definitely

You gonna be packing?

Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. [Re: Serpiente] #905101
01/20/17 06:25 AM
01/20/17 06:25 AM
n.e.philly
hoodlum Offline
Underboss
hoodlum  Offline
Underboss
n.e.philly
Phil was handed everything he had by his uncle and his status came from his uncle .

Phil was not a fighter he was mafia tough ! But he learned how to work it at a very young age , he was not belligerent or nasty to others that were not in the life he was very smooth.

But he was with his uncle every dam day and night and because of his personality he just took it .

He could not do anything outside of the family without there being verbal diarrhea coming from his uncle .

He would be out and have to be by a pay phone to call and check in with whom ever but it was ultimately checking in what is uncle every day every night his whole life unless his uncle was in jail .

I seen when it turned just before salvi but after Salvi it was all over his face .

Pretty sure he was really done with his uncle by then , but no enough to do anything.
You can bet your ass if they did not go down he would be running that family right now .

It's the nature of the beast that life .
I remember a few months ago, u pretty much made the same statement,,I always wondered what would of happened if he actually whacked his uncle like he sometimes thought about.

I didn't want to leave blood on your carpet...
Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. [Re: Serpiente] #905102
01/20/17 06:30 AM
01/20/17 06:30 AM
n.e.philly
hoodlum Offline
Underboss
hoodlum  Offline
Underboss
n.e.philly
Chris was not involved in rackets or murders but he was involved in the everyday stuff that goes along with it. He was doing this long before Jr. started in the life.

As far as Chris hating his father (far far from true)

As far as Chris denouncing and cutting his father off (not true) Chris knew he could never get into the business he wanted to with that name !!! (That's it !!!)

He was learning the business from a associate of his fathers and Phil became close with that associate .

To this day when Chris gets out and has a couple he gets loud and starts to bring up the old days and he does this in front of his new friends and he does not hold back.

So much of what you hear is just talk .... Chris loved his father but "he"was exactly like him so they banged heads constantly .

That's all !!!

His (Chris) website is pretty impressive..it's not just houses & the like,, it's more industrious shit & mansions,etc..

I didn't want to leave blood on your carpet...
Re: Scarfo Sr is dead. [Re: Serpiente] #905145
01/20/17 09:47 PM
01/20/17 09:47 PM
Uk
T
Tonytough Offline
ba da bing
Tonytough  Offline
ba da bing
T
Underboss
Uk

All true Junior was never a street guy though , and far as that goes neither was Phil, but he was very willing to do work and be involved with street guys and he did hang out with street guys .

Yeh Serp I always thought Phil wasn't a street guy- yes he learned to kill (being around his uncle) & enjoyed the money/ power. But he wasn't a street tough to begin with...and when the going got tough he wanted out

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull