GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Lou_Para), 158 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
Happy birthday Tommasino Neri.
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,428
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,840
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,507
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,306
Posts1,058,306
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 108 of 156 1 2 106 107 108 109 110 155 156
Re: Rare photos [Re: Strax] #903847
01/05/17 01:29 PM
01/05/17 01:29 PM
S
SinatraClub Offline
Underboss
SinatraClub  Offline
S
Underboss

(Credits to WillieChiChi from the Black Hand Forum for being the first to bring this photo to my attention)

It's Joey Merlino, and his cousin Anthony Accardo on the far left, no clue whom the other guys are, but the one in between Accardo & Merlino has been speculated to be Stevie Mazzone, but I personally don't think thats him.

Re: Rare photos [Re: SinatraClub] #903853
01/05/17 01:49 PM
01/05/17 01:49 PM
Green Grove Retirement Communi...
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: SinatraClub
Originally Posted By: OakAsFan
Uncle Junior in the Sopranos is partly based on Majuri.

Where'd you read this at?

From wikipedia:

"Riggi continued to run the family from his jail cell, but he appointed Giacomo "Jake" Amari as his new acting boss. All was seemingly settled until Amari became ill and died slowly of stomach cancer in 1997. This caused a massive power vacuum within the family, with high-ranking members pushing to become the next boss of the DeCavalcante crime family.

The Ruling Panel
After acting boss Amari's death, Riggi organized a three-man ruling panel in 1998 to run the day-to-day business of the crime family,[13] consisting of Girolamo Palermo, Vincent Palermo (no relation), and Charles Majuri,[14] with Stefano Vitabile as the reputed consigliere and adviser to the three.

The Panel, however, infuriated longtime captain Charles Majuri, who had been a hardworking member of the family since his teens and felt that he was wronged when he was not selected as the only acting boss.
[14] To gain complete control of the DeCavalcante family, Majuri decided that he should murder Vincent Palermo, leaving himself in charge of the family.[14]"

"...the successful annihilation of organized crime's subculture in America would rock the 'legitimate' world's foundation, which would ultimately force fundamental social changes and redistributions of wealth and power in this country. Meyer Lansky's dream was to bond the two worlds together so that one could not survive without the other." - Dan E. Moldea
Re: Rare photos [Re: Strax] #903859
01/05/17 02:20 PM
01/05/17 02:20 PM
S
SinatraClub Offline
Underboss
SinatraClub  Offline
S
Underboss
Thats a wikipedia claim. I know that it's popular to think these characters were based on real people. But David Chase himself never confirmed that. There's an article quoting Chase supposedly claiming the Sopranos were based on the Boiardo's, with the article alluding to Tony Soprano being based on Tony Boy Boiardo. And an article claiming Chase said it was based on the Sopranos. Chase himself never really confirmed this, other than saying "this was based on people I knew as a kid".

Re: Rare photos [Re: Strax] #903862
01/05/17 02:37 PM
01/05/17 02:37 PM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
I don't quote wikipedia articles that aren't backed with sources.

Here they are for this article.

[13]"REAL 'SOPRANO' SINGS N.J. mob boss cut secret deal". Daily News. New York. October 24, 2000

http://articles.nydailynews.com/2000-10-24/news/18146484_1_palermo-murder-conspiracies-decavalcante

[14] Mob Money. CNBC. June 23, 2010.

The similarity between Giacamo Amari dying of stomach cancer, Charles Majuri being upset about being passed over as outright boss, trying to kill Vinny "Ocean" Palermo because of it and Jackie Aprile dying of stomach cancer, Junior being upset at Jackie not naming a successor and his ensuing war with Tony would have to be the most freakish coincidence of all time if not for how obvious it is that the DeCavalcante situation in the late '90s was the basis for season one of The Sopranos.

"...the successful annihilation of organized crime's subculture in America would rock the 'legitimate' world's foundation, which would ultimately force fundamental social changes and redistributions of wealth and power in this country. Meyer Lansky's dream was to bond the two worlds together so that one could not survive without the other." - Dan E. Moldea
Re: Rare photos [Re: Strax] #903876
01/05/17 03:20 PM
01/05/17 03:20 PM
new jersey
T
thebigfella Offline
Underboss
thebigfella  Offline
T
Underboss
new jersey
@sinatraclub, is that a current picture of merlino, he looks young as shit!!!

"McGurn likes you, so I make you. So you are now one of us, if you fuck up, we take it out on McGurn. He is your sponsor. Fuck up, it's his ass. You work in his crew, he is your capo."
Re: Rare photos [Re: OakAsFan] #903892
01/05/17 05:18 PM
01/05/17 05:18 PM
S
SinatraClub Offline
Underboss
SinatraClub  Offline
S
Underboss
I don't quote wikipedia articles that aren't backed with sources.

Here they are for this article.

[13]"REAL 'SOPRANO' SINGS N.J. mob boss cut secret deal". Daily News. New York. October 24, 2000

http://articles.nydailynews.com/2000-10-24/news/18146484_1_palermo-murder-conspiracies-decavalcante

[14] Mob Money. CNBC. June 23, 2010.

The similarity between Giacamo Amari dying of stomach cancer, Charles Majuri being upset about being passed over as outright boss, trying to kill Vinny "Ocean" Palermo because of it and Jackie Aprile dying of stomach cancer, Junior being upset at Jackie not naming a successor and his ensuing war with Tony would have to be the most freakish coincidence of all time if not for how obvious it is that the DeCavalcante situation in the late '90s was the basis for season one of The Sopranos.

That link doesn't work. And that's been a theory stated on many mob docs and articles. But again, David Chase himself never stated The Sopranos were based on any specific family, let alone any real life person. No doubt he drew on some similarities but thats about it. But we can save the Soprano debate for another thread.

@BigFella, I don't know where the pictures from, as it wasn't mentioned. But it looks fairly recent, I'd say it looks most similar to when he came back to Philly for his fathers funeral about a year or two ago. Looking at it closely though, I definitely see what you mean. If it isn't recent, it's still an interesting pic as it shows Accardo may have been made possibly, a lot earlier than was assumed by most. It's not recent I can tell by Merlino's clothing and watch. And I found a close up on pininterest (forgot I had an account there), and I'm personally not 100% sure thats Accardo. It could be Ray Wags.

Last edited by SinatraClub; 01/05/17 05:29 PM.
Re: Rare photos [Re: Strax] #903903
01/05/17 06:44 PM
01/05/17 06:44 PM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
Here's a link to the article that works. NY Daily News might have changed the one that was retrieved by the wikipedia contributor.

http://www.nydailynews.com/archives/news...rticle-1.878352

And, here's some text from the article that further demonstrates the first season of the Sopranos was based on the '90s DeCavs.

"Palermo, 54, was appointed one of three captains of the New Jersey-based DeCavalcante crime family in December 1998 while the boss, John Riggi, served time in prison. Members of that family were secretly recorded last year on government wiretaps talking about how the hit HBO cable TV series "The Sopranos" was based on their clan, according to transcripts. They ticked off similarities between the fictional family and their own, such as an aging gangster in both clans who died of stomach cancer, and the nagging suspicion that one of their own was wearing a wire. "You are in there," Anthony Rotondo, one of Palermo's closest allies, told an associate. "Every show you watch, more and more you pick up somebody. Every show."

Re: Rare photos [Re: SinatraClub] #903905
01/05/17 06:46 PM
01/05/17 06:46 PM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
that's been a theory stated on many mob docs and articles.

Hmm. Then why did you ask me where I read it, as if it were the first you'd heard of it?

Last edited by OakAsFan; 01/05/17 06:49 PM.

Re: Rare photos [Re: OakAsFan] #903930
01/05/17 09:36 PM
01/05/17 09:36 PM
S
SinatraClub Offline
Underboss
SinatraClub  Offline
S
Underboss

Hmm. Then why did you ask me where I read it, as if it were the first you'd heard of it?

Because like I've been saying the whole time, the creator of the show David Chase never stated that The Sopranos were based on anyone specific or let along a specific family. The most he said was during a piece for the Godfather Remastered Edition which came out in '08. He's in one of the extra clips, and they're talking about The Godfather and the things they influenced, which is almost everything, and the subject of the Sopranos is brought up and Chase says "This is based on the people I've seen as a kid"...That vague statement was all he said as far as the Sopranos being based on actual people.

People draw similarities, and come to the conclusion that it was based on The Decav's, and many mob docs and news articles make this mistake and use their own comparisons as fact. But factually, the creator never stated that they were based on any specific family or person. Thats what I meant by where'd you read that. I thought you'd actually had an article or proof of David Chase actually saying his show, The Sopranos were based on the DeCalvacantes. But he's never said that. The members being recorded saying the show was based on them, doesn't prove anything either, they had nothing to do with the creation of the show, and you know mob guys and their ego, especially those idiots who were operating during Vincent Palermo's time as acting boss. Again, we can save this for another thread.

Hey guys, finally got a date for that photo, it was taken in the late 90's. But on the subject of Accardo, he's actually featured in that Dave S "mob talks" piece, recorded standing on a stoop talking with Borgesi, Michael Lancelotti & a Dave Salvo.

Last edited by SinatraClub; 01/05/17 10:20 PM.
Re: Rare photos [Re: SinatraClub] #903940
01/06/17 12:48 AM
01/06/17 12:48 AM
P
PHL_Mob Offline
Capo
PHL_Mob  Offline
P
Capo

Because like I've been saying the whole time, the creator of the show David Chase never stated that The Sopranos were based on anyone specific or let along a specific family. The most he said was during a piece for the Godfather Remastered Edition which came out in '08. He's in one of the extra clips, and they're talking about The Godfather and the things they influenced, which is almost everything, and the subject of the Sopranos is brought up and Chase says "This is based on the people I've seen as a kid"...That vague statement was all he said as far as the Sopranos being based on actual people.

People draw similarities, and come to the conclusion that it was based on The Decav's, and many mob docs and news articles make this mistake and use their own comparisons as fact. But factually, the creator never stated that they were based on any specific family or person. Thats what I meant by where'd you read that. I thought you'd actually had an article or proof of David Chase actually saying his show, The Sopranos were based on the DeCalvacantes. But he's never said that. The members being recorded saying the show was based on them, doesn't prove anything either, they had nothing to do with the creation of the show, and you know mob guys and their ego, especially those idiots who were operating during Vincent Palermo's time as acting boss. Again, we can save this for another thread.

Hey guys, finally got a date for that photo, it was taken in the late 90's. But on the subject of Accardo, he's actually featured in that Dave S "mob talks" piece, recorded standing on a stoop talking with Borgesi, Michael Lancelotti & a Dave Salvo.

@Sinatra: That picture that you posted is outside of the Cape May Courthouse in 1998 when Merlino was going into court to plead to his Open Container and Littering citations, which he got while being stopped by the Margate City (Jersey Shore) police late night coming back from the bars. The people in the picture from the left are Anthony Accardo, Charles "Chuck" Peruto who is one of Joey's lawyers and reps a bunch of other mobsters, Joey Merlino, Joe Santaguida who is another one of Joey's lawyers and reps a lot of South Philly mobsters as well, and then the bald guy I cannot tell based on the back of his head. Side note, is Anthony Accardo in fact Joey's cousin? I didn't know that if that's the case. I have a bunch of recent Accardo pics also if anyone is interested in this guy. Incidentally, if you watch the recent Dave S. Mob Watch video on Fox where they talk about the Clubhouse on 11th & Jackson, you can see Accardo standing out front on the far right of the frame to the right of the clubhouse entrance talking to some other guy... He definitely still hangs out with the guys and is probably made if I had to guess (post-his prison sentence in 2001 for participating in the stolen property ring).

Last edited by PHL_Mob; 01/06/17 12:52 AM.
Re: Rare photos [Re: hoodlum] #903946
01/06/17 04:39 AM
01/06/17 04:39 AM
Y
yatescj7 Offline
Capo
yatescj7  Offline
Y
Capo
Originally Posted By: hoodlum
Originally Posted By: yatescj7
Originally Posted By: UncleVig
It was Angelo Ruggiero.

Thanks Sinatra, I think I read that John Carneglia did the work in a social club, So Gene is getting out in 2018 but is Johnny Carnegs have a murder case on him now due to the Bulls testimony?

DeeBee was hit in Sammy's office on Stillwell Ave, not a social club, and to my best knowledge Joseph Paruta did the hit. I think you're mixing up the hit on Milito which happened at a bar and John Carneglia was the shooter. Carneglia and Gene Gotti went away for 50 years on the heroin charge before Sammy flipped. To my knowledge, they weren't directly impacted nor did Sammy do them any damage from the stand.

Milito was a true wiseguy unlike Gravano. The bull only pulled the trigger once, he didn't have the stomach for it. On most of the hits he was part of he designated Milito as the trigger man because Milito was a stone cold gangster, unlike Gravano.
i JUST SAID THAT YATES.about 3 or 4 posts above u smooth...

You just said Old Man Paruta did the hit and was Sammy's mentor. I said a lot more than that. You just copy and pasted lines from Underboss Smooth.

Re: Rare photos [Re: OakAsFan] #903947
01/06/17 04:44 AM
01/06/17 04:44 AM
Y
yatescj7 Offline
Capo
yatescj7  Offline
Y
Capo
Uncle Junior in the Sopranos is partly based on Majuri.

Uncle Junior is mainly based on Uncle Joe Giaccobe.

Re: Rare photos [Re: rickydelta] #903951
01/06/17 06:19 AM
01/06/17 06:19 AM
Underground
Toodoped Offline
Murder Ink
Toodoped  Offline
Murder Ink
Underboss
Underground
Originally Posted By: rickydelta
James the Turk Torello And Tony Spilotro with there Wife's

Wow nice one ricky, thanks

He who can never endure the bad will never see the good
Re: Rare photos [Re: Toodoped] #903952
01/06/17 08:19 AM
01/06/17 08:19 AM
rickydelta Offline
Underboss
rickydelta  Offline
Underboss
Your welcome Toodoped smile

Re: Rare photos [Re: PHL_Mob] #903962
01/06/17 11:34 AM
01/06/17 11:34 AM
S
SinatraClub Offline
Underboss
SinatraClub  Offline
S
Underboss
Originally Posted By: PHL_Mob

@Sinatra: That picture that you posted is outside of the Cape May Courthouse in 1998 when Merlino was going into court to plead to his Open Container and Littering citations, which he got while being stopped by the Margate City (Jersey Shore) police late night coming back from the bars. The people in the picture from the left are Anthony Accardo, Charles "Chuck" Peruto who is one of Joey's lawyers and reps a bunch of other mobsters, Joey Merlino, Joe Santaguida who is another one of Joey's lawyers and reps a lot of South Philly mobsters as well, and then the bald guy I cannot tell based on the back of his head. Side note, is Anthony Accardo in fact Joey's cousin? I didn't know that if that's the case. I have a bunch of recent Accardo pics also if anyone is interested in this guy. Incidentally, if you watch the recent Dave S. Mob Watch video on Fox where they talk about the Clubhouse on 11th & Jackson, you can see Accardo standing out front on the far right of the frame to the right of the clubhouse entrance talking to some other guy... He definitely still hangs out with the guys and is probably made if I had to guess (post-his prison sentence in 2001 for participating in the stolen property ring).

I'll take your word for it PHL-Mob, your other post on this matter have always resonated to have a factual basis with me. So I'll buy it.

@Yates, thank you. Clearly he didn't read the DeCalvacante book "Made Men". Only goes to show that it's just theories people created and tried to add a connection with, and boom you have various articles claiming "The Sopranos is based on this person and that group." As if it's fact, despite the creator of the show never saying such a thing. Uncle Junior definitely shares a lot more similarities to Joseph "Joe Pitts" Giacobbe. Both hung out at a pork store, both drove black cadillacs (as you can see in some of the flashback sequences Tony has of him as a young boy).

Re: Rare photos [Re: Moe_Tilden] #904035
01/06/17 07:44 PM
01/06/17 07:44 PM
G
GerryLang Offline
Underboss
GerryLang  Offline
G
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Moe_Tilden
Tommy Pitera

Anthony Senter

Frank Lastorino and Anthony Senter

Bonanno family capo's, Sandro Aiosa and Vito Grimaldi

John Gotti, Natale Richichi and others

Caesar Gurino, Anthony Gurino, Peter Savino and John Morrissey

Ellsworth "Bumpy" Johnson (L) , Genovese associate in Harlem

Grandson of Domenico Cutaia and son of Salvatore Cutaia, Joseph Cutaia, a Lucchese associate in prison for attempted robbery of a Bensonhurst couple

Andimo Pappadio, brother of Michael Pappadio

Anthony Mancuso, father of Michael Mancuso

Salvatore Vitale, Anthony Spero and Louis Restivo

Great photos. Morrissey was mrked for deathby Amuso and Casso who claimed he was a rat, it was set up your fat Pete Chiodo. He wasn't the rat, but Peter Savino the other guy in the picture who the Chinese wouldn't have killed.

Re: Rare photos [Re: Strax] #904066
01/07/17 04:21 AM
01/07/17 04:21 AM
Y
yatescj7 Offline
Capo
yatescj7  Offline
Y
Capo
Joe Pitts wasn't Uncle Joe Giaccobe. Joe Pitts was Joseph Conigliaro. He was paralyzed after he and a partner shot each other after taking a victim in a car. Joe Pitts was a DeCavalcante associate at first but later a Gambino associated with the Carroll Gardens Gambino crew with Bobby Boriello. Ran a social club called the "One Over Golf Club"

Re: Rare photos [Re: Strax] #904085
01/07/17 12:27 PM
01/07/17 12:27 PM
A
andrewc Offline
Made Member
andrewc  Offline
A
Made Member
Excellent Senter pictures. Does anyone have any information on Senter's time with the Lucchese's?

Re: Rare photos [Re: yatescj7] #904089
01/07/17 12:55 PM
01/07/17 12:55 PM
S
SinatraClub Offline
Underboss
SinatraClub  Offline
S
Underboss
Originally Posted By: yatescj7
Joe Pitts wasn't Uncle Joe Giaccobe. Joe Pitts was Joseph Conigliaro. He was paralyzed after he and a partner shot each other after taking a victim in a car. Joe Pitts was a DeCavalcante associate at first but later a Gambino associated with the Carroll Gardens Gambino crew with Bobby Boriello. Ran a social club called the "One Over Golf Club"

Correct. I misread the bolded "JOE PITTS" right underneath the paragraph of Joe Giacobbe.

Re: Rare photos [Re: Moe_Tilden] #904146
01/08/17 11:28 AM
01/08/17 11:28 AM
J
JCrusher Offline
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline
J
Underboss
Gotti was an inarticulate moron who could barely pull off a hijacking, run a book or set up a drug deal successfully let alone be an underworld construction magnate like Paul Castellano.

His children and grandchildren are also imbeciles.

There is ample evidence of this.

The Bergin crew pulled in quite a bit of money from their JFK highjackings, this is fact. Gene Gotti, Angelo Ruggiero , Mark Reiter, Salvatore Ruggiero were major heroin traffickers and also made quite a bit of money from it, also all were Gotti confidants, this is fact. Reiter & Sal Ruggiero were multi-millionaires from their drug proceedings, this is fact. Construction was NEVER one of Gotti's rackets, Gravano was the construction guy, this is fact.

What do all those people have to do with the fact John Gotti is an illiterate moron?

And I never said construction was one of Gotti's rackets. That's the point.

He was a glorified drug peddler.

No different from thousands of inner city teenagers all over the country.

They don't have legions of morons looking up to them because of movies, books and reality shows though.

agreed moe

Re: Rare photos [Re: Strax] #904162
01/08/17 02:02 PM
01/08/17 02:02 PM
Paris; France
ALDO Offline
Wiseguy
ALDO  Offline
Wiseguy
Paris; France
[img:center][/img]

is this Bobby Cabert?

" Listen, I called your fucking house five times yesterday now if you disregard my fucking phone calls I'll blow you and that fucking house up "
Re: Rare photos [Re: ALDO] #904169
01/08/17 04:48 PM
01/08/17 04:48 PM
B
bronx Offline
Underboss
bronx  Offline
B
Underboss
nah

Re: Rare photos [Re: Strax] #904172
01/08/17 05:13 PM
01/08/17 05:13 PM
S
SinatraClub Offline
Underboss
SinatraClub  Offline
S
Underboss
Who the hell is that anyways. Mainly obese guy next to him.

Re: Rare photos [Re: Strax] #904174
01/08/17 05:29 PM
01/08/17 05:29 PM
B
bronx Offline
Underboss
bronx  Offline
B
Underboss
forgot his name but def not made both those guys have a shoe off each, maybe celebrating shoeless joe's birthday

Re: Rare photos [Re: Strax] #904177
01/08/17 06:03 PM
01/08/17 06:03 PM
Kokomo
B
Beanshooter Offline
Underboss
Beanshooter  Offline
B
Underboss
Kokomo
Hey Bronx, who is shoeless Joe? And why the shoe off name?

Re: Rare photos [Re: bronx] #904182
01/08/17 07:20 PM
01/08/17 07:20 PM
S
SinatraClub Offline
Underboss
SinatraClub  Offline
S
Underboss
Originally Posted By: bronx
forgot his name but def not made both those guys have a shoe off each, maybe celebrating shoeless joe's birthday

Or maybe their feets just hurt.

Re: Rare photos [Re: Beanshooter] #904190
01/08/17 10:40 PM
01/08/17 10:40 PM
B
bronx Offline
Underboss
bronx  Offline
B
Underboss
chicago white sox player who helped throw the world series, joe jackson.

Re: Rare photos [Re: bronx] #904213
01/09/17 08:31 AM
01/09/17 08:31 AM
Kokomo
B
Beanshooter Offline
Underboss
Beanshooter  Offline
B
Underboss
Kokomo
Originally Posted By: bronx
chicago white sox player who helped throw the world series, joe jackson.

Boy you are old Bronx!

Re: Rare photos [Re: Beanshooter] #904222
01/09/17 10:07 AM
01/09/17 10:07 AM
B
bronx Offline
Underboss
bronx  Offline
B
Underboss
lol crusty and old..they say golden years b.s. ! rusty years more like it

Re: Rare photos [Re: Strax] #904360
01/11/17 03:46 PM
01/11/17 03:46 PM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

Joey Merlino

Joseph Grimaldi and Joseph Cammarano Jr.

John Gotti Jr. and Dominick Pizzonia

Charlie Iannece and Nick Caramandi vacationing in Florida

Norman Dupont (guarding door); Dominick Pizzonia (threatening cameraman); John Gotti (sitting, amused); John D'Amico (sitting, distracted); Ignazio Alogna, Gregory De Palma and Joseph Corozzo (standing)

George Conte (Lucchese)

Angelo Ruggiero

Danny Greene

I invoke my right under the 5th amendment of the United States constitution and decline to answer the question.
Page 108 of 156 1 2 106 107 108 109 110 155 156

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull