GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
3 registered members (Toodoped, m2w, 1 invisible), 322 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,493
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,925
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,334
Posts1,058,837
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Michael franseze crew [Re: yatescj7] #904143
01/08/17 10:31 AM
01/08/17 10:31 AM
Chicago and Cleveland
FriendoftheFamily Offline
Made Member
FriendoftheFamily  Offline
Made Member
Chicago and Cleveland
Originally Posted By: yatescj7
Originally Posted By: FriendoftheFamily
Well Michael tells a little different story about Sonny and his biological father than what seems to be said in the various preceding Posts.

I will try to remember the exact thing he said about a month ago and I will post it.

Michael says exactly what I have said in the preceding post. I have it in my files. Thought Sonny was his dad, thought Sonny adopted him, realized Sonny is his actual biological father. That sums it up

Although I can't remember exactly what he said a month ago right now - I offer you this to start with from his book "From Godfather to GOD the Father". Page 21 of the Family Section this paragraph in part:

"And, as young as she was, Mom had also been married before. At sixteen, she hooked up with a handsome young soldier named Louis Grillo, and their teenage love affair, although it barely survived a year, had produced none other than yours truely-me. I was Louis Grillo's son by birth, but as far back as I can remember, Sonny Franzese accepted me as his own. He was, therefore, the only dad I ever really knew."

I will try to come up with more later and see what your research came up with and when. It doesn't mean that he didn't say it differently at different times. Lots of stories change over time.

Also that same partial paragraph with only a word or two changed is stated in his 1991 writing of the Blood Covenant on Page 34 of the Old Life section 7.

Last edited by FriendoftheFamily; 01/08/17 11:07 AM.
Re: Michael franseze crew [Re: FriendoftheFamily] #904200
01/09/17 02:51 AM
01/09/17 02:51 AM
Y
yatescj7 Offline
Capo
yatescj7  Offline
Y
Capo
Originally Posted By: yatescj7
Well Michael tells a little different story about Sonny and his biological father than what seems to be said in the various preceding Posts.

I will try to remember the exact thing he said about a month ago and I will post it.

Michael says exactly what I have said in the preceding post. I have it in my files. Thought Sonny was his dad, thought Sonny adopted him, realized Sonny is his actual biological father. That sums it up

Although I can't remember exactly what he said a month ago right now - I offer you this to start with from his book "From Godfather to GOD the Father". Page 21 of the Family Section this paragraph in part:

"And, as young as she was, Mom had also been married before. At sixteen, she hooked up with a handsome young soldier named Louis Grillo, and their teenage love affair, although it barely survived a year, had produced none other than yours truely-me. I was Louis Grillo's son by birth, but as far back as I can remember, Sonny Franzese accepted me as his own. He was, therefore, the only dad I ever really knew."

I will try to come up with more later and see what your research came up with and when. It doesn't mean that he didn't say it differently at different times. Lots of stories change over time.

Also that same partial paragraph with only a word or two changed is stated in his 1991 writing of the Blood Covenant on Page 34 of the Old Life section 7.

That is exactly correct, he thought Grillo( I thought his first name was Frankie Grillo, but it may have been Louis)was his father and Sonny was his stepdad for a long time. Only after his exodus from the mob (or during) did he find out Sonny was actually his biological father. He didn't say how he knew, but I am guessing they did a DNA test.

It was a lie both Sonny and Tina told to save face. Sonny was married when he knocked her up and she was pregnant out of wedlock and she married Grillo and said Michael was his. Sonny, not long after, got divorced and "adopted" Michael, but Michael was his. They did all of it too keep up appearances. I will look in my files and give you the sources probably around Wednesday or Thursday. The source is Mikey Franzese in an interview, but I will have to find the interviewer and the year. Might have been a European Newspaper. Maybe in the U.K.

Last edited by yatescj7; 01/09/17 03:13 AM.
Re: Michael franseze crew [Re: MeyerLansky] #904203
01/09/17 06:17 AM
01/09/17 06:17 AM
Chicago
C
CabriniGreen Offline
Underboss
CabriniGreen  Offline
C
Underboss
Chicago
Frankie Castagnaro? Vincent Aspromonte? Champagne Larry, Lawrence Iorizzo, all I can remember from the top of my head.. I think there was an ex Vietnam vet too...

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull