GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Toodoped), 537 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,603
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,081
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,517
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,372
Posts1,059,535
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 51 of 55 1 2 49 50 51 52 53 54 55
Re: what if trumps wins the presidency? [Re: gangstereport] #900222
12/01/16 06:40 AM
12/01/16 06:40 AM
C
Ciment Offline
Ciment  Offline
C

Originally Posted By: gangstereport
Originally Posted By: Ciment

It is very difficult for me to comprehend how any heads of state or representative thereof, would attend the funeral of any of these brutal dictators.

they back US interest that's why they attend. Castro was a brutal dictator he gets vilified like others dont because he did not back US interest

why is the US still backing countries like Saudia Arabia? own interests this should not be difficult to comprehend leaders are trying to do the best for there own countries and own interest allying themselves with dictatorships may benefit there country,economy or themselves politically

I was talking about attending the funeral of a tyrant dictator not discussing foreign affairs.

Re: what if trumps wins the presidency? [Re: yatescj7] #900223
12/01/16 07:00 AM
12/01/16 07:00 AM
Past caring, then hang a left
H
helenwheels Offline
Underboss
helenwheels  Offline
H
Underboss
Originally Posted By: yatescj7
Originally Posted By: helenwheels
Originally Posted By: getthesenets

Agree.

Baby Doc Duvalier died a few years back. He and his father killed,jailed a greater % of the population of Haiti than Castro did to Cuba. Plus they ran the economy and country into the GROUND. But they pretty much bent over for Western interests, so when they die...there's no outcry from the Western press about "death of evil dictators" as with Castro.

Yes. Haiti is a perfect example.

The US has a long history of backing murderous regimes, especially in Latin America and the Caribbean. Maximiliano Hernández Martínez, Ubico, Trujillo, Duvalier, Pinochet, Somoza (father and sons)....

There are many Americans that don't mind human rights violating and murderous regimes as long as it's 'our bastard' doing it. The cries against someone like Castro ring hollow when these same people remain silent on all the others.

Like I said, let's throw out the United States views of leaders in Cuba and Haiti. Let's listen to Cuban Exiles views and what they think of the Castro regime. Would you value their opinion?

Of course i value their opinions.

Do you value the opinions of people that have suffered under US backed tyrants?

Beyond the Cuban exiles opinions I value the facts, which are that the man was a murderous tyrant, which i clearly stated upthread. He was, and thats not debatable. But that doesn't preclude my understanding that other people in the world have different opinions on Castro, based in their own interactions with his regime.

Last edited by helenwheels; 12/01/16 07:11 AM.

All God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

I never met anyone who didn't have a very smart child. What happens to these children, you wonder, when they reach adulthood?

Re: what if trumps wins the presidency? [Re: Binnie_Coll] #900243
12/01/16 01:28 PM
12/01/16 01:28 PM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss
Our fake Italian mayor loved Che and Castro.

On the first Christmas tree when obama got into the White House after became president was an ornament of Chairmen Mao.

What does that tell you?

only the unloved hate
Re: what if trumps wins the presidency? [Re: Binnie_Coll] #900252
12/01/16 02:41 PM
12/01/16 02:41 PM
Green Grove Retirement Communi...
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
A lot of Cuban exiles who've been in the U.S. for 20, 30 years have been brainwashed by Republican propaganda. Their views on Castro and his style of leadership were genuine, but as their sentiments became increasingly manipulated by Republicans and right wingers in the media, many of them sound more and more like typical right wing parrots. I don't blame them. I blame how the Republicans have pounced on their dilemna for political gain, especially in places like south Florida.

Last edited by OakAsFan; 12/01/16 03:18 PM.

"...the successful annihilation of organized crime's subculture in America would rock the 'legitimate' world's foundation, which would ultimately force fundamental social changes and redistributions of wealth and power in this country. Meyer Lansky's dream was to bond the two worlds together so that one could not survive without the other." - Dan E. Moldea
Re: what if trumps wins the presidency? [Re: OakAsFan] #900279
12/01/16 05:29 PM
12/01/16 05:29 PM
OC, CA
Faithful1 Offline
Underboss
Faithful1  Offline
Underboss
OC, CA
Originally Posted By: OakAsFan
A lot of Cuban exiles who've been in the U.S. for 20, 30 years have been brainwashed by Republican propaganda. Their views on Castro and his style of leadership were genuine, but as their sentiments became increasingly manipulated by Republicans and right wingers in the media, many of them sound more and more like typical right wing parrots. I don't blame them. I blame how the Republicans have pounced on their dilemna for political gain, especially in places like south Florida.

You're just mad because they weren't brainwashed by Democrat left-wing propaganda first. Do you blame the Democrats for all the other identity groups used by them for political gain?

Re: what if trumps wins the presidency? [Re: Binnie_Coll] #900293
12/01/16 07:31 PM
12/01/16 07:31 PM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
Democrats never exploited their anti-Castro sentiments the way Republicans did. Democrats, the nice people that they are, just made sure the Cubans had a quality of life here in the states.

"...the successful annihilation of organized crime's subculture in America would rock the 'legitimate' world's foundation, which would ultimately force fundamental social changes and redistributions of wealth and power in this country. Meyer Lansky's dream was to bond the two worlds together so that one could not survive without the other." - Dan E. Moldea
Re: what if trumps wins the presidency? [Re: yatescj7] #900305
12/01/16 08:35 PM
12/01/16 08:35 PM
getthesenets Offline
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline
Underboss
Like I said, let's throw out the United States views of leaders in Cuba and Haiti. Let's listen to Cuban Exiles views and what they think of the Castro regime. Would you value their opinion?

Of course, but I'd bet that depending on which social class or ethnic group their ancestors were from in Cuba you'd get different responses. It's a bit more complex than you might think.

Re: what if trumps wins the presidency? [Re: OakAsFan] #900343
12/02/16 02:55 AM
12/02/16 02:55 AM
Y
yatescj7 Offline
Capo
yatescj7  Offline
Y
Capo
Democrats never exploited their anti-Castro sentiments the way Republicans did. Democrats, the nice people that they are, just made sure the Cubans had a quality of life here in the states.

Yeah, JFK never exploited Anti Castro sentiment. Check the history books again little trooper.

Re: what if trumps wins the presidency? [Re: getthesenets] #900344
12/02/16 02:58 AM
12/02/16 02:58 AM
Y
yatescj7 Offline
Capo
yatescj7  Offline
Y
Capo
Originally Posted By: getthesenets

Of course, but I'd bet that depending on which social class or ethnic group their ancestors were from in Cuba you'd get different responses. It's a bit more complex than you might think.

Check out the Cuban turnout in Miami when Castro died. They weren't celebrating his life I promise you that. Or the Cuban reporter that blasted Colin Kap for wearing the Castro shirt. Every Cuban social class has the same view on Castro. A tyrannical oppressive dictator.

Re: what if trumps wins the presidency? [Re: Binnie_Coll] #900356
12/02/16 08:11 AM
12/02/16 08:11 AM
blueracing347 Offline
Underboss
blueracing347  Offline
Underboss
Bay of Pigs? The Democrats most definitely saw Castro as an angel. He was misunderstood is all. We have riots when a black man is shot by a cop for not putting a gun down. Go try that shit in Castro's Cuba.

Re: what if trumps wins the presidency? [Re: yatescj7] #900387
12/02/16 05:01 PM
12/02/16 05:01 PM
getthesenets Offline
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline
Underboss
Check out the Cuban turnout in Miami when Castro died. They weren't celebrating his life I promise you that. Or the Cuban reporter that blasted Colin Kap for wearing the Castro shirt. Every Cuban social class has the same view on Castro. A tyrannical oppressive dictator.

Not sure if you are kidding or not. You base your claim that "every Cuban social class" has the same view on Castro on the public demonstrations in Miami and of a Cuban American reporter blasting Kap. I'm assuming you mean Dan LeBatard of espn.

How many Cuban Americans do you know personally? I don't live too far from the second biggest enclave of Cuban Americans in the country(Union City,NJ) and I've known a good number of people of that background. The Cubans who left there as adults immediately after the revolution(mainly the wealthy) are mostly all gone now. THOSE people mainly hated Castro. THEIR kids and grandkids mainly hate Castro. Cubans I've met who aren't descended from that planter class that Castro seized land from have had varying views and opinions about him and the effects of the revolution.

Re: what if trumps wins the presidency? [Re: Binnie_Coll] #900414
12/02/16 08:54 PM
12/02/16 08:54 PM
OC, CA
Faithful1 Offline
Underboss
Faithful1  Offline
Underboss
OC, CA
Originally Posted By: Binnie_Coll

I agree. billions, and billions spent on wars. the afghan war 15 yrs old, what have we gained? where is the return for the money spent? we could have put millions of people to work with that war money. why was bush and cheney allowed to just walk away from what they caused, leaving the country like a baby leaves a diaper!

If you remember I was against the Iraq War, but the Afghan War is a different story. According to information that just came out, I think from a former CIA agent, Khalid Sheikh Muhammad said he never expected Bush to declare war on the Taliban and Al Qaeda. He thought Bush was going to treat 9/11 as a police matter, and with that in mind he planned several more large attacks in the United States. Bush stopped him from doing that. Read this article in the Washington Post:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/...m=.cfeec3469c67

Re: what if trumps wins the presidency? [Re: Binnie_Coll] #900416
12/02/16 09:14 PM
12/02/16 09:14 PM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
I'm not sure you're going to find that magic article that makes Bush look good on national security after he allowed the biggest attack on U.S. soil in history, despite having prior intel of the attacks.

Re: what if trumps wins the presidency? [Re: helenwheels] #900419
12/02/16 09:35 PM
12/02/16 09:35 PM
OC, CA
Faithful1 Offline
Underboss
Faithful1  Offline
Underboss
OC, CA

The US has a long history of backing murderous regimes, especially in Latin America and the Caribbean. Maximiliano Hernández Martínez, Ubico, Trujillo, Duvalier, Pinochet, Somoza (father and sons)....

There are many Americans that don't mind human rights violating and murderous regimes as long as it's 'our bastard' doing it. The cries against someone like Castro ring hollow when these same people remain silent on all the others.

I think this response is rather simplistic and leaves out a lot of real world facts.

First, going back to Truman the USA has opposed communism, so we chose to ally ourselves with other leaders who shared that political position. True, a lot of them didn't have clean hands, but neither did those on the Left, plus those on the Left typically allied themselves with the USSR. So we were stuck with a lesser of evils.

If we didn't help keep our allies in power the Soviet Union would use its resources to overthrow them and install puppet regimes. The USSR kept communist regimes alive in Cuba, Nicaragua, Angola and Ethiopia, for example. None of those regimes were nice. Mengistu of Ethiopia created a famine that led to the deaths of a million. In 2006 he was found guilty of genocide.

In Cuba's case it seems like a false moral equivalency. The regime under Batista was nowhere near as totalitarian as Castro's. Yes, there was corruption under Batista, but are you telling me that there wasn't any under the Castro brothers? While most Cubans live on about $20 a month, the Castros live/lived like millionaires. That's not only hypocritical, that's at least as corrupt as the Duvaliers.

I also don't think it's true that we never criticized our "friends." We did. I recall a lot of criticism against the Duvaliers, but the problem was figuring out what do. Should the United States have moved in, taken over Haiti, cleaned it up and left? Sounds good in theory, but most countries don't appreciate being invaded by foreign powers, even if they have good intentions. His successor Namphy had a reputation for being honest, but only lasted a couple years until he was overthrown. Aristide was criticized for human rights abuses and corruption.

Another thing to consider is that fewer countries are enjoying human rights abuses than in the past because there is less tolerance for it. Russia isn't practicing the abuses it did (at least not on the same scale) when it was the USSR, and China is vastly improved compared to the Mao era. Until 1967 in some parts of the United States it was not legal for black and white people to marry, blacks had to use separate bathrooms and water fountains, and in World War II citizens of Japanese, (and a lesser extent) German and Italian descent were sent to internment camps. Today almost all of the abuses are coming from countries that are officially Muslim. So comparing today's foreign policy with that from decades ago is comparing apples to oranges.

Re: what if trumps wins the presidency? [Re: Faithful1] #900425
12/02/16 10:34 PM
12/02/16 10:34 PM
H
helenwheels Offline
Underboss
helenwheels  Offline
H
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Faithful1

I think this response is rather simplistic and leaves out a lot of real world facts.

Well, yes it is simplistic response, its also a simplistic thread and i find it interesting that you're singling mine out. But i enjoy engaging, so...

In addition to simplifying my thoughts, i kept my post short intentionally, brevity generally being best on message boards. I didnt really see the need to go into dissertation mode, on subject matter that i knew getthesenets was likely aware of. And i didnt think (based on what I've generally read here) that most other posters would really enjoy a conversation debating whether those that seek to justify our third world policies supporting dictators in the name of strategic interests have it right, or if its those that favor benign detachment that are correct.

But overall i enjoyed reading your post. It was literate and thought out, it's a nice change from some of the others in the thread.

Last edited by helenwheels; 12/03/16 12:12 AM.

All God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

I never met anyone who didn't have a very smart child. What happens to these children, you wonder, when they reach adulthood?

Re: what if trumps wins the presidency? [Re: OakAsFan] #900434
12/03/16 12:02 AM
12/03/16 12:02 AM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss
I'm not sure you're going to find that magic article that makes Bush look good on national security after he allowed the biggest attack on U.S. soil in history, despite having prior intel of the attacks.

Have you ever been too the World Trade Center man.

I used to go there all the time. My wife worked in one of the buildings.

When they hit the first building I was a sleep. I retired in 1996 way before my wife did.

I started to get calls from kids about where is their mother. I said what time was the building hit. They told me she has to be alright because she left after it was hit. So hearing about it she would come right home. I was right but no Sandra. Kids stopped calling because phone service went out. One daughter was going to Columbia university at that time. I told her just stay where you are.

My wife got home about 6 0clock that night. So in my head I knew she was alright. But by that time I am thinking where the fuck us she if she is alright.

When people start talking about 9/11 and are not from NYC and they knew no one who worked in those buildings.

I am thinking they know shit, and they should fucking shut their stupid months about it.

on no weapons of mass destruction in Iraq. Again when the Russians left Iraq they took them to Syria. How do I know that guys in the Russian mafia told me that. That's how I know they had no reason to lie.

only the unloved hate
Re: what if trumps wins the presidency? [Re: Faithful1] #900435
12/03/16 12:06 AM
12/03/16 12:06 AM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss

Interesting. In your response, I didn't see any real world facts. Just a bunch of historical footnotes that are common knowledge, and opinionated assertions you're evidently passing along as fact.

Re: what if trumps wins the presidency? [Re: OakAsFan] #900438
12/03/16 12:14 AM
12/03/16 12:14 AM
H
helenwheels Offline
Underboss
helenwheels  Offline
H
Underboss

Interesting. In your response, I didn't see any real world facts. Just a bunch of historical footnotes that are common knowledge, and opinionated assertions you're evidently passing along as fact.

Hey, dont knock it. Black people once had to use separate bathrooms? Who knew? I was as shocked as Claude Rains in Casablanca.

(Reading through posts here on the board, you find there are some people who wish black people still had to use their own loo. Too quote the new president- sad)

Last edited by helenwheels; 12/03/16 12:43 AM.

Re: what if trumps wins the presidency? [Re: Binnie_Coll] #900440
12/03/16 12:29 AM
12/03/16 12:29 AM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
Footreads,

I do listen to New Yorkers.

They vote Democrat. Every single election. Maybe you ought to listen to New Yorkers.

Re: what if trumps wins the presidency? [Re: helenwheels] #900443
12/03/16 01:01 AM
12/03/16 01:01 AM
OC, CA
Faithful1 Offline
Underboss
Faithful1  Offline
Underboss
OC, CA

Well, yes it is simplistic response, its also a simplistic thread and i find it interesting that you're singling mine out. But i enjoy engaging, so...

In addition to simplifying my thoughts, i kept my post short intentionally, brevity generally being best on message boards. I didnt really see the need to go into dissertation mode, on subject matter that i knew getthesenets was likely aware of. And i didnt think (based on what I've generally read here) that most other posters would really enjoy a conversation debating whether those that seek to justify our third world policies supporting dictators in the name of strategic interests have it right, or if its those that favor benign detachment that are correct.

But overall i enjoyed reading your post. It was literate and thought out, it's a nice change from some of the others in the thread.

BTW, Helen, when I used the word simplistic I didn't mean it as an insult and I probably should have chosen another word, it's just that I've read a number of posts on a different forum where the writers more often than not emote based on superficial knowledge. Sometimes I spend more time in that forum than I should LOL.

I used to get into these idealism vs realism debates with a friend of mine who's a poly sci professor, but he got set in his ways and isn't much of a debater anymore. So I appreciate that we can have our disagreements without taking it personally, and there's been a number of times where you've brought things to my attention that help correct or sharpen my own knowledge.

Re: what if trumps wins the presidency? [Re: OakAsFan] #900445
12/03/16 01:05 AM
12/03/16 01:05 AM
OC, CA
Faithful1 Offline
Underboss
Faithful1  Offline
Underboss
OC, CA

I expected an ignorant response. You didn't disappoint.

Re: what if trumps wins the presidency? [Re: OakAsFan] #900453
12/03/16 03:31 AM
12/03/16 03:31 AM
Y
yatescj7 Offline
Capo
yatescj7  Offline
Y
Capo

Bush was in office 8 months. The fact is, that Bin Laden and radical Islamist terrorist grew leaps and bounds under the Clinton Administration which was soft on terrorism. The First World Trade Center Bombing? Clinton presidency.Black Hawk Down in Somalia? Clinton. Khobar Towers? Clinton. Kenya and Tanzinia? Clinton. USS Cole? Clinton. It was Bill Clinton and the Democrats soft stance on terrorism that led to 9-11 and the rise of Islamic extremism. If he would have been tougher and not preoccupied with his affairs and other blunders 9-11 could have been prevented.

Re: what if trumps wins the presidency? [Re: yatescj7] #900458
12/03/16 05:14 AM
12/03/16 05:14 AM
OC, CA
Faithful1 Offline
Underboss
Faithful1  Offline
Underboss
OC, CA
Don't forget the "wall" created by the Gorelick memo that prevented the FBI and intelligence agencies from sharing information -- written during the Clinton administration.

That Jamie Gorelick was a real piece of work. After writing the memo she covered up the failure of Fannie Mae while paying herself a hefty salary. Later she tried to defend Duke University after it screwed its lacrosse team with fake charges of rape and racism.

Re: what if trumps wins the presidency? [Re: Faithful1] #900461
12/03/16 06:58 AM
12/03/16 06:58 AM
H
helenwheels Offline
Underboss
helenwheels  Offline
H
Underboss

BTW, Helen, when I used the word simplistic I didn't mean it as an insult and I probably should have chosen another word, it's just that I've read a number of posts on a different forum where the writers more often than not emote based on superficial knowledge. Sometimes I spend more time in that forum than I should LOL.

I used to get into these idealism vs realism debates with a friend of mine who's a poly sci professor, but he got set in his ways and isn't much of a debater anymore. So I appreciate that we can have our disagreements without taking it personally, and there's been a number of times where you've brought things to my attention that help correct or sharpen my own knowledge.

No worries. I wasnt insulted at all. Like I said, I do enjoy engaging and good conversations and i hope to have more.

Re: what if trumps wins the presidency? [Re: Binnie_Coll] #900507
12/03/16 04:33 PM
12/03/16 04:33 PM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss

Re: what if trumps wins the presidency? [Re: Binnie_Coll] #900516
12/03/16 05:08 PM
12/03/16 05:08 PM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss
I take trump over the fucking C.U.N.T

only the unloved hate
Re: what if trumps wins the presidency? [Re: Binnie_Coll] #900517
12/03/16 05:11 PM
12/03/16 05:11 PM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss
How is the recount going?

only the unloved hate
Re: what if trumps wins the presidency? [Re: Binnie_Coll] #900518
12/03/16 05:17 PM
12/03/16 05:17 PM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss
After two days of recounting

OVERALL
Clinton gained 3 votes
Trump gained 6 votes
Net Trump gain of 3 votes on Day 2

only the unloved hate
Re: what if trumps wins the presidency? [Re: Footreads] #900524
12/03/16 08:50 PM
12/03/16 08:50 PM
far, northwest
Binnie_Coll Offline OP
Underboss
Binnie_Coll  Offline OP
Underboss
far, northwest
Originally Posted By: Footreads
After two days of recounting

OVERALL
Clinton gained 3 votes
Trump gained 6 votes
Net Trump gain of 3 votes on Day 2

no good recounting! FBI'S jim comey put trump IN white house, check out hillarys numbers before and after comey's letter.

" watch what you say around this guy, he's got a big mouth" sam giancana to an outfit soldier about frank Sinatra. [ from the book "my way"
Re: what if trumps wins the presidency? [Re: Binnie_Coll] #900531
12/03/16 09:18 PM
12/03/16 09:18 PM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss
I find it almost impossible to believe you would be happy if Hillary had won.

I think either way Comey will be let go by either one of them.

only the unloved hate
Page 51 of 55 1 2 49 50 51 52 53 54 55

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull