GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
4 registered members (mobcleve, CNote, lucky_bugs, 1 invisible), 254 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
Happy birthday Tommasino Neri.
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,438
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,845
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,508
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,308
Posts1,058,346
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 64 of 80 1 2 62 63 64 65 66 79 80
Re: Mafia Books [Re: Ciment] #901462
12/12/16 01:28 PM
12/12/16 01:28 PM
BillyBrizzi Offline
Underboss
BillyBrizzi  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Ciment
Mr. Lamothe
If you are who you say you are; then I am honored to be communicating with you.

Co-signed 100%

Not kissing ass here, Sixth Family is probably my favorite mob book after Raab's Five Families..

FORTIS FORTUNA IUVAT
Re: Mafia Books [Re: Turi Giuliano] #901465
12/12/16 02:10 PM
12/12/16 02:10 PM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

You know what's a book I couldn't get into? Gangbusters by Ernest Volkman.

Underboss by Peter Maas wasn't bad but the book seemed more like a transcript of a conversation with Gravano than a book with a flowing narrative.

Whatever misgivings about Al D'Arco and the veracity of what he says, Mob Boss is a good book and gives you an idea of what it was like growing up in New York in an Italian-American family in the 1950's. He's a good storyteller.

George Anastasia books are always quick and easy to read. It's kinda disturbing how often he calls *insert mobster* handsome, though it makes a good drinking game while you read!

I invoke my right under the 5th amendment of the United States constitution and decline to answer the question.
Re: Mafia Books [Re: CabriniGreen] #901466
12/12/16 02:26 PM
12/12/16 02:26 PM
B
BobbyPazzo Offline
Capo
BobbyPazzo  Offline
B
Capo
Originally Posted By: CabriniGreen
@ Sinatra

Marlo's last scene on the Wire, where he gets cut and taste the blood....

One of my favorite scenes in anything ever

Re: Mafia Books [Re: BobbyPazzo] #901736
12/14/16 07:03 PM
12/14/16 07:03 PM
n.e.philly
hoodlum Offline
Underboss
hoodlum  Offline
Underboss
n.e.philly
Mentioned 2 my wife about a month ago that i was gettin' low on reading material, & she purchased a few that she knew i didn't have..(she cares enough 2 keep track of my hobbies,a good woman)...anyways, I just got through (Donnie Brasco: Unfinished Business)..I was behooved that i didn't know this existed ,the copyright 2007,,me of all ppl..i was mad @ myself 4 not keeping up or missing this one ..I'm a Pistone fan & pride myself on my knowledge of early bonanno yrs. Thought it was not bad, even though it rehashed some stories everyone knows,but liked the little inside stories(like when he had 2 meet Lefty @ 12:00 midnite in a deserted bar) & the topics on working w/ Johnny Depp & Al Pacino.. anybody get 2 this piece of material?? any thoughts???

I didn't want to leave blood on your carpet...
Re: Mafia Books [Re: Turi Giuliano] #901776
12/15/16 12:53 AM
12/15/16 12:53 AM
C
Ciment Offline
Ciment  Offline
C

Out of curiosity how many organized crime books do you own ?

I got 106 but I am quite sure I am not the only one on this forum that has that many or if not more.

Re: Mafia Books [Re: Alfa Romeo] #901802
12/15/16 10:54 AM
12/15/16 10:54 AM
S
SinatraClub Offline
Underboss
SinatraClub  Offline
S
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Alfa Romeo
Originally Posted By: Moe_Tilden
It shouldn't be THAT much of a reach that De Meo would drink blood.

If he wasn't in the mafia he probably would have been a serial killer.

He was heading down that route before the mob gave him an outlet for it.

Name any mobster and 9 times out of 10 they have never even personally got their hands dirty on a hit, and if they did, it was either the impersonal method of shooting someone or as part of a hit team.

De Meo dismembered bodies, and by all accounts he liked doing it.

They used to casually eat slices of pizza while they sawed an arm off.

Come to think of it, Chris Rosenberg was another budding serial killer whose homicidal tendencies were harnessed by the mob.

Good points Moe. What I remember reading, I think in MM, is that the Demeo crew would be eating pizza while wearing surgical gloves spattered with blood. I'm pretty sure but feel free to fact check that one.

Nah, Murder Machine doesn't state this either. It says they ate Pizza while there'd be bodies draining in the bathroom shower. And I'll tell you why they gave him the nickname Dracula, or atleast why I think. It says in Murder Machine clear as day, that while they all murdered people, only a handful of the crew members actually partook and enjoyed doing so, in the dismembering of bodies. So while you and Moe claim that despite it not actually being stated in the book, that it wouldn't be that much of a reach that DeMeo & Guglielmo "drank blood". Cool, and don't confuse any of this as me trying to say "You're wrong", you might be right for all I know. At the same time, why would it be so hard to think that crew members gave him the name simply due to his fondness for blood. And that doesn't mean he bathed in it, but that he simply liked doing the dirty stuff, like dismembering bodies, and cleaning blood off his floors? I keep seeing this word "alluded" to defend this "blood ritual" thing, thats not really proof.

Last edited by SinatraClub; 12/15/16 11:21 AM.
Re: Mafia Books [Re: SinatraClub] #901811
12/15/16 11:25 AM
12/15/16 11:25 AM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

Originally Posted By: SinatraClub

Name any mobster and 9 times out of 10 they have never even personally got their hands dirty on a hit, and if they did, it was either the impersonal method of shooting someone or as part of a hit team.

Come to think of it, Chris Rosenberg was another budding serial killer whose homicidal tendencies were harnessed by the mob.

Good points Moe. What I remember reading, I think in MM, is that the Demeo crew would be eating pizza while wearing surgical gloves spattered with blood. I'm pretty sure but feel free to fact check that one.

Nah, Murder Machine doesn't state this either. It says they ate Pizza while there'd be bodies draining in the bathroom shower. And I'll tell you why they gave him the nickname Dracula, or atleast why I think. It says in Murder Machine clear as day, that while they all murdered people, only a handful of the crew members actually partook and enjoyed doing so, in the dismembering of bodies. So while you and Moe claim that despite it not actually being stated in the book, that it wouldn't be that much of a reach that DeMeo & Guglielmo "drank blood". Cool, and don't confuse any of this as me trying to say "You're wrong", you might be right for all I know. At the same time, why would it be so hard to think that crew members gave him the name simply due to his fondness for blood. And that doesn't mean he bathed in it, but that he simply liked doing the dirty stuff, like dismembering bodies, and cleaning blood off his floors? I keep seeing this word "alluded" to defend this "blood ritual" thing, thats not really proof.

That doesn't disprove what you highlighted in bold either.

Joe Coffey who led the OCTF said Roy De Meo drank blood.

He knows more than you do.

Hard as it is to believe.

I invoke my right under the 5th amendment of the United States constitution and decline to answer the question.
Re: Mafia Books [Re: SinatraClub] #901819
12/15/16 11:50 AM
12/15/16 11:50 AM
Alfa Romeo Offline
Underboss
Alfa Romeo  Offline
Underboss

You're right Sinatra, I (we) really don't have proof. But keeping an open mind about your theory for the nickname Dracula...it doesn't quite add up for me. I could see them calling Guglielmo "Dracula" for doing the dirty work if he was in fact the main one or one of the main ones doing the clean up that they would do after a killing in that apartment. But he wasn't the only one involved in that, if at all. I think maybe it was Henry Borelli that wasn't big on clean up and using knives and whatnot. He was more of a trigger man and didn't like getting his hands dirty. The rest of them were into it and had no problem with that, so far as we know. So what we have here is a group of killers, who all killed, and who all participated in the clean up...but they called one guy Dracula.

"For us, rubbin'out a Mustache was just like makin' way for a new building, like we was in the construction business."
Re: Mafia Books [Re: hoodlum] #901822
12/15/16 12:13 PM
12/15/16 12:13 PM
Alfa Romeo Offline
Underboss
Alfa Romeo  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: hoodlum
Mentioned 2 my wife about a month ago that i was gettin' low on reading material, & she purchased a few that she knew i didn't have..(she cares enough 2 keep track of my hobbies,a good woman)...anyways, I just got through (Donnie Brasco: Unfinished Business)..I was behooved that i didn't know this existed ,the copyright 2007,,me of all ppl..i was mad @ myself 4 not keeping up or missing this one ..I'm a Pistone fan & pride myself on my knowledge of early bonanno yrs. Thought it was not bad, even though it rehashed some stories everyone knows,but liked the little inside stories(like when he had 2 meet Lefty @ 12:00 midnite in a deserted bar) & the topics on working w/ Johnny Depp & Al Pacino.. anybody get 2 this piece of material?? any thoughts???

I read that part, the part where he had to meet Lefty in a bar to explain himself, and there was maybe another guy guarding the door so he couldn't run. That was awful. You think about pictures of Lefty, how he looked like an android with unblinking eyes. In a situation like that, Lefty must have been terrifying. Joe Pistone really risked everything to do his job.

"For us, rubbin'out a Mustache was just like makin' way for a new building, like we was in the construction business."
Re: Mafia Books [Re: Alfa Romeo] #901859
12/15/16 05:38 PM
12/15/16 05:38 PM
n.e.philly
hoodlum Offline
Underboss
hoodlum  Offline
Underboss
n.e.philly
he def was an odd looking dude,scary 2 say the least.

Re: Mafia Books [Re: Turi Giuliano] #901861
12/15/16 06:02 PM
12/15/16 06:02 PM
NJ
F
FrankMazola Offline
Underboss
FrankMazola  Offline
F
Underboss
NJ
If DeMeo did that he's just as stupid as he is fucking gross. 1970's... Hello AIDS much?!?!?! Let me wash down...

"Yum lemme wash down this slice of Lenny's Pizza with a big gulp'a Chris Rosenberg's AIDS blood! So good I can just feel my immune system suckin it up makes the crust all soggy." Jesus. Now THAT woulda been some nice Greg Scarpa style karma for Roy.

Last edited by FrankMazola; 12/15/16 06:03 PM.

F. Mazola, Esq.
Re: Mafia Books [Re: FrankMazola] #902025
12/17/16 11:04 AM
12/17/16 11:04 AM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

Originally Posted By: FrankMazola
If DeMeo did that he's just as stupid as he is fucking gross. 1970's... Hello AIDS much?!?!?! Let me wash down...

"Yum lemme wash down this slice of Lenny's Pizza with a big gulp'a Chris Rosenberg's AIDS blood! So good I can just feel my immune system suckin it up makes the crust all soggy." Jesus. Now THAT woulda been some nice Greg Scarpa style karma for Roy.

I thought the AIDS panic started in the 80's?

Re: Mafia Books [Re: Moe_Tilden] #902161
12/18/16 10:28 PM
12/18/16 10:28 PM
far, northwest
Binnie_Coll Offline
Underboss
Binnie_Coll  Offline
Underboss
far, northwest
Originally Posted By: FrankMazola

I thought the AIDS panic started in the 80's?

moe, aids epidemic started in 1979, by the Haitian boat people who came here during the carter administration. check it out.

" watch what you say around this guy, he's got a big mouth" sam giancana to an outfit soldier about frank Sinatra. [ from the book "my way"
Re: Mafia Books [Re: Turi Giuliano] #902404
12/21/16 08:39 AM
12/21/16 08:39 AM
R
Rhonda Offline
Associate
Rhonda  Offline
R
Associate
Anyone have a baby picture of Luciano?

Re: Mafia Books [Re: Turi Giuliano] #902449
12/21/16 07:43 PM
12/21/16 07:43 PM
M
MightyDR Offline
Underboss
MightyDR  Offline
M
Underboss
The Silent Don: The Criminal Underworld of Santo Trafficante Jr. by Scott M. Deitche. Thoroughly researched and informative book about the Tampa mob boss. I already knew about the CIA and JFK stuff, so I was pleased that there was plenty of info about Trafficante before and after those events. He definitely had an amazing life.

Re: Mafia Books [Re: MightyDR] #902452
12/21/16 08:14 PM
12/21/16 08:14 PM
n.e.philly
hoodlum Offline
Underboss
hoodlum  Offline
Underboss
n.e.philly
One of my favorite reads was his lawyer's book even though the topic about them(santo & carlos m.) involved in & admitting the j.f.k. thing met some skepticism..not from me though.

Re: Mafia Books [Re: Moe_Tilden] #902867
12/27/16 11:21 AM
12/27/16 11:21 AM
S
SinatraClub Offline
Underboss
SinatraClub  Offline
S
Underboss

That doesn't disprove what you highlighted in bold either.

Joe Coffey who led the OCTF said Roy De Meo drank blood.

He knows more than you do.

Hard as it is to believe.

Joe Coffey is a known embellisher of stories , so it doesnt matter what crime force he led, Moe. And I do research on some of these things after I hear them , as do others , which is why its perfectly fine to question Joe Coffey , as others have done also . But eat up his words if you want .

Re: Mafia Books [Re: Turi Giuliano] #902879
12/27/16 03:29 PM
12/27/16 03:29 PM
U
UncleVig Offline
Button
UncleVig  Offline
U
Button
I just finished the book by Al D Arco, I thought it was very good, I like Jerry Capeci he is a very readable author. Al D Arco seemed to be a pretty straight shooter as well as intelligent. He was used by Casso and Amuso and those two guys were paranoid along with just being sheer greedy. They wanted to wack everyone and they made up reasons but the real reason for many of their murders was to take the spoils from the victims wether it be a loanshark book, business legal, illegal.
I dont picture Al D arco as a loudmouth, bully type of gangster. I know for fact he did sanitize a little of his history especially when it came to Babania. Al may have been in the Babania biz a little deeper than he let on , in the book he kind of makes it seem like he attempted 2 deals that had bad product but the 3rd deal was with a guy who had inadvertently got hooked up with a UC DEA agent. Funny thing is the guy that got Al involved with the babania conspiracy case also got a whole bunch of other guys pinched from the Genovese and Gambino familys. Frank Solimene was the guys name and he was always listed as a fugitive from the indictment truth be known if it could be proven Frank Solimene was more than likely in a shallow grave somewhere when the indictments came out.
The interesting part of Al D Arcos book though is that he was born in 1932 so he was able to meet the OG players and here their stories, he passsed them on to us and for that I thank him.
I dont blame him for flipping, he played by the rules and he was going to get murdered for it, I dont care how tough anyone is more than likely they would have done the same.

Re: Mafia Books [Re: Turi Giuliano] #902936
12/28/16 12:02 PM
12/28/16 12:02 PM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

Quote:
Joe Coffey is a known embellisher of stories , so it doesnt matter what crime force he led, Moe. And I do research on some of these things after I hear them , as do others , which is why its perfectly fine to question Joe Coffey , as others have done also . But eat up his words if you want.

If you take the word of people who lie, cheat and steal for a living over a respected detective then you are quite simply a moron.

Re: Mafia Books [Re: Turi Giuliano] #903174
12/30/16 11:29 AM
12/30/16 11:29 AM
S
SinatraClub Offline
Underboss
SinatraClub  Offline
S
Underboss
It isnt taking anyones word for it, its simply not believing a story and scenario when that story and scenario doesnt add up with known events.

Re: Mafia Books [Re: Turi Giuliano] #903322
01/01/17 11:44 AM
01/01/17 11:44 AM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

I can't understand the backlash towards guys like Coffey and Pistone TBH.

It reminds me of the amateur sleuths who try to solve cold cases like the Zodiac murders online, thinking they know more than the detectives that actually worked the cases.

Re: Mafia Books [Re: Turi Giuliano] #903413
01/02/17 08:48 AM
01/02/17 08:48 AM
S
SinatraClub Offline
Underboss
SinatraClub  Offline
S
Underboss
Because they say bullshit and come up with the silliest , most bullshit stories of their lives of crime fighting. Like Joe Pistone and the myth that he was so close to being made. How, Sway, How? Considering literally everyone outside of the Sonny Black crew suspected him of being an UC? You think Galante or Rastelli wouldve held a making ceremony for him? Especially Rastelli, with Massino having his ear and all, and Massino being among those who knew he wasnt right. Balistreri cut contact with Lefty, Sonny Black, and that entire regime because he suspected Pistone of being a rat. People like him, tend to overstate their importance within that world. Also shows you the type of brokesters Sonny Black and his guys were, they were desperate for a money maker, that they were willing to look past the obvious, like his silly, unrealistic, non-Italian name of Donnie Brasco, just to make some bucks and enhance that crews little sphere of influence.

Last edited by SinatraClub; 01/02/17 08:52 AM.
Re: Mafia Books [Re: Turi Giuliano] #903416
01/02/17 09:39 AM
01/02/17 09:39 AM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

Are you honestly trying to say you know more than Joseph Pistone and Joe Coffey? lol

Guys who have been around these mobsters.

As opposed to someone who has probably never left his mother's basement, like you.

Give us a break.

I read mob books too, Sinatra, but I don't claim to know more than I do.

Re: Mafia Books [Re: Moe_Tilden] #903433
01/02/17 10:56 AM
01/02/17 10:56 AM
C
Ciment Offline
Ciment  Offline
C

Are you honestly trying to say you know more than Joseph Pistone and Joe Coffey? lol

Guys who have been around these mobsters.

As opposed to someone who has probably never left his mother's basement, like you.

Give us a break.

I read mob books too, Sinatra, but I don't claim to know more than I do.

I agree Moe, he thinks he knows everything.

Re: Mafia Books [Re: Turi Giuliano] #903435
01/02/17 11:02 AM
01/02/17 11:02 AM
S
SinatraClub Offline
Underboss
SinatraClub  Offline
S
Underboss
Lol Ciment, give it a break man. You simply cant let bygones be bygones can you?

Pistone states in his own book that Balistreri cut contact with him and Lefty and that he suspected Balistreri was on to him. More than one source states Massino didnt trust him either.

Re: Mafia Books [Re: Turi Giuliano] #903438
01/02/17 11:06 AM
01/02/17 11:06 AM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

rolleyes

Re: Mafia Books [Re: Turi Giuliano] #903440
01/02/17 11:08 AM
01/02/17 11:08 AM
S
SinatraClub Offline
Underboss
SinatraClub  Offline
S
Underboss
And the guy with way too much time on his hands, is from Ireland so he believes every single fed claim and news article on these subjects and a higher post count (not that that matters, its just ironic), accuses someone of never leaving a parents basement. lol

Re: Mafia Books [Re: Turi Giuliano] #903442
01/02/17 11:10 AM
01/02/17 11:10 AM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

rolleyes

Re: Mafia Books [Re: Rhonda] #904976
01/19/17 08:30 AM
01/19/17 08:30 AM
DE NIRO Offline
DE NIRO  Offline

Originally Posted By: Rhonda
Anyone have a baby picture of Luciano?

I doubt it very much, ive never even seen a picture of Lucky as a teenager.

The Mafia Is Not Primarily An Organisation Of Murderers.
First And Foremost,The Mafia Is Made Up Of Thieves.
It Is Driven By Greed And Controlled By Fear.

Between The Law And The Mafia, The Law Is Not The Most To Be Feared

"What if the Mafia were not an organization but a widespread Sicilian attitude of hostility towards the law?"

"Make Love Not War" John Lennon
Re: Mafia Books [Re: Turi Giuliano] #905308
01/23/17 02:05 PM
01/23/17 02:05 PM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

Just walked into barnes theres a new book called scores by the guy who ran the strip club n was a fbi informant. Wasnf this guy a child perv. I skim threw it didnt even know this was coming out could be good rite?

Page 64 of 80 1 2 62 63 64 65 66 79 80

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull