GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Toodoped), 221 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,445
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,848
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,509
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,309
Posts1,058,386
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 17 of 155 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 154 155
Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: antimafia] #897712
11/05/16 07:23 AM
11/05/16 07:23 AM
Chicago
C
CabriniGreen Offline
Underboss
CabriniGreen  Offline
C
Underboss
Chicago
@ Hollander

You are right, Costa Nostra in Sicily, Milan and Rome. Camorra is dominant IN Naples, maybe parts of Eastern Europe like the Chech Republic?( I say this because Saviano said the Licciardis monopolized criminal activity in the Chech Republic..) And Spain I think, I think the Camorra is very deep in Spain. They also control the INTERNAL narcotics markets in Italy I think. And they don't seem to travel abroad AT ALL...

But the Calabrians are EVERYWHERE, INCLUDING NEW YORK now. Australia, Ontario and now probably Montreal. Germany, maybe France? I'm assuming they supply the United Kingdom, although there was a Camorra clan that was HUUUUGE in Scotland the LaTorres. Basically the rest of Europe is theirs....

Last edited by CabriniGreen; 11/05/16 07:26 AM.
Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: antimafia] #897716
11/05/16 09:01 AM
11/05/16 09:01 AM
Canada
E
eurodave Offline
Capo
eurodave  Offline
E
Capo
Canada
The Camorra doesn't have to emigrate like the Calabrians do nor do they need to. It's all about geography and culture.

Naples as a city is rather big and it's surrounding areas are densely populated therefore the napolitani have a huge retail market to work with.

Calabria is the opposite mainly composed of smaller towns in the country side. The strongest most powerful families come from villages with no more than 5000 people. Calabrias largest city has maybe 300000k people. Compare that to Naples or even Palermo.

The calabrians emigrated and exported their crime syndicate with it. They have blood relatives in Canada Australia Germany Argentina and USA. The reason you hear less of them is that culturally speaking they are less flamboyant than either Sicilians and napolitani. They fly under the radar and would rather not be known....which by product makes their syndicate less interesting for tabloids as opposed to some camorra war or don Corleone war here in Montreal.

The truth is that everyone in italy now fears and respects the ndrangheta...when they talk others follow. Here's a video of how Cosa nostra in its hey day paid off ndrangheta just to avoid them.

https://youtu.be/LdzAsfw0_eA

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: eurodave] #897717
11/05/16 09:27 AM
11/05/16 09:27 AM
H
Hollander Offline
Hollander  Offline
H

The Calabrians are also working often with local criminal groups for example in the ports of Antwerp and Rotterdam.

"The king is dead, long live the king!"
Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: antimafia] #897763
11/06/16 12:22 AM
11/06/16 12:22 AM
Chicago
C
CabriniGreen Offline
Underboss
CabriniGreen  Offline
C
Underboss
Chicago
@eurodave

I'm right there with you. You can look at my post history, I've pretty much said the same things. Naples is URBAN, the Calabrians and Sicilians are RURAL.
I've posted on how the rural mafias have to move around the world because their surroundings simply don't have enough INDUSTRY to siphon wealth from. It was part of a long drawn out post about the difference between " Power syndicates" and "Enterprise Syndicates".

The Naples clans control the INTERNAL markets in Italy, they are in the streets. It's why I don't necessarily agree that they are " Less" organized, like you say, the culture and criminal methodology is a little different.

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: CabriniGreen] #897791
11/06/16 09:44 AM
11/06/16 09:44 AM
Canada
E
eurodave Offline
Capo
eurodave  Offline
E
Capo
Canada
100% agree....Naples and to a lesser extent Cosa Nostra is highly concentrated in their geographical area although the Sicilians have always had a hard time managing urban mafia clans vs more rural clans.

The Sicilians and camorra are also very present in central and n9rthern italy and it seemseems from Italian police investigations that the three syndicates divide territory accordingly therefore rarely if ever going to war. To be honest the Canadian situation seems to be more unique where the rivalry seems more plausible.

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: antimafia] #897794
11/06/16 12:56 PM
11/06/16 12:56 PM
H
Hollander Offline
Hollander  Offline
H

Not related to Montreal, but it's interesting that in Australia they used a calabrian hitman in the murder of gangland lawyer Joe Acquaro on March 15. The Italian man flew back to his homeland in the days after the murder and was detained at an airport for questioning before being released.

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: CabriniGreen] #897795
11/06/16 01:37 PM
11/06/16 01:37 PM
BillyBrizzi Offline
Underboss
BillyBrizzi  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: CabriniGreen
@eurodave

I'm right there with you. You can look at my post history, I've pretty much said the same things. Naples is URBAN, the Calabrians and Sicilians are RURAL.
I've posted on how the rural mafias have to move around the world because their surroundings simply don't have enough INDUSTRY to siphon wealth from. It was part of a long drawn out post about the difference between " Power syndicates" and "Enterprise Syndicates".

The Naples clans control the INTERNAL markets in Italy, they are in the streets. It's why I don't necessarily agree that they are " Less" organized, like you say, the culture and criminal methodology is a little different.

You're a fuckin criminologist CC, for real..

FORTIS FORTUNA IUVAT
Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: CabriniGreen] #897818
11/06/16 05:27 PM
11/06/16 05:27 PM
A
antimafia Offline OP
Underboss
antimafia  Offline OP
A
Underboss
@ eurodave

I do remember that bust, the 5000 plus kilo one right? It's what really caught my eye as far as the Italians and the worldwide narcotic routes. That was in like 94, by the 2000s, the Mexicans were the only ones capable of such loads to the US.

And then I'm reading about the Calabrian dominance in Europe. Then I read about how they are dominant in Toronto. Then you read about the demise of Sicily. The Rizzutos being kinda cut off from NY, to me, it looked like they really only controlled Montreal. And that was based on a dominance in the Narcotics routes. So to me the writing was on the wall, that they sooner or later were going to be eclipsed by the Calabrians.

But a lot of guys STILL believe their strenghth was based on the number of Made guys or whatever. I say follow the connects and routes, see who's at the end of them. It leads to the power....

In my opinion, you should look at several factors:

* the relative size of the Montreal Mafia in Quebec and the Greater Toronto Area Siderno Group in Ontario;

* how many people involved or associated with those criminal organizations engage in drug importation and trafficking (regardless of whether these individuals are inducted members or not);

* whether criminals in Quebec (Italian and otherwise) had already been buying cocaine from the GTA Siderno Group during the ongoing Montreal mob war;

* whether criminals in Quebec (Italian and otherwise) would still be able to get their coke through other suppliers even if the Siderno Group were to develop a stranglehold on the supply of cocaine through the Port of Montreal;

* control of drug importation at the Port of Montreal, i.e., corruption of stevedores and checkers;

* the level of importation of cocaine at other Canadian maritime ports (Halifax, Vancouver, Saint John, St. John's, Windsor);

* the distribution of cocaine in the aforementioned provinces (as well as provinces west of Ontario and east of Quebec);

* the current flow of narcotics;

* the current drug routes; and

* the intended remapping of the flow and routes.

The last bullet point is particularly important, as the posters arguing in this thread that the takeover of the Montreal underworld by the 'ndrangheta (read: Siderno Group) is a fait accompli are convinced that the Siderno Group will soon be flooding New York City with cocaine. How? By importing the cocaine through the Port of Montreal and then smuggling it over the Canadian border over land and into New York State.

For many years now, there has been no evidence that major or minor shipments of coke are being smuggled into the US from Canada.

Most cocaine being smuggled into Canada (the destination country) passes through the United States (transit country). The cocaine has been primarily getting into Canada over land through border points via vehicles (mostly commercial). The cocaine has also been getting through Canadian maritime ports and, to a lesser extent, through airports and parcel (for example, through the Léo-Blanchette mail processing centre, which is located in Saint-Laurent, Quebec).

The provenance of the cocaine entering Canada is known in general terms--we know the source countries are typically Colombia, Peru, and Bolivia (but not just those countries); we know that before the coke destined for Canada goes through the US, other transit countries may include Jamaica, Haiti, the Dominican Republic, or others. We also know that insofar as the cocaine entering Canada bypasses the continental US, the route is usually Mexico, up the Pacific Ocean, and into British Columbia.

When articles were written about Carmine Verduci right after his murder, we were privileged to learn in Peter Edwards's story that the route for the cocaine he was smuggling into Canada was Mexico–British Columbia–Ontario. I write "privileged" because that level of detail is hardly ever publicly available, as it is used as police intelligence. Posters on these forums, like me, can rely on newspaper articles, government-issued organized-crime backgrounders, and anti-drug institutional reports all we want; however, there are limitations to using such information. For example, you can read about cocaine smuggling routes, but the reports will only list source and destination countries. So whenever there has been a drug seizure involving cocaine in the last few years in Quebec and Ontario--not to mention in other Canadian provinces--you will read in the newspapers a list of criminals or groups charged but you won't ever find out where the cocaine came from and all the other places the cocaine travelled en route before arriving in the hands of the people charged.

There is so much more that I can write about each of the bullet points I listed farther above, but that's a lot of work. So I will just mention for now that I think we should keep a particular eye on the interaction between the Hells Angels in Ontario and those in Quebec. The fairly recent mass release of all the Hells Angels in Quebec who were originally charged in Project SharQc may have ramifications down the road if there haven't been some consequences already. Some Hells Angels chapters in both provinces have influence and control over particular Hells chapters and puppet clubs in Newfoundland, Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, and Prince Edward Island. Those of you who have read last year's Business or Blood know that the largest funeral wreath seen at Vito Rizzuto's funeral services came from the Ontario Hells; however, the landscape may have changed since the aforementioned release of all those Hells in Quebec. Similarly, although Salvatore Cazzetta seems to have been allied with the Montreal Mafia leadership after Rizzuto's death, he is now in jail--while Cazzetta is the face of the Hells in Quebec and is an influential crime figure, he may be impotent to stop any important developments he may not like within the organization.

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: antimafia] #897858
11/07/16 06:28 AM
11/07/16 06:28 AM
Chicago
C
CabriniGreen Offline
Underboss
CabriniGreen  Offline
C
Underboss
Chicago
@ Billybrizzi

Thanks man, I appreciate it lol..

@antimafia

Preach!!! Great post my man, +100

My head hurt when I read some past post in another thread about the Queens NY Calabrian bust. Everyone ( and this included respected guys on here like Pizzaboy and Ivy) they all assumed they were just some mutts pushing blow in the streets of NY. When it was like you pointed out, they were using NY as a TRANSIT POINT to ship it to Europe. (I think I pointed out before,the main route went through the Panama Canal, never even went over land..) It's interesting that coke TO Canada, goes THROUGH the US OVER land.....

I know what you mean about trying to explain it in a couple post. It's like so much information, I think I irritate people with the size of some of my post, yet I always feel like Im only scratching the surface of what I REALLY want to say lol....

Those are some great bullet points, I can't disagree with any of it.
That point you made of no Italiangroups smuggling coke into the US. You wouldn't believe the argument I had trying to explain this to Alfa. I couldn't get him to understand that coke in the US in the 80s meant Medillin cartel, 90s Cali Cartel, and 2000s and beyond, Mexican-cartels.

I like how you point out, coke through the port of Montreal doesn't even make sense if you look at a map. Another reason I was looking hard at the Rizzutos like, How are they maintaining?

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: antimafia] #897861
11/07/16 10:10 AM
11/07/16 10:10 AM
Canada
E
eurodave Offline
Capo
eurodave  Offline
E
Capo
Canada
@antimafia great post as usual

Now I would like to know what you think of the following:

I personally don't think the Siderno boys are directly implicated in the Montreal situation, physically speaking of course.

That being said, considering the number of visits that local Montreal players have made in the GTA to members of the Siderno group and others, what's your take on that?

I ask because partnerships, drug routes, kickbacks and so forth are and have always been flexible and not static. Friends today can be enemies tomorrow, money and reliability triumph ethnicity in Canada.

Why and for what reason are members of the Montreal mafia visiting the GTA? Clearly it's not for the cannolis or coffee...Montreal has that covered.

Montagna, Piccirilli, De Vito, Mirarchi and co..

Last edited by eurodave; 11/07/16 10:13 AM.
Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: CabriniGreen] #897863
11/07/16 11:48 AM
11/07/16 11:48 AM
Alfa Romeo Offline
Underboss
Alfa Romeo  Offline
Underboss
Quote:
You wouldn't believe the argument I had trying to explain this to Alfa. I couldn't get him to understand that coke in the US in the 80s meant Medillin cartel, 90s Cali Cartel, and 2000s and beyond, Mexican-cartels.

lollollol

Cabrini, you guys are more knowledgeable in this area than myself. My point in our original debate was that the Rizzuto group was receiving dope or whatever, into Canada, on behalf of the Bonannos. It really matters not whether the contraband was sent downwards into the States, or sold retail in Canada. My point was that there was very likely a Caruana/C[untrera-Rizzuto-Bonanno axis, with the Rizzutos receiving financing from the Bonannos to function as intermediaries. Could I be wrong? Of course. But I don't believe I am.

Edit: I think it might be time to differentiate between smack (heroin) and coke. This because the coke might have been travelling upwards, but the heroin might have been travelling down [into the United States], simultaneously. Someone somewhere might have even said that one type of narcotic was used to trade for the other, as a means of payment. No money changing hands, imagine that. Opinions?

"For us, rubbin'out a Mustache was just like makin' way for a new building, like we was in the construction business."
Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: eurodave] #897880
11/07/16 05:53 PM
11/07/16 05:53 PM
C
Ciment Offline
Ciment  Offline
C

Originally Posted By: eurodave
@antimafia great post as usual

Now I would like to know what you think of the following:

I personally don't think the Siderno boys are directly implicated in the Montreal situation, physically speaking of course.

That being said, considering the number of visits that local Montreal players have made in the GTA to members of the Siderno group and others, what's your take on that?

I ask because partnerships, drug routes, kickbacks and so forth are and have always been flexible and not static. Friends today can be enemies tomorrow, money and reliability triumph ethnicity in Canada.

Why and for what reason are members of the Montreal mafia visiting the GTA? Clearly it's not for the cannolis or coffee...Montreal has that covered.

Montagna, Piccirilli, De Vito, Mirarchi and co..

The book Business or Blood makes at least a dozen references about meetings between Montreal mafia members(rival to Rizzuto) having meetings with the GTA and Hamilton Ndrangheta members.
There was another mention that struck my interest,quote:
"Vito had never really liked members of the Commisso Ndrangheta family. How things stood with Carmelo Bruzzese wasn't so clear.They had once been friendly, but Bruzzese's son-in-law was Antonio Coluccio,and Coluccios seemed central to the Ndrangheta to push into Montreal."
This illustrates the Ndrangheta interest in Montreal,let alone several Montreal journalist supporting that idea.

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: Alfa Romeo] #897893
11/07/16 08:42 PM
11/07/16 08:42 PM
H
Hollander Offline
Hollander  Offline
H

Originally Posted By: Alfa Romeo

Edit: I think it might be time to differentiate between smack (heroin) and coke. This because the coke might have been travelling upwards, but the heroin might have been travelling down [into the United States], simultaneously. Someone somewhere might have even said that one type of narcotic was used to trade for the other, as a means of payment. No money changing hands, imagine that. Opinions?

Yes, one of the first who did that for the Sicilian Mafia and the 'Ndrangheta was early cocaine broker Roberto "The Baby" Pannunzi.

Last edited by Hollander; 11/07/16 09:20 PM.

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: antimafia] #897914
11/08/16 07:55 AM
11/08/16 07:55 AM
C
Ciment Offline
Ciment  Offline
C

http://www.lapresse.ca/actualites/justic...afia-arrete.php

DRUGS
A MAFIA CLAN LEADER ARRESTED
DANIEL RENAUD
LA PRESSE
One of the most influential clan leaders of the Montreal Mafia at present according to police, Andrea Scoppa, aka Andrew, was recently arrested in connection with a seizure of one hundred kilos of cocaine, has told La Presse .

Scoppa, 52, was reportedly arrested with other individuals two weeks ago, questioned and then released.

"On October 26, investigators from the Joint Regional Squad North Shore have conducted searches in Montreal. But since it is under investigation, we will not give further information to not harm the investigation "simply explained Sergeant Claude Denis of the Sûreté du Québec.

Reportedly, two searches have taken place October 26 - one in the Canadian condo tower on Peel Street, and the other in an apartment building of 13 th Avenue in the Saint-Michel district, in the northeast of Montreal. No further details filtered yet. Assuming that the market value of the cocaine is currently $ 60,000 per kilogram, the total value of the seizure would amount to more than 6 million.

A GHOST
In September 2004, Andrea Scoppa was sentenced to six years in prison for a case of conspiracy and cocaine trafficking that would have passed through the United States. He and his accomplices had been compromised by a double agent. Scoppa had regained his freedom pending further proceedings after having made a deposit of $ 150,000 certified check. Apart from this case, it has little criminal history.

Yet Andrew Scoppa is considered by the police as an influential player in the Montreal Mafia has very close contact with bikers, former bikers, mobsters and other individuals linked to organized crime, Greek, Lebanese and Arabic.

The police still consider him being involved in heroin trafficking, even if he has already told the people around him to never touch this drug. His influence on territories would be Parc-Extension, Mile End, Little Italy and Lachine, Montreal. He would also be very present in Laval.

Historically, Andrew Scoppa has always been quite independent of the other clans of the Mafia. He did not take part in the struggle for influence that thrashed the Rizzuto clan during the years 2009-2010 and would have rallied with the godfather Vito Rizzuto upon his return to Montreal in the fall of 2012. However, it appeared that Scoppa was not on very good terms with those who succeeded Vito after the natural death of the latter in December 2013.

On 3 October 2015, one of his trusted men was the victim of a murder attempt,it passed came under the media radar. While the victim was about to enter the underground parking lot of a tower of condos of Dollard-des-Ormeaux area, his vehicle was riddled with five bullets fired by a suspect armed with a nine millimeter pistol with a quiet.

During the great Colosseum investigation by the Royal Canadian Mounted Police on the Montreal mafia between 2001 and 2006, Andrea Scoppa has been at the heart of a territory dispute with the Hells Angels Yves "Led" Leduc, who would have even wanted to eliminate its rival before the deceased mafia Moreno Gallo settles the dispute.

Andrea Scoppa is the brother of Salvatore Scoppa, an individual who has taken a place in recent years in the Montreal Mafia, notably in Rivière-des-Prairies, scene of many violent in recent years.

Last edited by Ciment; 11/08/16 02:11 PM.
Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: antimafia] #897917
11/08/16 09:20 AM
11/08/16 09:20 AM
Canada
E
eurodave Offline
Capo
eurodave  Offline
E
Capo
Canada
Thanks for the post.

The Scoppas are heavy indeed. This will be interesting.

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: antimafia] #897956
11/08/16 06:02 PM
11/08/16 06:02 PM
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss
Would be interesting if the Scoppas are behind the recent turmoil. Having been around for a long time and at age 52 it would be now or never. Usually 40s/50s is the age American mafiosi rise to prominence. I still think a more likely scenario is Arcadi with backing from Ontario. The Scoppas might definitely be part of the conspiracy though.

"It was between the brothers Kay -- I had nothing to do with it."
Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: Sonny_Black] #897957
11/08/16 06:21 PM
11/08/16 06:21 PM
C
Ciment Offline
Ciment  Offline
C

Originally Posted By: Sonny_Black
Would be interesting if the Scoppas are behind the recent turmoil. Having been around for a long time and at age 52 it would be now or never. Usually 40s/50s is the age American mafiosi rise to prominence. I still think a more likely scenario is Arcadi with backing from Ontario. The Scoppas might definitely be part of the conspiracy though.

Interesting scenario you propose with Arcadi but how will the Sicilian clan react to that ? They will feel betrayed.Looks like he maybe screwed either way he goes. It will be a tough decision to make.

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: Sonny_Black] #897961
11/08/16 07:03 PM
11/08/16 07:03 PM
C
Ciment Offline
Ciment  Offline
C

In the news article they mention that Oct.3, 2015 there was an attempted murder on one of Scoppa's men.

I looked at the timeline and four days prior on Sept. 29, 2015 there was a molotov cocktail at Leonardo Rizzuto's law office.
I wonder now, having read this article, if the attempted murder was a retaliation from the Rizzuto's.I know it is speculation but it's something to think about. Most of 2015 all was quiet,I thought they had finally reached a peace agreement but in September when Marco Campellone got shot all hell went loose and they have been warring again ever since then.

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: antimafia] #897966
11/08/16 08:41 PM
11/08/16 08:41 PM
Canada
E
eurodave Offline
Capo
eurodave  Offline
E
Capo
Canada
It has been relatively quiet since Spagnolo got clipped, no molotovs or attempts of any kind.

I wonder if theres some new leadership in place now

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: CabriniGreen] #898008
11/09/16 12:08 PM
11/09/16 12:08 PM
M
m2w Offline
Underboss
m2w  Offline
M
Underboss
You are right, Costa Nostra in Sicily, Milan and Rome. Camorra is dominant IN Naples, maybe parts of Eastern Europe like the Chech Republic?( I say this because Saviano said the Licciardis monopolized criminal activity in the Chech Republic..) And Spain I think, I think the Camorra is very deep in Spain. They also control the INTERNAL narcotics markets in Italy I think. And they don't seem to travel abroad AT ALL...

But the Calabrians are EVERYWHERE, INCLUDING NEW YORK now. Australia, Ontario and now probably Montreal. Germany, maybe France? I'm assuming they supply the United Kingdom, although there was a Camorra clan that was HUUUUGE in Scotland the LaTorres. Basically the rest of Europe is theirs....

sicilian mafia is active also in turin, bologna and genoa, in europe it has some cells in france, germany, spain and belgium
the ndrangheta is pretty much everywhere, i also read a recent article that states it is the strongest criminal group in switzerland

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: Ciment] #898009
11/09/16 12:09 PM
11/09/16 12:09 PM
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Ciment
Originally Posted By: Sonny_Black

Interesting scenario you propose with Arcadi but how will the Sicilian clan react to that ? They will feel betrayed.Looks like he maybe screwed either way he goes. It will be a tough decision to make.

It looks like he may have betrayed them years ago. Business or Blood states how he had met with some of Vito's rivals in Ontario without Vito's consent. Also, on the old RD forum there was a poster with apparant inside knowledge who said that Arcadi had fallen out of favor with the Sicilians because he had arranged his own coke deals.

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: eurodave] #898010
11/09/16 12:11 PM
11/09/16 12:11 PM
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss
It has been relatively quiet since Spagnolo got clipped, no molotovs or attempts of any kind.

I wonder if theres some new leadership in place now

I don't think it's over. In the summer months it was pretty quiet as well.

Then again, killings within the Montreal Mafia usually peak from the autumn through Christmas...

Last edited by Sonny_Black; 11/09/16 12:28 PM.

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: antimafia] #898044
11/09/16 06:43 PM
11/09/16 06:43 PM
Alabama
D
dixiemafia Offline
ROLL TIDE!!!!!
dixiemafia  Offline
ROLL TIDE!!!!!
D
Underboss
Alabama
Yep if we get through Christmas without any hits I would be very surprised.

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: antimafia] #898084
11/10/16 09:38 AM
11/10/16 09:38 AM
Canada
E
eurodave Offline
Capo
eurodave  Offline
E
Capo
Canada

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: eurodave] #898087
11/10/16 11:15 AM
11/10/16 11:15 AM
C
Ciment Offline
Ciment  Offline
C

Thus the saying"it ain't over until the fat lady sings". LOL

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: antimafia] #898089
11/10/16 11:39 AM
11/10/16 11:39 AM
Canada
E
eurodave Offline
Capo
eurodave  Offline
E
Capo
Canada
So we might expect a few more molotovs and maybe another big hit around christmas lol

Gallo, Rizzutos, Di Maulo all got murdered during this time of the year.

November-December seem to be crappy months for mafiosi.

Maybe it's year-end overview and financials lol

Last edited by eurodave; 11/10/16 11:48 AM.
Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: antimafia] #898090
11/10/16 12:15 PM
11/10/16 12:15 PM
C
Ciment Offline
Ciment  Offline
C

Your right, most of the big hits were during those two months. Montagna and Calocchia were also killed in the same months.
It must be on account of the extra Christmas bonus that the hitmen get.

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: eurodave] #898091
11/10/16 12:57 PM
11/10/16 12:57 PM
H
Hollander Offline
Hollander  Offline
H

So we might expect a few more molotovs and maybe another big hit around christmas lol

The end of the mild weather means a break from major construction, so they have more time for other stuff. wink

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: eurodave] #898094
11/10/16 02:03 PM
11/10/16 02:03 PM
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss

Not to mention Montagna. The biggest names were all clipped in November. It's the high season.

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: antimafia] #898101
11/10/16 03:22 PM
11/10/16 03:22 PM
Alabama
D
dixiemafia Offline
ROLL TIDE!!!!!
dixiemafia  Offline
ROLL TIDE!!!!!
D
Underboss
Alabama
Today is the anniversary of the Nick Sr./Di Maulo hits

Last edited by dixiemafia; 11/10/16 03:23 PM.
Page 17 of 155 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 154 155

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull