GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 353 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,452
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,858
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,509
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,313
Posts1,058,423
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Nicholas "Nicky O" Olivieri [Re: Serpiente] #896098
10/12/16 10:51 AM
10/12/16 10:51 AM
S
SinatraClub Offline
Underboss
SinatraClub  Offline
S
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Serpiente
Originally Posted By: DanteMoltisanti
Originally Posted By: Belmont
It was not his son.
The comedy club was in west orange for years until moving to montclair for a short period.

Belmont, so it was Nicky O? Is he still active? I know he's really close with Scoops and he's Big Lou Fazzini's father figure and mentor in the Newark crew....

Also while we're at it, I was just at the Belmont Tavern and saw the Beeps shrimp on the menu got me thinking about him- is he still active as well? Heard he was a millionaire, but then on the skins tapes Ligambi is making fun of him saying that Beeps is selling cakes out of his trunk lol, conflicting.

The Newark crew must be beyond busy right now with NFL and NCAA football betting.

Dante : I don't know how well off Beeps is now but back in late or mid 70's I would talk with him often .
He was a small fish in a big pond up north back then and made a move to AC while Nick sr . was on his rise .
He was given the go ahead to open a pool hall on Arctic Avenue between Georgia Avenue in Mississippi Avenue the building is still there , it was opposite Muck's pool hall and let me tell you Muck was Irish and flipped out when Nick gave him the go ahead to open , it almost cost him his life.

Anyway back then I would stop and talk to Beeps and shoot pool he was a no nonsense guy did not like joking around he wanted to make money ... but he did not get his wish ...just like uncle Joe even with Nick's backing the locals just shunned them away.

He would ware the same dark colored slacks with a T-shirt and suspenders and a button up shirt over top buttoned up halfway looked the same every time I seen him except for when he stepped out for a drink and some of our spots .

The guy I least expect to get friendly with Beeps was Chris S. he would go play pool there with a few of his crowd .
See Chris was new to AC he lived with his mom in Philly till high school then moved here full time even when he would just visit in summer him and his father were the same fucking guy and would fight like crazy .

Are you referring to Chris Scarfo?

Re: Nicholas "Nicky O" Olivieri [Re: PHL_Mob] #896121
10/12/16 09:39 PM
10/12/16 09:39 PM
Philly Burbs
mikeyballs211 Offline
acting associate
mikeyballs211  Offline
acting associate
Underboss
Philly Burbs
Originally Posted By: PHL_Mob
Wow! Didn't know that detention memo existed. Has anyone seen Joseph Grande around North Jersey? Anyone know if he's living in the Newark area? I'm surprised that he's not working with his nephew Dom Grande.

@Dante - Yeah there is one out there and if you haven't seen it/read it yet then you definitely should as it has a lot of very interesting pieces of inside info. Also, the part of the memo that I meant to include was actually the part where Scoops not only intervenes on behalf of Joey Grande (Joe Pung accused Grande of still being loyal to Scarfo and not Ligambi/Merlino new/current Admin) and backs it up by suggesting to Ligambi that he send Joe Grande up to North Jersey to work in Scoop's Neward crew so that Scoops and the North Jersey guys could keep an eye on him and make sure his allegiances were in the right place. Here is the whole Licata Detention Memo if you're interested:

During the meeting, LIGAMBI mentioned Johnny “Gonz” Casasanto and laughed. LICATA then stated: “At least we finally got to get him! Huh!” (More laughter) John Casasanto, a/k/a “Johnny Gonz,” a Philadelphia LCN Family associate, died from a gunshot wound to the back of his head in November 2003. (The second superseding indictment avers that LIGAMBI’s was the acting boss of the Philadelphia LCN Family at this time.) Casasanto’s killing remains an unsolved murder. However, LICATA’s statement acknowledges that the Philadelphia LCN Family endorses the use of violence.

During the meeting, LICATA bragged that he was incarcerated with a former boss (Junior Gotti?) of the Gambino LCN Family, and predicted to members of the Genovese and Lucchese LCN Families that he would become a rat. These statements confirm LICATA’s close relationships with members of other New York LCN families. These statements also demonstrate the contempt of LCN members for cooperating witnesses.

LICATA inquired about the current leadership of the New York Gambino LCN Family, and wondered what would become of JG and other members of the current triumvirate when the old leaders (JJC, NC, LDM) are released from prison. LICATA also elicited that PG is the real boss of the crime family, but will probably be incarcerated for a long time.

LICATA also inquired about the current leadership of the DeCavalcante LCN Family, which is also known as the “Elizabeth Crew.” LICATA discussed the recent demotion of specific members of the DeCavalcante LCN Family. LICATA noted the sons of a former DeCavalcante leader had been identified as the new power in the family, and expressed both astonishment and disdain about the new leadership. LICATA asked the CW to check with the Gambino administration to verify the new leadership of the DeCavalcante LCN Family because LICATA had business with the crime family.

LICATA also discussed by name a number of “caporegimes” and soldiers in the New York Genovese LCN Family, also referred to as “the Westside,” and noted that, among other things, the family controlled the Port of Newark.

LICATA told the group how VC is a “friend with us... and he’s with me,” indicting that VC is a made member of the Philadelphia LCN Family who reports to LICATA, his capo. The CW stated that he did a lot of stealing with VC including trailer loads of gold and diamonds. LICATA stated: “I’m the boss of making three cents with him.”

LICATA discussed how RL is an LCN associate in his crew, but will never become a made member because he was proposed by Peter Caprio, a former “caporegime” of the North Jersey crew who became a cooperating witness for the government. LICATA further discussed how RL went to LIGAMBI and LIGAMBI ignored him.

LICATA talked about the mob parties at the 311 Club, a Newark social club controlled by the North Jersey crew of the Philadelphia LCN Family. LICATA discussed how Philadelphia LCN Family members Caponigro, Joseph Ciancaglini, Sr. (capo), Frank “Faffy” Iannarella (capo), Tommy Del Giorno (capo), and Nicky “The Crow” Caramandi (soldier) frequently came up to the club. LICATA and LIGAMBI referred disparagingly to Del Giorno as a “fucking rat bastard.”

LICATA stated that, after Steven Mazzone (a member of the Philadelphia LCN Family convicted in
the Merlino RICO case), who LICATA identified as the “consigliere,” gets off of supervised release, more people will become fully initiated members of the Philadelphia LCN Family through “making” ceremonies. LICATA explained that Joseph Merlino is calling shots from prison by telling LIGAMBI to “make” certain people. According to LICATA, LIGAMBI will only “make” guys he knows well, and will let Merlino “make” the guys he wants when he comes home from prison. LICATA also stated that the leadership in Philadelphia has asked him if he wants to propose any new members. LICATA stated that, while he is not ready to do it now, he will propose new members in near future. LICATA stated to the CW that he had already proposed VM and JS previously to LIGAMBI and wants them to be “made” before proposing any new members. LICATA added that he will propose reliable guys who will earn money for him and not give him headaches. LICATA discussed how he does not want to face another criminal prosecution where his guys cooperate with law enforcement.

LICATA related that Joseph Pungitore tried to have Joseph Grande killed by conveying to LIGAMBI and STAINO that Grande remained loyal to Nicky Scarfo, Sr., and disloyal to LIGAMBI. LICATA stated that he intervened with LIGAMBI to save Grande. LICATA stated he admired Grande who returned to Philadelphia when he was released on parole, not knowing whether he would live or die.

LICATA stated that Joseph Sodano was killed because he was making $30,000 to $40,000 per week with gambling machines and other racketeering activity, but was conning the Philadelphia LCN Family hierarchy about his profits. LICATA stated that Sodano was called to report, but failed to appear, so he was killed. LICATA noted that this occurred while LICATA was in prison (December 1996), and said that it would never have happened if LICATA had been out at the time. LICATA would have persuaded Sodano to meet with the LCN hierarchy and give up whatever share of his profits they demanded.

[/quote]

PHL - awesome post buddy, thank you for taking the time to put this up.., such an interesting read, better than the last fuckin 50 gangland articles no question

In regards to Scoops talkin about Tony Bananas club and the members who frequented it.. i didnt know he was close to Chickie ? Was chickie ever linked to the Bruno hit bc i dont recall reading it... does anyone know of other made guys that used to frequent the 311 club like made guys from other fams that were friends w Tony Bananas?

"No, no, you aint alrite Spyder you got alotta fuckin problems"
Re: Nicholas "Nicky O" Olivieri [Re: gio4life] #896185
10/13/16 10:32 PM
10/13/16 10:32 PM
Ryan98366 Offline
BANNED
Ryan98366  Offline
BANNED
Made Member
Originally Posted By: gio4life
Big Lou is doing good.. He's laying low and living a regular life. I heard he is working with Nicky's step son in the recycling business and staying away from everyone. Both Nicky's sons are legit business guys and both good men. While they may not be totally legit they don't mix with anyone or get involved. They don't need to. Nicky raised them well. They can be seen at certain dinners but that's it. Big Lou is a throw back and probably has tired of going away for nothing and making no money. If hes smart he will stay away and enjoy his life.

Big Lou got made. Went to prison. And now comes out to do legit work? I'm kinda amazed at that but at the same time impressed. Some guys don't like prison. Maybe he's a new man??? smile

GangsterBB Snitches get stitches!
Re: Nicholas "Nicky O" Olivieri [Re: Ryan98366] #896429
10/17/16 08:37 AM
10/17/16 08:37 AM
G
gio4life Offline
Associate
gio4life  Offline
G
Associate
Maybe he has seen the light and realized that life is over.. He would be a smart man to go to work and make his pay check and go home... I think he would be a fool to try and keep going it would only be a matter of time before he gets a 20 year bid

Re: Nicholas "Nicky O" Olivieri [Re: DanteMoltisanti] #896524
10/18/16 08:32 AM
10/18/16 08:32 AM
B
BobbyPazzo Offline
Capo
BobbyPazzo  Offline
B
Capo
Originally Posted By: Belmont
It was not his son.
The comedy club was in west orange for years until moving to montclair for a short period.

Belmont, so it was Nicky O? Is he still active? I know he's really close with Scoops and he's Big Lou Fazzini's father figure and mentor in the Newark crew....

Also while we're at it, I was just at the Belmont Tavern and saw the Beeps shrimp on the menu got me thinking about him- is he still active as well? Heard he was a millionaire, but then on the skins tapes Ligambi is making fun of him saying that Beeps is selling cakes out of his trunk lol, conflicting.

The Newark crew must be beyond busy right now with NFL and NCAA football betting.

I was at the tavern on Saturday. Me and my wife went after the st Gerard's feast at st Lucy's. Had the beeps, savoy, Murphy with the hot pepps, but we started with the cavstelli with pot sauce. That place is the truth. Atmosphere only a jersey guy could appreciate. A lot of characters at the feast. No one I recognized because most of the guys I know are away but odds are someone we talk about here was there bring that's the old neighborhood.

Re: Nicholas "Nicky O" Olivieri [Re: DanteMoltisanti] #896536
10/18/16 11:09 AM
10/18/16 11:09 AM
The Jersey Shore
D
DanteMoltisanti Offline OP
Underboss
DanteMoltisanti  Offline OP
D
Underboss
The Jersey Shore
The Belmont Tavern is the BEST!! Jimmy behind the bar? He's a real riot, I used to go to the Tavern a lot, need to make my way back there!

Re: Nicholas "Nicky O" Olivieri [Re: DanteMoltisanti] #968745
04/05/19 09:14 PM
04/05/19 09:14 PM
The Jersey Shore
D
DanteMoltisanti Offline OP
Underboss
DanteMoltisanti  Offline OP
D
Underboss
The Jersey Shore
Nicky O is living down at the shore these days and selling pools. He also has a Facebook now “Nick Olivieri Sr”.

Re: Nicholas "Nicky O" Olivieri [Re: DanteMoltisanti] #968756
04/06/19 01:20 AM
04/06/19 01:20 AM
UK
S
streetbossliborio Offline
Underboss
streetbossliborio  Offline
S
Underboss
UK
Who is RL and did he ever get his button?!

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull