GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 86 guests, and 7 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,657
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,184
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,518
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,389
Posts1,059,898
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 72 of 73 1 2 70 71 72 73
Re: Crime & Justice [Re: pizzaboy] #832652
03/12/15 11:51 PM
03/12/15 11:51 PM
BAM_233 Offline
Underboss
BAM_233  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Originally Posted By: getthesenets
Originally Posted By: fergie
It's just sons and daughters rebelling against their parents, then leaving the home, finding kindred spirits normally at colleges but wherever else, agreeing they are right amongst themselves and fighting "the man"...it's nothing new ffs. Sometimes we're right, sometime we're wrong..

We posted at the same time, Fergie. Read my post just above yours.

Pizza and Ferg,
Don't know if you guys know who Keenen Wayans is ,but you like Mel Brooks,.....check this scene out....KW's take on what became of 70's era radicals from his classic film I.G.G.Y.S.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hvbr0tUmJR8

What, do I live in a cave? lol

I LOVE Keenan. And as silly as they are, I enjoy almost all of the Wayans brothers comedy. "My Wife and Kids" was a nice show. We watched it every week. Now, of course, some Black folks would look to find fault with that show like they did with Cosby, especially after hearing a White guy like me pay it a compliment. But I thoroughly enjoyed it.

I loved watching My Wife and Kids when it was still on ABC. I thought it was really good, and funny up till the last couple seasons though. In Living Color is on my list of tv shows that I need to watch, I only saw one clip that had Jim Carey in it.

Re: Crime & Justice [Re: olivant] #832739
03/13/15 12:39 PM
03/13/15 12:39 PM
getthesenets Offline
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline
Underboss
Bloomfield,NJ and Marcus Jeter

video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVaU8qm2LhQ

article about updated case

http://www.nj.com/essex/index.ssf/2015/03/bloomfield_cops_in_dash-cam_case_reject_plea_deal.html

NEWARK — Two Bloomfield police officers have rejected a plea deal and are scheduled to go on trial in July on official misconduct and related charges in connection with a 2012 arrest.

In a brief court appearance today with their attorneys, Officers Orlando Trinidad and Sean Courter indicated they have turned down a plea offer that would have required them to serve five years in state prison each.

Superior Court Judge Michael L. Ravin set the trial start date for July 13 and informed the officers about the maximum sentences they face if convicted of all charges - 28 years for Courter and 33 years for Trinidad.

Today's pre-trial conference marked the officers' last opportunity to accept the state's plea offer.

"They maintain their innocence," Courter's attorney, Charles Clark, said outside the courtroom after today's hearing. "They wanted their trial date. They were never going to accept a plea."

The charges against Trinidad, 34, of Bloomfield, and Courter, 34, of Englishtown, stem from the June 7, 2012, arrest of Marcus Jeter during a motor vehicle stop on the Garden State Parkway.

Courter and another officer, Albert Sutterlin, conducted the stop after they had responded to a domestic-related call at Jeter's township home. Trinidad later arrived at the scene and struck Jeter's car with his patrol vehicle.

During the incident, Courter has said he was trying to remove Jeter from the car when he felt Jeter reaching for his weapon, court papers say. But Jeter has claimed he had his hands in the air the entire time, said Essex County Assistant Prosecutor Betty Rodriguez, who is handling the case.

Dashboard video raises question of police action, prosecutor says
Two Bloomfield police officers have been indicted on conspiracy and misconduct charges after a dashboard video from a police cruiser raised doubts about the officers' account of an arrest they made, according to Essex County prosecutors.
After prosecutors reviewed a second police dashboard video, resisting arrest and other charges against Jeter were dropped, and Courter and Trinidad were indicted on charges of official misconduct, conspiracy, tampering with records, and false swearing. Trinidad, who hit Jeter during the incident, also is facing an aggravated assault charge.
That video is allegedly inconsistent with the officers' written reports on the arrest, prosecutors said.

Sutterlin, who retired in May 2013, pleaded guilty in October 2013 to tampering with records and is awaiting sentencing.

In a lawsuit filed by Jeter against the three officers and other defendants, Jeter claims the officers violently dragged him from his car and assaulted him. Jeter alleges the cops wrongfully arrested him and conspired to cover up the officers' misconduct in an act of "racial profiling."

In a separate lawsuit, Trinidad has been accused of assaulting another man following a 2013 arrest. That lawsuit claims Trinidad landed a "brutal punch" that Rodolfo Crespo's right ear was "practically ripped from his head."

Courter and Trinidad made a motion to dismiss their indictment, claiming the grand jury presentation was unfair, in part because grand jurors were repeatedly told the officers were liars. Clark also objected to how another officer provided narration for the grand jury about the dashboard video in question.

But in a Jan. 12 decision, Ravin rejected that motion, finding that grand jurors were able to view the video and "come to their own conclusions as to what the video showed and whether the video was consistent with Courter's and Trinidad's version of events."

Two officers had provided their opinions to the grand jury about the written reports being inconsistent with the videos, but Ravin found those officers' testimonies "did not impinge on the grand jury's independence."

"The grand jury was able to view videos one and four multiple times throughout the grand jury presentment and hear testimony from all of the actors involved in the case," Ravin wrote in his decision.

"In light of this thorough presentation of the evidence, Courter and Trinidad have not shown that a few stray remarks by two of the five witnesses caused the grand jury to arrive at a result that it would not otherwise have reached."
Bill Wicher

Re: Crime & Justice [Re: BAM_233] #832752
03/13/15 02:05 PM
03/13/15 02:05 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: BAM_233
I loved watching My Wife and Kids when it was still on ABC. I thought it was really good, and funny up till the last couple seasons though. In Living Color is on my list of tv shows that I need to watch, I only saw one clip that had Jim Carey in it.

Very funny show. Damon Wayans can make you laugh with just an eyebrow movement. And those kids?

Junior (dumb, but goodhearted, and impossibly funny), Claire (clumsy and always falling down), and Katie (adorable), not to mention next-door-neighbor Franklin (who may have honestly been the funniest and smartest child character in the history of television), were really one of the great ensemble casts of child actors.

Tisha Campbell-Martin got on my nerves at times (she has a habit of hamming it up and overplaying her part in everything, she even did it on "Martin"). But overall she was pretty good, too.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Crime & Justice [Re: pizzaboy] #832758
03/13/15 02:46 PM
03/13/15 02:46 PM
getthesenets Offline
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline
Underboss
Very funny show. Damon Wayans can make you laugh with just an eyebrow movement. And those kids?

Junior (dumb, but goodhearted, and impossibly funny), Claire (clumsy and always falling down), and Katie (adorable), not to mention next-door-neighbor Franklin (who may have honestly been the funniest and smartest child character in the history of television), were really one of the great ensemble casts of child actors.

Tisha Campbell-Martin got on my nerves at times (she has a habit of hamming it up and overplaying her part in everything, she even did it on "Martin"). But overall she was pretty good, too.

Damon and the Wayans used to roast the Cosby Show on skits on In Living Color, so it was funny seeing Damon basically doing a variation of the same show.

I thought Damon and Franklin had great comedic moments.Rest of the cast was mediocre. There's an episode featuring the late big man from E Street, Clarence Clemons, where Damon and Franklin are pulling off a piano playing hoax that was hilarious. It's an old comic sight gag but I couldn't stop laughing.The super religious character who dated Damon's daughter on the show was funny too.

What I found funny about the show was, they pulled a funny trick that's happened a few other times on Black sitcoms. They replaced a character with an actress who looks NOTHING like the original.The oldest daughter character.

They did it to Aunt Viv on the Fresh Prince, Lionel Jefferson on the Jeffersons, and the mother on Family Matters.

Re: Crime & Justice [Re: getthesenets] #832760
03/13/15 03:05 PM
03/13/15 03:05 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
^^^^ All good points. And yes, I especially remember Franklin popping out of Clemons' coat. No matter how many times I see that episode it makes me laugh.

Re the religious character (Tony): Here's a GREAT clip of Franklin slapping him around and telling him to man up lol.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Crime & Justice [Re: olivant] #832761
03/13/15 03:24 PM
03/13/15 03:24 PM
F
fergie Offline
Underboss
fergie  Offline
F
Underboss
Great stuff smile

Re: Crime & Justice [Re: pizzaboy] #832891
03/14/15 02:53 PM
03/14/15 02:53 PM
B
barry Offline
Made Member
barry  Offline
B
Made Member
MARTIN ... with out a doubt is the funniest black situation comedy show ever produced . classic episode with notorious B.I.G.

Re: Crime & Justice [Re: olivant] #833015
03/15/15 10:58 AM
03/15/15 10:58 AM
Texas
O
olivant Offline OP
olivant  Offline OP
O

Texas
A Ferguson police shooting suspect was arrested who claims he was shooting at a person (s) with whom he had a dispute.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: Crime & Justice [Re: olivant] #833155
03/16/15 12:48 PM
03/16/15 12:48 PM
TheKillingJoke Offline
Underboss
TheKillingJoke  Offline
Underboss
Don't know if this has been posted before, but New York real estate mogul Robert Durst accidently incriminated himself in 3 murder cases in the HBO documentary series "The Jynx".

(CNN)He admitted to shooting and dismembering his neighbor, but was acquitted of murder.

He was suspected in his first wife's disappearance, but no one could pin him to it.

And just before his friend was going to speak to investigators, she was killed.

Millionaire real estate heir Robert Durst's life is so bizarre that HBO made a documentary series about it called "The Jinx." But over the weekend, there were two major turns of events that could end Durst's freedom: his arrest in New Orleans in a 2000 killing, and the broadcast of his restroom mutterings that were picked up on his live microphone.

"What the hell did I do?" Durst says from a bathroom at the end of the documentary. "Killed them all, of course."

His attorney says not to read too much into those comments. But more on that later.

To understand the complexities of Durst's life -- and the deaths linked to it -- we have to start at the beginning:

His wife's disappearance
What we know: Durst amassed his fortune from his family's real estate business, the Durst Organization, which owns a number of high-profile buildings in Manhattan.

His first wife, Kathie McCormack, was on her way to medical school in New York when she vanished in 1982.

"I put her on the train in Westchester to go into the city that evening. That was the last time I ever saw her," Durst testified in a separate case over a decade later.

McCormack had told her close relatives and friends that her husband had begun to abuse her physically. Sworn affidavits by her sister, an attorney and a family friend said that McCormack had told them that she was physically assaulted by Durst during their marriage.

Despite a cloud of suspicion over the years, Durst has never been arrested in the disappearance.

What we don't know: What actually happened to Kathleen Durst. The New York Times said she has been declared legally dead.

His friend's shooting death
What we know: Crime writer Susan Berman was a longtime friend of Durst's. In 2000, when investigators reopened the 1982 disappearance case of Durst's first wife, they made plans to visit Berman in Los Angeles.

"She was a confidante of Robert Durst. She knew him well," CNN's Jean Casarez said. "And it was just days before investigators were to fly out to California to talk with her about what she may have known about the disappearance of Kathleen Durst that she was shot execution-style in her living room."

Fast forward 15 years, to this past weekend: Durst's arrest was in connection with Berman's death. (See below.)

What we don't know: We don't know whether Durst was the person who sent an anonymous letter to police telling them there was a body in Berman's home.

A police handwriting analysis said the writing on that card looked like Durst's, author Miles Corwin told CNN in 2004.

But in "The Jinx," Berman's stepson reveals a letter from Durst he found among her possessions.

"You look at the letter, and the handwriting is astonishingly similar," said Michael Daly, a special correspondent for The Daily Beast.

Susan Criss, a former Texas District Court judge, presided over a murder trial in Galveston in which Durst was the defendant. She told CNN that producers of "The Jinx" gave all the evidence they uncovered to police.

"They turned over the handwriting sample a couple years ago, at least two or three years ago," she told CNN. "They told me when they did it. The police had it. The police didn't just learn this when they watched television. They've had that."

His neighbor's dismemberment
What we know: In 2001 -- almost two decades after his wife's disappearance and a year after Berman's killing -- millionaire Durst moved into a $300-a-month apartment in the coastal Texas city of Galveston.

Durst testified that he hid out in Galveston and posed as a mute woman because he was afraid as he faced increasing scrutiny, Court TV reported at the time.

He got into a scuffle with his neighbor, Morris Black, and admitted to shooting and killing him.

Prosecutors said Durst planned Black's killing to steal his identity. Defense attorneys said Black sneaked into Durst's apartment, and Durst accidentally shot him as both men struggled for a gun.

Durst testified he panicked and decided to cut up Black's body and throw away the pieces.

"I could understand Durst's panic," juror Joanne Gongora said after Durst's acquittal in 2003.

What we don't know: Why Durst chose Pennsylvania to escape to after shooting and dismembering his neighbor.

He had jumped bond and almost got away -- if not for a sandwich that the heir stole from a store. He was captured in Pennsylvania for shoplifting, even though he had hundreds of dollars in his pocket.

His weekend arrest
What we know: Durst was arrested in connection with the killing of Berman, the crime writer.

Authorities found him Saturday at a New Orleans hotel, where he was staying under a false name and was carrying a fake driver's license, according to a law enforcement official who's been briefed on the case. Durst had a Smith & Wesson .38-caliber revolver on him when he was arrested, according to New Orleans Police Department records.

He'd paid for the hotel in cash, and authorities believe he was preparing to leave the country and flee to Cuba, the official said.

"As a result of investigative leads and additional evidence that has come to light in the past year, investigators have identified Robert Durst as the person responsible for Ms. Berman's death," Los Angeles police said.

What we don't know: What the new evidence is that led authorities to arrest Durst.

Criss said it is likely that Durst's statements in "The Jinx" are a part of the case against him. "That case has been several years in the making," she said. "The investigation has been going on. The making of the cases has been going on. And I think these are pieces of evidence that are going to be used and they're going to be very powerful pieces of evidence."

Durst, who sits in a New Orleans jail, as expected waived his right to fight extradition to Los Angeles during an appearance Monday before a New Orleans Magistrate Court.

Durst plans to "get to Los Angeles as soon as possible to answer the charges," his attorney, Chip Lewis, told CNN before the hearing.

His puzzling comments
What we know: The HBO documentary series "The Jinx" aired in six episodes, ending Sunday.

Immediately after the finale's last shot, Durst went into the bathroom, apparently not realizing his microphone was still on.

"There it is. You're caught," he said.

He then rambled a series of seemingly unrelated sentences before saying, "He was right. I was wrong."

Then, the most intriguing remarks: "What the hell did I do? Killed them all, of course."

What we don't know: What did those words really mean?

Criss told CNN that it wasn't the first time Durst made statements that seemed to incriminate himself while being recorded.

"In our trial, he had been recorded on the phone talking to his wife and friends, making a lot of admissions, and the state never used that," she said. "But he was aware that he had been recorded, saying things that could implicate him in the murder we were trying. Earlier in those interviews, in a previous interview for that very program ('The Jinx'), there was a break where he was caught practicing his testimony. And so he realized, he knew he had a mic on. This is the third time he's made that mistake."

While the comments may appear incriminating, his attorney told Fox News' "Justice With Judge Jeanine" that the offhand remarks might not mean anything.

"Your honesty would lead you to say you've said things under your breath before that you probably didn't mean," attorney Lewis said.

When asked for comment, HBO praised the series' director and producer in a statement Sunday.

"We simply cannot say enough about the brilliant job that Andrew Jarecki and Marc Smerling did in producing 'The Jinx,' " said HBO, which is owned by Time Warner -- the parent company of CNN. "Years in the making, their thorough research and dogged reporting reignited interest in Robert Durst's story with the public and law enforcement."

Jim McCormack, the brother of Durst's first wife, said he's glad Durst's ability to avoid conviction may be unraveling.

"The dominoes of justice are now starting to fall," he said. "Through our faith, hope and prayers the last domino will bring closure and justice for Kathie."

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/03/16/us/robert-durst-arrest/

Re: Crime & Justice [Re: TheKillingJoke] #835220
03/29/15 03:15 PM
03/29/15 03:15 PM
getthesenets Offline
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline
Underboss
57 year old Indian man is visiting his son in Madison,Alabama. He's walking around in the neighborhood during the day.

Neighbors call police ,911 call is here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzuMeCIg1ds

Police encounter from the dashcams of both vehicles that arrive are here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YL1ATsi3M8

Sureshbhai Patel is the Indian man..Eric Parker is the cop

article from local media about it

http://whnt.com/2015/03/27/madison-police-officer-indicted-for-civil-rights-violation/

Re: Crime & Justice [Re: olivant] #840645
05/03/15 07:36 PM
05/03/15 07:36 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline OP
olivant  Offline OP
O

Texas
Two men who opened fire outside a contest for Prophet Mohammad cartoons in a Dallas suburb were shot dead by police Sunday night, authorities said.

The men drove up to the Culwell Event Center in North Garland, got out of their car and began shooting just as the "Muhammad Art Exhibit and Cartoon Contest" inside was coming to an end, Garland police spokesman Joe Harns said.

An unamed security guard was shot in the leg. He was later treated and released from a hospital.

Police who were helping with security at the event fired back, killing both gunmen, Harns said.

Their identities weren't immediately released.

FBI and local officials were checking on the gunmen's vehicle for explosives, a law enforcement official told CNN. The area around the center was blocked off.

Surrounding businesses, including a Walmart, were evacuated, as were attendees from the Curtis Culwell Center.

CNN producer Chris Lett, who was covering the event, said there were about 40 people at the event when police announced there had been a shooting.

The event, sponsored by the American Freedom Defense Initiative, claimed to have received "over 350 submissions of Muhammad cartoons from all over the world."

Re: Crime & Justice [Re: olivant] #850385
07/08/15 02:30 PM
07/08/15 02:30 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline OP
olivant  Offline OP
O

Texas
“Blue Bloods” actor Tom Selleck has been stealing water from a fire hydrant — presumably to irrigate his sprawling ranch and avocado farm in drought-parched Southern California, authorities said.

Selleck, who plays the NYPD commissioner on the hit CBS drama, has filled up a commercial water tanker at least a dozen times from a fire hydrant in Thousand Oaks, Calif., since 2013, according to a civil complaint filed by the Calleguas Municipal Water District in Ventura County Superior Court.

The legal filing was first reported Tuesday by the online legal journal Courthouse News. Selleck owns a 60-acre ranch and avocado farm in nearby Hidden Valley. Calleguas Municipal Water District wants Selleck to pay at least $21,685.55 for investigators it hired and court costs. Other damages would be determined later, according to the complaint.

The water district claims it’s documented seven times when a commercial water truck filled up at a Thousand Oaks fire hydrant before taking it into “the Hidden Valley area where the Selleck property is located,” between Sept. 20, 2013, and Oct. 3, 2013, according to the complaint.

Re: Crime & Justice [Re: olivant] #850420
07/08/15 05:44 PM
07/08/15 05:44 PM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California
He's not the only one. A couple months ago Kim Kardashian was given warning to use 50% less water.

In my condo complex I can see what was once a nice green lawn turning brown. I was at my daughter's yesterday and her entire neighborhood were given notices to only water once a day for around 2 minutes I think.

smile

TIS

http://pagesix.com/2015/05/12/kim-k-warned-to-cut-water-use-amid-california-drought/

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: Crime & Justice [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #850456
07/08/15 09:44 PM
07/08/15 09:44 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline OP
olivant  Offline OP
O

Texas
Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette
He's not the only one. A couple months ago Kim Kardashian was given warning to use 50% less water.

TIS

http://pagesix.com/2015/05/12/kim-k-warned-to-cut-water-use-amid-california-drought/

I heard about that TIS. She said that's why her rear-end isn't as clean as it used to be.

Last edited by olivant; 07/08/15 09:45 PM.

Re: Crime & Justice [Re: olivant] #850457
07/08/15 09:48 PM
07/08/15 09:48 PM
OC, CA
Faithful1 Offline
Underboss
Faithful1  Offline
Underboss
OC, CA
Originally Posted By: olivant
Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

TIS

I heard about that TIS. She said that's why her rear-end isn't as clean as it used to be.

It takes a lot of water to keep that rear end clean! LOL

Re: Crime & Justice [Re: olivant] #891810
08/24/16 06:01 PM
08/24/16 06:01 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline OP
olivant  Offline OP
O

Texas
FORT WORTH, Texas — The mother of a Texas teenager who used an “affluenza” defense after he killed four people in a drunken-driving crash has been released from home confinement.

Tonya Couch is charged with hindering apprehension of a felon and money laundering. She and her son Ethan fled to Mexico last year after video surfaced apparently showing him at a party with alcohol - a probation violation.

A judge said Tuesday that Tonya Couch no longer need be under house arrest, but must wear an electronic monitor and not consume alcohol or drugs while awaiting trial.

She tends bar in suburban Fort Worth.

At trial, a psychologist blamed “affluenza” - acting irresponsibly due to wealth - for Ethan Couch’s actions. He is serving nearly two years in jail​ for the 2013 fatal crash.

Re: Crime & Justice [Re: olivant] #892435
08/31/16 05:00 PM
08/31/16 05:00 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline OP
olivant  Offline OP
O

Texas
The Supreme Court on Wednesday rejected a last-ditch request from North Carolina to reinstate a controversial set of voting restrictions that would have taken effect in the lead-up to the November election.

In a one-sentence order that did not include any reasoning, the high court declined the state’s petition, which sought to put on hold a July ruling that found the voting law discriminated against African-Americans and compared it to a relic of the Jim Crow era.

The state failed to convince at least five justices that three provisions of the contested law ― its voter ID requirement, cutbacks to early voting and elimination of pre-registration for certain under-18 voters ― were worth putting back on the books. The state had argued the measures were necessary to avoid “confusion” that might keep people away from the polls.

Re: Crime & Justice [Re: olivant] #892449
08/31/16 07:27 PM
08/31/16 07:27 PM
F
fergie Offline
Underboss
fergie  Offline
F
Underboss
Lol! "Affluenza" the act of acting irresponsibly due to wealth...thats a defence eh? OK, What about "Povluenze"....I'll not offer a definition......;)

Re: Crime & Justice [Re: fergie] #892452
08/31/16 07:57 PM
08/31/16 07:57 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline OP
olivant  Offline OP
O

Texas
Originally Posted By: fergie
Lol! "Affluenza" the act of acting irresponsibly due to wealth...thats a defence eh? OK, What about "Povluenze"....I'll not offer a definition......;)

How about Povfluenza?

Re: Crime & Justice [Re: olivant] #892603
09/02/16 11:47 AM
09/02/16 11:47 AM
Texas
O
olivant Offline OP
olivant  Offline OP
O

Texas
Gretchen Carlson Taped Conversations With Roger Ailes

Roger Ailes’ ouster from Fox News has created new challenges at the network, according to a new report by New York magazine, which is now contending with a shift in leadership and will in months to come may have to work to keep its primetime lineup intact.

The shocking episode was spurred, according to the report, by more than a year of inappropriate remarks made by Ailes to former Fox News anchor Gretchen Carlson, who taped her conversations with the executive on her iPhone.

It could be that Megyn Kelly will leave the network when her contract expires in November.

Re: Crime & Justice [Re: olivant] #892608
09/02/16 01:27 PM
09/02/16 01:27 PM
getthesenets Offline
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline
Underboss
Oli,

thanks for updates on Fox story. Your last post answered a question I had. Why would a journalist commit career suicide with allegations that couldn't be proven? Bill O'reilly settled a harassment case years ago and I believe the woman had secret tapes also.

She got a settlement but her career was essentially over at that point. I'm guessing Allies was such a powerful man that he gave ZERO F's about whether he was being recorded or not and figured that the women he made comments to had more to gain by grinning and bearing it than coming forward.

Fox news is actually rooting for Hillary to win.
With Dem. in office, people will tune in to hear them throw rocks and criticize the POTUS for 4 years.

Re: Crime & Justice [Re: getthesenets] #892609
09/02/16 01:36 PM
09/02/16 01:36 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline OP
olivant  Offline OP
O

Texas
Keep in mind that the O'Reilly tapes were not released as a condition of the settlement between O'Reilly and Andrea Makris.

Re: Crime & Justice [Re: olivant] #892615
09/02/16 01:45 PM
09/02/16 01:45 PM
getthesenets Offline
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline
Underboss
Right. Which I why I think that the Carlson case will be settled.ASAP.

Oreilly is a clown.

Re: Crime & Justice [Re: olivant] #892654
09/02/16 07:53 PM
09/02/16 07:53 PM
Green Grove Retirement Communi...
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
Green Grove Retirement Communi...
The greatest part of the Ethan Couch story is how he was tracked down in Mexico by ordering Domino's on his phone.

I can just hear Jeff Foxworthy...

"...the successful annihilation of organized crime's subculture in America would rock the 'legitimate' world's foundation, which would ultimately force fundamental social changes and redistributions of wealth and power in this country. Meyer Lansky's dream was to bond the two worlds together so that one could not survive without the other." - Dan E. Moldea
Re: Crime & Justice [Re: olivant] #892733
09/03/16 05:49 PM
09/03/16 05:49 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline OP
olivant  Offline OP
O

Texas
From the Stupid as you wanna be file:

Slidell, LA

A man identifying as a sovereign citizen resisted arrest during a traffic stop and attempted to reach for a gun, a news release from Slidell police says. According to the release, officers initiated a traffic stop after observing a green Ford Ranger driven by James Doyle Webb violating several traffic laws on Fremaux Avenue.

Webb, 54, 5129 1st Ave. D, Bay St. Louis, Mississippi, ignored the officers’ request to see his driver’s license, registration and insurance, instead asking for the officers’ names and badge numbers, the release says. After providing their names and badge numbers, the release says, the officers again requested to see Webb’s documents, which he again refused to produce. Webb instead took out a small notepad and wrote he was a “free traveler," and not required to give the officers any information because they did not have legal authority over him.

The officers noticed Webb reaching toward a bag sitting next to him on the front seat. According to the release, the officers felt Webb may have been reaching for something, such as a weapon, and ordered him to exit the vehicle.

Following that request, Webb tried to roll his window up. The officers prevented the window from rolling up, and after a brief struggle removed Webb from the vehicle and placed him under arrest. No injuries were reported. A loaded 40 caliber Heckler & Koch handgun was later found where Webb was reaching. The gun was seized for safekeeping and the vehicle was towed, according to the release.

Webb said he is affiliated with the Sovereign Citizens movement, and repeatedly made comments that he is an explosives expert.

Re: Crime & Justice [Re: olivant] #893337
09/09/16 12:08 PM
09/09/16 12:08 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline OP
olivant  Offline OP
O

Texas
Don't forget that Sunday is the 15th anniversary of 9/11.

Re: Crime & Justice [Re: olivant] #893341
09/09/16 12:29 PM
09/09/16 12:29 PM
getthesenets Offline
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline
Underboss
Don't forget that Sunday is the 15th anniversary of 9/11.

Time flies. Rest in Peace to the ones who died.

Re: Crime & Justice [Re: olivant] #893353
09/09/16 01:40 PM
09/09/16 01:40 PM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss
My wife can't seem to forget 9/11 she worked in one of WTC buildings that went down the second one hit.

She watches when they mentioned all the people that died in it. I believe most people who do not live in NYC want to forget about it or have forgot about it.

Luckily only two people that I knew died on it that day. One was a firemen and one was an older women who worked in my wife's old law firm. I knew fireman as a young kid he played baseball with my oldest son. His mother taught preschool where my kids went to and she help run joe torre soccer. I nice women she was destroyed by the death of her son.

I went to his funeral and I never go to funerals.

The kid always wanted to be a firemen. He like being around those guys. He went to the firehouse on his day off and went with them the day the plane hit and he died with them.

only the unloved hate
Re: Crime & Justice [Re: olivant] #893484
09/11/16 11:26 AM
09/11/16 11:26 AM
getthesenets Offline
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline
Underboss
From the Stupid as you wanna be file:

Slidell, LA

A man identifying as a sovereign citizen resisted arrest during a traffic stop and attempted to reach for a gun, a news release from Slidell police says. According to the release, officers initiated a traffic stop after observing a green Ford Ranger driven by James Doyle Webb violating several traffic laws on Fremaux Avenue.

Webb, ignored the officers’ request to see his driver’s license, registration and insurance, instead asking for the officers’ names and badge numbers, the release says. After providing their names and badge numbers, the release says, the officers again requested to see Webb’s documents, which he again refused to produce. Webb instead took out a small notepad and wrote he was a “free traveler," and not required to give the officers any information because they did not have legal authority over him.

The officers noticed Webb reaching toward a bag sitting next to him on the front seat. According to the release, the officers felt Webb may have been reaching for something, such as a weapon, and ordered him to exit the vehicle.

Following that request, Webb tried to roll his window up. The officers prevented the window from rolling up, and after a brief struggle removed Webb from the vehicle and placed him under arrest. No injuries were reported. A loaded 40 caliber Heckler & Koch handgun was later found where Webb was reaching. The gun was seized for safekeeping and the vehicle was towed, according to the release.

After all that, he was taken in alive.

Compare that with this story

http://www.browardpalmbeach.com/news/bso...updated-8072862

Two deputies from the Broward Sheriff's Office shot and killed a man in Pompano Beach at around 10 o' clock last night.

Deputies were responding to a call about a domestic disturbance. When they arrived, they were directed to the back yard, where the man (whose name has not yet been released) was holding a knife. Both deputies opened fire. Pompano Beach Fire Rescue later confirmed the man was dead on the scene.

Neighbors who were present at the time of the shooting say the man was shot in the back six times. BSO has not yet confirmed that.

The incident is currently under investigation, and both deputies have been placed on administrative leave.

UPDATE: Friends and family confirmed the victim was Gregory Frazier, age 56, who lived at the Pompano Beach home where the shooting took place. His sister, Deborah, had called 911 because he had been arguing with her daughter. He had a knife in his hand—the small, Swiss Army-style pocket knife that he always carried, she told dispatchers.

When officers arrived, the argument was over, and Frazier was sitting outside in his backyard eating chicken wings and fries. Quartaze Woodard, Frazier's nephew, who was at the scene, says three deputies showed up and told Frazier to get down on the ground. Frazier responded, "Leave me alone." The deputies repeated the order. Again, Frazier asked them to leave him alone. After that, Woodard says, the officers shot him. Then, after handcuffing him, and removing the handcuffs once they realized he was non-responsive, they attempted to perform CPR. It was too late.

"I never would have called the cops if I'd known this was going to happen," Deborah Frazier says. "They just came in and started shooting right away."

Pastor Miguel Rosa, who lives next door, was holding a meeting with several of his parishioners when he heard what he initially thought were fireworks. At least five shots were fired, he believes.

Frazier was black. The deputies who responded to the call were white. And friends and family say this is why Pompano Beach in particular, and Broward County in general, needs officers who better reflect the populations they serve.

“It’s too much,” says Sarahca Peterson, a friend of the Frazier family and a community activist. “There has to be change. They need to face criminal charges. If I kill someone, I’m going to jail. They shouldn’t be out there on the streets

Re: Crime & Justice [Re: olivant] #893556
09/11/16 10:32 PM
09/11/16 10:32 PM
OC, CA
Faithful1 Offline
Underboss
Faithful1  Offline
Underboss
OC, CA
I'm sure the police officers thought their lives were in danger from that small pocket Swiss Army knife. Those things are scary.

Page 72 of 73 1 2 70 71 72 73

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull