GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 353 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,452
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,858
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,509
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,313
Posts1,058,423
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Mayonnaise, Mustard, Vinegar ,Capers #89171
01/14/05 06:37 PM
01/14/05 06:37 PM
Debra Offline OP
Capo
Debra  Offline OP
Capo
Let me start this thread by saying that if you want me dead all you have to do is put me in a room with one of these 4 Poisons. No kidding,an open jar of Mayo would do the trick faster than the gas chamber!
I just want to find out how people can actually eat these things,not to mention LOVE them!
I know that we all have different taste,but Mayo?Mustard?Vinegar?CAPERS???-- I simply cant understand it.
To me,watching a Mayo jar is enough to make me sick,no need to smell or taste it.
Mustard-hot dogs or not,Mustard is still just as ugly.
Vinegar - it should stay as a 'cleaning product only"--its like taking a Dish Soap and put in the salad...and that would still taste better than Vinegar!
And then the worst....the most horrible thing in this world....C-A-P-E-R-S!
I prefer a knife in my chest anyday,and no,I am NOT kidding!

So,I was wondering who else is thinking like me...
Are you Human?...or a Mayo-Lover?

Re: Mayonnaise, Mustard, Vinegar ,Capers #89172
01/14/05 06:48 PM
01/14/05 06:48 PM
DE NIRO Offline
DE NIRO  Offline

I like only Mayo and Vinegar

The Mafia Is Not Primarily An Organisation Of Murderers.
First And Foremost,The Mafia Is Made Up Of Thieves.
It Is Driven By Greed And Controlled By Fear.

Between The Law And The Mafia, The Law Is Not The Most To Be Feared

"What if the Mafia were not an organization but a widespread Sicilian attitude of hostility towards the law?"

"Make Love Not War" John Lennon
Re: Mayonnaise, Mustard, Vinegar ,Capers #89173
01/14/05 06:53 PM
01/14/05 06:53 PM
The Slippery Slope
plawrence Offline
RIP StatMan
plawrence  Offline
RIP StatMan
The Slippery Slope
I hate mayo, and am always mystified by people who actually put mayonnaise on meat.

Capers don't thrill me, but I'll eat 'em anyway.

But a good balsamic vinegar in a salad dressing is a must for me, and I couldn't endure a hot dog or a deli sandwich without mustard.

"Difficult....not impossible"
Re: Mayonnaise, Mustard, Vinegar ,Capers #89174
01/14/05 06:54 PM
01/14/05 06:54 PM
Debra Offline OP
Capo
Debra  Offline OP
Capo
DE NIRO...you're nothing to me now.You're not a brother,you're not a friend.I don't want you near my house -- when you see our mother I want to know a day in advance, so I won't be there -- you understand?

ok,ok,now im kidding

Re: Mayonnaise, Mustard, Vinegar ,Capers #89175
01/14/05 07:05 PM
01/14/05 07:05 PM
DE NIRO Offline
DE NIRO  Offline

Cheeky

The Mafia Is Not Primarily An Organisation Of Murderers.
First And Foremost,The Mafia Is Made Up Of Thieves.
It Is Driven By Greed And Controlled By Fear.

Between The Law And The Mafia, The Law Is Not The Most To Be Feared

"What if the Mafia were not an organization but a widespread Sicilian attitude of hostility towards the law?"

"Make Love Not War" John Lennon
Re: Mayonnaise, Mustard, Vinegar ,Capers #89176
01/14/05 07:25 PM
01/14/05 07:25 PM
Los Angeles
Letizia B. Offline
Underboss
Letizia B.  Offline
Underboss
Los Angeles
I don't like mayo or white vinegar, but I gotta say, any other kind of vinegar is awesome... red wine vinegar, balsamic, white grape, plum, whatever it be. I love it in salads, and if I'm making a sandwich, I even put it on the bread.

I love mustard (whether it's plain French's, or other kinds of deli mustard); and in regards to capers, I'm indifferent. Probably more on the "like it" end of the spectrum, but I could live without them, too.

Here's what I don't understand: Caviar!! What is the deal here? God forbid if you get some on your hand, it smells all day, even if you wash it. I love creme fraiche, just not the caviar. The only time I can tolerate caviar (but still don't see the point) is when they put the tiny eggs around the outside of a sushi roll, like instead of sesame seeds. I don't understand what people like about it. I'm the only person in my family (even extended family!) who doesn't like it, and they all think I'm a nut... and the worst is when you get invited somewhere, and you have to have it, or else it's rude. :rolleyes:

Re: Mayonnaise, Mustard, Vinegar ,Capers #89177
01/14/05 07:38 PM
01/14/05 07:38 PM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline
The Don
J Geoff  Offline
The Don

New Jersey, USA
I love mayo and mustard -- what else goes on a turkey sandwich besides BOTH of them at the same time?? And how can you have chicken or tuna salad w/o mayo?? And if you've never had french fries w/ mayo instead of ketchup, you have no idea what you're missing!!!

As a kid I ate hot dogs w/ ketchup but soon grew into the more mature taste of mustard. And not that yellow shit (which is fine I guess) -- but the Guldens Spicy Brown mustard! Or any gourmet mustard. Especially if it has horseradish in it!

As for capers, well, they're not something I'd eat out of a jar or anything, but, a few on smoked salmon or in some cooked dish can add a nice flavor!

Things I don't care for are very few, and would include: beets, relish, liver (except I love liverwurst, go figure!)... hmm, hard to think of more... I like just about everything, including all vegetables and seafood...

I suppose if you don't like those four easy things, I suppose a nice beef tongue sandwich is out of the question? (omg - so great!!)

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations
Re: Mayonnaise, Mustard, Vinegar ,Capers #89178
01/14/05 07:45 PM
01/14/05 07:45 PM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline
The Don
J Geoff  Offline
The Don

New Jersey, USA
Oh yeah, vinegar... in moderation, it's great.

Nothing beats a good balsamic, it's good on salads and for dipping bread (though I prefer dipping in olive oil). Oil and red wine vinegar are okay on salads, if not a bit plain, but I prefer a more mild yet tasty vinaigrette. Besides cleaning your coffee maker, the only thing I can think of to use white vinegar for is to add to fresh french fries -- but that's a boardwalk thing.

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

Re: Mayonnaise, Mustard, Vinegar ,Capers #89179
01/14/05 07:47 PM
01/14/05 07:47 PM
Gateshead, UK
Capo de La Cosa Nostra Offline
Capo de La Cosa Nostra  Offline

Gateshead, UK
I love the first three as long as they're not in excess--which is a fine line!

What the Hell are Capers?

Mick

...dot com bold typeface rhetoric.
You go clickety click and get your head split.
'The hell you look like on a message board
Discussing whether or not the Brother is hardcore?
Re: Mayonnaise, Mustard, Vinegar ,Capers #89180
01/14/05 07:54 PM
01/14/05 07:54 PM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline
The Don
J Geoff  Offline
The Don

New Jersey, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Capo de La Cosa Nostra:
What the Hell are Capers?
link

Re: Mayonnaise, Mustard, Vinegar ,Capers #89181
01/14/05 07:56 PM
01/14/05 07:56 PM
Debra Offline OP
Capo
Debra  Offline OP
Capo
Quote:
Originally posted by J Geoff:

I suppose if you don't like those four easy things, I suppose a nice beef tongue sandwich is out of the question? (omg - so great!!)
Mmm-I think I got the "hidden" joke there...
beef tongue = complainer?

ok,I wont complain anymore - but dont call them four EASY things...please!

Re: Mayonnaise, Mustard, Vinegar ,Capers #89182
01/14/05 08:00 PM
01/14/05 08:00 PM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline
The Don
J Geoff  Offline
The Don

New Jersey, USA
No no...!!! I'm talking about cow tongue -- sliced thin! I like it heated a little, on rye bread. OMG, sooooo goooood!!!! Try it at a good jewish deli -- and don't think about what it is!

Deli by me makes a great corned beef / pastrami / tongue triple-decker sandwich on rye with cole slaw... omg...

Re: Mayonnaise, Mustard, Vinegar ,Capers #89183
01/14/05 08:34 PM
01/14/05 08:34 PM
Debra Offline OP
Capo
Debra  Offline OP
Capo
Quote:

pastrami / tongue triple-decker sandwich on rye with cole slaw... omg...
Mmm.sounds interesting(if i dont think what it is )

Got any tips about Fish?

Re: Mayonnaise, Mustard, Vinegar ,Capers #89184
01/14/05 08:50 PM
01/14/05 08:50 PM
The Slippery Slope
plawrence Offline
RIP StatMan
plawrence  Offline
RIP StatMan
The Slippery Slope
Quote:
I suppose a nice beef tongue sandwich is out of the question? (omg - so great!!)
Now that is something that I absolutely love.

There used to be a zillion kosher delis in NYC, but they've become fewer and further in between, and it's becoming harder and harder to find a good tongue sandwich.
Quote:
I'm talking about cow tongue -- sliced thin! I like it heated a little, on rye bread. OMG, sooooo goooood!!!! Try it at a good jewish deli -- and don't think about what it is!
You are absolutely the first non-Jew that I ever met who not only liked tongue, but wasn't totally grossed out by it.

Yup, thinly sliced is the way to go. Also, tell the guy you want "center cut".

And much better cold, IMO.

Take it from a Jew.

"Difficult....not impossible"
Re: Mayonnaise, Mustard, Vinegar ,Capers #89185
01/14/05 08:56 PM
01/14/05 08:56 PM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline
The Don
J Geoff  Offline
The Don

New Jersey, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by plawrence:
You are absolutely the first non-Jew that I ever met who not only liked tongue, but wasn't totally grossed out by it.
My dad's family is Italian, my mom's family is Jewish -- so there you go.

Re: Mayonnaise, Mustard, Vinegar ,Capers #89186
01/14/05 09:21 PM
01/14/05 09:21 PM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California
I have never had capers.

I like all of the others though. What's a hot dog without a little mustard, or how can you have Italian dressing without vinegar? I mostly like mayonnaise of the three.

But tongue???? I've seen it in the store, but no thanks I'll pass. :p Then again, I have eaten tripe, and octupus (dipped in vinegar) which many people don't like. Go figure. Also, although all my family laughs at me, my favorite part of the chicken is the neck and the wings!!!

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: Mayonnaise, Mustard, Vinegar ,Capers #89187
01/14/05 09:30 PM
01/14/05 09:30 PM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline
The Don
J Geoff  Offline
The Don

New Jersey, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by The Italian Stallionette:
I have eaten tripe, and octupus
I can see octopus -- I got octopus comin' outta my ears, mang! Jou know I eat octopus three times a day, mang? -- but I haven't had the "pleasure" of trying, nor have had any inclination to try, tripe.

My mom likes stuffed derma (beef casing) and I've tried that, but it's so thin, it's nothing. But tripe just looks wrong! (Heh, I guess seeing a full tongue in the store would look wrong, too, though! )

Re: Mayonnaise, Mustard, Vinegar ,Capers #89188
01/14/05 09:40 PM
01/14/05 09:40 PM
National City, CA
Caporegime Offline
Capo
Caporegime  Offline
Capo
National City, CA
I like the first three for the reasons TIS and Geoff mentioned. Beef tongue is not half bad when cooked properly. When I tried beef tongue for the first time, I had no idea that it actually was tongue, or I never would have tried it. Someone tricked me into tasting it, then after I had approved of the meat, was told its true identity. It's all good.

Sal: "Tom, can you get me off the hook? For old times' sake?"
Re: Mayonnaise, Mustard, Vinegar ,Capers #89189
01/14/05 09:45 PM
01/14/05 09:45 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Quote:
Originally posted by plawrence:
There used to be a zillion kosher delis in NYC, but they've become fewer and further in between, and it's becoming harder and harder to find a good tongue sandwich.
Plaw,

Katz's Deli is still very good. As for a deli in NJ, have you ever been to Harolds in Edison NJ? Not a Kosher Deli, but an excellent deli! The owner was a former partner in The Carnegie Deli. If you are ever interested in going there, let me know and we'll go!

As for answering the original question. I like mayo on certain foods, goldens mustard on Hot Dogs, but yellow mustard, YES GEOFF, YELLOW!, on certain sandwiches. As for vinager, like my friend Plaw, I enjoy a good balsamic vinegar on various foods. Oh, and I know it's not on the list, but Plaw has great taste when it comes to Italian Restaurants and their garlic bread!

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: Mayonnaise, Mustard, Vinegar ,Capers #89190
01/14/05 09:53 PM
01/14/05 09:53 PM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline
The Don
J Geoff  Offline
The Don

New Jersey, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Don Cardi:
Harolds in Edison NJ
I've never been there, but it looks great -- don't forget to call me!

Re: Mayonnaise, Mustard, Vinegar ,Capers #89191
01/14/05 10:04 PM
DonMichaelCorleone Offline
DonMichaelCorleone  Offline

JG- the place is GREAT.

One "dinner" will feed 3-4 people easily.

"You gave your word, I never gave mine"
http://s2.gladiatus.us/game/c.php?uid=88380
Re: Mayonnaise, Mustard, Vinegar ,Capers #89192
Beth E Offline
Crabby
Beth E  Offline
Crabby

Quote:
The owner was a former partner in The Carnegie Deli.
I love The Carnegie Deli. GREAT corned beef sandwiches. You could feed a family of 12 on one of those.

I'll put ketchup on french fries, (once they're smothered in vinegar and old bay of course), but that's about it. I put mustard on my hot dogs with onions. That is unless I'm having a chili dog. I don't put them all on together. I admit I'm a mayonaise nut. That's what I put on most of my sandwiches. My comfort food is a cheese and potatoe sandwich smothered in mayo.

How about a little less questions and a lot more shut the hell up - Brian Griffin

When there's a will...put me in it.
Re: Mayonnaise, Mustard, Vinegar ,Capers #89193
01/14/05 10:09 PM
01/14/05 10:09 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Quote:
[quote]Originally posted by Don Cardi:
[b]Harolds in Edison NJ
I've never been there, but it looks great -- don't forget to call me! [/b][/quote]Oh it is great. But you must bring your appetite and go with a bunch of people! The portions are wayyyyy out of control. One sandwich can probably feed 3 people, no lie!
Let me put it this way: If you, Plaw, TB, SC, Lori and Myself were to go, Three sandwiches would plenty with much left over!
We may just have to have a meet there one of these days. I'll keep that place in mind and let you know! Here, take a look:

http://www.roadfood.com/Reviews/Photo.aspx?RefID=1344&PhotoID=3526

http://www.roadfood.com/Reviews/Photo.aspx?RefID=1344&PhotoID=3524

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: Mayonnaise, Mustard, Vinegar ,Capers #89194
01/14/05 10:11 PM
01/14/05 10:11 PM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline
The Don
J Geoff  Offline
The Don

New Jersey, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by DonMichaelCorleone:
JG- the place is GREAT.

3-4 people? Then only one should be enough for me.

How long has it been there? Granted, I haven't lived up there for like 10 years, but, was up there like 10 years previously and never stumbled upon it...

Re: Mayonnaise, Mustard, Vinegar ,Capers #89195
01/14/05 10:13 PM
DonMichaelCorleone Offline
DonMichaelCorleone  Offline

well it's connected to a Holiday Inn Hotel I believe, it's right by the convention center in Edison.

Don't know how long it has been there though

"You gave your word, I never gave mine"
http://s2.gladiatus.us/game/c.php?uid=88380
Re: Mayonnaise, Mustard, Vinegar ,Capers #89196
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline
The Don
J Geoff  Offline
The Don

New Jersey, USA
Quote:
Three sandwiches would plenty with much left over!
Let's not get too carried away, now! I've been to Carnegie and have eaten a sandwich myself. I'm a pig!

Re: Mayonnaise, Mustard, Vinegar ,Capers #89197
01/14/05 10:15 PM
01/14/05 10:15 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Quote:
[quote]Originally posted by DonMichaelCorleone:
[b] JG- the place is GREAT.

3-4 people? Then only one should be enough for me.

How long has it been there? Granted, I haven't lived up there for like 10 years, but, was up there like 10 years previously and never stumbled upon it... [/b][/quote]Geoff, if you can eat One Sandwich all by yourself, then I'll pay for your share of the next THREE dinners we have together!

Actually I think that it probably opened up about 10 - 12 years ago, at the very least.

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Re: Mayonnaise, Mustard, Vinegar ,Capers #89198
01/14/05 10:16 PM
01/14/05 10:16 PM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline
The Don
J Geoff  Offline
The Don

New Jersey, USA
Quote:
We may just have to have a meet there one of these days.
Well, make it quick or I'm going w/ DMC! :p

Re: Mayonnaise, Mustard, Vinegar ,Capers #89199
01/14/05 10:24 PM
01/14/05 10:24 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Quote:
[quote]Originally posted by Don Cardi:
[b]Three sandwiches would plenty with much left over!
Let's not get too carried away, now! I've been to Carnegie and have eaten a sandwich myself. I'm a pig! [/b][/quote]No Geoff, forget the size of the sandwich in The Carnegie Deli, it doesn't even come close to this sandwich! True story : the first time I went to Harold's a friend took me there. We were a party of 7. I told him to do the ordering. Well he orders one bowl of Matza ball soup, one order of onion rings, 2 orders of fries, One Pastrami sandwich, one Corned Beef sandwich, and One BrisKet sandwich! I'm sitting there saying to myself " is this cheap basterd kidding me? I can eat the soup, a sandwich and a fries all by myself, what the hell is he doing!" All the while my friend is smirking at me. Well when they brought the food everyone ate, they have a rye bread bar that you go up to and take slices of bread from so that you can make sandwiches off of the original sandwich! When we were done, we had to take what was left over home! He ordered one Eclair for the table! They used two cans of whipped cream to fill this thing! That's how big it is! When we left,he turns to me and says " tell me the truth, when I ordered the food, you were sitting there asking yourself what the hell is everyone else going to eat, right?" and I burst out laughing! Geoff, listen to me my friend, you have NO IDEA how HUGE the stuff is in this place! And it's good too!

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Re: Mayonnaise, Mustard, Vinegar ,Capers #89200
01/14/05 10:27 PM
01/14/05 10:27 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Quote:
Originally posted by DonMichaelCorleone:
well it's connected to a Holiday Inn Hotel I believe, it's right by the convention center in Edison.
Actually it is connected to a Ramada Inn, next to The Hilton, right near the convention center. DMC will have to join us! The more that come, the more we can order and taste!

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull