GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
4 registered members (TheKillingJoke, Giacomo, U talkin' da me ??, 1 invisible), 584 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,603
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,082
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,518
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,373
Posts1,059,546
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 18 of 55 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 54 55
Re: what if trumps wins the presidency? [Re: Binnie_Coll] #890038
08/08/16 12:27 PM
08/08/16 12:27 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
While it is convenient for candidates to use the phrase "I will", keep in mind that only the Congress can raise or lower taxes, and that regulations are subject to review, repeal, modification, or implementation by the Congress.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: what if trumps wins the presidency? [Re: Binnie_Coll] #890040
08/08/16 01:49 PM
08/08/16 01:49 PM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss
Both if trump gets elected.

only the unloved hate
Re: what if trumps wins the presidency? [Re: Binnie_Coll] #890052
08/08/16 02:39 PM
08/08/16 02:39 PM
S
SoCalGangs Offline
Underboss
SoCalGangs  Offline
S
Underboss
People can argue about tax rates being lower or higher all they want but none of that matters except for how much the government spends. Neither candidate, as far as I know is planning to significantly cut spending.

Re: what if trumps wins the presidency? [Re: Footreads] #890054
08/08/16 02:51 PM
08/08/16 02:51 PM
Green Grove Retirement Communi...
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Footreads
This is for people filling a joint return. That will end under Clinton the money you saved what ever it is will be going to support Obama care.

You mean health care. That's what Obamacare is. It's health care. It's health insurance. It's something most Americans need.

"...the successful annihilation of organized crime's subculture in America would rock the 'legitimate' world's foundation, which would ultimately force fundamental social changes and redistributions of wealth and power in this country. Meyer Lansky's dream was to bond the two worlds together so that one could not survive without the other." - Dan E. Moldea
Re: what if trumps wins the presidency? [Re: cookcounty] #890061
08/08/16 03:54 PM
08/08/16 03:54 PM
OC, CA
Faithful1 Offline
Underboss
Faithful1  Offline
Underboss
OC, CA
Originally Posted By: cookcounty
@socalgangs

more muslims disagree with terrorism than republicans do racism

Cook, I defend your right to share your opinion, but not just making shit up, throwing it against the wall to see if it'll stick. Do you have any sources to back that up or are you trolling?

Re: what if trumps wins the presidency? [Re: getthesenets] #890065
08/08/16 04:00 PM
08/08/16 04:00 PM
OC, CA
Faithful1 Offline
Underboss
Faithful1  Offline
Underboss
OC, CA
Originally Posted By: getthesenets
Does anybody recall another election that was like this? Meaning, people aren't getting behind one candidate but rather standing against the other one?

I'm waiting for the dueling bumper stickers/buttons that read "Not Hillary" or "Not Trump".

Because of the nature of this election, candidates don't even have to sell themselves or their plans.

No, there hasn't been an a "voting against the other guy" presidential campaign that I'm aware of going back to McKinley.

I think there are "Never Hillary/Never Trump" stickers out there. I might even get one.

Originally Posted By: mightyhealthy
Why most normal Americans give two fucks about Estate Taxation, I have no idea.

Estate taxes are a big deal for family owned farms, which America needs. Most people aren't aware of how small independent farmers are hurt by estate taxes. The land with farm buildings and equipment may be overvalued, but it's not something that there's a big demand to buy. So the estate tax forces the beneficiaries to come up with a ton of money to keep the farm. It's not a win by shutting down farms.

http://fortune.com/2015/04/13/death-tax-killing-american-family-farms/

Last edited by Faithful1; 08/08/16 04:06 PM.
Re: what if trumps wins the presidency? [Re: Faithful1] #890071
08/08/16 04:16 PM
08/08/16 04:16 PM
CT
M
mightyhealthy Offline
Underboss
mightyhealthy  Offline
M
Underboss
CT
Originally Posted By: Faithful1
Originally Posted By: getthesenets
Does anybody recall another election that was like this? Meaning, people aren't getting behind one candidate but rather standing against the other one?

I'm waiting for the dueling bumper stickers/buttons that read "Not Hillary" or "Not Trump".

Because of the nature of this election, candidates don't even have to sell themselves or their plans.

No, there hasn't been an a "voting against the other guy" presidential campaign that I'm aware of going back to McKinley.

I think there are "Never Hillary/Never Trump" stickers out there. I might even get one.

Why most normal Americans give two fucks about Estate Taxation, I have no idea.

Estate taxes are a big deal for family owned farms, which America needs. Most people aren't aware of how small independent farmers are hurt by estate taxes. The land with farm buildings and equipment may be overvalued, but it's not something that there's a big demand to buy. So the estate tax forces the beneficiaries to come up with a ton of money to keep the farm. It's not a win by shutting down farms.

http://fortune.com/2015/04/13/death-tax-killing-american-family-farms/

So you do what everyone else with a brain does when you have over 11 million in assets - you buy life insurance. That provides the necessary liquidity to pay off an Estate Tax liability.

Besides, if you read your own evidence, you'd notice this:

"But as to the actual number of family farms hit by the estate tax, only 20 farms in 2013 paid estate taxes and no farms have been reported sold to pay off an estate tax debt."

So, yeah, let's turn off a couple billion dollar revenue stream because it ended up hurting zero people in 2013. Makes sense.

Listen, any business manager worth a grain of salt should be aware of Estate Tax issues at their death. That's how it is. It's fascinating to see rich people try and bring up the cause of small farmers to try and garner support for removing the Estate Tax. Remarkably cynical.

Re: what if trumps wins the presidency? [Re: Binnie_Coll] #890072
08/08/16 04:22 PM
08/08/16 04:22 PM
CT
M
mightyhealthy Offline
Underboss
mightyhealthy  Offline
M
Underboss
CT
"Family farmers..."

Lol. I see this is a Paul Ryan talking point, not surprising. Does Paul Ryan give a fuck about farmers when he wants to destroy Social Security? What a prick.

Re: what if trumps wins the presidency? [Re: Binnie_Coll] #890073
08/08/16 04:40 PM
08/08/16 04:40 PM
Past caring, then hang a left
H
helenwheels Offline
Underboss
helenwheels  Offline
H
Underboss
In addition there are a number of ways built in to to help 'family farmers' (and BTW if you and your spouse are sitting on a farm worth in excess of $10 mil, good for you for being so well off. You're in the storied 1%).

There is an exemption that gives them a reduction of up to a million to bridge the gap between the value of their property at the "current use value" versus the "highest and best use value." Heirs also get 15 years to pay that 'family farm' estate tax off.

But most of the statistical evidence says that the vast majority of farms bequeathed to relatives don’t pay any estate taxes. Even fewer are in a position where they can’t pay the liability.

Ain't No Family Farms Lost Due to the Estate Tax

http://cepr.net/blogs/beat-the-press/aint-no-family-farms-lost-due-to-the-estate-tax

http://www.nytimes.com/2001/04/08/us/talk-of-lost-farms-reflects-muddle-of-estate-tax-debate.html

Quote:

According to a Congressional Research Service report in 2013, less than 1 percent of farm operator estates is projected to pay any estate tax.

And that’s because there are exemptions for farmers and small businesses written into the estate tax code that allow most farmers — with a bit of estate planning — to avoid the estate tax altogether. For example, if the heirs agree to farm the land for another 10 years, they can get up to a $1 million exemption by valuing land at its farm use value rather than development value. An additional $500,000 exemption is possible if one agrees to a perpetual conservation easement restricting the use of the land. It is also possible to reduce the value of an estate by giving portions of the estate to heirs as a gift over a number of years. For a full description of exemptions available to farmers, see this Congressional Research Service report, starting on page 2.

http://www.factcheck.org/2015/03/thunes-estate-tax-distortions/

Last edited by helenwheels; 08/08/16 04:47 PM.

All God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

I never met anyone who didn't have a very smart child. What happens to these children, you wonder, when they reach adulthood?

Re: what if trumps wins the presidency? [Re: mightyhealthy] #890080
08/08/16 07:20 PM
08/08/16 07:20 PM
OC, CA
Faithful1 Offline
Underboss
Faithful1  Offline
Underboss
OC, CA
"Family farmers..."

Lol. I see this is a Paul Ryan talking point, not surprising. Does Paul Ryan give a fuck about farmers when he wants to destroy Social Security? What a prick.

LOL. I don't know if that's a Paul Ryan talking point or not, but your assertion that he wants to destroy Social Security sure sounds like one of Nancy Pelosi's talking points.

Originally Posted By: helenwheels
In addition there are a number of ways built in to to help 'family farmers' (and BTW if you and your spouse are sitting on a farm worth in excess of $10 mil, good for you for being so well off. You're in the storied 1%).

There is an exemption that gives them a reduction of up to a million to bridge the gap between the value of their property at the "current use value" versus the "highest and best use value." Heirs also get 15 years to pay that 'family farm' estate tax off.

But most of the statistical evidence says that the vast majority of farms bequeathed to relatives don’t pay any estate taxes. Even fewer are in a position where they can’t pay the liability.

Ain't No Family Farms Lost Due to the Estate Tax

http://cepr.net/blogs/beat-the-press/aint-no-family-farms-lost-due-to-the-estate-tax

http://www.nytimes.com/2001/04/08/us/talk-of-lost-farms-reflects-muddle-of-estate-tax-debate.html

Quote:

According to a Congressional Research Service report in 2013, less than 1 percent of farm operator estates is projected to pay any estate tax.

And that’s because there are exemptions for farmers and small businesses written into the estate tax code that allow most farmers — with a bit of estate planning — to avoid the estate tax altogether. For example, if the heirs agree to farm the land for another 10 years, they can get up to a $1 million exemption by valuing land at its farm use value rather than development value. An additional $500,000 exemption is possible if one agrees to a perpetual conservation easement restricting the use of the land. It is also possible to reduce the value of an estate by giving portions of the estate to heirs as a gift over a number of years. For a full description of exemptions available to farmers, see this Congressional Research Service report, starting on page 2.

http://www.factcheck.org/2015/03/thunes-estate-tax-distortions/

When I have time I'll double-check those Left-wing sources. I've found bias and errors in both the New York Times and Factcheck.org, so I don't take them at face value. No one should.

Last edited by Faithful1; 08/08/16 07:24 PM.
Re: what if trumps wins the presidency? [Re: Faithful1] #890081
08/08/16 07:33 PM
08/08/16 07:33 PM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
When I have time I'll double-check those Left-wing sources. I've found bias and errors in both the New York Times and Factcheck.org, so I don't take them at face value. No one should.

lol. Facts are now "left wing".

"...the successful annihilation of organized crime's subculture in America would rock the 'legitimate' world's foundation, which would ultimately force fundamental social changes and redistributions of wealth and power in this country. Meyer Lansky's dream was to bond the two worlds together so that one could not survive without the other." - Dan E. Moldea
Re: what if trumps wins the presidency? [Re: Binnie_Coll] #890084
08/08/16 08:04 PM
08/08/16 08:04 PM
CT
M
mightyhealthy Offline
Underboss
mightyhealthy  Offline
M
Underboss
CT
There is bias everywhere. The NYT often gets criticism from the left. See: Manufacturing Consent.

But more importantly, if you read your own link, you would have seen the Estate Tax farmer issue is overblown.

Until then, I will be waiting patiently for your analysis.

Last edited by mightyhealthy; 08/08/16 08:07 PM.
Re: what if trumps wins the presidency? [Re: OakAsFan] #890085
08/08/16 08:14 PM
08/08/16 08:14 PM
OC, CA
Faithful1 Offline
Underboss
Faithful1  Offline
Underboss
OC, CA
Originally Posted By: OakAsFan

No. Facts are facts. Stupid comments like yours are left wing.

Re: what if trumps wins the presidency? [Re: mightyhealthy] #890087
08/08/16 08:18 PM
08/08/16 08:18 PM
OC, CA
Faithful1 Offline
Underboss
Faithful1  Offline
Underboss
OC, CA
There is bias everywhere. The NYT often gets criticism from the left. See: Manufacturing Consent.

But more importantly, if you read your own link, you would have seen the Estate Tax farmer issue is overblown.

Until then, I will be waiting patiently for your analysis.

Yes, the NYT gets criticism from the Far Left. I'm familiar with Chomsky, and has good points, but as someone who defended the Pol Pot regime he has his own credibility issues.

If I'm wrong on the Estate Tax I will admit it. Since I'm far from being a millionaire it doesn't personally affect me one way of the other.

Re: what if trumps wins the presidency? [Re: Faithful1] #890088
08/08/16 08:37 PM
08/08/16 08:37 PM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss

No. Facts are facts. Stupid comments like yours are left wing.

I'm not going to argue with you because anyone who has a wrestler in their profile pic is probably 10 years old.

Re: what if trumps wins the presidency? [Re: Binnie_Coll] #890089
08/08/16 08:39 PM
08/08/16 08:39 PM
H
helenwheels Offline
Underboss
helenwheels  Offline
H
Underboss
Evan McMullin: Who is the new anti-Trump Independent candidate?

http://www.bbc.com/news/election-us-2016-37012635

All God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

I never met anyone who didn't have a very smart child. What happens to these children, you wonder, when they reach adulthood?

Re: what if trumps wins the presidency? [Re: Binnie_Coll] #890091
08/08/16 08:50 PM
08/08/16 08:50 PM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
"anti-establishment" Trump is now sucking up to the GOP establishment in a desperate attempt to save his campaign. Hillary's ahead in Georgia now. Yes, Georgia. A state that's redder than the devil himself.

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/290725-georgia-poll-clinton-leads-by-7-points

But of course, polls are just "left wing sources", right Undertaker?

Re: what if trumps wins the presidency? [Re: Binnie_Coll] #890106
08/08/16 10:49 PM
08/08/16 10:49 PM
H
helenwheels Offline
Underboss
helenwheels  Offline
H
Underboss
50 senior GOP security officials issued a statement on Monday calling the Republican nominee “dangerous” and a risk to America’s “national security and well-being.”

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfre...out-republicans

Edited to add: Susan Collins just came out against Trump. I think that’s the first sitting Senator up for reelection...

Last edited by helenwheels; 08/08/16 10:57 PM.

Re: what if trumps wins the presidency? [Re: OakAsFan] #890117
08/08/16 11:39 PM
08/08/16 11:39 PM
OC, CA
Faithful1 Offline
Underboss
Faithful1  Offline
Underboss
OC, CA
"anti-establishment" Trump is now sucking up to the GOP establishment in a desperate attempt to save his campaign. Hillary's ahead in Georgia now. Yes, Georgia. A state that's redder than the devil himself.

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/290725-georgia-poll-clinton-leads-by-7-points

No, but low IQ trolls may qualify.

Re: what if trumps wins the presidency? [Re: Binnie_Coll] #890122
08/09/16 12:53 AM
08/09/16 12:53 AM
far, northwest
Binnie_Coll Offline OP
Underboss
Binnie_Coll  Offline OP
Underboss
far, northwest
be interesting tomorrow when voters in Arizona, and new Hampshire cast their votes. I guess we will see what their endorsement of trump brings them. john McCain, and Kelly ayote.

" watch what you say around this guy, he's got a big mouth" sam giancana to an outfit soldier about frank Sinatra. [ from the book "my way"
Re: what if trumps wins the presidency? [Re: Binnie_Coll] #890128
08/09/16 04:38 AM
08/09/16 04:38 AM
OC, CA
Faithful1 Offline
Underboss
Faithful1  Offline
Underboss
OC, CA
I think a Trump endorsement may be a kiss of death. In San Diego County, Congressman Darrell Issa, a hardcore pro-Trump guy, is down in the polls and has good chance of losing. GOP Arizona senator Jeff Flake said Trump is in danger of losing his state. In Utah, Trump lost to Cruz in the primary and now an ex-CIA operative turned congressman is running against Trump as an independent. He needs Ohio, but John Kasich won't endorse. Senator Susan Collins of Maine won't vote for him. Trump burned all his bridges. He claims to be anti-establishment but has almost all establishment Republicans on his staff, while many Tea Party conservatives formed the #NeverTrump movement. I expect Trump to have the biggest loss since Walter Mondale, who only won one state.

Re: what if trumps wins the presidency? [Re: Binnie_Coll] #890130
08/09/16 05:11 AM
08/09/16 05:11 AM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss
If that frigg could have shut his mouth he would have won the presidency big time.

Hillary will do it all free college and people will work again. It's going to be great.

The good news is Hillary won't accomplish anything as president unless it is thru executive action with a republican congress and senate.

Good luck with her appointing Supreme Court justices to the court.

I would hope in the next four years Romney drops dead.

only the unloved hate
Re: what if trumps wins the presidency? [Re: Faithful1] #890151
08/09/16 01:55 PM
08/09/16 01:55 PM
far, northwest
Binnie_Coll Offline OP
Underboss
Binnie_Coll  Offline OP
Underboss
far, northwest
I think a Trump endorsement may be a kiss of death. In San Diego County, Congressman Darrell Issa, a hardcore pro-Trump guy, is down in the polls and has good chance of losing. GOP Arizona senator Jeff Flake said Trump is in danger of losing his state. In Utah, Trump lost to Cruz in the primary and now an ex-CIA operative turned congressman is running against Trump as an independent. He needs Ohio, but John Kasich won't endorse. Senator Susan Collins of Maine won't vote for him. Trump burned all his bridges. He claims to be anti-establishment but has almost all establishment Republicans on his staff, while many Tea Party conservatives formed the #NeverTrump movement. I expect Trump to have the biggest loss since Walter Mondale, who only won one state.

great observation faithful, cant disagree, you have done your homework, I certainly hope you are right about trump only taking one state, it might take that to dissolve the republican party.

" watch what you say around this guy, he's got a big mouth" sam giancana to an outfit soldier about frank Sinatra. [ from the book "my way"
Re: what if trumps wins the presidency? [Re: Binnie_Coll] #890185
08/09/16 08:43 PM
08/09/16 08:43 PM
OC, CA
Faithful1 Offline
Underboss
Faithful1  Offline
Underboss
OC, CA
Originally Posted By: Binnie_Coll

great observation faithful, cant disagree, you have done your homework, I certainly hope you are right about trump only taking one state, it might take that to dissolve the republican party.

I don't think having a one-party state is a good idea either. A banana republic superpower, that's simply too much power for one side. The concept behind our Constitution is checks and balances, not unbridled power.

Re: what if trumps wins the presidency? [Re: Faithful1] #890210
08/10/16 01:10 AM
08/10/16 01:10 AM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss

Oh, shut up. Every time you're getting your ass kicked you call the person a troll.

Re: what if trumps wins the presidency? [Re: Faithful1] #890263
08/10/16 09:43 AM
08/10/16 09:43 AM
CT
M
mightyhealthy Offline
Underboss
mightyhealthy  Offline
M
Underboss
CT
Originally Posted By: Binnie_Coll

I don't think having a one-party state is a good idea either. A banana republic superpower, that's simply too much power for one side. The concept behind our Constitution is checks and balances, not unbridled power.

Another party would form.

Re: what if trumps wins the presidency? [Re: OakAsFan] #890364
08/11/16 12:16 AM
08/11/16 12:16 AM
OC, CA
Faithful1 Offline
Underboss
Faithful1  Offline
Underboss
OC, CA

Oh, shut up. Every time you're getting your ass kicked you call the person a troll.

My ass is fine, and the only person who qualifies as a troll around here is you...and maybe Cook...

Re: what if trumps wins the presidency? [Re: Faithful1] #890373
08/11/16 12:53 AM
08/11/16 12:53 AM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
You don't know what a troll is. You're so stupid it hurts.

Re: what if trumps wins the presidency? [Re: Binnie_Coll] #890379
08/11/16 01:09 AM
08/11/16 01:09 AM
far, northwest
Binnie_Coll Offline OP
Underboss
Binnie_Coll  Offline OP
Underboss
far, northwest
trump just said in a speech that obama is the founder of isis.

made no mention of what he would do in the middle east.

just threw it out there. no explanation of what he would

do if he were elected.

Re: what if trumps wins the presidency? [Re: Binnie_Coll] #890388
08/11/16 01:35 AM
08/11/16 01:35 AM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
I always thought Republicans were just saying this "Trump is a plant by the Democrats" shit because they needed to save face somehow, but now I'm really wondering if it's true. I really think he might drop out. Imagine that. Next few months are going to be interesting.

Page 18 of 55 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 54 55

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull