GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 415 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,603
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,081
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,517
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,372
Posts1,059,535
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 17 of 55 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 54 55
Re: what if trumps wins the presidency? [Re: IvyLeague] #889845
08/07/16 02:06 AM
08/07/16 02:06 AM
Green Grove Retirement Communi...
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
Because I looked over that entire page and couldn't find any evidence of your argument.

Furthermore, "extremism" is opinionated in the first place. Everyone has a different definition of extremism.

Your numbers were silly.

"...the successful annihilation of organized crime's subculture in America would rock the 'legitimate' world's foundation, which would ultimately force fundamental social changes and redistributions of wealth and power in this country. Meyer Lansky's dream was to bond the two worlds together so that one could not survive without the other." - Dan E. Moldea
Re: what if trumps wins the presidency? [Re: OakAsFan] #889847
08/07/16 02:09 AM
08/07/16 02:09 AM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Originally Posted By: OakAsFan
Because I looked over that entire page and couldn't find any evidence of your argument.

Furthermore, "extremism" is opinionated in the first place. Everyone has a different definition of extremism.

Your numbers were silly.

I'm talking about those in the Muslim world who believe terrorism is justified. If you think it's some infinitesimal number, you're kidding yourself.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: what if trumps wins the presidency? [Re: Binnie_Coll] #889848
08/07/16 02:13 AM
08/07/16 02:13 AM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
No, you're talking about the percentage of Muslims that you believe support "extremism", and of course you're making shit up.

"...the successful annihilation of organized crime's subculture in America would rock the 'legitimate' world's foundation, which would ultimately force fundamental social changes and redistributions of wealth and power in this country. Meyer Lansky's dream was to bond the two worlds together so that one could not survive without the other." - Dan E. Moldea
Re: what if trumps wins the presidency? [Re: OakAsFan] #889850
08/07/16 02:16 AM
08/07/16 02:16 AM
S
SoCalGangs Offline
Underboss
SoCalGangs  Offline
S
Underboss
No, you're talking about the percentage of Muslims that you believe support "extremism", and of course you're making shit up.

I just looked at those numbers and a disturbing amount of the Muslims polled do support extremism. It varies country to country of course. This is what Sam Harris is always referring to.

Re: what if trumps wins the presidency? [Re: SoCalGangs] #889852
08/07/16 02:24 AM
08/07/16 02:24 AM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
Newsflash:

There is nothing in any of the data provided that demonstrates what "extremism" actually is.

It's bullshit.

Re: what if trumps wins the presidency? [Re: Binnie_Coll] #889853
08/07/16 02:27 AM
08/07/16 02:27 AM
S
SoCalGangs Offline
Underboss
SoCalGangs  Offline
S
Underboss
Nigerian Muslims -20% have a favorable view towards ISIS.

Quote:

In a few countries, a quarter or more of Muslims say that these acts of violence are at least sometimes justified, including 40% in the Palestinian territories, 39% in Afghanistan, 29% in Egypt and 26% in Bangladesh.

Quote:

More generally, Muslims mostly say that suicide bombings and other forms of violence against civilians in the name of Islam are rarely or never justified, including 92% in Indonesia and 91% in Iraq. In the United States, a 2011 survey found that 86% of Muslims say that such tactics are rarely or never justified. An additional 7% say suicide bombings are sometimes justified and 1% say they are often justified in these circumstances.

Wow only 86% say suicide bombings and other forms of violence against civilians are never justified. Shouldn't it be atleast 99%.

Last edited by SoCalGangs; 08/07/16 02:37 AM.
Re: what if trumps wins the presidency? [Re: OakAsFan] #889855
08/07/16 02:31 AM
08/07/16 02:31 AM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Newsflash:

There is nothing in any of the data provided that demonstrates what "extremism" actually is.

It's bullshit.

You're just playing semantics now because the data, not to mention common sense, doesn't support your BS politically correct view of the world.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: what if trumps wins the presidency? [Re: Binnie_Coll] #889858
08/07/16 02:44 AM
08/07/16 02:44 AM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
You're just playing semantics...

the data....

common sense.....

politically correct world....

Keep singing your sad song, Ivy.

Re: what if trumps wins the presidency? [Re: Binnie_Coll] #889938
08/07/16 04:56 PM
08/07/16 04:56 PM
CT
M
mightyhealthy Offline
Underboss
mightyhealthy  Offline
M
Underboss
CT
It makes sense that a small minority in certain Sunni Muslim countries would support extremism, to be honest. I am not justifying it, but when your country is frequently bombed and droned, those feelings can develop.

I am sure Muslim support in America would be much, much lower. Not to mention Muslims in countries that aren't exploited and bombed.

I am not going to say a majority of Americans are bad people because a minority supports torture (which is a form of extremism, in my opinion) or because a majority suported a war of aggression in Iraq (where at least 300,000 civilians were killed, which is a low estimate). The only way to understand why Americans justify those actions is when you view things through a nationlistic prism (America brings freedom and democracy through bombs). When it becomes a good versus evil kind of thing, a lot of bad actions can be supported.

Also, what Olivant said. That was a good point.

Re: what if trumps wins the presidency? [Re: mightyhealthy] #889942
08/07/16 05:15 PM
08/07/16 05:15 PM
G
gangstereport Offline
Underboss
gangstereport  Offline
G
Underboss
Originally Posted By: mightyhealthy
It makes sense that a small minority in certain Sunni Muslim countries would support extremism, to be honest. I am not justifying it, but when your country is frequently bombed and droned, those feelings can develop.

I am sure Muslim support in America would be much, much lower. Not to mention Muslims in countries that aren't exploited and bombed.

I am not going to say a majority of Americans are bad people because a minority supports torture (which is a form of extremism, in my opinion) or because a majority suported a war of aggression in Iraq (where at least 300,000 civilians were killed, which is a low estimate). The only way to understand why Americans justify those actions is when you view things through a nationlistic prism (America brings freedom and democracy through bombs). When it becomes a good versus evil kind of thing, a lot of bad actions can be supported.

Also, what Olivant said. That was a good point.

+1

Alot of this is has got worse because of US actions abroad should have never gone near the middle east but there is money there so there is always an interest when millions were getting slaughtered in Rwanda where was the US? no where because there is no money During the Balkan war of the 90s where was the US i know they eventually helped but they took there time thousands being killed UN stood and watched thousands of people get slaughter by the Serbian army of course thats not just US fault alot of those UN guys in Bosnia were actually dutch.

The invasion of Iraq was the worst but its not an isolated case backing rebels to kill Gaddafi in Libya now look at its a basket case 8 governments and now ISIS exists there thousands of refugees crossing over into Italy Europe gets stuck with US mistakes. Even the Syrian crisis your backing people you dont know with guns and training i know beating ISIS needs to be a priority but the people you guys are backing at the moment could be just as bad look at Afghanistan in the 80s US helped create Al Qeada and make the Taliban into a power because they were fighting the Russians. Stay out of Syria let Russia and Assad retake the country and beat ISIS maybe back the kurds but no one else you dont know who these people are. US never learns from its mistakes and everyone else gets stuck with the US faults.

Not connected with scott or anyone at gangsterreport

Sorry for the confusion
Re: what if trumps wins the presidency? [Re: Binnie_Coll] #889952
08/07/16 07:31 PM
08/07/16 07:31 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
Rep. Scott Rigell of Virginia became the second Republican member of Congress to break from party lines and endorse a candidate who is not his party's nominee.

Rigell told The New York Times on Saturday that he will be voting for Libertarian Party nominee and New Mexico Gov. Gary Johnson instead of Republican nominee Donald Trump.

"I’ve always said I will not vote for Donald Trump and I will not vote for Hillary Clinton," Rigell told The Times. "I’m going to vote for the Libertarian candidate."

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: what if trumps wins the presidency? [Re: Binnie_Coll] #889966
08/07/16 10:13 PM
08/07/16 10:13 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
WASHINGTON ― After a disastrous week for a Republican presidential nominee, you might have expected the party to circle the wagons and bring out its most prestigious leaders to defend their candidate, particularly in front of a friendly, conservative news outlet. Newt Gingrich did his best to defend Trump, and effectively attacked Hillary Clinton’s recent bizarre and false statements about her email scandal. But Gingrich also had to acknowledge that his candidate’s economic plan is nonsense. When host Chris Wallace asked whether Trump’s tax and spending plan adds up, Gingrich admitted the absurdity. “Of course not,” Gingrich said.

Re: what if trumps wins the presidency? [Re: Binnie_Coll] #889976
08/07/16 11:00 PM
08/07/16 11:00 PM
far, northwest
Binnie_Coll Offline OP
Underboss
Binnie_Coll  Offline OP
Underboss
far, northwest
yes, if trump had a little substance about his plan to help the country, it might help, but, as yet I have heard nothing about how he is going to bring back jobs. the jobs that disappeared cant come back, you cant create steel mills out of nothing, its the rust belt now, [steeltowns] the advent of the computer took millions of jobs away, how can they come back?

even construction can never realize the number of employed it once had. wall street ruined that market, how is he going to bring jobs back?

" watch what you say around this guy, he's got a big mouth" sam giancana to an outfit soldier about frank Sinatra. [ from the book "my way"
Re: what if trumps wins the presidency? [Re: Binnie_Coll] #889979
08/07/16 11:30 PM
08/07/16 11:30 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
Originally Posted By: Binnie_Coll
yes, if trump had a little substance about his plan to help the country, it might help, but, as yet I have heard nothing about how he is going to bring back jobs. the jobs that disappeared cant come back, you cant create steel mills out of nothing, its the rust belt now, [steeltowns] the advent of the computer took millions of jobs away, how can they come back?

even construction can never realize the number of employed it once had. wall street ruined that market, how is he going to bring jobs back?

You know, I was listening to Michael Medved the other day and he reminded us that Reagan campaigned on a promise to bring the primacy of steel manufacturing back to the US. Of course, that didn't happen.

Re: what if trumps wins the presidency? [Re: Binnie_Coll] #889986
08/08/16 01:37 AM
08/08/16 01:37 AM
OC, CA
Faithful1 Offline
Underboss
Faithful1  Offline
Underboss
OC, CA

Trump has no idea how to create jobs, so he just makes stuff up, like blaming China for everything. But Hillary isn't any better. They'll both make the economy worse.

Re: what if trumps wins the presidency? [Re: Faithful1] #889988
08/08/16 01:47 AM
08/08/16 01:47 AM
S
SoCalGangs Offline
Underboss
SoCalGangs  Offline
S
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Faithful1

Trump has no idea how to create jobs, so he just makes stuff up, like blaming China for everything. But Hillary isn't any better. They'll both make the economy worse.

My thoughts exactly.

There's no way to get excited about either candidate. Not when it comes to the economy.

Re: what if trumps wins the presidency? [Re: Binnie_Coll] #889998
08/08/16 05:44 AM
08/08/16 05:44 AM
C
cookcounty Offline
Underboss
cookcounty  Offline
C
Underboss
@socalgangs

more muslims disagree with terrorism than republicans do racism

yeah they aren't the same but both of them are hate driven

@ivyleague

u seem angry at the entire world

Re: what if trumps wins the presidency? [Re: cookcounty] #890014
08/08/16 10:11 AM
08/08/16 10:11 AM
getthesenets Offline
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline
Underboss
Does anybody recall another election that was like this? Meaning, people aren't getting behind one candidate but rather standing against the other one?

I'm waiting for the dueling bumper stickers/buttons that read "Not Hillary" or "Not Trump".

Because of the nature of this election, candidates don't even have to sell themselves or their plans.

Re: what if trumps wins the presidency? [Re: Binnie_Coll] #890016
08/08/16 10:19 AM
08/08/16 10:19 AM
Past caring, then hang a left
H
helenwheels Offline
Underboss
helenwheels  Offline
H
Underboss
Bloomberg got a preview of the big economic policy speech the Donald's giving today:

He will repeal the estate tax.

He will cut the corporate tax rate by more than half, to 15%.

He’s expected to call for three income-tax brackets, down from the current seven.

He will revive the Keystone pipeline and kill the Paris climate agreement.

He will repeal Dodd-Frank, the post-crisis set of (fairly tepid) regulations, and “he will not propose any new financial regulations until the economy shows ‘significant growth.'"

He is expected to say that civil servants whose focus is job-killing regulation should be replaced with experts who would help create jobs.

All God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

I never met anyone who didn't have a very smart child. What happens to these children, you wonder, when they reach adulthood?

Re: what if trumps wins the presidency? [Re: Binnie_Coll] #890017
08/08/16 10:32 AM
08/08/16 10:32 AM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss
That sounds pretty good to me. Then someone will ask him a question unrelated to that. Then he will feel he has to answer it and stick his foot in his mouth again.

only the unloved hate
Re: what if trumps wins the presidency? [Re: Binnie_Coll] #890018
08/08/16 10:34 AM
08/08/16 10:34 AM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss
Business loves certainly so they can plan in advance the further in the future the better.

only the unloved hate
Re: what if trumps wins the presidency? [Re: Binnie_Coll] #890019
08/08/16 10:37 AM
08/08/16 10:37 AM
CT
M
mightyhealthy Offline
Underboss
mightyhealthy  Offline
M
Underboss
CT
How does his promising to repeal bills lend itself to certainty?

The Estate Tax doesn't need to be lowered. Current Federal exemption is 5.45 million for an individual, double that for couples. That's plenty. There are ways to minimize that cost, too.

Re: what if trumps wins the presidency? [Re: Binnie_Coll] #890021
08/08/16 11:07 AM
08/08/16 11:07 AM
H
helenwheels Offline
Underboss
helenwheels  Offline
H
Underboss
Quote:
Trump is expected to say that civil servants whose focus is job-killing regulation should be replaced with experts who would help create jobs.

I don’t know why I torture myself by even reading the crap that comes outta Trump's mouth, but does he even know what Civil Service is? What they do? An he does realize you can’t just fire civil servants, right? Right?

And the estate tax is nonsense. Gets the proles all riled up thinking 'the gubmit' is gonna get their money', when they won't earn 5 million over their lifetime, never mind leave an estate worth more than that behind.

Last edited by helenwheels; 08/08/16 11:07 AM.

All God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

I never met anyone who didn't have a very smart child. What happens to these children, you wonder, when they reach adulthood?

Re: what if trumps wins the presidency? [Re: mightyhealthy] #890024
08/08/16 11:22 AM
08/08/16 11:22 AM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss
When you own property work 5 million you can leave it to your kids?

only the unloved hate
Re: what if trumps wins the presidency? [Re: Binnie_Coll] #890025
08/08/16 11:26 AM
08/08/16 11:26 AM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss
You know why the pipe line from Canada to here was never built. One of Obama and Clinton backers is warren Buffett. The oil from Canada is being moved by his railroad now.

only the unloved hate
Re: what if trumps wins the presidency? [Re: Binnie_Coll] #890026
08/08/16 11:28 AM
08/08/16 11:28 AM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss
This is for people filling a joint return. That will end under Clinton the money you saved what ever it is will be going to support Obama care.

only the unloved hate
Re: what if trumps wins the presidency? [Re: helenwheels] #890027
08/08/16 11:32 AM
08/08/16 11:32 AM
getthesenets Offline
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: helenwheels
I don’t know why I torture myself by even reading the crap that comes outta Trump's mouth, but does he even know what Civil Service is? What they do? An he does realize you can’t just fire civil servants, right? Right?

And the estate tax is nonsense. Gets the proles all riled up thinking 'the gubmit' is gonna get their money', when they won't earn 5 million over their lifetime, never mind leave an estate worth more than that behind.

Politicians are magicians. Convince the proletariat that they speak for them or are acting on their behalf.

Reality is if you don't have powerful lobby pushing your interests/agenda, politicians don't care about you or have to.

Re: what if trumps wins the presidency? [Re: Binnie_Coll] #890028
08/08/16 11:40 AM
08/08/16 11:40 AM
H
helenwheels Offline
Underboss
helenwheels  Offline
H
Underboss
Amen, gets, amen.

Re: what if trumps wins the presidency? [Re: Footreads] #890030
08/08/16 11:55 AM
08/08/16 11:55 AM
CT
M
mightyhealthy Offline
Underboss
mightyhealthy  Offline
M
Underboss
CT
Originally Posted By: Footreads
When you own property work 5 million you can leave it to your kids?

It means if your net worth is smaller than 11 million (as a couple), you have nothing to worry about. The exemption for an individual is 5.45 million.

But there is also annual gifting ($14,000 for an individual, double for a couple) which doesn't count against against the $11 million lifetime exemption. And, most people worth considerable amounts are going to be using Trusts and other entities to grow their money. The current federal AFR is so low right now you can loan an asset to a trust, let it grow inside the trust (estate tax free), and use the profit to pay off the loan interest at no cost to yourself.

There are also states with smaller exemptions but Trump can't do anything about that.

Re: what if trumps wins the presidency? [Re: Binnie_Coll] #890031
08/08/16 11:56 AM
08/08/16 11:56 AM
CT
M
mightyhealthy Offline
Underboss
mightyhealthy  Offline
M
Underboss
CT
Why most normal Americans give two fucks about Estate Taxation, I have no idea.

Page 17 of 55 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 54 55

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull