GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Lou_Para), 271 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,490
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,916
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,330
Posts1,058,774
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: top 3-5 Longest Running Bosse from 2000 + [Re: Moe_Tilden] #888455
07/23/16 05:57 PM
07/23/16 05:57 PM
M
MightyDR Offline
Underboss
MightyDR  Offline
M
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Moe_Tilden
Quote:
Originally Posted By: MightyDR
I think it just comes down to the Christy Tick, Casso and Amuso crew being big money makers and proven killers. Around the mid 80s they had the bypass gang, painting, serious amounts of drugs, the gasoline tax scam plus the remnants of the Demeo crew. And that's just what we know of.

Gaspipe had a good, or at least a working relationship with DeCicco, Gravano, Gotti and the Persicos. He was considered such a force that DeCicco sought his "approval" when they were making the move on Castellano.

So even though he wasn't part of the Bronx faction, I'm sure Gaspipe seems like a legit choice of successor in Tony Ducks mind around 1986. He probably couldn't have predicted how nuts Casso was/became.

Gaspipe's paintings were beautiful. I heard Heidi Klum & Seal bought one.

Don't forget the Windows scam. They made a killing on that one too.

Amuso's paintings were good too, but I'm inclined to believe that Gaspipe was the real artist behind them lol

Re: top 3-5 Longest Running Bosse from 2000 + [Re: CabriniGreen] #888469
07/23/16 08:42 PM
07/23/16 08:42 PM
Philly Burbs
mikeyballs211 Offline OP
acting associate
mikeyballs211  Offline OP
acting associate
Underboss
Philly Burbs
Originally Posted By: CabriniGreen
Both these guys, Casso and Amuso, How they took over the family, I've always felt there should be more to the story there....

I've ALWAYS heard that the power in the Luchesse family was based in the Bronx, and it was, going back to Riena, so I could never understand how it was that they took over. Like with the exception of maybe Tieri, ( and he was till a front) the power in the genovese was Manhattan and will always be Manhattan, whether it was Harlem or Grenwich Village, or whatnot.
Now I remember in a thread asking Pizzaboy, " Was there a rift In the Bronx faction?" He said no way, and I had no reason to doubt him.

But the thing is I think historically these guys were presented as upstarts, that came outta no where and had little support and killed all opposition, but this always seemed so off to me. Santoro, the underboss was the leader of the Bronx faction right? But his choice was ultimately rejected In favor of Christy Ticks choice. Why? Why did this occur exactly? This is why I asked if there was a rift there. I ask because I think it goes a long way to explaining WHY these guys were so powerful at this time.
A lot of us make the assumption that they had a BROOKLYN faction, but these guys seemed to have been WIDELY RESPECTED across the families.
Awhile back, someone posted an old report on OC in Jersey from the Feds. In it, they have Chris Furnari as the heir apparent, OVER the Bronx guys back in like 83. Why was this? Why was he so powerful, and widely respected? And I know someone will dispute this, but HIS protégées DID take over, over the more established crew leaders from the Bronx, so to me this is a clear indication of his influence. Very similar to how Gotti " Inherited" a lot of Dellacroces power, these guys benefited from an association with Christy Tick.
Amuso was from the Gallo crew right? Well all the top guys from that crew were HEAVY HITTERS in Costa Nostra right? And that crew, through Carlo, Chin Gigante, were close to the strongest families right? He was also a prolific narcotics trafficker as well, I will come back to that....So his influence, and connections might be more extensive then realized, maybe.
As far as Gaspipe, I'm reminded of something in Sammy the Bulls book, where he names all the crews that got the most respect in the family, they were all the " work" crews. Well Gaspipe seems to have been on good terms with ALL THE TOP KILLERS OF HIS TIME. Demeo, Scarpa, Persico, Gravano, Chin. Basically he was cool with all the guys that make Cosa Nostra , Cosa Nostra.
On the drug thing, simple as it is, if you can manage a successful narcotics operation, it basically means you have a pretty good skill set to be a good mafia leader. And that's what both these guys were, major dealers, Gas was an importer, Vic a distributor? I think Gas supplied a lot of heavy hitters, just a suspicion... Also, drug guys are usually heavy guys, at this point in time I think they were the most feared guys in the family, so In spite of wealth or prestige or whatever, I think they WERE the power. Case in point when Gotti sought out the Luchesse leadership through back doors channels, I don't think he approached the Bronx guys, cause in his view they WERE NOT THE POWER, and he was pretty savvy about these things.....
Basically I try to actually trace the thread through the fabric of power. Who does it go through? Where did it come from, who is it connected to now?

I did a similar thing with Mancuso from the Bonnanos. Like he clearly has the title, but it appears he DOES NOT HAVE A MAJORITY OF THE CAPOS on his side. A key question then is HOW DID HE BECOME BOSS? To me he HAS TO HAVE SUPPORT FROM THE OTHER FAMILIES, otherwise, how did he get there, from jail? Explaining how he became boss goes along way to understanding how powerful he actually is. I've heard how he killed his wife, and he supposedly had a crew of shooters, I think he's might just be SCARIERthan the Bonano guys on the streets and that's a big part of it as well..

That's my thinking on Casso and especially Amuso, the question of HOW he became boss, is still kinda like, hmmmmm, like exactly WHO WAS SUPPORTING THEM, not just in their family, but the others as well. And why were they accepted over these Bronx guys.

Ok that's my two cents, good topic Mikey, hope we can get some good discussions on here.... Any thoughts?

Cabrini good post my friend appreciate the response pal, I think you made alotta solid points that I didnt consider...Its very interesting to ponder who in what other families was supporting Amuso and Casso because like you said and has been said multiple times on here the Bronx/East Harlem faction of that family has always been the power base and currently is.

The report you referenced where it says Christie Tick was the heir apparent, do you recall what thread thats from or have a link to it? Im sure ive read it in the past, but Im studying for the PA bar exam now and my brain is fuckin mush with all the laws and shit ive been studying. itd be very interesting to read that...I personally find Christie Tick and Salvatore Santoro fascinating b/c not much is known about them at all and yet they were very powerful well respected mobsters in a time when the Lucchese's wielded lots of power especially in construction/garbage

In regards to Mancuso, I think you raised a really good point in that who in what other family is backing him to become boss because the Bonnanos are very evidently stronger in Brooklyn and Long Island and possibly Staten Island, yet Mancuso is a Bronx guy..

Cabrini you also references Amuso part of the Gallo crew? Is that a fact? Because i had no idea, I thought he was always under Christie tick/involved with the Vario crew, but never knew he was originally an associate w/ the Columbos...Anyone have any other insight

P.S....I enjoy the way these threads lead to other interesting discussions about mob family leaderships in various families, because frankly my original question that posted this thread was pry a little dumb and maybe even redundant..although i try my best to not do that...but as always I appreciate the responses of everyone, cheers fellas

"No, no, you aint alrite Spyder you got alotta fuckin problems"
Re: top 3-5 Longest Running Bosse from 2000 + [Re: mikeyballs211] #888470
07/23/16 09:11 PM
07/23/16 09:11 PM
T
TommyGambino Offline
Underboss
TommyGambino  Offline
T
Underboss
John Gambino from 2005-present grin

Re: top 3-5 Longest Running Bosse from 2000 + [Re: mikeyballs211] #888471
07/23/16 09:35 PM
07/23/16 09:35 PM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

I no ive seen the john gambino the real boss i think maybe but there alot of old school guys like marino and the corozzos that why woyld they surport a one trick poney like him. Guy was a herion dealer the min he came to america. I couldnt see the other families respected that either. Like andy russo maybe the colombos boss hes a racket guy with the unions but also loans and gambling he wouldnt want to sit across a herion pusher. Hes probaly highly respected but it just makes you think. Someone posted a recent pic of him and he looks healthy.

Re: top 3-5 Longest Running Bosse from 2000 + [Re: mikeyballs211] #888472
07/23/16 09:43 PM
07/23/16 09:43 PM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

Also didnt capeci say he retracked tht cefulo was official boss it was still peter gotti. Thts the way to go leave the official boss tittle to guys doing life so the feds cant use the rats in court saying this guy was boss when 3/5 families official bosses been in prison for decades. Guess barney is the official boss of the genovese. He must be so insulated probaly doesnt talk to anyone but a few trusted old guys. After seeing what happend to nigro.

Re: top 3-5 Longest Running Bosse from 2000 + [Re: pmac] #888475
07/23/16 10:15 PM
07/23/16 10:15 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Originally Posted By: pmac
I no ive seen the john gambino the real boss i think maybe but there alot of old school guys like marino and the corozzos that why woyld they surport a one trick poney like him. Guy was a herion dealer the min he came to america. I couldnt see the other families respected that either. Like andy russo maybe the colombos boss hes a racket guy with the unions but also loans and gambling he wouldnt want to sit across a herion pusher. Hes probaly highly respected but it just makes you think. Someone posted a recent pic of him and he looks healthy.

He is on the ruling panel but the only place we've seen John Gambino said to be boss has been by a few posters throwing out their own personal theories on the forums.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: top 3-5 Longest Running Bosse from 2000 + [Re: pmac] #888550
07/25/16 07:06 AM
07/25/16 07:06 AM
T
TommyGambino Offline
Underboss
TommyGambino  Offline
T
Underboss

Barney sold heroin, look where he is now. Your a fool if you think Gambino is only a heroin dealer.

Re: top 3-5 Longest Running Bosse from 2000 + [Re: TommyGambino] #888798
07/27/16 09:32 PM
07/27/16 09:32 PM
B
Blackjack2121 Offline
Underboss
Blackjack2121  Offline
B
Underboss
Originally Posted By: TommyGambino

Barney sold heroin, look where he is now. Your a fool if you think Gambino is only a heroin dealer.

Bingo.

Most of these guys are hypocrites.

Thing is, Barney likely ordered guys killed for the same shit he was doing!

If the rule was written it would read something like this.

Rule number 65 of the Mafia Handbook states

- Member will not sell narcotics. ( This doesn't apply to me, and you can do it too, just don't get caught)

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull