GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (2 invisible), 63 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,618
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,152
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,518
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,387
Posts1,059,806
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 22 of 58 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 57 58
Re: News [Re: getthesenets] #887475
07/09/16 07:49 PM
07/09/16 07:49 PM
Upstate, NY
thedudeabides87 Offline
Underboss
thedudeabides87  Offline
Underboss
Upstate, NY
Originally Posted By: getthesenets
Depending on what kind of a cop a person is, it's a dangerous job and I understand why they may adopt the "pack" mentality.However police can judge/jury/executioner in encounters with people and that's not a responsibility to be taken lightly. Fairness and humanity have to override any "us against them" mentality or you stop being police and you become like an occupying army or something.

You are on point it is dangerous and difficult job, I hope once older generations leave a the "Young Turks" have filled the slots that type of mentality will be a thing of the past, but idealism is on of my faults

The Dude: And, you know, he's got emotional problems, man.
Walter Sobchak: You mean... beyond pacifism?

Walter Sobchak: This guy f*cking walks. I've never been so sure of anything in my entire life
Re: News [Re: cookcounty] #887479
07/09/16 09:34 PM
07/09/16 09:34 PM
OC, CA
Faithful1 Offline
Underboss
Faithful1  Offline
Underboss
OC, CA
Originally Posted By: cookcounty
Originally Posted By: Faithful1
Originally Posted By: BlackFamily
I read Lupe Fiasco twitter and agreed with his thoughts on the BLM lack of critical thinking. I personal agree to the main theme of the movement but disagree with much of the rallies. I think plenty of those families would like less publicity and more clarity.

One of the problems is that BLM is a Far Left movement based on the Black Panthers and other Black nationalist groups, and draws its inspiration from Assata Shakur, so it isn't mainstream. That means that it gets its tactics from Communist and agitprop movements that are confrontational and divisive.

When they lay down on the freeway it just pisses people off, including Black people who are trying to get to their jobs. When they interrupt politicians (like Bernie Sanders) it turns the crowd against them. OR marching into university libraries where people are studying so they can scream at White students. Then they demean their White allies and preach segregation. Talk about driving the Civil Rights Movement back fifty years.

If they stuck with the message of being against police brutality and made sure they were documented and confirmed cases of brutality (as opposed to taking a video out of context), explain how Black people experience discrimination today, and do peaceful non-in-your-face marches, then they'd have more support.

black lives matters is about the police shooting innocent unarmed black people

it has nothing to do with the black panther party or black nationalism

how can a video of unarmed men being murdered on film be taken out of context?

BLM says that they are against police shooting innocent unarmed people. They're actually against and for more than that. Look at their website: http://blacklivesmatter.com/about/

And there are a lot of BLM supporters who advocate killing cops. http://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2016/07/0...justified-rage/

http://twitchy.com/sd-3133/2016/07/08/me...adly-handiwork/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dj4ARsxrZh8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PelVrRyNCU0

But the leaders of BLM say they're against attacks on police, and I am glad that they are making a point of this now:
http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/09/us/black-lives-matter-protests/

But they haven't always condemned threats on police. Sometimes they even defend them:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wG_xm-J7Z4

And it is partially based on the Black Panthers. The founders of BLM said so: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Lives_Matter

http://newsone.com/3357018/bridging-the-gap-intergenerational-black-lives-matter-black-panthers/

http://theconversation.com/black-panthers-and-black-lives-matter-parallels-and-progress-48313

One of the inspirations for BLM is Assata Shakur, a former Black Panther who became a bank robber and was an accomplice to at least one murder, was convicted and sent to prison, then was broken out in 1979 and fled to Cuba where she lives today:
http://www.thefeministwire.com/2014/10/blacklivesmatter-2/
http://www.discoverthenetworks.org/individualProfile.asp?indid=2670

As for videos taken out of context, I was making a general statement and not necessarily a comment on the Alton Sterling and Philando Castile videos. Any video can be taken out of context because they only show things from a single angle and usually a portion of the event. That's why when there's a crime and there's more than one video, all videos need to be seen.

I'm for the local police departments as well as the Justice Dept. going over all police shootings that result in death. But if the local investigation AND the Justice Dept. exonerate the police, we should probably respect those decisions. I don't think that all local police investigations will be fair, but I think if the Justice Dept. and the FBI also look over the evidence and come to the same conclusion, then those decisions probably are valid. That's one thing I don't see BLM doing. Once BLM convicts someone, they continue the narrative even if it's proven not to be true. That's one of the problems I have with them, aside from some of their tactics.

I think it's ridiculous of those people who make blanket condemnations of all police. Just like we don't think it's fair that some bad BLM supporters should represent the entire movement (like Rush Limbaugh calling BLM a "terrorist" group), neither should bad cops represent all police. When those officers in Dallas were pushing protesters away as they were running toward the bullets, they had no choice but to respect that. Cops put their lives in danger every day because they have a desire to protect, and there are more cop killings in the past couple of years than in decades. The same day five were killed in Dallas, others were killed in Missouri, Georgia and Tennessee.

Re: News [Re: OakAsFan] #887481
07/09/16 09:40 PM
07/09/16 09:40 PM
OC, CA
Faithful1 Offline
Underboss
Faithful1  Offline
Underboss
OC, CA
Originally Posted By: OakAsFan
So, black protesters should take pointers from you, a white person, on how to conduct their protests. That's hilarious.

As they say on Twitter, delete your account. Like dude said, are you going to stop talking about the Mafia since you're not Italian? And I didn't say that I expected them to take pointers from me, but it's a free country with a First Amendment so I have a right to express my opinion. I know that disappoints you and you'd like it to be Fascist so you can stamp out disagreement, but right now people still have the right to free speech.

Re: News [Re: DuesPaid] #887491
07/09/16 11:59 PM
07/09/16 11:59 PM
Green Grove Retirement Communi...
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
Medved is a right winger who pretends to review movies based on artistic quality while really grading them on their nationalist jingoism.

"...the successful annihilation of organized crime's subculture in America would rock the 'legitimate' world's foundation, which would ultimately force fundamental social changes and redistributions of wealth and power in this country. Meyer Lansky's dream was to bond the two worlds together so that one could not survive without the other." - Dan E. Moldea
Re: News [Re: OakAsFan] #887500
07/10/16 01:10 AM
07/10/16 01:10 AM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Originally Posted By: OakAsFan
Medved is a right winger who pretends to review movies based on artistic quality while really grading them on their nationalist jingoism.

He's a conservative Republican, yes, but not in the same vein as, say, Sean Hannity or Rush Limbaugh. And his show is mostly politics and social issues. He reviews movies on Fridays and is really no different than other film critics.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: News [Re: DuesPaid] #887511
07/10/16 04:58 AM
07/10/16 04:58 AM
C
cookcounty Offline
Underboss
cookcounty  Offline
C
Underboss
@footreads

you sound like you've did some dirt before

@ivyleague
@faithful

do you have a problem with the shooter or black lives matter?

yall sound more upset with BLM than the actually perpetrator

Last edited by cookcounty; 07/10/16 04:58 AM.
Re: News [Re: DuesPaid] #887526
07/10/16 01:57 PM
07/10/16 01:57 PM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
I wonder how outraged former congressman Joe Walsh was after the Charleston church shooting. Calling for "war", as he is after the Dallas shooting? Innocent black church parishioners gunned down in cold blood by Dylann Roof, a right wing, white supremacist. The police took Roof to Burger King en route to the station. If Dallas PD finds accomplices to the Dallas shooting, will they stop for burgers and onion rings, too?

"...the successful annihilation of organized crime's subculture in America would rock the 'legitimate' world's foundation, which would ultimately force fundamental social changes and redistributions of wealth and power in this country. Meyer Lansky's dream was to bond the two worlds together so that one could not survive without the other." - Dan E. Moldea
Re: News [Re: cookcounty] #887530
07/10/16 02:24 PM
07/10/16 02:24 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

@ivyleague
@faithful

I have a problem with both.

The shooter for obvious reasons.

BLM for a number of reasons. Many of their protests are disruptive by blocking highways. In the last few days we've seen many protesters in several cities arrested for doing that, as well as throwing things at cops.

But even more than that, the statistics simply do not support the basic contention of BLM that there's an epidemic of innocent black males being gunned down by cops. Nor that the morons with their signs and "What do we want?! When do we want it?!" nonsense would care about the facts. Much easier to not acknowledge the real problems in the black community and follow the narrative (often fed to them by white liberals) of them being victims.

Re: News [Re: DuesPaid] #887531
07/10/16 02:48 PM
07/10/16 02:48 PM
C
cookcounty Offline
Underboss
cookcounty  Offline
C
Underboss
@ivyleague

who needs stats when there r countless videos of blacks being murdered by the police

you're mad because BLM protest and block highways...lol

they're protesting because people like you support police killing innocent blacks

Re: News [Re: DuesPaid] #887538
07/10/16 03:23 PM
07/10/16 03:23 PM
S
SoCalGangs Offline
Underboss
SoCalGangs  Offline
S
Underboss
Lol at "who needs stats"

Let's all be ignorant fuck facts.

Re: News [Re: DuesPaid] #887540
07/10/16 03:32 PM
07/10/16 03:32 PM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss
I never heard ivy showing support support for cops who killed innocent blacks. No one would say that. But cock oh excuse me cook would say any thing.

only the unloved hate
Re: News [Re: DuesPaid] #887541
07/10/16 03:36 PM
07/10/16 03:36 PM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss
Now the shooter the real hater he just wanted to shoot white people who happen to be cops. If all the cops there were black he may not have shot anyone.

only the unloved hate
Re: News [Re: cookcounty] #887548
07/10/16 04:40 PM
07/10/16 04:40 PM
OC, CA
Faithful1 Offline
Underboss
Faithful1  Offline
Underboss
OC, CA

@faithful

Cook, that's a false choice fallacy. Obviously murder is worse, and if you've ever paid attention to my posts then you'd know that I don't defend police brutality or bad shootings. I've been critical of bad police shoots probably longer than you've been alive, okay.

Second, my criticisms of BLM are legit, and you would know that they are if you paid attention to all those links I provided. BLM could have been a better movement that's peaceful and brings people together against police brutality instead of being a divisive and sometimes hate-filled one. When I was young I used to take part in protests myself, but I never trampled on other people's rights. I never got in people's faces, never blocked businesses, never tried to take over a freeway. Right is right and wrong is wrong, Cook, and you know those tactics are wrong. Why alienate people? Why create more enemies instead of bringing people together? That's what I'm about. If you have a case, then have good arguments to support it.

Re: News [Re: Faithful1] #887551
07/10/16 05:27 PM
07/10/16 05:27 PM
getthesenets Offline
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline
Underboss
Cook,

What long term changes have the BLM movement brought about?
If you had to guess, what do you think the overall objectives of BLM are?

Unless they're talking economics or politics, at the end of the day it's hot air, straight up.

Re: News [Re: DuesPaid] #887557
07/10/16 06:40 PM
07/10/16 06:40 PM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
There's a possibility the shooter was just insane, and babbling these political views while not knowing what he's talking about. The military background explains the markmanship.

Re: News [Re: DuesPaid] #887561
07/10/16 07:03 PM
07/10/16 07:03 PM
Upstate, NY
thedudeabides87 Offline
Underboss
thedudeabides87  Offline
Underboss
Upstate, NY
Funeral for Abdul Sattar Edhi once called "the world's greatest living humanitarian."

The Dude: And, you know, he's got emotional problems, man.
Walter Sobchak: You mean... beyond pacifism?

Walter Sobchak: This guy f*cking walks. I've never been so sure of anything in my entire life
Re: News [Re: cookcounty] #887566
07/10/16 09:25 PM
07/10/16 09:25 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

@ivyleague

who needs stats when there r countless videos of blacks being murdered by the police

they're protesting because people like you support police killing innocent blacks

You've just shown the absurd mentality I'm accusing BLM of.

You want to talk about videos, cook? Watch these and get some perspective.

https://youtu.be/nRd5oucG114

https://youtu.be/dBp2w8r17AE

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: News [Re: IvyLeague] #887602
07/11/16 12:14 PM
07/11/16 12:14 PM
Past caring, then hang a left
H
helenwheels Offline
Underboss
helenwheels  Offline
H
Underboss
Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
Some new details coming out about the Minnesota case if what's reported is true...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/theconserva...ndroid-verizon#

Counterpoint:

Shot By Police But Don’t Have A Criminal Record? Don’t Worry, Conservative Media Will Invent One For You
http://www.inquisitr.com/3292084/shot-by...eCDUlEWTKAQB.99

All God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

I never met anyone who didn't have a very smart child. What happens to these children, you wonder, when they reach adulthood?

Re: News [Re: IvyLeague] #887604
07/11/16 12:22 PM
07/11/16 12:22 PM
C
cookcounty Offline
Underboss
cookcounty  Offline
C
Underboss
@ivyleague

You've just shown the absurd mentality I'm accusing BLM of.

You want to talk about videos, cook? Watch these and get some perspective.

https://youtu.be/nRd5oucG114

https://youtu.be/dBp2w8r17AE

Find the video of the guy that Houston Texas police gunned down 7-10 or 7-11-2016 with his arms raised in the air

Last edited by cookcounty; 07/11/16 12:23 PM.
Re: News [Re: helenwheels] #887625
07/11/16 05:58 PM
07/11/16 05:58 PM
OC, CA
Faithful1 Offline
Underboss
Faithful1  Offline
Underboss
OC, CA
Originally Posted By: helenwheels
Some new details coming out about the Minnesota case if what's reported is true...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/theconserva...ndroid-verizon#

Counterpoint:

Shot By Police But Don’t Have A Criminal Record? Don’t Worry, Conservative Media Will Invent One For You
http://www.inquisitr.com/3292084/shot-by...eCDUlEWTKAQB.99

I used the Snopes piece that the article referred to when I sent a post to correct that Conservative Treehouse lie. People repost this unverified garbage on Facebook and it spreads like cancer. The article's headline is wrong though. Both conservative and liberal media spread falsehoods.

Re: News [Re: Faithful1] #887627
07/11/16 07:15 PM
07/11/16 07:15 PM
getthesenets Offline
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline
Underboss
Thanks Helen and F1.

The use and access to the internet is supposed to make finding and verifying information easier, but human nature being what it is, we tend to seek out and find things that "confirm" what we already think.

That's true for people of all walks of life, as we will soon see during the conventions and election.

Re: News [Re: DuesPaid] #887632
07/11/16 07:40 PM
07/11/16 07:40 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

That's why I said "if true..."

That said, the stats themselves say it all. Both the Minnesota and Louisiana shootings could be found to be bad and the officers charged and the fundamental contention of BLM and their supporters would still be wrong.

Re: News [Re: IvyLeague] #887634
07/11/16 08:03 PM
getthesenets Offline
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline
Underboss
Ivy,

I wasn't singling you out....and yes you did write "IF"...

I have issues with who BLM are, who is funding them, their ultimate goals, etc but beleive me when I tell you that Black men are treated differently than others when L.E. encounters happen. The main contention though is that, even when there is video tape evidence of reckless, non standard violence by police towards citizens or suspects that the legal system often looks the other way.

Your experiences are going to shape your views as my experiences have shaped mine.

Did you see the video of Tennis pro James Blake given the bum's rush by plain clothes cops in midtown Manhattan in broad daylight? Just jumped out of no where, not identifying themselves and tackling him to the ground?

These incidents are not aberrations.

Re: News [Re: getthesenets] #887635
H
helenwheels Offline
Underboss
helenwheels  Offline
H
Underboss
Thanks Helen and F1.

The use and access to the internet is supposed to make finding and verifying information easier, but human nature being what it is, we tend to seek out and find things that "confirm" what we already think.

That's true for people of all walks of life, as we will soon see during the conventions and election.

Confirmation bias.

Also, even though the internet gives us access to an incredible amount of sources for news, people tend to stick with the same type of sources. For many all their news will be from right leaning or left leaning sites. It's hard for most people to break out of that bubble.

Last edited by helenwheels; 07/11/16 08:12 PM.

All God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

I never met anyone who didn't have a very smart child. What happens to these children, you wonder, when they reach adulthood?

Re: News [Re: getthesenets] #887637
07/11/16 09:45 PM
07/11/16 09:45 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Ivy,

I wasn't singling you out....and yes you did write "IF"...

I have issues with who BLM are, who is funding them, their ultimate goals, etc but beleive me when I tell you that Black men are treated differently than others when L.E. encounters happen. The main contention though is that, even when there is video tape evidence of reckless, non standard violence by police towards citizens or suspects that the legal system often looks the other way.

Your experiences are going to shape your views as my experiences have shaped mine.

Did you see the video of Tennis pro James Blake given the bum's rush by plain clothes cops in midtown Manhattan in broad daylight? Just jumped out of no where, not identifying themselves and tackling him to the ground?

These incidents are not aberrations.

It's not that I don't necessarily agree that black men are treated differently at times - though I stand by what the stats say as a whole - I just don't agree with the reasons. The black/liberal explanation is that cops are racist, like they come home from their shift, take off their uniforms, and put on their white hoods. The more realistic, practical explanation is that it's black males who make up a big percentage of the violent crime in this country. If you're a cop, and that's who you deal with much of the time day in and day out, you're going to treat them differently. People high on their PC horse will cry "profiling" and "racism" but it makes sense. Who the black community should really be angry at is the criminals in their midst who give them a bad name.

Last edited by IvyLeague; 07/11/16 10:49 PM.

Re: News [Re: DuesPaid] #887638
07/11/16 09:50 PM
07/11/16 09:50 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Last edited by IvyLeague; 07/11/16 09:56 PM.

Re: News [Re: DuesPaid] #887640
07/12/16 02:58 AM
07/12/16 02:58 AM
blueracing347 Offline
Underboss
blueracing347  Offline
Underboss
^ yes it was. The black community as they like to be known as. Needs to take a look at themselves and assess where the problemsie within. The police do it, why cant they. In the majority of these cases the shooting victims are running their mouths and resisting. Rule number 1 involving the po-lice: show them respect and don't resist. You act like a punk, you should get treated like one.

Re: News [Re: blueracing347] #887647
07/12/16 09:29 AM
Anytown, USA
goombah Offline
goombah  Offline

Anytown, USA
This disgusting picture was posted on the Instagram account of Browns running back Isaiah Crowell. Looks to me like he is not only advocating killing cops, but that he either supports ISIS or could easily switch that all black garb for a KKK hood.

This senseless violence - from all sides - needs to stop.

Re: News [Re: IvyLeague] #887648
getthesenets Offline
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline
Underboss

It's not that I don't necessarily agree that black men are treated differently at times - though I stand by what the stats say as a whole - I just don't agree with the reasons. The black/liberal explanation is that cops are racist, like they come home from their shift, take off their uniforms, and put on their white hoods. The more realistic, practical explanation is that it's black males who make up a big percentage of the violent crime in this country. If you're a cop, and that's who you deal with much of the time day in and day out, you're going to treat them differently. People high on their PC horse will cry "profiling" and "racism" but it makes sense. Who the black community should really be angry at is the criminals in their midst who give them a bad name.

I view some of this as deflection and straw men.
Some police officers engaging in behavior that is reckless and not consistent with THEIR training and procedures is the contention. You're choosing to deflect from this and absolve the bad cops for their decisions and actions.

The deflection about how many more interactions there will be between L.E. and Black men? In most jobs, the more experience you have doing a certain task, the more proficient and wise you get handling it. If officers are having more experience stopping,detaining, or apprehending Black men....I'd think that cops would be better able to read ,diffuse, and control situations better and there would be less violence.

Like I said before, I grew up in a particular violent city and era...Newark,NJ in the crack era 1980s. Real cops who were dealing with real crime problems in a majority Black city. Physically, I was indistinguishable from the kids who were part of the criminal element yet I never once had any problems or legal interaction with police in Newark.

I think the training was better,cops had on the field experience in assessing people by BEHAVIOR rather than appearance, and cops there didn't have idle time on their hands to do some of the foolish stuff some of these cops today are doing....liking deciding to pull over people because they fit descriptions because they have "wide set noses".

Straw man arguments about what liberal media or Blacks are saying about cops and the klan have no bearing on this discussion because nobody can "prove" what is in anybody's heart or mind. Fact remains that in a lot of these cases, cops are not following the guidelines that they were trained under.Overly aggressive,, speaking to citizens in disrespectful manner, reckless use of violence/force on suspect,falsifying or not filling out police reports after incidents. Basically not being professional when doing their jobs. It's like when dealing with Black men, some cops throw their training out of the window and it becomes about macho posturing.

Re: News [Re: goombah] #887656
07/12/16 10:48 AM
07/12/16 10:48 AM
getthesenets Offline
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline
Underboss
Goombah,

I agree. Disgusting picture and you have to question the mentality of a public figure (in this case a pro athlete) who would post such a stupid and inflammatory picture. This emotional reaction from people...in PUBLIC PERMANENT platforms...no less, is all a bunch of hot air.
Marching holding hands and promoting random violence is pointless. That player should be suspended for posting that actually. We have freedom of speech in this country, but there have to be consequences when advocating or making light of death.

I felt that same way about the NYPD cops who were photographed wearing "I can't breathe shirts" mocking the choking death of Eric Garner by a rogue cop.

I also feel that way about the ex-congressman who made a veiled threat to the POTUS the other day.

Hashtags and veiled threats from the safety of your home are easy to do. Actually doing constructive things to help change some of this stuff is hard, which is why most people don't do it.

Page 22 of 58 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 57 58

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull