GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 71 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,618
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,164
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,518
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,387
Posts1,059,816
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Black lives Matter and the KKK [Re: OakAsFan] #887506
07/10/16 02:39 AM
07/10/16 02:39 AM
OC, CA
Faithful1 Offline
Underboss
Faithful1  Offline
Underboss
OC, CA
Originally Posted By: OakAsFan
Part of the Republican strategy is to divide blacks on homosexuality. It's evident in televangelism, it's evident on right wing radio, it's evident on FoxNews, and it's evident on THIS thread.

Right. All those Blacks who voted en mass for Barack Obama in California in 2008 and also voted to ban same-sex marriage voted that way because of Fox News and the Republican Party. Seriously, do you even think before you type things out?

Re: Black lives Matter and the KKK [Re: Crash] #887509
07/10/16 03:49 AM
07/10/16 03:49 AM
Green Grove Retirement Communi...
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
Of course, a thread about BLM and the KKK somehow derailed into a discussion about black people and homophobia.

So, back to topic.

People should check out the book Irregular Army. It's about how Donald Rumsfeld, in a desperate attempt to meet recruitment goals during the Iraq War, began to overlook white supremacist backgrounds of recruits. So, you have a legitimization of white supremacy that started at the very top, combined with the election of the first black president a few years later. And we wonder why groups like BLM are gaining steam. BLM isn't a radical idea. It's self defense.

"...the successful annihilation of organized crime's subculture in America would rock the 'legitimate' world's foundation, which would ultimately force fundamental social changes and redistributions of wealth and power in this country. Meyer Lansky's dream was to bond the two worlds together so that one could not survive without the other." - Dan E. Moldea
Re: Black lives Matter and the KKK [Re: Crash] #887510
07/10/16 04:16 AM
07/10/16 04:16 AM
OC, CA
Faithful1 Offline
Underboss
Faithful1  Offline
Underboss
OC, CA
(Notice how OakAsFan ignores being proven wrong and doesn't admit his mistakes; instead he changes the subject.)

Does anyone remember another poster from the Bay Area who used to make stuff up? Some guy who said he was half Mexican and half Sicilian, and eventually got banned for repeatedly posting bogus information? What was his name again? Was it MobFan? Could OakAsFan be the same banned poster MobFan? Hmmm.....

Re: Black lives Matter and the KKK [Re: Faithful1] #887524
07/10/16 01:49 PM
07/10/16 01:49 PM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
Your accusation is inflammatory (along with being off topic), and I've reported it.

"...the successful annihilation of organized crime's subculture in America would rock the 'legitimate' world's foundation, which would ultimately force fundamental social changes and redistributions of wealth and power in this country. Meyer Lansky's dream was to bond the two worlds together so that one could not survive without the other." - Dan E. Moldea
Re: Black lives Matter and the KKK [Re: IvyLeague] #887527
07/10/16 02:07 PM
07/10/16 02:07 PM
getthesenets Offline
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: IvyLeague

First, I've never intentionally avoided a discussion or stayed away from a thread. It's certainly possible I've forgotten about a given thread or felt it ran it's course once things start to go in circles.

Second, my point was more about religious and spiritual beliefs than strictly conservative vs liberal. Though I would think one would influence the other. As I said, I don't understand how many in the black community can be Christian (the religious side of it) but then support politicians who support positions that aren't Christian (the political side of it).

Now, in the past and now, this is where you'll raise the point about how some Christians (especially certain Protestant and Evangelicals) criticize Mormons and certain things they don't consider Christian (according to their understanding of it). But things like abortion and homosexuality have been decried pretty much across the board among all Christian churches, have they not? At least traditionally, since I'm aware there are certain churches that have recently decided homosexuality is ok. Not sure how they justify it but that's another matter. Bottom line, I don't see black religious leaders saying abortion or homosexuality is ok so I can only assume they are against them. Yet they and their follower's voting habits support those things.

In sum, you're right that there are differences among Christian denominations but it's essentially a moot point since I'm not aware of any black churches or leaders that have announced they see no moral problems with those issues.

I think in the history of this country, that those who fall out of the mainstream WASP culture....be they Jews,Catholics,Mormons,Blacks,etc are afforded fuller inclusion in American society under "progressive" and or "liberal" leaders and judges. Conservatism, by definition, is about maintaining the status quo.

This is a line from my previous post. Civil Rights issue in the 1960s and the stances taken by parties and pres. candidates is what brought most Blacks over to the Dem. party. Religious overtures aside...it's documented the party platforms and votes regarding ENFORCING the Constitution and Amendments...namely granting EQUAL legal protection and full rights to ALL Americans. Preaching morality,the Bible,etc and not supporting equal rights for ALL of God's children....that sir is called talking out of both sides of ones mouth.

*I removed the picture of the Little Rock segregation protests, because it's irrelevant to the thread--What IS relevant is that it's well documented the stances and practices adopted by Christian denominations in the USA regarding segregation and race throughout the 20th century*

So like I said, talking out of both sides of ones mouth.

So you have your devout Christian black folks(true Christians, unlike the so called Christians who thought that enforcing the Constitution and Amendments were State's rights issues), who made practical decisions and chose to support party that supported them ACTUALLY having the same legal protection and rights as other Americans.

Goes back to my point about the history of this country and the ways that non-wasps have had to fight for inclusion...and how conservatism is going to butt heads with that.

Just speaking for myself, though...I was taught that you cannot control the outside world...but you can control your household. With limitations, what other people are doing is THEIR business but under my roof I will live according to my own codes and beliefs. I think that those who are from cultures that are NOT the dominant one, adopt similar viewpoint. I think it might be more natural for those from the dominant racial or religious group to feel the need to exert THEIR ways and beliefs on others.

So a Black Christian may live by a certain set of moral and religious beliefs and yet still support candidates and issues that operate outside of them.

Re: Black lives Matter and the KKK [Re: Crash] #887543
07/10/16 03:54 PM
07/10/16 03:54 PM
Bamboo Lounge
NickyEyes1 Offline
Hawks Bears Bulls Sox
NickyEyes1  Offline
Hawks Bears Bulls Sox
Underboss
Bamboo Lounge
The media are the ones most at fault for everything thats happening right now.

Re: Black lives Matter and the KKK [Re: OakAsFan] #887547
07/10/16 04:30 PM
07/10/16 04:30 PM
OC, CA
Faithful1 Offline
Underboss
Faithful1  Offline
Underboss
OC, CA
Your accusation is inflammatory (along with being off topic), and I've reported it.

The question is, but is it true? As for inflammatory statements, you've made plenty, along with spreading false information that when pointed out gets ignored. If it's not true then I take back my question. Perhaps it's only coincidence that you both share the word "Fan" in your username, that you both come from the same geographical location, and that you both have the same M.O.

You'll have to excuse my suspicion, but there have been a number of banned posters who return using new usernames. We've also had a number of posters who come on this site and others like it just to boost their own credibility by mixing real facts with made-up facts.

Re: Black lives Matter and the KKK [Re: Faithful1] #887549
07/10/16 05:10 PM
07/10/16 05:10 PM
getthesenets Offline
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Faithful1
(Notice how OakAsFan ignores being proven wrong and doesn't admit his mistakes; instead he changes the subject.)

Does anyone remember another poster from the Bay Area who used to make stuff up? Some guy who said he was half Mexican and half Sicilian, and eventually got banned for repeatedly posting bogus information? What was his name again? Was it MobFan? Could OakAsFan be the same banned poster MobFan? Hmmm.....

"Look like somebody we know?"
"ohhhh....It's him...without the beard"

smile

Re: Black lives Matter and the KKK [Re: getthesenets] #887558
07/10/16 06:43 PM
07/10/16 06:43 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
Unless you have some definite proof which can be verified do not post any accusations of one's past indiscretions on this board. With all the shit that is going on in this world now there is plenty to talk about other than these accusations. C'mon guys, get with it.

Re: Black lives Matter and the KKK [Re: SC] #887559
07/10/16 06:45 PM
07/10/16 06:45 PM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: SC
Unless you have some definite proof which can be verified do not post any accusations of one's past indiscretions on this board. With all the shit that is going on in this world now there is plenty to talk about other than these accusations. C'mon guys, get with it.

Thank you for addressing it. Disregard my second flag. I hadn't seen this post yet.

Re: Black lives Matter and the KKK [Re: Crash] #887567
07/10/16 10:13 PM
07/10/16 10:13 PM
>>>OVA THERE
njcapo35 Offline
BANNED
njcapo35  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
>>>OVA THERE

Thank you for addressing it. Disregard my second flag. I hadn't seen this post yet.

Is this guy for real or what?... Can't believe he actually hit the notify button. lol Wow!..Talk about having thin skin, damn.

"Jersey...It's where my story begins."
Re: Black lives Matter and the KKK [Re: njcapo35] #887570
07/10/16 10:53 PM
07/10/16 10:53 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
Originally Posted By: njcapo35
Is this guy for real or what?... Can't believe he actually hit the notify button. lol Wow!..Talk about having thin skin, damn.

I guess he doesn't read newspapers and know there is other stuff in the world going on (to talk about here). Maybe he'll hear about it on his one month vacation.

Guys, drop this shit already and discuss some other things.

Re: Black lives Matter and the KKK [Re: njcapo35] #887571
07/10/16 10:56 PM
07/10/16 10:56 PM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
Yes, I did. And it was because he accused me of being a previously banned member. I don't know who this banned person is or what kinds of things they said, so you'd better believe I'm going to clear my name as fast as possible. I ignore the personal insults, but false accusations and misrepresentations is something I'll take immediate action over.

Re: Black lives Matter and the KKK [Re: NickyEyes1] #887603
07/11/16 12:19 PM
07/11/16 12:19 PM
C
cookcounty Offline
Underboss
cookcounty  Offline
C
Underboss
Originally Posted By: NickyEyes1
The media are the ones most at fault for everything thats happening right now.

The media is full of angry nerds who like uproar and chaos

Re: Black lives Matter and the KKK [Re: Crash] #888551
07/25/16 07:09 AM
07/25/16 07:09 AM
BillyBrizzi Offline
Underboss
BillyBrizzi  Offline
Underboss
Our friends Scott Burnstein and Al Profit discuss in this podcast topics related to this thread, so I thought I'd post it:

FORTIS FORTUNA IUVAT
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull