GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 57 guests, and 18 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,657
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,185
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,519
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,389
Posts1,059,921
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: GOP or Democrat President Better for the Mob? [Re: SoCalGangs] #885670
06/17/16 01:33 AM
06/17/16 01:33 AM
Green Grove Retirement Communi...
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
Liberals have to get pushed to the bring. Liberals are nice people in nature. They want to be liked. Conservatives value the power structure, and base their worth on their place in it. That's why any threat to the power structure is met with hostility.

"...the successful annihilation of organized crime's subculture in America would rock the 'legitimate' world's foundation, which would ultimately force fundamental social changes and redistributions of wealth and power in this country. Meyer Lansky's dream was to bond the two worlds together so that one could not survive without the other." - Dan E. Moldea
Re: GOP or Democrat President Better for the Mob? [Re: OakAsFan] #885673
06/17/16 01:44 AM
06/17/16 01:44 AM
S
SoCalGangs Offline
Underboss
SoCalGangs  Offline
S
Underboss
Originally Posted By: OakAsFan
Liberals have to get pushed to the bring. Liberals are nice people in nature. They want to be liked. Conservatives value the power structure, and base their worth on their place in it. That's why any threat to the power structure is met with hostility.

Wanting to be liked and being nice isn't a virtue. At all.

The saying goes something like "don't be nice, be GOOD"

Doing what's right, usually makes you disliked or hated. Being nice means go along to get along or being nice to evil, turning a blind eye or being too cowardly to stand up for what's good and right.

That's why "virtue signaling " is such a big thing on the Left.

It's all about how you appear to others, in your tribe.
"Look at me, I'm a good person, I want to help the poor and minority's without digging too deep into the disturbing and uncomfortable facts"

I can't speak on the right wing and power structure talk. I'm libertarian and I'd like to smash the entire power structure but the Left AND the Right want to conserve it..

Last edited by SoCalGangs; 06/17/16 01:44 AM.
Re: GOP or Democrat President Better for the Mob? [Re: SoCalGangs] #885674
06/17/16 01:50 AM
06/17/16 01:50 AM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
I'm not saying anything's right or wrong, I'm just identifying the mindsets. Conservatives value the status quo, and naturally defend it. Part of that mentality is to humiliate anyone that threatens it. Liberals have to be pushed to the brink to behave like this. It's not in their nature. On the web, obviously, this happens a lot. Show me an angry liberal on the web, I'll show you someone that's been trolled and tormented by the right. Right wingers show up to the internet angry. They're there to troll.

"...the successful annihilation of organized crime's subculture in America would rock the 'legitimate' world's foundation, which would ultimately force fundamental social changes and redistributions of wealth and power in this country. Meyer Lansky's dream was to bond the two worlds together so that one could not survive without the other." - Dan E. Moldea
Re: GOP or Democrat President Better for the Mob? [Re: NickyScarfo] #885675
06/17/16 01:56 AM
06/17/16 01:56 AM
S
SoCalGangs Offline
Underboss
SoCalGangs  Offline
S
Underboss
I get it. I get the mindset very well too. Just pointing out that wanting to be liked isn't such a great thing.

As far as who is worse when it comes to right wing vs left wing anger and trolling, I can't call. I've seen it and have gotten it from both sides.

Re: GOP or Democrat President Better for the Mob? [Re: OakAsFan] #885678
06/17/16 02:38 AM
06/17/16 02:38 AM
OC, CA
Faithful1 Offline
Underboss
Faithful1  Offline
Underboss
OC, CA
I'm not saying anything's right or wrong, I'm just identifying the mindsets. Conservatives value the status quo, and naturally defend it. Part of that mentality is to humiliate anyone that threatens it. Liberals have to be pushed to the brink to behave like this. It's not in their nature. On the web, obviously, this happens a lot. Show me an angry liberal on the web, I'll show you someone that's been trolled and tormented by the right. Right wingers show up to the internet angry. They're there to troll.

This topic should probably get moved to off-topic, but I gotta respond to this post. It's pure B.S.

"Conservatives value the status quo." Bogus assertion. Depends on what the status quo is. The current status quo on a lot of issues is a left-wing status quo, so if a conservative politician wanted to go against current trends, he or she would be going against the status quo.

"Part of that mentality is to humiliate anyone that threatens it." More BS. To humiliate someone isn't a conservative trait, it's something that's individual to a person and doesn't reflect ideology. But if one looks at Twitter attacks and hateful replies on YouTube, they are mostly done by the Left-wing. When conservatives protest something they don't block traffic or physically assault their opponents, but left-wing protesters do all the time. Which side interrupts speakers on stage? Which group tries to ban speakers with whom they disagree at universities? It's always the Far Left. Conservatives don't disrupt speaking engagements, and if they do it's rare. Go on YouTube and watch videos of Ben Shapiro or Milo giving public speeches and try to guess the political side of those who are harassing and attacking them. No, the hate and humiliation is pretty much owned by the Left.

When you read Facebook pages you'll also notice that the mockery and trolling is almost exclusively from the Left there as well. Left-wingers also make false reports of violations on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube to get conservatives banned, something that conservatives tend not to do because they believe in freedom of speech and the free market of ideas. For the Left, the ends justify the fascism. Just like the fact-free comments in your post that are nothing but assertions and would absolutely qualify as trolling.

By the way, nothing I wrote is to say that ALL left-wingers troll, spread hate, shut people down and censor, but a much larger proportion of them do it than those on the Right. Sometimes it comes so natural to them that they don't realize that they do it. So please don't make a straw man retort to claim that I wrote otherwise. Nor did I write that those on the Right never do it. Yet your post was full of those blanket statements, coming close to saying that all conservatives are devils and liberals are angels. And please don't use Donald Trump as counterexample. He's not a conservative.

Re: GOP or Democrat President Better for the Mob? [Re: NickyScarfo] #885679
06/17/16 02:45 AM
06/17/16 02:45 AM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Well, this thread has successfully been turned into a political argument. Wonder who we thank for that? rolleyes

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: GOP or Democrat President Better for the Mob? [Re: Faithful1] #885685
06/17/16 06:53 AM
06/17/16 06:53 AM
Fleming_Ave Offline
Underboss
Fleming_Ave  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Faithful1
[quote=OakAsFan] And please don't use Donald Trump as counterexample. He's not a conservative.

He's a liberal now? LOL!

Re: GOP or Democrat President Better for the Mob? [Re: NickyScarfo] #885692
06/17/16 07:22 AM
06/17/16 07:22 AM
The Jersey Shore
D
DanteMoltisanti Offline
Underboss
DanteMoltisanti  Offline
D
Underboss
The Jersey Shore
Scroll down and read the Yankee Doodle Gangster Article:

http://z14.invisionfree.com/GangstersInc/index.php?showtopic=731&st=40

Re: GOP or Democrat President Better for the Mob? [Re: NickyScarfo] #885702
06/17/16 10:57 AM
06/17/16 10:57 AM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
lol. I knew someone was going to bring up Facebook as an example.

Re: GOP or Democrat President Better for the Mob? [Re: OakAsFan] #885706
06/17/16 11:59 AM
06/17/16 11:59 AM
Upstate, NY
thedudeabides87 Offline
Underboss
thedudeabides87  Offline
Underboss
Upstate, NY
Show me an angry liberal on the web, I'll show you someone that's been trolled and tormented by the right. Right wingers show up to the internet angry. They're there to troll.

You can look at college campuses, when a speaker comes who is conservative they are protested, students have been blocked from enter by "walls," shouting during the speech. I don't think you would see conservative students doing that for a liberal speaker, they want to silence anyone who has a different opinion (both sides) because they can't act like adults and just deal with someone having different ideas

I don't do Facebook or any social media so I can't speak for that but.I have seen pictures of people holding cups with in labels white tears, male tears and a hashtag kill all men if that it not angry then Idk

Last edited by thedudeabides87; 06/17/16 12:10 PM.

The Dude: And, you know, he's got emotional problems, man.
Walter Sobchak: You mean... beyond pacifism?

Walter Sobchak: This guy f*cking walks. I've never been so sure of anything in my entire life
Re: GOP or Democrat President Better for the Mob? [Re: Fleming_Ave] #885716
06/17/16 02:43 PM
06/17/16 02:43 PM
OC, CA
Faithful1 Offline
Underboss
Faithful1  Offline
Underboss
OC, CA
Originally Posted By: Fleming_Ave
[quote=OakAsFan] And please don't use Donald Trump as counterexample. He's not a conservative.

He's a liberal now? LOL!

You don't know what a false choice fallacy is? LOL!

He's a poopulist with a mixed bag of positions.

Re: GOP or Democrat President Better for the Mob? [Re: Faithful1] #885726
06/17/16 07:33 PM
06/17/16 07:33 PM
Fleming_Ave Offline
Underboss
Fleming_Ave  Offline
Underboss

He's a poopulist with a mixed bag of positions.

Alright I get it now.

Re: GOP or Democrat President Better for the Mob? [Re: thedudeabides87] #885741
06/18/16 12:17 AM
06/18/16 12:17 AM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
Yeah, watch out for those college kids. They control everything.

Re: GOP or Democrat President Better for the Mob? [Re: OakAsFan] #885757
06/18/16 01:58 PM
06/18/16 01:58 PM
OC, CA
Faithful1 Offline
Underboss
Faithful1  Offline
Underboss
OC, CA
Yeah, watch out for those college kids. They control everything.

And what do you think the previous generations of left-wing college kids did and where would they be now? Really, that's the sort of ridiculous sarcasm made by someone who isn't really the sharpest tool in the box because it shows that there's no thinking behind it. "I'm just going to emote and say the first smart ass thing from the top of my head because that's how I roll." Ever heard of Tom Hayden or Angela Davis? They're from several generations back, but picked up by academia to create new generations of brain damaged students. Who do you think teaches all this Far Left ethnic studies crap that indoctrinates modern theories of "whiteness" radical feminism, Marxism and deconstructionism, minority victimization and bullying? The media is about 90% one-sided to the Left (there's plenty of research on this and I can provide citations) -- where do you think that comes from? How about the current generation of people running the government now? So yeah, the previous generations of college kids do end up running everything.

Re: GOP or Democrat President Better for the Mob? [Re: NickyScarfo] #885767
06/18/16 04:49 PM
06/18/16 04:49 PM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
Tom Hayden and Angela Davis! Are they still alive? If there is one thing I've enjoyed about this thread, its some of the relics from the past that have been brought up as examples of current corruption. I mean I honestly have no idea what either of them are doing today, and I doubt you do either, considering neither of them have done anything worthy of the public spotlight in 40 YEARS. Now in response to this someone should bring up Wavy Gravy.

Re: GOP or Democrat President Better for the Mob? [Re: NickyScarfo] #885773
06/18/16 08:14 PM
06/18/16 08:14 PM
OC, CA
Faithful1 Offline
Underboss
Faithful1  Offline
Underboss
OC, CA
Totally ignored the point I made, didn't you, OakAsFan? Kind of expected that non-response. Some people like to discuss facts and truths, and others like to emote nonsense. I'll let you figure out which category you're in, and have a nice day.

Re: GOP or Democrat President Better for the Mob? [Re: Faithful1] #885780
06/19/16 01:23 AM
06/19/16 01:23 AM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
What point would that be? In discussing how the liberal college indoctrination camp can corrupt future leaders (or something...), you cite as examples two relics from the '60s and '70's that have practically zero relevance today?

Last edited by OakAsFan; 06/19/16 02:14 AM.

Re: GOP or Democrat President Better for the Mob? [Re: Faithful1] #885807
06/19/16 08:33 AM
06/19/16 08:33 AM
Fleming_Ave Offline
Underboss
Fleming_Ave  Offline
Underboss
Who do you think teaches all this Far Left ethnic studies crap that indoctrinates modern theories of "whiteness" radical feminism, Marxism and deconstructionism, minority victimization and bullying?

How many college kids actually study ethnic studies or women's studies or things like that? I think most college kids are studying things like business because they want to make money. I don't think an "Ethnic Studies" professor has a lot of influence outside the campus, it's kinda irrelevant because not that many people study it. Not that many people care about it.

Last edited by Fleming_Ave; 06/19/16 08:34 AM.
Re: GOP or Democrat President Better for the Mob? [Re: SoCalGangs] #885808
06/19/16 08:45 AM
06/19/16 08:45 AM
Fleming_Ave Offline
Underboss
Fleming_Ave  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: SoCalGangs

Doing what's right, usually makes you disliked or hated. Being nice means go along to get along or being nice to evil, turning a blind eye or being too cowardly to stand up for what's good and right.

"Look at me, I'm a good person, I want to help the poor and minority's without digging too deep into the disturbing and uncomfortable facts"

I can't speak on the right wing and power structure talk. I'm libertarian and I'd like to smash the entire power structure but the Left AND the Right want to conserve it..

I think some of that "wanting to be nice" is just about being a gentleman or lady. Trying to disagree politely. I disagree with right wingers somewhat on some things, (economic issues), but I disagree with the left strongly on some issues. When I argue with liberal people about, for example, the Keystone XL Pipeline they never call me a motherfucker, call me un-American, or threaten to kick my ass like conservative people do when I disagree with them on minimum wage laws or Wall Street, etc.

Last edited by Fleming_Ave; 06/19/16 09:31 AM.
Re: GOP or Democrat President Better for the Mob? [Re: Fleming_Ave] #885811
06/19/16 09:14 AM
06/19/16 09:14 AM
Upstate, NY
thedudeabides87 Offline
Underboss
thedudeabides87  Offline
Underboss
Upstate, NY

When I argue with liberal people about, for example, the Keystone XL Pipeline they never, call me a motherfucker, call me un-American, or threaten to kick my ass like conservative people do when I disagree with them on minimum wage laws or Wall Street, etc.

I guess it all depends on the experiences you have when discussing politics, I have never been in a situation where a conservative leaning individual has been ride or mean or anything like that. I can't say the same thing for liberal leaning for example my cousin and I were talking about "wage gape" I said that it was a myth and an individuals choices determine how much they make, she screamed in ny face called my a sexist brought up patriarchy and misogyny. She hasn't spoken to me in two years because of this.

Neither side is tolerant of different ideas but in my experience the left is more intolerant hypocritical. People going to and leaving Trump rallies (I dont support) are screamed at and physically assaulted, I don't thinly you will see that at any Bernie or Hillary rally.

Walter Sobchak: This guy f*cking walks. I've never been so sure of anything in my entire life
Re: GOP or Democrat President Better for the Mob? [Re: thedudeabides87] #885830
06/19/16 01:48 PM
06/19/16 01:48 PM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
"I said that it was a myth and an individuals choices determine how much they make"

Well, no wonder she was mean to you. It was probably the craziest thing she'd ever heard.

Last edited by OakAsFan; 06/19/16 01:48 PM.

Re: GOP or Democrat President Better for the Mob? [Re: NickyScarfo] #885831
06/19/16 01:52 PM
06/19/16 01:52 PM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
Regarding the Trump rallies, I seem to recall a black guy getting sucker punched while in custody of security. Yes, Trump supporters have had their heads on a swivel since. They know who to thank.

Re: GOP or Democrat President Better for the Mob? [Re: OakAsFan] #885840
06/19/16 03:27 PM
06/19/16 03:27 PM
S
SoCalGangs Offline
Underboss
SoCalGangs  Offline
S
Underboss
"I said that it was a myth and an individuals choices determine how much they make"

Well, no wonder she was mean to you. It was probably the craziest thing she'd ever heard.

Your post here is an example of the typical snarky non-argument kind of response that is way too common with the Left these days. Oh sure the Right has its own problems too but I'm talking about the Left right now.

All over the Internet, there's Lefties leaving these shit posts of nothingness.

Reminds of when I used to (sadly) watch the young Turks back when I was way more naive. These people sit around their desk making their smug snarky remarks, taking down straw man arguments, laughing and being hyper partisan. Never stopping to really consider the best arguments from another point of view.

This is the type of attitude that is the enemy of civilization itself. It's anti thinking. Just dismiss other opinions right off the bat and laugh or call names.
Pathetic.

Last edited by SoCalGangs; 06/19/16 03:28 PM.
Re: GOP or Democrat President Better for the Mob? [Re: OakAsFan] #885851
06/19/16 04:39 PM
06/19/16 04:39 PM
Upstate, NY
thedudeabides87 Offline
Underboss
thedudeabides87  Offline
Underboss
Upstate, NY
To SJWs and third wave feminist (really anyone though) facts and reality are crazy, but the choices you make have consequences and being a professional victim won't change reality which has been supported by multiple economists.

Re: GOP or Democrat President Better for the Mob? [Re: OakAsFan] #885853
06/19/16 05:04 PM
06/19/16 05:04 PM
Upstate, NY
thedudeabides87 Offline
Underboss
thedudeabides87  Offline
Underboss
Upstate, NY
Regarding the Trump rallies, I seem to recall a black guy getting sucker punched while in custody of security. Yes, Trump supporters have had their heads on a swivel since. They know who to thank.

Not condemning violence? Interesting

Re: GOP or Democrat President Better for the Mob? [Re: Fleming_Ave] #885856
06/19/16 05:25 PM
06/19/16 05:25 PM
S
SoCalGangs Offline
Underboss
SoCalGangs  Offline
S
Underboss
Originally Posted By: SoCalGangs

I think some of that "wanting to be nice" is just about being a gentleman or lady. Trying to disagree politely. I disagree with right wingers somewhat on some things, (economic issues), but I disagree with the left strongly on some issues. When I argue with liberal people about, for example, the Keystone XL Pipeline they never call me a motherfucker, call me un-American, or threaten to kick my ass like conservative people do when I disagree with them on minimum wage laws or Wall Street, etc.

Not in my experience.

People on the Left are brutal. I've had honest disagreements and have been called all kinds of names. Rarely has anyone politely disagreed. It's usually a dismissive snarky comment with no argument included or just vicious name calling. The Left is infamous for calling everyone that disagrees with them racist, sexist, greedy, selfish, stupid, nut job, crazy, the list goes on and on.

I don't think it's about being nice to everyone, more so about the apparence of being nice and caring and virtue signaling. Wanting to be liked by those in power and authority.

Re: GOP or Democrat President Better for the Mob? [Re: thedudeabides87] #885860
06/19/16 05:47 PM
06/19/16 05:47 PM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
A guy getting punched for no reason while in custody of security seems pretty violent.

Re: GOP or Democrat President Better for the Mob? [Re: NickyScarfo] #885861
06/19/16 05:49 PM
06/19/16 05:49 PM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
"SJWs"

"third wave feminists"

"Proffffffffesional victims"

Why am I hearing Rush Limbaugh?

Re: GOP or Democrat President Better for the Mob? [Re: NickyScarfo] #885863
06/19/16 06:28 PM
06/19/16 06:28 PM
S
SoCalGangs Offline
Underboss
SoCalGangs  Offline
S
Underboss
So one guy punches another guy and suddenly that erases all the bad ridiculous behavior by the Left?

Re: GOP or Democrat President Better for the Mob? [Re: NickyScarfo] #885867
06/19/16 06:41 PM
06/19/16 06:41 PM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
I feel like I'm being pulled into a partisan debate here...

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull