GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Toodoped), 282 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
Happy birthday Tommasino Neri.
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,438
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,840
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,508
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,307
Posts1,058,335
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Who were the Scariest Mafiosos? [Re: JackieAprile] #893710
09/13/16 12:33 PM
09/13/16 12:33 PM
Underground
Toodoped Online off
Murder Ink
Toodoped  Online Off
Murder Ink
Underboss
Underground
I dont know if we're talking about scary faces or scary reputation but here's few examples which had a little bit of both...

Salvatore Sam Cardinella

Rocco Pranno (first from the left)

Rocco Pranno

Fur Sammons

Sam Battaglia

Frank Buccieri

Albert "Obie" Frabotta

Billy Dauber

Frank Schweihs

Phil Alderisio

Jack Cerone

Sam "Sambo" Cesario

Alex Ross

He who can never endure the bad will never see the good
Re: Who were the Scariest Mafiosos? [Re: JackieAprile] #893735
09/13/16 03:33 PM
09/13/16 03:33 PM
R
Regoparker100 Offline
Made Member
Regoparker100  Offline
R
Made Member
What about Tony Spilotro and the Gemini Twins (Anthony Senter and Joseph Testa)?

Re: Who were the Scariest Mafiosos? [Re: JackieAprile] #893740
09/13/16 04:01 PM
09/13/16 04:01 PM
Green Grove Retirement Communi...
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
Not sure about Jack Cerone in that photo. He looks like Barney Fife.

"...the successful annihilation of organized crime's subculture in America would rock the 'legitimate' world's foundation, which would ultimately force fundamental social changes and redistributions of wealth and power in this country. Meyer Lansky's dream was to bond the two worlds together so that one could not survive without the other." - Dan E. Moldea
Re: Who were the Scariest Mafiosos? [Re: majicrat] #893899
09/15/16 02:40 AM
09/15/16 02:40 AM
far, northwest
Binnie_Coll Offline
Underboss
Binnie_Coll  Offline
Underboss
far, northwest
Originally Posted By: majicrat
Steve Flemmi, total creep, rapist and a killer despite being a WW2 hero. Carmine Galante I agree with based on what I've read. I will dispute Dellacroce, simply because after the Gallo beating he let it go. Cosa Nostra or not, I don't see an Anastasia, Gallo, Scarfo letting it go. And to be honest if he was so feared he wouldn't have gotten the beating to begin with. Just my opinion

the beating never happened, nothing ever written about the gallos mentions said beating, there apparently is no source.

" watch what you say around this guy, he's got a big mouth" sam giancana to an outfit soldier about frank Sinatra. [ from the book "my way"
Re: Who were the Scariest Mafiosos? [Re: Moe_Tilden] #893921
09/15/16 11:20 AM
09/15/16 11:20 AM
R
Regoparker100 Offline
Made Member
Regoparker100  Offline
R
Made Member
Originally Posted By: Moe_Tilden
Accetturo was no choirboy himself.

He had a vicious reputation.

He also didn't seem to understand that when you are in the mafia you are supposed to pass a percentage of the money you steal up the food chain.

Guys like him and Ricciardi were renegades, out for themselves.

I wouldn't put much stock in the spin that guys like him and Ricciardi come out with.

It has as much worth as D'Arco's outlandish Kimberly Hotel story.

I wonder what was going on in Tony Ducks' mind when he chose two violent hitmen as his successors. Up until Vic Amuso becoming boss in 1987, the Luccheses were the most peaceful of the five.

Re: Who were the Scariest Mafiosos? [Re: JackieAprile] #893947
09/15/16 03:58 PM
09/15/16 03:58 PM
BlueEyes Offline
Button
BlueEyes  Offline
Button
No doubt about it -- this day and age;
Michael Sarno from Chicago. He killed high leveled people and blew up a rival poker machine business i believe it was?
And this he did after the century shift. After 2000.
Guy is obviously in Prison but man he had the mindset of a violent 1930's gangster. Would not have messed with him.

''Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but then again the bible says to love thy enemy.'' - Frank Sinatra

''Oh, I just wish someone would try to hurt you so I could kill them for you.''
Re: Who were the Scariest Mafiosos? [Re: Regoparker100] #893948
09/15/16 04:19 PM
09/15/16 04:19 PM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Regoparker100
I wonder what was going on in Tony Ducks' mind when he chose two violent hitmen as his successors. Up until Vic Amuso becoming boss in 1987, the Luccheses were the most peaceful of the five.

I'm sure what was going on with the Gambinos and Genoveses had something to do with it. The peace had been broken.

"...the successful annihilation of organized crime's subculture in America would rock the 'legitimate' world's foundation, which would ultimately force fundamental social changes and redistributions of wealth and power in this country. Meyer Lansky's dream was to bond the two worlds together so that one could not survive without the other." - Dan E. Moldea
Re: Who were the Scariest Mafiosos? [Re: JackieAprile] #894017
09/16/16 02:53 PM
09/16/16 02:53 PM
J
JJChicago Offline
Button
JJChicago  Offline
J
Button
Without a doubt Frank Schweihs. Scared the shit out of other killers like the Spilotro brothers

Re: Who were the Scariest Mafiosos? [Re: JackieAprile] #894127
09/17/16 08:44 PM
09/17/16 08:44 PM
A
americafyeah Offline
Capo
americafyeah  Offline
A
Capo
lupo the wolf

Re: Who were the Scariest Mafiosos? [Re: americafyeah] #894131
09/17/16 09:33 PM
09/17/16 09:33 PM
Alfa Romeo Offline
Underboss
Alfa Romeo  Offline
Underboss
Lupo is one of the worst. The absolute worst. Next to degenerate murderer in the dictionary is a picture of that animal.

It was said that before prohibition, you could easily tell a mafia person apart from a civilian. The mob people weren't doing well back then. They looked like h e double hocky sticks. Then after prohibition, they put on the ritz and started blending into high society. Lupo is from the days when they looked like heck.

His worst photo is the classic one, where it looks like he just got back from his meat hook at the murder stables, like he hadn't taken a bath in like 3 weeks.

But for me, his scariest photo is actually the one of him as a old man, clean cut, shaved, seemingly civilized and mellowed out, hair combed and flawless, most of his mob life maybe left far far behind, except he is leering sideways into the camera like a lion in a zoo looking through a glass wall at visitors...wishing he could pounce on them. Disturbing. Disturbing the way he tilted his head. To understand this, you have to see the whole photo, not just the one that shows his head tilt, but his whole upper body.

"For us, rubbin'out a Mustache was just like makin' way for a new building, like we was in the construction business."
Re: Who were the Scariest Mafiosos? [Re: JackieAprile] #894144
09/18/16 01:01 AM
09/18/16 01:01 AM
far, northwest
Binnie_Coll Offline
Underboss
Binnie_Coll  Offline
Underboss
far, northwest
alfa, I believe you are referring to ignazio saietta, a blackhand of the early century, before LCN was established here, he owned a property known as the "murder stables" he was accused of having a part in the murder of joe petrosino, a cop who went to sicily, and was executed there. he was born 1877, and died 1947, his brother-in law, was ciro terranova. supposedly got his nick name by breeding wolfs, and when someone he wanted killed he would tie them up in a big leather bag, and put a wolf pup in with them. he was supposed to have done this all the time, but, like I say, who really knows?

" watch what you say around this guy, he's got a big mouth" sam giancana to an outfit soldier about frank Sinatra. [ from the book "my way"
Re: Who were the Scariest Mafiosos? [Re: Binnie_Coll] #894150
09/18/16 02:14 AM
09/18/16 02:14 AM
Alfa Romeo Offline
Underboss
Alfa Romeo  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Binnie_Coll
alfa, I believe you are referring to ignazio saietta, a blackhand of the early century, before LCN was established here, he owned a property known as the "murder stables" he was accused of having a part in the murder of joe petrosino, a cop who went to sicily, and was executed there. he was born 1877, and died 1947, his brother-in law, was ciro terranova. supposedly got his nick name by breeding wolfs, and when someone he wanted killed he would tie them up in a big leather bag, and put a wolf pup in with them. he was supposed to have done this all the time, but, like I say, who really knows?

Wow, I never heard the wolf story. That's ugly. I always read about Lupo hanging his political opponents on meat hooks down at his so-called murder stables. Yes, it's Saietta I am referring to.

It's funny you know. You look at his jailhouse photo where he is young and his hair is cut. He looks like a little kid.

Lupo in Jail?

Funny how far taking a bath will go. His other mugshots look savage.
Two different people.

Edit: I think the mugshot of Lupo with dark hair, black suit, and black tie on, a few posts above, was taken before the photo I linked. My photo might be from around or near 1920. Not sure about it though. He actually looks younger in my photo than in the possible older mugshots. Strange.

"For us, rubbin'out a Mustache was just like makin' way for a new building, like we was in the construction business."
Re: Who were the Scariest Mafiosos? [Re: JackieAprile] #894156
09/18/16 06:23 AM
09/18/16 06:23 AM
S
SinatraClub Offline
Underboss
SinatraClub  Offline
S
Underboss
Lupo was said to be not a force as an old man, nor after he was released from prison. Its said that he and Morello would try appeal after appeal once they was locked up in Sing Sing, I think it was, and once those failed, it really crushed the both of them. Morello was able to be released and reclaim his status within the Masseria family, but Lupo was just left alone and lived well into old age, before dying. There was a statement he made in which he says he wishes he was still a little boy in Italy, because then he never would've been exposed to the mafia. He expressed some serious regret of his life choices. Prison really messed him up, the photo of him as an old man I think shows that, so we have two different interpretations of that photo. To me he looks like a guy just waiting to die. Also the fact that he wasnt bothered, had no known role in the hostilities between Masseria & Maranzano and even simply living as long as he did, especially during those days, proves that he was a changed, and dejected man. He lost his position during his time in prison and never sought to gain it back during all those years after his release.

Last edited by SinatraClub; 09/18/16 06:24 AM.
Re: Who were the Scariest Mafiosos? [Re: Binnie_Coll] #894157
09/18/16 06:28 AM
09/18/16 06:28 AM
S
SinatraClub Offline
Underboss
SinatraClub  Offline
S
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Binnie_Coll

A woman was the initial owner of the murder stables, Saietta was just kept after her horses. While owner, she let the Morellos use that place as a grounds for torture and killing. She was eventually killed directly outside of the stables and I think thats when Saietta took over the place. All this stuff is covered in Mike Dash' "The First Family" book.

Re: Who were the Scariest Mafiosos? [Re: JackieAprile] #894159
09/18/16 06:55 AM
09/18/16 06:55 AM
Chicago
C
CabriniGreen Offline
Underboss
CabriniGreen  Offline
C
Underboss
Chicago
@Sinatra

You are the first person I've seen on here mention the Morello book. I didn't think anyone on here had read it but it's a must for that time period, as well as tracing the origins of the Genovese family, and indeed, the others too. He mentions D' Aquila, Mineo, the Terranovas. It's a really good read, awhile back someone posted an article of the Morellos counterfeit operation. An old newspaper article, I wanted to suggest First Family to em.

Good stuff man...

Re: Who were the Scariest Mafiosos? [Re: CabriniGreen] #894164
09/18/16 10:19 AM
09/18/16 10:19 AM
Alfa Romeo Offline
Underboss
Alfa Romeo  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: CabriniGreen

Good stuff man...

I agree.

Re: Who were the Scariest Mafiosos? [Re: JackieAprile] #894199
09/18/16 04:58 PM
09/18/16 04:58 PM
D
Dwalin2011 Offline
Underboss
Dwalin2011  Offline
D
Underboss
Toodoped, where did you find the Sam Cardinella photo? I thought there weren't any, he isn't a widely known character, even though he is the only gang boss ever executed in Chicago I think (another proof Lepke Buchalter wasn't the first mobster in USA history to get the death sentence).

Willie Marfeo to Henry Tameleo:

1) "You people want a loaf of bread and you throw the crumbs back. Well, fuck you. I ain't closing down."

2) "Get out of here, old man. Go tell Raymond to go shit in his hat. We're not giving you anything."
Re: Who were the Scariest Mafiosos? [Re: Dwalin2011] #894321
09/19/16 07:08 PM
09/19/16 07:08 PM
Underground
Toodoped Online off
Murder Ink
Toodoped  Online Off
Murder Ink
Underboss
Underground
Originally Posted By: Dwalin2011
Toodoped, where did you find the Sam Cardinella photo? I thought there weren't any, he isn't a widely known character, even though he is the only gang boss ever executed in Chicago I think (another proof Lepke Buchalter wasn't the first mobster in USA history to get the death sentence).

I just searched for Cardinella smile You can check out one of my previous articles on the Cardinella mob, its called the Devil

http://www.gangsterbb.net/threads/ubbthr...9682#Post889682

He who can never endure the bad will never see the good
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull