GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
3 registered members (Toodoped, TheKillingJoke, 1 invisible), 60 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,618
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,128
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,518
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,386
Posts1,059,768
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10
Re: Sal Montagna shot and killed! [Re: Dapper_Don] #647165
05/13/12 11:16 AM
05/13/12 11:16 AM
NJ
carmela Offline
Underboss
carmela  Offline
Underboss
NJ
Oh my God, make it stop. Quit all the whining already. It's nice over here and if you want to make it better, bring something to the table other than whaaaaaa I want into RD whaaaaaa. It's not some secret society over there. People... stop worrying about what's going on in other places and just enjoy where you are.
RD is a forum, just like this one, only it's run by a big Dutch dictator with an iron fist and his noble (although castrated) second in command.

Happy Mother's Day!

Last edited by carmela; 05/13/12 11:17 AM.

La madre degli idioti e' sempre incinta.

Re: Sal Montagna shot and killed! [Re: carmela] #647167
05/13/12 11:53 AM
05/13/12 11:53 AM
Amsterdam
C
Chopper2012 Offline
Capo
Chopper2012  Offline
C
Capo
Amsterdam
Originally Posted By: carmela
RD is a forum, just like this one, only it's run by a big Dutch dictator with an iron fist and his noble (although castrated) second in command.

Happy Mother's Day!

Never trust the Dutch lol !

I agree 100% though. This forum is fine too, plus it's insulting to the owner/moderators of the BB to come here, and do nothing but whine about the RD and ask members if they please, please can have an invite.

Relax. Enjoy your time here, use the search function if you want to learn something about american organised crime. And if you want an invite to the RD, pm a member. Don't be so obvious about it.

Re: Sal Montagna shot and killed! [Re: Dapper_Don] #647170
05/13/12 12:06 PM
05/13/12 12:06 PM
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss
Agreed with both. Although the real deal is a somewhat secret society because it's not an open forum like this one. But you can have as much fun here as over there. Now stop whining and show some respect. wink

"It was between the brothers Kay -- I had nothing to do with it."
Re: Sal Montagna shot and killed! [Re: Dapper_Don] #647171
05/13/12 12:10 PM
05/13/12 12:10 PM
Newcastle Upon Tyne
short841 Offline
Underboss
short841  Offline
Underboss
Newcastle Upon Tyne
sorry if i pissed you all off :S, dont get me wrong I like it here but does sound interesting over there, wheny out alk about these charts etc smile

"You shouldn’t be embarrassed by your wealth. This contempt for money is another trick by the rich to keep the poor without it" - Michael Corleone

"You don't have to count the dead to understand the business of the Camorra" Gomorrah, Roberto Saviano
Re: Sal Montagna shot and killed! [Re: Chopper2012] #647175
05/13/12 01:10 PM
05/13/12 01:10 PM
Queenstown, New Zealand
NickyScarfo Offline
Underboss
NickyScarfo  Offline
Underboss
Queenstown, New Zealand
Originally Posted By: Chopper2012

Happy Mother's Day!

Never trust the Dutch lol !

I agree 100% though. This forum is fine too, plus it's insulting to the owner/moderators of the BB to come here, and do nothing but whine about the RD and ask members if they please, please can have an invite.

Relax. Enjoy your time here, use the search function if you want to learn something about american organised crime. And if you want an invite to the RD, pm a member. Don't be so obvious about it.

yeah and let's be honest, Ivy is here as well as there so usually whatever you want to know about OC gets answered smile

Re: Sal Montagna shot and killed! [Re: Dapper_Don] #647184
05/13/12 02:51 PM
05/13/12 02:51 PM
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss
Ivyleague is the messaggero between both forums. But lately I've been told the dons are not happy with him being away too much doing business without informing them and so they question his loyalty.

Re: Sal Montagna shot and killed! [Re: Dapper_Don] #647185
05/13/12 02:59 PM
05/13/12 02:59 PM
Newcastle Upon Tyne
short841 Offline
Underboss
short841  Offline
Underboss
Newcastle Upon Tyne
On a curious note, been reading Mafia Inc today, and talked about Moreno Gallo. you know he was sent back to italy? has he tried to get back into Canada or no new lately?

"You shouldn’t be embarrassed by your wealth. This contempt for money is another trick by the rich to keep the poor without it" - Michael Corleone

"You don't have to count the dead to understand the business of the Camorra" Gomorrah, Roberto Saviano
Re: Sal Montagna shot and killed! [Re: Dapper_Don] #647189
05/13/12 03:23 PM
05/13/12 03:23 PM
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss
Doesn't seem like it. Shortly before he left the country police had informed him that his life was in danger. I've read reports that state the Bonanno family had put out a contract on him and Desjardins because of their role in the murder of Montagna.

Re: Sal Montagna shot and killed! [Re: Sonny_Black] #647193
05/13/12 04:09 PM
05/13/12 04:09 PM
12th & Cleveland KCMO
K
KCGizzo Offline
Wiseguy
KCGizzo  Offline
K
Wiseguy
12th & Cleveland KCMO
You think they'll try to get to him over there? The cops/rcmp/feds probably knew all along who's throwing the blows and why if they were able to notify him that he was in play. Informants in the know, with the Bonanno higher-ups? And not to be a di*k, but are you gonna post them Montreal charts over here, too?

Re: Sal Montagna shot and killed! [Re: Dapper_Don] #647195
05/13/12 04:28 PM
05/13/12 04:28 PM
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss
I'm not planning to post them here anytime soon. Most of it is still guesswork anyway. As of now new information keeps popping up. Just follow the news and you will learn a lot yourself. I doubt the Bonannos are going to look for Gallo in Italy, if they are looking for him in the first place.

Re: Sal Montagna shot and killed! [Re: Dapper_Don] #647196
05/13/12 04:34 PM
05/13/12 04:34 PM
M
m2w Offline
Underboss
m2w  Offline
M
Underboss
i wonder which side is gallo anyway, i heard tony mucci was at the funeral of cun trera, so mucci his close to both gallo and cun trera
anyway if they want they can cath gallo in italy, the bonannos have strong links to sicily and the sicilians with the ndrangheta, so if they want him dead hes not safe at all in italy

Re: Sal Montagna shot and killed! [Re: short841] #647238
05/13/12 10:37 PM
05/13/12 10:37 PM
Toronto
M
Mick2010 Offline
Button
Mick2010  Offline
M
Button
Toronto
Originally Posted By: short841
On a curious note, been reading Mafia Inc today, and talked about Moreno Gallo. you know he was sent back to italy? has he tried to get back into Canada or no new lately?

http://www.torontosun.com/2012/01/25/deported-killer-wants-to-return-to-canada

Quote:
MONTREAL — A suspected adviser to the Rizzuto crime family, who agreed to be deported to Italy, has done an about-face and now wants a Federal Court judge to approve his return to Canada.

Moreno Gallo, a convicted murderer and popular baker in Montreal's Little Italy neighbourhood, filed the motion days after his expulsion on Jan. 4.

The Canada Border Services Agency says Gallo has an "active implication in organized crime."

The 66-year-old had said through his lawyer that he'd rather live in Europe than face assassination amid an ongoing purge of top Rizzuto figures.

But in court documents filed in Winnipeg, Gallo says he is known as an upstanding citizen in Montreal, where he immigrated when he was nine years old.

"Our bakery employs 15 people, including members of my family," he wrote to the court. "My family and I provide donations through charities. We provide pizza to poor children and give to local campaigns. Personally I help the poor and homeless of the community. They know they can always find food and comfort in our bakery."

Gallo, from Italy's southern Calabria region, worked with the Rizzutos after an earlier affiliation with the Cotroni clan, sources tell QMI Agency. He had been under lifetime parole conditions for the 1973 murder of a drug dealer, a crime for which he served 10 years in prison.

Despite the convictions, Gallo says Canada was wrong to revoke his permanent residency.

"Authorities knew about Mr. Gallo's permanent residency since 1970 and did not act, allowing him to settle down, raise a family, (start a) business, etc," defence lawyer Marie-Helene Giroux said.

Gallo says he considers himself to be Canadian after spending 57 years in the country.

"Canada has been my home since my arrival," he argues in court documents. "I was nine when I arrived in Canada. I have no recollection of Italy."

Gallo would be subject to strict conditions if he's ever allowed to return to Canada.

Could be a long process for him to get back in though.

Re: Sal Montagna shot and killed! [Re: Dapper_Don] #647282
05/14/12 12:18 PM
05/14/12 12:18 PM
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss
If he's planning to continue fighting his extradition and go back to Canada there was no reason for him to leave the country in the first place. Just after police warned him that his life was in danger he left the country.

This latest statement is probably a last effort to not loose face. Or maybe he wants to return when the dust settles. He's either permanently in Italy or because he's hiding. Arcadi did the same when he feared for his life.

Re: Sal Montagna shot and killed! [Re: Sonny_Black] #647310
05/14/12 02:31 PM
05/14/12 02:31 PM
Toronto
M
Mick2010 Offline
Button
Mick2010  Offline
M
Button
Toronto
Originally Posted By: Sonny_Black
If he's planning to continue fighting his extradition and go back to Canada there was no reason for him to leave the country in the first place. Just after police warned him that his life was in danger he left the country.

This latest statement is probably a last effort to not loose face. Or maybe he wants to return when the dust settles. He's either permanently in Italy or because he's hiding. Arcadi did the same when he feared for his life.

Thats what I figure. Hes lived in Canada for 57 years, I think he definitely wants back in, but right now, I doubt hes in a hurry to get back.

Re: Sal Montagna shot and killed! [Re: Mick2010] #649473
06/01/12 04:43 PM
06/01/12 04:43 PM
A
antimafia Offline
Underboss
antimafia  Offline
A
Underboss
On p. 325 of the English-language Mafia inc. book is the following:

From his cell in Brooklyn, Massino managed to get a message out to a man he trusted. He asked that man to travel to Canada and inform Vito of Vitale's treachery. In the end, however, the mission fell to a member of the Gambino family. The meeting was held in a shopping centre in Longueuil, on Montreal's South Shore. Fearing he could be arrested any day, Vito fled Canada two weeks later with his wife, Giovanna.

See Excerpt from p. 325 of _Mafia inc._ Although the excact date of the meeting between this Gambino member and Vito is not provided, it must have been held in February 2003, based on the context in the paragraph.

carmela, others:

Any opinions as to whether the Gambino Family member who was an emissary was an Inzerillo? Someone related to the Inzerillos? Would Frank Cali have been too high profile to have travelled to Montreal?

Please note that the word "member" might not necessarily mean a made Gambino. Recall that Mafia inc. was written in French and then translated. As well, Canadian organized-crime writers and journalists often use the word "member" generically.

Last edited by antimafia; 06/01/12 04:49 PM.
Re: Sal Montagna shot and killed! [Re: Dapper_Don] #649517
06/01/12 10:12 PM
06/01/12 10:12 PM
NJ
carmela Offline
Underboss
carmela  Offline
Underboss
NJ
antimafia, I would say that Cali would not have been in Montreal at that time. Other than that, I am of no help. Could have been any one of them.

La madre degli idioti e' sempre incinta.

Re: Sal Montagna shot and killed! [Re: carmela] #649913
06/04/12 03:54 PM
06/04/12 03:54 PM
A
antimafia Offline
Underboss
antimafia  Offline
A
Underboss
antimafia, I would say that Cali would not have been in Montreal at that time. Other than that, I am of no help. Could have been any one of them.

carmela:

Thanks for the insight.

Back on February 8, 2008, The Sixth Family co-author Adrian Humphreys wrote an article in Canada's National Post about the Old Bridge operation's transatlantic mafia arrests, in particular those of Filippo Casamento and Giovanni Inzerillo.

From the article:

On Jan. 22, 2004, anti-Mafia investigators in Montreal called colleagues in Toronto in a panic, saying Messrs. Casamento and Inzerillo were about to arrive at Pearson airport.

The pair was expected to fly from Sicily to Montreal but suddenly changed their destination to Toronto.

"We mustered a crew together and watched them get off the plane and check into the Sheraton hotel," said retired RCMP Staff Sergeant Larry Tronstad, who is now a partner with Detek Investigative Group, a private security firm in Toronto.

"He's walking around downtown like he'd been here a thousand times. He knew where he was going, where to get the shuttle bus, where to get his espresso."

I wonder whether changing their destination from Montreal to Toronto was a diversionary tactic. If not, I wonder whether they would have met with individuals in the old Rizzuto organization to discuss new drug routes and pipelines.

Re: Sal Montagna shot and killed! [Re: Dapper_Don] #651711
06/16/12 10:32 AM
06/16/12 10:32 AM
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss
This article was posted by antimafia on the real deal forum. It suggests that members of the Rizzuto clan are making a comeback.

Link to article:

http://www.journaldemontreal.com/2012/0 ... elle-large

Google translation:

Wide criminal alliance
Mafia, Hells, West End Gang, Syndicates form the network of suspected traffickers dismantled Thursday
DANIEL RENAUD
JOURNAL DE MONTREAL, POSTED ON: FRIDAY, JUNE 15, 2012, 10:30 P.M. | UPDATED: FRIDAY, JUNE 15, 2012, 10:40 P.M.

Is unity strength in this period of criminal instability? At least three distinct groups, the Mafia, the Hells, and the West End Gang operated together the cocaine trafficking ring dismantled Thursday by Montreal police.

The ten people arrested, eight men and two women, appeared yesterday in Montreal. They faced a litany of charges, including cocaine trafficking and weapons possession.

One of them, Sylvain Nuckle, 52, an individual with a heavy criminal record, would be a henchman of the West End Gang we have heard more about for the past year and a half.

Another, Marcus Barthelus, 31, is the brother of John Winsing Barthelus, member of the Syndicates, a group in the pay of the Hells Angels. Jean-Winsing was arrested in a major operation conducted in 2008, Project Axe.

The Syndicates, whose godfather is Gregory Wooley, a former member of the Rockers, a former farm club of the Hells Angels, would lead off in downtown Montreal since leaving prison guardian, almost a year ago.

Other individuals arrested have a long track record. Gaétan Ponton, 53, and Guy Therrien, 47, were sentenced to prison terms of six years and four years imprisonment for cases of hashish and cocaine from the early 2000s.

The Mafia

Among the 10 individuals arrested, there are also Nico Ouellet, 39, who has been arrested along with an Angelo Follano in 2000.

But Follano was arrested for importing drugs during the broad anti-mafia raids in 2006, Project Colisée.

To catch him, the police had approached an individual who had infiltrated the amateur baseball team in which he and his accomplices were playing.

The Rizzutos?

Other individuals targeted in the investigation that led to searches would also be linked to the Mafia, specifically the Rizzuto clan, according to reports which have however not been confirmed.

According to sources, the former dominant clan, beheaded during a vendetta orchestrated by cells of the mafia in 2009-2010, has been recovering little by little since the murder of Salvatore Montagna and the arrest of Raynald Desjardins and his conspirators, all accused of murder.

Former old allies of the Rizzutos, packed by the ephemeral new Mafia bosses, have begun to rally, four months before a possible return of the imprisoned godfather Vito Rizzuto.

Regularly in downtown Montreal, relatives of the clan would be seen in the company of people associated with bikers, street gangs or Turkish, Russian or Arabic criminal groups.

It seems more than ever in these troubled times, the trend is for the clans to unite to make money.

Re: Sal Montagna shot and killed! [Re: Dapper_Don] #651712
06/16/12 10:44 AM
06/16/12 10:44 AM
New Jersey
Five_Felonies Offline
Underboss
Five_Felonies  Offline
Underboss
New Jersey
nice find, thanks. whats the deal with the west end gang up there? are they still semi organized or just running on fumes? any idea about the number of members?

It's either blue cheese with wings or go fuck yer mudda!
Re: Sal Montagna shot and killed! [Re: Dapper_Don] #651720
06/16/12 12:19 PM
06/16/12 12:19 PM
EddieCoyle Offline
Capo
EddieCoyle  Offline
Capo
Well many people argue there really isn't an actual organization known as the West End Gang or the Irish mob in Montreal. Its a title that was simply given to a group of men, by the media/police who occasionally worked/scammed/robbed/imported together. I dont think its an organization in the mafia sense, thus no official membership. Think the Westies in New York.
At least now a days. Dunie Ryan, a Whitey-esque gangster from 30 odd years ago had a large Irish criminal organization.
I think the "West End Gang" criminals that are still active today are either former members of Ryan's old group or are descendents/apprentices of those members which is what has kept the term West End Gang alive.

Okla: Lie to no one. If there 's somebody close to you, you'll ruin it with a lie. If they're a stranger, who the fuck are they you gotta lie to them?
Re: Sal Montagna shot and killed! [Re: Dapper_Don] #864625
10/26/15 09:53 AM
10/26/15 09:53 AM
A
antimafia Offline
Underboss
antimafia  Offline
A
Underboss
According to Gaspare Valenti, Vinny Asaro didn't know about Sal Montagna's murder in Charlemagne, Quebec.

Link to French-language article:

http://www.lapresse.ca/international/eta...eux-mafieux.php

Last edited by antimafia; 10/26/15 02:01 PM. Reason: I incorrectly typed "Giuseppe Valenti" instead of _Gaspare Valenti_.
Re: Sal Montagna shot and killed! [Re: Dapper_Don] #864626
10/26/15 10:16 AM
10/26/15 10:16 AM
S
SinatraClub Offline
Underboss
SinatraClub  Offline
S
Underboss
Lol, guess he really was Persona Non Grata.

"I don't even know what's going on in Ozone Park..." And he lived there. LMAO!!!!

Re: Sal Montagna shot and killed! [Re: Dapper_Don] #864627
10/26/15 10:22 AM
10/26/15 10:22 AM
G
gangstereport Offline
Underboss
gangstereport  Offline
G
Underboss
i knew he was not doing well financily but did not realize he was this broke

and what is a capo doing planning to rob a drug dealer for 2k

Not connected with scott or anyone at gangsterreport

Sorry for the confusion
Re: Sal Montagna shot and killed! [Re: Dapper_Don] #885140
06/10/16 02:02 PM
06/10/16 02:02 PM
A
antimafia Offline
Underboss
antimafia  Offline
A
Underboss
Link below is to an article that may be the best thing you will have read today.

http://montrealgazette.com/news/local-ne...he-montagna-hit

Re: Sal Montagna shot and killed! [Re: Dapper_Don] #885141
06/10/16 02:26 PM
06/10/16 02:26 PM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

Good stuff.

I invoke my right under the 5th amendment of the United States constitution and decline to answer the question.
Re: Sal Montagna shot and killed! [Re: Dapper_Don] #885142
06/10/16 02:29 PM
06/10/16 02:29 PM
S
SinatraClub Offline
Underboss
SinatraClub  Offline
S
Underboss
Thank you for the article anti. Nicaso and the other author of the Business Or Blood book was on the money the entire time, all the way down to what Di Maulo told investigators. Which shows they had access to these texts years ago. But nice to see some of the actual texts sent between Desjardins and Mirarchi, that's insane. These guys are caught red handed. Its going to be interesting to see how these guys will manage to get off from this. Montagna had literally NO support, aside from the Arcuri's. And the guy who infiltrated his group and got his phone cloned for the Desjardins group is said to be Giuseppe Colapelle. Once his alliance with Desjardins ended , Montagna was literally a dead man walking. I think this puts an end to the speculation that he had backing from the Bonannos.

Re: Sal Montagna shot and killed! [Re: antimafia] #885143
06/10/16 02:30 PM
06/10/16 02:30 PM
Ted Offline
Underboss
Ted  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: antimafia
Link below is to an article that may be the best thing you will have read today.

http://montrealgazette.com/news/local-ne...he-montagna-hit

You weren't lying. clap

"I die outside; I die in jail. It don't matter to me," -John Franzese
Re: Sal Montagna shot and killed! [Re: Dapper_Don] #885144
06/10/16 03:14 PM
06/10/16 03:14 PM
A
azguy Offline
Underboss
azguy  Offline
A
Underboss
Fascinating, great read !!

"In onore della Famiglia la Famiglia e' aperta"
Re: Sal Montagna shot and killed! [Re: SinatraClub] #885151
06/10/16 04:36 PM
06/10/16 04:36 PM
Ted Offline
Underboss
Ted  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: SinatraClub
Once his alliance with Desjardins ended, Montagna was literally a dead man walking.

uhwhat

"I die outside; I die in jail. It don't matter to me," -John Franzese
Re: Sal Montagna shot and killed! [Re: Dapper_Don] #885152
06/10/16 04:38 PM
06/10/16 04:38 PM
H
Holyoke Offline
Capo
Holyoke  Offline
H
Capo
That was a great read. I still can't beliveve Montagna had some people on his side. I mean, he got deported and shortly after he's all over the place making moves, meeting people etc. He had some power but... How did that happen???

Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull