GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (VanillaLimeCoke, 1 invisible), 359 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,446
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,850
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,509
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,312
Posts1,058,406
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Rocco Sollecito shot dead [Re: TommyGambino] #884432
06/01/16 05:07 PM
06/01/16 05:07 PM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

could this guy be the last american made member killed up there? seems he was under vito and nick probaly was inducted into the bonanno family when rusty or massino was boss. he made his bones in the violi killing makes sense they all have been killed.

Re: Rocco Sollecito shot dead [Re: BobbyPazzo] #884446
06/01/16 08:58 PM
06/01/16 08:58 PM
Ted Offline
Underboss
Ted  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: BobbyPazzo
I don't know anything about what's going on up there being I'm from jersey but these guys are the real deal. They make American CN look like the minor leagues. They talk less and shoot more. Crazy. This shit would never go down out here in this day and age. I don't condone it but you gotta give these guys their respect. They live the life to the fullest extent. No half stepping.

The US would be the same way if it had the lax criminal laws that Canada has.

"I die outside; I die in jail. It don't matter to me," -John Franzese
Re: Rocco Sollecito shot dead [Re: Ted] #884452
06/01/16 11:57 PM
06/01/16 11:57 PM
SonnyBlackstein Offline
Underboss
SonnyBlackstein  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Ted
I don't know anything about what's going on up there being I'm from jersey but these guys are the real deal. They make American CN look like the minor leagues. They talk less and shoot more. Crazy. This shit would never go down out here in this day and age. I don't condone it but you gotta give these guys their respect. They live the life to the fullest extent. No half stepping.

The US would be the same way if it had the lax criminal laws that Canada has.

Actually it's much more to do with how much more European Italian Canadians are.
Italian Americans are westernized in culture. Italian Canadians are much closer to their Italian forebears in culture, upbringing, attitude, segregation etc.

It's commonly accepted the death penalty doesn't deter and it's the same philosophy regarding Canadian LCN vs US.

They hit people left and right in Canada not out of lack of fear for conviction but because that's the culture. More literal Italian than Canadian.

MORGAN: Why didn't you fight him at the park if you wanted to? I'm not goin' now, I'm eatin' my snack.
CHUCKIE: Morgan, Let's go.
MORGAN: I'm serious Chuckie, I ain't goin'.
WILL: So don't go.
Re: Rocco Sollecito shot dead [Re: TommyGambino] #884457
06/02/16 01:27 AM
06/02/16 01:27 AM
B
BronaZora Offline
Button
BronaZora  Offline
B
Button
This is a huge hit for sure, what's happening up in Canada begs for a movie or a TV show, it's pretty crazy. Anyways, assuming that the hit came from a group other than the Arcadi crew, then it's safe to assume that the Montreal Mob is no longer a single family, but rather split families/crews gunning for the port, and I don't see them co-existing peacefully anytime soon like the 5 families of NY for example.

This is also a testimony that Vito Rizzuto must be one of the best bosses of all time to be able to hold all these crews together operating as a single independent family. He was probably the only figure that kept the Montreal Mob powerful and competitive with the the Siderno group, with his passing the 'Ndrangheta hold the power in Canada easily.

These guys might be old school and all, but with such death rate this can't be good for business.

Re: Rocco Sollecito shot dead [Re: Ciment] #884464
06/02/16 06:35 AM
06/02/16 06:35 AM
S
SinatraClub Offline
Underboss
SinatraClub  Offline
S
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Ciment
The last paragraph from your last message clarifies it all. I understand how you arrived at that conclusion. I respect that arguement.

Appreciate that. I also wouldn't be too surprised if I was proven to be completely wrong on this one, lol.

As far as the comparison between Canada & America. I think its a combination of the laws being more lax in Canada, and the lack of a law like RICO, which I believe that if Canada had something similar, it would prove to be just as destabilizing to Canadian organized crime groups, as it is to ours in the states. I also think the link to the old worlds and the constant ties to Sicily and Calabria attributes to the way of life for a lot of these guys. But you can't say as a whole that that's what its all about. Because you have the Biker groups and the Street Gangs, where most of their members are Canadian born, and most Canadians are somewhat Americanized, or they're French Canadian, and both those groups that consist of a large portion of membership for both the mentioned crime organizations, have proven to be just as violent. So, I don't know, I'd lean more towards the lack of a RICO, that contributes heavily to the violence we see among the Canadian Organized Crime groups.

Re: Rocco Sollecito shot dead [Re: BronaZora] #884465
06/02/16 06:39 AM
06/02/16 06:39 AM
S
SinatraClub Offline
Underboss
SinatraClub  Offline
S
Underboss
Originally Posted By: BronaZora
This is a huge hit for sure, what's happening up in Canada begs for a movie or a TV show, it's pretty crazy. Anyways, assuming that the hit came from a group other than the Arcadi crew, then it's safe to assume that the Montreal Mob is no longer a single family, but rather split families/crews gunning for the port, and I don't see them co-existing peacefully anytime soon like the 5 families of NY for example.

This is also a testimony that Vito Rizzuto must be one of the best bosses of all time to be able to hold all these crews together operating as a single independent family. He was probably the only figure that kept the Montreal Mob powerful and competitive with the the Siderno group, with his passing the 'Ndrangheta hold the power in Canada easily.

These guys might be old school and all, but with such death rate this can't be good for business.

Of course they do, but this was beginning to happen even while Vito was alive. And it remains to be seen if they truly control Montreal to the point where they're using the Montreal Mafia, and Montreals other crime orgs like literal puppets for their sole benefit.

Re: Rocco Sollecito shot dead [Re: SinatraClub] #884482
06/02/16 12:23 PM
06/02/16 12:23 PM
M
mike68 Offline
Underboss
mike68  Offline
M
Underboss
Originally Posted By: SinatraClub
Originally Posted By: Ciment
The last paragraph from your last message clarifies it all. I understand how you arrived at that conclusion. I respect that arguement.

Appreciate that. I also wouldn't be too surprised if I was proven to be completely wrong on this one, lol.

As far as the comparison between Canada & America. I think its a combination of the laws being more lax in Canada, and the lack of a law like RICO, which I believe that if Canada had something similar, it would prove to be just as destabilizing to Canadian organized crime groups, as it is to ours in the states. I also think the link to the old worlds and the constant ties to Sicily and Calabria attributes to the way of life for a lot of these guys. But you can't say as a whole that that's what its all about. Because you have the Biker groups and the Street Gangs, where most of their members are Canadian born, and most Canadians are somewhat Americanized, or they're French Canadian, and both those groups that consist of a large portion of membership for both the mentioned crime organizations, have proven to be just as violent. So, I don't know, I'd lean more towards the lack of a RICO, that contributes heavily to the violence we see among the Canadian Organized Crime groups.

I agree that the truth is a combination of the culture and the law. If Canada had their own version of a RICO statute or a three strikes law, then I think there would be at least a dent put into the brazeness of the killings in Montreal and Toronto. I would love to know if this has been looked into in Canadian law enforcement and government circles?

Re: Rocco Sollecito shot dead [Re: pmac] #884483
06/02/16 12:41 PM
06/02/16 12:41 PM
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: pmac
could this guy be the last american made member killed up there? seems he was under vito and nick probaly was inducted into the bonanno family when rusty or massino was boss. he made his bones in the violi killing makes sense they all have been killed.

There stil a few others left, such as Arcadi and Emanuele Ragusa. Probably a few others as well, but many of them have died, natural or not...

"It was between the brothers Kay -- I had nothing to do with it."
Re: Rocco Sollecito shot dead [Re: SinatraClub] #884489
06/02/16 01:38 PM
06/02/16 01:38 PM
B
BronaZora Offline
Button
BronaZora  Offline
B
Button

Of course they do, but this was beginning to happen even while Vito was alive. And it remains to be seen if they truly control Montreal to the point where they're using the Montreal Mafia, and Montreals other crime orgs like literal puppets for their sole benefit.

I don't think this was happening before Vito went to jail, there was no question who controlled Montreal back then, it was the Rizzutos, things began to crumble when Vito went jail, there was no charismatic leader left to keep it all together, so it fell apart.

The 'Ndranghea does not have to come control any puppets in Montreal to be the power, the lack of stability over there is in itself an advantage for them, though I have no doubt they will probably try to bud in and install a puppet boss that will benefit them.

Re: Rocco Sollecito shot dead [Re: BronaZora] #884493
06/02/16 01:56 PM
06/02/16 01:56 PM
S
SinatraClub Offline
Underboss
SinatraClub  Offline
S
Underboss

I don't think this was happening before Vito went to jail, there was no question who controlled Montreal back then, it was the Rizzutos, things began to crumble when Vito went jail, there was no charismatic leader left to keep it all together, so it fell apart.

The 'Ndranghea does not have to come control any puppets in Montreal to be the power, the lack of stability over there is in itself an advantage for them, though I have no doubt they will probably try to bud in and install a puppet boss that will benefit them.

I didn't say before Vito went to jail, I said while Vito was still alive. It began as soon as he was extradited. Sal Montagna was making inroads to the Toronto clans and those in Hamilton, he was basically recruiting help, I think Desjardins was doing the same. When Vito got out of prison, the 'Ndrangheta was arguably the most powerful crime group in Canada. The fact that it didn't take this long to accomplish this goal, lends credence to the thought that this was already beginning to happen before Vito went to prison. Its said by some that the 'Ndrangheta in Ontario basically forced Vito to act and get rid of Panepinto after he murdered two 'Ndranghesti. I don't know how true that is, but its said in The Sixth Family. If it is true, then obviously the 'Ndrangheta were beginning to grow in stature and match that of the Montreal Mob. And they always had links to the Gambinos and other families in NY, this didn't just happen after Vito went away, the 'Ndrangheta were creating alliances with the families across the way since like the Seventies, maybe earlierw, which aided their power. They were already the most powerful group in the Toronto area since then.

And its argued that Montagna was already that puppet boss of the 'Ndrangheta, despite him being a Bonanno, they may have just washed their hands of him once he was deported. In order for them to insert themselves and establish a puppet boss now, then do they not have to be the puppeteers for the Montreal organization now? They DONT have to do such a thing to be the most powerful crime group in CANADA. But to be such in MONTREAL, they do have to have some amount of control over the other Montreal crime groups, seeing as they wouldn't be the only Calabrian crime group in Montreal, nor the only one period.

Last edited by SinatraClub; 06/02/16 01:59 PM.
Re: Rocco Sollecito shot dead [Re: TommyGambino] #884514
06/02/16 06:35 PM
06/02/16 06:35 PM
S
SinatraClub Offline
Underboss
SinatraClub  Offline
S
Underboss
Not even going to talk about this murder until I know its a related killing.

Last edited by SinatraClub; 06/02/16 07:02 PM.
Re: Rocco Sollecito shot dead [Re: BronaZora] #884515
06/02/16 06:41 PM
06/02/16 06:41 PM
Alabama
D
dixiemafia Offline
ROLL TIDE!!!!!
dixiemafia  Offline
ROLL TIDE!!!!!
D
Underboss
Alabama
Of course they do, but this was beginning to happen even while Vito was alive.

I'll have to disagree somewhat. Yea Vito was still alive, but he was locked up in the U.S. We seen what happened once he came back home.

Originally Posted By: Sonny_Black
There stil a few others left, such as Arcadi and Emanuele Ragusa

Didn't Ragusa get out of the game after getting out? I know there has been NOTHING about him in the papers or anything since he did. Supposedly him and Vito were best friends.

Very true. He was well known for keeping everyone happy (majority anyways). He had the Hell's Angels, the street gangs, and everybody else in between was working together under Vito.

Very true. They wouldn't dare pull this stunt if Vito was out. He just had too much power up there.

Re: Rocco Sollecito shot dead [Re: dixiemafia] #884516
06/02/16 06:47 PM
06/02/16 06:47 PM
S
SinatraClub Offline
Underboss
SinatraClub  Offline
S
Underboss
Originally Posted By: dixiemafia

I'll have to disagree somewhat. Yea Vito was still alive, but he was locked up in the U.S. We seen what happened once he came back home.

Didn't Ragusa get out of the game after getting out? I know there has been NOTHING about him in the papers or anything since he did. Supposedly him and Vito were best friends.

Very true. He was well known for keeping everyone happy (majority anyways). He had the Hell's Angels, the street gangs, and everybody else in between was working together under Vito.

Very true. They wouldn't dare pull this stunt if Vito was out. He just had too much power up there.

I acknowledged he was in prison. However they still started to become the bigger power while Vito was alive. That's a fact. He just couldt do anything about it anyway. And the likes of Di Maul o, the Haitian dude, and a couple others were killed supposedly at the hands of Vito.

But the killings of most of the Calabrians, for example Salvatore Calautti. You cannot credit to Vito Rizzuto. As information has since been released that those deaths came as a result of an internal war between 'Ndrangheta clans in both Calabria and Canada.

And again IM NOT SAYING THAT THE NDRANGHETA CONTROLLED MONTREAL WHILE VITO WAS ALIVE AND IN PRISON (nor did I EVER say that in my posts). HOWEVER WHILE HE WAS ALIVE AND IN PRISON, THE NDRANGHETA BECAME THE DOMINANT ORGANIZED CRIME GROUP IN CANADA. CANADA IS MUCH BIGGER THAN JUST MONTREAL.

Last edited by SinatraClub; 06/02/16 06:50 PM.
Re: Rocco Sollecito shot dead [Re: TommyGambino] #884517
06/02/16 07:17 PM
06/02/16 07:17 PM
S
SinatraClub Offline
Underboss
SinatraClub  Offline
S
Underboss
And as I mentioned earlier, here's a link in regards to the murder of this Antonio D'Onofrio. No idea of this is related to the current tensions , or if it was connected, it may have been a case of mistaken identity, according to the article, or at least the translation anyway.

http://www.lapresse.ca/actualites/justic...ns-ahuntsic.php

And speaking earlier of Salvatore Scoppa, here's an article referring to his departure to Mexico, the translation is rough, buy it seems to imply that Scoppa had gotten on the bad side of the group whom was acting as the decision makers for the Montreal Mafia. Again, the translation is very rough, but it seems to be implying that instead of being killed, he was given the option to go to Mexico and operate down there with a degree of autonomy. This was one of the very few articles I had seen mentioning the Scoppas, before I started raising their name and before Renaud mentioned them as possible members of the new leadership alliance...

http://www.tvanouvelles.ca/2015/10/08/un-influent-mafioso-montrealais-force-a-lexil

If the translation is anywhere close to accurate, perhaps the decision to allow him to flee and operate under his own will came back to bite the old leadership in the ass.

Last edited by SinatraClub; 06/02/16 07:56 PM.
Re: Rocco Sollecito shot dead [Re: TommyGambino] #884531
06/02/16 09:39 PM
06/02/16 09:39 PM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

Im think the Italians from europe are killing off any one inducted by the bonanno family so there is no claims or rules related to lcn usa style.just a theory all 20 guys sal vitale said were in the family when he went up there in the 90tys are dead by bullets its probaly violis an cotronis kids or grand kids the ultimate revenge. They waited 30 40 years.

Re: Rocco Sollecito shot dead [Re: SinatraClub] #884533
06/02/16 09:52 PM
06/02/16 09:52 PM
A
antimafia Offline
Underboss
antimafia  Offline
A
Underboss
And as I mentioned earlier, here's a link in regards to the murder of this Antonio D'Onofrio. No idea of this is related to the current tensions , or if it was connected, it may have been a case of mistaken identity, according to the article, or at least the translation anyway.

[snip]

Daniel Renaud has updated the article to which you linked above. The victim's name is Angelo D'Onofrio, and he appeared to be hit at a café regularly frequented by mobsters but, according to sources, somehow tied to the "Calabrian faction" [quotation marks mine on purpose] of the Montreal Mafia.

Re: Rocco Sollecito shot dead [Re: antimafia] #884535
06/02/16 10:28 PM
06/02/16 10:28 PM
M
mike68 Offline
Underboss
mike68  Offline
M
Underboss
Originally Posted By: antimafia

[snip]

Daniel Renaud has updated the article to which you linked above. The victim's name is Angelo D'Onofrio, and he appeared to be hit at a café regularly frequented by mobsters but, according to sources, somehow tied to the "Calabrian faction" [quotation marks mine on purpose] of the Montreal Mafia.

I just read an English article on this one and it says they may be looking for a black man with dreadlocks. The victim was 72 years old. Hmmm, a street gang member shooting an elderly Italian gentleman...might have a mob connection. When will this end??

Re: Rocco Sollecito shot dead [Re: mike68] #884536
06/02/16 10:53 PM
06/02/16 10:53 PM
A
antimafia Offline
Underboss
antimafia  Offline
A
Underboss
Organized-crime reporter Félix Séguin had a tweet within the last hour that suggests a case of mistaken identity regarding the murder victim--either the shooter hit the wrong target; or the media have confused the victim (not well known to police) with a criminal (well known to a special section of the Montreal police force dedicated to combatting organized crime).

Re: Rocco Sollecito shot dead [Re: TommyGambino] #884546
06/03/16 05:54 AM
06/03/16 05:54 AM
S
SinatraClub Offline
Underboss
SinatraClub  Offline
S
Underboss
Yea, I think its the media confusing this guy with a mob tied criminal and jumped the gun. For some reason, I don't think this is all that much related.

Re: Rocco Sollecito shot dead [Re: SinatraClub] #884550
06/03/16 07:59 AM
06/03/16 07:59 AM
A
antimafia Offline
Underboss
antimafia  Offline
A
Underboss
^^^^
Updated article:

http://www.journaldemontreal.com/2016/06/02/un-homme-de-72-ans-atteint-par-balle-a-montreal

Montréal: un homme de 72 ans assassiné dans un café italien.
Angelo D’Onofrio, 72 ans, était attablé dans le nord de l’île de Montréal lorsqu’il a été atteint.

Re: Rocco Sollecito shot dead [Re: antimafia] #884556
06/03/16 09:15 AM
06/03/16 09:15 AM
S
SinatraClub Offline
Underboss
SinatraClub  Offline
S
Underboss
So wait, this could've possibly been aimed at the Rock Machine? I find it quite difficult to assume there is a biker war going on at the same time a mob war is going on. So biker involvement within the mob war looks like its very possible and implies alliances have indeed been made. Or as I theorized bikers may be being used as hitters for the Montreal Mob. Man, the whole Montreal "milieu" seems to be in a state of conflict. I don't know what to make of this one. Or again, maybe it was just a case of mistaken identity.

Re: Rocco Sollecito shot dead [Re: SinatraClub] #884559
06/03/16 10:19 AM
06/03/16 10:19 AM
B
BronaZora Offline
Button
BronaZora  Offline
B
Button

I acknowledged he was in prison. However they still started to become the bigger power while Vito was alive. That's a fact. He just couldt do anything about it anyway. And the likes of Di Maul o, the Haitian dude, and a couple others were killed supposedly at the hands of Vito.

But the killings of most of the Calabrians, for example Salvatore Calautti. You cannot credit to Vito Rizzuto. As information has since been released that those deaths came as a result of an internal war between 'Ndrangheta clans in both Calabria and Canada.

And again IM NOT SAYING THAT THE NDRANGHETA CONTROLLED MONTREAL WHILE VITO WAS ALIVE AND IN PRISON (nor did I EVER say that in my posts). HOWEVER WHILE HE WAS ALIVE AND IN PRISON, THE NDRANGHETA BECAME THE DOMINANT ORGANIZED CRIME GROUP IN CANADA. CANADA IS MUCH BIGGER THAN JUST MONTREAL.

Canada is a big place indeed, but Italian Mafia presence is mainly confined to two areas, Montreal and the Toronto/Hamilton area.

Anyways, I agree that with or without Vito the Siderno were growing strong, but with Vito on top and in prime, they had very little to no influence on Montreal, with him gone however, it's a different story.

You also mentioned that they forced Vito into accepting some of their decisions (The Panepinto hit for example), keep in mind that these were related to matters in the Toronto area where it's their turf, so naturally Vito acknowledged them.

Last edited by BronaZora; 06/03/16 10:20 AM.
Re: Rocco Sollecito shot dead [Re: BronaZora] #884574
06/03/16 12:41 PM
06/03/16 12:41 PM
S
SinatraClub Offline
Underboss
SinatraClub  Offline
S
Underboss

Canada is a big place indeed, but Italian Mafia presence is mainly confined to two areas, Montreal and the Toronto/Hamilton area.

Anyways, I agree that with or without Vito the Siderno were growing strong, but with Vito on top and in prime, they had very little to no influence on Montreal, with him gone however, it's a different story.

You also mentioned that they forced Vito into accepting some of their decisions (The Panepinto hit for example), keep in mind that these were related to matters in the Toronto area where it's their turf, so naturally Vito acknowledged them.

That's true, but keep in mind I never said they had influence in Montreal when Vito was at his prime. I don't know how that got interpreted as such in the first place. I said they were growing in a stature that was comparable to the Montreal Mafia, at that time. And you're right, Mafia presence is based in Montreal & The Toronto/Hamilton area. But while the Calabrians as in the Ndrangheta groups couldn't gain a foothold in Montreal before Vito was convicted and extradited, the Montreal family never gained a foothold in The Toronto, Ontario/Hamilton area, while Vito was at his prime. They tried to, but they never really succeeded with that. The Panepinto is an example of that. Vito was definitely friendly with the Musitanos , but I don't believe even they allowed Vito to establish a base in their town.

I respect Vito Rizzuto and all he did, and I've always been the first to admit and always one of the most vocal about Vito's prowess and how powerful he was in order to accomplish all he did, break away from the Bonannos and essentially create his own psuedo neo-Sicilian Mob Family, which also consisted of the remainder of the "Calabrian Faction". But his influence was mostly based in his town, Montreal. He definitely earned with everyone and managed to do enough to work with the Calabrian clans without stepping on toes. But again most of his influence was based in Montreal.

Last edited by SinatraClub; 06/03/16 12:43 PM.
Re: Rocco Sollecito shot dead [Re: TommyGambino] #884579
06/03/16 01:44 PM
06/03/16 01:44 PM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

To kill a old guy like this he must have been active and still making money or was he one of the guys who killed violi in 77? And his revenge killing took alot of time.

Re: Rocco Sollecito shot dead [Re: SinatraClub] #884582
06/03/16 02:53 PM
06/03/16 02:53 PM
B
BronaZora Offline
Button
BronaZora  Offline
B
Button
That's true, but keep in mind I never said they had influence in Montreal when Vito was at his prime. I don't know how that got interpreted as such in the first place. I said they were growing in a stature that was comparable to the Montreal Mafia, at that time. And you're right, Mafia presence is based in Montreal & The Toronto/Hamilton area. But while the Calabrians as in the Ndrangheta groups couldn't gain a foothold in Montreal before Vito was convicted and extradited, the Montreal family never gained a foothold in The Toronto, Ontario/Hamilton area, while Vito was at his prime. They tried to, but they never really succeeded with that. The Panepinto is an example of that. Vito was definitely friendly with the Musitanos , but I don't believe even they allowed Vito to establish a base in their town.

I respect Vito Rizzuto and all he did, and I've always been the first to admit and always one of the most vocal about Vito's prowess and how powerful he was in order to accomplish all he did, break away from the Bonannos and essentially create his own psuedo neo-Sicilian Mob Family, which also consisted of the remainder of the "Calabrian Faction". But his influence was mostly based in his town, Montreal. He definitely earned with everyone and managed to do enough to work with the Calabrian clans without stepping on toes. But again most of his influence was based in Montreal.

The Rizzuto family never gained foothold in Toronto/Hamilton because their base and roots were in Montreal. You can't simply take over cities where other organizations exist, you can probably have some minor operations or a number of associates and allies but as far as take over goes? Highly unlikely.

Think about it this way, Nicolo Rizzuto migrated to Canada and settled in Montreal during the 50's, I'm sure he was a connected man back in Sicily but did he build his own family or take over anything right away? Nope, he joined the Cotroni family and eventually took over within. Like Rizzuto, the 'Ndrangheta families of Toronto also started migrating there during the 50's, so they too have a deep history within their territory. An influence over the region is all these guys can do, there will be no take overs unless it's a wide open town.

Re: Rocco Sollecito shot dead [Re: TommyGambino] #884588
06/03/16 03:56 PM
06/03/16 03:56 PM
C
Ciment Offline
Ciment  Offline
C

http://www.journaldemontreal.com/2016/06...n-dernier-repos

translation
Nearly 200 people attended Friday's funeral of the leader of the Rizzuto clan, Rocco Sollecito, assassinated a week ago in Laval.
The funeral of the 67 year old man, who was interim chief of operations of the Montreal Mafia, took place at the Church of Our Lady of Pompeii, in the Ahuntsic sector, at noon.
Among the ones who paid respect were Libertina Rizzuto and Giovanna Cammalleri, respectively the daughter and spouse of deceased godfather Vito Rizzuto, whose Sollecito has long been a trusted ally.

Two of the son of the victim, his elder Giuseppe & Mario the younger brother, were among the first to leave the church while porters carried the coffin of Rocco Sollecito after the ceremony, which lasted 45 minutes.

Jailed son:
His other son, Stefano, however, did not have permission from prison authorities to salute the memory of his father.
The man, 48, who was the head in "table" of Italian organized crime in Montreal before his arrest gangsterism in November, remains incarcerated at the Rivière-des-Prairies prison while waiting to to be judged.
Several patrol SPVM ensured a discreet presence around the church. Not far from the rally, members of the Joint Regional Squad fight against organized crime in Montreal and police intelligence services have used the event to film and photograph the guests they feel connected to the mafia.
Power struggle:
Rocco Sollecito is the 27th victim of the bloody war of power that rips the Montreal Mafia for the past seven years, according to our information.
He was one of six leaders of the Rizzuto clan arrested during Operation Colisée RCMP in 2006.
Four of them are now extinct or fallen under the bullets, the patriarch of the Sicilian mafia clan, Nicolo Rizzuto, shot in his own home in November 2010, and the aspirant godfather Lorenzo Giordano, killed near a gym in Laval, March 1st.
Released from prison in 2011 while other clans trying to take control of mafia . Rocco Sollecito remained faithful to the godfather Vito Rizzuto while the latter was incarcerated for murder in the United States, and that, until 'on his return to the country in October 2012 and his death in December 2013.
The sexagenarian then acted as advisor to the "management table" until the arrest of his son Stefano and Leonardo Rizzuto (son of Vito Rizzuto), who are the number 1 and 2 of the mafia hierarchy in Montreal.
May 27, 8 am to 20, Rocco Sollecito left his condo Chomedey driving his luxury BMW brand white SUV, to proceed on the Boulevard Saint-Elzéar in Laval.
A professional killer who knew his routine was waiting in a bus shelter at the intersection of Anne de Noailles street.
When the target was immobilized before him to make his mandatory stop the gunman got out and fired at least eight times through the passenger side window of the SUV. The killer is still at large.
Another murder Thursday
Late Thursday afternoon, Angelo D'Onofrio, 72, was shot in Hillside cafe, located near the Loreto funeral complex, where the remains of Rocco Sollecito was exposed at the same time.
Although he was familiar policemen from the group Eclipse (an SPVM brigade often dealing with organized crime), D'Onofrio was regarded by police as a "relationship" marginal faction of the Calabrian Mafia. Moreover, the thesis of a mistaken identity would not be ruled out by investigators to explain the killing.

Re: Rocco Sollecito shot dead [Re: TommyGambino] #884596
06/03/16 07:47 PM
06/03/16 07:47 PM
S
SinatraClub Offline
Underboss
SinatraClub  Offline
S
Underboss
Its been confirmed that D'Onofrio was killed by mistake. The intended victim is supposedly Carmine Antonio Vannelli. The shooter believed D'Onofrio to be Vanelli because they both shared white hair. Ironically enough, Vanelli was at the Loreto Funeral complex, paying his respects to the family of Rocco Sollecito.

And here's the article, and it supports my theory #2, of this not being a civil war and that it was the new leadership alliance taking out the "old guard", which was everyone that was close to and held a position of power, and remained loyal to Vito Rizzuto, from the time he took over to the time of his imprisonment and death , and all those who acted on his behalf .

http://www.lapresse.ca/actualites/justic...-table-rase.php

Quote:
Published June 3, 2016 at 6:11 p.m. | Updated at 6:11 p.m.
Montreal Mafia: the new guard wants to make a clean sweep

The attack occurred yesterday around 16h in the Sinatra bar formerly Hillside on Fleury Street in Ahuntsic, is the latest chapter in a bloody change of guard.

The murder yesterday afternoon in Montreal, which would otherwise constitute a mistaken identity, and the murders of honorable men Rocco Sollecito and Lorenzo Giordano in recent weeks in Laval, could have the same common denominator: a decision power combined with the elimination of the old guard of the Montreal mafia, according to what the sources told La Presse .

The attack occurred yesterday around 16h in the Sinatra bar formerly Hillside on Fleury Street in Ahuntsic, is the last chapter of this change of bloody guard. "It's like trying to make a clean sweep and start again on new bases," says one observer.

Angelo D'Onofrio, 72, a regular at the cafe little or no known to police, is the latest victim of this takeover. A presumably innocent victim because police sources told La Presse that "mistaken identity is one of the most plausible theories."

white hair

In fact, according to our information, Mr. D'Onofrio would have been confused with Carmine Antonio Vanelli, 71, a man of honor and longtime associate mafioso formerly Violi then rallied to Rizzuto when they took power in early 80s Vanelli, like other individuals associated with the Calabrian mafia cell of Montreal, attended the Sinatra coffee. According to our sources, around 16h yesterday, the killer would have made certain findings which would have allowed him to believe he was there. In addition, the victim, Mr. D'Onofrio, sported a very white hair, such as Vanelli, which could have confused the shooter. But the mafioso was not present at Sinatra at that moment. Ironically, it was at Loreto Funeral Complex to offer condolences to the family of Rocco Sollecito murdered there one week.

Although Vanelli belongs to the Calabrian cell, it is considered a faithful of Rizzuto. Investigators also will not exclude the possibility that the attack that targeted may have a connection with the murder of the influential Calabrian Moreno Gallo assassinated in Mexico in 2013 for lack of loyalty.

It will see that they will be the consequences of this blunder. Especially as the Sinatra coffee belongs to a near Vanelli, former member of the Rock Machine and Hells Angels, Salvatore Brunetti. Even if it would put colors on good terms and would now be more linked to the Mafia as bikers according to police, the man still would have very close links with the Hells Angels.

Something in common

Lorenzo Giordano, whom police considered a godfather aspirant but who was killed in Laval on March 1, Rocco Sollecito, who became the highest-ranking Mafia after the natural death of Vito Rizzuto in December 2013 and who was murdered last Friday, and Antonio Vanelli all have one thing in common: they belong to the old guard of the Montreal mafia.

More than 200 people attended the funeral of Rocco Sollecito noon in the Church of Our Lady of Pompei in Montreal. Some people came to pay their last respects, we noticed the presence of members of the Rizzuto clan, whose sister of Vito Rizzuto, Maria Renda, his daughter Libertina and his wife, Giovanna Cammalleri. There were also loyal clan, Vincenzo Spagnolo and his son Nicola, the police believed, until recently at least, as a member of the Montreal Mafia direction table set up after the death of the sponsor.

Police investigators were parked not far from the church to take pictures and refresh their albums intelligence.

Don't ask me how I call these guys, lol.

Last edited by SinatraClub; 06/03/16 07:49 PM.
Re: Rocco Sollecito shot dead [Re: SinatraClub] #884599
06/03/16 08:17 PM
06/03/16 08:17 PM
B
BronaZora Offline
Button
BronaZora  Offline
B
Button
Its been confirmed that D'Onofrio was killed by mistake. The intended victim is supposedly Carmine Antonio Vannelli. The shooter believed D'Onofrio to be Vanelli because they both shared white hair. Ironically enough, Vanelli was at the Loreto Funeral complex, paying his respects to the family of Rocco Sollecito.

And here's the article, and it supports my theory #2, of this not being a civil war and that it was the new leadership alliance taking out the "old guard", which was everyone that was close to and held a position of power, and remained loyal to Vito Rizzuto, from the time he took over to the time of his imprisonment and death , and all those who acted on his behalf .

Quote:

The attack occurred yesterday around 16h in the Sinatra bar formerly Hillside on Fleury Street in Ahuntsic, is the latest chapter in a bloody change of guard.

The murder yesterday afternoon in Montreal, which would otherwise constitute a mistaken identity, and the murders of honorable men Rocco Sollecito and Lorenzo Giordano in recent weeks in Laval, could have the same common denominator: a decision power combined with the elimination of the old guard of the Montreal mafia, according to what the sources told La Presse .

The attack occurred yesterday around 16h in the Sinatra bar formerly Hillside on Fleury Street in Ahuntsic, is the last chapter of this change of bloody guard. "It's like trying to make a clean sweep and start again on new bases," says one observer.

Angelo D'Onofrio, 72, a regular at the cafe little or no known to police, is the latest victim of this takeover. A presumably innocent victim because police sources told La Presse that "mistaken identity is one of the most plausible theories."

white hair

In fact, according to our information, Mr. D'Onofrio would have been confused with Carmine Antonio Vanelli, 71, a man of honor and longtime associate mafioso formerly Violi then rallied to Rizzuto when they took power in early 80s Vanelli, like other individuals associated with the Calabrian mafia cell of Montreal, attended the Sinatra coffee. According to our sources, around 16h yesterday, the killer would have made certain findings which would have allowed him to believe he was there. In addition, the victim, Mr. D'Onofrio, sported a very white hair, such as Vanelli, which could have confused the shooter. But the mafioso was not present at Sinatra at that moment. Ironically, it was at Loreto Funeral Complex to offer condolences to the family of Rocco Sollecito murdered there one week.

Although Vanelli belongs to the Calabrian cell, it is considered a faithful of Rizzuto. Investigators also will not exclude the possibility that the attack that targeted may have a connection with the murder of the influential Calabrian Moreno Gallo assassinated in Mexico in 2013 for lack of loyalty.

It will see that they will be the consequences of this blunder. Especially as the Sinatra coffee belongs to a near Vanelli, former member of the Rock Machine and Hells Angels, Salvatore Brunetti. Even if it would put colors on good terms and would now be more linked to the Mafia as bikers according to police, the man still would have very close links with the Hells Angels.

Something in common

Lorenzo Giordano, whom police considered a godfather aspirant but who was killed in Laval on March 1, Rocco Sollecito, who became the highest-ranking Mafia after the natural death of Vito Rizzuto in December 2013 and who was murdered last Friday, and Antonio Vanelli all have one thing in common: they belong to the old guard of the Montreal mafia.

More than 200 people attended the funeral of Rocco Sollecito noon in the Church of Our Lady of Pompei in Montreal. Some people came to pay their last respects, we noticed the presence of members of the Rizzuto clan, whose sister of Vito Rizzuto, Maria Renda, his daughter Libertina and his wife, Giovanna Cammalleri. There were also loyal clan, Vincenzo Spagnolo and his son Nicola, the police believed, until recently at least, as a member of the Montreal Mafia direction table set up after the death of the sponsor.

Police investigators were parked not far from the church to take pictures and refresh their albums intelligence.

So they ended up killing a civilian because they both had white hair? That's beyond crazy and stupid, sounds straight up like the Sopranos when they tried to kill Phil Leotardo and they ended up killing the wrong guy cause he looked liked him.

Mobsters killing one another is fair game, but this one they should pay for it.

Last edited by BronaZora; 06/03/16 08:19 PM.
Re: Rocco Sollecito shot dead [Re: BronaZora] #884603
06/03/16 09:17 PM
06/03/16 09:17 PM
U.S.A
T
Terence Offline
Made Member
Terence  Offline
T
Made Member
U.S.A
Certainly rare in Canada but not internationally, misidentification in a hit seems to happen at least a few times per decade just based on the ones we're privy to. I'm surprised someone would get hit in a place like that with the possibility of so many people being around. Would imagine that a reasonable amount of the remaining people aligned with them would have been there at the time.

Last edited by Terence; 06/03/16 09:32 PM.
Re: Rocco Sollecito shot dead [Re: BronaZora] #884610
06/04/16 12:46 AM
06/04/16 12:46 AM
S
SinatraClub Offline
Underboss
SinatraClub  Offline
S
Underboss
[quote=SinatraClub]Its been confirmed that D'Onofrio was killed by mistake. The intended victim is supposedly Carmine Antonio Vannelli. The shooter believed D'Onofrio to be Vanelli because they both shared white hair. Ironically enough, Vanelli was at the Loreto Funeral complex, paying his respects to the family of Rocco Sollecito.

Quote:

white hair

Something in common

Well the murder suspect is a black guy with shoulder length hair, I'm assuming they actually meant dreads. Looking back on the history of Montreal, using members of the black street gangs or biker crews has proven to have bad results for the Mob guys down there. I think the only successful hit was that of Nicolo Rizzuto Jr. In which the suspects are suspected to be members of Ducarme Josephs Blues Gang.

And I don't believe this is the first mob hit in Montreal that was a case of mistaken identity.

Last edited by SinatraClub; 06/04/16 05:05 PM.
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull