GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Irishman12, 1 invisible), 222 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,483
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,909
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,328
Posts1,058,742
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Gun Control [Re: Belmont] #878716
03/18/16 04:43 PM
03/18/16 04:43 PM
F
fergie Offline
Underboss
fergie  Offline
F
Underboss
1904...joe valachi was a baby at the time...:)

Re: Gun Control [Re: Beanshooter] #878717
03/18/16 04:49 PM
03/18/16 04:49 PM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Beanshooter
What year was this?

I did that around 1946 or 1947

only the unloved hate
Re: Gun Control [Re: fergie] #878718
03/18/16 04:50 PM
03/18/16 04:50 PM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss
Originally Posted By: fergie
1904...joe valachi was a baby at the time...:)

He was about 6 yrs older then my Daddio

only the unloved hate
Re: Gun Control [Re: fergie] #878720
03/18/16 05:02 PM
03/18/16 05:02 PM
S
SoCalGangs Offline
Underboss
SoCalGangs  Offline
S
Underboss
Nearly everyone on this site who is pro-gun control is reluctant to say anything as they know you mostly get shouted down by chest thumping, half paranoid, posters screaming about civil liberties at every opportunity..I don't give a shit about that though to be honest and so i'll say it...someone should. Its a sad day anywhere when nobody feels they can speak out is it not? The 2nd amendment suits, but the 1st seems to get some people shooting in their pants with anger at every turn when its gun control.

Not once, even once, has there been a post from a pro-gun poster in any way acknowledging theres any weight whatsoever in the pro-control side. That's extremely worrying and exposes a huge level of ignorance and selfishness.

Interesting, balanced article...read it...

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/mar/15/so-america-this-is-how-you-do-gun-control

I like how pro gun people are always labeled paranoid as opposed to the anti gun people who are terrified at the idea of fellow citizens and non-criminals being able to own guns. Oh that's not paranoia at all, right.

Re: Gun Control [Re: Belmont] #878722
03/18/16 06:04 PM
03/18/16 06:04 PM
F
fergie Offline
Underboss
fergie  Offline
F
Underboss
Its true though, there is a level of paranoia if you walk around with a gun holstered, simply because you feel the chances of you being a victim that particular day is high enough..thats paranoia, especially when millions of other fellow citizens think thats ridiculous. The NRA like to remind you of the need for self defence in every issue though...

Im not paranoid about people owning guns because its simply not something I need to think about every single day, just like Im not paranoid about a home invasion or being murdered or child abuse or world poverty. They are all issues I don't want to happen, but they don't make me paranoid and take up a regular part of my day. But being a gun owner does and should.....is the safety on, is it locked away safely tonight, who's that guy in the street? Ffs, carrying a gun could put you in jail for 30 years if you made a split second error of judgement...

How many legal gun owners keep there gun owners in safes do you think? How is it then useful for self defence seeing as the majority can only keep them at home? Utter nonsense...all it does is add imaginary inches to your dick

Re: Gun Control [Re: Belmont] #878723
03/18/16 06:07 PM
03/18/16 06:07 PM
F
fergie Offline
Underboss
fergie  Offline
F
Underboss
Read "keep their guns in safes" last paragraph...not gun owners..just a freudian slip smile

Re: Gun Control [Re: Belmont] #878725
03/18/16 06:35 PM
03/18/16 06:35 PM
S
SoCalGangs Offline
Underboss
SoCalGangs  Offline
S
Underboss
All I'm saying is that it easily goes both ways. If gun owners are paranoid for wanting guns for protection than anti gun people are paranoid because they're scared to death of other civilians owning guns and constantly fear mass shootings. So if one group is paranoid than the other is equally paranoid. That's all I'm saying.

Re: Gun Control [Re: fergie] #878729
03/18/16 07:49 PM
03/18/16 07:49 PM
OC, CA
Faithful1 Offline
Underboss
Faithful1  Offline
Underboss
OC, CA
Its true though, there is a level of paranoia if you walk around with a gun holstered, simply because you feel the chances of you being a victim that particular day is high enough..thats paranoia, especially when millions of other fellow citizens think thats ridiculous. The NRA like to remind you of the need for self defence in every issue though...

Im not paranoid about people owning guns because its simply not something I need to think about every single day, just like Im not paranoid about a home invasion or being murdered or child abuse or world poverty. They are all issues I don't want to happen, but they don't make me paranoid and take up a regular part of my day. But being a gun owner does and should.....is the safety on, is it locked away safely tonight, who's that guy in the street? Ffs, carrying a gun could put you in jail for 30 years if you made a split second error of judgement...

How many legal gun owners keep there gun owners in safes do you think? How is it then useful for self defence seeing as the majority can only keep them at home? Utter nonsense...all it does is add imaginary inches to your dick

fergie, it's interesting that because I explain to you how the American legal system works, you launch a personal attack about paranoia and penis size. You claim that you want a reasonable discussion and a meeting of the minds, but it seems that you just want to bulldoze your opinion over the facts.

First, again, a President cannot make an executive order to ban a private group. A U.S. President is Constitutionally limited and does not have that kind of power. One of the reasons this country was founded was to have freedom of assembly. With few exceptions, anybody can form any group they want for almost any reason. If you're okay with banning groups that you don't like because you disagree with them, then you might as well move to Iran, because you and that government agree on this issue. We just don't do that here because it is one of our Constitutional protections. Plus, I've been discussing this in a very civil manner with you. I've kept it friendly, so I don't appreciate the personal attacks and I suggest you stop doing them.

Second, although I'm not a member of the NRA, it has done a lot of good in providing training and education. During the civil rights era when Blacks faced Jim Crow discrimination, segregation and even lynching, NAACP leader Robert Williams founded his own chapter in 1957 and called it the Black Armed Guard to fight off the Klan. Again, show me names of NRA members who have been involved in committing crimes since you are so determined to demonize this group.

Third, the biggest group that encourages the use of guns -- especially the criminal use -- is the entertainment industry. Violence is glorified in films, television and in music. If you want to point the finger at a group for the spread of gun violence, there's your target.

Re: Gun Control [Re: Belmont] #878744
03/19/16 01:16 AM
03/19/16 01:16 AM
S
SoCalGangs Offline
Underboss
SoCalGangs  Offline
S
Underboss
All good points.

I've tried to make actual arguments in defense of my position. I'm not "shouting" Fergie down in anger and paranoia. Chest thumping? I'm not angry at ALL. Passionate yes, not angry, not shouting. Just a guy posting on a forum through my phone. Lol.

Last edited by SoCalGangs; 03/19/16 01:17 AM.
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull