GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 341 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,446
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,850
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,509
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,312
Posts1,058,406
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Joseph Cammarano street boss for Bonannos #872893
01/18/16 09:48 AM
01/18/16 09:48 AM
baldo Offline OP
Capo
baldo  Offline OP
Capo
http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/nyc-...ticle-1.2499943

Take it with a grain of salt....

He's got the worst job in organized crime, but somebody’s gotta do it.

Meet Joseph Cammarano Jr., the top banana on the street for the beleaguered Bonanno crime family — or what’s left of it.

MOBSTER LOCKED UP AFTER MEETING MOBSTERS, VIOLATING PAROLE

Cammarano has been anointed acting underboss, a federal prosecutor revealed in Brooklyn Federal Court last week at the arraignment of three Bonanno gangsters, but sources say he wears a second hat as the crime family’s street boss, too.

Cammarano’s promotion has the blessing of the Bonannos’ jailed official boss, Michael (Mikey Nose) Mancuso, sources said.

Despite the setbacks the crime family has endured over the last decade, sources say cutting off the heads hasn’t killed the beast.

The home of organized crime figure Joseph Cammarano, Jr., the new street boss of the beleaguered Bonanno crime family is shown on January, 17, 2016, on Long Island.
DAVID WEXLER/FOR NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
The home of organized crime figure Joseph Cammarano, Jr., the new street boss of the beleaguered Bonanno crime family is shown on January, 17, 2016, on Long Island.
“It’s clear they’re trying to rebuild,” a law enforcement source told the Daily News.

WOMAN BRINGS DAD'S CREMATED REMAINS TO SENTENCING OF MOBSTER

But, with an FBI target on his back, Cammarano probably doesn’t have much time to make his mark.

His father, one-time underboss Joseph Cammarano Sr., died in prison in September 2013 while serving time for a gangland murder. The family has had a succession of at least six bosses since Joseph Massino was arrested in 2003 and decided to become the highest-ranking mob rat in history. Ever since then, the family has been infested with informants and cooperators.

Cammarano Jr. “is a unique man,” defense lawyer Elizabeth Macedonio wrote to a judge in a 2007 extortion case. “He is defined by his sense of selflessness, his strong commitment to family and his endless contributions to his country and community.”

Despite the praise, the mobster was convicted of strong-arming a Colombo mob wiseguy. He served out his 27-month sentence in prison.

Known as Joe C. Jr., the 56-year-old Cammarano grew up in Greenpoint, Brooklyn, joined the Navy after graduating from high school and served on a nuclear submarine in an elite patrol unit that conducted classified missions.

His wife, Angela, is the daughter of Bonanno soldier Vito Grimaldi, who owns Grimaldi Bakery in Queens.

While he was in the can on the prior case, Cammarano and his wife “both miss(ed) the mundane aspects of their relationship like sharing tea at the end of the day,” court papers revealed.

The couple lives in a modest home in Glen Cove, L.I.[i][/i]

Re: Joseph Cammarano street boss for Bonannos [Re: baldo] #872902
01/18/16 12:00 PM
01/18/16 12:00 PM
manchester uk
domwoods74 Offline
Underboss
domwoods74  Offline
Underboss
manchester uk
It would Defo makes more sense it being some from Brooklyn rather than the Bronx , seems more plausible seeing the Bronx faction of the bonnanos is pretty much non existent

Re: Joseph Cammarano street boss for Bonannos [Re: baldo] #872904
01/18/16 12:44 PM
01/18/16 12:44 PM
new jersey
T
thebigfella Offline
Underboss
thebigfella  Offline
T
Underboss
new jersey
And it seems as if mancuso dosen't have control of the family

"McGurn likes you, so I make you. So you are now one of us, if you fuck up, we take it out on McGurn. He is your sponsor. Fuck up, it's his ass. You work in his crew, he is your capo."
Re: Joseph Cammarano street boss for Bonannos [Re: thebigfella] #872907
01/18/16 01:50 PM
01/18/16 01:50 PM
NJ
MusclesMarinara Offline
Button
MusclesMarinara  Offline
Button
NJ
Originally Posted By: thebigfella
And it seems as if mancuso dosen't have control of the family

He never did

Re: Joseph Cammarano street boss for Bonannos [Re: baldo] #872912
01/18/16 02:54 PM
01/18/16 02:54 PM
S
SinatraClub Offline
Underboss
SinatraClub  Offline
S
Underboss
Been telling folks that the power of the Bonannos now resides in Queens & Long Island, and that Glen Cove, is just one of the towns in Long Island which have an seeming obvious mafioso presence, and that being the Bonannos. A lot of captains, and well earned soldiers live and operate out there.

Last edited by SinatraClub; 01/18/16 02:54 PM.
Re: Joseph Cammarano street boss for Bonannos [Re: baldo] #872914
01/18/16 02:59 PM
01/18/16 02:59 PM
G
gangstereport Offline
Underboss
gangstereport  Offline
G
Underboss
he is a power i believe this infact i have believed this for awhile now. The feds followed mikey noses nephew to a meeting with this guy and that guy whos got that parole pinch.

Not connected with scott or anyone at gangsterreport

Sorry for the confusion
Re: Joseph Cammarano street boss for Bonannos [Re: baldo] #872927
01/18/16 04:16 PM
01/18/16 04:16 PM
T
TommyGambino Offline
Underboss
TommyGambino  Offline
T
Underboss
Makes sense.

Re: Joseph Cammarano street boss for Bonannos [Re: baldo] #872928
01/18/16 04:35 PM
01/18/16 04:35 PM
SonnyBlackstein Offline
Underboss
SonnyBlackstein  Offline
Underboss
States 'at the arraignment of three Bonanno gangsters'.

Any idea who this is (Santora etc)?

MORGAN: Why didn't you fight him at the park if you wanted to? I'm not goin' now, I'm eatin' my snack.
CHUCKIE: Morgan, Let's go.
MORGAN: I'm serious Chuckie, I ain't goin'.
WILL: So don't go.
Re: Joseph Cammarano street boss for Bonannos [Re: gangstereport] #872929
01/18/16 04:37 PM
01/18/16 04:37 PM
ralphie_cifaretto Offline
Underboss
ralphie_cifaretto  Offline
Underboss
3:1 he gets orders from The Bronx.

Re: Joseph Cammarano street boss for Bonannos [Re: SonnyBlackstein] #872930
01/18/16 04:48 PM
01/18/16 04:48 PM
G
gangstereport Offline
Underboss
gangstereport  Offline
G
Underboss
Originally Posted By: SonnyBlackstein
States 'at the arraignment of three Bonanno gangsters'.

Any idea who this is (Santora etc)?

This is what the feds said in the parole violation

Palazzolo was promoted in an attempt to thwart a move by a rival faction led by capo Joseph Cammarano Jr. to take control of the family.

Salerno was seen meeting with Palazzolo and a crew of mobsters at a Bayside Queens eatery just hours after leaving Danbury federal prison where Mancuso is being held. Others attending the restaurant session included Pasquale “Patty Boy” Maiorino and John “Johnny Mulberry” Sciremammano both reputed Bonanno members and part of an organized crime figure list Palazzolo was ordered to avoid having contact with. Prosecutors claim along with meeting these members of the “do not associate” list Palazzolo was also seen meeting with former Bonanno family consigliere Anthony “Fat Anthony” Rabito.

he NY Organized Crime Intelligence Division tipped off probation officials to the new role Salerno was playing as the Mancuso and Palazzolo go between leading to Palazzolo’s arrest on parole violations.

law enforcement claimed by arresting palazzolo they stopped violence breaking out

Sorry for the confusion
Re: Joseph Cammarano street boss for Bonannos [Re: baldo] #872931
01/18/16 04:51 PM
01/18/16 04:51 PM
G
gangstereport Offline
Underboss
gangstereport  Offline
G
Underboss
frank "franky boy" salnero is the nephew of mancuso

Sorry for the confusion
Re: Joseph Cammarano street boss for Bonannos [Re: baldo] #872945
01/18/16 09:12 PM
01/18/16 09:12 PM
new jersey
T
thebigfella Offline
Underboss
thebigfella  Offline
T
Underboss
new jersey
Isn't cammarano from brooklyn

"McGurn likes you, so I make you. So you are now one of us, if you fuck up, we take it out on McGurn. He is your sponsor. Fuck up, it's his ass. You work in his crew, he is your capo."
Re: Joseph Cammarano street boss for Bonannos [Re: baldo] #872946
01/18/16 09:20 PM
01/18/16 09:20 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Am I the only one who noticed the article reaffirmed Mancuso is the official boss and that Cammarano has his new position with Mancuso's approval?

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: Joseph Cammarano street boss for Bonannos [Re: baldo] #872947
01/18/16 09:38 PM
01/18/16 09:38 PM
new jersey
T
thebigfella Offline
Underboss
thebigfella  Offline
T
Underboss
new jersey
Mancuso don't have a choice, did he approve it before or after the promotion???

Re: Joseph Cammarano street boss for Bonannos [Re: IvyLeague] #872948
01/18/16 09:58 PM
01/18/16 09:58 PM
ralphie_cifaretto Offline
Underboss
ralphie_cifaretto  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
Am I the only one who noticed the article reaffirmed Mancuso is the official boss and that Cammarano has his new position with Mancuso's approval?

No, you're not. Time and again, we've been hearing from both law enforcement sources and credible journalists that the final word in that family is Mancuso. Why? Well, maybe because it's actually true. There's way too much bullshit on these boards. People automatically assume the power has shifted if somebody in Long Island or Queens becomes a member of the administration.

Re: Joseph Cammarano street boss for Bonannos [Re: ralphie_cifaretto] #872951
01/18/16 11:09 PM
01/18/16 11:09 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Mancuso don't have a choice, did he approve it before or after the promotion???

Why doesn't he have a choice?

Originally Posted By: ralphie_cifaretto

No, you're not. Time and again, we've been hearing from both law enforcement sources and credible journalists that the final word in that family is Mancuso. Why? Well, maybe because it's actually true. There's way too much bullshit on these boards. People automatically assume the power has shifted if somebody in Long Island or Queens becomes a member of the administration.

What you've described above has been a problem on these forums for years. Certain posters going on their own assumptions - in this case there being no way Mancuso could possibly be boss since he's from the Bronx faction of the family - so the news reports must be false. They'll then start to make assumptions about who the boss must be. We have seen that with Amuso and Crea for years now. And all these assumptions are repeated so often that they almost become accepted fact on the forum. Some posters have always been way to quick to dismiss news reports or even indictments in favor of their own guesswork or board gossip, which frankly usually isn't worth a hill of beans. It's almost like they view the real life mob as some kind of computer game where they can pick and choose who's on the throne and build their own family.

Last edited by IvyLeague; 01/18/16 11:10 PM.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: Joseph Cammarano street boss for Bonannos [Re: baldo] #872961
01/19/16 09:38 AM
01/19/16 09:38 AM
new jersey
T
thebigfella Offline
Underboss
thebigfella  Offline
T
Underboss
new jersey
You feel to realize articles and law enforcement are wrong all the time...i guess you believe guys like sal vitale always telles the truth.and just to play your game, it was "reported"that cammarano and pallazono was fighting over leadership and the nose wanted pallazono to have it and not cammarano, being that he went to jail why wouldnt the nose pick another one of his cronies to run it??? Do you have an answer or are you waiting for someone to write about it, a snitch to talk about it or law enfrcement to give you thier best guesswork?

Re: Joseph Cammarano street boss for Bonannos [Re: baldo] #872965
01/19/16 10:01 AM
01/19/16 10:01 AM
manchester uk
domwoods74 Offline
Underboss
domwoods74  Offline
Underboss
manchester uk
Obviously the boss is going to be someone from were the powerbase is at that particular time , there is hardly anyone in the Bronx faction of the bonnanos , the powerful crews are in Long Island , queens and Brooklyn . Why the fuck would they pick a Bronx guy as boss , the most powerful crews would want one of there own as boss . I could understand it if mancuso was universally respected and well liked but he isn't , which makes even more sense that this guy ain't boss

Re: Joseph Cammarano street boss for Bonannos [Re: baldo] #872969
01/19/16 11:05 AM
01/19/16 11:05 AM
S
SinatraClub Offline
Underboss
SinatraClub  Offline
S
Underboss
Exactly. No one is basing anything off what some guy says on the internet, but being from the area, it's clear the Bonanno power structure consists of Long Island & Queens guys (don't know diddily squat about Brooklyn, so I'll leave that to someone else). And that they aren't taking orders from anyone in the Bronx. It's the Daily News, they've been inaccurate on things before, only this time they aren't that inaccurate and are somewhat on the money aside from the Mancuso sentence. Yes he was okay with Cammarano being chosen, because he has no ultimate say in what goes on.

Re: Joseph Cammarano street boss for Bonannos [Re: baldo] #872971
01/19/16 12:25 PM
01/19/16 12:25 PM
new jersey
T
thebigfella Offline
Underboss
thebigfella  Offline
T
Underboss
new jersey
So cammarano os the new street boss...any spculation on who he might be fronting for?

Re: Joseph Cammarano street boss for Bonannos [Re: baldo] #872974
01/19/16 01:50 PM
01/19/16 01:50 PM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

My guess the genovese n luchese selected mancuso the boss simply cause he's from the bx and he does time. But when did he get voted boss he's been in jail since 05. So the only thing I could think of is the bosses of other family's saying he this guy is the new boss we don't care what your family wants your last boss and under rolled and almost took out all of the families. You no the feds must be scrapping massinos brain for any dirt this guy did in the past. Gonna be hard seeing the guys a well liked veteran with awards.

Re: Joseph Cammarano street boss for Bonannos [Re: baldo] #872977
01/19/16 02:10 PM
01/19/16 02:10 PM
manchester uk
domwoods74 Offline
Underboss
domwoods74  Offline
Underboss
manchester uk
Pmac the Bronx genovese and lucchese factions despise Mancuso coz he killed his wife , there isn't a chance in hell they would vote him in as boss . That's my whole point , he doesn't have the support or power in his own family let alone the other families

Re: Joseph Cammarano street boss for Bonannos [Re: baldo] #872996
01/19/16 05:47 PM
01/19/16 05:47 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

You feel to realize articles and law enforcement are wrong all the time...i guess you believe guys like sal vitale always telles the truth.and just to play your game, it was "reported"that cammarano and pallazono was fighting over leadership and the nose wanted pallazono to have it and not cammarano, being that he went to jail why wouldnt the nose pick another one of his cronies to run it??? Do you have an answer or are you waiting for someone to write about it, a snitch to talk about it or law enfrcement to give you thier best guesswork?

Law enforcement has a far better track record of being right than the legion of local insiders who flock to these forums to try and make everyone believe they are in a position to know what the mob is doing and are here on the Internet to tell us all about it.

Originally Posted By: domwoods74
Obviously the boss is going to be someone from were the powerbase is at that particular time , there is hardly anyone in the Bronx faction of the bonnanos , the powerful crews are in Long Island , queens and Brooklyn . Why the fuck would they pick a Bronx guy as boss , the most powerful crews would want one of there own as boss . I could understand it if mancuso was universally respected and well liked but he isn't , which makes even more sense that this guy ain't boss

That's not necessarily obvious. That's an assumption you and others have made based on your own deduction of things. And, like the Amuso/Crea thing, your opinions conflict with the official information. And after nearly 10 years on these forums I can tell you that those who conflict with the official info end up being wrong at least 90% of the time.

Originally Posted By: SinatraClub
Exactly. No one is basing anything off what some guy says on the internet, but being from the area, it's clear the Bonanno power structure consists of Long Island & Queens guys (don't know diddily squat about Brooklyn, so I'll leave that to someone else). And that they aren't taking orders from anyone in the Bronx. It's the Daily News, they've been inaccurate on things before, only this time they aren't that inaccurate and are somewhat on the money aside from the Mancuso sentence. Yes he was okay with Cammarano being chosen, because he has no ultimate say in what goes on.

There are many posters who go to the forum gossip and conjecture for their info before anything else. And "being from the area" usually means diddly squat and affords most no special insight.

You can say it's only the Daily News saying Mancuso is the boss, even though their info reportedly comes from law enforcement, but something tells me he could be identified as the boss in an indictment and people here would still refuse to believe it. Heck, like I said above, we already see that with Amuso/Crea.

Re: Joseph Cammarano street boss for Bonannos [Re: IvyLeague] #872998
01/19/16 06:27 PM
01/19/16 06:27 PM
G
gangstereport Offline
Underboss
gangstereport  Offline
G
Underboss

Law enforcement has a far better track record of being right than the legion of local insiders who flock to these forums to try and make everyone believe they are in a position to know what the mob is doing and are here on the Internet to tell us all about it.

That's not necessarily obvious. That's an assumption you and others have made based on your own deduction of things. And, like the Amuso/Crea thing, your opinions conflict with the official information. And after nearly 10 years on these forums I can tell you that those who conflict with the official info end up being wrong at least 90% of the time.

There are many posters who go to the forum gossip and conjecture for their info before anything else. And "being from the area" usually means diddly squat and affords most no special insight.

You can say it's only the Daily News saying Mancuso is the boss, even though their info reportedly comes from law enforcement, but something tells me he could be identified as the boss in an indictment and people here would still refuse to believe it. Heck, like I said above, we already see that with Amuso/Crea.

if my memory is correct its was pizza who said that mancuso had no power that he was a figure head and was seen as a joke he is normally right on these things now i dont think anyone is saying mikey nose has no say in the bonanno famuly but many including myself find it hard to believe of how much power he has. Also if we are talking about law enforcment well in palazzaros parole hearing they said that there was members of the bonanno family camannaro named trying to take control of the family and that mikey nose was trying to use palazzaro as a desperate attempt to stay in charge. I think he has some influence in that family mancuso but running everything i doubt it very much

amuso/crea thing is a ridiculous argument how can a guy doing life in prison run a family yes he is the offical boss but to say he is running day to day things is crazy and steve crea is from the bronx and bronx based so it is not hard to tell the power is in the bronx

some of this is common sense guys ...

thats my opinon on this i dont have the patience to argue over a internet site who is the most powerful in the bonanno family we will see the next big indictment which is coming soon the feds are following these guys everywhere

Last edited by gangstereport; 01/19/16 06:30 PM.

Sorry for the confusion
Re: Joseph Cammarano street boss for Bonannos [Re: baldo] #873002
01/19/16 06:48 PM
01/19/16 06:48 PM
Hudson County NJ
D
DB Offline
Underboss
DB  Offline
D
Underboss
Hudson County NJ
Who cares what title someone has anymore , times have changed , not many want that title anymore

Follow the $ and that will tell you who has real power

Re: Joseph Cammarano street boss for Bonannos [Re: gangstereport] #873006
01/19/16 07:25 PM
01/19/16 07:25 PM
Westchester
Frankie_Five_Angels Offline
Made Member
Frankie_Five_Angels  Offline
Made Member
Westchester
[quote/] if my memory is correct its was pizza who said that mancuso had no power that he was a figure head..... [/quote]

Everything I have ever read from Pizza Boy... where I knew the actual facts of the matter.... He's ALWAYS been spot on... no reason to think he isn't this time. ..

"I'll give you undignified. Go fuck yourself. You, Phil... whoever. He's my fuckin' cousin."

"My name is George. I'm unemployed and live with my parents"..
Re: Joseph Cammarano street boss for Bonannos [Re: IvyLeague] #873019
01/20/16 12:36 AM
01/20/16 12:36 AM
L
Louiebynochi Offline
Banned
Louiebynochi  Offline
Banned
L
Underboss

Why you do it all the time.No matter how much the Detroit fbi and Scott Bernstein who has documentaries with FBI agents who say Detroit is still active and still making people over the last 10-15 years and you refuse to believe , are you kidding me.

But as far as this argument, it's the mob. Mancuso has shooters and at the time he got elevated everybody was away or being indicted or on the way to jail, so macuso is the boss and he will be out soon and that's another big reason he got the spot instead of a tony urso or Robert Lino

A March 1986 raid on DiBernardo's office seized alleged "child pornography and financial records." As "a result of the Postal Inspectors seizures [a federal prosecutor] is attempting to indict DiBernardo on child pornography violations" according to an FBI memo dated May 20, 1986.
Thousands of pages of FBI Files that document his involvement in Child Porn
https://www.muckrock.com/foi/united-states-of-america-10/star-distributors-ltd-46454/
https://www.upi.com/Archives/1981/0...s-Miporn-investigation-of/7758361252800/
https://www.courtlistener.com/opinion/1526052/united-states-v-dibernardo/
Re: Joseph Cammarano street boss for Bonannos [Re: baldo] #873022
01/20/16 12:44 AM
01/20/16 12:44 AM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

You could probably count on two hands the number of local guys from one area or another who have actually had legit info to give on these forums. And that's out of dozens of self-professed insiders over the years. I would certainly consider PB to be one of those select few legit posters. He and I agree on most things, or at least have no reason to disagree, but have "agreed to disagree" on a few issues. Though to make it clear, it's not PB's info vs mine but his info vs the feds.

As for Amuso, nobody said he's running things day to day. He doesn't have to in order to remain official boss. And the feds still say he is the boss, including in court testimony. And the idea that he's just a figurehead with no influence (like Peter Gotti) seems to be based largely on the same kind of speculative thinking - based largely on what does or doesnt "make sense" to someone (as if that matters) that says there's no way Mancuso is the Bonanno boss.

The info from the handful of proven, legit sources is fine as far as it goes. But, if history is any guide, even they have to take a back seat to what the feds say most of the time. Anyone who thinks they will find more correct info from them than law enforcement, especially over the long term, is kidding themselves.

Last edited by IvyLeague; 01/20/16 12:47 AM.

Re: Joseph Cammarano street boss for Bonannos [Re: DB] #873026
01/20/16 01:04 AM
01/20/16 01:04 AM
SonnyBlackstein Offline
Underboss
SonnyBlackstein  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: DB
Who cares what title someone has anymore , times have changed , not many want that title anymore

+1000

Pointless argument over a Tony Danza 'who's the boss' question.

The above says it all.

There's a title and then there's the real world.

The rest is semantics.

Last edited by SonnyBlackstein; 01/20/16 01:04 AM.

MORGAN: Why didn't you fight him at the park if you wanted to? I'm not goin' now, I'm eatin' my snack.
CHUCKIE: Morgan, Let's go.
MORGAN: I'm serious Chuckie, I ain't goin'.
WILL: So don't go.
Re: Joseph Cammarano street boss for Bonannos [Re: SonnyBlackstein] #873027
01/20/16 01:14 AM
01/20/16 01:14 AM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Originally Posted By: SonnyBlackstein
Originally Posted By: DB

+1000

Pointless argument over a Tony Danza 'who's the boss' question.

The above says it all.

There's a title and then there's the real world.

The rest is semantics.

Its only semantics if the person in question holds the title only. Peter Gotti, according to Capeci, is one of those. I've seen nothing that says the same for Crea or Mancuso except Internet speculation.

But I can see it now. If Mancuso is identified in some official report or indictment as the boss, people on the forums will claim it's on name only.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull