GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
5 registered members (Irishman12, Lou_Para, thebarber, 2 invisible), 275 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,483
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,909
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,330
Posts1,058,755
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Gun Control #872217
01/10/16 12:50 PM
01/10/16 12:50 PM
B
Belmont Offline OP
Underboss
Belmont  Offline OP
B
Underboss
Ok, I'm not an Obama supporter but i also consider myself logical.
What the fuck is wrong with forcing those at gun shows or those selling over the internet to perform a back ground check? Tell me how that would prevent you from defending yourself from a home invasion?
Tell me why there was a loop hole in current gun laws that would force gun sellers to report lost or stolen guns in transit ( guns being shipped) within 48 hours to the ATF ? Its now mandatory but tell me how that hurts our second amendment right?
These expansions of current laws make total sense and do not effect our second amendment. Will they stop a terrorist attack? Maybe not. But it will be harder for your typical street thug to procure a gun. Less guns would be in the country's most dangerous cities. Thats a good thing and its good for thise that live in those cities.
One thing that is not included in the new bill ( i dont think it is), is requiring all INDIVIDUALS who own guns to report the theft or loss of a gun to the po,ice ir ATF within 48 hours. The new bill will force gun sellers to do that but not gun owners. Most states dont have this important aspect of gun control as law. Here is why it should be included. An underground gun dealer in south carolina for example can stock up on guns and bring them to new york or chicago and sell them on the street. If the guns are used in a crime and traced back, the original owner can claim ignorance( " my guns must of been stolen, i never knew "). Thats absurd and makes no sense. Why should a deadly weapon that is stolen not have to be reported. New jersey and new york enforce it but big fuckin deal!!! Most criminal gun dealers buy their guns from states with lax reporting laws such as south carolina, not jersey or NYC.
Again, how does that effect our rights?
If you get surgery and need pain meds, you need a prescription. If that prescription gets stolen you know its going to be tough to get another script...there is also a data base that tracks how many controlled substances an individual gets filled within a certain time.
Why not do that with guns?
Again, how will these logical laws effect you from hunting, protecting your home, target practice, or collecting guns? It wont.
Im a republican but these current gun laws are fuckin dumb and i agree with what Obama did since no one else put forth the effort.
Again i reiterate, it may not stop a mass shootings, although he did enact mental health legislation, but it will make it tougher for your average home invasion street thug to get a gun. Less gang bangers with guns is better for everyone.
Lastly, maybe Obama used terrorism as an excuse for this legislation or even politics, but who fuckin cares, it makes sense.

Last edited by Belmont; 01/10/16 01:07 PM.
Re: Gun Control [Re: Belmont] #872230
01/10/16 04:37 PM
01/10/16 04:37 PM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss
Here is what Obama executive order really means. You are a private gun owner who wants to sell two of his guns to a friend or a relative. He has to get a license saying he is a gun dealer to do it. If not he will find his ass in jail.

Fucking around with amendments can not be done by executive order.

Imagine if Thrump was elected he would go as crazy with executive orders as Obama.

I could go out to any bodega in Spanish Harlem that knew me and buy as many guns as I want if the money is right.

only the unloved hate
Re: Gun Control [Re: Belmont] #872232
01/10/16 04:41 PM
01/10/16 04:41 PM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss
I would advise people to get that new video door bell. See someone you don't know don't let him in. If he try's to break the door down let him. Move back to the last room and shoot him in the heart.

only the unloved hate
Re: Gun Control [Re: Belmont] #872234
01/10/16 05:03 PM
01/10/16 05:03 PM
OC, CA
Faithful1 Offline
Underboss
Faithful1  Offline
Underboss
OC, CA
It's already state law in California that you cannot sell a firearm privately. If you want to sell one you either have to have your own dealer's permit or you have to do it through the dealer. The dealer acts as a middle man and does the background check.

Re: Gun Control [Re: Belmont] #872239
01/10/16 05:30 PM
01/10/16 05:30 PM
Mississippi - 662
B
BlackFamily Offline
Underboss
BlackFamily  Offline
B
Underboss
Mississippi - 662
Criminals won't have a hard time procuring weapons illegal due to our black market in this country. The more difficult the gun control laws become overall than the more lucrative it's for the arms traffickers. As many posters have said before Chicago have one of the most toughest gun laws and yet there's over 2,000 shootings in the city. It's a repetitive cycle at the end of the day.

If you think you are too small to make a difference, you haven't spend the night with a mosquito.
- African Proverb
Re: Gun Control [Re: Belmont] #872258
01/10/16 09:03 PM
01/10/16 09:03 PM
B
Belmont Offline OP
Underboss
Belmont  Offline OP
B
Underboss
Black Family
You are so missing the damn point. Of course there is a black market for guns. How do you think those guns get to those black markets in the first place?
Guys travel to states like south carolina that have very lax laws and either buy guns themselves or they have friends or relatives that live there and buy the guns
For them . They either buy many over a period of time or a few depending on what the objective is. When these guns are later sold on the streets and used in a crime and then the gun gets traced back, the original purchaser can say : " hey, my guns must of got stolen". There are no laws that force someone to report a lost or stolen gun in south carolina and many states which is just insane.
Obviously many criminal gun dealers take off the serial numbers so they cant be traced.
Also, illegal gun illegal dealers buy them at gun shows and over the net. Thats how they get into the hands of criminals. Doing back ground checks and creating a data base will certainly curtail that. Why should my cousin Joe be able to sell me is 9 mil glock without a background check?? And i was a fuckin criminal for years. No way should i of owned a gun.lol
What dont you get black family?

Last edited by Belmont; 01/10/16 09:09 PM.
Re: Gun Control [Re: Belmont] #872275
01/10/16 11:09 PM
01/10/16 11:09 PM
Larry's Bar
Giacomo_Vacari Offline
Underboss
Giacomo_Vacari  Offline
Underboss
Larry's Bar
Belmont the NRA is perhaps the most powerful organization in the US. When you buy a firearm from a gun shop, most times they give you an application to join the NRA or you are automatically enrolled into the NRA. They have fought gun laws for so long, that they have thrown common sense out the window sometimes.
What this bill that the president pushed for, is that a law abiding citizen can no longer do a private sell of a firearm, they either have to have a license to do that or have a licensed dealer to do the transaction. This is not really going to help with the gun violence, cause there will always be a black market for guns. You also have people out there that can assemble and craft firearms such as AK-47s and Uzis to give you a sense of what can be build with no serial numbers. In high school I made a few zip guns, single shot .22 and .25 calibers.
The ATF can only do so much, and are plagued by embarrassments over the years. They have tried to enforce the 48 hours of reporting a stolen or missing firearm of a citizen, but guess what? The good old NRA has made some of that difficult to do. What is one of the things the NRA keeps shouting all these years? The government is trying to control and take away peoples guns. The government is trying to regulate firearms, and with the recent gun violence, there really has not been any bipartisanship between the parties in this issue to where the President really had no choice but to push this new law.
Is this law going to fix the problem? No. What this law is is just something for certain people to be able to sleep comfortably at night thinking they solved the problem. The United States exports a lot of firearms to other nations. The US is a gun nation pure and simple, it's in our country's dna.
For the record you can legally own a flamethrower in the US, some states have city ordinance for that but it is something that is never brought up. The psychological and mentality of that is for more worst then that of firearms.
Ask yourselves this, how many people that own firearms have gun safes and gun locks? It is a question that is asked on a application, but rarely checked uponed.
The black-market for guns will thrive with this new law for years. It is just how it is. Supply and demand. There has to be a balance with the gun laws but there is none. Cities, farming towns, lumberjack towns, mining towns, ranching towns, and rural towns are all different, and have different threats to their communities.
That's my rant.

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green
Re: Gun Control [Re: Belmont] #872278
01/10/16 11:25 PM
01/10/16 11:25 PM
Mississippi - 662
B
BlackFamily Offline
Underboss
BlackFamily  Offline
B
Underboss
Mississippi - 662
I don't understand your point. confused

" How do you think those guns get to those black markets in the first place?"
I already know this and posted a pipeline case in the OC section. You haven't paid any attention to my location.

". There are no laws that force someone to report a lost or stolen gun in south carolina and many states which is just insane"

Generally gun(s) that are stolen legitimate are reported but lost ones might not be reported. What's insane is a Chicago family suing a pawn shop in another state for the death of a loved one.

" Doing back ground checks and creating a data base will certainly curtail that"

As I said earlier , It's currently in effect in certain cities of course but little to some decline in gun violence is the results. Therefore the executive order is going to be somewhat effective. That's not going to be an overnight nor year grand decline.

"Why should my cousin Joe be able to sell me is 9 mil glock without a background check?? And i was a fuckin criminal for years. No way should i of owned a gun."

In that scenario: Cousin Joe would give you the gun for free because to protect yourself. Or Cousin Joe already cleared the background check and need/wants a couple bucks. Or Cousin Joe doesn't give a rats ass about some background check due to his shady past.

I understand the topic but not your point.

If you think you are too small to make a difference, you haven't spend the night with a mosquito.
- African Proverb
Re: Gun Control [Re: Footreads] #872279
01/10/16 11:38 PM
01/10/16 11:38 PM
Upstate, NY
thedudeabides87 Offline
Underboss
thedudeabides87  Offline
Underboss
Upstate, NY
Government forcing individuals to pay for a license to sell goods is ridiculous and just an excuse for them to make money and make life difficult for people same ridiculousness as paying for: marriage, dog, drivers, hunting, business, or liquor license.

FBI hiring more people to run background checks and hiring 200 new ATF agents is a waste of money.

To a certain extent background checks and mental health aspects are good but it seems like an excuse to increase government spending and keep track of idividuals

The Dude: And, you know, he's got emotional problems, man.
Walter Sobchak: You mean... beyond pacifism?

Walter Sobchak: This guy f*cking walks. I've never been so sure of anything in my entire life
Re: Gun Control [Re: Faithful1] #872281
01/11/16 12:10 AM
01/11/16 12:10 AM
getthesenets Offline
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Faithful1
It's already state law in California that you cannot sell a firearm privately. If you want to sell one you either have to have your own dealer's permit or you have to do it through the dealer. The dealer acts as a middle man and does the background check.

The guy who supplied the guns for the recent terrorist attack in Cali was arrested on multiple charges.

The article phrased the gun arrest for "lying about the intent for the purchase" so I'm guessing that he didn't sell the guns to them but gave to them..which is illegal because that's not what he wrote down.

Re: Gun Control [Re: thedudeabides87] #872297
01/11/16 08:55 AM
01/11/16 08:55 AM
B
Belmont Offline OP
Underboss
Belmont  Offline OP
B
Underboss
Originally Posted By: thedudeabides87
Government forcing individuals to pay for a license to sell goods is ridiculous and just an excuse for them to make money and make life difficult for people same ridiculousness as paying for: marriage, dog, drivers, hunting, business, or liquor license.

FBI hiring more people to run background checks and hiring 200 new ATF agents is a waste of money.

To a certain extent background checks and mental health aspects are good but it seems like an excuse to increase government spending and keep track of idividuals

Paying for a license is ridiculous? You have to pay for a drivers license, a liquor license, and a fishing license. Bybthe way, teachers need a license. Guns are deadly weapons, you should be licensed, end of story.
You are going to just let anyone carry a deadly weapon? Dont tell me they can still use a knife because a knife wont kill 10 people in 30 seconds.

Last edited by Belmont; 01/11/16 08:56 AM.
Re: Gun Control [Re: Belmont] #872298
01/11/16 10:06 AM
01/11/16 10:06 AM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss
how many unarmed people can you kill with a knife if your used to fighting with a knife in 15 minutes isn't that the cop response time now?

Your examples are stupid. We let anyone carry a deadly weapon now. No law will change that fact. You can make it hard for people who obey the law to get a gun. But not for people who break the law to make some money.

only the unloved hate
Re: Gun Control [Re: Belmont] #872301
01/11/16 10:28 AM
01/11/16 10:28 AM
Upstate, NY
thedudeabides87 Offline
Underboss
thedudeabides87  Offline
Underboss
Upstate, NY
Originally Posted By: Belmont
Paying for a license is ridiculous?

Yes

You have to pay for a drivers license, a liquor license, and a fishing license.

I know my post said you have to pay

Bybthe way, teachers need a license.

Thank you for adding another license people are required to get to the list, of the have to pay for it then I have the same feeling towards it.

Guns are deadly weapons, you should be licensed, end of story.

That is fine, making someone buy a license to sell a gun is still dumb and people will be doing transactions "behind closed doors"

You are going to just let anyone carry a deadly weapon?

I don't know where I implied that, I even said background checks and mental health aspects are a good idea

Any law that is passed will only make life harder for law abiding citizens putting them in greater tisk of being a victim

Walter Sobchak: This guy f*cking walks. I've never been so sure of anything in my entire life
Re: Gun Control [Re: thedudeabides87] #872372
01/11/16 11:16 PM
01/11/16 11:16 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
It is, at best, unclear what impact Obama's dictum will have on private sellers. Apparently, if you are in the "business" of selling firearms, you have to have a FFL. What he means by "business" is problematic--selling two or more guns at a gunshow, or to a dealer?? So far, I see nothing that says you need a license to sell me your gun, or that you have to run a background check on me before you do.

This is Obama, grandstanding to build his "legacy," with another vague, dictatorial Executive Order that'll probably be challenged in the courts:
http://dailycaller.com/2016/01/05/obama-...ell-to-dealers/

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.
Re: Gun Control [Re: getthesenets] #872375
01/11/16 11:42 PM
01/11/16 11:42 PM
OC, CA
Faithful1 Offline
Underboss
Faithful1  Offline
Underboss
OC, CA
Originally Posted By: getthesenets
Originally Posted By: Faithful1

The guy who supplied the guns for the recent terrorist attack in Cali was arrested on multiple charges.

The article phrased the gun arrest for "lying about the intent for the purchase" so I'm guessing that he didn't sell the guns to them but gave to them..which is illegal because that's not what he wrote down.

Correct. In Cali these laws were already on the books and easily ignored. Most criminal laws exist in order to have something to legally prosecute, but people are unrealistic if they believe they will prevent crime. Short of total confiscation of all guns by a totalitarian police state, I don't see how our version gun control will make much of a difference (it may make a minor difference). Even in a police state there will still be a black market, however in that case the penalty would probably be severe.

Re: Gun Control [Re: Belmont] #872404
01/12/16 10:07 AM
01/12/16 10:07 AM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss
The real plan is to someday actuall do this. Total confiscation of all guns by a totalitarian police state. Plus get the gun owners names and addresses so they can round them all up in a short amount of time.

Then control or eliminate them by also controlling the food supply.

If you think this can't happen think again. It has happened in past history.

All you need is a group of sheep who thinks it can't happen.

only the unloved hate
Re: Gun Control [Re: Belmont] #872416
01/12/16 12:39 PM
01/12/16 12:39 PM
B
bigboy Offline
Underboss
bigboy  Offline
B
Underboss
I could go along with requiring a private gun owner who wants to sell a firearm to a friend to have to use a licensed gun dealer as a middleman and allowing him to charge a very small fee for his time. As I have been told, obtaining a dealers license can be a very expensive proposition. I feel that the obama administration is using gun control issue to divert attention from his total failure to do something about isis. Most intelligent people can figure out that legally licensed gun owners are not the ones committing the crimes. They are afraid of the thugs who are doing it and are afraid to offend them with preventive measures such as stop and frisk.

Re: Gun Control [Re: Footreads] #872431
01/12/16 01:41 PM
01/12/16 01:41 PM
Upstate, NY
thedudeabides87 Offline
Underboss
thedudeabides87  Offline
Underboss
Upstate, NY
Originally Posted By: Footreads
The real plan is to someday actuall do this. Total confiscation of all guns by a totalitarian police state. Plus get the gun owners names and addresses so they can round them all up in a short amount of time.

If you think this can't happen think again. It has happened in past history.

All you need is a group of sheep who thinks it can't happen.

With the ever expanding government, the whittling away of civil liberties and complacency it is not as far fetched as some may think. Maybe not in the near future but it looks like that is the overall goal

Re: Gun Control [Re: Belmont] #872458
01/12/16 04:27 PM
01/12/16 04:27 PM
Alabama
D
dixiemafia Offline
ROLL TIDE!!!!!
dixiemafia  Offline
ROLL TIDE!!!!!
D
Underboss
Alabama
I'm going to buy an assault rifle this weekend in honor of Obama..

Re: Gun Control [Re: bigboy] #872464
01/12/16 05:28 PM
01/12/16 05:28 PM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss
Originally Posted By: bigboy
I could go along with requiring a private gun owner who wants to sell a firearm to a friend to have to use a licensed gun dealer as a middleman and allowing him to charge a very small fee for his time. As I have been told, obtaining a dealers license can be a very expensive proposition. I feel that the obama administration is using gun control issue to divert attention from his total failure to do something about isis. Most intelligent people can figure out that legally licensed gun owners are not the ones committing the crimes. They are afraid of the thugs who are doing it and are afraid to offend them with preventive measures such as stop and frisk.

Stop and frisk they were doing it to white guys when I was a kid. They could also get rough with you. They could pick you up of the street and ride you around for a while and just drop you off some where.

only the unloved hate
Re: Gun Control [Re: Footreads] #874252
01/31/16 08:54 AM
01/31/16 08:54 AM
Upstate, NY
thedudeabides87 Offline
Underboss
thedudeabides87  Offline
Underboss
Upstate, NY
Originally Posted By: Footreads

Monsanto money has been in politics for a while now

http://action.fooddemocracynow.org/sign/...7.512882.z1frl2

Re: Gun Control [Re: Footreads] #874728
02/05/16 04:17 PM
02/05/16 04:17 PM
B
bigboy Offline
Underboss
bigboy  Offline
B
Underboss
Footreads, I hope those days are long gone. I understand that the various police departments have been weeding those cowboys out of the job.
Look at Chicago with the toughest gun laws in the country and they are now saying that this year is off to a terrible start with record shootings. I now live in a small southern city and every day I read about several shootings, none by licensed CCW holders.

Last edited by bigboy; 02/05/16 04:18 PM.
Re: Gun Control [Re: bigboy] #874765
02/05/16 11:27 PM
02/05/16 11:27 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
Originally Posted By: bigboy
I now live in a small southern city and every day I read about several shootings, none by licensed CCW holders.

In 2006, when I got my CCW, only four CCW holders in the entire state of Arizona were indicted for gun crimes. That follows: someone who goes through the procedure of qualifying for and getting a CCW is by definition a law abiding citizen.

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.
Re: Gun Control [Re: dixiemafia] #877173
03/02/16 02:28 AM
03/02/16 02:28 AM
far, northwest
Binnie_Coll Offline
Underboss
Binnie_Coll  Offline
Underboss
far, northwest
Originally Posted By: dixiemafia

I sold guns for 20 years, as I ran a pawn shop, I would recommend a ruger mini-14, over your aks or sks, very good weapon, you can get 40 rd clips, and you will never have a problem with failure to feed, or reject, if its a ruger made clip. you cant go wrong with a mini-14, it takes a .223 rd
known as a 5.56 nato rd,

" watch what you say around this guy, he's got a big mouth" sam giancana to an outfit soldier about frank Sinatra. [ from the book "my way"
Re: Gun Control [Re: Binnie_Coll] #877183
03/02/16 11:52 AM
03/02/16 11:52 AM
Where ever needed.
DuesPaid Offline
Banned
DuesPaid  Offline
Banned

Where ever needed.
Originally Posted By: Binnie_Coll

I sold guns for 20 years, as I ran a pawn shop, I would recommend a ruger mini-14, over your aks or sks, very good weapon, you can get 40 rd clips, and you will never have a problem with failure to feed, or reject, if its a ruger made clip. you cant go wrong with a mini-14, it takes a .223 rd
known as a 5.56 nato rd,

B.C., what would I expect to pay for this gun and the clip?

Be Loyal, Be Loving, Be Quiet.
Re: Gun Control [Re: Belmont] #877198
03/02/16 04:07 PM
03/02/16 04:07 PM
Alabama
D
dixiemafia Offline
ROLL TIDE!!!!!
dixiemafia  Offline
ROLL TIDE!!!!!
D
Underboss
Alabama
I bought an AR-15 chambered in the normal .223/5.56mm NATO round

Re: Gun Control [Re: DuesPaid] #877237
03/03/16 05:34 AM
03/03/16 05:34 AM
far, northwest
Binnie_Coll Offline
Underboss
Binnie_Coll  Offline
Underboss
far, northwest
Originally Posted By: DuesPaid

known as a 5.56 nato rd,

I used to sell mini 14s for 450, saw one at wallmart for 750, might try cabellas, should be cheaper, clips are hard to find, but they are out there, advertised in the shotgun news.

" watch what you say around this guy, he's got a big mouth" sam giancana to an outfit soldier about frank Sinatra. [ from the book "my way"
Re: Gun Control [Re: dixiemafia] #877238
03/03/16 05:37 AM
03/03/16 05:37 AM
far, northwest
Binnie_Coll Offline
Underboss
Binnie_Coll  Offline
Underboss
far, northwest
I bought an AR-15 chambered in the normal .223/5.56mm NATO round

excellent choice, I would get all the clips I could get my hands on.

Re: Gun Control [Re: Belmont] #877240
03/03/16 06:54 AM
03/03/16 06:54 AM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss
Years ago I was introduced to a guy in Long Island who sold guns illegally.

His house had a real tree in his living room. I thought how does he keep bugs from entering his house.

Any way one of the rooms had a secret door inside he had a collection of everything you could want including silencers, and Machine guns. I asked who are you selling the machine guns to want to start a war?

Now I know why people would want one.

only the unloved hate
Re: Gun Control [Re: Binnie_Coll] #877299
03/03/16 10:19 PM
03/03/16 10:19 PM
Where ever needed.
DuesPaid Offline
Banned
DuesPaid  Offline
Banned

Where ever needed.
Originally Posted By: DuesPaid

known as a 5.56 nato rd,

I used to sell mini 14s for 450, saw one at wallmart for 750, might try cabellas, should be cheaper, clips are hard to find, but they are out there, advertised in the shotgun news.

Thanks.

I'll look around.

Be Loyal, Be Loving, Be Quiet.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull