GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 227 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,490
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,916
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,330
Posts1,058,775
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Gun Law [Re: SoCalGangs] #864219
10/22/15 07:08 PM
Past caring, then hang a left
H
helenwheels Offline
Underboss
helenwheels  Offline
H
Underboss
Originally Posted By: SoCalGangs
Originally Posted By: helenwheels
Originally Posted By: fergie
Helen, glad you're posting about this, you make far better points than I can...

Thanks. I truly appreciate that.

Edited to add:

I think there are a few common sense things we can do that would allow guns and still greatly reduce some of the issues.

Require a license for every firearm, close the private sale loopholes, and make safe storage a law.

People often use cars as an analogy, as in 'cars kill people but we don't ban them'. We do require insurance on cars though, and you have to prove you can drive to get a license, and you can't sell a car without a government involved title transfer. Those aren't bad ideas for firearms.

While that sounds nice and reasonable, I fail to see how any of that stops a crazy person from entering a gun free zone such as a school and shooting up the place or gang members from using guns to shoot each other .

Having lisences for cars never stopped drive by shootings.
When you get a car lisence, the idea is that you prove you know basic safety and rules of the road.
Most people aren't worried about people not knowing how to properly use guns safety. It is a concern and accidents do happen, but that isn't the main issue.
The issue is malicious intent.

When I bought my handgun, I had to take a short multiple choice test and perform a visual test showing how to safely handle the handgun. Then was given the handgun permit. But that's here in California. Then I had to wait about 10 days and have a background check.
The thing is, I still don't see how any of that stops bad people from doing bad things.

The one point that I think is valid is that guns can be moved to bad areas and cities from areas with less restriction on guns and less crime.
Which is why I have a bit more respect for those that argue against all gun ownership everywhere. Because in order to hurt the firearm black market you'd have to ban all guns and destroy hundreds of millions of guns. And then MAYBE, that will have some sort of effect. I don't know.
I would fight against that tooth and nail, but it makes more sense than these annoying ass laws California keeps passing that ultimately just makes things harder on legal gun owners that aren't criminals. Magazine capacity restrictions, ammo restrictions, conceal carry restrictions, storage restrictions, fees, and on and on. And for what? So criminals can continue doing what they do.

We are not ever going to be able to stop all the bad people from doing bad things. I don't believe that I've said that any controls could put a stop to all the gun violence. That's never going to happen.

As far as mass shootings by lunatics go, as horrifying as they are that's not the main issue. It just gets the most press due to the terrible nature of those crimes.

As for cars and drive bys, you do still need the gun. Otherwise you'd have to run people down in the car, right? wink

To be honest, gang members killing each other doesn't even bother me that much. It's only when they kill innocent victims that I'm troubled.

We can't eradicate the criminal aspects of human nature, it will always be with us. But we can make it tougher for guns to get into those people's hands on the black market. Many states dont even require a permit. I see that as a problem. I'm aware that some people don't. But a large amount of the guns on the black market come from those states. Clamping down on those type of sales could make an impact. Also, straw purchases are a huge problem, along with legally licensed but corrupt at home and commercial gun dealers. These two sources are where the majority of illegal guns come from. Stolen guns are actually the smallest percentage of guns that make their way onto the black market, according to data from the ATF.

I certainly don't believe I have all the answers, and certainly don't think we will ever be able to fully eradicate gun violence but if we can stop some people from being killed I think we owe it to them and to ourselves as a country and as individuals.

Sorry for the super long post.

All God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

I never met anyone who didn't have a very smart child. What happens to these children, you wonder, when they reach adulthood?

Re: Gun Law [Re: fergie] #864220
H
helenwheels Offline
Underboss
helenwheels  Offline
H
Underboss

Cut the bravado, cut the macho bullshit and deal with the issue, you know another sandy hook is around the corner, yet you are willing to do fuck all about it just because its your "right".. Your the one who will never compromise and thats the pity I have for you for you and the people who will get killed as a result...crazy

Speaking of Sandy Hook, there are quite a few people in the US that think it was faked, or done by the government. Why? So they could come and take away all the guns. How can you even have rational discourse with people that think like that?

All God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

I never met anyone who didn't have a very smart child. What happens to these children, you wonder, when they reach adulthood?

Re: Gun Law [Re: fergie] #864221
10/22/15 07:09 PM
10/22/15 07:09 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
The NRA will be as popular as the KKK in a few years-its an observation, so don't go crazy!

Don't count on it.

A horrible analogy. Next time, why don't you just cut to the chase and compare the NRA to the Nazis?

You know you want to.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Gun Law [Re: fergie] #864227
10/22/15 07:33 PM
10/22/15 07:33 PM
F
fergie Offline OP
Underboss
fergie  Offline OP
F
Underboss
Helen, you cant, the word in the first line of my first post, bravado..followed up by the guy's post immediately after - "everybody in the world wants to stay here" sums it up. Naive, Bush type bullshit. I love the US and have close connections to the country, but bullshit like that disgusts me, coupled with the "right to bear arms" in the face of obvious stupidity. Why, because I see every week or month some poor family losing a person through utter stupidity or avoidable crime.

PB - this is one "right" that should be removed. Ive said repeatedly, its outdated, dangerous and misled...the NRA SHOULD only be an organisation without any real power, like the PGA, NFL etc but its got political power now - which it managed to get by clinging on to your constitution.

Re: Gun Law [Re: fergie] #864232
10/22/15 07:52 PM
10/22/15 07:52 PM
S
SoCalGangs Offline
Underboss
SoCalGangs  Offline
S
Underboss
1) I agree, its the minority, but its a HUGE minority considering the numbers involved.
2) entirely debatably, neither of us can prove beyond a doubt. However I CAN prove innocent people are dying needlessly
3) most aren't, those that shoot themselves by accident i would put down to natural selection...stupid is as stupid does. However, YOU gave them the license.
4) helen hit the nail on the head earlier...if guns are easier to get hold of legally, they are easier to get hold of illegally, basically (apologies if Im summarising incorrectly Helen).

But again, Im cool if you want to keep your guns, grab your dick and feel secure..I'm telling you though, you'll find it more difficult year by year through stricter control, stiffer penalties and media pressure. The government wont just disregard your right, but theres ways to get round it over time. The NRA will be as popular as the KKK in a few years-its an observation, so don't go crazy!

You honestly think it's debatable wether or not crime is worse now than it was in the early 90s??
Do you realize how much crime went on back then?

I'm not saying there's proof that more guns brought about the drop in crime. I believe there's multiple reasons for the crime drop. But what the data does prove without a doubt is that increases in guns and gun ownership DID NOT increase crime overall. So if you care about facts at all, you have to at least concede that more guns doesn't equal more violence. It just doesn't. There's no other way to spin it.

THe NRA regarded as the KKK? No. Only in left wing circles is that the case.
You complain about their political power as if that's a bad thing. So what? Those of us in favor of gun ownership are supposed to roll over and let the politicians run us over and pass whatever nonsense law they want? We're not supposed to fight back or be represented? That's ridiculous.

You know STDs are an issue too in this country.
According to the CDC website, over 13,000 people died of AIDS in 2012( even more than gun related homicides).
Sounds dangerous. Maybe we need to register everyone with an STD.
Maybe get a lisence before you're allowed to have sex? That's a lot of needless and preventable deaths per year..

Last edited by SoCalGangs; 10/22/15 07:56 PM.
Re: Gun Law [Re: fergie] #864233
10/22/15 08:00 PM
10/22/15 08:00 PM
F
fergie Offline OP
Underboss
fergie  Offline OP
F
Underboss
Well, 3rd paragraph of you response fits well with the constitutional amendment as I recall it...sounds like a militia you'd be forming there! Jeez, Id take the guns off you all right now,..your all too far gone to even think about compromise-you noticed theres not a lot of different posters involved? Because they know how rabid you guy are

Re: Gun Law [Re: fergie] #864234
10/22/15 08:10 PM
10/22/15 08:10 PM
F
fergie Offline OP
Underboss
fergie  Offline OP
F
Underboss
Your so similar in stubbornness to these fundamentalist assholes that are trying to kill all of us it's frightening, take a step back and think for fucks sake.

You wont listen..ever...you're right, thats it. Because its been your right for hundreds of years and it wont change, even if people are dying.

By a blow up doll instead if you feel inadequate, you'll save some lives

Re: Gun Law [Re: fergie] #864235
10/22/15 08:14 PM
10/22/15 08:14 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
C'mon fergie, cut out the insults.

Re: Gun Law [Re: fergie] #864236
10/22/15 08:26 PM
10/22/15 08:26 PM
F
fergie Offline OP
Underboss
fergie  Offline OP
F
Underboss
Ok, sorry Socal for any offence and apologies SC..I just try to make it light hearted at times to avoid things getting too heated, but point taken

Re: Gun Law [Re: fergie] #864237
10/22/15 08:29 PM
10/22/15 08:29 PM
S
SoCalGangs Offline
Underboss
SoCalGangs  Offline
S
Underboss
Fergie,

You did not address any of my arguments at all. You're calling me stubborn and unwilling to consider the other side but you added nothing except what amounts to insults and assertions.

I didn't say anything about forming a militia or anything of the sort. What are you talking about?

Last edited by SoCalGangs; 10/22/15 08:30 PM.
Re: Gun Law [Re: fergie] #864238
10/22/15 08:30 PM
10/22/15 08:30 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
That's the worst thing about topics like this. Many members has passionate feelings about a subject and too often forget that we want to maintain some sort of civil peace here. You wanna rip him a new asshole? Go to Private Messages. grin

Re: Gun Law [Re: fergie] #864240
10/22/15 08:37 PM
10/22/15 08:37 PM
F
fergie Offline OP
Underboss
fergie  Offline OP
F
Underboss
Well, Ive taken the time to answer your points (and actually number them for clarity on a few occasions). Ive also taken the time to read the 2nd amendment right through and if you don't know what Im talking about, with "militia" specifically, I'm not sure what else I can keep going on about.

Lets agree to disagree!

Re: Gun Law [Re: fergie] #864241
10/22/15 08:46 PM
10/22/15 08:46 PM
F
fergie Offline OP
Underboss
fergie  Offline OP
F
Underboss
Definite SC, understood, Im not about to shoot in my pants over a debate and Im sure socal is the same, to go on this long we obviously love each other a bit smile

Re: Gun Law [Re: fergie] #864243
10/22/15 08:53 PM
10/22/15 08:53 PM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss
Socal, you are dead right, most gun owners in the US are responsible and I definitely accept that, but that's only by law of averages. The fact is that the constitutional right produces an unacceptable amount of needless fatalities and level of threat which it isn't acceptable to ignore. Im not preaching or saying ban all guns, Im saying make it extremely difficult to own one. Ensure those that want to own a gun should jump through a fair amount of hoops before they can get it. No one should be able to wander around armed, unless they have a specific duty to do so.

How would you feel if rootin, tootin Footreads shot your relative in the face next week because he/she knocked on his door dressed as He-Man?

Hey goofball if I shot Fergie relative in the face. No one would know about it.

only the unloved hate
Re: Gun Law [Re: fergie] #864244
10/22/15 08:55 PM
10/22/15 08:55 PM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss
Fergie is football or soccer an English expression?

only the unloved hate
Re: Gun Law [Re: fergie] #864246
10/22/15 09:09 PM
F
fergie Offline OP
Underboss
fergie  Offline OP
F
Underboss
Yep, we're a family of underachievers Foots, whatever floats your boat, its soccer in the US and football in the rest of the world, qnd Ill never knock your door (dressed as HeMan)

wink

Re: Gun Law [Re: fergie] #864247
S
SoCalGangs Offline
Underboss
SoCalGangs  Offline
S
Underboss
Yea, I was taking about the way you responded to my last (long) post.
Where I didn't talk about the 2nd amendment. I know the NRA obviously supports the 2nd amendment but that wasn't really part of my point.

It's all good, I don't mind disagreement and debate. I just don't like when my arguments get ignored. I'm not angry or anything. We can agree to disagree.

Re: Gun Law [Re: fergie] #864248
10/22/15 09:18 PM
10/22/15 09:18 PM
F
fergie Offline OP
Underboss
fergie  Offline OP
F
Underboss
We should cool the topic for a while SoCal?

Re: Gun Law [Re: fergie] #864250
10/22/15 09:21 PM
10/22/15 09:21 PM
S
SoCalGangs Offline
Underboss
SoCalGangs  Offline
S
Underboss
Sure, I think I've said all I needed to say at this point anyway.

Re: Gun Law [Re: fergie] #864263
10/23/15 01:05 AM
10/23/15 01:05 AM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss
Yep, we're a family of underachievers Foots, whatever floats your boat, its soccer in the US and football in the rest of the world, qnd Ill never knock your door (dressed as HeMan)

wink

I said who invented the term it was not Americans it was the English under achievers.

only the unloved hate
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull