GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (joepuzzles234, Toodoped), 65 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,618
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,105
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,518
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,381
Posts1,059,691
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: The DiMeo family don't strike fear even in NJ [Re: furio_from_naples] #875435
02/14/16 12:59 PM
02/14/16 12:59 PM
S
SoCalGangs Offline
Underboss
SoCalGangs  Offline
S
Underboss
Originally Posted By: furio_from_naples
Originally Posted By: SoCalGangs
Originally Posted By: furio_from_naples
Originally Posted By: SoCalGangs
I think of it like this. I don't know anything NJ. But, if you were to put the entire Soprano family somewhere in Los Angeles, would any street gangs fear them? Highly unlikely ! Why would they? A small crime family can only do so much, and if you're a street gang member or thug, you're already used to having enemies and people out to kill you all the time, so why extra fear for a small Mob group?

That's how I thought of it in the show. They're showing that yes, these guys are deadly criminals. Murders, in fact. But theres limits to their power and reach. And what they're willing to risk. Ultimately they were mostly all out for themselves and making money, not getting into beefs and wars just for the sake of looking tough.

Socalgangs you can't compare a mafia family even small with a gang of los angeles.

The mafia families made bussiness in shadow,kill when necessary and the wiseguys try to stay away from prison,while a gang members live and die on the streets and the fact to go to jail it's not a possibility but a certitude, and even in prison will continue to do what they did in the streets that is sell drugs and kill.

Do you want an example of what can really do a mafia family ? Take a look the rizzuto war in montreal that fought even against the bloods and crips that stay also in LA.

I'm not sure what you're arguing here?

All I'm saying is I can't see typical street gangs being afraid of a small crime family such as the one depicted in the Sopranos. At least not anymore than all their other enemies.

Because, what exactly should they fear that's any different than what they face everyday? That's all I'm saying.

What Im saying is that the gang members are reconizable and for sure fear to die. The mobsters are white and the gangs cant shoot to every single white man that see.
And for sure the mobster when saw a gang member can easily ambushed him.

Yeah but it isn't always that simple. It isn't like the movies. I can assure you.
A small crime family simply wouldn't have a huge incentive to go all out in some street gang. Not enough money in most cases to be made and too risky. Maybe against a particular member, yeah I can see that happening. But that sort of targeted killing happens all the time. That wouldn't changes whole lot.

Re: The DiMeo family don't strike fear even in NJ [Re: furio_from_naples] #875470
02/14/16 06:58 PM
02/14/16 06:58 PM
naples,italy
furio_from_naples Offline OP
furio_from_naples  Offline OP

naples,italy
What I would say is that a family especially if small must strike fear on the streets,philly under scarfo imposed the street tax and killed everyone dont want to pay example was the green mafia Boss bourais killed in 1981.
So you re right that today the mafia families dont would risk for go to war but if on the streets understand that a family dont had the power to kill a thug only because is a crips, bloods ecc.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull