GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Toodoped, The_Marble_Guy), 150 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,461
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,873
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,321
Posts1,058,563
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Guys who have flipped out of their own initiative [Re: furio_from_naples] #860271
09/16/15 04:20 PM
09/16/15 04:20 PM
L
LurkerGuy Offline
Button
LurkerGuy  Offline
L
Button
Originally Posted By: furio_from_naples
Originally Posted By: SonnyBlackstein
Originally Posted By: bronx
little al

D'Arco wasnt even facing charges but I guess if saving your own ass is 'initiative' then he would qualify.

Tartaglione is the best posted example.

Why Tartaglione is a good example ? D'arco flipped for save the his and his son al jr life; tartaglione flipped because was facing murder and racketeering and don't wan't to die in prison.

You're misreading the article you cited. Massino was the one facing murder and racketeering charges. Tartaglione wasn't facing charges when he flipped, but when Vitale agreed to testify he knew it was only a matter of time, and agreed to wear a wire talking to Massino.

Re: Guys who have flipped out of their own initiative [Re: SonnyBlackstein] #860294
09/16/15 07:59 PM
09/16/15 07:59 PM
Fleming_Ave Offline
Underboss
Fleming_Ave  Offline
Underboss
little al

D'Arco wasnt even facing charges but I guess if saving your own ass is 'initiative' then he would qualify.

Yeah, if his book is to be believed, (who knows?) he thought they were going to clip him.

Re: Guys who have flipped out of their own initiative [Re: Nicholas] #860302
09/16/15 09:26 PM
09/16/15 09:26 PM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

This guy Bobby deluca down Providence flipped it be er really came out why. I guess he was caught red handing in a extortion and was gonna get a 3 strike life bid. His sneaky ass wore a wire didn't have to testify cause all party's plead out to the new England strip club shakedowns and probaly living in Florida. He was close to Frank salemmi and Ray Jr.

Re: Guys who have flipped out of their own initiative [Re: Nicholas] #860312
09/16/15 11:49 PM
09/16/15 11:49 PM
Australia
M
Mickey_MeatBalls_DeMonica Offline
Mickey Meatballs
Mickey_MeatBalls_DeMonica  Offline
Mickey Meatballs
M
Underboss
Australia
Originally Posted By: Nicholas
I imagine it's the same for that Irish punk Whitey Bulger.

Bulger's a bit of a different case altogether though. In his case, he was able to take out "insurance" so to speak. Even if you compare him to Scarpa, Scarpa's handlers were found to have not been aware of the sheer magnitude of his criminality, unless you believe that DeVecchio was indeed as guilty as he was charged with. In the Bulger case, FBI agents were found to have actively supplied information to Bulger which helped him continue his enterprises and commit murder. Less "turning a blind eye" than becoming complicit themselves.

A rats a rat though, I guess it's just semantics beyond that. Why do you refer to Bulger as a "punk" though? Aren't they all "punks" by that distinction? Especially, in this particular case, Steve Flemmi who was already an informant? Bulger had already served a lengthy sentence by the time he was providing information to Rico and Connelly. Less "afraid" of prison and more just not wanting to have to go back, it would seem. He'd already spent many years at Alcatraz, amongst other penitentiaries. He was scum, for sure, but punk connotates, I dont know, some sort of weakness...? And I wouldn't call Scarpa or Bulger weak. More rat cunning and calculating, if anything.

More on topic, Pasquale Barbaro aka "Il Principale" was an Australian boss who flipped in the early '90's after he'd left his wife to marry a 23 year old Filipino woman. He was later murdered, but provided a lot of information to authorities while he was not actually facing any charges himself. Granted, the family of his spurned wife (Agrestas IIRC) may or may not have been after him.

(cough.)
Re: Guys who have flipped out of their own initiative [Re: LurkerGuy] #860327
09/17/15 11:54 AM
09/17/15 11:54 AM
S
SinatraClub Offline
Underboss
SinatraClub  Offline
S
Underboss
Originally Posted By: LurkerGuy
Originally Posted By: furio_from_naples
little al

Tartaglione is the best posted example.

Why Tartaglione is a good example ? D'arco flipped for save the his and his son al jr life; tartaglione flipped because was facing murder and racketeering and don't wan't to die in prison.

You're misreading the article you cited. Massino was the one facing murder and racketeering charges. Tartaglione wasn't facing charges when he flipped, but when Vitale agreed to testify he knew it was only a matter of time, and agreed to wear a wire talking to Massino.

You're right, Tartaglione flipped after Vitale did because Vitale had info on murders Tartaglione was involved in back in the day. But he didn't wear a wire on Massino, Massino was already in prison. Tartaglione wore a wire on Tony Urso, Cammarano & Vinny Basciano a few times.

Re: Guys who have flipped out of their own initiative [Re: Nicholas] #860379
09/18/15 12:23 AM
09/18/15 12:23 AM
M
mulberry Offline
Underboss
mulberry  Offline
M
Underboss
Zerilli in Detroit even though he had nothing to give up

Re: Guys who have flipped out of their own initiative [Re: mulberry] #860381
09/18/15 01:28 AM
09/18/15 01:28 AM
SonnyBlackstein Offline
Underboss
SonnyBlackstein  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: mulberry
Zerilli in Detroit even though he had nothing to give up

Great example.

Amazing nothing come from it.

MORGAN: Why didn't you fight him at the park if you wanted to? I'm not goin' now, I'm eatin' my snack.
CHUCKIE: Morgan, Let's go.
MORGAN: I'm serious Chuckie, I ain't goin'.
WILL: So don't go.
Re: Guys who have flipped out of their own initiative [Re: Mickey_MeatBalls_DeMonica] #860544
09/19/15 06:36 PM
09/19/15 06:36 PM
Orange County, CA
Nicholas Offline OP
Underboss
Nicholas  Offline OP
Underboss
Orange County, CA
Originally Posted By: Mickey_MeatBalls_DeMonica
Originally Posted By: Nicholas
I imagine it's the same for that Irish punk Whitey Bulger.

Bulger's a bit of a different case altogether though. In his case, he was able to take out "insurance" so to speak. Even if you compare him to Scarpa, Scarpa's handlers were found to have not been aware of the sheer magnitude of his criminality, unless you believe that DeVecchio was indeed as guilty as he was charged with. In the Bulger case, FBI agents were found to have actively supplied information to Bulger which helped him continue his enterprises and commit murder. Less "turning a blind eye" than becoming complicit themselves.

A rats a rat though, I guess it's just semantics beyond that. Why do you refer to Bulger as a "punk" though? Aren't they all "punks" by that distinction? Especially, in this particular case, Steve Flemmi who was already an informant? Bulger had already served a lengthy sentence by the time he was providing information to Rico and Connelly. Less "afraid" of prison and more just not wanting to have to go back, it would seem. He'd already spent many years at Alcatraz, amongst other penitentiaries. He was scum, for sure, but punk connotates, I dont know, some sort of weakness...? And I wouldn't call Scarpa or Bulger weak. More rat cunning and calculating, if anything.

More on topic, Pasquale Barbaro aka "Il Principale" was an Australian boss who flipped in the early '90's after he'd left his wife to marry a 23 year old Filipino woman. He was later murdered, but provided a lot of information to authorities while he was not actually facing any charges himself. Granted, the family of his spurned wife (Agrestas IIRC) may or may not have been after him.

Cool info about the Aussie. Interesting.

As for Bulger being a punk, I'm going off personal opinion, and confirmed by what Phil Leonetti said about him in a Huffington Post editorial.

"The Feds are a business Anthony, millions of tax dollars are invested in watching your ass, sooner or later, just like you, their gonna want a return on their investment." --- Neil Mink, Tony Soprano's lawyer
Re: Guys who have flipped out of their own initiative [Re: Mickey_MeatBalls_DeMonica] #860545
09/19/15 06:52 PM
09/19/15 06:52 PM
D
Dwalin2011 Offline
Underboss
Dwalin2011  Offline
D
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Mickey_MeatBalls_DeMonica
Scarpa's handlers were found to have not been aware of the sheer magnitude of his criminality, unless you believe that DeVecchio was indeed as guilty as he was charged with.

I think he is guilty. Just because he is acquitted doesn't mean the verdict should be accepted as "gospel" by every person. There are plenty of cases of innocents being convicted and even more of guilty ones going free, especially criminal politicians and law enforcement.

Willie Marfeo to Henry Tameleo:

1) "You people want a loaf of bread and you throw the crumbs back. Well, fuck you. I ain't closing down."

2) "Get out of here, old man. Go tell Raymond to go shit in his hat. We're not giving you anything."
Re: Guys who have flipped out of their own initiative [Re: Nicholas] #860552
09/19/15 08:01 PM
09/19/15 08:01 PM
R
RollinBones Offline
Underboss
RollinBones  Offline
R
Underboss
Does anyone here think DeVecchio WASN'T aware of at least most of the shit Scarpa was doing? The only reason they really dropped the charges is all of the guys that would get out due to the tainted investigation, like Vic Orena. DeVecchio was as big a piece of shit as John Connolly was but it's crazy how Connolly took it on the chin and and DeVecchio is out here writing books and appearing in mob docs. Also, didn't the feds try to pin some of the bullshit DeVecchio did on an NYPD guy? And he beat the case but still lost his pension, can't remember the exact story.

Last edited by RollinBones; 09/19/15 08:01 PM.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull