GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 162 guests, and 14 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,657
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,184
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,518
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,389
Posts1,059,911
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Whacked vs. Shelved in today's LCN [Re: Tandem] #858507
09/01/15 08:29 PM
09/01/15 08:29 PM
CT
M
mightyhealthy Offline
Underboss
mightyhealthy  Offline
M
Underboss
CT
PB, how many young guys even come from impoverished backgrounds anymore? Gonna have a soft mob soon :-D

Re: Whacked vs. Shelved in today's LCN [Re: mightyhealthy] #858522
09/01/15 10:02 PM
09/01/15 10:02 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: mightyhealthy
PB, how many young guys even come from impoverished backgrounds anymore? Gonna have a soft mob soon :-D

That's what none of the fanboys can grasp. The best and the brightest Italian-Americans have assimilated into the suburbs. I'm still in the city because that's where our properties are located. But when my son graduates college in two more years and joins his sisters in the work force? That's that.

They'll always be around to some degree because crime will always exist. But the recruiting pool is thinning in quality if not quantity. Status quo for another generation or two, then you'll see the big changes.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Whacked vs. Shelved in today's LCN [Re: pizzaboy] #858669
09/02/15 07:52 PM
09/02/15 07:52 PM
Belette Offline
Made Member
Belette  Offline
Made Member
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
I'm not a sociologist, Belette. But it's a lot of things. Years ago most Italians here were dirt poor, yet there would be about ten percent of the neighborhood driving Cadillacs while your own father might have been making a hundred dollars a week. It's the pull of the street (which is disappearing as Italian-Americans assimilate more and more). And most of all, it's living with these guys (even if you're not one of them) for forty or fifty years.

Now there are many more well-versed individuals on this board when it comes to charts and reports and all of that. But from where I'm standing, there are just certain things that I can't explain. When you're 55 years old, you'll know a great deal more about the people you grew up with than someone who read about them in The United States. You'll see.

Thanks PB, yeah I'm most interested in the human aspect of all this. Especially when the bright guys go into it, even though it would seem they have other options too. I guess like you say, you deal with these guys all your life since you were a kid, it alters your morals in a certain way unless you pay special attention and be even smarter than the bright guys. Maybe it's like war, the guys who are insightful and consider the morals of things will never last long. The ones who accept the crude reality and simply accept the rules of the game will do just fine.

And then there are the opportunist psychopaths who will sell their mother when it comes the time to save your ass.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull