GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 276 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,490
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,923
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,333
Posts1,058,811
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Frank Cali Gangland confims new boss #856860
08/20/15 03:08 PM
08/20/15 03:08 PM
G
gangstereport Offline OP
Underboss
gangstereport  Offline OP
G
Underboss

according to gangland and newspapers frank cali has been named new boss

Gambino Family's New Boss: A Brooklyn-Born Wiseguy With Ties To Sicily
Frank CaliFour years after the Gambino family severed its last ties to the John Gotti era by choosing a member of its Sicilian faction to lead it, the borghata has again reaffirmed its move away from the Dapper Don's swashbuckling leadership style. In its most recent election, family leaders have tapped a Brooklyn-born wiseguy with strong ties to Sicily, a mobster with a decidedly "old-school" mentality as its acting boss.

According to sources on both sides of the law, underboss Frank Cali, long viewed by the feds as a rising star in the crime family, has replaced Domenico (Italian Dom) Cefalu as the wiseguy quietly calling the shots for the Gambinos. Gotti clan elder Peter Gotti, 75, who is cooling his heels at a federal prison in Lisbon, Ohio, is still the "official boss." But it's in name only. All agree that the former New York city sanitation worker has no say in the crime family's business.

"It's really no surprise," said one of three law enforcement sources who credited the 50-year-old Cali as the reigning Gambino crime family godfather. "We recognized him as an up and comer when he began showing up at clubs in the late 80s, when he was still in his 20s."

Alexander DalessioAlexander Dalessio, A 'Bookmaking Legend,' Chec

Not connected with scott or anyone at gangsterreport

Sorry for the confusion
Re: Frank Cali Gangland confims new boss [Re: gangstereport] #856862
08/20/15 03:18 PM
08/20/15 03:18 PM
T
TommyGambino Offline
Underboss
TommyGambino  Offline
T
Underboss
Peter Gotti official boss lol

I can understand peoples claims for Cefalu, Cali or John Gambino. but Pete? That's ridiculous.

Re: Frank Cali Gangland confims new boss [Re: TommyGambino] #856863
08/20/15 03:20 PM
08/20/15 03:20 PM
G
gangstereport Offline OP
Underboss
G
Underboss
ignore it just the feds list peter as the offical because they love the gotti name

Sorry for the confusion
Re: Frank Cali Gangland confims new boss [Re: gangstereport] #856864
08/20/15 03:23 PM
08/20/15 03:23 PM
G
gangstereport Offline OP
Underboss
G
Underboss
capeci is one of the greatest mob reporters ever so i am going to believe this and peter is offical boss so what its in name only does not matter i dont know why people tale notice of this its the same with vic amuso

Sorry for the confusion
Re: Frank Cali Gangland confims new boss [Re: gangstereport] #856866
08/20/15 03:27 PM
08/20/15 03:27 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Last edited by IvyLeague; 08/20/15 03:28 PM.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: Frank Cali Gangland confims new boss [Re: gangstereport] #856867
08/20/15 03:40 PM
08/20/15 03:40 PM
M
mike68 Offline
Underboss
mike68  Offline
M
Underboss
Originally Posted By: gangstereport
capeci is one of the greatest mob reporters ever so i am going to believe this and peter is offical boss so what its in name only does not matter i dont know why people tale notice of this its the same with vic amuso

Better than the guy who writes Gangster Report???

Re: Frank Cali Gangland confims new boss [Re: mike68] #856868
08/20/15 03:45 PM
08/20/15 03:45 PM
T
TommyGambino Offline
Underboss
TommyGambino  Offline
T
Underboss
Originally Posted By: mike68

Yeah, Capeci is still the best by a mile, but that isn't saying much. His articles are becoming more unbelievable every week.

Re: Frank Cali Gangland confims new boss [Re: mike68] #856869
08/20/15 03:46 PM
08/20/15 03:46 PM
G
gangstereport Offline OP
Underboss
G
Underboss
Originally Posted By: mike68

lol

i think scotts one of the best reporters at this time and is a big up and comer. I see him as the next geogre antastia.

but no mob reporter comes close with jerry capeci. He is the boss of all mob reporters

Last edited by gangstereport; 08/20/15 03:47 PM.

Sorry for the confusion
Re: Frank Cali Gangland confims new boss [Re: gangstereport] #856870
08/20/15 04:00 PM
08/20/15 04:00 PM
M
mulberry Offline
Underboss
mulberry  Offline
M
Underboss
Has anyone been caught on a bug in the past 13 years saying that Peter Gotti is the official boss? How about informants? Have they told law enforcement that Petey is the official boss? Is anyone still kicking money up to Pete besides his family members? He's as much the official boss of the Gambinos as Nicky Scarfo is the official boss of Philly. I can understand Vic Amuso being listed as the official boss. He probably gets some money each month just to keep his mouth shut even though he has no power left on the streets.

Re: Frank Cali Gangland confims new boss [Re: mulberry] #856871
08/20/15 04:03 PM
T
TommyGambino Offline
Underboss
TommyGambino  Offline
T
Underboss
Originally Posted By: mulberry
Has anyone been caught on a bug in the past 13 years saying that Peter Gotti is the official boss? How about informants? Have they told law enforcement that Petey is the official boss? Is anyone still kicking money up to Pete besides his family members? He's as much the official boss of the Gambinos as Nicky Scarfo is the official boss of Philly. I can understand Vic Amuso being listed as the official boss. He probably gets some money each month just to keep his mouth shut even though he has no power left on the streets.

Well said Mulberry, exactly my thoughts. Try telling that to Ivy.

Re: Frank Cali Gangland confims new boss [Re: gangstereport] #856872
G
gangstereport Offline OP
Underboss
G
Underboss
who cares like i said before the feds prob listed him because of the gotti name

Sorry for the confusion
Re: Frank Cali Gangland confims new boss [Re: gangstereport] #856873
08/20/15 04:07 PM
08/20/15 04:07 PM
T
TommyGambino Offline
Underboss
TommyGambino  Offline
T
Underboss
who cares like i said before the feds prob listed him because of the gotti name

The feds don't list him though. They think cefalu is boss. Capeci is more likely to name the Gotti's to get attention, wait til Genie get's home.

Re: Frank Cali Gangland confims new boss [Re: gangstereport] #856881
08/20/15 04:36 PM
08/20/15 04:36 PM
Ted Offline
Underboss
Ted  Offline
Underboss
Interesting article. Here's a couple exscripts.

"He's an old school guy, he doesn't talk on the phone, and he only meets with people he knows," said another law enforcement source. In one 2006 incident described in court papers, it took five phone calls with two underlings to arrange a meeting in the Bay Ridge section of Brooklyn between Cali and capo Michael (Mickey Boy) Paradiso in which neither Cali nor Paradiso's names were mentioned. Paradiso's guy referred to Cali, who has a produce business, as "the fruit guy," and Cali's guy referred to Paradiso as "the Staten Island guy," according to a court filing.

Closer to home, several sources said they viewed Cali's ascension as a positive move for the Gambino crime family based on his track record as an "earner" and a wiseguy who "shares the wealth" with his crew members.

"He makes a lot of people partners in things that he does," said DiLeonardo, who tried to snare Cali in some illegal chatter in late 2002 when Mikey Scars flipped and was trying to make his bones with Team America. "He's a mild mannered, even tempered guy. He's not greedy; he makes everybody eat. He's not a micro-manager, but he's involved in everything he does."

And in the late 90s, they wrote, Cali had "illegal joker poker gambling machines" in several social clubs and other establishments in Brooklyn. Among them were "four or five machines in Café Italia in Brooklyn" alone, according to the feds. The machines generated money for Cali, his partners, and — as he did religiously in all his ventures — a 10% tribute off the top to the Administration.

"I die outside; I die in jail. It don't matter to me," -John Franzese
Re: Frank Cali Gangland confims new boss [Re: Ted] #856882
08/20/15 04:45 PM
08/20/15 04:45 PM
G
gangstereport Offline OP
Underboss
G
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Ted
Interesting article. Here's a couple exscripts.

"He's an old school guy, he doesn't talk on the phone, and he only meets with people he knows," said another law enforcement source. In one 2006 incident described in court papers, it took five phone calls with two underlings to arrange a meeting in the Bay Ridge section of Brooklyn between Cali and capo Michael (Mickey Boy) Paradiso in which neither Cali nor Paradiso's names were mentioned. Paradiso's guy referred to Cali, who has a produce business, as "the fruit guy," and Cali's guy referred to Paradiso as "the Staten Island guy," according to a court filing.

Closer to home, several sources said they viewed Cali's ascension as a positive move for the Gambino crime family based on his track record as an "earner" and a wiseguy who "shares the wealth" with his crew members.

"He makes a lot of people partners in things that he does," said DiLeonardo, who tried to snare Cali in some illegal chatter in late 2002 when Mikey Scars flipped and was trying to make his bones with Team America. "He's a mild mannered, even tempered guy. He's not greedy; he makes everybody eat. He's not a micro-manager, but he's involved in everything he does."

And in the late 90s, they wrote, Cali had "illegal joker poker gambling machines" in several social clubs and other establishments in Brooklyn. Among them were "four or five machines in Café Italia in Brooklyn" alone, according to the feds. The machines generated money for Cali, his partners, and — as he did religiously in all his ventures — a 10% tribute off the top to the Administration.

i know back in 2009 he was running a wine company.

I hear he is major in the meat business he runs a meat company worth 30mil

Sorry for the confusion
Re: Frank Cali Gangland confims new boss [Re: gangstereport] #856883
08/20/15 04:51 PM
08/20/15 04:51 PM
B
Belmont Offline
Underboss
Belmont  Offline
B
Underboss
Does Cali live in Brooklyn or staten island? He have a club/ headquarters?

Last edited by Belmont; 08/20/15 04:51 PM.
Re: Frank Cali Gangland confims new boss [Re: TommyGambino] #856885
08/20/15 04:58 PM
08/20/15 04:58 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Originally Posted By: TommyGambino

You guys talk as if you would even care if it was confirmed by bugs, informants, or law enforcement. Law enforcement and informants confirmed Amuso is still boss and you guys didn't believe that either.

Nobody is claiming Scarfo is the boss so it's different than the Gotti situation. He at least has the title - Capeci said as much - which Scarfo doesn't. That said, we shouldn't be so quick to assume how much clout an imprisoned boss does or doesn't have.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: Frank Cali Gangland confims new boss [Re: TommyGambino] #856901
08/20/15 05:47 PM
08/20/15 05:47 PM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

I can understand peoples claims for Cefalu, Cali or John Gambino. but Pete? That's ridiculous.

His Gambino source in Nottingham told him. It's kosher.

I invoke my right under the 5th amendment of the United States constitution and decline to answer the question.
Re: Frank Cali Gangland confims new boss [Re: gangstereport] #856902
08/20/15 05:50 PM
08/20/15 05:50 PM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

I am not going to get involved in who is calling the shots, be it Amuso or Crea.

I just want to know this.

What is the status on Frank Lastorino, Anthony Baratta and George Zappola?

I want to say demoted to soldier, retired and capo.

I invoke my right under the 5th amendment of the United States constitution and decline to answer the question.
Re: Frank Cali Gangland confims new boss [Re: Moe_Tilden] #856905
08/20/15 05:58 PM
08/20/15 05:58 PM
manchester uk
domwoods74 Offline
Underboss
domwoods74  Offline
Underboss
manchester uk
Originally Posted By: Moe_Tilden
I am not going to get involved in who is calling the shots, be it Amuso or Crea.

I just want to know this.

What is the status on Frank Lastorino, Anthony Baratta and George Zappola?

I want to say demoted to soldier, retired and capo.
i was under the impression those guys were all pretty much shelved because they were in on the plot to kill crea

Re: Frank Cali Gangland confims new boss [Re: Moe_Tilden] #856906
08/20/15 06:01 PM
08/20/15 06:01 PM
T
TommyGambino Offline
Underboss
TommyGambino  Offline
T
Underboss

I might speculate, but ask anyone on this forum who there they think is really boss, nobody will mention a different name then them 3.

You sit on internet forums cracking jokes, which nobody finds funny, fucking window licker.

Re: Frank Cali Gangland confims new boss [Re: IvyLeague] #856915
08/20/15 06:21 PM
08/20/15 06:21 PM
D
dave213 Offline
Button
dave213  Offline
D
Button
Originally Posted By: IvyLeague

You guys talk as if you would even care if it was confirmed by bugs, informants, or law enforcement. Law enforcement and informants confirmed Amuso is still boss and you guys didn't believe that either.

Nobody is claiming Scarfo is the boss so it's different than the Gotti situation. He at least has the title - Capeci said as much - which Scarfo doesn't. That said, we shouldn't be so quick to assume how much clout an imprisoned boss does or doesn't have.

Are people arguing about titles, or more about how much power the person has? I don't think anyone cares if Amuso has the "Official Boss" title or not. The debate is how much power he actually has.

Capeci says that Peter Gotti is the Official Boss in name only, and has NO say in the streets. That shows you right there that it's possible someone could be Official Boss in name only, while others with unofficial power, or whatever you want to call it, are actually running the family.

Re: Frank Cali Gangland confims new boss [Re: TommyGambino] #856916
08/20/15 06:24 PM
08/20/15 06:24 PM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

I might speculate, but ask anyone on this forum who there they think is really boss, nobody will mention a different name then them 3.

You sit on internet forums cracking jokes, which nobody finds funny, fucking window licker.

I am just breaking your balls. Learn to take a joke.

Re: Frank Cali Gangland confims new boss [Re: dave213] #856917
08/20/15 06:28 PM
08/20/15 06:28 PM
T
TommyGambino Offline
Underboss
TommyGambino  Offline
T
Underboss
Originally Posted By: dave213
Originally Posted By: IvyLeague

Are people arguing about titles, or more about how much power the person has? I don't think anyone cares if Amuso has the "Official Boss" title or not. The debate is how much power he actually has.

Capeci says that Peter Gotti is the Official Boss in name only, and has NO say in the streets. That shows you right there that it's possible someone could be Official Boss in name only, while others with unofficial power, or whatever you want to call it, are actually running the family.

When people are boss in 'name only' it's normally for a reason, to deflect heat away from the real people running things, the feds knew 4 years ago Pete had no say so I don't understand how it benefits the Gambino admin.

After Jr Gotti was chased he probably lost what little power he had left, then Cefalu took over in 2011.

Re: Frank Cali Gangland confims new boss [Re: Moe_Tilden] #856918
08/20/15 06:29 PM
08/20/15 06:29 PM
T
TommyGambino Offline
Underboss
TommyGambino  Offline
T
Underboss

Your jokes aren't funny though. It's weird, you know everyone doesn't find you funny, but all you do is crack awful jokes on here, I'm guessing you still live with your mum?

Re: Frank Cali Gangland confims new boss [Re: TommyGambino] #856923
08/20/15 06:36 PM
08/20/15 06:36 PM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

Quote:

Quote:
Your jokes aren't funny though. It's weird, you know everyone doesn't find you funny, but all you do is crack awful jokes on here, I'm guessing you still live with your mum?

No, I moved out. I am living with your mum now.

Re: Frank Cali Gangland confims new boss [Re: Moe_Tilden] #856925
08/20/15 06:44 PM
08/20/15 06:44 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck

Nottingham, County Cork. What's the fucking difference?

Oh, yeah. Tommy's a serious researcher, that's the difference. And before you point out that you're not from County Cork, it was a deliberate misnomer. You're both from the UK, but you couldn't shine Tommy's shoes as a researcher, especially where the Gambinos are concerned,

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Frank Cali Gangland confims new boss [Re: gangstereport] #856926
08/20/15 06:47 PM
08/20/15 06:47 PM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

Come on PB, you know Ireland is not in the UK. You are more intelligent than that.

And if I can get over the fact that Tommy Gambino deliberately made up malicious bullshit about me having several accounts, then I am sure he can take a lighthearted joke.

Re: Frank Cali Gangland confims new boss [Re: gangstereport] #856928
08/20/15 06:59 PM
08/20/15 06:59 PM
manchester uk
domwoods74 Offline
Underboss
domwoods74  Offline
Underboss
manchester uk
Your all just arguing over speculation , most of wot people learn is from people who say things on these forums . Then u have the serious researchers who know a wealth of knowledge on the past mob , nobody can say for sure wot goes on in the current day mob , there r made guys who don't know wot family they belong to . How would any of us really know ?? We r all just taking someone else's word for it

Last edited by domwoods74; 08/20/15 07:02 PM.
Re: Frank Cali Gangland confims new boss [Re: Moe_Tilden] #856931
08/20/15 07:08 PM
08/20/15 07:08 PM
SonnyBlackstein Offline
Underboss
SonnyBlackstein  Offline
Underboss
Quote:

Quote:

See, that's funny.

And Tommy, relax. I know you're getting it from all sides, but we know you've a good point.
Carrying the title in name only is a decoy move. What's the point of pinning the title if it's known to be bullshit. And it's a good issue. But we don't know the answer, and we're not likely to for a while.

IMO all this arguing is over nothing.

MORGAN: Why didn't you fight him at the park if you wanted to? I'm not goin' now, I'm eatin' my snack.
CHUCKIE: Morgan, Let's go.
MORGAN: I'm serious Chuckie, I ain't goin'.
WILL: So don't go.
Re: Frank Cali Gangland confims new boss [Re: SonnyBlackstein] #856933
08/20/15 07:24 PM
08/20/15 07:24 PM
T
TommyGambino Offline
Underboss
TommyGambino  Offline
T
Underboss
Originally Posted By: SonnyBlackstein
Quote:

Quote:

See, that's funny.

And Tommy, relax. I know you're getting it from all sides, but we know you've a good point.
Carrying the title in name only is a decoy move. What's the point of pinning the title if it's known to be bullshit. And it's a good issue. But we don't know the answer, and we're not likely to for a while.

IMO all this arguing is over nothing.

That's funny? Do you spend your spare time watching paint dry Sonny? wink

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull