GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 304 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,490
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,923
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,333
Posts1,058,811
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Will Joey Merlino resume his turkey giveaway... [Re: satch7] #856274
08/16/15 03:43 AM
08/16/15 03:43 AM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Originally Posted By: satch7

I am going to be honest only a brain dead black man could be happy with the racial deal in America. All that praying, marching and forgiving shit has not changed one thing. We saw Zimmerman get off for some crap I could never get away with in 1,000 years in the worst ghetto in America plus saw folks reward Zimmerman and Darren Wilson with bounty money for killing unarmed black teenagers.The Zimmerman case made me for the first time in my life say "hey it is time to get a gun" and I am 56 yrs old. My biggest threat is not the hoodlum in the hood but racist cops and everyday racists because they can kill me and lie and folks will let them walk.i had a co-worker say 'MLK would not be happy with folks rioting in Ferguson",I said what do you think he would have said about folks sending Zimmerman and Wilson 1.5 mil for the lying crap they got away with?.The state has no business killing unarmed folks over nonsense like jaywalking and driving without a front tag

Allow me to be honest in return. It's the utter bullshit you posted above that's a prime example of the complete inability of so many black people to look past their own skin color and see things objectively.

I mean, who the hell do you think you're kidding? Zimmerman is no boy scout but Treyvon attacked him and was killed in self defense. Officer Wilson was completely justified in shooting Michael Brown who, let's not forget, bullied and robbed a store clerk not long before he attacked Wilson. The investigation and eye witnesses bore this out and Browns buddy was shown to be a liar. Both Treyvon and Brown were just ghetto thugs who likely would have ended up in prison on the tax payers dime. Their deaths were no loss to society. And before you come here and run your mouth, try doing some research and compare the numbers of blacks killed by other blacks and those killed by cops. There is no comparison. But you have more to fear from the cops? Get the hell out of here.

To paraphrase Warren Beatty in the movie Bulworth, until you people put down the chicken wings and malt liquor and get behind someone other than thugs who rob convenience stores and attack cops, you'll never go anywhere.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: Will Joey Merlino resume his turkey giveaway... [Re: Nicholas] #856281
08/16/15 06:22 AM
08/16/15 06:22 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: Nicholas
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
I've been a member of the Sons of Italy for 35 years, Nicholas. You're preaching to the choir, son. But that was a valiant effort on your part. You should be proud of yourself smile.

Hooah. I gave $100 to the NIAF after I watched them criticzing MTV on the news. Must've been Fox

Thank you by the way Pizza

@ Nicholas.

Martin Scorsese was once quoted as saying that the most realistic film ever made about Italian-Americans was "Fatso," directed by Anne Bancroft (whose given name was Anna Maria Louisa Italiano), and starring Dom DeLuise. I'm sure you can find the quote on Google.

And I happen to agree with him. It's an hysterical black comedy, and there's not a single cafone or gangster in the entire film. If you've never seen it, check it out. It's all about family, not "The Family." wink smile

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Will Joey Merlino resume his turkey giveaway... [Re: IvyLeague] #856283
08/16/15 06:46 AM
08/16/15 06:46 AM
S
satch7 Offline
Made Member
satch7  Offline
S
Made Member
Originally Posted By: IvyLeague

I am going to be honest only a brain dead black man could be happy with the racial deal in America. All that praying, marching and forgiving shit has not changed one thing. We saw Zimmerman get off for some crap I could never get away with in 1,000 years in the worst ghetto in America plus saw folks reward Zimmerman and Darren Wilson with bounty money for killing unarmed black teenagers.The Zimmerman case made me for the first time in my life say "hey it is time to get a gun" and I am 56 yrs old. My biggest threat is not the hoodlum in the hood but racist cops and everyday racists because they can kill me and lie and folks will let them walk.i had a co-worker say 'MLK would not be happy with folks rioting in Ferguson",I said what do you think he would have said about folks sending Zimmerman and Wilson 1.5 mil for the lying crap they got away with?.The state has no business killing unarmed folks over nonsense like jaywalking and driving without a front tag

Allow me to be honest in return. It's the utter bullshit you posted above that's a prime example of the complete inability of so many black people to look past their own skin color and see things objectively.

I mean, who the hell do you think you're kidding? Zimmerman is no boy scout but Treyvon attacked him and was killed in self defense. Officer Wilson was completely justified in shooting Michael Brown who, let's not forget, bullied and robbed a store clerk not long before he attacked Wilson. The investigation and eye witnesses bore this out and Browns buddy was shown to be a liar. Both Treyvon and Brown were just ghetto thugs who likely would have ended up in prison on the tax payers dime. Their deaths were no loss to society. And before you come here and run your mouth, try doing some research and compare the numbers of blacks killed by other blacks and those killed by cops. There is no comparison. But you have more to fear from the cops? Get the hell out of here.

To paraphrase Warren Beatty in the movie Bulworth, until you people put down the chicken wings and malt liquor and get behind someone other than thugs who rob convenience stores and attack cops, you'll never go anywhere.

so what you and others try to do is say there should be no crime in black neighborhoods before something is done about certain bs?Let me tell you that stuff you are talking is apple and oranges.Those dirt poor guys killing each other over drugs is no different than the mob murders that happened in the 1930's over alcohol; poverty drives crime decriminalize drugs and crap goes away. Who gets killed over selling alcohol now? no freaking body!!!.Black folks with well-paying jobs are not committing violent crimes,but they are at risk of getting smoked by a cop or KKK type still.Trayvon got killed in a gated community his father could afford to live in.This website is about stone killers by the way.should i stereotype all Italians? hell no I not better than that.

The police killings we have seen on video is the STATE killing people for trivial stuff. The Trayvon Martin stuff? Zimmermann has six different mug shots, how did he get them? and you believe him? You heard the 911 operator tell him to do nothing because the cops were on the way just like I did. Darren Wilson got fired from a police dept(Jennings, Mo) that got disbanded for racism but I am going to believe him?

Dude we played touch football in the street all the time.The cops never told us to get the f out the street like that POS did.Also, I lived(married to an STL girl) in St Louis for six yrs I know way more about the crap that goes on there with the cops than you do, i can tell you some stories.Ferguson has had about one homicide a yr for the last 15 years.that is not a crime riddled town, my inlaws live 5 minutes from there.I never worried about the cops there when i lived there, but I would not drive thru Jennings Missouri where Darren Wilson and those other goons were working before they ALL got fired. How do you know how those guys lives would have turned out? neither had a juvenile record so how can you say that? they were both in school. We saw how Wilson and Zimmermann were acting before those incidents. If they had juvenile records you better believe some low life would have leaked it. So let's agree to disagree, I know the deal with you. Your lil malt liquor and chicken wings statement tells me everything i need to know about where you coming from. Also, I better not see any folks rioting over a football or hockey game again since you talking about riots.

Last edited by satch7; 08/16/15 07:07 AM.
Re: Will Joey Merlino resume his turkey giveaway... [Re: Tonytough] #856293
08/16/15 10:56 AM
08/16/15 10:56 AM
A
Azure Offline
Wiseguy
Azure  Offline
A
Wiseguy
Just to dispel some myths posted here.

1) Poverty has demonstrated a minor correlation with violent crime, but not been shown to have causitive effect. A much higher correlation can be drawn to violent crime between income negligible racial groupings. Is, high income black people still commit higher crimes than whites or Asians of lower income brackets. Your attempt to compare today's black youth associated violence with that of 1930s American mobsters is unjustifiable. Care to compare the rates of crime between Prohibition era mobsters and gang bangers of today? Raheem and Trayvon make Luciano and Capone look like Ghandi.

2) A 911 dispatch(not an officer) has no legal bearing to tell someone to do anything. They are not officers. Should Zimmerman have followed that kid? Probably not. Should Trayvon have smashed his head into the ground after circling back to confront him? Again, likely not. Don't forget, TrayTray reached the safety of his fathers house before turning back. He initiated violence.

3)

Re: Will Joey Merlino resume his turkey giveaway... [Re: Tonytough] #856294
08/16/15 10:59 AM
08/16/15 10:59 AM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

I agree with your third point.

I invoke my right under the 5th amendment of the United States constitution and decline to answer the question.
Re: Will Joey Merlino resume his turkey giveaway... [Re: Moe_Tilden] #856295
08/16/15 11:00 AM
08/16/15 11:00 AM
Upstate, NY
thedudeabides87 Offline
Underboss
thedudeabides87  Offline
Underboss
Upstate, NY
Originally Posted By: Moe_Tilden

lol

The Dude: And, you know, he's got emotional problems, man.
Walter Sobchak: You mean... beyond pacifism?

Walter Sobchak: This guy f*cking walks. I've never been so sure of anything in my entire life
Re: Will Joey Merlino resume his turkey giveaway... [Re: Moe_Tilden] #856298
08/16/15 11:32 AM
08/16/15 11:32 AM
Serpiente Offline
Underboss
Serpiente  Offline
Underboss

Dam Moe does anything get by you ...

Cackling like a banty Rooster.

I love this," "I just love this."
Re: Will Joey Merlino resume his turkey giveaway... [Re: satch7] #856303
08/16/15 12:07 PM
08/16/15 12:07 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

so what you and others try to do is say there should be no crime in black neighborhoods before something is done about certain bs?Let me tell you that stuff you are talking is apple and oranges.Those dirt poor guys killing each other over drugs is no different than the mob murders that happened in the 1930's over alcohol; poverty drives crime decriminalize drugs and crap goes away. Who gets killed over selling alcohol now? no freaking body!!!.Black folks with well-paying jobs are not committing violent crimes,but they are at risk of getting smoked by a cop or KKK type still.Trayvon got killed in a gated community his father could afford to live in.This website is about stone killers by the way.should i stereotype all Italians? hell no I not better than that.

The police killings we have seen on video is the STATE killing people for trivial stuff. The Trayvon Martin stuff? Zimmermann has six different mug shots, how did he get them? and you believe him? You heard the 911 operator tell him to do nothing because the cops were on the way just like I did. Darren Wilson got fired from a police dept(Jennings, Mo) that got disbanded for racism but I am going to believe him?

Dude we played touch football in the street all the time.The cops never told us to get the f out the street like that POS did.Also, I lived(married to an STL girl) in St Louis for six yrs I know way more about the crap that goes on there with the cops than you do, i can tell you some stories.Ferguson has had about one homicide a yr for the last 15 years.that is not a crime riddled town, my inlaws live 5 minutes from there.I never worried about the cops there when i lived there, but I would not drive thru Jennings Missouri where Darren Wilson and those other goons were working before they ALL got fired. How do you know how those guys lives would have turned out? neither had a juvenile record so how can you say that? they were both in school. We saw how Wilson and Zimmermann were acting before those incidents. If they had juvenile records you better believe some low life would have leaked it. So let's agree to disagree, I know the deal with you. Your lil malt liquor and chicken wings statement tells me everything i need to know about where you coming from. Also, I better not see any folks rioting over a football or hockey game again since you talking about riots.

You are obviously cookcounty 2.0 so it's futile to even attempt to reason with you. So just a few points...

People may not be killed selling alcool but more die from the effects of it (disease, traffic accidents, etc) than ever did during Prohibition years ago or as a result of illegal drugs today. Blaming digs being illegal, besides being innacurate, is just a cop out.

Your KKK comment is absurd. It's 2015. Not 1915.

And Wison resigned his position. He was not fired. But you obviously don't want to be confused with the facts.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: Will Joey Merlino resume his turkey giveaway... [Re: Tonytough] #856323
08/16/15 02:26 PM
08/16/15 02:26 PM
CT
M
mightyhealthy Offline
Underboss
mightyhealthy  Offline
M
Underboss
CT
Chill, Ivy. We get it. You're racist.

This is an OC board lets keep it that way.

Re: Will Joey Merlino resume his turkey giveaway... [Re: Moe_Tilden] #856324
08/16/15 02:27 PM
08/16/15 02:27 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck

Okay, now THAT'S was funny lol.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Will Joey Merlino resume his turkey giveaway... [Re: mightyhealthy] #856328
08/16/15 03:26 PM
08/16/15 03:26 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Originally Posted By: mightyhealthy
Chill, Ivy. We get it. You're racist.

This is an OC board lets keep it that way.

Stating the facts and not buying into BS makes me racist?

Re: Will Joey Merlino resume his turkey giveaway... [Re: satch7] #856331
08/16/15 03:37 PM
08/16/15 03:37 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
I am going to be honest only a brain dead black man could be happy with the racial deal in America. All that praying, marching and forgiving shit has not changed one thing.

You're right.

We're still lynching Black people. Black people still can't ride the front of the bus or use public restrooms. Black people still can't go on to become professionals or wealthy businessmen. Black people still can't eat in certain restaurants or stay in certain hotels. Black people haven't become BILLIONAIRES in the Hip-Hop industry. Black people can't become President (oh, wait).

You're right. Nothing's changed since Selma rolleyes.

Re: Will Joey Merlino resume his turkey giveaway... [Re: pizzaboy] #856333
08/16/15 03:38 PM
08/16/15 03:38 PM
Orange County, CA
Nicholas Offline
Underboss
Nicholas  Offline
Underboss
Orange County, CA
Originally Posted By: Nicholas
I've been a member of the Sons of Italy for 35 years, Nicholas. You're preaching to the choir, son. But that was a valiant effort on your part. You should be proud of yourself smile.

Hooah. I gave $100 to the NIAF after I watched them criticzing MTV on the news. Must've been Fox

Thank you by the way Pizza

@ Nicholas.

Martin Scorsese was once quoted as saying that the most realistic film ever made about Italian-Americans was "Fatso," directed by Anne Bancroft (whose given name was Anna Maria Louisa Italiano), and starring Dom DeLuise. I'm sure you can find the quote on Google.

And I happen to agree with him. It's an hysterical black comedy, and there's not a single cafone or gangster in the entire film. If you've never seen it, check it out. It's all about family, not "The Family." wink smile

I've heard of Fatso, and I've seen a bit of it. For a 1980 film, it certainly was a head of it's time. Thank you for the background on Anne Bancroft.

Not to get too off topic, for someone my age, I am a tremendous film buff. Tremendous. I've seen films most people have not, particularly young cinemaphiles who claim they want to be "actors", there's tons out here. Fuckers.

In no particular order my favorite films:

Thief with James Caan (favorite crime film, and when people ask I always say, "Thief. With James Caan."

Three Kings
Top Gun
On Officer and a Gentleman
Navy SEALS "With Charlie Sheen" (1990)
Terms of Endearment....Yeah
Stand by Me

Stand by Me is The Sandlot for kids who grew up in a realistic environment. Interpret "realistic environment" however you like.

"The Feds are a business Anthony, millions of tax dollars are invested in watching your ass, sooner or later, just like you, their gonna want a return on their investment." --- Neil Mink, Tony Soprano's lawyer
Re: Will Joey Merlino resume his turkey giveaway... [Re: Azure] #856683
08/19/15 06:46 AM
08/19/15 06:46 AM
S
satch7 Offline
Made Member
satch7  Offline
S
Made Member
Originally Posted By: Azure
Just to dispel some myths posted here.

1) Poverty has demonstrated a minor correlation with violent crime, but not been shown to have causitive effect. A much higher correlation can be drawn to violent crime between income negligible racial groupings. Is, high income black people still commit higher crimes than whites or Asians of lower income brackets. Your attempt to compare today's black youth associated violence with that of 1930s American mobsters is unjustifiable. Care to compare the rates of crime between Prohibition era mobsters and gang bangers of today? Raheem and Trayvon make Luciano and Capone look like Ghandi.

2) A 911 dispatch(not an officer) has no legal bearing to tell someone to do anything. They are not officers. Should Zimmerman have followed that kid? Probably not. Should Trayvon have smashed his head into the ground after circling back to confront him? Again, likely not. Don't forget, TrayTray reached the safety of his fathers house before turning back. He initiated violence.

3)

sir that first statement is flat out wrong I bet my bottom dollar I know way more skilled black folks across the country than you.i can tell you they are not committing crimes.If I show my friends that stuff they would laugh out loud and say get the F out of here!.You do not know any middle and upper-class black folks if you believe that.Here is a common scenario, the man works at the post office his wife is an RN do you really think folks like that are committing crimes? they can afford a nice house and cars in most places in America easily.I know scores of black people like them because I am a licensed aircraft mechanic who worked at two airlines and those brothers I worked with were married to educated black women.Those mother effers are not committing crimes.

Why would you defend a liar like that guy.there is no freaking way I can do what he did and walk, that same jury would have convicted my black behind.Are you willing to tell me why we constantly hear about some black man getting out of jail after being falsely railroaded into prison?Those numbers are well over 100, who lied on them?

George Zimmerman has had seven situations where the police were involved, all but one (a traffic stop) involved violence, four involved guns, three involved domestic battery, two which involved guns, and one resulted in the death of someone.
Zimmerman is now officially self-identified as a racist. Not that it was a big secret. But now there is no way the killer of Trayvon Martin can pretend. He is now selling confederate flag art

http://time.com/4001437/george-zimmerman-confederate-flag-painting/

Last edited by satch7; 08/19/15 06:52 AM.
Re: Will Joey Merlino resume his turkey giveaway... [Re: pizzaboy] #856687
08/19/15 07:25 AM
08/19/15 07:25 AM
S
satch7 Offline
Made Member
satch7  Offline
S
Made Member
I am going to be honest only a brain dead black man could be happy with the racial deal in America. All that praying, marching and forgiving shit has not changed one thing.

You're right.

We're still lynching Black people. Black people still can't ride the front of the bus or use public restrooms. Black people still can't go on to become professionals or wealthy businessmen. Black people still can't eat in certain restaurants or stay in certain hotels. Black people haven't become BILLIONAIRES in the Hip-Hop industry. Black people can't become President (oh, wait).

You're right. Nothing's changed since Selma rolleyes.

Pizza you know better than that lol. Those same folks you named can get blown away by a racist or crooked cop still, hell they killed MLK. I will not argue with you about what can be done in this country.My old man left my moms with seven kids; we were poor as shit. But we all got our educations and have good jobs; no jail, drug or teen pregnancies. But anybody who tells me there is not a ton of racism in America is lying.Every white person in America knows a racist white. I can tell you a ton of stories about racist crap. i am 56 yrs old just like you and not saying the KKK is behind every tree, but i would be naive as hell to think there are not a gang of racists still out here doing dirt

Re: Will Joey Merlino resume his turkey giveaway... [Re: Tonytough] #856691
08/19/15 08:04 AM
08/19/15 08:04 AM
Serpiente Offline
Underboss
Serpiente  Offline
Underboss
I have had 200 laborers work for me over the years of all races ,and without a doubt they were all equally racist . Every flavor under the rainbow !

Re: Will Joey Merlino resume his turkey giveaway... [Re: Tonytough] #856692
08/19/15 08:21 AM
08/19/15 08:21 AM
W
Wilson101 Offline
Underboss
Wilson101  Offline
W
Underboss
I'm only racist against police and
Jews.

Re: Will Joey Merlino resume his turkey giveaway... [Re: IvyLeague] #856698
08/19/15 09:44 AM
08/19/15 09:44 AM
SonnyBlackstein Offline
Underboss
SonnyBlackstein  Offline
Underboss
A small point off my fence sitting:

Both Treyvon and Brown were just ghetto thugs who likely would have ended up in prison on the tax payers dime. Their deaths were no loss to society.

This is a serious problem with Americans, generally the right.

The reduction of the value of life to a monetary amount.

The above statement implies it is better they were killed due to their resultant probable incarceration and its associated costs being a negative loss on society.

What a truly horrendous thing to say.

And I'm fond of and respect Ivy but this is a poor attitude.

MORGAN: Why didn't you fight him at the park if you wanted to? I'm not goin' now, I'm eatin' my snack.
CHUCKIE: Morgan, Let's go.
MORGAN: I'm serious Chuckie, I ain't goin'.
WILL: So don't go.
Re: Will Joey Merlino resume his turkey giveaway... [Re: SonnyBlackstein] #856703
08/19/15 10:23 AM
08/19/15 10:23 AM
Illinois
F_white Offline
Underboss
F_white  Offline
Underboss
Illinois
Originally Posted By: SonnyBlackstein

Both Treyvon and Brown were just ghetto thugs who likely would have ended up in prison on the tax payers dime. Their deaths were no loss to society.

The above statement implies it is better they were killed due to their resultant probable incarceration and its associated costs being a negative loss on society.

Sonny well said.

From now on, nothing goes down unless I'm involved. No blackjack no dope deals, no nothing. A nickel bag gets sold in the park, I want in. You guys got fat while everybody starved on the street. Now it's my turn.

Re: Will Joey Merlino resume his turkey giveaway... [Re: SonnyBlackstein] #856805
08/20/15 02:16 AM
08/20/15 02:16 AM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Originally Posted By: SonnyBlackstein

In the eternal sense it's a big loss. And certainly a loss to their families in the here and now. But in terms of our society at present, sorry, but it's just not a loss. Both were on a one way trip to prison. Forget about the cost to tax payers, what about their likely victims in the future? The only negative result of their demise was other blacks making them out to be martyrs, demonizing the police, and using it all as an excuse to throw their typical tantrums of rioting, looting, and attacking cops and innocent people.

Notice how little to nothing has been said about the underlying problems in the black community that gave rise to all these shootings by police. It's an unspoken admission by both the media and the black community itself that this is what we should expect from blacks and it's the cops who have to change.

But enough has been said about Treyvon, Brown, and a dozen others put down by the cops.

Back to Joey Merlino...

Re: Will Joey Merlino resume his turkey giveaway... [Re: IvyLeague] #856811
08/20/15 03:49 AM
08/20/15 03:49 AM
SonnyBlackstein Offline
Underboss
SonnyBlackstein  Offline
Underboss
But in terms of our society at present, sorry, but it's just not a loss.

This is the same dangerous argument Ivy. You can throw in all the 'buts' you want, its very dangerous ground.

What about the childrens cancer ward at your local hospital. What do they, have they ever contributed to society? Nothing but a financial burden for society. And most of them will just continue to do so then die.
Wouldnt society be better off without them?

Or are their deaths not a loss?

What about the old, the physically disabled? The mentally disabled? The sick etc etc?

Measuring life in monetary context is a slippery slope. One you dont want to go down.
No matter the 'ifs' or 'buts'.

Back to Joey Merlino...

I think thats best...

Last edited by SonnyBlackstein; 08/20/15 03:51 AM.

MORGAN: Why didn't you fight him at the park if you wanted to? I'm not goin' now, I'm eatin' my snack.
CHUCKIE: Morgan, Let's go.
MORGAN: I'm serious Chuckie, I ain't goin'.
WILL: So don't go.
Re: Will Joey Merlino resume his turkey giveaway... [Re: satch7] #856838
08/20/15 11:52 AM
08/20/15 11:52 AM
Alabama
D
dixiemafia Offline
ROLL TIDE!!!!!
dixiemafia  Offline
ROLL TIDE!!!!!
D
Underboss
Alabama
Every white person in America knows a racist white.

And I can bet you the same people can show you a racist black too. Quit making it out like we're the only racist mf'ers out here!

Re: Will Joey Merlino resume his turkey giveaway... [Re: Tonytough] #856990
08/21/15 03:32 AM
08/21/15 03:32 AM
mchang93 Offline
Capo
mchang93  Offline
Capo
To try to steer it back, I think it brings too much heat on Joey. Anyone ever see footage of Joey's Christmas party for kids where the kid comes up and says to Joey " Your my Idol"? Jim Maher (FBI)apparently shit a brick over this after seeing it. May try to be a litte quieter this time around, then again this is Joey Merlino we are talking about.i

Re: Will Joey Merlino resume his turkey giveaway... [Re: dixiemafia] #857051
08/21/15 01:39 PM
08/21/15 01:39 PM
Serpiente Offline
Underboss
Serpiente  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: dixiemafia
Every white person in America knows a racist white.

And I can bet you the same people can show you a racist black too. Quit making it out like we're the only racist mf'ers out here!

You are not ,whites and blacks they are all equally racist . And if blacks ruled the USA the whites would be the race crying "racist"
It's just the way it is ! and it will not change till all the kids in this would are all the same color.

So till then ,what are you going to do , be the majority and be called a racist !

Re: Will Joey Merlino resume his turkey giveaway... [Re: mchang93] #857074
08/21/15 04:47 PM
08/21/15 04:47 PM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

Originally Posted By: mchang93
To try to steer it back, I think it brings too much heat on Joey. Anyone ever see footage of Joey's Christmas party for kids where the kid comes up and says to Joey " Your my Idol"? Jim Maher (FBI)apparently shit a brick over this after seeing it. May try to be a litte quieter this time around, then again this is Joey Merlino we are talking about.i

uhwhat

I invoke my right under the 5th amendment of the United States constitution and decline to answer the question.
Re: Will Joey Merlino resume his turkey giveaway... [Re: Tonytough] #857076
08/21/15 04:59 PM
08/21/15 04:59 PM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

http://articles.philly.com/1999-10-17/ne...ny-joey-merlino

Quote:
Law enforcement officials bristled at the annual turkey giveaways and Christmas dinners he sponsored for the poor, media events that brought the young mob leader positive publicity.

"It's easy to be generous when it's not your own money," said one investigator who has tracked Merlino for years.

An admitted gambler - some friends describe him as a degenerate - and not a particularly astute handicapper of pro sports, Merlino lost literally hundreds of thousands of dollars over the years betting with local bookmakers.

But Merlino, arguably the number-one or number-two man in the local mob, was also a deadbeat.

During Stanfa's racketeering trial in 1995, several major bookmakers from Northeast Philadelphia testified that they lost tens of thousands of dollars taking the "action" of Merlino and the late Michael Ciancaglini, who bet heavily during football season, bookmakers' busiest time of the year.

Merlino and Ciancaglini, they testified, would collect when they won, but would not pay when they lost. Most times, however, they lost.

Two years ago, according to several underworld and law enforcement sources, Merlino began to bet with a bookmaking operation run by Previte, who was conducting the gambling ring as part of an FBI undercover operation.

On one weekend, Merlino lost $212,000.

He never paid. Friends and associates now say that Merlino and several mobsters close to him were out to "scam" or "guzzle" Previte, whom, they say, they never trusted.

"Unfortunately," said one source, "we couldn't pick any winners."

At the time no one was aware that Previte was a cooperating government informant.

Underworld sources who have watched the Natale-Merlino crime family come undone point to Merlino's gambling habits and patterns as a prime reason for the decline.

"Gambling is a business," said George Fresolone, a onetime Newark mobster who became a government informant 10 years ago. "If you play, you gotta pay. It's that simple. If not, nobody makes out."

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull