GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Irishman12), 87 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,652
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,169
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,518
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,389
Posts1,059,873
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 23 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 22 23
Re: Joey's in town [Re: NickyWhip] #851654
07/16/15 08:25 AM
07/16/15 08:25 AM
B
Blackjack2121 Offline
Underboss
Blackjack2121  Offline
B
Underboss
Originally Posted By: NickyWhip
"Now there's a flip-side to that coin" - easy trivia quote

Did the meeting at Fat Ange's Restaurant happen? No one was talking about it on the street. And if you live in this area, people have big mouths. None of the regular reporters talked about it. I don't think it did but I wouldn't be invited anyway.

I am not knocking Scott Burnstein, I liked Phils book and I know for a fact that alot of it was truth. But, some of his articles are regurgitations and speculative add-ons of OLD OLD OLD stories.

On to Merlino as boss from Florida - I speculate - NO WAY. Why?? No way any of those Scarfo guys are going to kick up to him while he's in Florida. I'm sorry but he's gotta be present. I can't even see Borgesi accpeting Merlino being king from Florida.

I can't see him able to hold on.

I think Serp will agree with me on this, the old heads aren't gonna tolerate a flashy, cocky boss, who isn't present. Flashy/cocky got them locked up in the first place.

Philly is volatile and there ain't shit going on around here but drugs/gambling/ and a little shylock. Nothing big.

And LCN Philly doesn't have their arms around it like they did with the street tax. A ton of independent agents/dealers/books in this day. And why deal with the mob, which brings heat on everyone, when you can go through other channels.

I only see this ending one way - a body. Either one of the old Scarfo guys are gonna get banged out to send a message to the others, or One of the young turks are gonna get it.

And remember, there are a few bodies that aren't accounted for over the past few years. All it takes is one slip up, one bust; and one knowledgeable person to roll over. Then, that whole regime goes bye bye.

This isn't NYC. These fuckers are crazy cowboys who were raised up with people shooting each other in broad daylight, public places, in front of their moms, etc. So, don't think they wouldn't drop each other on the street.

Again, this is all speculation....

They aren't kicking up to Joey in Florida. That is what Mazzone is for who is supposedly liked by the Scarfo guys. They kick to Mazzone and then Joey probably gets his cut. And I think Borghesi has more pressing matters. lol

Re: Joey's in town [Re: Blackjack2121] #851657
07/16/15 09:04 AM
07/16/15 09:04 AM
T
TommyGambino Offline
Underboss
TommyGambino  Offline
T
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Blackjack2121

Did the meeting at Fat Ange's Restaurant happen? No one was talking about it on the street. And if you live in this area, people have big mouths. None of the regular reporters talked about it. I don't think it did but I wouldn't be invited anyway.

I am not knocking Scott Burnstein, I liked Phils book and I know for a fact that alot of it was truth. But, some of his articles are regurgitations and speculative add-ons of OLD OLD OLD stories.

On to Merlino as boss from Florida - I speculate - NO WAY. Why?? No way any of those Scarfo guys are going to kick up to him while he's in Florida. I'm sorry but he's gotta be present. I can't even see Borgesi accpeting Merlino being king from Florida.

I think Serp will agree with me on this, the old heads aren't gonna tolerate a flashy, cocky boss, who isn't present. Flashy/cocky got them locked up in the first place.

Philly is volatile and there ain't shit going on around here but drugs/gambling/ and a little shylock. Nothing big.

And LCN Philly doesn't have their arms around it like they did with the street tax. A ton of independent agents/dealers/books in this day. And why deal with the mob, which brings heat on everyone, when you can go through other channels.

I only see this ending one way - a body. Either one of the old Scarfo guys are gonna get banged out to send a message to the others, or One of the young turks are gonna get it.

And remember, there are a few bodies that aren't accounted for over the past few years. All it takes is one slip up, one bust; and one knowledgeable person to roll over. Then, that whole regime goes bye bye.

This isn't NYC. These fuckers are crazy cowboys who were raised up with people shooting each other in broad daylight, public places, in front of their moms, etc. So, don't think they wouldn't drop each other on the street.

They aren't kicking up to Joey in Florida. That is what Mazzone is for who is supposedly liked by the Scarfo guys. They kick to Mazzone and then Joey probably gets his cut. And I think Borghesi has more pressing matters. lol

That's according to Scott, more likely that Narducci is completely independent.

Re: Joey's in town [Re: TommyGambino] #851670
07/16/15 11:53 AM
07/16/15 11:53 AM
B
Blackjack2121 Offline
Underboss
Blackjack2121  Offline
B
Underboss
Originally Posted By: TommyGambino
Originally Posted By: Blackjack2121

That's according to Scott, more likely that Narducci is completely independent.

That is possible as well

Re: Joey's in town [Re: Serpiente] #851691
07/16/15 01:40 PM
07/16/15 01:40 PM
K1NG6 Offline
Made Member
K1NG6  Offline
Made Member
Originally Posted By: Serpiente
King : I was told that Tommy and Faffy were twisting the knife that was in Chuckie's back and gained monetarily from his knocked down so I'm sure there was no love lost !

Thanks Serp, always appreciate the great info from you! If that's the case, then if Faffy returns to the game when he gets home he obviously won't have any love for Skinny and vice versa. Seems like those two dissident factions (opposite Merlino) just continue to get stronger with real earners and gangsters who were certainly never afraid to pull the trigger. The more I think about it, the more I think you guys may be right. It certainly seems like things could boil over at any minute.

Re: Joey's in town [Re: spmob] #851700
07/16/15 02:08 PM
07/16/15 02:08 PM
Serpiente Offline
Underboss
Serpiente  Offline
Underboss
King : No doubt something has to happen . I just don't see it all clicking with whatever is out there . There has to be some kind of arrangement ...

Cackling like a banty Rooster.

I love this," "I just love this."
Re: Joey's in town [Re: spmob] #851701
07/16/15 02:15 PM
07/16/15 02:15 PM
SonnyBlackstein Offline
Underboss
SonnyBlackstein  Offline
Underboss
Philly's about to boil over?

A whole bunch of septenagarians just released from 30 year bids are going to pick up guns and start shooting?

For the million reasons they won't, they won't.

Bullshit hype IMO.

Last edited by SonnyBlackstein; 07/16/15 02:16 PM.

MORGAN: Why didn't you fight him at the park if you wanted to? I'm not goin' now, I'm eatin' my snack.
CHUCKIE: Morgan, Let's go.
MORGAN: I'm serious Chuckie, I ain't goin'.
WILL: So don't go.
Re: Joey's in town [Re: spmob] #851708
07/16/15 02:48 PM
07/16/15 02:48 PM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

Good thing philly mob is there all abunch of harden criminals. 95 percent of the family did 10+ stretches in prison some 20. And there all killers. Thing is Joey inducted all these guys on the street after stanfa except a few scarfo guys. I swear it must be a big thing for every mobster to sponcer another guy like a lil brother them scarfo guys never had the chance they went to prison. My mom's down a.c. for a few days trying to find out were her an her friends are staying. Bunch of old widows with thick Boston accents and big beach hats.

Last edited by pmac; 07/16/15 02:49 PM.
Re: Joey's in town [Re: spmob] #851715
07/16/15 04:18 PM
07/16/15 04:18 PM
Serpiente Offline
Underboss
Serpiente  Offline
Underboss
Pmac You are the best with that shit !!

Sonny I don't know if you are speaking for me ? But I never said anything about one shot being fired let alone shooting up the town !!
I just know things are not right and something is got to go down soon . And that could be a sit down that gets bugged, to all party's getting together and burying the hatchet .

Then it could stay just as it is and Skinny has them all wrapped around his finger ...

Re: Joey's in town [Re: spmob] #851718
07/16/15 04:26 PM
07/16/15 04:26 PM
K1NG6 Offline
Made Member
K1NG6  Offline
Made Member
Sonny -- you took what I wrote out of context. I didn't say that it "was" about to boil over. I said it seemed like things "could" boil over at any minute. The only septuagenarian released would be Chickie Ciancaglini, and even that's not right because he's over 80. Faffy Iannarella comes home next summer and he will be 69 or 70 years old, I'm not sure which. Frank Narducci is 61 and Tony Punge is 60; the rest of the "made guys" in those two factions are low to mid 50's.

The pie is shrinking in Philly. Like Whip said, there isn't a lot of big things going down. I didn't say that it would happen, but there is certainly the potential mix for things to go down that road: multiple factions on the streets from different eras, along with the fact that most of these guys absolutely despise each other (the reason they are split into factions in the first place). Things will shake out eventually and we will see if they can all play nicely.

Re: Joey's in town [Re: spmob] #851722
07/16/15 04:36 PM
07/16/15 04:36 PM
C
cookcounty Offline
Underboss
cookcounty  Offline
C
Underboss
^^^^^

the old heads fresh outta the can probably ain't gonna give merlino a dime

they've probably been in the can damn near suicidal because he's the boss

they should just remove him ass boss before he fucks the family up

Re: Joey's in town [Re: spmob] #851725
07/16/15 04:44 PM
07/16/15 04:44 PM
K1NG6 Offline
Made Member
K1NG6  Offline
Made Member
And I certainly never said that "boiling over" had to necessarily mean violence. There's a small chance that it could certainly go down that road, but I was mainly trying to say that tensions were high amongst the different factions and players.

I'm in agreement with Serp though, I believe that they would most likely want to go down the peaceful route first. Whether that be Skinny making concessions with Narducci or the other camp or simply dividing the pie equally to keep everyone happy, I don't know.

Re: Joey's in town [Re: spmob] #851734
07/16/15 05:43 PM
07/16/15 05:43 PM
SonnyBlackstein Offline
Underboss
SonnyBlackstein  Offline
Underboss
My apologies to King and Serp. My post was not directed specifically at either, more of a final straw.

To clarify I feel that due to a quiet LCN landscape in the past several months people tend to make mountains out of molehills, which is what I feel is going on in Philly.

In general It's my opinion that things in Philly are somewhat sensationalised and overblown. Generally due to a lack of activity elsewhere.

And any real or perceived grievances by members returning to the fold wont change the landscape nearly as much, or in nearly any interesting way or fashion as mob watches 'hope'.

In a nutshell, Philly is journalism's FOX news right now.

But what do I know.

MORGAN: Why didn't you fight him at the park if you wanted to? I'm not goin' now, I'm eatin' my snack.
CHUCKIE: Morgan, Let's go.
MORGAN: I'm serious Chuckie, I ain't goin'.
WILL: So don't go.
Re: Joey's in town [Re: spmob] #851735
07/16/15 05:55 PM
07/16/15 05:55 PM
Serpiente Offline
Underboss
Serpiente  Offline
Underboss
All good Sonny , of course we do ...
To old to get out there and do it myself..lol

Re: Joey's in town [Re: spmob] #851741
07/16/15 08:24 PM
07/16/15 08:24 PM
Merica
NickyWhip Offline
Capo
NickyWhip  Offline
Capo
Merica
Sonny's comment was maybe directed to me; I speculated that the 2 groups can't play nice and it's not gonna end quietly. I think that because of the history with the old heads and the current administration and also and the lack of history between the old heads and some of the current administration. Those guys getting out are all 2nd generation family. Lots of new names that may not mean much if people start feeling entitled. And no, I don't think the current administration is gonna lay down either.

I can't see it going well and easy with hatred or lack or respect. It's about respect to these guys as well as money.

Boss of tha toilet!
Re: Joey's in town [Re: spmob] #851742
07/16/15 08:43 PM
07/16/15 08:43 PM
Hamilton
Scalish Offline
Underboss
Scalish  Offline
Underboss
Hamilton
I agree Nicky, these guys have all had a history to resort to violence when needed and we all know that in Philly most times they don't play nice, so if there is tension there between the old guard and the new guard I can't see it not resulting in violence.

Re: Joey's in town [Re: spmob] #851765
07/17/15 06:46 AM
07/17/15 06:46 AM
Serpiente Offline
Underboss
Serpiente  Offline
Underboss
Agreed to the both Whip, Scal, I can see your point .Most don't know how quick tempered Philly is .I totally believe that they , are aware that the feds are watching each and everyone of them or something may have happened already. To me it's the eye in the sky keeping things at peace .... But Philly has always been a killers city ....

Last edited by Serpiente; 07/17/15 06:47 AM.

Re: Joey's in town [Re: spmob] #851767
07/17/15 07:30 AM
07/17/15 07:30 AM
Merica
NickyWhip Offline
Capo
NickyWhip  Offline
Capo
Merica
Serp you been around the older guys, but I never stood next to them so I can only go by what I heard from neighbors and whatnot. I'm around the same age as the other guys and I stood around with a few of them listening to them bullshit and get nasty with innocent people. One of my close friends really wanted to be around skinny and he would bring me around. This was on the 90s, after a few times in their company, it wasn't for me. But it was enough times to have my neighbor who was around the scarfo guys to say he told me so!! 20 years ago so these guys may have changed. Hahaha

Boss of tha toilet!
Re: Joey's in town [Re: spmob] #851806
07/17/15 03:12 PM
07/17/15 03:12 PM
Serpiente Offline
Underboss
Serpiente  Offline
Underboss
Scarf's guys are/were not like your grand-pop ! These guys were the next generation " ruthless " but all about business ,but could have regular friends of all kinds..and respect for regular folks..

Now Skinny's generation, bullies to regular folks. Gross stuff !
Just do a little research and see for your self..

The only way you could interact ,depended who introduced you and(If it came from A.C. guys they could not get a read on you so you were alright) still was a very uncomfortable situation .
That family I am guessing cos of the two Bosses just being killed were very edgy" .

The only time it felt right around any of them was when Nick sr was away in Texas...and if it was in a social place ..a bar !!

But not the A.C. guys I am talking others, out of town guys...
The local guys I knew since I was a little boy..

I guess cos not to many Philly guys were around daily while he was away so they did not have to push" there chest" out or have a pissing contest !!!

Phil did not go for that circus act ..he seen right through most of them ,and I guess Nick sr did but he was looking for killers and guys to make him money and these guys knew it and it was a pissing contest ...but a treacherous one ....

Re: Joey's in town [Re: spmob] #852127
07/20/15 12:11 AM
07/20/15 12:11 AM
S
SinatraClub Offline
Underboss
SinatraClub  Offline
S
Underboss
I certainly don't think all the Scarfo era guys are just going to come home and quietly concede everything to Merlino & Co. Better believe these guys still feel entitled, to the point where they might feel like they deserve some sort of admin spot. And there just isn't enough of those to please everyone .

something will go down, that doesn't mean violence, but better believe demands will be made from the Scarfo camp.

Re: Joey's in town [Re: spmob] #852186
07/20/15 12:36 PM
07/20/15 12:36 PM
K
Krsheely Offline
Made Member
Krsheely  Offline
K
Made Member
About how many made guys does Philly have?

Re: Joey's in town [Re: Krsheely] #852193
07/20/15 01:30 PM
07/20/15 01:30 PM
T
TommyGambino Offline
Underboss
TommyGambino  Offline
T
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Krsheely
About how many made guys does Philly have?

Around 50

Re: Joey's in town [Re: spmob] #852194
07/20/15 01:45 PM
07/20/15 01:45 PM
K
Krsheely Offline
Made Member
Krsheely  Offline
K
Made Member
How does that number break down regarding membership in each faction. How many are firmly with the younger generation, how many old scaf, and is there any neutral sort of faction. Be interested to know the actual number of members unsatisfied or aligned against the current admin. also did that number include jailed members?

Re: Joey's in town [Re: spmob] #852212
07/20/15 03:58 PM
07/20/15 03:58 PM
new jersey
T
thebigfella Offline
Underboss
thebigfella  Offline
T
Underboss
new jersey
If the scarfo guys wants to start a war it will be suicide, new york is backing ligambi and merlino and the scarfo guys is out numbered and out gunned...you forget that theres a whole shit load of guys thats loyal to merlino that wasn't working while he was away...its in the scarfo guys best interest to follow orders, theres nothing wrong with asking for a promotion but lets not get carried away

"McGurn likes you, so I make you. So you are now one of us, if you fuck up, we take it out on McGurn. He is your sponsor. Fuck up, it's his ass. You work in his crew, he is your capo."
Re: Joey's in town [Re: spmob] #852215
07/20/15 04:19 PM
07/20/15 04:19 PM
CT
M
mightyhealthy Offline
Underboss
mightyhealthy  Offline
M
Underboss
CT
I highly doubt new York would ever get involved if it actually got violent. It's a guaranteed life sentence.

Re: Joey's in town [Re: thebigfella] #852226
07/20/15 05:53 PM
07/20/15 05:53 PM
Serpiente Offline
Underboss
Serpiente  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: thebigfella
If the scarfo guys wants to start a war it will be suicide, new york is backing ligambi and merlino and the scarfo guys is out numbered and out gunned...you forget that theres a whole shit load of guys thats loyal to merlino that wasn't working while he was away...its in the scarfo guys best interest to follow orders, theres nothing wrong with asking for a promotion but lets not get carried away

I have never herd anything about a war ? where did you hear this ?

Re: Joey's in town [Re: spmob] #852228
07/20/15 05:57 PM
07/20/15 05:57 PM
Serpiente Offline
Underboss
Serpiente  Offline
Underboss
I did hear that there is FBI tapes, or a rat or both, that back a few years 2006ish that the Gambino's were having the top three Philly guys up to NY to hit all three...

I know that is proved !Ligambi,Mazzone were toast !

New York is with the money ! If there is anyone from Philly even doing anything with them..or if anyone from New York is doing anything with Philly.

Last edited by Serpiente; 07/20/15 06:01 PM.

Re: Joey's in town [Re: thebigfella] #852242
07/20/15 07:11 PM
07/20/15 07:11 PM
S
SinatraClub Offline
Underboss
SinatraClub  Offline
S
Underboss
Originally Posted By: thebigfella

Where's your proof that NY are backing Merlino? Chin Gigante wanted him killed at one point but thought it best to just sever ties with Philly. You have the Nicky Skins tapes which at best show that NY Gambinos were merely cordial with Ligambi and his guys.

Re: Joey's in town [Re: Serpiente] #852246
07/20/15 07:46 PM
07/20/15 07:46 PM
T
TommyGambino Offline
Underboss
TommyGambino  Offline
T
Underboss
I did hear that there is FBI tapes, or a rat or both, that back a few years 2006ish that the Gambino's were having the top three Philly guys up to NY to hit all three...

New York is with the money ! If there is anyone from Philly even doing anything with them..or if anyone from New York is doing anything with Philly.

That was just one or two soldiers in a Gambino Jersey crew that were talking about hitting the Philly heirachy, doubt it was sanctioned, probably just talk.

Re: Joey's in town [Re: TommyGambino] #852254
07/20/15 08:57 PM
07/20/15 08:57 PM
Serpiente Offline
Underboss
Serpiente  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: TommyGambino

That was just one or two soldiers in a Gambino Jersey crew that were talking about hitting the Philly heirachy, doubt it was sanctioned, probably just talk.

Thanks Tommy , it was caught on tape right ?

And if it was talk "only" who in there right mind would put together that with out support ? Had to have power to live after. Must of been a powerful skipper to make that call.

Last edited by Serpiente; 07/20/15 09:08 PM.

Re: Joey's in town [Re: TommyGambino] #852277
07/21/15 12:09 AM
07/21/15 12:09 AM
Philly Burbs
mikeyballs211 Offline
acting associate
mikeyballs211  Offline
acting associate
Underboss
Philly Burbs
Tommy good pos5..do u recall who these two Gambino soldiers were and what crew they were with?

"No, no, you aint alrite Spyder you got alotta fuckin problems"
Page 9 of 23 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 22 23

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull