GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (U talkin' da me ??), 277 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,467
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,890
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,327
Posts1,058,662
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Question about the Chicago Outfit? [Re: sbhc] #852384
07/21/15 12:56 PM
07/21/15 12:56 PM
S
SinatraClub Offline
Underboss
SinatraClub  Offline
S
Underboss
Clearly you just can't admit being wrong. What Ivy said, isn't what you stated. My glasses are on and clean, buddy. Your statement was "definately not comparable, the Camorra are deep into drugs. The Outfit weren't into drugs that way, they were one single family that operated in blue collar crime"..In which I responded by saying, You're crazy if you think The Outfit weren't active in drugs, which I continue to stand by, because they were active in drugs. Toodoped stated that after Gambling, extortion and others that drugs were The Outfits fifth or so racket in which great revenue was earned. But you seem to not want to acknowledge this.

Instead of just realizing what I'm trying to say, I never once said that you claimed no one in the outfit was involved in drugs. You're seemingly implying they weren't active in it, which I'm accurately disputing. But now you just want to try to insult me. Lol.

The Camorra played a role in the formation of The Outfit, some of the Outfits most known bosses and members were also Camorristi. I say they're comparable because of that, because they're activity in the drug market, and because they both manage blue and white collar rackets and were able to infiltrate their local politics and use it for their advantage. All that other stuff is irrelevant. And yes, there are cases where The Outfit DID kill law people as well as journalists. You should check out The Outfit, by Gus Russo

Re: Question about the Chicago Outfit? [Re: sbhc] #852390
07/21/15 01:15 PM
07/21/15 01:15 PM
Stockholm
G
goldhawkroad Offline
Made Member
goldhawkroad  Offline
G
Made Member
Stockholm
Sinatra - once again. I didnt say they were inactive, I Said they were not in to drugs the same way as the camorra. And definetly not in the same magnitude as New York. I can tell youve never been to southern italy when you compare the two organizations impact on everyday life that way.

Re: Question about the Chicago Outfit? [Re: sbhc] #852391
07/21/15 01:33 PM
07/21/15 01:33 PM
S
SinatraClub Offline
Underboss
SinatraClub  Offline
S
Underboss
I have to go to Naples to think that The Camorra & The Outfit are perfectly comparable when it comes to their business?

Re: Question about the Chicago Outfit? [Re: sbhc] #852513
07/22/15 01:06 AM
07/22/15 01:06 AM
Stockholm
G
goldhawkroad Offline
Made Member
goldhawkroad  Offline
G
Made Member
Stockholm
Well, it might open your eyes a bit. There are a shitload of various camorra clans all over naples with surroundings. Many with narcotics as their Number 1racket. Several all and out wars between clans the last decades with hundreds of victims. In certain parts of naples you cant even go, its totally under camorra control. This does not sound like an organisation perfectly comparable to the Outfit to me, more so any american gang peddling drugs.

"Metropolitan camorra is typical of the Naples area and is characterised by a very fragmented criminal scene, with myriad medium-small gangs controlling neighbourhoods and districts.

"They are street organisations similar to American gangs," said Camorra expert Marcello Ravveduto, a researcher at Salerno Univers"

But I guess you find this "totally irrelevant" so we might just close our "discussion" here.

Re: Question about the Chicago Outfit? [Re: sbhc] #852522
07/22/15 05:09 AM
07/22/15 05:09 AM
Stockholm
G
goldhawkroad Offline
Made Member
goldhawkroad  Offline
G
Made Member
Stockholm
And yes I have read "The Outfit" by Russo couple of Times. Not that I think its so comprehensive as many say it is.

Re: Question about the Chicago Outfit? [Re: sbhc] #852529
07/22/15 07:59 AM
07/22/15 07:59 AM
S
SinatraClub Offline
Underboss
SinatraClub  Offline
S
Underboss
I'm sorry, but the average American Street Gang don't earn through blue collar crimes like gambling, highjacking and extortion, they just aren't smart enough. And pretty much none of them have managed to infiltrate white collar businesses and their local government the way a. Camorta clan had and the Outfit has. Which for the umpteenth time, is why I say they're comparable.

That "myriad of small gangs" can easily be compared to a crew in the Outfit. They belong to an overall organization, sometimes they get along and earn together, sometimes they don't and they butt heads. But if you find the Camorra more comparable to the typical American street gang, it's clear we won't reach a common ground in this discussion.

And "The Outfit" can be described in many ways, but not comprehensive? First time I've heard that one. Got anything better to compare it to?

Re: Question about the Chicago Outfit? [Re: sbhc] #852535
07/22/15 09:47 AM
07/22/15 09:47 AM
Stockholm
G
goldhawkroad Offline
Made Member
goldhawkroad  Offline
G
Made Member
Stockholm
Sinatra: lets agree to disagree. Of course you Know more than a local camorra expert.

Regarding "the outfit": it doesnt cover the last 25 years of the Outfit and it does not go into detail of each crew active under the time it covers. Its a nice book but I wouldnt say it is as comprehensive as for example selwyn raabs masterpiece on the 5 families of Ny. Still the best book on Chicago, even if there are a few others as interesting.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull