GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 175 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,461
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,873
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,321
Posts1,058,563
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: State of the Pittsburgh family? And maybe WV [Re: PittsburghMafiaPrincess] #859947
09/13/15 08:28 PM
09/13/15 08:28 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Originally Posted By: PittsburghMafiaPrincess
Originally Posted By: Philip_Lombardo
The family's dead even if they could make new members it wouldn't help
Definitely not dead. I'd say inactive is a better description.

The remaining living members in the family, which may be down to 1 at this point, certainly aren't enough to argue the family isn't dead. In case people have forgotten, the organization is what makes organized crime. There is no organized hierarchy left in Pittsburgh. Just remnants of a family that once was. You don't have to wait for the literal last guy to stop breathing before writing a family's obituary.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: State of the Pittsburgh family? And maybe WV [Re: Tandem] #859949
09/13/15 08:51 PM
09/13/15 08:51 PM
PA/FL
oldschool3 Offline
Capo
oldschool3  Offline
Capo
PA/FL
Again, we'll agree to disagree Ivy...there are more than 1 or 2 or 3 living made guys left and there are many, many associates conducting business as usual. The FBI and State Police don't even pay attention to these guys anymore...at least not like they used to...they still get harassed now and again, but not like the past.
And to the Pittsburgh Mafia Princess...you may be new here... just to be clear..Ivy is a tremendous poster and extremely knowledgeable, but we disagree on some "facts" when it comes to the Pittsburgh Family..."research" knowledge doesn't always equate with "steet" knowledge.

Re: State of the Pittsburgh family? And maybe WV [Re: oldschool3] #859954
09/13/15 09:25 PM
09/13/15 09:25 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Originally Posted By: oldschool3
Again, we'll agree to disagree Ivy...there are more than 1 or 2 or 3 living made guys left and there are many, many associates conducting business as usual. The FBI and State Police don't even pay attention to these guys anymore...at least not like they used to...they still get harassed now and again, but not like the past.
And to the Pittsburgh Mafia Princess...you may be new here... just to be clear..Ivy is a tremendous poster and extremely knowledgeable, but we disagree on some "facts" when it comes to the Pittsburgh Family..."research" knowledge doesn't always equate with "steet" knowledge.

The number of made guys still alive in Pittsburgh are, at most, in the low single digits.

That said, there have certainly been recent cases of remnants of the family - associates or relatives of dead members being involved in things - mostly video gambling machines. But you see gambling still going on in several areas where there is no viable, organized family left.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: State of the Pittsburgh family? And maybe WV [Re: oldschool3] #860228
09/16/15 08:02 AM
09/16/15 08:02 AM
Pittsburgh, PA
P
PittsburghMafiaPrincess Offline
Associate
PittsburghMafiaPrincess  Offline
P
Associate
Pittsburgh, PA
And to the Pittsburgh Mafia Princess...you may be new here... just to be clear..Ivy is a tremendous poster and extremely knowledgeable, but we disagree on some "facts" when it comes to the Pittsburgh Family..."research" knowledge doesn't always equate with "street" knowledge.

Hi smile Yes, I'm new here. Someone told me about this board and I came to check it out. From what I've seen, you're absolutely right - research knowledge doesn't equate with street knowledge. There's a lot of truth here, but there is also a lot of misinformation.

Re: State of the Pittsburgh family? And maybe WV [Re: oldschool3] #863587
10/16/15 02:18 PM
10/16/15 02:18 PM
D
dinocrocetti Offline
Capo
dinocrocetti  Offline
D
Capo

I'm from Steubenville, OH just over the Pittsburgh border and I've kept up with mob stuff in this neck of the woods for quite a number of years. A close friend of mine's grandfather was a top Capo in the family for many years and I'd love to hear who you say are "made members" in the now defunct LaRocca Family? The only members I know to be made and still alive are Thomas Ciancutti, Lenine Strollo and Chucky Porter with the latter two having cooperated with the federal government. Please don't tell me that Bobby Iannelli is made...because he never was and never wanted to be. He along with Tony G were both independent numbers operators who had extensive political ties, hence why Big John allowed them to operate without paying tribute. Bobby I's son is one of my closest friends for 30 years, I met him back in the 1980's at a barbut game he used to run in Glassport with Primo Mollica and Auggie Ferrone. I've spent more time with his father and I can assure you that Bobby I went out of his way to avoid known members of the LaRocca's. I'd be interested to hear your "street" knowledge as I have a little myself.

I have a hard time believing that the FBI in Pittsburgh as well as the state police not paying attention. The state police have made a numerous amount of raids and busts in regards to video poker machines that included Joe Nistico (Nicky Scarfo's brother in law), Rodney Iannelli (Bobby I's son) as well as Kirk Mollica (Primo Mollica's son). So to the contrary, the state police are still focused on illegal gambling. Pittsburgh isn't NY or Chicago, it's hardly a threat for terrorist activity. In my honest opinion, I believe the FBI wishes they still had LCN to combat, it would make their jobs alot less boring in the Burgh than it already is.

Last edited by dinocrocetti; 10/17/15 01:16 PM.
Re: State of the Pittsburgh family? And maybe WV [Re: Tandem] #863657
10/17/15 02:58 PM
10/17/15 02:58 PM
D
dinocrocetti Offline
Capo
dinocrocetti  Offline
D
Capo
I didn't see the second part of the heading. West Virginia hasn't operated as an organized crime entity since No Legs was sentenced in 1990. He died in prison around 1995. Paul was Lebanese ans his crew were mostly non Italians, his main guys were Jimmy Griffen and Buddy Jacovetty.

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull