GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Toodoped, 1 invisible), 60 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,618
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,128
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,518
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,386
Posts1,059,759
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Why did Pete Casella get a pass? [Re: mchang93] #1007721
03/18/21 05:46 PM
03/18/21 05:46 PM
J
JCrusher Offline OP
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline OP
J
Underboss
Originally Posted by mchang93
Think I read somewhere Chin was furious with him at sit-down and spit or him or something. A few of older Philly guys had ties with Westside as has been said. If you go look at original LCN Genovese charts which I believe Valachi assisted with, it has Tony Bananas listed as soldier. Also has Snake persico as Genovese soldier which I found interesting. Wasn't Philly Family considered extension of Genovese back then? Middle to late 50s Carlo made his moves with Bruno it is my understanding the were considered part of Genovese prior to that. Could be wrong tho can't quite remember what I read about it

. Yes Leonetti got that information from Scarfo who was at that meeting. Still amazing Casella got to live(fir a few more years anyway) but as others have said he had some friends in high places who helped him get a pass. I always wonder if Casella said anything to his driver Rocco Marinucci before he took off. I guess not because Marinucci stuck around Philly and was brutally killed a year later

Re: Why did Pete Casella get a pass? [Re: NickyWhip] #1007724
03/18/21 06:13 PM
03/18/21 06:13 PM
S
southshorekid Offline
Made Member
southshorekid  Offline
S
Made Member
Originally Posted by NickyWhip

If anything, I would think that Johnny Keys would have been spared. He had that Peanuts Tronolone guy from Clevelend who was tied into the Genovese to go to. I read that he was killed on Scarfo's request because he asked someone in the Gambino family if he had a shot at boss.. But I also read he was a conpirator in the Bruno murder and that's why he was killed.

[/quote]

I don’t know about him being involved. But I always heard Johnny Keys asked Nicky Russo. Or maybe not even. But somehow it got back to Big Paul that he was talking about making a move and it fell in Nicky Russo’s lap. Sammy Gravano did run point. But I highly doubt the way he talked about it in his book is accurate. Nicky was a very respected guy as far as I know. I think Sammy was still just pissed that Pal Joey almost fucked up and got them all pinched. Honestly those guys were old and shouldn’t been putting work in like that. Somewhat in return Philly took care of the guy who killed Russos son Michael as a favor for the Gambinos.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull