GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Toodoped), 142 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,771
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,322
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,528
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,413
Posts1,060,467
Members10,349
Most Online911
May 23rd, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Why Casso , Bowat, Amuso - kill D'Arco [Re: Crash] #857025
08/21/15 11:09 AM
08/21/15 11:09 AM
Serpiente Offline
Underboss
Serpiente  Offline
Underboss
This is a big problem these guys pledging that if you rat you die.

Then when they do rat they can not hit the guy cos it would put to much heat on the family.

Well they have to get that figured out,I know they can not hit while they are with the feds, but that is punishment enough living under theses feds and these guys are not built for it ,this is why we see most leaving them.

But once they leave the WPPG it should be number # 1 to take out that or them , at all cost.

If this was to happen there may be a change of thinking.

look at Philly they are and will at all cost going to hit these guys.
You will never see Phillip L living out in the open. No way and its not just cos of the WestSide there are a few in Philly that will give up everything to kill him.

I know Philly is not a money making machine but they will at a drop of a hat drop one of these clowns in a New York minute.

And New York better find a way to insulate them self from losing to much hitting these guys cos they are losing all credibility.

Look when they try to get a racket going ,as soon as they step in the guy that is getting messed with goes to a fed and a fed steps right in and busts the whole thing.

Then the company that put the fed there is allowed to operate at will.
It will be difficult but it can be done ,and I would love to explain how . But I am not in that field..But I am sure they will or can..

Cackling like a banty Rooster.

I love this," "I just love this."
Re: Why Casso , Bowat, Amuso - kill D'Arco [Re: Serpiente] #857029
08/21/15 11:31 AM
08/21/15 11:31 AM
SonnyBlackstein Offline
Underboss
SonnyBlackstein  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Serpiente

Hate to correct you Serp but Lou Monteciello testified against Ligambi whilst living carefree down the shore. He was as open as it gets and not a finger was laid.

MORGAN: Why didn't you fight him at the park if you wanted to? I'm not goin' now, I'm eatin' my snack.
CHUCKIE: Morgan, Let's go.
MORGAN: I'm serious Chuckie, I ain't goin'.
WILL: So don't go.
Re: Why Casso , Bowat, Amuso - kill D'Arco [Re: SonnyBlackstein] #857035
08/21/15 11:38 AM
08/21/15 11:38 AM
G
gangstereport Offline
Underboss
gangstereport  Offline
G
Underboss
Originally Posted By: SonnyBlackstein

Hate to correct you Serp but Lou Monteciello testified against Ligambi whilst living carefree down the shore. He was as open as it gets and not a finger was laid.

lou was worried about being whacked by marty after those wiretaps were made public he even admitted that in court

Not connected with scott or anyone at gangsterreport

Sorry for the confusion
Re: Why Casso , Bowat, Amuso - kill D'Arco [Re: Crash] #857037
08/21/15 11:39 AM
08/21/15 11:39 AM
G
gangstereport Offline
Underboss
gangstereport  Offline
G
Underboss
but your right he is alive and has ratted i think if he went to those old neigbourhoods he would get whacked

plus ligambis lawyers were trying to prove the mob was not violent whacking this guy would be going against there whole defense

Sorry for the confusion
Re: Why Casso , Bowat, Amuso - kill D'Arco [Re: Moe_Tilden] #857045
08/21/15 01:10 PM
08/21/15 01:10 PM
G
gangstereport Offline
Underboss
gangstereport  Offline
G
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Moe_Tilden
I would have less of an issue believing D'Arco if he simply ratted in trials he had personal - tangible - involvement in and ate a 3 or 4 year sentence (that is if he had no issue with going to prison) but the guy clearly ratted every time he could do so it would, firstly, delay his sentencing and, secondly, shave a little off his sentence each time he testified - until eventually he got off scot free without serving any time.

It's garish.

At the end of the day, he ordered several murders. He likely had a guiding hand in one or two relating to people who were more civilian than mobster.

Garish.

Imagine how pissed off Ida and Gigante were seeing this guy testifying about them? After all their efforts to remain secretive lol.

Ah well one criminal puts two others away and genuinely stays out of trouble. I suppose it's the price you pay.

al d`arco was never charged with a crime he flipped because he believed he was going to be hit. I dont think he would have flipped if he was charged with a crime he did time in the 60s and in the 80s if my memory is correct he never opened his mouth then

i understand him flipping what would you do if you found out your own family were trying to kill you? yes i know some say he was imaging it but i dont think it was his imagination they were fed up with and even if it was his imagination so what if it was not al it would have been someone else guys were getting whacked for nothing look a pete guys had no choice but to flip . Not saying he was a good guy or anything but him flipping was understandable

i dont think he lied about Ida there is clear evidence they spoke on several occasions. Some say they used casso info through al but thats rubbish because all of the info about gigante etc was already documented in his file before casso flipped. If al was lieing he about Ida aswell he would not have testified against him.

at the end of the day your right he is a rat no differant to the rest i dont understand your obsession with this guy. He is a scumbag but so are most of these guys.

Sorry for the confusion
Re: Why Casso , Bowat, Amuso - kill D'Arco [Re: SonnyBlackstein] #857047
08/21/15 01:17 PM
08/21/15 01:17 PM
Serpiente Offline
Underboss
Serpiente  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: SonnyBlackstein

I got ya Sonny , but any day it could and will get ugly for him.
And thats the best guy you would want holding a grudge on you.

He is level headed and my not have done it while he was Boss ,but now he is not the one to get all the heat if this guy winds up out in the Atlantic after a late night swim...

Re: Why Casso , Bowat, Amuso - kill D'Arco [Re: Crash] #857048
08/21/15 01:23 PM
08/21/15 01:23 PM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

I should correct what I said. D'Arco didn't "order" the murders but he did pass on the orders and was involved in their inception and planning.

And you have a point. I should shut up about this guy already.

He shouldn't put himself on a pedestal like he does though. Neil Migliore and Sonny Black didn't run away when people came for them.

And just to go back to your first paragraph. As a co-operating witness, D'Arco had to submit all culpability in crimes, including murder, to the feds in his 302's. So this, allied with his involvement in the Matamoras case becoming more clear, should have seen him get a token prison sentence of approximately 5 years.

He never served anything and it's like his decade long stretch of ratting was mutually beneficial in that it served to shave any sentence he would get.

That is the root of the issue. It contradicts his reasons for ratting.

But you are right. I am rambling again. And they are all scumbags who are bad as the other, but ratting should not absolve you of culpability.

I invoke my right under the 5th amendment of the United States constitution and decline to answer the question.
Re: Why Casso , Bowat, Amuso - kill D'Arco [Re: Crash] #857049
08/21/15 01:31 PM
08/21/15 01:31 PM
Serpiente Offline
Underboss
Serpiente  Offline
Underboss
Just like Phil L Moe" he shot this guy down here and the guy was a AC cop or became one after he shot him ,and never herd a word...

The guys name is "Guy" last initial is a C and he went on to be a sergeant, I know this. He also was before he was a cop was the leader of a gang called the Rogues or Bones they were tough gangs down here.

Re: Why Casso , Bowat, Amuso - kill D'Arco [Re: Crash] #857050
08/21/15 01:32 PM
08/21/15 01:32 PM
G
gangstereport Offline
Underboss
gangstereport  Offline
G
Underboss
true guys like sonny black did not run away but they are one of the few i can think of so many guys when believeing there was a hit on them they flip tory scadfi, joey camp, the crow, tommy del, pete chiodo etc the list goes on and on

your right he does contradict himself but all rats do that from sammy the bull to low level guys andrew didonatro

Sorry for the confusion
Re: Why Casso , Bowat, Amuso - kill D'Arco [Re: gangstereport] #857053
08/21/15 01:46 PM
08/21/15 01:46 PM
Serpiente Offline
Underboss
Serpiente  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: gangstereport
true guys like sonny black did not run away but they are one of the few i can think of so many guys when believeing there was a hit on them they flip tory scadfi, joey camp, the crow, tommy del, pete chiodo etc the list goes on and on

your right he does contradict himself but all rats do that from sammy the bull to low level guys andrew didonatro

What did all the guys do from the 1920 on till the 90's do . They did what ever they had to do .

It worked out or they got hit.

But I will tell you this ,there is not many gangsters that flipped that like it. 90 plus % wish they stood up and took it like a man.

That's the life they chose period .

Last edited by Serpiente; 08/21/15 01:47 PM.

Re: Why Casso , Bowat, Amuso - kill D'Arco [Re: Serpiente] #857056
08/21/15 02:13 PM
08/21/15 02:13 PM
G
gangstereport Offline
Underboss
gangstereport  Offline
G
Underboss
Originally Posted By: gangstereport

What did all the guys do from the 1920 on till the 90's do . They did what ever they had to do .

But I will tell you this ,there is not many gangsters that flipped that like it. 90 plus % wish they stood up and took it like a man.

the first ever made guy who flipped joe valchi flipped in 1963 because he thought he was going to get whacked.

Jimmy franantion the one time acting boss of the los angles mafia flipped after believeing he was going to be killed in the late 70s

that statement is not entirely true and i believe more would have flipped if there was a witness protection program remember the program was only made in 1970

in the 80s in philly guys were flipping all over the place lawrence, the crow, tommy del, philip, ginio and that guy in north jeresy. In New york vincent flipped in the genovese family, you had guys flipping in LA, cleveland etc

since the 60s guys have been flipping

now i do agree though most guys who flip miss the life nicky the crow says he wishes he did his time. I will say this thoughhe amount of rats have dropped though if you think in the 90s there was guys flipping everywhere

Sorry for the confusion
Re: Why Casso , Bowat, Amuso - kill D'Arco [Re: Serpiente] #857064
08/21/15 02:48 PM
08/21/15 02:48 PM
SonnyBlackstein Offline
Underboss
SonnyBlackstein  Offline
Underboss

As pointed out above Serp the diff being back then you didnt have a choice (WPP). Now you do. It'd most likely have been similar numbers rolling then as is now. Maybe slightly less back then but I dare so not as much as people think (Yeah I know, Back in your day things were different wink )

Truth.

MORGAN: Why didn't you fight him at the park if you wanted to? I'm not goin' now, I'm eatin' my snack.
CHUCKIE: Morgan, Let's go.
MORGAN: I'm serious Chuckie, I ain't goin'.
WILL: So don't go.
Re: Why Casso , Bowat, Amuso - kill D'Arco [Re: Crash] #857124
08/21/15 09:53 PM
08/21/15 09:53 PM
W
Wilson101 Offline
Underboss
Wilson101  Offline
W
Underboss
Mob boss was a great read. As far as rats are concerned I can sort of sympathize with D'arco.

Re: Why Casso , Bowat, Amuso - kill D'Arco [Re: Crash] #857796
08/27/15 10:27 AM
08/27/15 10:27 AM
BennyB Offline
Made Member
BennyB  Offline
Made Member
I just read Mob Boss again for the second time. What is so weird to me was already touched on above.

Did it seem strange to D'arco that he was made capo of a successful crew? Forget acting boss. How did he even accept being a capo without it raising red flags?? He didn't mention that in the book.

He must have been very gullible like someone wrote above. This is a guy who was made at 50 years old. He was not a very good earner. He didn't really do killings. He seemed to work for other people and jumped around from scam to scam most of his career. He wasn't aligned with anyone that successful. He seemed to know everyone, but he mostly worked for semi-washed up old-timers. So he should've realized that he didn't deserve to be a capo OR an acting boss.

I think Casso and Amuso put him as the Capo because they wanted someone they could control. They picked someone without a lot of power so they wouldn't be threatened. As someone else said above, there were several powerful soldiers in that crew like Manzo and Facciola. And it speaks a lot about of Amuso & Casso's poor leadership - they were threatened by anyone with power and money.

Anyway... I still think it's a great book. Mostly BECAUSE it's a book about a normal wiseguy who eked out a living in the 60's to 80's, not a hugely successful guy. Normally he never would've become a captain. And would his son ever have been made? They knew he was a junkie before they even made him...

Re: Why Casso , Bowat, Amuso - kill D'Arco [Re: Crash] #857802
08/27/15 11:25 AM
08/27/15 11:25 AM
S
SinatraClub Offline
Underboss
SinatraClub  Offline
S
Underboss
I wouldn't close the book on Bent Finger Lou just yet. Remember, Stanfa & Co, let Sonny Riccobene come back and actually led him into believing he'd be in on the rackets before they whacked him.

Then again, Big Ron Previte is still taking bets in one of the Philadelphia LCN territories and has yet to be touched.

Last edited by SinatraClub; 08/27/15 11:32 AM.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull