GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 413 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,782
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,343
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,528
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,415
Posts1,060,536
Members10,349
Most Online911
May 23rd, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Why doesn't Orena just start ratting on everyone? [Re: TommyGambino] #847938
06/26/15 01:33 AM
06/26/15 01:33 AM
N
Neo Offline OP
Underboss
Neo  Offline OP
N
Underboss
Originally Posted By: TommyGambino
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Originally Posted By: pmac
The voice of reason. Neo to answer your question after 1 year of any federal conviction you can't cooperate its over. Oreana been in 23 yrs. Like they said maybe he's a old time gangster that took his medicine like alot others. I think just the threat of the death penalty makes all these guys flip fast nowadays. Joel eagerly could have took a deal and Tommy shots them guys are stand up and in front of the death penalty.

That's all it is, a threat. They haven't executed a wiseguy in over fifty years. Look at the Basciano farce. They got their guilty verdict, but they were NEVER getting a New York City jury (Federal Case, but the jury pool is still gonna be made up of locals) to give him the needle. Not for those murders. Talk about a waste of Federal Tax Dollars rolleyes.

Vinny would have took the needle, regardless. It's just a scare tactic to get these guys to flip. Do any NY guys get executed? I honestly have no idea, I know they do out west and down south in the states.

Check you're Pm over on the other site mate

I would have said the same thing about Massino.....but look what happened.

Last edited by Neo; 06/26/15 01:34 AM.
Re: Why doesn't Orena just start ratting on everyone? [Re: NE1020] #847940
06/26/15 01:39 AM
06/26/15 01:39 AM
N
Neo Offline OP
Underboss
Neo  Offline OP
N
Underboss
Originally Posted By: NE1020
Originally Posted By: StLguy
Originally Posted By: NE1020
If he was lower ranked he probably would have. But no one want's to be infamous within OC, and the rest of the world for that matter, as the second boss to rat.

He's a little late for that. Off the top of my head I can this of multiple bosses who ratted. Casso, Massino, Natale...definitely more than two,and then there's underbosses like gravano and leonetti. Even luciano did some talking at one point.

I wonder if a consigleire has ever ratted while in office.

That is true. However, no other boss has been called the biggest rat since Massino. Its because he was the official, not acting or underboss. If Orena did choose to flip it would be all of the papers, even if it isn't as a shock like Massino or Gravano its still bad.

Btw, didn't that Luciano tactically snitch on himself or was it something else?

Apparently he ratted when he was young to avoid a minor prison stretch but in his defence he was only young at the time.

Re: Why doesn't Orena just start ratting on everyone? [Re: mulberry] #847941
06/26/15 01:42 AM
06/26/15 01:42 AM
N
Neo Offline OP
Underboss
Neo  Offline OP
N
Underboss
Originally Posted By: mulberry
Wasn't Carmine Sessa the consigliere or was he acting?

I believe he was the official consigliere but a poor choice by Carmine.

Re: Why doesn't Orena just start ratting on everyone? [Re: Neo] #847949
06/26/15 02:07 AM
06/26/15 02:07 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: Neo
Originally Posted By: TommyGambino
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Originally Posted By: pmac
The voice of reason. Neo to answer your question after 1 year of any federal conviction you can't cooperate its over. Oreana been in 23 yrs. Like they said maybe he's a old time gangster that took his medicine like alot others. I think just the threat of the death penalty makes all these guys flip fast nowadays. Joel eagerly could have took a deal and Tommy shots them guys are stand up and in front of the death penalty.

That's all it is, a threat. They haven't executed a wiseguy in over fifty years. Look at the Basciano farce. They got their guilty verdict, but they were NEVER getting a New York City jury (Federal Case, but the jury pool is still gonna be made up of locals) to give him the needle. Not for those murders. Talk about a waste of Federal Tax Dollars rolleyes.

Vinny would have took the needle, regardless. It's just a scare tactic to get these guys to flip. Do any NY guys get executed? I honestly have no idea, I know they do out west and down south in the states.

Check you're Pm over on the other site mate

I would have said the same thing about Massino.....but look what happened.

Vinny's been in prison going on eleven years, and he's never coming home. He'll be lucky if he ever gets out of SuperMax. Massino flipped fifteen minutes after they said the word guilty.

I get your point, though. Massino was revered on the old boards. When he flipped the fanboys were brokenhearted. Your point being, you never know. But at this point, it's safe to say that Vinny ain't ever gonna rat.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Why doesn't Orena just start ratting on everyone? [Re: Neo] #847959
06/26/15 06:05 AM
06/26/15 06:05 AM
naples,italy
furio_from_naples Offline
furio_from_naples  Offline

naples,italy
I think Orena didn't flip because after the war with the Persicos his sons or relatives can turn back in the family and made money. He was almost 60 so made the life and who's alive and on the street made money.

I know that in prison has become close to religion and helps to serve the wine and the host during Mass, maybe he realized that he must serve his sins on earth to aspire if not to paradise, at least to purgatory, but it's just my opinion.

Re: Why doesn't Orena just start ratting on everyone? [Re: Neo] #848031
06/26/15 04:37 PM
06/26/15 04:37 PM
M
mackinblack007 Offline
Capo
mackinblack007  Offline
M
Capo
He is still a made guy till the day he dies, and still socializes with made guys, including bosses for other familys(former or argument for current).

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull