GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Toodoped, furio_from_naples), 268 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,541
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,000
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,514
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,361
Posts1,059,258
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Walk a mile in her shoes [Re: Mignon] #840113
04/30/15 07:01 PM
04/30/15 07:01 PM
getthesenets Offline
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline
Underboss
OP posted a link, but here is article about some of the fallout

http://www.military.com/daily-news/2015/...ness-spurs.html

ROTC Cadets Wearing Heels for Sexual Assault Awareness Spurs

Military.com Apr 23, 2015 | by Bryant Jordan

The Army's Cadet Command at Fort Knox, Kentucky, is reviewing Reserve Officer Training Command cadet participation in a sexual assault awareness 5K walk/run event in which cadets at Temple University in Philadelphia wore high-heeled shoes with their uniforms.

The command announced the investigation following criticism of the cadets' participation by those who saw photos of the events on Twitter and Facebook, with some demanding unit commanders should be fired.

While ROTC command acknowledged that units were told to take part in the "Walk a Mile in Her Shoes" event as part of Sexual Assault Awareness Month, it "did not direct how the units would participate," command spokesman Lt. Col. Paul Haverstick said in a statement.

"We are currently gathering facts in order to review how local ROTC units implemented their participation in these events designed to raise awareness on the issue of sexual assault," he said.

Cadets with Arizona State University's ROTC unit also took part in the walk/run there, many donning heels but not their uniforms.

The Walk a Mile in Her Shoes event was one of the major observances for the 2015 Sexual Assault Awareness Month, with cities and towns across the U.S. and Canada hosting the walk/run.

But the sight of uniformed cadets accessorizing their uniforms with high heels – many of them red – proved too much for some.

"As a retired CSM [Command Sergeant Major] I feel the command should be re-assigned. Violation of the uniform dress code," one man posted to a photo depicting Temple cadets wearing BDUs and red high-heels. "And it just makes me sick. After 33 years this is how we train our future OFFICERS."

"If this was my son or daughter I would pull them from this Mickey Mouse ROTC. What kind of man or woman would even consider this," a retired Army warrant officer wrote.

But one woman noted that her son "did the same thing for [the] college football team a few years ago, but they wore pink heels to raise awareness of breast cancer.

"So let me ask you ... male or female, have you ever been sexually assaulted or had someone close to you who was," she continued. "You are missing the point and the entire symbolism of the red heels ... Grow up and educate yourselves."

The Temple ROTC cadets were not the only people to wear heels with their uniforms for a Walk a Mile event. Social media sites also show firefighters and police in unifiorm – and heels – making the run/walk.

Re: Walk a mile in her shoes [Re: ItalianForever] #840114
04/30/15 07:02 PM
04/30/15 07:02 PM
Upstate, NY
thedudeabides87 Offline
Underboss
thedudeabides87  Offline
Underboss
Upstate, NY
Originally Posted By: ItalianForever
Originally Posted By: thedudeabides87
Originally Posted By: Binnie_Coll
I can't believe it. its totally unreal, it makes me feel like we need a revolution.

something has got to change!!

Unfortunately a revolution won't happen anytime soon people would rather live with blinders on then actually see things for what they are they would rather prove the other party wrong and scream and yell that actually change things and the things they want to change aren't important because the media tells them what tp support.

Voting Democrat and Republican will just bring the same dog and pony show. My brother always laughable at me for voting either Green Party or Libertarian, he likes to tell me it is a wasted vote

I don't mean any disrespect with this man, but I really don't like your attempts to paint the republican party with the same brush as the democratic party (and the left generally) on this issue.

This shit never happened under Bush. If this country elects another democrat, this type of crap will continue unabated. If we elect a strong conservative christian, this shit will end. A conservative commander in chief will not allow such fuckery to take place in the armed forces.

My initial comments were on the political cartoons Malandrino posted, because I found them truthful. Binnie_Coll said he disagreed with the high heel wearing ROTC cadets and my comment/rant was about what he said in regards to a revolution not about high heels.

I don't find this to be an issue because as Getthesenets stated, it is a bullsh*t PR campaign. This stunt was made for the media to run with, for the left to show the feminist and people who reject gender stereotypes that the military is "kinder gentler to women and the issue of sexual violence" and to outrage the right because of the whole trans thing that offends there delicate sensibilities. It's unimportant nonsense stories like this that are used to divide America and keep the public focusing on "issues" like this and Bruce Jenner that aren't really important

These were ROTC college students on college campus, which as I have tried to point out with a recent video I have post one from Georgetown (gender nuetral bathrooms) and the other from UC Berkeley (Students praising ISIS and Hamas and condemning Israel) that some of the most radical and far left ideas are being indoctrinated into the young minds of these students. So I am not surprised by this at all and it is currently under investigation because it is alleged that these cadets were forced to do this under threat of disciplinary action.

In response to painting with the same brush:

A presidential candidate can be atheist liberal or a christian conservative it won't matter they will still be owned by Goldman Sachs and other people on Wall Street who are the people with the most power. Democrats and Republicans are laughing at us because they have convinced us that they are different, they just use social issues as a way to hide the truth.

Last edited by thedudeabides87; 04/30/15 07:05 PM.

The Dude: And, you know, he's got emotional problems, man.
Walter Sobchak: You mean... beyond pacifism?

Walter Sobchak: This guy f*cking walks. I've never been so sure of anything in my entire life
Re: Walk a mile in her shoes [Re: blacksheep] #840115
04/30/15 07:04 PM
04/30/15 07:04 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: blacksheep
Well I lived thru the Bush years. Those scumbags were the worst

So did I, and I disagree. I think women shaving down there is weird.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Walk a mile in her shoes [Re: pizzaboy] #840116
04/30/15 07:18 PM
04/30/15 07:18 PM
>>>OVA THERE
njcapo35 Offline
BANNED
njcapo35  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
>>>OVA THERE
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy

clap That was a good one! lol

"Jersey...It's where my story begins."
Re: Walk a mile in her shoes [Re: pizzaboy] #840117
04/30/15 07:25 PM
04/30/15 07:25 PM
NY
B
blacksheep Offline
Underboss
blacksheep  Offline
B
Underboss
NY

The world is a different place now. These days even guys are expected to do that

Make that coffee to go
Re: Walk a mile in her shoes [Re: blacksheep] #840119
04/30/15 07:30 PM
04/30/15 07:30 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck

The world is a different place now. These days even guys are expected to do that

That was probably the impetus for men wearing fuck-me pumps in the military. It's a slippery slope. Especially slippery if they're waxing down there, too.

I should write a column.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Walk a mile in her shoes [Re: pizzaboy] #840121
04/30/15 07:43 PM
04/30/15 07:43 PM
NY
B
blacksheep Offline
Underboss
blacksheep  Offline
B
Underboss
NY
I could see u being the next Andy rooney. They can just give u 5 minutes at the end of the show to go over a list of things that piss u off each week

Make that coffee to go
Re: Walk a mile in her shoes [Re: blacksheep] #840125
04/30/15 07:57 PM
04/30/15 07:57 PM
ItalianForever Offline
Capo
ItalianForever  Offline
Capo

Im in my mid thirties so did I. They were pretty good to me economically. Perhaps you're referring to the war.

Last edited by ItalianForever; 04/30/15 07:57 PM.
Re: Walk a mile in her shoes [Re: thedudeabides87] #840129
04/30/15 08:01 PM
04/30/15 08:01 PM
ItalianForever Offline
Capo
ItalianForever  Offline
Capo

A presidential candidate can be atheist liberal or a christian conservative it won't matter they will still be owned by Goldman Sachs and other people on Wall Street who are the people with the most power. Democrats and Republicans are laughing at us because they have convinced us that they are different, they just use social issues as a way to hide the truth.

So if both are controlled by big bad wall street (which i'm not sure how directly effects you on a daily basis), I am going to focus on the issues that matter to me. And you can focus on the issues that matter to you. It's a free country. But at the end of the day, there are alot more reasons for me to vote republican than to vote democrat.

Last edited by ItalianForever; 04/30/15 08:02 PM.
Re: Walk a mile in her shoes [Re: ItalianForever] #840130
04/30/15 08:03 PM
04/30/15 08:03 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck

Im in my mid thirties so did I. They were pretty good to me economically. Perhaps you're referring to the war.

I could do that lol.

Re: Walk a mile in her shoes [Re: Malandrino] #840131
04/30/15 08:05 PM
04/30/15 08:05 PM
L
Lou_Para Offline
Underboss
Lou_Para  Offline
L
Underboss
Q. What is the definition of a Conservative?
A. A Liberal who has been the victim of a home invasion.

Q. What is a racist?
A. Anyone winning an argument with a Liberal.

Re: Walk a mile in her shoes [Re: pizzaboy] #840133
04/30/15 08:07 PM
04/30/15 08:07 PM
ItalianForever Offline
Capo
ItalianForever  Offline
Capo

I could do that lol.

Not sure I get it.

Re: Walk a mile in her shoes [Re: ItalianForever] #840136
04/30/15 08:30 PM
04/30/15 08:30 PM
Upstate, NY
thedudeabides87 Offline
Underboss
thedudeabides87  Offline
Underboss
Upstate, NY

So if both are controlled by big bad wall street (which i'm not sure how directly effects you on a daily basis), I am going to focus on the issues that matter to me. And you can focus on the issues that matter to you. It's a free country. But at the end of the day, there are alot more reasons for me to vote republican than to vote democrat.

I never said it directly affects me, I said it won't matter who you vote for because big bad wall street has more influence on policy than any political ideology or promise the candidate says while campaigning.

I'm not trying to convince you to vote one way or the other, I am not really concerned with what other people do with their lives and if you want to believe that you can, I am not going to tell anyone how to live or what is right and wrong (I will at least do my best not to).

I am going to focus on the issues that matter to me. And you can focus on the issues that matter to you

Which is why when Binnie_Coll mentioned a revolution, I said it won't happen.

Last edited by thedudeabides87; 04/30/15 08:36 PM.

The Dude: And, you know, he's got emotional problems, man.
Walter Sobchak: You mean... beyond pacifism?

Walter Sobchak: This guy f*cking walks. I've never been so sure of anything in my entire life
Re: Walk a mile in her shoes [Re: ItalianForever] #840137
04/30/15 08:33 PM
04/30/15 08:33 PM
NY
B
blacksheep Offline
Underboss
blacksheep  Offline
B
Underboss
NY

I was thinking of their foreign policy when I wrote that, but even economically tho. Bush presided over an artificial bubble just like Clinton did with the dot com era. With bush it was housing. But that bubble burst when bush was still in office. The first stimulus package was under his watch and Obama came just in time for the bottom to fall out. Some people did good during the bush years, but it also brought us to the great recession. Remember it was bush who tried classifying fast food jobs as manufacturing jobs to boost his numbers. He was a joke just like most presidents.

Make that coffee to go
Re: Walk a mile in her shoes [Re: ItalianForever] #840139
04/30/15 08:44 PM
04/30/15 08:44 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck

I could do that lol.

Not sure I get it.

That's really weird. I thought I was quoting this:

I could see u being the next Andy rooney. They can just give u 5 minutes at the end of the show to go over a list of things that piss u off each week

I could do that lol.

Re: Walk a mile in her shoes [Re: blacksheep] #840140
04/30/15 08:48 PM
04/30/15 08:48 PM
getthesenets Offline
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline
Underboss
@Pizza,

my stomach hurts from laughing...then I look at your avatar and picture Coach saying those lines and it becomes ten times funnier.

Re: Walk a mile in her shoes [Re: getthesenets] #840141
04/30/15 08:50 PM
04/30/15 08:50 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: getthesenets
@Pizza,

my stomach hurts from laughing...then I look at your avatar and picture Coach saying those lines and it becomes ten times funnier.

And I was this close to switching my avatar to the Dos Equis guy as a tribute to my favorite Newark guy lol.

Re: Walk a mile in her shoes [Re: pizzaboy] #840142
04/30/15 09:09 PM
04/30/15 09:09 PM
getthesenets Offline
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline
Underboss

And I was this close to switching my avatar to the Dos Equis guy as a tribute to my favorite Newark guy lol.

considering that two out of these three guys are from Newark

that's a big compliment.

Re: Walk a mile in her shoes [Re: pizzaboy] #840151
05/01/15 01:20 AM
05/01/15 01:20 AM
Castellammare del Golfo
Malandrino Offline OP
Underboss
Malandrino  Offline OP
Underboss
Castellammare del Golfo

I could do that lol.

"What really grinds my gears" Pizzaboy edition

-I shot him a coupla' times.
-What's a couple?
-Hmm, more than a couple... Really I don't know the exact amount, maybe I shot him 10 times, 12 times?
-Maybe fifteen?
-Hmm, it could've been fifteen...

-Anthony "Gaspipe" Casso
Re: Walk a mile in her shoes [Re: bigboy] #840192
05/01/15 10:58 AM
05/01/15 10:58 AM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Originally Posted By: bigboy
The Army is clearly engulfed by this political correctness crap. I live very close to Ft Bragg, home of Special Operations and I do see that there is a problem with sexual assault. I get the Ft Bragg newspaper once a week and it seems as though everything is aimed at the female reader instead of the warrior. Long ago when they first started pushing for more women in the Army people said there might be problems with sex assaults and sure enough it is happening. You put a horny recent high school graduate in a remote area with a female and something is bound to happen. Now they are trying to put females through Ranger school (One of the physically toughest schools in the military just so they can wear a tab on their shoulder (Just so they can feel good) but if they make it they will not be allowed (Yet) to serve in a Ranger unit, so why waste millions of dollars just to make them feel good. My daughter works on Bragg and was instructed how to address military gay couples and trannys. We need some officer leaders with balls

That's just it. People say, "Well if women can do it, why not let them?" The vast majority of them CAN'T. It's why the military is always under political pressure by...wait for it...LIBERAL politicians to lower the standards so women can be Rangers, in combat, or whatever else. It's sickening, and frankly, wrong. Unless a country is facing clear and present annihilation (like Israel) it has no business putting women in those roles. They don't belong there. Period. And the thing is, most (normal) women would fully agree. It's the shrill, minority who have it in their sick heads that there's no significant difference between males and females that get all the press. Hey, but don't take my word for it. Read what Marine Capt. Katie Petronio said on the matter.

Last edited by IvyLeague; 05/01/15 11:04 AM.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: Walk a mile in her shoes [Re: Malandrino] #840207
05/01/15 12:31 PM
05/01/15 12:31 PM
far, northwest
Binnie_Coll Offline
Underboss
Binnie_Coll  Offline
Underboss
far, northwest
well said, this is where I agree with ivy league. its ridiculous to think that if you put women and men together in uniform mixing with one another that nothing will happen between them.

common sense tells you there are going to be problems, women do not belong in the military. my opinion.

" watch what you say around this guy, he's got a big mouth" sam giancana to an outfit soldier about frank Sinatra. [ from the book "my way"
Re: Walk a mile in her shoes [Re: Malandrino] #840232
05/01/15 02:28 PM
05/01/15 02:28 PM
F
fergie Offline
Underboss
fergie  Offline
F
Underboss
This is more offensive to women surely? Why the bright red high heels? I think the meaning of the phrase has been lost completely on some smart ass in the US Army....

Re: Walk a mile in her shoes [Re: Malandrino] #840236
05/01/15 02:34 PM
05/01/15 02:34 PM
F
fergie Offline
Underboss
fergie  Offline
F
Underboss
It's like asking recruits to black up so they can "understand" how being black feels like in the army...Just naive and disgusting...

Re: Walk a mile in her shoes [Re: Malandrino] #840239
05/01/15 02:37 PM
05/01/15 02:37 PM
F
fergie Offline
Underboss
fergie  Offline
F
Underboss
I'd now like the people behind these ideas to volunteer to be on the end of a strap on so THEY know what it's like to be gay in the army in the army...

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull