GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (dsd, Ben54), 264 guests, and 6 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,538
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,996
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,513
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,357
Posts1,059,173
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: Was John Gotti afraid of the Chin [Re: Dellacroce] #839356
04/27/15 12:54 PM
04/27/15 12:54 PM
DiLorenzo Offline
Underboss
DiLorenzo  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Dellacroce
Gigante's grand son was just elected mayor in rockland county. Some of the comments in this article are ridiculous, its like they interviewed some gossiping old grandma.

http://nypost.com/2015/04/26/mobsters-grandson-elected-mayor-of-new-york-village/
I don't know what the residents are so worried about, he's not in the mob, and his grandfathers gone..If they're worried about the mob running their town, they shouldn't sweat it so much, history shows the mob ran city's better then politicians !!

Re: Was John Gotti afraid of the Chin [Re: IvyLeague] #839370
04/27/15 02:10 PM
04/27/15 02:10 PM
Bamboo Lounge
NickyEyes1 Offline
Hawks Bears Bulls Sox
NickyEyes1  Offline
Hawks Bears Bulls Sox
Underboss
Bamboo Lounge
Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
The adolescent obsession with "Who's tougher?" in this thread aside, it's not hard to believe Mouw's account of what happened when they warned Gotti about the plot against his life. I imagine Gotti's kneejerk reaction was to go into his "What, me worry? I'm untouchable" character. But when they told him the threat was from the West Side, as Mouw said, "that meant something to him." For a moment, Gotti's reaction revealed real concern before responding that he had "no problems" with Chin.

As for Gigante, though it would have been much harder and more unlikely to happen in the Genovese family, no doubt he saw Gotti's move as a threat to all sitting bosses. Not to mention the business deals he had going with Castellano before this upstart capo from Queens decided to take over without Commission approval. Ironically, Chin tried to take out a sitting boss (Costello) decades before for Genovese. How much Commission approval they had or didn't have aside, it shows how these guys are all about the rules when it benefits them. Once that changes, the rules can go out the window fairly quickly.

Originally Posted By: NickyEyes1
Originally Posted By: Dellacroce
Gigante's grand son was just elected mayor in rockland county. Some of the comments in this article are ridiculous, its like they interviewed some gossiping old grandma.

http://nypost.com/2015/04/26/mobsters-grandson-elected-mayor-of-new-york-village/

What a joke. You have Gigante in the life and people complain. And then you have his grandson get out of that life and into the legit life and people still complain. You can't win.

Well, as someone on another thread correctly pointed out, the freight company he's president of was likely acquired through mob influence, i.e. union connections, intimidation, etc. Would he be where he is now without how his grandfather was? I'm not so sure.

Well what do you expect him to do then? Just because he has family involved means he can't be legitimate?

How else would you expect the kids or grandkids of these guys to get out of that? Following your logic everyone related to these guys are illegitimate.

Last edited by NickyEyes1; 04/27/15 02:11 PM.
Re: Was John Gotti afraid of the Chin [Re: Tonytough] #839405
04/27/15 04:54 PM
04/27/15 04:54 PM
DiLorenzo Offline
Underboss
DiLorenzo  Offline
Underboss
I agree...Its not the fault of the kids, they're doing their jobs working...How they got their jobs isn't their fault !!

Re: Was John Gotti afraid of the Chin [Re: IvyLeague] #839411
04/27/15 05:16 PM
04/27/15 05:16 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
Well, as someone on another thread correctly pointed out, the freight company he's president of was likely acquired through mob influence, i.e. union connections, intimidation, etc. Would he be where he is now without how his grandfather was? I'm not so sure.

Yeah, but the line has to be drawn somewhere, Ivy. I mean, why did the Kennedys get to go from bootleggers to a political fucking dynasty in a single generation? They didn't have doors opened for them with "dirty" money?

And I realize that you loathe the Kennedys for their politics. Maybe I'm being a little too cute by using them as the example. But like I said, they did it in a single generation. This Gigante kid grew up completely sheltered from the life. All of the grandkids did (by all of the brothers). Sure, wiseguy money opened doors for him with the freight company. But so did hooch money open doors for the Kennedys. So if it only takes a single generation for the Irish, three generations isn't enough for the Italians?

Hey, the Irish got here first, they secured the civil service jobs and locked up New York City politics. If the Italians had arrived here first and had the benefit of speaking a variation of the English language (as the Irish did), we would have done the same thing. You take care of your own first. I don't give a shit what anyone says. It's human nature and it's okay. But what's good for the goose is good for the gander.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull