GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Big_Tuna93), 214 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,467
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,887
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,326
Posts1,058,644
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Skinny Joey Murder Indictment? [Re: PHL_Mob] #838095
04/17/15 01:39 PM
04/17/15 01:39 PM
G
GerryLang Offline
Underboss
GerryLang  Offline
G
Underboss
Originally Posted By: PHL_Mob
Ray Wags is half Italian so I'm assuming that he's never going to be made, but who knows. He's actually directly related to Gaeton Lucibello and his brother is a bookmaker who got an '08 bookmaking charge. I don't think he's flipping any time soon but I'm also curious about his role in the grander scheme of things and what he actually knows, etc.

I think he's more a friend, a very trusted friend, then guy involved in that life.

Re: Skinny Joey Murder Indictment? [Re: Moe_Tilden] #838099
04/17/15 02:01 PM
04/17/15 02:01 PM
W
Wilson101 Offline
Underboss
Wilson101  Offline
W
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Moe_Tilden
"If I know anything in this world, it is this: the feds have a hard-on for and vendetta against Joey Merlino to such a degree that its palpable in everything they do, every move, every action, every word – I personally know of a handful of just everyday citizens that have had to interact with Merlino since his release from his most-recent RICO bust in early 2011 and were promptly apprehended by the FBI for questioning. FBI agents and U.S. attorneys in Philadelphia want to bury him in a hole so bad, they’d sell their first born kids. I swear to God. The only think in the annals of American legal history that could equal this lust for the sinking of a man and his criminal empire would be Al Capone in Chicago circa 1930 and John Gotti in New York circa 1990."

Better to have a metaphorical hard on than you know.... an actual hard on.

The way people root for individuals who - in essence - are criminals and serial killers is pretty disturbing. I mean where do you draw the line?

Society is pretty f***ed up.

Give me a break. Criminals killing criminals is really a cause you wanna crusade for? Who has he allegedly killed? Other LCN guys. Please show me an example of one person he allegedly killed who wasn't a killer himself. You gotta grow up buddy. There are causes worth fighting for but it's hard for me to find any empathy for people who wanna be in that life.

Re: Skinny Joey Murder Indictment? [Re: DanteMoltisanti] #838106
04/17/15 02:29 PM
04/17/15 02:29 PM
S
SinatraClub Offline
Underboss
SinatraClub  Offline
S
Underboss
That's a good article by Scott, the latest piece on Merlino. I think his assessment is right on as far as how bad the feds want Merlino. I have little doubt that the feds are all over him and his associates. I'm pretty sure they're watching the guy who supposedly loaned Joey the money for the restaurant, and loaned out a house in his name to Joey too. I forget his name right now, but he's the guy who was with him one of the days he went to court. It's only common sense to look and see where that money trail leads and where it's from. I don't know, maybe guys begin to feel the pressure of an investigation, maybe not. But sooner or later, the government is going to hit them with something.

Re: Skinny Joey Murder Indictment? [Re: DanteMoltisanti] #838164
04/17/15 09:25 PM
04/17/15 09:25 PM
Baltimore
HandsomeStevie Offline
Underboss
HandsomeStevie  Offline
Underboss
Baltimore
Sinatra, the guy your talking about is Stan Stein. He's Joey's sugar daddy!!

Death Before Dishonor
Re: Skinny Joey Murder Indictment? [Re: merlino] #838166
04/17/15 11:36 PM
04/17/15 11:36 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: merlino
Is it true if you are out of the life for 5 years or more the feds cannot get a RICO indictment on you? I understand the feds could still get joey on a murder charge if he was there or did any of the murders but was wondering if anyome knows about any truth to the RICO statutes, if joey he has good enough vision to lay low until 2020

No statute on murder. If they can only use said murder in connection to a RICO that seems to have run its course, the Feds have gotten around it before. Look no further than Eppolito and Caracappa.

Now, those two animals belong buried UNDER the jail. Dirty cops are in the same class as wiseguys who turn on their friends. Actually, they're worse. Because you expect a criminal to lie, cheat and steal. But from a legal standpoint, the way they kept the clock ticking on the "Mafia Cops" RICO case was ridiculous.

In short, the Feds have a tremendous amount of clout when it comes to getting Judges to rule in their favor. They stack the deck and they win. They're not batting .900 plus at trial for two hundred years because their lawyers are any smarter than the best and the brightest in the criminal defense world.

That being said, if you don't go around killing people, they probably won't look to frame you.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Skinny Joey Murder Indictment? [Re: Wilson101] #838175
04/18/15 03:14 AM
04/18/15 03:14 AM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

Originally Posted By: VegasMikey
Originally Posted By: Moe_Tilden
"If I know anything in this world, it is this: the feds have a hard-on for and vendetta against Joey Merlino to such a degree that its palpable in everything they do, every move, every action, every word – I personally know of a handful of just everyday citizens that have had to interact with Merlino since his release from his most-recent RICO bust in early 2011 and were promptly apprehended by the FBI for questioning. FBI agents and U.S. attorneys in Philadelphia want to bury him in a hole so bad, they’d sell their first born kids. I swear to God. The only think in the annals of American legal history that could equal this lust for the sinking of a man and his criminal empire would be Al Capone in Chicago circa 1930 and John Gotti in New York circa 1990."

Better to have a metaphorical hard on than you know.... an actual hard on.

The way people root for individuals who - in essence - are criminals and serial killers is pretty disturbing. I mean where do you draw the line?

Society is pretty f***ed up.

Give me a break. Criminals killing criminals is really a cause you wanna crusade for? Who has he allegedly killed? Other LCN guys. Please show me an example of one person he allegedly killed who wasn't a killer himself. You gotta grow up buddy. There are causes worth fighting for but it's hard for me to find any empathy for people who wanna be in that life.

We aren't privy to all the people he has killed or ordered to be killed. We do know that he could have easily killed innocent bystanders when he was recklessly trying to assassinate Scarfo Jr. and Stanfa in public places. We also know that he is violent street thug who extorted and contributed in making life a living hell for older Italian American males - kind of ironic then how you have a minority of younger Italian American males looking up to him. Killing people period is sick. If "crips" or "bloods" go around shooting each other and polluting their neighborhoods with drugs they are "animals". So is Merlino, no matter how much brylcreem he wears, how much time he spends in tanning salons and how expensive the suits Stan Stein buys him are.

Burnstein should have a exercise a bit more detachment and journalistic integrity about this. The feds aren't "on his nuts". He violated parole by consorting with a fellow felon. They are leaders of a profitable and violent crime family.

This isn't f*ing Robin Hood.

I invoke my right under the 5th amendment of the United States constitution and decline to answer the question.
Re: Skinny Joey Murder Indictment? [Re: DanteMoltisanti] #838178
04/18/15 04:57 AM
04/18/15 04:57 AM
New Jersey
Dellacroce Offline
Underboss
Dellacroce  Offline
Underboss
New Jersey
Typical moe tilden, always the first to get up on your high horse. If you dont think the feds hold a grudge or carry out a vendetta then your just as delusional as the people who worship merlino.

In related news robert genetile, a made guy in the philly family out of conneticuit was arrested because the feds be all up on his nuts bc they think he was involved in a infamous boston art theft years ago.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2015/0...emDN/story.html

"Let me tell you something. There's no nobility in poverty. I've been a poor man, and I've been a rich man. And I choose rich every fucking time."

-Jordan Belfort
Re: Skinny Joey Murder Indictment? [Re: DanteMoltisanti] #838180
04/18/15 05:25 AM
04/18/15 05:25 AM
Serpiente Offline
Underboss
Serpiente  Offline
Underboss
Well said Dellacroce ,get mixed up with either one and you will wish you had your private life as a Gbb poster back ,They are both ruthless and you will be sorry,if the line ever gets crossed...

Cackling like a banty Rooster.

I love this," "I just love this."
Re: Skinny Joey Murder Indictment? [Re: DanteMoltisanti] #838182
04/18/15 06:07 AM
04/18/15 06:07 AM
G
GerryLang Offline
Underboss
GerryLang  Offline
G
Underboss
It's an accepted fact the FED'S have a hard on for Merlino, going back to when he knocked off that armored car, then him beating the murder and drug dealing charges. His arrogant attitude doesn't help him either. The same goes for his boy Borgesi, they want to put his ass away for life too.

You have to give credit to Merlino and his inner circle when it comes to their ability to commit murders and get away with it so far, the latest Nicodemo debacle being the exception.

There is no doubt the FED'S play dirty when they really want to get someone. As mentioned earlier, they used some loophole to allow Burton Kaplan to testify in the Mafia Cops case, without his testimony tthey most likely don't have enough to take the case to court.

Re: Skinny Joey Murder Indictment? [Re: DanteMoltisanti] #838185
04/18/15 07:19 AM
04/18/15 07:19 AM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

There gonna find them paintings. That guy is either really dumb or really a good liar. Maybe he likes all the attention but his name is all over the place around n.e.

Re: Skinny Joey Murder Indictment? [Re: DanteMoltisanti] #838187
04/18/15 07:32 AM
04/18/15 07:32 AM
G
GerryLang Offline
Underboss
GerryLang  Offline
G
Underboss
That museum robbery is weird. You got to have buyers in place when you rob something that unique, unless the security was so bad or an inside job. Them paintings can be worth a hundred million, but if you don't have a buyer it's as good as toilet tissue.

Re: Skinny Joey Murder Indictment? [Re: DanteMoltisanti] #838189
04/18/15 07:59 AM
04/18/15 07:59 AM
S
SinatraClub Offline
Underboss
SinatraClub  Offline
S
Underboss
There was a special on CNN about that robbery. There were only two security guards on the job that night, and it is suspected to be an inside job as the original guard who was on duty that night, called out. So a sub was brought in and another guy, and the robbers somehow appeared to know where the alarm buttons were and tied the two guards up away from them, so they couldn't reach them or touch them. According to one of the guards that were on that night, while he was doing his rounds he noticed like a dark shadow standing between two statues in one of the art rooms, which indicated to him, that they had already had someone inside the building before the robbers even knocked on the door disguised as police.

Re: Skinny Joey Murder Indictment? [Re: SinatraClub] #838193
04/18/15 08:17 AM
04/18/15 08:17 AM
G
GerryLang Offline
Underboss
GerryLang  Offline
G
Underboss
Originally Posted By: SinatraClub
There was a special on CNN about that robbery. There were only two security guards on the job that night, and it is suspected to be an inside job as the original guard who was on duty that night, called out. So a sub was brought in and another guy, and the robbers somehow appeared to know where the alarm buttons were and tied the two guards up away from them, so they couldn't reach them or touch them. According to one of the guards that were on that night, while he was doing his rounds he noticed like a dark shadow standing between two statues in one of the art rooms, which indicated to him, that they had already had someone inside the building before the robbers even knocked on the door disguised as police.

I think I watched that or another documentary about the robbery. There is just such a small market for high price ed stolen artwork. Maybe their plan was to sit on it for awhile and try and get the reward money.

Re: Skinny Joey Murder Indictment? [Re: DanteMoltisanti] #838201
04/18/15 09:05 AM
04/18/15 09:05 AM
S
SinatraClub Offline
Underboss
SinatraClub  Offline
S
Underboss
Seems that way, or overtime, they figured they'd store them until the heat went down and then attempted to move them. There's big money is stolen artwork like the likes of what was stolen during this heist, Rembrandt's, paintings from guys of a bygone time and era, who were long dead before the museum even begun to be built. The problem was nobody wants to be the guy who gets caught with stolen artwork in his home that he purchased off the black market.

Re: Skinny Joey Murder Indictment? [Re: DanteMoltisanti] #838204
04/18/15 09:28 AM
04/18/15 09:28 AM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

gentile got inducted by merlino with the 2 other guys from boston alot younger the won who fliped and that guy shawn v. wonder if the boston guys asked philly to release them probaly somehwere in federal prison. i guess the guy who hid them died before he could tell someone else think he was a melino no relation to joey in boston. the guy gentile knows something. he had a huge fued with a genovese guy volpe who ran hartford forever died couple years ago. theres was a wire hes talking shit old guys. i dont hink the feds would let joey get to a halfway house if there was a case. like allie perisco the day hes to be released twice they brought him to court for new charges.

Re: Skinny Joey Murder Indictment? [Re: Dellacroce] #838217
04/18/15 11:06 AM
04/18/15 11:06 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: Dellacroce
Typical moe tilden, always the first to get up on your high horse. If you dont think the feds hold a grudge or carry out a vendetta then your just as delusional as the people who worship merlino.

Moe is a typical, Holier-Than-Thou moralist. And that would be fine if he was consistent. Back on November 30th, he had a bit of a meltdown about the way the poor Kennedys were being picked on, and actually had the nerve to suggest that the "misdeeds" of the Kennedy clan were "alleged." I replied with what I thought was a fair post about trying to be consistent, and Moe never replied to me. I'm going to link his post here (be sure to read his post and my reply), then I'll continue on with my thoughts underneath the link.

http://www.gangsterbb.net/threads/ubbthr...true#Post816149

Now, here's the thing. Go back a hundred or so years, and Joe Kennedy is in the same league as Frank Costello or Meyer Lanky. So, if you're a Jew or an Italian, your kids might get rich. But their gains are forever "ill-gotten," and people should be reminded of it at every turn. But if you're Irish, and you're in bed with everyone from Giancana to Costello to Lansky, it's just fine for YOUR descendants to become American Royalty.

Moe's right, though. God only knows how many people that Joey Merlino had killed. But God's also the only one who knows how filthy fucking dirty the scumbag Kennedys were (and remain to this day). And here's the important part about being consistent. If every Italian wiseguy deserves to die in a cage for his crimes (and I always say that murderers belong in jail), then the scumbag Kennedys should be held to the same standard.

From serial rapists to driving under the influence to poor Teddy's rough night at Chappaquiddick (which is just water under the bridge whistle), it's okay for the Kennedy family to live its life outside the law. But if you have jet black hair, olive skin, and your name ends in a vowel, then you're public enemy number one.

Consistency, Moe. And when it comes to being harassed and prosecuted by the Federal Government, what's good for Enzo should be for Seamus.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Skinny Joey Murder Indictment? [Re: DanteMoltisanti] #838218
04/18/15 11:10 AM
04/18/15 11:10 AM
D
Dwalin2011 Offline
Underboss
Dwalin2011  Offline
D
Underboss
Pizzaboy, what do you think of Bobby Kennedy? I don't like his brother John very much, but Bobby gave organized crime some heavy kicks, as far as I know (or at least he tried to).

But I agree about their father Joe, he was dirty like all other organized crime associates. By the way, was he just a crook or were there any hits attributed to him?

Willie Marfeo to Henry Tameleo:

1) "You people want a loaf of bread and you throw the crumbs back. Well, fuck you. I ain't closing down."

2) "Get out of here, old man. Go tell Raymond to go shit in his hat. We're not giving you anything."
Re: Skinny Joey Murder Indictment? [Re: Dwalin2011] #838220
04/18/15 11:26 AM
04/18/15 11:26 AM
southphilly
S
sophilly Offline
Button
sophilly  Offline
S
Button
southphilly
crazy thing is The Mob got John elected than once elected Bobby Kennedy went after them...and considering their fucked up family history...talk about a hypocrite family huh

Re: Skinny Joey Murder Indictment? [Re: DanteMoltisanti] #838223
04/18/15 01:12 PM
04/18/15 01:12 PM
New Jersey
Dellacroce Offline
Underboss
Dellacroce  Offline
Underboss
New Jersey
Moe tilden, hypocrite thy name is you.

Your being called out ya better show up. wink

Re: Skinny Joey Murder Indictment? [Re: Dellacroce] #838225
04/18/15 01:17 PM
04/18/15 01:17 PM
D
Dwalin2011 Offline
Underboss
Dwalin2011  Offline
D
Underboss

In my opinion, both Moe Tilden and Pizzaboy have a point.

Willie Marfeo to Henry Tameleo:

1) "You people want a loaf of bread and you throw the crumbs back. Well, fuck you. I ain't closing down."

2) "Get out of here, old man. Go tell Raymond to go shit in his hat. We're not giving you anything."
Re: Skinny Joey Murder Indictment? [Re: Dwalin2011] #838230
04/18/15 01:56 PM
04/18/15 01:56 PM
New Jersey
Dellacroce Offline
Underboss
Dellacroce  Offline
Underboss
New Jersey
Originally Posted By: Dwalin2011

In my opinion, both Moe Tilden and Pizzaboy have a point.

I was just joking about calling him out i dont really care if he responds. But what exactly do you think his point is? that this board needs him, some liberal halfa troll irishmen to be our moral compass? No thanks.

"Let me tell you something. There's no nobility in poverty. I've been a poor man, and I've been a rich man. And I choose rich every fucking time."

-Jordan Belfort
Re: Skinny Joey Murder Indictment? [Re: DanteMoltisanti] #838250
04/18/15 05:54 PM
04/18/15 05:54 PM
W
Wilson101 Offline
Underboss
Wilson101  Offline
W
Underboss
Take it easy on Moe guys!! Lol. He can't seem to comprehend that violence and murder are the ultimate authority in organized crime. Obviously, as Moe stated, killing another person is wrong and sick. That being said this is the Mafia we are talking about. Merlino and his people would have had a real tough time rising to power if they would have decided to use a peaceful wAr strategy for the first time in LCN history. Hahaha

Re: Skinny Joey Murder Indictment? [Re: DanteMoltisanti] #838409
04/20/15 01:42 PM
04/20/15 01:42 PM
The Jersey Shore
D
DanteMoltisanti Offline OP
Underboss
DanteMoltisanti  Offline OP
D
Underboss
The Jersey Shore

Re: Skinny Joey Murder Indictment? [Re: DanteMoltisanti] #838410
04/20/15 01:44 PM
04/20/15 01:44 PM
The Jersey Shore
D
Underboss
D
Underboss
The Jersey Shore
Scott left out the Rocco Maniscalco hit in that timeline, which is widely believed to be LCN Related

Re: Skinny Joey Murder Indictment? [Re: DanteMoltisanti] #838411
04/20/15 01:45 PM
04/20/15 01:45 PM
The Jersey Shore
D
Underboss
D
Underboss
The Jersey Shore

Re: Skinny Joey Murder Indictment? [Re: DanteMoltisanti] #838417
04/20/15 02:57 PM
04/20/15 02:57 PM
Serpiente Offline
Underboss
Serpiente  Offline
Underboss
There is only one group of guys that will leave 1800.00 $ in a pocket of a victim.
And it is not a bunch of drug dealers killing a guy that got welshed on a bet .

Last edited by Serpiente; 04/27/15 10:08 AM.

Cackling like a banty Rooster.

I love this," "I just love this."
Re: Skinny Joey Murder Indictment? [Re: DanteMoltisanti] #838419
04/20/15 03:02 PM
04/20/15 03:02 PM
W
Wilson101 Offline
Underboss
Wilson101  Offline
W
Underboss
Yep. I would bet my life It was one of them SP guys who killed him. He was right there in the heart of it making book on his own. Probably did it for years and thought it was sweet. Somebody leaned on him and he wouldn't pay. I doubt anybody spelled it out for him, next thing you know he's dead.

Re: Skinny Joey Murder Indictment? [Re: DanteMoltisanti] #838420
04/20/15 03:06 PM
04/20/15 03:06 PM
W
Wilson101 Offline
Underboss
Wilson101  Offline
W
Underboss
Honestly the whole "drug dealers lost 60k, and then murdered him" is barely even plausible at best

Re: Skinny Joey Murder Indictment? [Re: DanteMoltisanti] #838424
04/20/15 03:27 PM
04/20/15 03:27 PM
ne philly
merlino Offline
jesus quintana
merlino  Offline
jesus quintana
Underboss
ne philly
Dude was shitting on the sp guys by not coughing up to them also being the nephew of the riccobone ppl he probably wasnt buddies with the right people out on the streets... $60,000 is a big number and if they pay or not others want their cut..... only strange thing IMO, is law enforcement not leaking info refarding OC in s philly being involved... all the rest of the mob hits in the time frame the philly pd know who was involved

Re: Skinny Joey Murder Indictment? [Re: DanteMoltisanti] #838438
04/20/15 05:23 PM
04/20/15 05:23 PM
J
jipjones Offline
Made Member
jipjones  Offline
J
Made Member
I know this is totally of Topic.. What do u guys think will happen once Skinny Joeys home do u think Mazzone and the gang r going go down to Boca and and Party at joey's Resturant more?? do u think there going stick to the feds

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull