GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 87 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,618
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,164
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,518
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,387
Posts1,059,816
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: GOP 2016 [Re: BarrettM] #837796
04/15/15 01:00 PM
04/15/15 01:00 PM
ItalianForever Offline
Capo
ItalianForever  Offline
Capo
Originally Posted By: BarrettM

See, I just don't know where you get this from. The democratic party in America is centre-left compared to ANY comparable western government. [quote=BarrettM]

The only change in the democratic party is its now more bought-and-paid-for than ever. And lets be honest, they all are.

More bought and paid for than the republicans.

The democrats are anti gun, pro amnesty, and pro raising taxes buddy. You are sleeping if you think it is any other way. Just look at the gun laws of states that have been run by Dems for years. While your at it, looks at the tax and regulatory structure.

The only thing AND I MEAN THE ONLY THING that keeps democrats in check is the system of checks and balances. And in large part because republican congress keeps them in check.

And fuck other countries. If i wanted to live in Australia or Britain I would move.

Last edited by ItalianForever; 04/15/15 01:03 PM.
Re: GOP 2016 [Re: thedudeabides87] #837797
04/15/15 01:04 PM
04/15/15 01:04 PM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss
I am waiting for John McCain to run again.

I keep getting emails for donations from Republicans got one from Marco Rubio today.

only the unloved hate
Re: GOP 2016 [Re: thedudeabides87] #837799
04/15/15 01:09 PM
04/15/15 01:09 PM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss
My son wanted to movie to Austrailia actual the place just south the Sicily of Australia. The place named after that rat with the pitbull teeth Tasmania.

Just because he fell in love with a girl from their that he met in college.

They allow no guns there. That place is full of more things that can kill you then any other place in the world.

only the unloved hate
Re: GOP 2016 [Re: thedudeabides87] #837801
04/15/15 01:11 PM
04/15/15 01:11 PM
B
bigboy Offline
Underboss
bigboy  Offline
B
Underboss
Look at some of the cities that have been run by Democrats forever and see how they have done- Detroit, Chicago, Buffalo, Los Angeles, all in trouble.

Re: GOP 2016 [Re: BarrettM] #837803
04/15/15 01:13 PM
04/15/15 01:13 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Who you thinking of voting for PB?

Way too soon to say. I'm praying for a moderate ticket that's fair on social issues, yet not willing to give away the store on fiscal issues.

By the way I'm sorry about all your recent headaches. I wish your dad the best.

Thanks, Pal. It means a lot. He's in a private room at a very good hospital in Manhattan. We already know that he's being released before the weekend. He's a tough old bugger, so we're very hopeful.

And Lieber the worst.

Thanks again, but life's too short. Look at all the crap floating around these sites lately. Everyone beefing with everyone. We all need to behave more civilly, myself included. When I have things on my mind, I can be as nasty as anyone else. And I'm wrong when I do that.

That said, I'll still continue to rebut things about the Bronx and the surrounding areas that I know for a fact are contrary to the truth. But all of that is for the OC section and the other boards. I'll be spending a lot more time in General Discussion here now anyway.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: GOP 2016 [Re: ItalianForever] #837804
04/15/15 01:16 PM
04/15/15 01:16 PM
BarrettM Offline
Underboss
BarrettM  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: ItalianForever

See, I just don't know where you get this from. The democratic party in America is centre-left compared to ANY comparable western government.

Only because the republican congress keeps them in check. And fuck other countries. If i wanted to live in Australia or Britain I would move there.

The only change in the democratic party is its now more bought-and-paid-for than ever. And lets be honest, they all are.

More bought and paid for than the republicans.

The democrats are anti gun, pro amnesty, and pro raising taxes buddy. You are sleeping if you think it is any other way. Just look at the gun laws of states that have been run by Dems for years. While your at it, looks at the tax and regulatory structure.

The only thing AND I MEAN THE ONLY THING that keeps democrats in check is the system of checks and balances.

Gun laws and high taxes aren't corporate special interests because they don't help businesses profit. However there are a good deal of democrat campaign contributions come from rich individuals who believe personally in gun control and regulation, and that does have a tendency to swing an election. But the bigger picture is it's pretty messed up that ANY group of special interests can fund a Congressman's career. Like I said Hilary is a great example, she regularly schmoozes with Wall Street to cover her ass when election day is coming, or probably just to buy her and Bill something nice. It's fucked up there isn't more ethical oversight, that you can donate between 1 and a billion dollars, and senators stay in for life.

Last edited by BarrettM; 04/15/15 01:21 PM.
Re: GOP 2016 [Re: Footreads] #837805
04/15/15 01:17 PM
04/15/15 01:17 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: Footreads

Good idea. If you wait a few more years you can send a write-in vote after he's laid to rest at Arlington National.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: GOP 2016 [Re: BarrettM] #837820
04/15/15 02:11 PM
04/15/15 02:11 PM
ItalianForever Offline
Capo
ItalianForever  Offline
Capo

Gun laws and high taxes aren't corporate special interests because they don't help businesses profit. However there are a good deal of democrat campaign contributions come from rich individuals who believe personally in gun control and regulation, and that does have a tendency to swing an election. But the bigger picture is it's pretty messed up that ANY group of special interests can fund a Congressman's career. Like I said Hilary is a great example, she regularly schmoozes with Wall Street to cover her ass when election day is coming, or probably just to buy her and Bill something nice. It's fucked up there isn't more ethical oversight, that you can donate between 1 and a billion dollars, and senators stay in for life.

You see, as a middle class taxpayer, I have my own special interests.

First, keep my taxes reasonable. I am not against paying taxes, but I don't like the idea of being milked by the government.

Second, don't tread on my gun rights. I don't live in a ritzy neighborhood with gates and armed security. I don't have that luxury. Home invasions happen in my neighborhood. I don't like the idea of some rich liberal asshole who woulden't know a poor neighborhood if it fell on his head trying to disarm law abiding citizens.

Third, and most importantly, secure the border and reduce legal immigration. As much as the rich libs like to pretend that their precious white collar jobs will never be affected by immigration, that coulden't be father from the truth. Ever heard of h1-b visas?

Now, as I take a look at the issues most important to me, it's not a difficult choice. It's anybody but Hillary for me.

Last edited by ItalianForever; 04/15/15 02:13 PM.
Re: GOP 2016 [Re: ItalianForever] #837912
04/16/15 09:39 AM
04/16/15 09:39 AM
BarrettM Offline
Underboss
BarrettM  Offline
Underboss

First, keep my taxes reasonable. I am not against paying taxes, but I don't like the idea of being milked by the government.

Second, don't tread on my gun rights. I don't live in a ritzy neighborhood with gates and armed security. I don't have that luxury. Home invasions happen in my neighborhood. I don't like the idea of some rich liberal asshole who woulden't know a poor neighborhood if it fell on his head trying to disarm law abiding citizens.

Third, and most importantly, secure the border and reduce legal immigration. As much as the rich libs like to pretend that their precious white collar jobs will never be affected by immigration, that coulden't be father from the truth. Ever heard of h1-b visas?

Now, as I take a look at the issues most important to me, it's not a difficult choice. It's anybody but Hillary for me.

Really good post man. I didn't mean to ignore the interests we all have...I guess my point was, PEOPLE's interests rarely get heard these days. With a 12% Congress approval rating I don't think anyone feels "heard" by their gov't nowadays. The days of town hall meetings where the pols actually listen is dead and gone. The only way to get Congress to listen to the rights you give a shit about is make an organized concerted effort. It shouldn't have to be that way!

What you said about gun rights really resonated with me...my neighborhood is not the ritz by any thing but the sketchiest thing I have to worry about is girl scouts trying to sell me shortbread. I think as long as it's a pain for known felons to get their hands on em with no loopholes we can all be happy.

Tax the shit that makes SENSE. Tax inheritance (again goes back to the idea of American ideals - our leaders should rise because of merit, not birth), tax high income wealth that's stagnant and not being put back in to the economy, tax multinational corps. That's more than enough to cover all our needs and even give back to the middle class if you're in to that. And dems and repubs both make sure the wealth in the end comes out of your and mine pocket. It doesn't make any sense to ask for 25% of a schoolteacher's pay check when they're criminally underpaid. That's what being liberal means ^ fuck the dems and Hilary "I'm so broke" Clinton can only pretend to understand.

Last edited by BarrettM; 04/16/15 09:39 AM.
Re: GOP 2016 [Re: thedudeabides87] #837914
04/16/15 09:50 AM
04/16/15 09:50 AM
B
bigboy Offline
Underboss
bigboy  Offline
B
Underboss
Pizzaboy, Best wishes for a speedy recovery for your father. That is always a tough situation to deal with.

Re: GOP 2016 [Re: pizzaboy] #837918
04/16/15 10:30 AM
04/16/15 10:30 AM
Anytown, USA
goombah Offline
goombah  Offline

Anytown, USA
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Originally Posted By: Footreads

Good idea. If you wait a few more years you can send a write-in vote after he's laid to rest at Arlington National.

lol

Like Michael Corleone said "When I'm dead I'll be really smart."

And please accept my best wishes for your father as well. I'll keep good thoughts by quietly muttering in his honor "Mandlebaum, Mandlebaum..." wink

Re: GOP 2016 [Re: thedudeabides87] #837920
04/16/15 10:37 AM
04/16/15 10:37 AM
far, northwest
Binnie_Coll Offline
Underboss
Binnie_Coll  Offline
Underboss
far, northwest
if I am correct. then Walmart, and many other global corporations send their money to overseas concerns so they won't be taxed.

im thinking of the cayman islands, where many large corps, have set up accounts to avoid taxes.

can anyone explain to me why this is not illegal? I haven't heard of any politician in Washington explain this situation.

" watch what you say around this guy, he's got a big mouth" sam giancana to an outfit soldier about frank Sinatra. [ from the book "my way"
Re: GOP 2016 [Re: thedudeabides87] #837921
04/16/15 10:40 AM
04/16/15 10:40 AM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss
Pizza hope everything is ok with your dad. Hey take comfort in knowing that you actually had a good one. I can't say that.
---
You know this is not a political site, but most people on here at least know something that is going on here and in the world.

But most18 yr olds actually know very little. So they can be led to me that is not good.

only the unloved hate
Re: GOP 2016 [Re: Binnie_Coll] #837922
04/16/15 10:42 AM
04/16/15 10:42 AM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Binnie_Coll
if I am correct. then Walmart, and many other global corporations send their money to overseas concerns so they won't be taxed.

im thinking of the cayman islands, where many large corps, have set up accounts to avoid taxes.

can anyone explain to me why this is not illegal? I haven't heard of any politician in Washington explain this situation.

Ask a tax attorney. Yet the same people who complain would buy from Walmart to say a few pennies.

only the unloved hate
Re: GOP 2016 [Re: BarrettM] #837927
04/16/15 10:52 AM
04/16/15 10:52 AM
ItalianForever Offline
Capo
ItalianForever  Offline
Capo

Really good post man. I didn't mean to ignore the interests we all have...I guess my point was, PEOPLE's interests rarely get heard these days. With a 12% Congress approval rating I don't think anyone feels "heard" by their gov't nowadays. The days of town hall meetings where the pols actually listen is dead and gone. The only way to get Congress to listen to the rights you give a shit about is make an organized concerted effort. It shouldn't have to be that way!

What you said about gun rights really resonated with me...my neighborhood is not the ritz by any thing but the sketchiest thing I have to worry about is girl scouts trying to sell me shortbread. I think as long as it's a pain for known felons to get their hands on em with no loopholes we can all be happy.

Tax the shit that makes SENSE. Tax inheritance (again goes back to the idea of American ideals - our leaders should rise because of merit, not birth), tax high income wealth that's stagnant and not being put back in to the economy, tax multinational corps. That's more than enough to cover all our needs and even give back to the middle class if you're in to that. And dems and repubs both make sure the wealth in the end comes out of your and mine pocket. It doesn't make any sense to ask for 25% of a schoolteacher's pay check when they're criminally underpaid. That's what being liberal means ^ fuck the dems and Hilary "I'm so broke" Clinton can only pretend to understand.

I agree about the corporations. Many big corporations get away with not paying taxes or paying very little. I am not a tax guy, but my understanding was that the US has a global tax system, so all big corporations should be paying taxes.

I don't like the idea of a big corporations skating taxes, the problem is that the whole anti corporate philosophy is all encompassing. Meaning, it effects small business.

When liberals say, raise the minimum wage to 15 bucks an hour, they are trying to say "fuck these big corporations, they can afford to be milked". The problem is that policy will have a big effect on small business, as small business employs well over half of workers in this country.

And say you write in an exemption on the minimum wage law for small businesses, tell me that wont have a severe adverse impact on small business. I'm sure the employees of small business will have no problem with being paid a lower minimum wage than the employees of large corporations. (:

So basically, as far as the anti corporate sentiment goes, our hands are pretty well tied.

And that in a nutshell, this is one of my problems with reactionary,emotional, liberal philosophy and legislation.

Instead of yelling "raise the minimum wage, fuck the big corporations", lets take a second to consider the consequences any legislation will have on the larger business landscape.

Last edited by ItalianForever; 04/16/15 10:56 AM.
Re: GOP 2016 [Re: Binnie_Coll] #837931
04/16/15 11:05 AM
04/16/15 11:05 AM
getthesenets Offline
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline
Underboss

Loopholes are written into tax codes, and businesses smartly exploit every existing one.

Dangerous question, Binnie.

There are polarizing figures in the media that keep us distracted and finger pointing and name calling while these types of questions don't get addressed.

Re: GOP 2016 [Re: getthesenets] #837933
04/16/15 11:10 AM
04/16/15 11:10 AM
ItalianForever Offline
Capo
ItalianForever  Offline
Capo
Originally Posted By: getthesenets

Loopholes are written into tax codes

Such as?

Last edited by ItalianForever; 04/16/15 11:10 AM.
Re: GOP 2016 [Re: ItalianForever] #837934
04/16/15 11:14 AM
04/16/15 11:14 AM
far, northwest
Binnie_Coll Offline
Underboss
Binnie_Coll  Offline
Underboss
far, northwest

I agree about the corporations. Many big corporations get away with not paying taxes or paying very little. I am not a tax guy, but my understanding was that the US has a global tax system, so all big corporations should be paying taxes.

I don't like the idea of a big corporations skating taxes, the problem is that the whole anti corporate philosophy is all encompassing. Meaning, it effects small business.

When liberals say, raise the minimum wage to 15 bucks an hour, they are trying to say "fuck these big corporations, they can afford to be milked". The problem is that policy will have a big effect on small business, as small business employs well over half of workers in this country.

And say you write in an exemption on the minimum wage law for small businesses, tell me that wont have a severe adverse impact on small business. I'm sure the employees of small business will have no problem with being paid a lower minimum wage than the employees of large corporations. (:

So basically, as far as the anti corporate sentiment goes, our hands are pretty well tied.

And that in a nutshell, this is one of my problems with reactionary,emotional, liberal philosophy and legislation.

Instead of yelling "raise the minimum wage, fuck the big corporations", lets take a second to consider the consequences any legislation will have on the larger business landscape.

I know exactly what you are talking about, if the minimum wage is raised to 15.00 an hour, every eating facility will raise their rates off the board.

the cost will be passed on to the consumer in every way. all the fast food franchises will almost double their prices overnight, and everyone else will follow. it would to my mind be a disaster.

" watch what you say around this guy, he's got a big mouth" sam giancana to an outfit soldier about frank Sinatra. [ from the book "my way"
Re: GOP 2016 [Re: ItalianForever] #837936
04/16/15 11:24 AM
04/16/15 11:24 AM
getthesenets Offline
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline
Underboss

Such as?

in the case of what Binnie was talking about, the loopholes in Subpart F of the IRS tax code

http://www.irs.gov/irm/part4/irm_04-061-007.html

Re: GOP 2016 [Re: thedudeabides87] #837944
04/16/15 12:14 PM
04/16/15 12:14 PM
OC, CA
Faithful1 Offline
Underboss
Faithful1  Offline
Underboss
OC, CA
There used to be a lot of loopholes in the tax code, but Obama largely got rid of them unless they participate in one of his green energy projects.

I don't know if anyone here actually runs a business, but for many businesses the profit margin is slim. Often the first year of any new business operates at a loss, and owners often forgo paying themselves a salary so their employees actually earn more than they do. If a business is successful and it expands, it may open itself up to investors and has to have a board. The investors have to get a return on their investment so the company will continue to stay alive and so the investors don't pull out. In the meantime the company still has to be profitable or else it will go under. Fees, regulations and taxes are all costs that take away profit. When government increases the cost, then it has to make cuts somewhere, and one way to do this is by farming out its customer service and other departments overseas. While doing this may cost some American jobs, it saves other jobs that would happen if the company failed.

There are news channels that do discuss this, such as CNBC and Fox Business. CNN also has business segments that discuss this.

And there are Left-wing Democrats who want to ban corporations from outsourcing, but what they don't tell you is that the federal government outsources too. The Pentagon, for instance, does it. What the left-wing Democrats don't realize is that an outright ban would probably put a lot of those corporations out of business, or they would move overseas and we would get no tax revenue from them at all. It makes much more sense to operate through incentives rather than punishment.

Re: GOP 2016 [Re: Faithful1] #837946
04/16/15 12:25 PM
04/16/15 12:25 PM
ItalianForever Offline
Capo
ItalianForever  Offline
Capo

Such as?

in the case of what Binnie was talking about, the loopholes in Subpart F of the IRS tax code

http://www.irs.gov/irm/part4/irm_04-061-007.html

Are you a cpa or a lawyer?

Originally Posted By: Faithful1
It makes much more sense to operate through incentives rather than punishment.

Yup. gotta consider the long term impact of decisions.

I woulden't mind an outright ban on outsourcing. I am sick of talking to someone from India everytime I have a problem with At&t.

Re: GOP 2016 [Re: BarrettM] #837950
04/16/15 01:13 PM
04/16/15 01:13 PM
Past caring, then hang a left
H
helenwheels Offline
Underboss
helenwheels  Offline
H
Underboss
Past caring, then hang a left

See, I just don't know where you get this from. The democratic party in America is centre-left compared to ANY comparable western government. There are very few democrats in America that propose raising taxes and social spending to the point of left-wing parties in Australia or Europe. Liberalism in Scandinavia would be called socialist or even communist by most American standards. But in the EU its standard fare. The GOP on the other hand is further right than any its contemporaries in the rest of the world. For example, in Britain UKIP is considered far right extremist because they want to slow down and halt immigration...whereas in the GOP thats very run of the mill even for moderates.

If the international stuff is putting you to sleep, let me put it this way: a few years ago Romney proposed a plan similar to Obamacare, 10 years ago Bush supported immigration reform, 30 years ago Reagan supported the Brady Bill, and all the way back in the 60's Nixon formed the EPA. Very few Republicans will take similar stances in this day and age.

I'd say both US parties have consistently shifted to the right and the democrats are definitely centre right and are probably further to the right than most European conservative parties and the Australian liberals (conservatives), at least on many issues. The Dems used to be more or less equal to Canadian conservatives although since they merged with the canadian alliance to become the new tories they've gone batshit crazy and are now something like a Canadian Likud cum rogue petro-state.

Also, even the most right wing party in Europe, Australia or canada supports stronger healthcare than anything Obamacare managed to achieve and which by US standards was revolutionary and got him more accusations of "socialism". even the most right wing party in Europe and Australia and Canada supports paid maternity leave of at least 3 months, something the US still doesn't have and is the only industrialized country in the world that doesn't have it. Even Stephen Harper didn't dare touch universal healthcare, paid maternity leave or gay marriage. And no US democrat supports having a social welfare system that would be anything near what Europe, Australia or Canada have, even when these countries have right wing parties in power. and the level of encroachment religion has over US politics would be regarded as backwards and unacceptable by even the most right wing party in europe, except maybe in italy and spain where they have a lot of catholic fascists.

All God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

I never met anyone who didn't have a very smart child. What happens to these children, you wonder, when they reach adulthood?

Re: GOP 2016 [Re: helenwheels] #837968
04/16/15 03:38 PM
04/16/15 03:38 PM
getthesenets Offline
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline
Underboss
@IF

I'm neither a CPA nor an attorney.

@F1

I watch c-span and try to read direct sources as much as possible. Nature of the news media ,even business programs and channels,is to place some sort of spin on the coverage of existing laws or possible changes to them.
I don't necessarily disagree with your post and certainly businesses anchor society ,etc, but hasn't the argument you're presenting been used by so called "pro business" proponents for decades now.That Tax breaks, tax loopholes, subsidies, tariffs on foreign made products, bailouts are "really" benefiting the American public in the "long term".

Re: GOP 2016 [Re: getthesenets] #837977
04/16/15 04:33 PM
04/16/15 04:33 PM
ItalianForever Offline
Capo
ItalianForever  Offline
Capo
@IF

I'm neither a CPA nor an attorney.

@F1

I watch c-span and try to read direct sources as much as possible. Nature of the news media ,even business programs and channels,is to place some sort of spin on the coverage of existing laws or possible changes to them.
I don't necessarily disagree with your post and certainly businesses anchor society ,etc, but hasn't the argument you're presenting been used by so called "pro business" proponents for decades now.That Tax breaks, tax loopholes, subsidies, tariffs on foreign made products, bailouts are "really" benefiting the American public in the "long term".

There's also provisions of the Internal Revenue Code meant to counteract the so called loopholes. For instance, there is section 41 of the Internal Revenue Code: "The Credit For Increasing Research Activities." This is a credit meant to incentivise domestic research and development activities. It acts as a tax credit for corporations hiring employees domestically who are performing R&D activity. It basically allows companies to use as a credit the salaries paid to domestic employees performing research and development activities. And the credit can't be claimed if the company is outsourcing. Meaning, they have to hire domestically.

Just showing the flip side. Its rarely as a black and white as many like to think.

Last edited by ItalianForever; 04/16/15 04:35 PM.
Re: GOP 2016 [Re: ItalianForever] #837982
04/16/15 05:04 PM
04/16/15 05:04 PM
getthesenets Offline
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline
Underboss
There's also provisions of the Internal Revenue Code meant to counteract the so called loopholes. For instance, there is section 41 of the Internal Revenue Code: "The Credit For Increasing Research Activities." This is a credit meant to incentivise domestic research and development activities. It acts as a tax credit for corporations hiring employees domestically who are performing R&D activity. It basically allows companies to use as a credit the salaries paid to domestic employees performing research and development activities. And the credit can't be claimed if the company is outsourcing. Meaning, they have to hire domestically.

Just showing the flip side. Its rarely as a black and white as many like to think.

Fair and valid point.I'm just saying that powerful interests use their lobbying and influence to get benefits,provisions,loopholes that benefit them. All perfectly legal. I just don't always buy the propaganda that it all benefits the American worker in the long run.

I think slowly but surely American workers are starting to question some of these actions.I mean in some sectors American workers are being outsourced by "foreign workers" who are actually brought HERE to do the work...and all sorts of chicanery . It's about the bottom line, always has been, always will be.."Trickle down economics" or whatever term big business is calling it these days is pretty much a smokescreen.

Re: GOP 2016 [Re: getthesenets] #837985
04/16/15 05:16 PM
04/16/15 05:16 PM
ItalianForever Offline
Capo
ItalianForever  Offline
Capo

I think slowly but surely American workers are starting to question some of these actions.I mean in some sectors American workers are being outsourced by "foreign workers" who are actually brought HERE to do the work...

I think your talking about H1B visas. That's an immigraiton issue, not a tax issue. Alot of skilled workers from India who are trained engineers get paid about 30k a year to work at company's like qualcomm in the United States.

As far as that goes, H1B expansion is strongly supported by the Democratic party. And that's not even touching on executive amnesty. Obama is no friend to the american worker sir.

Re: GOP 2016 [Re: thedudeabides87] #837989
04/16/15 05:43 PM
04/16/15 05:43 PM
far, northwest
Binnie_Coll Offline
Underboss
Binnie_Coll  Offline
Underboss
far, northwest
no, Obama is not a friend of the American worker. he is portrayed as such by the mainstream media, but, he is pro wall street all the way.

and some of his biggest fund raisers were held by his wall street criminal friends. he is a farce.

Re: GOP 2016 [Re: Binnie_Coll] #837990
04/16/15 05:45 PM
04/16/15 05:45 PM
Upstate, NY
thedudeabides87 Offline OP
Underboss
thedudeabides87  Offline OP
Underboss
Upstate, NY
no, Obama is not a friend of the American worker. he is portrayed as such by the mainstream media, but, he is pro wall street all the way.

and some of his biggest fund raisers were held by his wall street criminal friends. he is a farce.

They all are

The Dude: And, you know, he's got emotional problems, man.
Walter Sobchak: You mean... beyond pacifism?

Walter Sobchak: This guy f*cking walks. I've never been so sure of anything in my entire life
Re: GOP 2016 [Re: ItalianForever] #837991
04/16/15 05:46 PM
04/16/15 05:46 PM
getthesenets Offline
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline
Underboss

I think your talking about H1B visas. That's an immigraiton issue, not a tax issue. Alot of skilled workers from India who are trained engineers get paid about 30k a year to work at company's like qualcomm in the United States.

As far as that goes, H1B expansion is strongly supported by the Democratic party. And that's not even touching on executive amnesty. Obama is no friend to the american worker sir.

Way to whittle down my entire post to the point about H1 workers.

Re: GOP 2016 [Re: thedudeabides87] #837993
04/16/15 05:50 PM
04/16/15 05:50 PM
getthesenets Offline
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: thedudeabides87
They all are

bingo

Millions of dollars are spent to convince us otherwise, though.

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull