GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 138 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,452
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,860
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,510
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,318
Posts1,058,480
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Interesting 1992 Gambino Family Article. [Re: bronx] #837219
04/12/15 12:22 AM
04/12/15 12:22 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: bronx
joe dente was built like a square box as pizza says.

Remember those bowling shirts he wore from B&G next to Gino's Pastry? Like XXXXL. They had to special order them for him. That's all he could wear lol lol.

I'm laughing because very few guys in his position would be able laugh off remarks about his weight. But he could take a joke. If you knew him, anyway. Great fucking guy.

Originally Posted By: bronx
ton of money.

My old man used to say, you can't count Joe's money, you have to weigh it. Yet Rudy died almost broke. You never know in that world.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Interesting 1992 Gambino Family Article. [Re: SonnyBlackstein] #837222
04/12/15 02:21 AM
04/12/15 02:21 AM
T
TommyGambino Offline
Underboss
TommyGambino  Offline
T
Underboss
Originally Posted By: SonnyBlackstein
Originally Posted By: TommyGambino
PB, don't even entertain Moe, 90% of the time he trolls, 10% serious.

Think you're wrong about Moe.

Trolling is stirring shit for shit's sake. Moe makes innocent jokes, some better than others agreed but at no posters expense, that I've seen.

Now granted his sense of humour may not be to your taste but to label him a troll is unwarranted, imo.

He's got multiple accounts that he trolls with.

Re: Interesting 1992 Gambino Family Article. [Re: NickyScarfo] #837223
04/12/15 04:28 AM
04/12/15 04:28 AM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

You would want to have proof if you are going to make accusations like that, Tommy.

I'm going to discuss that with the moderators.

I invoke my right under the 5th amendment of the United States constitution and decline to answer the question.
Re: Interesting 1992 Gambino Family Article. [Re: NickyScarfo] #837224
04/12/15 04:35 AM
04/12/15 04:35 AM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

@ pizzaboy

I am sorry for not replying to your private message. I am sure I had a lot going on at the time and I simply forgot about it. At the same time, I don't have an obligation to respond to every private message. If that is my biggest offense while being on these boards, then I think I am doing well.

By the way, I was going to pm you to explain but you explicitly said you were only accepting pm's from established posters you know and trust - so I was simply being polite and respecting your wishes.

The post you referred to had nothing to do with you. It had to do with "Lieber", "Facchia" and the "Daniel Leo thread". I wasn't singling anyone or anything out.

@ Sonny Blackstein

Thank you for the kind words.

I invoke my right under the 5th amendment of the United States constitution and decline to answer the question.
Re: Interesting 1992 Gambino Family Article. [Re: NickyScarfo] #837229
04/12/15 05:30 AM
04/12/15 05:30 AM
B
Belmont Offline
Underboss
Belmont  Offline
B
Underboss
Get this straight !!!! Picasso ain'nt Lenihan . I know for a fact and i also know who picasso is. I really do but would never divulge identity. You can take that with whichever grain of salt you choose.
Picasso( internet name) is much older than Lenehan. Picasso also never cooperated. Lenehan ended up as a Bonanno associate whereas Picasso was always with one crew.
Lenehan was around some serious guys and was more than just a very low level associate. I knew who he was, he used to have longish blond hair that was parted in the middle . What he says is true, he was tight with Nicky Palmieri who was a very powerful Genovese associate who never wanted to become made. His brother was already a gambino soldier who basically had the power of a capo. The brothers were split up back in the late fifties after attempting to kill a made gambino guy at a pool hall on bloomfield ave in newark. There was a sit down and both the brothers and another brother were supposed to be killed. Back then the wise guys had a lot of power and if they wanted to find you, they eventually would and you would be dead. These guys lambed it for over a year until it was smoothed over and the brothers were split up into different crews. I can go into more detail but for the sake of brevity i wont.
Again, Lenehan is NOT picasso. Those who think that ain'nt from the streets and dont know shit about bloomfield avenue. These internet deductions are fuckin ludicrous.

Last edited by Belmont; 04/12/15 05:39 AM.
Re: Interesting 1992 Gambino Family Article. [Re: njcapo35] #837230
04/12/15 05:38 AM
04/12/15 05:38 AM
B
Belmont Offline
Underboss
Belmont  Offline
B
Underboss
Originally Posted By: njcapo35
I remember Joe Pesci used to have a house in the Seaside Heights NJ area...I would see him alot when i was down there for the summer as a youngster... He patronizes a restaurant in Livingston... Heard he has "Rabbit Ears" when it comes to tipping.

He still has that house and its not seaside heights, nor does he go to seaside.

Re: Interesting 1992 Gambino Family Article. [Re: mightyhealthy] #837234
04/12/15 06:35 AM
04/12/15 06:35 AM
S
SinatraClub Offline
Underboss
SinatraClub  Offline
S
Underboss
Originally Posted By: mightyhealthy
Is that the same Scott that runs gangsterreport and posts here?

Huh? Nah. That's Scott Burnstein..The guy who did the Lenehan shit is Scott Deitche.

Last edited by SinatraClub; 04/12/15 06:36 AM.
Re: Interesting 1992 Gambino Family Article. [Re: NickyScarfo] #837235
04/12/15 06:37 AM
04/12/15 06:37 AM
The Jersey Shore
D
DanteMoltisanti Offline
Underboss
DanteMoltisanti  Offline
D
Underboss
The Jersey Shore
Pesci's shore house is on West Point Island in Lavalette. In the summer you will see him around sometimes in the Ocean County Mall and you will see him at Hemmingway's in Seaside sometimes.

Re: Interesting 1992 Gambino Family Article. [Re: Belmont] #837236
04/12/15 06:38 AM
04/12/15 06:38 AM
S
SinatraClub Offline
Underboss
SinatraClub  Offline
S
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Belmont
Get this straight !!!! Picasso ain'nt Lenihan . I know for a fact and i also know who picasso is. I really do but would never divulge identity. You can take that with whichever grain of salt you choose.
Picasso( internet name) is much older than Lenehan. Picasso also never cooperated. Lenehan ended up as a Bonanno associate whereas Picasso was always with one crew.
Lenehan was around some serious guys and was more than just a very low level associate. I knew who he was, he used to have longish blond hair that was parted in the middle . What he says is true, he was tight with Nicky Palmieri who was a very powerful Genovese associate who never wanted to become made. His brother was already a gambino soldier who basically had the power of a capo. The brothers were split up back in the late fifties after attempting to kill a made gambino guy at a pool hall on bloomfield ave in newark. There was a sit down and both the brothers and another brother were supposed to be killed. Back then the wise guys had a lot of power and if they wanted to find you, they eventually would and you would be dead. These guys lambed it for over a year until it was smoothed over and the brothers were split up into different crews. I can go into more detail but for the sake of brevity i wont.
Again, Lenehan is NOT picasso. Those who think that ain'nt from the streets and dont know shit about bloomfield avenue. These internet deductions are fuckin ludicrous.

Hey man, you seen what was said on the last page. In depth shit was done to figure out who he was and where he was posting from. The proof says he's Steve Lenehan on this case, you says the proof is wrong...And what brother is this who was a made gambino soldier? Lenehan is in no way Italian, both his mother and father have irish sounding last names. Unless he has a half brother or they adopted some Italian kid, how can he have a brother who's a Gambino soldier, with the power of a capo?

Last edited by SinatraClub; 04/12/15 06:41 AM.
Re: Interesting 1992 Gambino Family Article. [Re: NickyScarfo] #837238
04/12/15 06:54 AM
04/12/15 06:54 AM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

"Spath" is not an Irish surname.

Re: Interesting 1992 Gambino Family Article. [Re: SinatraClub] #837239
04/12/15 07:01 AM
04/12/15 07:01 AM
B
Benny3Balls Offline
Made Member
Benny3Balls  Offline
B
Made Member
Originally Posted By: SinatraClub

Hey man, you seen what was said on the last page. In depth shit was done to figure out who he was and where he was posting from. The proof says he's Steve Lenehan on this case, you says the proof is wrong...And what brother is this who was a made gambino soldier? Lenehan is in no way Italian, both his mother and father have irish sounding last names. Unless he has a half brother or they adopted some Italian kid, how can he have a brother who's a Gambino soldier, with the power of a capo?

I think what Belmont meant was that Jimmy Higgins was with the Gambino's and his brother Nicky was associated with the Genovese. He didn't mean Lenehan's brother (if he even had one). Higgins is in that one picture walking and talking with Tino Fiumara. He's id'd as Adonis but it's Higgins.

Re: Interesting 1992 Gambino Family Article. [Re: Moe_Tilden] #837244
04/12/15 08:38 AM
04/12/15 08:38 AM
S
SinatraClub Offline
Underboss
SinatraClub  Offline
S
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Moe_Tilden
"Spath" is not an Irish surname.

It's German. Whatever the case, the point is it isn't Italian.

Re: Interesting 1992 Gambino Family Article. [Re: SinatraClub] #837251
04/12/15 09:17 AM
04/12/15 09:17 AM
B
Belmont Offline
Underboss
Belmont  Offline
B
Underboss
Originally Posted By: SinatraClub

Lenehan is NOT picasso, i dont care what kind of in depth investigation took place. True, Lenehan lived in Florida but he is not picasso. I never said lenehan had a brother. I said Lenehans mentor ( nicky palmieri ) had a brother was was a made guy.
Picasso did a few bids but not for the same shit Lenehan did. Lenehan was into drugs and some strong arm shit. Picasso was not into either.
Also, if you look at how picasso wrote, its 100% different than Lenehans. Picasso posted a story years back and it was rather trivial except no one really knew the story except a few. I happened to know the damn story. I sent him a pm and i promised to take it to the grave which i will. He then deleted the post.

Last edited by Belmont; 04/12/15 09:18 AM.
Re: Interesting 1992 Gambino Family Article. [Re: NickyScarfo] #837252
04/12/15 09:20 AM
04/12/15 09:20 AM
B
Belmont Offline
Underboss
Belmont  Offline
B
Underboss
Benny3balls
Bingo, that is correct..

Re: Interesting 1992 Gambino Family Article. [Re: NickyScarfo] #837253
04/12/15 09:21 AM
04/12/15 09:21 AM
B
Belmont Offline
Underboss
Belmont  Offline
B
Underboss
Lenehan is NOT picasso, i dont care what kind of in depth investigation took place. True, Lenehan lived in Florida but he is not picasso. I never said lenehan had a brother. I said Lenehans mentor ( nicky palmieri ) had a brother who was a made guy.
Picasso did a few bids but not for the same shit Lenehan did. Lenehan was into drugs and some strong arm shit. Picasso was not into either.
Also, if you look at how picasso wrote, its 100% different than Lenehans. Picasso posted a story years back and it was rather trivial except no one really knew the story except a few. I happened to know the damn story. I sent him a pm and i promised to take it to the grave which i will. He then deleted the post.
Saying to me that Lenehan is picasso is like telling pizzaboy that barney belomo is actually john alite in disguise.

Last edited by Belmont; 04/12/15 09:23 AM.
Re: Interesting 1992 Gambino Family Article. [Re: Moe_Tilden] #837254
04/12/15 09:36 AM
04/12/15 09:36 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: Moe_Tilden
@ pizzaboy

I was going to pm you to explain but you explicitly said you were only accepting pm's from established posters you know and trust - so I was simply being polite and respecting your wishes.

Well, it's open now. Temporarily. Because I like to think that I'm a fair man.

It's also open for Belmont. He's the other reason I opened back up. If a new member messages me I'll delete it without opening it, so they shouldn't even bother. I'm sorry it has to be that way, but everyone knows why.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Interesting 1992 Gambino Family Article. [Re: NickyScarfo] #837364
04/13/15 05:27 AM
04/13/15 05:27 AM
M
moneyman Offline
Made Member
moneyman  Offline
M
Made Member
funny there is no mention of peter gotti as a candidate for boss

Re: Interesting 1992 Gambino Family Article. [Re: moneyman] #837365
04/13/15 05:28 AM
04/13/15 05:28 AM
yigido Offline
Capo
yigido  Offline
Capo
Originally Posted By: moneyman
funny there is no mention of peter gotti as a candidate for boss
If im not wrong he was seen as stupid by most of the Gambino's. Gene was seen as the smarter one I think but he was already in jail then.

Re: Interesting 1992 Gambino Family Article. [Re: NickyScarfo] #837390
04/13/15 10:15 AM
04/13/15 10:15 AM
>>>OVA THERE
njcapo35 Offline
BANNED
njcapo35  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
>>>OVA THERE
the Seaside Heights NJ area

He still has that house and its not seaside heights, nor does he go to seaside.

I know, I said the Seaside area..Growing up i would spend the summer's there, 2 doors down from him near the Barnaget Bay.

You'd be surprised how many mobsters from different families that have/had business's and homes down there, especially in the 80's.

"Jersey...It's where my story begins."
Re: Interesting 1992 Gambino Family Article. [Re: NickyScarfo] #837476
04/13/15 06:16 PM
04/13/15 06:16 PM
B
Belmont Offline
Underboss
Belmont  Offline
B
Underboss
I know the seaside/ ortley/ lavallette area extremely well. Ive been spending my summers there since i was born.
I also know some NY bonanno guys had houses in seaside back in the 70's , early 80's. Not to mention many others currently

Last edited by Belmont; 04/13/15 06:17 PM.
Re: Interesting 1992 Gambino Family Article. [Re: Belmont] #837480
04/13/15 06:27 PM
04/13/15 06:27 PM
>>>OVA THERE
njcapo35 Offline
BANNED
njcapo35  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
>>>OVA THERE
I know the seaside/ ortley/ lavallette area extremely well. Ive been spending my summers there since i was born.
I also know some NY bonanno guys had houses in seaside back in the 70's , early 80's. Not to mention many others currently

Same here, Belmont...I'm sure we crossed paths before, somewhere along the line.

"Jersey...It's where my story begins."
Re: Interesting 1992 Gambino Family Article. [Re: njcapo35] #837524
04/14/15 04:25 AM
04/14/15 04:25 AM
B
Belmont Offline
Underboss
Belmont  Offline
B
Underboss

Same here, Belmont...I'm sure we crossed paths before, somewhere along the line.

Probably buddy. Perhaps we met at Temps or the Surf Club.

Re: Interesting 1992 Gambino Family Article. [Re: NickyScarfo] #837613
04/14/15 02:15 PM
04/14/15 02:15 PM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

Jurnior does even mention that guy from jersey. John Dr probaly knew better then to put a jersey guy even on the ruling panel of a prodamintly NYC back then. It was Jr and old guys then kept realigning.

Re: Interesting 1992 Gambino Family Article. [Re: NickyScarfo] #837732
04/15/15 04:55 AM
04/15/15 04:55 AM
B
Belmont Offline
Underboss
Belmont  Offline
B
Underboss
No way could bobby cabert ever of been a boss, it just wouldnt of happened.
He was a capo but surely not boss material.
Remember in good fella's when pesci told the story about telling the cop "i thought i told you to go fuck your mother". Thats straight out of caberts mouth. He was like that. Its funny but you can't be a boss and do that kind of shit. He was a ballsy mother fucker though ,and everyone around here knew it.
The old Bloomfield avenue guys and some of the old silver lake guys were as tough as they come.
As an aside for some comic relief. Years back one of those guys passed away and in his obituary rather than mention he worked at xyz for years, or owned such and such business, and because the guy never a worked a day in his life, it just said " he will always be remembered as a sharp dresser".

Last edited by Belmont; 04/15/15 05:02 AM.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull