GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (2 invisible), 260 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,493
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,925
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,337
Posts1,058,843
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
GOP 2016 #836546
04/07/15 05:22 PM
04/07/15 05:22 PM
Upstate, NY
thedudeabides87 Offline OP
Underboss
thedudeabides87  Offline OP
Underboss
Upstate, NY
Rand Paul announced he will be running for president, his speech was good and I liked his father but he is a politician and have to take what he says with a grain did salt.

Who should GOP candidate be?

Last edited by thedudeabides87; 04/08/15 11:18 AM.

The Dude: And, you know, he's got emotional problems, man.
Walter Sobchak: You mean... beyond pacifism?

Walter Sobchak: This guy f*cking walks. I've never been so sure of anything in my entire life
Re: GOP 2016 [Re: thedudeabides87] #836552
04/07/15 05:56 PM
04/07/15 05:56 PM
Where ever needed.
DuesPaid Offline
Banned
DuesPaid  Offline
Banned

Where ever needed.
Originally Posted By: thedudeabides87
Rand Paul announced he will be running for president, his speach was good and I liked his father but he is a politician and have to take what he says with a grain did salt.

Who should GOP candidate be?

Rubio

Be Loyal, Be Loving, Be Quiet.
Re: GOP 2016 [Re: thedudeabides87] #836554
04/07/15 06:02 PM
04/07/15 06:02 PM
South of the Pinelands
MaryCas Offline
MaryCas  Offline

South of the Pinelands
Not Christie.

Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, whoever humbles himself will be exalted - Matthew 23:12
Re: GOP 2016 [Re: thedudeabides87] #836564
04/07/15 06:41 PM
04/07/15 06:41 PM
far, northwest
Binnie_Coll Offline
Underboss
Binnie_Coll  Offline
Underboss
far, northwest
not another bush, god help us, NOT ANOTHER BUSh!!!

" watch what you say around this guy, he's got a big mouth" sam giancana to an outfit soldier about frank Sinatra. [ from the book "my way"
Re: GOP 2016 [Re: thedudeabides87] #836584
04/07/15 10:35 PM
04/07/15 10:35 PM
Alfa Romeo Offline
Underboss
Alfa Romeo  Offline
Underboss
There's not gonna be a GOP president because the population figures of the USA are artificially inflated and they simply don't have the numbers they need in the Republican party to take back the white house.

The only way they (Rs) can go national again, is to appeal to enough voters in the middle and the left, because many of the right wing states are actually empty of not only voters, but of people. That is just my opinion.

Since they have become so extreme lately, they can basically forget it. They've relegated themselves to gerrymandered Congressional districts and that's it.

My opinion is that this country needs a centrist Democrat that will be a tough enforcer of settled immigration law.

The problem, is that the Democrats actually are not the party of the working man. They are the party of the poor. The Republicans are the party of the well to do and rich ie the overtaxed. The middle class actually has no political party in this country (USA).

Because the national contest is between Democrat and Democrat, really the white house might be up for grabs to any Democrat that can tap into the overriding concern most people have at this moment, and that is illegal immigration.

"For us, rubbin'out a Mustache was just like makin' way for a new building, like we was in the construction business."
Re: GOP 2016 [Re: Binnie_Coll] #836586
04/07/15 11:00 PM
04/07/15 11:00 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: Binnie_Coll

Or Clinton. It's enough already with these so-called political dynasties and their sense of entitlement.

A qualified female President wouldn't bother me in the slightest, as long as she's an open-minded centrist. But not the Clinton pig.

She's too old, too entitled, and people are tired of looking at her tired old puss anyway (New York Magazine did a nice article about it this week, and that's a fairly liberal publication).

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: GOP 2016 [Re: pizzaboy] #836587
04/07/15 11:05 PM
04/07/15 11:05 PM
Alfa Romeo Offline
Underboss
Alfa Romeo  Offline
Underboss
Agreed.

Pizza, I just can't put my finger on it. I do not like Hillary. I just don't. I can't shake the feeling that she wants to be president to get back at Bill Clinton. Can't shake it. I think she's a man hater too.

"For us, rubbin'out a Mustache was just like makin' way for a new building, like we was in the construction business."
Re: GOP 2016 [Re: thedudeabides87] #836588
04/07/15 11:15 PM
04/07/15 11:15 PM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss
[quote=thedudeabides87]Rand Paul announced he will be running for president, his speach was good and I liked his father but he is a politician and have to take what he says with a grain did salt.

he won't get the nomination. But there will be some including the Democrates who will try to get him run as an independent because he will get more Republican votes away from the Republican nominee in the general election.

So they can get Hillary to win.

Bush has the money and he would be a good President. But they demonized his name so much I doubt if he ran. Rubio could be the Vice President for a lot of reasons. Him being a Latino would not hurt and being a senator in Florida would help the republicans.

Get this John McCain might run again. I might vote for him if he runs again.

only the unloved hate
Re: GOP 2016 [Re: Binnie_Coll] #836589
04/07/15 11:16 PM
04/07/15 11:16 PM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Binnie_Coll

I really think all you know about him is his last name my brother.

only the unloved hate
Re: GOP 2016 [Re: Alfa Romeo] #836590
04/07/15 11:17 PM
04/07/15 11:17 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: Alfa Romeo
Agreed.

Pizza, I just can't put my finger on it. I do not like Hillary. I just don't. I can't shake the feeling that she wants to be president to get back at Bill Clinton. Can't shake it. I think she's a man hater too.

I really hate Internet jargon. But +1000 clap.

This is a woman who traded a loveless marriage of convenience for a Senate seat. And I'm sorry, but that speaks volumes about her character (even for a politician).

And they had the balls to call Obama a community organizer. What the Hell did she ever do prior to exploiting the whole "stand by her man" thing?

I loathe Giuliani for exploiting 9/11 the way he did, but that Senate election was a year before the Towers were hit, and Rudy was pretty damned popular at the time. And if it wasn't for the fact that he dropped out of the race because of his prostate cancer, I seriously doubt she would have won. Rick Lazio was overmatched simply by virtue of her last name. He didn't stand a chance.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: GOP 2016 [Re: Alfa Romeo] #836591
04/07/15 11:20 PM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss
There's not gonna be a GOP president because the population figures of the USA are artificially inflated and they simply don't have the numbers they need in the Republican party to take back the white house.

The only way they (Rs) can go national again, is to appeal to enough voters in the middle and the left, because many of the right wing states are actually empty of not only voters, but of people. That is just my opinion.

Since they have become so extreme lately, they can basically forget it. They've relegated themselves to gerrymandered Congressional districts and that's it.

My opinion is that this country needs a centrist Democrat that will be a tough enforcer of settled immigration law.

The problem, is that the Democrats actually are not the party of the working man. They are the party of the poor. The Republicans are the party of the well to do and rich ie the overtaxed. The middle class actually has no political party in this country (USA).

Because the national contest is between Democrat and Democrat, really the white house might be up for grabs to any Democrat that can tap into the overriding concern most people have at this moment, and that is illegal immigration.

Alfa the only real extremist are in the Democratic Party.

How many people in the Democratic Party want to follow the constitution? Compair that to people in the Republican Party.

only the unloved hate
Re: GOP 2016 [Re: thedudeabides87] #836592
Alfa Romeo Offline
Underboss
Alfa Romeo  Offline
Underboss
What is Hillary Clinton's position, on anything? How is she different from presidents past? How can you announce you are running for president and no one knows where you stand on anything? She has no accomplishments that I know of. I live in NYC. When she became our Senator, I thought that was pretty silly. There were other people who worked their whole life to reach a point where they could run for the Senate, and in waltz's Hillary to become the new Senator. Then she left that job before the term was up to pursue self aggrandizement. She eventually landed a job as Sec. of State, but then she did the same. She left that job prematurely to pursue self aggrandizement. So the only thing she has shown us, consistently, is that she will not finish the job. Her as president? I don't think so.

Re: GOP 2016 [Re: pizzaboy] #836593
04/07/15 11:31 PM
04/07/15 11:31 PM
Alfa Romeo Offline
Underboss
Alfa Romeo  Offline
Underboss
I think you're right about Giuliani, Pizza. That was probably his race to lose. Right or wrong, his popularity gave him great political capital, once upon a time.

Obama was wet behind the ears also, but before being Senator, he was more than just First Lady. The guy has some impressive credentials under his belt from an academic standpoint, but not from a military standpoint, or even a private sector standpoint. But the credentials were there. Hillary has nothing but maybe a law degree from an Ivy league school, and probably not even much work history to boast of. She's not even a well credentialed person who is wet behind the ears and short on experience. She is a blank sheet of paper where a resume should have been. And sorry, but as a resident of New York State, I don't really count her jobs as Senator and Secretary of State as work experience because one, she never finished either job, and two, those jobs were handed to her. No way.

Re: GOP 2016 [Re: thedudeabides87] #836594
04/07/15 11:37 PM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss
if a republican does win. i hope the flat tax will be pushed through then lay off most of the IRS people.

Redo Obama care give a ten thousand tax credit for American to buy their own health carry from anywhere in the country except empire blue cross & Blue shield because they are fucked up smile with no deductible and they will have to accept everyone.

Raise the retirement age to 68 who wants to retire before that.

New budget the same as it was before Obama came to power and get rid of overlapping things already covered in the budget.

Unemployment lasts for 8 month. Trade school they can attend.

Put in job training for people who don't want to go to college and learn a trade.

Build that wall between Mexico and here and put illegals in jails and in work programs while in jail. Then give them a pathway to citizen ship.

only the unloved hate
Re: GOP 2016 [Re: Footreads] #836595
Alfa Romeo Offline
Underboss
Alfa Romeo  Offline
Underboss
Foot I read your post, I just don't have much of a response because it's an extreme comment you made wink JK.

No but really, I think the Ds are too far left on immigration. The new health care law is pretty outrageous from the standpoint of someone who now has to pay for it, but like I said...the Democrats are the party of the poor, not really primarily the middle class. Additionally, most people would not repeal the new health care law, even though most people probably think it could be something better.

Re: GOP 2016 [Re: pizzaboy] #836603
04/08/15 02:55 AM
04/08/15 02:55 AM
PA/FL
oldschool3 Offline
Capo
oldschool3  Offline
Capo
PA/FL
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Agreed.

I really hate Internet jargon. But +1000 clap.

This is a woman who traded a loveless marriage of convenience for a Senate seat. And I'm sorry, but that speaks volumes about her character (even for a politician).

And they had the balls to call Obama a community organizer. What the Hell did she ever do prior to exploiting the whole "stand by her man" thing?

I loathe Giuliani for exploiting 9/11 the way he did, but that Senate election was a year before the Towers were hit, and Rudy was pretty damned popular at the time. And if it wasn't for the fact that he dropped out of the race because of his prostate cancer, I seriously doubt she would have won. Rick Lazio was overmatched simply by virtue of her last name. He didn't stand a chance.

Totally agreed PB, but one additional item you may have left out...she's a carpet bagger who set up shop in NY to take advantage of an open Senate seat. Furthermore, this latest email scandle goes right to the heart of who the Clintons are (or think they are)....always above the law, and arrogant in the face of breaking it, with the aid of a complicit media all the while....as usual.

Re: GOP 2016 [Re: thedudeabides87] #836604
04/08/15 02:58 AM
04/08/15 02:58 AM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss
Democrates are the party of the poor because they want the poor to stay poor. They want the middle class to be poor/ middle class.

They don't want the middle class to big upper middle class.

They want older people like myself to be scared sheep afraid of everything. Afraid of losing social security.

The only reason they want Mexicans to flood I to this country is because they think they will vote democrates.

only the unloved hate
Re: GOP 2016 [Re: Footreads] #836612
04/08/15 05:39 AM
04/08/15 05:39 AM
getthesenets Offline
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline
Underboss
Rick Lazio never recovered from the leaking of this photo

His campaign had gotten a lot of mileage from criticizing Hillary for embracing Arafat's wife....so he kept hammering the point over and over and over.

When it made sense to do so....then (then)Clinton White House leaked the photo of him shaking hands with Yasser Arafat and Republicans in NY scrambled to distance themselves from him.

It was a wrap for him after that.

Re: GOP 2016 [Re: Footreads] #836621
04/08/15 06:37 AM
04/08/15 06:37 AM
Upstate, NY
thedudeabides87 Offline OP
Underboss
thedudeabides87  Offline OP
Underboss
Upstate, NY
Originally Posted By: Footreads

he won't get the nomination. But there will be some including the Democrates who will try to get him run as an independent because he will get more Republican votes away from the Republican nominee in the general election.

Bush has the money and he would be a good President. But they demonized his name so much I doubt if he ran. Rubio could be the Vice President for a lot of reasons. Him being a Latino would not hurt and being a senator in Florida would help the republicans.

I don't think he will either, no libertarian leaning politician will ever get a main party endorsement. If he means what he says (a stretch) I think he would make a fine President.
In a perfect world Ron Paul would run again.

I can't see myself voting for McCain he says he is for a free America but wants to ban MMA in Arizona.

I actually would have voted for Clinton in 2008 but with everything that has happened since I won't vote for her

The Dude: And, you know, he's got emotional problems, man.
Walter Sobchak: You mean... beyond pacifism?

Walter Sobchak: This guy f*cking walks. I've never been so sure of anything in my entire life
Re: GOP 2016 [Re: thedudeabides87] #836646
04/08/15 10:28 AM
04/08/15 10:28 AM
M
moneyman Offline
Made Member
moneyman  Offline
M
Made Member
if a republican gets elected its gonna take a guy who is liberal socially no way around it... too hard to pull in younger votes in urban areas

Re: GOP 2016 [Re: moneyman] #836647
04/08/15 10:32 AM
04/08/15 10:32 AM
ItalianForever Offline
Capo
ItalianForever  Offline
Capo
Originally Posted By: moneyman
if a republican gets elected its gonna take a guy who is liberal socially no way around it... too hard to pull in younger votes in urban areas

Wrong, blacks and hispanics are typically religious and more socially conservative but extremely economically liberal.

It cracks me up when the dems say they are the party of the middle class but it is clear that liberal policies only hurt the middle class. The ultimate goal of the left is to make more and more people dependent upon government.

It is clear that this president has hurt this country. The labor participation rate (the real unemployment rate) is at about 63%, which means 37% of people are not in the work force, not the bs 5.5% figure we get from our loving government.

I'll give you an example. The minimum wage. The libs are constantly harping on raising the minimum wage. They use leftist hyperbole that these big corporations need to pay. The reality is this, 60-70% of employees work for small business. Small businesses are far less able to handle the minimum wage rise because, as a small business, it significantly effects salary costs and thus the bottom line.

As far as big corporations go, ask yourself this, at what point is it cheaper for a big company to invest in other means and methods (more technologically efficient means) of providing goods and services to customers?

For most businesses, salary costs are the most significant expense. At some pint however, technology will change this reality. And if the left keeps up this crap, that reality will change at a much fast pace.

Last edited by ItalianForever; 04/08/15 10:43 AM.
Re: GOP 2016 [Re: Alfa Romeo] #836648
04/08/15 10:41 AM
04/08/15 10:41 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Pizza, I just can't put my finger on it. I do not like Hillary.

Neither could Bill. So he fingered the fat ugly intern instead.

Re: GOP 2016 [Re: thedudeabides87] #836655
04/08/15 10:59 AM
04/08/15 10:59 AM
ItalianForever Offline
Capo
ItalianForever  Offline
Capo
Originally Posted By: thedudeabides87

I don't think he will either, no libertarian leaning politician will ever get a main party endorsement. If he means what he says (a stretch) I think he would make a fine President.
In a perfect world Ron Paul would run again.

I can't see myself voting for McCain he says he is for a free America but wants to ban MMA in Arizona.

I actually would have voted for Clinton in 2008 but with everything that has happened since I won't vote for her

I believe Rand Paul will be the nominee. He's not really an establishment guy and at the same time he's a healthy combination of idealism and pragmatism.

Re: GOP 2016 [Re: thedudeabides87] #836665
04/08/15 11:39 AM
04/08/15 11:39 AM
OC, CA
Faithful1 Offline
Underboss
Faithful1  Offline
Underboss
OC, CA
The GOP establishment guy is Jeb Bush, and I don't care for his views on immigration, education, and I don't trust him on the economy.

The guys I like (in no particular order) are Paul, Rubio, Cruz and Walker. I think any of them would be great. I watched Paul's announcement and was very impressed with what he said, but I wonder about the specifics on how he'd decrease spending while increasing our military. The two who would most seriously take on the national debt would be Paul and Walker, but I think our debt is so high right now that we can never get out of the hole that we're in, plus the unfunded mandates that add up to a debt of about $250 trillion, an unimaginable figure.

I also see that Rahm Emanuel won another term in Chicago. Meanwhile, Chicago gets junk bond status and it's has to start paying a billion dollars to fund state pension plans. Where is Chicago going to come up with that kind of money? How is the newly re-elected mayor going to deal with that mess?

Re: GOP 2016 [Re: pizzaboy] #836672
04/08/15 12:00 PM
04/08/15 12:00 PM
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Pizza, I just can't put my finger on it. I do not like Hillary.

Neither could Bill. So he fingered the fat ugly intern instead.

Muahahahahaha!!!!!

Face it Hillary will be the next potus. Too many sheeples out there will vote for her. And that is so sad.

Dylan Matthew Moran born 10/30/12

Re: GOP 2016 [Re: Footreads] #836678
04/08/15 12:34 PM
04/08/15 12:34 PM
Alfa Romeo Offline
Underboss
Alfa Romeo  Offline
Underboss
Democrates are the party of the poor because they want the poor to stay poor. They want the middle class to be poor/ middle class.

They want older people like myself to be scared sheep afraid of everything. Afraid of losing social security.

The only reason they want Mexicans to flood I to this country is because they think they will vote democrates.

We have different opinions, so I'll address each point of yours, point by point.

It's not the Democrats that are trying to keep anyone poor or middle class to stop them from reaching upper class. The Democrats are the pro education party. They believe that education should be subsidized either partly or wholly by the government, for those who can't afford to pay. They feel it's the government's responsibility to edify its citizens because the governments money is really the people's money (taxes). Therefore taxes ought to be used to uplift the people. The Republicans seem to believe that if you can't afford to pay for an education, that you don't have any business trying to go to school to better yourself....but they will still punish you for remaining a member of the lower classes.

Social Security. The Democrats want to shore up the Social Security trust fund and leave it as is. It is the Republicans who want to get rid of that and instead have everyone invested in private retirement investment accounts. This of course floods Wall Street with more dumb money and it makes the Republicans and their friends even richer. It also endangers the security of our elders and makes them vulnerable to the fickle swings of the stock markets.

I could actually support the idea of private investment accounts instead of social security if we pass a law that says that after x number of years as a publicly traded company, a company MUST pay cash dividends to all shareholders. And not a paltry dividend either. More like in the range of + or - 10%. Stocks that pay dividends are far stronger of a foundation to rely on as a safety net than a security that pays little to no dividends. During stock market crashes and corrections, stocks that pay dividends display great buoyancy, for the simple fact that no one will sell you their shares for free. Dividend paying stocks are actually worth real money.

Mexico.

The Democrats might be in favor of illegal immigration more so because they are afraid of losing the future Hispanic vote to the Republican party. What they are not farsighted enough to see, is that if they keep enabling illegal immigration, eventually, the Hispanics in their districts will replace then with Hispanic Congressmen and Senators. So it's counter intuitive. You think you are saving your job, but you are losing it by engaging in nonsense that you think will keep you in Washington DC longer.

Re: GOP 2016 [Re: Alfa Romeo] #836683
04/08/15 01:18 PM
04/08/15 01:18 PM
ItalianForever Offline
Capo
ItalianForever  Offline
Capo

We have different opinions, so I'll address each point of yours, point by point.

It's not the Democrats that are trying to keep anyone poor or middle class to stop them from reaching upper class. The Democrats are the pro education party. They believe that education should be subsidized either partly or wholly by the government, for those who can't afford to pay. They feel it's the government's responsibility to edify its citizens because the governments money is really the people's money (taxes). Therefore taxes ought to be used to uplift the people. The Republicans seem to believe that if you can't afford to pay for an education, that you don't have any business trying to go to school to better yourself....but they will still punish you for remaining a member of the lower classes.

Social Security. The Democrats want to shore up the Social Security trust fund and leave it as is. It is the Republicans who want to get rid of that and instead have everyone invested in private retirement investment accounts. This of course floods Wall Street with more dumb money and it makes the Republicans and their friends even richer. It also endangers the security of our elders and makes them vulnerable to the fickle swings of the stock markets.

I could actually support the idea of private investment accounts instead of social security if we pass a law that says that after x number of years as a publicly traded company, a company MUST pay cash dividends to all shareholders. And not a paltry dividend either. More like in the range of + or - 10%. Stocks that pay dividends are far stronger of a foundation to rely on as a safety net than a security that pays little to no dividends. During stock market crashes and corrections, stocks that pay dividends display great buoyancy, for the simple fact that no one will sell you their shares for free. Dividend paying stocks are actually worth real money.

Mexico.

The Democrats might be in favor of illegal immigration more so because they are afraid of losing the future Hispanic vote to the Republican party. What they are not farsighted enough to see, is that if they keep enabling illegal immigration, eventually, the Hispanics in their districts will replace then with Hispanic Congressmen and Senators. So it's counter intuitive. You think you are saving your job, but you are losing it by engaging in nonsense that you think will keep you in Washington DC longer.

Yes, because education is proving itself to be a can't miss when it comes to finding a job.

As far as telling companies they have to pay a large dividend, are you fucking nuts? Do you have any conception of how finance works? Companies with smaller dividends are better performers than high paying dividend companies. Companies that pay high dividends are typically trying to attract investment for a reason, usually to make up for operating or performance based deficiencies. A good company doesnt need to pay a huge dividend. See CHKR. 12% annual yield, the stock is down about 80% in 5 years.

It's unfortunate that people like you, that have no conception of economics, finance, or accounting make up the majority of elected office.

Last edited by ItalianForever; 04/08/15 01:20 PM.
Re: GOP 2016 [Re: thedudeabides87] #836690
04/08/15 01:54 PM
04/08/15 01:54 PM
Alfa Romeo Offline
Underboss
Alfa Romeo  Offline
Underboss
Quote:
Yes, because education is proving itself to be a can't miss when it comes to finding a job.

As far as telling companies they have to pay a large dividend, are you fucking nuts? Do you have any conception of how finance works? Companies with smaller dividends are better performers than high paying dividend companies. Companies that pay high dividends are typically trying to attract investment for a reason, usually to make up for operating or performance based deficiencies. A good company doesnt need to pay a huge dividend. See CHKR. 12% annual yield, the stock is down about 80% in 5 years.

It's unfortunate that people like you, that have no conception of economics, finance, or accounting make up the majority of elected office.

Education is not a guarantee, but it increases a person's prospects, no matter what the gender, race, or social economic status.

I know more about the stock market than you think. That's why I highlighted the stipulation of "X number of years". In the beginning stages of a publicly traded company, money is needed for reinvestment to grow the business. What do older companies do with all that money? Outsized executive compensation, research and development, and mergers and acquisitions. The last one hurts investors almost as much as the first one on that list, because when the big companies gobble up the little ones, they deprive investors of the outsized massive gains a terrific small cap can offer.

Now there are plenty of good companies that don't need to pay a dividend to remain good stocks. But these stocks offer no shock absorber for the elder that depends on that for their financial security. Without a dividend to offer buoyancy, the stock can crash at any moment. That's what makes the Republican proposal for individual retirement accounts so irresponsible.

If you feel that companies ought not pay dividends of a certain size after x number of years, to retain membership in the stock market exchanges, then that just bolsters the case against Republican individual retirement accounts even further.

Re: GOP 2016 [Re: Mignon] #836692
04/08/15 02:09 PM
04/08/15 02:09 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: Mignon
Face it Hillary will be the next potus.

I said it as far back as eight years ago, and I'm reiterating it for the newer members. I'm clearly in the minority (even among her haters). But I guarantee that that woman will never be President.

She was a shoo-in for the nomination back on 2008, remember? And she got beat by an unknown with very little political experience (not that she had any of her own). And even though he won, the Obamas hate her today.

If Barack Obama makes one decent parting move as President, it should be to stand by his VP, no matter how many times Biden put his foot in his mouth. Why should he step aside for her? I said it earlier. Fuck these self-important, entitled, political dynasty families. If I never read the words Bush, Clinton or Kennedy again, it will be too soon.

As an aside, she'll be 70 years old shortly after the election. Do you remember how the Left attacked Reagan in 1980 (when he was 69), and Dole in '96 (when he was 73), for being so "old and out of touch"? Well, what makes her any different at 70?

What's good for the goose is good for the cuckolded ex-First Lady. The younger generation that put Barack Obama in the White House will never turn out in the same numbers to vote for that old hag.

Re: GOP 2016 [Re: moneyman] #836693
04/08/15 02:10 PM
04/08/15 02:10 PM
far, northwest
Binnie_Coll Offline
Underboss
Binnie_Coll  Offline
Underboss
far, northwest
Originally Posted By: moneyman

I agree with you entirely, why do people forget the Hispanic vote? the Hispanic voting numbers have increased far more than any other voting bloc.

and millions reside in states with high electoral votes. texas, and California for two. they do not vote republican.

" watch what you say around this guy, he's got a big mouth" sam giancana to an outfit soldier about frank Sinatra. [ from the book "my way"
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull