GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Frankie_Five_Angels, Jimmy_Two_Times), 253 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
Happy birthday Tommasino Neri.
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,428
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,840
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,507
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,307
Posts1,058,321
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: NY families "jersey crews" [Re: Frankie_Five_Angels] #832642
03/12/15 09:11 PM
03/12/15 09:11 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: Frankie_Five_Angels
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Originally Posted By: mightyhealthy
What are the demographics like in Yonkers today? Any gentrification? mostly working class?

Gentrification in Yonkers? Pffft.

Yonkers used to be a nice little town, almost like a cross between an outer borough and the suburbs. Lots of working class and middle-class families. Let's just say it's gone downhill.

True.. very true.. still got some nice neighborhoods. . Crestwood, Colonial Heights, Bronxville Heights, etc.. bit it ain't what it used to be. .

Right. But every one of those neighborhoods borders the Tuckahoe/Eastchester/Bronxville line. And don't forget, Tuckahoe is a partial septic tank itself, especially by the train station. Give it a few more years, and some more government and section eight housing, watch what happens.

We're in Florida now. But my Dad lives in Lake Isle when we're up there. For now, anyway. He's 85 and slowing down. Anyway, Lake Isle is beautiful. But we're talking about Eastchester and an entirely different demographic.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: NY families "jersey crews" [Re: kiladelphia_pistolvania] #832645
03/12/15 09:29 PM
03/12/15 09:29 PM
Westchester
Frankie_Five_Angels Online content
Made Member
Frankie_Five_Angels  Online Content
Made Member
Westchester
Lol. Aint that the truth. Eastchester is a different world, and Tuckahoe has its ghetto for sure.

"I'll give you undignified. Go fuck yourself. You, Phil... whoever. He's my fuckin' cousin."

"My name is George. I'm unemployed and live with my parents"..
Re: NY families "jersey crews" [Re: JC] #832705
03/13/15 08:48 AM
03/13/15 08:48 AM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Originally Posted By: JC
The Genovese have already had a boss who came up in and was based in NJ. Gerry Catena was the acting boss for Vito Genovese from the time that Vito Genovese went to jail until the time that Vito died in 1969. Then he was the official boss from 1969 until 1972 when Phil Lombardo or Funzi Tieri took the reigns, depending upon what you believe. Jerry was a NJ guy all the way, born and bred in Newark, the most powerful homegrown mobster ever from NJ.

From what I understand, Genovese remained the official boss until his death. I've only read about Catena being the underboss, though I suppose it's possible he could have been acting boss at some point. According to Cafaro, Lombardo took over as boss after Genovese died. Tieri was never the official boss, simply official underboss and then acting boss for Lombardo.

Anyway, all the recent info (what little there has been) suggests the Genovese family continues to be run by a ruling panel. As much as people on these forums want to see one guy officially sitting on the throne, it doesn't appear as yet there is any.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: NY families "jersey crews" [Re: pizzaboy] #832727
03/13/15 11:48 AM
03/13/15 11:48 AM
T
TommyGambino Offline
Underboss
TommyGambino  Offline
T
Underboss
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Originally Posted By: kiladelphia_pistolvania
When Crea gets taken off the street (jail or death) does anyone think one of the NJ guys could step up and take control of that family??

I doubt it. The Luccheses are a smaller mirror image of the Westside. There are still way more guys active in Westchester and the Bronx than in Jersey.

And like I've said a hundred times, those two families work so closely together in the Bronx and Westchester that they may as well be one family. Especially in construction. I don't think the powerbase in either of those families is moving anytime soon.

Any other families got joint ventures with the Westide and Luke's?

Re: NY families "jersey crews" [Re: IvyLeague] #832935
03/14/15 07:25 PM
03/14/15 07:25 PM
Philly Burbs
mikeyballs211 Offline
acting associate
mikeyballs211  Offline
acting associate
Underboss
Philly Burbs
Ivy in that period of the early 70s wasnt Tommy Eboli acting boss at all? Just wondering bc I read he was acting boss while Lombardo was the real power and was killed for welching on a drug deal...I could very well be wrong and I defer to more knowledgeable posters like you but just curious

"No, no, you aint alrite Spyder you got alotta fuckin problems"
Re: NY families "jersey crews" [Re: TommyGambino] #832939
03/14/15 07:34 PM
03/14/15 07:34 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: TommyGambino
Any other families got joint ventures with the Westide and Luke's?

Not to the extent that they have with each other.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull