GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
4 registered members (TheKillingJoke, mustachepete, joepuzzles234, 1 invisible), 119 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,753
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,301
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,527
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,409
Posts1,060,388
Members10,349
Most Online911
May 23rd, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Was Al D'Arco being overly paranoid .... [Re: Tonytough] #829603
02/20/15 02:21 PM
02/20/15 02:21 PM
Castellammare del Golfo
Malandrino Offline
Underboss
Malandrino  Offline
Underboss
Castellammare del Golfo
Lol, nice pic... is he at the Copa?

-I shot him a coupla' times.
-What's a couple?
-Hmm, more than a couple... Really I don't know the exact amount, maybe I shot him 10 times, 12 times?
-Maybe fifteen?
-Hmm, it could've been fifteen...

-Anthony "Gaspipe" Casso
Re: Was Al D'Arco being overly paranoid .... [Re: Tonytough] #829607
02/20/15 02:48 PM
02/20/15 02:48 PM
D
Dwalin2011 Offline
Underboss
Dwalin2011  Offline
D
Underboss
I wonder what would have happened if Casso was whacked or arrested and Amuso remained on the street. I still remember those guys on the topmobs blog that swore Vic wasn't nearly as violent, which I have a hard time to believe since he appointed such a psycho as underboss. But still, with no Casso around to push him to whack everybody, how would Amuso have behaved if left to himself?

Willie Marfeo to Henry Tameleo:

1) "You people want a loaf of bread and you throw the crumbs back. Well, fuck you. I ain't closing down."

2) "Get out of here, old man. Go tell Raymond to go shit in his hat. We're not giving you anything."
Re: Was Al D'Arco being overly paranoid .... [Re: Tonytough] #829638
02/20/15 04:33 PM
02/20/15 04:33 PM
T
tiger84 Offline
Capo
tiger84  Offline
T
Capo
Lol pizzaboy thinks really highly of Anthony Casso and Dominick Cicale lol.But this is how fucked up Anrthony Casso is on his 60 minutes interview the reporter asks him if he feels bad about all the people he killed and Casso said no.Instead of him lying like all the other rats do and say he feels bad and wish it never happend he straight out showed his true pysiopathic personiality.He did seem like he had a bit of a personality not like gravano who seemed like a creep

Re: Was Al D'Arco being overly paranoid .... [Re: Tonytough] #829673
02/20/15 05:43 PM
02/20/15 05:43 PM
Castellammare del Golfo
Malandrino Offline
Underboss
Malandrino  Offline
Underboss
Castellammare del Golfo
Gravano sounds pretty genuine in his interview, you can tell he's not lying about most of the things. Sure, there's stuff he's just bullshitting, like dealing drugs an some of the people he whacked but he gave you this real, genuine vibe that you'd almost believe if he didn't get caught dealing drugs a few years later. His answers are direct, concise and to the point.. he doesn't make excuses about his life and basically tells it how it is.
I dunno maybe it's just me, but back when I didn't know he was caught dealing I found him to be semi-likable as far as those guys go.

Then again I thought pretty much the same thing about Gotti Jr's interview, but with him you could tell his lies by his nervous tick and blinking, lol.. like Alite said in his book his trashy sister used to call him "blinkie."

By the way whats the story about Sammy refusing to testify against Casso? Is it bullshit? How the hall can Sammy refuse his overlords, the feds like that. Was he THAT scared of Gas?

-What's a couple?
-Hmm, more than a couple... Really I don't know the exact amount, maybe I shot him 10 times, 12 times?
-Maybe fifteen?

-Anthony "Gaspipe" Casso
Re: Was Al D'Arco being overly paranoid .... [Re: tiger84] #829675
02/20/15 05:46 PM
02/20/15 05:46 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: tiger84
Lol pizzaboy thinks really highly of Anthony Casso and Dominick Cicale lol.

Well, Anthony Casso ordered the murder of Mikey Salerno, a local, likeable, and avuncular type of guy---who I knew all my life (and I was already about thirty when he got killed).

You pick the life and you get killed, hey, that's on you. But Casso hung a rat label on him to justify it, and it was all so he could get his greedy hands on the dump in Pennsylvania. And Mikey was no rat. That move was despicable.

And Dominick Cicale has more bodies on him than the man he put away. At least the two guys that Vinny was convicted of murdering were both bottom feeding lowlifes themselves. Public service homicides. If it was up to the NYPD, they probably wouldn't have even investigated. But once the Feds grabbed it, and Cicale showed his true colors (is c*unt a color?), that was all she wrote.

And I don't sugarcoat the lives of mobsters. I've posted the expression "you play you pay" more times than anyone on this site. And life is full of gray areas. But not where these two guys are concerned.

Casso is a serial killer who was as dangerous as Charles Manson. Cicale a career petty criminal and white trash lowlife who couldn't make himself better than he was born. Look no further than his drug dealing rat father if you need proof of that.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Was Al D'Arco being overly paranoid .... [Re: Tonytough] #829686
02/20/15 06:06 PM
02/20/15 06:06 PM
Castellammare del Golfo
Malandrino Offline
Underboss
Malandrino  Offline
Underboss
Castellammare del Golfo
I get what ya mean PB. Not only they have you whacked for doing nothing wrong, but they even shit on your reputation and label you a rat. In that life, that is much, much worse. Like putting salt on the wound, even that is an understatement.

-What's a couple?
-Maybe fifteen?

-Anthony "Gaspipe" Casso
Re: Was Al D'Arco being overly paranoid .... [Re: Tonytough] #829688
02/20/15 06:07 PM
02/20/15 06:07 PM
T
TommyGambino Offline
Underboss
TommyGambino  Offline
T
Underboss
Speaking of Sammy Gravano, is it true he refused to rat on Louis Vollario?

Re: Was Al D'Arco being overly paranoid .... [Re: Tonytough] #829698
02/20/15 06:47 PM
02/20/15 06:47 PM
S
SinatraClub Offline
Underboss
SinatraClub  Offline
S
Underboss
Speaking as a Long Islander, very few bars and clubs out here fall under mob control, or affiliation. To this day anyways. The Hells Angels is more into that these days as far as Long Island goes. The clubs are pretty much run by legit people, and very few of them happen to be Italian.

Re: Was Al D'Arco being overly paranoid .... [Re: pizzaboy] #829875
02/22/15 02:12 AM
02/22/15 02:12 AM
Uk
T
Tonytough Offline OP
ba da bing
Tonytough  Offline OP
ba da bing
T
Underboss
Uk
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Originally Posted By: Tonytough
He was in trouble & no doubt would have got whacked just like anybody else who fuked up with gas & vic

You're dead wrong if you think you had to fuck up with those two scumbags to end up dead. They killed more guys out of envy than anything else. Then the rat lies came out to try to bullshit the skippers. But they all knew. Especially the Bronx and Harlem guys.

They killed Mikey Salerno, an old man and stand up guy to his very core, because they wanted the dump in Pennsylvania. The guy probably would have given it to them. That's how he was. He was no threat but they killed him out of pure jealousy and spite. Then they had the audacity to call him a rat after he was gone. Fuck Anthony Casso. He was no criminal genius. He was a serial killer who was lucky to survive the '80s.

They could have easily got him the first time. & I think he's been watching way too many Godfather movies

Life imitates art. Especially in that life. Can you imagine if Youtube was around back then with those moronic videos voiced over by guys who sound like Prince Harry doing a Tony Soprano impression?

Doesn't make sense they would need to set up several meets just to lure Al into a trap. Maybe the chin would do that since he's a crafty old fuk

But not gas.

Again, he was a dead man walking, so what's the difference when he ran to the Feds? And again, he's a pussy for going that route. But he was dead either way, so I don't see why getting spooked at the hotel was any different than if he waited a week.

It's funny you mention Vince, though. If Casso survived a little longer on the street, Chin would have whacked him, knocked down Amuso, and then backed the Bronx/Harlem faction of that family. You can take that to the bank

You have to understand that in the Bronx and Harlem back then, the Luccheses and Genovese families worked so closely together that they may as well have been the same family.

And it's still like that here in the Bronx. If the Brooklyn loyalists who just got out were crazy enough to take on the Bronx Luccheses, they'd be taking on the the Westside as well. You have no idea how much money they make together, particularly in construction.

Oh not implying gas & vic won't whack u if u did nothing wrong, but I was merely pointing out that yes, D'arco was in trouble BUT I don't think he was getting popped just yet

Maybe they still needed him onboard seeing they were on the lam & again I'm in no illusions as to the fact he was marked for death

However just pointing out (IMO) he wasn't going to get popped at the first or second meet. Gas would not have to set up multiple meets just to lure Al in. If gas wanted u dead, forgetabout it! He wouldn't play these come meet me today, I'll see u next week, tell Al's driver to do a runner after he drops him off, tells a guy who wasn't supposed to be at the meet to suddenly turn up & go into a toilet, come out missing a bulge.

That is not Gas's style. And if anyone believes Al was going to get whacked at this meet, then why were they smart enough to tell Al's driver to dissapear yet have NO backup team in place.

When gas got up and literally ran, why didn't anyone chase him? There were other hits ordered by Gas where the victim sensed he was getting it, and tried to make off but was chased and dragged back inside

Nobody chased him because they were just as startled as he was as to why he decided to do the running man

Now, if he gave them the slip, surely a team of guys can keep a close eye on an intended target. Put simply he wasn't even a target on that given day.

Re: Was Al D'Arco being overly paranoid .... [Re: pizzaboy] #830295
02/25/15 07:58 AM
02/25/15 07:58 AM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

They were gonna whack him as sure as it's gonna rain in England this week (and that's not sarcasm about your location, just an expression).

What's the difference if the threat was imminent? His getting spooked probably saved Sal Avellino's life, too. They envied that guy's money so much that they surely would have hit hit if they didn't get pinched when they did. Just for fucking spite. That's what you were dealing with back then.

And I'm not excusing D'Arco for being a rat. I read that book and it was okay. But there was plenty of bullshit in it, especially about the Bronx and Harlem factions of the family, who Al barely knew.

But he was a dead man walking. A real man of honor would have went out in a blaze of glory, and he ran to the Feds like a pussy. But make no mistake. It wasn't paranoia. They were gonna whack him sooner rather than later.

Wasn't D'Arco allies with Crea and other guys from the (Bronx)? And didn't he despise Baratta on a personal and business level (Harlem)?

Just my personal opinion without getting through all the other posts on the thread yet but I think The Kimberly Hotel assassination attempt was all in D'Arco's head. It's a ridiculous place to whack someone and his theory about why guys were fidgety and going on regular toilet breaks sounded like total paranoia.

I don't think he was a stand up guy. I think he was a coward and a bully.

I invoke my right under the 5th amendment of the United States constitution and decline to answer the question.
Re: Was Al D'Arco being overly paranoid .... [Re: Homers77] #830296
02/25/15 08:02 AM
02/25/15 08:02 AM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

Originally Posted By: Homers77
I thought I read in his book that Al said he met with Crea and they we're considering taking out Vic n Gas and Crea had td juice to do it.

I wonder how things would have turned out if that had happen.

It's crazy to think that Crea was really powerful back in the late 80s .... He must be LOADED...

I don't know crap but I would guess Wealthy status like future family generations are good like the Gigantes...

They tried to recruit Daidone too but guys like Daidone & Argentina weren't insubordinate to Amuso & Casso and he stayed loyal. And lo and behold, Louie Bagels is now doing a life sentence without ratting like De Fede & D'Arco.

I invoke my right under the 5th amendment of the United States constitution and decline to answer the question.
Re: Was Al D'Arco being overly paranoid .... [Re: pizzaboy] #830298
02/25/15 08:03 AM
02/25/15 08:03 AM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

Originally Posted By: Homers77
It's crazy to think that Crea was really powerful back in the late 80s .... He must be LOADED...

He was worth millions BEFORE he got his button, and he didn't buy it either. And it's true that he's very "white collar" today. But if anyone thinks he was just a business savvy street guy who specialized in building and construction, and fell ass backwards into power, sure as shit didn't know him thirty years ago. He was tough as fucking nails. He's pushing seventy now, and he still is.

Guy certainly looks like he can take a punch. Real boxers chin on him.

Re: Was Al D'Arco being overly paranoid .... [Re: Moe_Tilden] #830311
02/25/15 08:59 AM
02/25/15 08:59 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: Moe_Tilden
They were gonna whack him as sure as it's gonna rain in England this week (and that's not sarcasm about your location, just an expression).

What's the difference if the threat was imminent? His getting spooked probably saved Sal Avellino's life, too. They envied that guy's money so much that they surely would have hit hit if they didn't get pinched when they did. Just for fucking spite. That's what you were dealing with back then.

And I'm not excusing D'Arco for being a rat. I read that book and it was okay. But there was plenty of bullshit in it, especially about the Bronx and Harlem factions of the family, who Al barely knew.

But he was a dead man walking. A real man of honor would have went out in a blaze of glory, and he ran to the Feds like a pussy. But make no mistake. It wasn't paranoia. They were gonna whack him sooner rather than later.

I don't think he was a stand up guy. I think he was a coward and a bully.

Where did I imply anything different, Moe?

I said a real man would have gone out in a blaze of glory, and I called him a pussy. And I realize that we share the English language, but sometimes the idioms are a bit different here. But in the street over here, a pussy is even less than a coward.

And Jimmy Ida wouldn't have even recongnized Al as the acting. That whole downtown crew kept him at arm's length. Matty sent word from Texas that the Luccheses were a house of cards with Ducks away and the Brooklyn/Bronx thing going on. It's just a shame that Chin didn't find Casso before the Feds did.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Was Al D'Arco being overly paranoid .... [Re: pizzaboy] #830422
02/25/15 07:34 PM
02/25/15 07:34 PM
D
Dbm7 Offline
Button
Dbm7  Offline
D
Button
Was Chin looking for Casso?

Re: Was Al D'Arco being overly paranoid .... [Re: Tonytough] #830544
02/26/15 03:51 PM
02/26/15 03:51 PM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

so I re read the hotel chapter. and capeci and tom are great writters. lay out all the details likr you can picture in your head. ok where to start. they were not going to whack al there and leave his deadlier kid out on the street on drugs looking for revenge. the kid killed dilappi put 10 in fat pete. if they were they call both in. and why a hotel there would be evidence everywere blood noise people in n out ect like the worst place ever. these are the guy in charge of the family. casso would have just had one of al crew do him in a car. I think al knew with fat pete talking his time was up. why let sal Avellino leave the hotel alive. they whack him tell al we had to make it look good. al says Avellino wanted the carters dead but casso told them find your own killlers. why long island guys use that Bronx guy frank pearl. and is Frankie pearl out? think hes late 80tys and should be wrapping up soon. that's a slap in the face is he walks out alive.

Re: Was Al D'Arco being overly paranoid .... [Re: pmac] #830553
02/26/15 04:19 PM
02/26/15 04:19 PM
yigido Offline
Capo
yigido  Offline
Capo
Originally Posted By: pmac
they were not going to whack al there and leave his deadlier kid out on the street on drugs looking for revenge..
From what I read Al had a his own right to be suspicious. None of his associates talked to him, people kept ignoring him, at least thats what he said. Then you have the guys getting whacked for being labeled rats. After a while it was clear that this was ridicilous. There was a clear pattern of these guys getting whacked.

And everybody else in that hotelroom was acting suspicious, acting different, but if they did want to hit him in the hotel then why did they wait so long. Why didn't the killer enter and do the job, instead of someone planting the gun when everyone was already there?

Re: Was Al D'Arco being overly paranoid .... [Re: yigido] #830556
02/26/15 04:39 PM
02/26/15 04:39 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
They were going to kill him. Period. And it doesn't justify his snitching. You take the oath, you go down guns blazing if need be. But my point was that the hotel paranoia was irrelevant to what would have eventually happened. They were going to pop him. No ifs, ands or buts.

Avellino lucked out, too. Casso was so fucking jealous of that man's business savvy and wealth that he would have eventually ordered him murdered. No doubt in my mind. But look at them both now.

Fuck Anthony Casso. A serial killer in an Italian suit is still a serial killer. And that piece of shit (and rat, by the way) is still in prison. And Sal Avellino is still a ten handicap grin.

Re: Was Al D'Arco being overly paranoid .... [Re: Tonytough] #830558
02/26/15 04:44 PM
02/26/15 04:44 PM
Alfa Romeo Offline
Underboss
Alfa Romeo  Offline
Underboss
Wasn't Al D'Arco warned by the FBI? If he was, then he shouldn't have gone to any meeting in the first place. Maybe he went to the meeting to see if the agents were right. When he saw the strange behaviors around him, he made up his mind to believe the FBI. But could he possibly be that slow witted? I think so.

"For us, rubbin'out a Mustache was just like makin' way for a new building, like we was in the construction business."
Re: Was Al D'Arco being overly paranoid .... [Re: pizzaboy] #830560
02/26/15 04:47 PM
02/26/15 04:47 PM
Alfa Romeo Offline
Underboss
Alfa Romeo  Offline
Underboss
They were going to kill him. Period. And it doesn't justify his snitching. You take the oath, you go down guns blazing if need be. But my point was that the hotel paranoia was irrelevant to what would have eventually happened. They were going to pop him. No ifs, ands or buts.

Avellino lucked out, too. Casso was so fucking jealous of that man's business savvy and wealth that he would have eventually ordered him murdered. No doubt in my mind. But look at them both now.

Fuck Anthony Casso. A serial killer in an Italian suit is still a serial killer. And that piece of shit (and rat, by the way) is still in prison. And Sal Avellino is still a ten handicap grin.

Pizza, folk like Casso make me think that certain people should be locked up before they kill. He just comes across as a completely unstable lunatic in his interviews. The only thing that could probably calm him down is medical/nutritional care.

And about the 'guns blazing' concept. It seems to me like the gangsters with the greatest longevity in Cosa Nostra are the ones with the formidable reputation of being too difficult to whack. You don't even want to call them in because they might switch it up on you and do you in instead. It just seems that way. I don't know. Maybe guys like Sonny Franzese were getting called in left and right and constantly tested. But I doubt it.

"For us, rubbin'out a Mustache was just like makin' way for a new building, like we was in the construction business."
Re: Was Al D'Arco being overly paranoid .... [Re: Alfa Romeo] #830565
02/26/15 05:14 PM
02/26/15 05:14 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: Alfa Romeo
Pizza, folk like Casso make me think that certain people should be locked up before they kill.

Unfortunately, the more liberal states here in America don't go in for that kind of thing. But I couldn't agree more lol.

All kidding aside, great post all the way around smile.

Re: Was Al D'Arco being overly paranoid .... [Re: Alfa Romeo] #830569
02/26/15 05:27 PM
02/26/15 05:27 PM
Uk
T
Tonytough Offline OP
ba da bing
Tonytough  Offline OP
ba da bing
T
Underboss
Uk
Wasn't Al D'Arco warned by the FBI? If he was, then he shouldn't have gone to any meeting in the first place. Maybe he went to the meeting to see if the agents were right. When he saw the strange behaviors around him, he made up his mind to believe the FBI. But could he possibly be that slow witted? I think so.

No, I think Al said he was warned after the hotel incident, which in his mind justified why he turned

Re: Was Al D'Arco being overly paranoid .... [Re: Tonytough] #830580
02/26/15 05:56 PM
02/26/15 05:56 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
I think Al said he was warned after the hotel incident, which in his mind justified why he turned

The Rat's National Anthem: They were gonna kill me. I testified out of revenge, so I'm not really a rat.

Re: Was Al D'Arco being overly paranoid .... [Re: Tonytough] #830597
02/26/15 07:33 PM
02/26/15 07:33 PM
Bamboo Lounge
NickyEyes1 Offline
Hawks Bears Bulls Sox
NickyEyes1  Offline
Hawks Bears Bulls Sox
Underboss
Bamboo Lounge
PB what do you think of Chiodo ratting? Why protect 2 psychopaths who tried to kill your sister?

Re: Was Al D'Arco being overly paranoid .... [Re: Tonytough] #830600
02/26/15 07:50 PM
02/26/15 07:50 PM
SonnyBlackstein Offline
Underboss
SonnyBlackstein  Offline
Underboss
Beat me too it Nicky.

Some of these rats have a point.

Edit: Its worth pointing out that D'Arco was almost certainly going to be hit.
The only dispute is by posters who 'dont believe it', based on... I have no idea.

Last edited by SonnyBlackstein; 02/26/15 07:56 PM.

MORGAN: Why didn't you fight him at the park if you wanted to? I'm not goin' now, I'm eatin' my snack.
CHUCKIE: Morgan, Let's go.
MORGAN: I'm serious Chuckie, I ain't goin'.
WILL: So don't go.
Re: Was Al D'Arco being overly paranoid .... [Re: pizzaboy] #830602
02/26/15 07:56 PM
02/26/15 07:56 PM
Alfa Romeo Offline
Underboss
Alfa Romeo  Offline
Underboss
Pizza, folk like Casso make me think that certain people should be locked up before they kill.

Unfortunately, the more liberal states here in America don't go in for that kind of thing. But I couldn't agree more lol.

Sincere thanks for the Kudos, and I'm relieved you didn't take the post the wrong way....there are some very sensitive people around here lol. I'm a Sagittarius, so I tend to be blunt.

Re: Was Al D'Arco being overly paranoid .... [Re: NickyEyes1] #830609
02/26/15 08:43 PM
02/26/15 08:43 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: NickyEyes1
PB what do you think of Chiodo ratting? Why protect 2 psychopaths who tried to kill your sister?

Different story. There have certainly been instances where they created their own rats. Greg DePalma did it to Willie Marshall. Not as well known an instance, but a very good example in my book.

Re: Was Al D'Arco being overly paranoid .... [Re: Alfa Romeo] #830635
02/27/15 12:10 AM
02/27/15 12:10 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck

Sincere thanks for the Kudos, and I'm relieved you didn't take the post the wrong way....there are some very sensitive people around here.

I'm not an ogre, Alfa. And I sincerely apologize if I ever came across that way. This past year has been rough. My Dad's 85 and having a rough go of it lately, just suffered another setback, and eldercare is just about the most stressful thing for an impatient, middle-aged guy, who's used to being in charge, to have to endure. I honestly like to think I'm a pretty nice guy.

Sorry for going off topic. Back in NY with Dad for tests, heading back to Florida over the weekend, and can't sleep a wink.

So back on point: I've never seen Casso face-to-face. I'm a Bronx guy and he has almost twenty years on me. And who the fuck am I anyway but a mope who grew up around a bunch of guys like the ones discussed on this board? But I do remember a couple of his Bronx victims, hence my intense dislike for the man.

And you're right. That "60 Minutes" interview reminded me of a poorly acted episode of "Criminal Minds," which means it wasn't an act at all. Your theory about the proactive and preemptive jailing of reprobates and sociopaths like Casso has a lot of merit. It will never happen. But it works for me.

It's like these kids who are caught torturing animals at 15 years old. They're diagnosed as sociopaths and their parents are told that there's no cure for the sociopath. And what happens?

I'm not sure if a study has ever been done, but I'd be willing to bet that more than half of them end up incarcerated as violent felons. And the ones who don't just didn't get caught.

Now before anyone reminds me that I'm half crazy myself, I just want to point out that I honestly believe that there are more "good" people in this world than "bad." But in the extreme cases of that "bad" minority, getting proactive would save lives.

It's like the old and tired debate about killing Baby Hitler if you could go back in time. I'd smother the little bastard to Bruckner's Seventh Symphony (hey, I'm a history buff who appreciates irony).

Re: Was Al D'Arco being overly paranoid .... [Re: pizzaboy] #830637
02/27/15 12:55 AM
02/27/15 12:55 AM
Alfa Romeo Offline
Underboss
Alfa Romeo  Offline
Underboss
Pizza, you made me sad and happy in the same post. That's some gift you have.

With your gift I am certain that you can lift your father up. And I'm sure you already do.

Oh and I wasn't referring to you at all in alluding to the sensitive folk. I sort of offended a couple of great posters on another thread by being a little too blunt. But that's a common trait in Sagittarians, from what I've read.

Re: Was Al D'Arco being overly paranoid .... [Re: Tonytough] #830686
02/27/15 08:12 AM
02/27/15 08:12 AM
Hudson County NJ
D
DB Offline
Underboss
DB  Offline
D
Underboss
Hudson County NJ
Sorry about your father PB

I share your same thoughts on Casso and Amuso , even on a personal level

Those are 2 men I hope have been living out a truly miserable life and I believe they are

That family was stealthy strong , monster earners , real CN and they destroyed it for a time and killed people for no reason other than greed . Just terrible terrible human beings that deserve hell for destroying many people's lives . Outside of Anastasia , I'm not sure of any other admin that whacked regular civilians so easily shame .

Anyway hope things get better with the old man , by the way you describe him , he sounds like a good old school tough guy

Re: Was Al D'Arco being overly paranoid .... [Re: DB] #830687
02/27/15 08:21 AM
02/27/15 08:21 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: DB
Anyway hope things get better with the old man , by the way you describe him , he sounds like a good old school tough guy

All of the above.

Crazy old bastard wanted to go back to Florida today instead of tomorrow. But I put my foot down and told him that I needed a day to decompress. He asked me what the fuck decompress was supposed to mean, called me a Mary, then agreed to leave tomorrow morning. But he's still only grunting instead of talking. My biggest fear right now is reminding him that he can't have meat today because of Lent. If it's not too bitter out tonight I'll take him over to City Island for some scungilli.

And thanks, Kiddo. Much appreciated smile.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull