GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Irishman12, 1 invisible), 184 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,727
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,273
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,526
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,406
Posts1,060,299
Members10,349
Most Online911
Yesterday at 03:56 PM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Former La "M" Member (Mexican Mafia) RAT [Re: CleanBandit] #829674
02/20/15 05:45 PM
02/20/15 05:45 PM
NJ/CA
Alfanosgirl Offline OP
Underboss
Alfanosgirl  Offline OP
Underboss
NJ/CA
Originally Posted By: CleanBandit

You guys have to understand that these guys aren't your average mafiosis. They're kids who grew up in gang neighborhoods and got into the fast lifestyle(that's even more brutal than the Mafia's) very young. Rene himself mentioned he started using crack cocaine, I believe it was, when he was 13-14 years old. Others are much like him.

A hundred years ago this is EXACTLY what cosa nostra was. Most were petty thieves and did small time shit just like these gangsters. Same shit different ethnicity. Prohibition turned cosa nostra HOODS into more sophisticated criminals but there really is no difference between the American mafia a hundred years ago and these gangbangers of today.

I grew up with a lot of cholos (or vatos) that were bused into our schools. These kids were smarter than shit academically but by junior high school most of them just sniffed paint and sold drugs and committed crimes. A lot of them got pinched for selling drugs and are in prison doing 15 yrs for it and some are dead. One of my friends had to move and change his name just saw him last summer went to a concert with him. His father was a big time drug dealer, is in prison. They are like what cosa nostra was years ago. If you are getting in the way of them making money you are DEAD. No mercy.

Re: Former La "M" Member (Mexican Mafia) RAT [Re: Alfanosgirl] #829679
02/20/15 05:56 PM
02/20/15 05:56 PM
NJ/CA
Alfanosgirl Offline OP
Underboss
Alfanosgirl  Offline OP
Underboss
NJ/CA
Thanks for contributing to this thread. Really great posts.

This rat "Boxer" gives class lectures at UCI University of Irvine via video.

Will he actually walk free?

Re: Former La "M" Member (Mexican Mafia) RAT [Re: Alfanosgirl] #829685
02/20/15 06:03 PM
02/20/15 06:03 PM
Castellammare del Golfo
Malandrino Offline
Underboss
Malandrino  Offline
Underboss
Castellammare del Golfo
Originally Posted By: Alfanosgirl

I grew up with a lot of cholos (or vatos) that were bused into our schools. These kids were smarter than shit academically but by junior high school most of them just sniffed paint and sold drugs and committed crimes. A lot of them got pinched for selling drugs and are in prison doing 15 yrs for it and some are dead. One of my friends had to move and change his name just saw him last summer went to a concert with him. His father was a big time drug dealer, is in prison. They are like what cosa nostra was years ago. If you are getting in the way of them making money you are DEAD. No mercy.

Damn. Like Sonny says in "A Bronx Tale," there's nothing sadder in life than wasted talent.

...except for a wasted talent agent. tongue

-I shot him a coupla' times.
-What's a couple?
-Hmm, more than a couple... Really I don't know the exact amount, maybe I shot him 10 times, 12 times?
-Maybe fifteen?
-Hmm, it could've been fifteen...

-Anthony "Gaspipe" Casso
Re: Former La "M" Member (Mexican Mafia) RAT [Re: Alfanosgirl] #829694
02/20/15 06:35 PM
02/20/15 06:35 PM
N.E. Philly/Florida
PhillyMob Offline
Capo
PhillyMob  Offline
Capo
N.E. Philly/Florida
Originally Posted By: Alfanosgirl
Thanks for contributing to this thread. Really great posts.

This rat "Boxer" gives class lectures at UCI University of Irvine via video.

Will he actually walk free?

I would be astonished if he walked. But the government plays by it's own rules and they do as they please so who knows.

"My uncle(Nicky Scarfo) always told me, you have to use your brains in this thing, and you always have to use the gun." -"crazy" Phil Leonetti-
Re: Former La "M" Member (Mexican Mafia) RAT [Re: Alfanosgirl] #829712
02/20/15 07:56 PM
02/20/15 07:56 PM
NJ/CA
Alfanosgirl Offline OP
Underboss
Alfanosgirl  Offline OP
Underboss
NJ/CA

Re: Former La "M" Member (Mexican Mafia) RAT [Re: Alfanosgirl] #829728
02/20/15 11:40 PM
02/20/15 11:40 PM
CleanBandit Offline
Capo
CleanBandit  Offline
Capo
Alfosgirl, you are to a certain extent around about Cosa Nostra and today's gangbangers. However, I believe that today's gangbangers use a lot more drugs which cause them to be more violent.

As for Boxer walking out... I don't think so. He's serving what? 2-3 life sentences + added on years. He had been an informant for 13 years now. We'll see, I don't know much about the deals and whatnot so I can't really speculate, but I'd guess that he'd be out by now if it was going to happen.

Re: Former La "M" Member (Mexican Mafia) RAT [Re: Alfanosgirl] #829761
02/21/15 09:14 AM
02/21/15 09:14 AM
NJ/CA
Alfanosgirl Offline OP
Underboss
Alfanosgirl  Offline OP
Underboss
NJ/CA
Just read that Boxer is not going to walk free.

Gov. Jerry Brown rejected parole late Friday for a former Mexican Mafia killer who left the prison gang and has spent more than a decade cooperating with authorities and speaking at law enforcement conferences.

Brown acknowledged the valuable information Rene "Boxer" Enriquez has provided authorities, but said in a statement that the "positive steps" were ultimately "outweighed by negative factors that demonstrate he remains unsuitable for parole."

"When considered as a whole, I find the evidence shows that he currently poses an unreasonable danger to society if released from prison," Brown wrote.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-rene-enriquez-parole-decision-20150220-story.html

Re: Former La "M" Member (Mexican Mafia) RAT [Re: CleanBandit] #829851
02/21/15 07:40 PM
02/21/15 07:40 PM
NJ/CA
Alfanosgirl Offline OP
Underboss
Alfanosgirl  Offline OP
Underboss
NJ/CA
Originally Posted By: CleanBandit
Alfosgirl, you are to a certain extent around about Cosa Nostra and today's gangbangers. However, I believe that today's gangbangers use a lot more drugs which cause them to be more violent.

You are right. In the LA areas, Fresno, Hemet, and Santa Ana here in Orange Co there is more violence but it is getting better. It was a lot worse in the 1990's with the violence and drugs. Then they starting locking up generations of gang bangers. If you were affiliated with a gang and you were a teenager you'd get locked up until you were 25. That's how they solved the gang problem in southern California in the mid 90's.

You would be surprised to know that most of these guys I grew up with were NOT troublemaker types. This was the early to mid 80's when you still fought like men with your fists or a knife not with guns like cowards. These cholos did well in school, played sports, respected the teachers and staff, and blended in with the rest of us for the most part. There were maybe 3 or 4 that caused trouble. The ones dealing drugs were level headed guys who did not do the drugs they were selling. (A few did) It was a family business. Their fathers, uncles, older brothers brought them in once they were old enough to act like men. It was strictly weed and cocaine and "whack" which was pcp. Every so often there would be a turf war and things would go down but for the most part things were pretty peaceful.
When people started doing crystal meth and heroin then things changed. I wasn't around these guys then but heard that they missed the days when everyone was happy with a dime of weed and/or an 8 ball lol

Edit: AND I need to add that some did commit crimes can't forget that

Last edited by Alfanosgirl; 02/21/15 07:44 PM.
Re: Former La "M" Member (Mexican Mafia) RAT [Re: Alfanosgirl] #829859
02/21/15 09:08 PM
02/21/15 09:08 PM
S
SinatraClub Offline
Underboss
SinatraClub  Offline
S
Underboss
Blood In Blood Out is a pretty good film, I thought. The white character in that film is also based on Joe Pegleg Morgan. Its a lower quality film compared to American Me. But I think its a quality movie.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull