GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
5 registered members (Primo, BarrettM, U talkin' da me ??, Irishman12, JCrusher), 310 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,538
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,996
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,513
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,357
Posts1,059,158
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Re: Anthony Nicodemo pleads guilty [Re: DanteMoltisanti] #827292
02/06/15 10:07 AM
02/06/15 10:07 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: DanteMoltisanti
Pizza- Lots of respect and admiration thrown your way, seriously!

That's a lot to handle, I bet Throggs Neck was hit hard on 9/11 with residents' deaths from the Towers....Im guessing that a lot of Firemen lived in your neighborhood? I know a lot of those Irish Firemen live by your neck of the woods wink

Loads of cops and firemen in Throggs Neck. It's the Bronx equivalent of Breezy Point.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Anthony Nicodemo pleads guilty [Re: pizzaboy] #827293
02/06/15 10:14 AM
02/06/15 10:14 AM
ne philly
merlino Offline
jesus quintana
merlino  Offline
jesus quintana
Underboss
ne philly

Re: Anthony Nicodemo pleads guilty [Re: dave213] #827295
02/06/15 10:25 AM
02/06/15 10:25 AM
paris
M
miklo Offline
Capo
miklo  Offline
M
Capo
paris
is he going to be judged by a state court

Re: Anthony Nicodemo pleads guilty [Re: dave213] #827296
02/06/15 10:26 AM
02/06/15 10:26 AM
paris
M
miklo Offline
Capo
miklo  Offline
M
Capo
paris
or federal

Re: Anthony Nicodemo pleads guilty [Re: merlino] #827297
02/06/15 10:28 AM
02/06/15 10:28 AM
SonnyBlackstein Offline
Underboss
SonnyBlackstein  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: merlino
3rd degree murder.....

Wiki:

'Voluntary manslaughter (also referred to as third-degree murder), sometimes called a crime of passion murder, is any intentional killing that involved no prior intent to kill, and which was committed under such circumstances that would "cause a reasonable person to become emotionally or mentally disturbed". Both this and second-degree murder are committed on the spot, but the two differ in the magnitude of the circumstances surrounding the crime. For example, a bar fight that results in death would ordinarily constitute second-degree murder. If that same bar fight stemmed from a discovery of infidelity, however, it may be mitigated to voluntary manslaughter.[8]'

So Nicodemo has plead guilty to effectively a crime of passion. What a joke.

Throw the book at him.

MORGAN: Why didn't you fight him at the park if you wanted to? I'm not goin' now, I'm eatin' my snack.
CHUCKIE: Morgan, Let's go.
MORGAN: I'm serious Chuckie, I ain't goin'.
WILL: So don't go.
Re: Anthony Nicodemo pleads guilty [Re: SonnyBlackstein] #827300
02/06/15 10:44 AM
02/06/15 10:44 AM
ne philly
merlino Offline
jesus quintana
merlino  Offline
jesus quintana
Underboss
ne philly
state charge 10 years?

Last edited by merlino; 02/06/15 10:48 AM.
Re: Anthony Nicodemo pleads guilty [Re: dave213] #827303
02/06/15 11:01 AM
02/06/15 11:01 AM
T
tjonezee Offline
Made Member
tjonezee  Offline
T
Made Member
3rd degree murder in the state of PA carries a range of 20-40. Are we under the impression that nicodemo has agreed to a specific length of sentence? Or is the charge the only agreed upon deal?

Re: Anthony Nicodemo pleads guilty [Re: Oscarthedago] #827304
02/06/15 11:05 AM
02/06/15 11:05 AM
T
TommyGambino Offline
Underboss
TommyGambino  Offline
T
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Oscarthedago
Originally Posted By: TommyGambino
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
So much for him flipping. Everyone was positive he'd flip, just because he's young. Not everyone turns lads!

Do we know yet?

I don't know, I'm just asking. Because there's nothing so far but a Twitter tweet (or whatever you call it lol).

lol Twitter is ridiculous, full of attention seeking homo's. He'd have flipped a year ago if he was going to surely.

I don't understand why 99% of people thought he'd flip, 99% of made guys don't flip.

Where did you get that figure? Made guys today aren't even close to being as stand up as the old timers. LCN is limping all around the country. Do you have a source for the 99% number? Rats are everywhere, more so today than ever before. Nicodemo will cooperate from prison but may not testify against anybody direct.

Just look at the amount of made guys who have turned informant, it's a very small percentage.

Re: Anthony Nicodemo pleads guilty [Re: merlino] #827305
02/06/15 11:07 AM
02/06/15 11:07 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
state charge 10 years?

Forget that. He's getting twenty no matter which way you cut it. If I'm wrong I'll gladly admit it. It still beats life without by leaps and bounds. Because he may come home an old man, but it's it's better than never coming home at all.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Anthony Nicodemo pleads guilty [Re: dave213] #827308
02/06/15 11:14 AM
02/06/15 11:14 AM
T
TommyGambino Offline
Underboss
TommyGambino  Offline
T
Underboss
How old is Nicodemo? 41, 42? If he does 15 years he'll only be as old as PB lol

Hasn't Nicodemo got young children? And a sexy wife, I doubt she'll stick by him.

Re: Anthony Nicodemo pleads guilty [Re: Dwalin2011] #827309
02/06/15 11:18 AM
02/06/15 11:18 AM
T
TommyGambino Offline
Underboss
TommyGambino  Offline
T
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Dwalin2011
Originally Posted By: Dwalin2011
I hoped for a life in prison or death sentence in the first verdict to press him into flipping and then they could have given him whatever they want, even a ridiculously light sentence. I don't understand people who are happy he didn't flip, because that means we won't learn anything new and interesting about the recent history of the Philly mob.

Who has expressed joy about him not flipping in this thread?

Not here and not now. But the matter has been discussed for a long time on at least 3 forums, not counting comments on various articles on internet and there definitely were some people who cared more about Nicodemo being a "stand-up guy" than squeezing information out of him. Don't remember who exactly.

As were all mob geeks we'd all love him to spill his guts lol I suppose in a way it is good to see him stand up and take his punishment like a man, he made the retarded decision to take part in a murder in his own neighbourhood probably coked out of his head.

BTW, I'm not a fan of any criminals but fair play to him if he doesn't talk. It's his fault, nobody elses.

Re: Anthony Nicodemo pleads guilty [Re: TommyGambino] #827311
02/06/15 11:26 AM
02/06/15 11:26 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
How old is Nicodemo? 41, 42? If he does 15 years he'll only be as old as PB lol

Hasn't Nicodemo got young children? And a sexy wife, I doubt she'll stick by him.

That's hysterical. Someone just said 25 to 50, so parole isn't automatic. No way he does less than 20.

Re: Anthony Nicodemo pleads guilty [Re: dave213] #827314
02/06/15 11:28 AM
02/06/15 11:28 AM
ne philly
merlino Offline
jesus quintana
merlino  Offline
jesus quintana
Underboss
ne philly
Aside from a couple clowns in s philly, they seem to all do their time and shut up....it should be interesting to see if he is thrown that 20 year sentence, with his kids and wife outside, id imagine the wife and kid love their family, freinds and life in s philly and maybe he knows that and will do the right thing....but as been said on here before the consequences of being a rat just are not the same as they were 20 - 30 years ago

Re: Anthony Nicodemo pleads guilty [Re: dave213] #827318
02/06/15 11:51 AM
02/06/15 11:51 AM
T
TommyGambino Offline
Underboss
TommyGambino  Offline
T
Underboss
Won't be long before Leonetti pops up and encourages Nicodemo to flip, 'This life is no good' etc

Re: Anthony Nicodemo pleads guilty [Re: merlino] #827319
02/06/15 11:54 AM
02/06/15 11:54 AM
T
TommyGambino Offline
Underboss
TommyGambino  Offline
T
Underboss
Aside from a couple clowns in s philly, they seem to all do their time and shut up....it should be interesting to see if he is thrown that 20 year sentence, with his kids and wife outside, id imagine the wife and kid love their family, freinds and life in s philly and maybe he knows that and will do the right thing....but as been said on here before the consequences of being a rat just are not the same as they were 20 - 30 years ago

That is true, the Merlino guys are loyal. Probably because most of them are childhood friends.

Re: Anthony Nicodemo pleads guilty [Re: pizzaboy] #827325
02/06/15 12:23 PM
02/06/15 12:23 PM
D
dave213 Offline OP
Button
dave213  Offline OP
D
Button
Dave Schratwieser @DSchratwieser · 6m 6 minutes ago
.@FOX29philly South Philly wiseguy Anthony Nicodemo guilty of murder, conspiracy & gun charge. Gets 25-50yrs.#fox29

https://twitter.com/DSchratwieser/status/563793124754210816

Re: Anthony Nicodemo pleads guilty [Re: dave213] #827326
02/06/15 12:34 PM
New Jersey
Dellacroce Offline
Underboss
Dellacroce  Offline
Underboss
New Jersey
Nicodemo Gets 25-50 For DiPietro Murder
By George Anastasia
For Bigtrial.net

He's a throwback, a standup guy in a mob decimated by turncoat witnesses.

And as a result, he's looking at 23 more years in state prison.

On the eve of his retrial for the December 2012 murder of Gino DiPietro, mobster Anthony Nicodemo pleaded guilty this morning to third degree murder, conspiracy and weapons charges.

Common Pleas Court Judge Jeffrey P. Minehart, under the terms of a plea deal, sentenced the reputed South Philadelphia hitman to a minimum of 25 years in prison. With two years already served, Nicodemo, 43, will be able to apply for parole in 2038.

According to several sources, Nicodemo rejected offers to cooperate that could have resulted in substantially less jail time. The married father of two young children opted instead to live by an underworld code that has been shattered again and again by members of the Philadelphia mob.

Omerta, the code of silence, is like the Liberty Bell, broke and inoperative. So many members and associates of the Philadelphia mob have chosen to cooperate that the once secret society has crumbled.

But Nicodemo, who is also a suspect in the murder of mobster John "Johnny Gongs" Casasanto, proved to be old school.

"He could have walked out the door," said one source in the legal community who said federal authorities were prepared to go to bat for the bulky mob enforcer had he decided to cooperate.

Nicodemo's lawyer, Brian McMonagle, declined to discuss specifics of the plea negotiation, but said, "Anthony did this for his family. He will be coming home."

But not any time soon, a prospect that could result in the feds making another run at him.

"If he were going to cooperate, he would have done it already," said another source, pointing out that it's more complicated to work out a deal with good benefits after you've been sentenced.

Dressed in a blue shirt, tie and slacks, his hands cuffed in front of him, Nicodemo said little other than "yes," "no" and "guilty" in response to questions posed during the brief, 15-minute proceeding.

He nodded and smiled to family members and friends who had packed the 11th floor courtroom but declined an offer from Minehart to address the court before sentencing. Minehart imposed a 20-to40 year term for the third degree murder charge and a concurrent five-to-10 for the conspiracy count. The weapons offenses resulted in slightly lesser sentences that were to run concurrent.

As a result, the overall sentence was 25-to-50 years, the range agreed upon in pre-sentence negotiations.

In a brief statement to the judge, DiPietro's sister said, "by no stretch of the imagination is this a happy day for anyone here." She was one of several members of DiPietro's family who also attended the hearing.

"My brother will always and forever be missed," she said.

Authorities have never disclosed a motive for the DiPietro shooting. The convicted drug dealer, who may have been cooperating with authorities, was gunned down shortly before 3 p.m. on December 12, 2012. The shooting occurred in the 2800 block of Iseminger Street, not far from his home.

Nicodemo was arrested minutes later after a witness told police he saw a masked gunman jump into a waiting Honda Pilot which sped from the scene. A license tag led police to Nicodemo's door in the 3200 block of South 17th Street, a five-minute drive from the murder scene.

He was taken into custody that day and after obtaining a search warrant police found a .357 Smith&Wesson automatic under the driver's seat of the Honda which was parked behind his house. Assistant District Attorney Brian Zarallo said ballistics proved that the gun was the murder weapon.

Jury selection was set to begin on Monday for Nicodemo's retrial. His first trial in May ended after four days when three of the 14 jurors (two were alternates) had been dismissed for various reasons. With only 11 jurors Minehart was forced to declare a mistrial.

In his opening statement during that trial, Zarallo said Nicodemo was the getaway driver for the murder but was just as culpable as the shooter. The DA identified South Philadelphia mob associate Domenic Grande as the suspected hitman. Grande has never been charged. That investigation is continuing, according to police sources.

Nicodemo's defense, presented in McMonagle's opening in May, was considered bizarre and outlandish to most observers. He claimed that he was carjacked that afternoon by a masked gunman who ordered him to drive away. The gunman jumped out of the Honda a few blocks from the murder scene, but left the gun behind.

One of the dismissed jurors in the first trial called that argument ridiculous. Nicodemo offered that defense at trial, but never mentioned the alleged carjacking at the time of his arrest or during the nearly two years he sat in prison denied bail.

Sources say Nicodemo could have worked out a much better plea deal if he had decided to cooperate and provide details about both the DiPietro shooting and the murder of Casasanto. The Casasanto hit which occurred in 2003 is one of three unsolved mob murders that city police and federal authorities had hoped to lay on the doorstep of then mob boss Joseph "Uncle Joe" Ligambi and his administration.

Ironically, Ligambi, 73, and several top associates were on trial for racketeering at the time the DiPietro hit was carried out. Ligambi beat the racketeering charges -- built around gambling, loansharking and extortion -- at two trials and was released last year.

He is now said to be semi-retired and serving as the consigliere in a crime family being overseen by a three-man committee comprised of street bosses Steve Mazzone, John Ciancaglini and Philip Narducci.

Nicodemo heads off to prison, law enforcement sources say, while the local mob tries to regroup and return to the shadows where making money rather than headlines is paramount.

"He's a young guy but he's a dinosaur," said the legal source. "Look at all the guys his age who have cooperated and gotten out. He's a throwback to another generation."

Nicodemo will have a long time to ponder his decision. He will be 66 when he can first apply for release, according to legal experts, and, they add, there is no guarantee that he will be sprung the first time he is eligible.

"Let me tell you something. There's no nobility in poverty. I've been a poor man, and I've been a rich man. And I choose rich every fucking time."

-Jordan Belfort
Re: Anthony Nicodemo pleads guilty [Re: dave213] #827327
New Jersey
Dellacroce Offline
Underboss
Dellacroce  Offline
Underboss
New Jersey
Nicodemo Gets 25-50 For DiPietro Murder
By George Anastasia
For Bigtrial.net

He's a throwback, a standup guy in a mob decimated by turncoat witnesses.

And as a result, he's looking at 23 more years in state prison.

On the eve of his retrial for the December 2012 murder of Gino DiPietro, mobster Anthony Nicodemo pleaded guilty this morning to third degree murder, conspiracy and weapons charges.

Common Pleas Court Judge Jeffrey P. Minehart, under the terms of a plea deal, sentenced the reputed South Philadelphia hitman to a minimum of 25 years in prison. With two years already served, Nicodemo, 43, will be able to apply for parole in 2038.

According to several sources, Nicodemo rejected offers to cooperate that could have resulted in substantially less jail time. The married father of two young children opted instead to live by an underworld code that has been shattered again and again by members of the Philadelphia mob.

Omerta, the code of silence, is like the Liberty Bell, broke and inoperative. So many members and associates of the Philadelphia mob have chosen to cooperate that the once secret society has crumbled.

But Nicodemo, who is also a suspect in the murder of mobster John "Johnny Gongs" Casasanto, proved to be old school.

"He could have walked out the door," said one source in the legal community who said federal authorities were prepared to go to bat for the bulky mob enforcer had he decided to cooperate.

Nicodemo's lawyer, Brian McMonagle, declined to discuss specifics of the plea negotiation, but said, "Anthony did this for his family. He will be coming home."

But not any time soon, a prospect that could result in the feds making another run at him.

"If he were going to cooperate, he would have done it already," said another source, pointing out that it's more complicated to work out a deal with good benefits after you've been sentenced.

Dressed in a blue shirt, tie and slacks, his hands cuffed in front of him, Nicodemo said little other than "yes," "no" and "guilty" in response to questions posed during the brief, 15-minute proceeding.

He nodded and smiled to family members and friends who had packed the 11th floor courtroom but declined an offer from Minehart to address the court before sentencing. Minehart imposed a 20-to40 year term for the third degree murder charge and a concurrent five-to-10 for the conspiracy count. The weapons offenses resulted in slightly lesser sentences that were to run concurrent.

As a result, the overall sentence was 25-to-50 years, the range agreed upon in pre-sentence negotiations.

In a brief statement to the judge, DiPietro's sister said, "by no stretch of the imagination is this a happy day for anyone here." She was one of several members of DiPietro's family who also attended the hearing.

"My brother will always and forever be missed," she said.

Authorities have never disclosed a motive for the DiPietro shooting. The convicted drug dealer, who may have been cooperating with authorities, was gunned down shortly before 3 p.m. on December 12, 2012. The shooting occurred in the 2800 block of Iseminger Street, not far from his home.

Nicodemo was arrested minutes later after a witness told police he saw a masked gunman jump into a waiting Honda Pilot which sped from the scene. A license tag led police to Nicodemo's door in the 3200 block of South 17th Street, a five-minute drive from the murder scene.

He was taken into custody that day and after obtaining a search warrant police found a .357 Smith&Wesson automatic under the driver's seat of the Honda which was parked behind his house. Assistant District Attorney Brian Zarallo said ballistics proved that the gun was the murder weapon.

Jury selection was set to begin on Monday for Nicodemo's retrial. His first trial in May ended after four days when three of the 14 jurors (two were alternates) had been dismissed for various reasons. With only 11 jurors Minehart was forced to declare a mistrial.

In his opening statement during that trial, Zarallo said Nicodemo was the getaway driver for the murder but was just as culpable as the shooter. The DA identified South Philadelphia mob associate Domenic Grande as the suspected hitman. Grande has never been charged. That investigation is continuing, according to police sources.

Nicodemo's defense, presented in McMonagle's opening in May, was considered bizarre and outlandish to most observers. He claimed that he was carjacked that afternoon by a masked gunman who ordered him to drive away. The gunman jumped out of the Honda a few blocks from the murder scene, but left the gun behind.

One of the dismissed jurors in the first trial called that argument ridiculous. Nicodemo offered that defense at trial, but never mentioned the alleged carjacking at the time of his arrest or during the nearly two years he sat in prison denied bail.

Sources say Nicodemo could have worked out a much better plea deal if he had decided to cooperate and provide details about both the DiPietro shooting and the murder of Casasanto. The Casasanto hit which occurred in 2003 is one of three unsolved mob murders that city police and federal authorities had hoped to lay on the doorstep of then mob boss Joseph "Uncle Joe" Ligambi and his administration.

Ironically, Ligambi, 73, and several top associates were on trial for racketeering at the time the DiPietro hit was carried out. Ligambi beat the racketeering charges -- built around gambling, loansharking and extortion -- at two trials and was released last year.

He is now said to be semi-retired and serving as the consigliere in a crime family being overseen by a three-man committee comprised of street bosses Steve Mazzone, John Ciancaglini and Philip Narducci.

Nicodemo heads off to prison, law enforcement sources say, while the local mob tries to regroup and return to the shadows where making money rather than headlines is paramount.

"He's a young guy but he's a dinosaur," said the legal source. "Look at all the guys his age who have cooperated and gotten out. He's a throwback to another generation."

Nicodemo will have a long time to ponder his decision. He will be 66 when he can first apply for release, according to legal experts, and, they add, there is no guarantee that he will be sprung the first time he is eligible.

"Let me tell you something. There's no nobility in poverty. I've been a poor man, and I've been a rich man. And I choose rich every fucking time."

-Jordan Belfort
Re: Anthony Nicodemo pleads guilty [Re: dave213] #827328
02/06/15 12:36 PM
02/06/15 12:36 PM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

It probably wasn't a sanctioned hit. Personal. And the feds know they can't pin it on anyone hire up. So they let the state take him of the street for 15 20. The d.a. never had a motive for the killing. They just said he did it or was the driver.

Re: Anthony Nicodemo pleads guilty [Re: dave213] #827329
02/06/15 12:37 PM
02/06/15 12:37 PM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

Nico had drop the line on a wire I don't care if john gotti wants some money youse come to me

Re: Anthony Nicodemo pleads guilty [Re: dave213] #827336
02/06/15 01:11 PM
02/06/15 01:11 PM
It's cold in the north
P
Primo Online crying
Capo
Primo  Online Crying
P
Capo
It's cold in the north
By the time he gets out what will be left of the Philly Mob?

I've walked along the red canal of mars
I've known kings and king makers
Poets painters and paupers
I've danced danced on the rings of Saturn
Still your pilgrim soul is the only thing that ever mattered
Re: Anthony Nicodemo pleads guilty [Re: Primo] #827341
02/06/15 01:49 PM
02/06/15 01:49 PM
S
Southphilly4ever Offline
Made Member
Southphilly4ever  Offline
S
Made Member
Originally Posted By: Primo
By the time he gets out what will be left of the Philly Mob?

People asked the same thing over 25 years ago when Scarfo and co. went away. The Philly mob is still here and if you ask me seems to have more guys on the street now than the Merlino era did.

Re: Anthony Nicodemo pleads guilty [Re: dave213] #827342
02/06/15 01:58 PM
02/06/15 01:58 PM
T
TommyGambino Offline
Underboss
TommyGambino  Offline
T
Underboss
So Anastasia thinks Narducci is on a 3 man panel running the family with Chang and Mazzone, that was probably the only way they could stop him from causing trouble, smart move.

Only acknowledges Dom Grande as an associate, that's odd. I thought it was common knowledge that he was made in 2011.

Re: Anthony Nicodemo pleads guilty [Re: SonnyBlackstein] #827344
02/06/15 02:06 PM
02/06/15 02:06 PM
NJ
F
FrankMazola Offline
Underboss
FrankMazola  Offline
F
Underboss
NJ
Originally Posted By: SonnyBlackstein
3rd degree murder.....

Wiki:

'Voluntary manslaughter (also referred to as third-degree murder), sometimes called a crime of passion murder, is any intentional killing that involved no prior intent to kill, and which was committed under such circumstances that would "cause a reasonable person to become emotionally or mentally disturbed". Both this and second-degree murder are committed on the spot, but the two differ in the magnitude of the circumstances surrounding the crime. For example, a bar fight that results in death would ordinarily constitute second-degree murder. If that same bar fight stemmed from a discovery of infidelity, however, it may be mitigated to voluntary manslaughter.[8]'

So Nicodemo has plead guilty to effectively a crime of passion. What a joke.

Throw the book at him.

Let's not pull the legal info off of wikipedia, but check out what Pennsylvania means when THEY say Murder 3rd.

18 Pennsylvania Consolidated Statutes Annotated (C.S.A.) § 2502§ 2502.
Murder
(a) Murder of the first degree.--A criminal homicide constitutes murder of the first degree when it is committed by an intentional killing.
(b) Murder of the second degree.--A criminal homicide constitutes murder of the second degree when it is committed while defendant was engaged as a principal or an accomplice in the perpetration of a felony.
(c) Murder of the third degree.--All other kinds of murder shall be murder of the third degree. Murder of the third degree is a felony of the first degree.

18 Pa. Cons. Stat. Ann. § 2502 (West)

Whether or not it looks like a mafia hit or not, all the evidence the prosecutors have is that a murder took place. There is no planning evidence, at least not enough to sufficiently charge AN with Murder 1. So you go to Murder 2, in PA Murder 2 is just "Felony Murder" (a specific classification of murders. These are murders that were committed as a byproduct of a crime. If we robbed a liquor store and you shot a guy in the process of our felony, we both could get charged with Felony Murder (here, Murder 2). So, while a prosecutor could make a weak case that in the process of his "mafia duties", AN whacked the guy out… therefore Felony Murder Rule applies. But that would be weak. So, lets go to Murder 3. Here in Pennsylvania, that is "all other levels of homicide". So he has NOT been charged with a "voluntary manslaughter" or any kind of depraved heart murder. It's simply their version of what the Model Penal Code calls (and we know colloquially as) "Murder 2".

Last edited by FrankMazola; 02/06/15 02:14 PM.

F. Mazola, Esq.
Re: Anthony Nicodemo pleads guilty [Re: FrankMazola] #827348
02/06/15 03:10 PM
02/06/15 03:10 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
^^^^It's all moot, Frank:

He's not even eligible for parole until 2038, when he'll be almost 70. And parole is never a guarantee, especially when it comes to violent crimes. Kudos to for him for standing up. But he has a looooooong stretch ahead of him.

Re: Anthony Nicodemo pleads guilty [Re: dave213] #827351
02/06/15 03:30 PM
02/06/15 03:30 PM
D
Dwalin2011 Offline
Underboss
Dwalin2011  Offline
D
Underboss
Don't be a bore, Tony, talk! Being "stand-up" isn't worth it. We are longing for new books and documentaries about the current mafia in Philadelphia!

Willie Marfeo to Henry Tameleo:

1) "You people want a loaf of bread and you throw the crumbs back. Well, fuck you. I ain't closing down."

2) "Get out of here, old man. Go tell Raymond to go shit in his hat. We're not giving you anything."
Re: Anthony Nicodemo pleads guilty [Re: dave213] #827353
02/06/15 03:35 PM
02/06/15 03:35 PM
Longislandguy14 Offline
Made Member
Longislandguy14  Offline
Made Member
Wow. The dumbest hit in mob history and the guy doesn't flip. I guess that's irony for ya. I can honestly say I am surprised.
IF dom was the shooter I'm guessing he is sending cash to Nicodemos family for a good while. and IF the philly fam is still around in 2040 Nicodemo might come out a captain.
25-50 years though? That's a whole lotta IFs.
Interesting stuff.

Re: Anthony Nicodemo pleads guilty [Re: Longislandguy14] #827354
02/06/15 03:44 PM
02/06/15 03:44 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: Longislandguy14
Wow. The dumbest hit in mob history and the guy doesn't flip. I guess that's irony for ya. I can honestly say I am surprised.
IF dom was the shooter I'm guessing he is sending cash to Nicodemos family for a good while. and IF the philly fam is still around in 2040 Nicodemo might come out a captain.
25-50 years though? That's a whole lotta IFs.
Interesting stuff.

The best analogy I can make is Gene Gotti because he was roughly Nicodemo's age when he went in back in '89. All these years later and people are still speculating online about what will happen when he comes home in a few years.

But the guy already lost more than a third of his life in prison, looks like death on a cracker now (let alone three years from now), and there's no guarantee as to what his position will be if he makes it to his release. And who really cares?

Stand up guys, no doubt. But they're both cautionary tales about the life.

Re: Anthony Nicodemo pleads guilty [Re: pizzaboy] #827356
02/06/15 03:59 PM
02/06/15 03:59 PM
Longislandguy14 Offline
Made Member
Longislandguy14  Offline
Made Member
True

Re: Anthony Nicodemo pleads guilty [Re: pizzaboy] #827359
02/06/15 04:31 PM
02/06/15 04:31 PM
It's cold in the north
P
Primo Online crying
Capo
Primo  Online Crying
P
Capo
It's cold in the north
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy

Stand up guys, no doubt. But they're both cautionary tales about the life.

Dino Saracino too in the fact that he was similar in age and got that 50 yr sentence.

I've walked along the red canal of mars
I've known kings and king makers
Poets painters and paupers
I've danced danced on the rings of Saturn
Still your pilgrim soul is the only thing that ever mattered
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull