Originally Posted By: downtown
Carmine Galante killing Carlo Tresca for Vito Genovese , and Albert Anastasis ordering the murder of Arnold Schuster blowing out his eyes for giving up Willie Sutton.

Joe Bonano pretty much coped to the Tresca murder.

I've never been able to figure out why people beleived the logic that Genovese reached-out across an ocean during the biggest war in history (between two countries at war-usually it's kind of hard to communicate when that happens) to plan a murder in New York to impress Mussilini.

Much less the logic that someone outside of his old crew would do it. In 1943 Genovese was in exlie in a nation at war with America, at the time one would have to assume that there was zero chance he was ever coming back to America.

Who would do a hit for a guy with no pull in America at the time and who had allied himself with Mossolini, a person who most cosa nostra guys reviled for repressing their friends, business associates and relatives back home?

That theory has never made sense.

This life of ours, this is a wonderful life. If you can get through life like this, hey, thats great. But it's very, very unpredictable. There are so many ways you can screw it up.-Paul Castellano (he would know)

"I'm not talking about Italians, I'm talking about criminals."-Joe Valachi