GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (furio_from_naples), 139 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,452
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,860
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,511
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,321
Posts1,058,502
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: U.S. snipers, hereos, or not? [Re: LittleNicky] #826404
01/30/15 05:46 PM
01/30/15 05:46 PM
D
Dwalin2011 Offline
Underboss
Dwalin2011  Offline
D
Underboss
Originally Posted By: LittleNicky
At the point a society no longer honors their own warriors, it is a guaranteed indicator you are living in a dying, failing civilization that has lost basic faith in itself and its purpose.

The world itself is a big failure, fact proven by existence of such things as wars and warriors. It has always been like that, but that doesn't mean it's a good thing. Humans are violent, but it doesn't mean it should be praised.
Maybe somebody likes seeng people having their heads blown off,and their intestines being knifed out of the body or things like gassings with chemical weapons, I don't, sorry.

Willie Marfeo to Henry Tameleo:

1) "You people want a loaf of bread and you throw the crumbs back. Well, fuck you. I ain't closing down."

2) "Get out of here, old man. Go tell Raymond to go shit in his hat. We're not giving you anything."
Re: U.S. snipers, hereos, or not? [Re: yigido] #826406
01/30/15 05:51 PM
01/30/15 05:51 PM
D
Dwalin2011 Offline
Underboss
Dwalin2011  Offline
D
Underboss
Originally Posted By: yigido
Originally Posted By: Footreads
Once we went into Iraq who gives a fuck with saddam allowed. We could have done whatever we wanted.
as the saying goes: To the victor goes the spoils.

And another thing about Iraq. Double, triple endless fuck everybody who was reponsible for the liberation of non-political prisoners in Baghdad and what those thugs did to the local museums. Couldn't the American commanders have been more selective and let go the victims of the regime only? Why should the underworld benefit?
It's like in Sicily during WWII: Sicily free of fascism - all mafiosi out of prison!

1) "You people want a loaf of bread and you throw the crumbs back. Well, fuck you. I ain't closing down."

2) "Get out of here, old man. Go tell Raymond to go shit in his hat. We're not giving you anything."
Re: U.S. snipers, hereos, or not? [Re: Dwalin2011] #826407
01/30/15 05:53 PM
01/30/15 05:53 PM
yigido Offline
Capo
yigido  Offline
Capo
Originally Posted By: Dwalin2011
At the point a society no longer honors their own warriors, it is a guaranteed indicator you are living in a dying, failing civilization that has lost basic faith in itself and its purpose.

The world itself is a big failure, fact proven by existence of such things as wars and warriors. It has always been like that, but that doesn't mean it's a good thing. Humans are violent, but it doesn't mean it should be praised.
Maybe somebody likes seeng people having their heads blown off,and their intestines being knifed out of the body or things like gassings with chemical weapons, I don't, sorry.

A society honoring its warriors doesnt mean they like seeing people get killed. It is the fact that these people sacrifice their lifes for the people that can't defend themselves against violence whether it be an enemy soldier or a psycho killer.

Re: U.S. snipers, hereos, or not? [Re: yigido] #826411
01/30/15 06:02 PM
01/30/15 06:02 PM
D
Dwalin2011 Offline
Underboss
Dwalin2011  Offline
D
Underboss
Originally Posted By: yigido

A society honoring its warriors doesnt mean they like seeing people get killed. It is the fact that these people sacrifice their lifes for the people that can't defend themselves against violence whether it be an enemy soldier or a psycho killer.

If it really was the motivation behind all the soldiers in the world, I couldn't agree more with your statement. The problem is I don't believe it. I simply don't.
For example, if I talk about Russia, a country I am more entitled to talk to since I was born there rather than the USA: there was a case when an auto with a group of peasants were stopped for perquisition, suspected of being terrorists. Some colonel, after hearing the report that nothing was found, ordered them all to be shot anyway, and the official simply transmitted the order which was executed to the fullest.
To sum it up: several innocent peasants have been killed on order of a paranoic who just didn't like Chechens or thought all Chechens are terrorists. Even if he genuinely believed he protected his country from bombings, attacks or whatever the Chechens do in revenge, does is excuse him anyhow? Does it excuse the official who says he just "obeyed the order".
I don't consider these people as defenders of my country. I don't feel like I own him my life even if in the process they killed some "bad guy" as well. I consider wrong the rule "execute any order without distinction because it's your commander who gives it".

Last edited by Dwalin2011; 01/30/15 06:03 PM.

Re: U.S. snipers, hereos, or not? [Re: Dwalin2011] #826418
01/30/15 06:26 PM
01/30/15 06:26 PM
Upstate, NY
thedudeabides87 Offline
Underboss
thedudeabides87  Offline
Underboss
Upstate, NY

Does it excuse the official who says he just "obeyed the order".

The "Nuremberg Defense" set international precedent saying that you following orders is not an acceptable defense.

But do you go after the person who executed the order, who if they did not follow it could be shot or sent to a military prison.

The Dude: And, you know, he's got emotional problems, man.
Walter Sobchak: You mean... beyond pacifism?

Walter Sobchak: This guy f*cking walks. I've never been so sure of anything in my entire life
Re: U.S. snipers, hereos, or not? [Re: LittleNicky] #826593
01/31/15 04:24 PM
01/31/15 04:24 PM
far, northwest
Binnie_Coll Offline OP
Underboss
Binnie_Coll  Offline OP
Underboss
far, northwest

it started in Vietnam, when you had the president, and the generals lying to the people about the war. when the marines took a hill [hamburger hill] and lost 234 men ioo6 wounded, thought they won the battle, when they left the hill, 3 days later the cong took it back.

sign on a tree on the hill, after the marines left. "was it worth it" maybe you are too young to remember the time Vietnam vets went to Washington and threw their medals away. there was no front line, no objective, It was an idiotic war.

now we are friends with communist Vietnam, trading partners. with good relations, what was gained? 60.ooo dead, for what? the wars now? a sniper coming back bragging about his kills, he even re-enlists so he can kill more. its a volunteer army.

they are mercenaries, brave yes, but, what is the wars endgame? does anyone know? just like 50 years ago, wheres the front line. wheres the progress? where is the return for trillions of dollars spent?

and the biggest question of all. why let the muslims come here? this country is full of them.

" watch what you say around this guy, he's got a big mouth" sam giancana to an outfit soldier about frank Sinatra. [ from the book "my way"
Re: U.S. snipers, hereos, or not? [Re: Binnie_Coll] #826599
01/31/15 04:36 PM
01/31/15 04:36 PM
BAM_233 Offline
Underboss
BAM_233  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Binnie_Coll

it started in Vietnam, when you had the president, and the generals lying to the people about the war. when the marines took a hill [hamburger hill] and lost 234 men ioo6 wounded, thought they won the battle, when they left the hill, 3 days later the cong took it back.

sign on a tree on the hill, after the marines left. "was it worth it" maybe you are too young to remember the time Vietnam vets went to Washington and threw their medals away. there was no front line, no objective, It was an idiotic war.

now we are friends with communist Vietnam, trading partners. with good relations, what was gained? 60.ooo dead, for what? the wars now? a sniper coming back bragging about his kills, he even re-enlists so he can kill more. its a volunteer army.

they are mercenaries, brave yes, but, what is the wars endgame? does anyone know? just like 50 years ago, wheres the front line. wheres the progress? where is the return for trillions of dollars spent?

and the biggest question of all. why let the muslims come here? this country is full of them.

Did it really start in Vietnam or Korea? Another idiotic war.

Re: U.S. snipers, hereos, or not? [Re: Binnie_Coll] #826602
01/31/15 04:40 PM
01/31/15 04:40 PM
yigido Offline
Capo
yigido  Offline
Capo

I don't get this, people say it is almost impossible to go to the US, how come that Muslims as you say can go so easily. Damn I am trying to go for an exchange program to NY and the requirements to visit the US for just 5 months are so strict that I cant imagine Arabs, afghans etc. immigrating so easily to the US confused

Re: U.S. snipers, hereos, or not? [Re: Binnie_Coll] #826614
01/31/15 05:00 PM
01/31/15 05:00 PM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss
When US soldiers first went to Iraq and afganstan they had a day for the wounded soldiers at my local park who came back to the US

These guys were not glad to get out. To a man the wounded soldiers wanted to go back. Even guys who lost a limb wanted to help and go back in some capacity.

In my eyes they just were patriots true American hero's.

only the unloved hate
Re: U.S. snipers, hereos, or not? [Re: Binnie_Coll] #826635
01/31/15 07:18 PM
01/31/15 07:18 PM
Upstate, NY
thedudeabides87 Offline
Underboss
thedudeabides87  Offline
Underboss
Upstate, NY

The Muslim population in the US is not a big as most think, only about 1%. If they are law abiding citizens what is the problem with allowing a Muslim live here

The Dude: And, you know, he's got emotional problems, man.
Walter Sobchak: You mean... beyond pacifism?

Walter Sobchak: This guy f*cking walks. I've never been so sure of anything in my entire life
Re: U.S. snipers, hereos, or not? [Re: thedudeabides87] #826646
01/31/15 08:52 PM
01/31/15 08:52 PM
far, northwest
Binnie_Coll Offline OP
Underboss
Binnie_Coll  Offline OP
Underboss
far, northwest
Originally Posted By: thedudeabides87

The Muslim population in the US is not a big as most think, only about 1%. If they are law abiding citizens what is the problem with allowing a Muslim live here

nothing, we are the land of the free, however im a little wary of a lot of them, maybe I should not be, but I am.

" watch what you say around this guy, he's got a big mouth" sam giancana to an outfit soldier about frank Sinatra. [ from the book "my way"
Re: U.S. snipers, hereos, or not? [Re: Binnie_Coll] #826653
01/31/15 10:56 PM
01/31/15 10:56 PM
BAM_233 Offline
Underboss
BAM_233  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: thedudeabides87

nothing, we are the land of the free, however im a little wary of a lot of them, maybe I should not be, but I am.

In all honestly you should be wary of everybody. You just never know with some people, and their minds.

Re: U.S. snipers, hereos, or not? [Re: Dwalin2011] #826839
02/02/15 04:38 PM
02/02/15 04:38 PM
Cajunland
LaLouisiane Offline
Cajun Mafia
LaLouisiane  Offline
Cajun Mafia
Underboss
Cajunland
Originally Posted By: LaLouisiane

How about that invasion of the Ukraine? How you guys doing with that? gotta go after a country with an Army the size of a soccer team eh? Last I hear the economy is doing pretty crappy due to all the embargoes for trying to play powerhouse.

I don't to have anything to say about that, feel free to shit on the Russian army, I have no objections. But saying the American army is less violent simply isn't true. Maybe YOUR group didn't rape anybody, but, just to avoid pontless going around the subject, please tell me ONE SIMPLE THING:
Do you agree with the My Lai massacre where WOMEN AND CHILDREN were killed by your beloved American army (to limit myself to one example) and especially, what do you think about the people who objected and exposed that being labeled as traitors? Tell me just that. If you agree that some of your compatriots acter like murderous scumbags AT LEAST IN THAT SPECIFIC CASE, I can believe you are a honorable soldier. If, not that's justifying child murder, so......

And please, don't tell me it was time ago, in 1968, and now we're in 2015. Crimes like that have no expiring limit.

As for Russia, say whatever you want. But I simply cannot stand people who say that whatever the armies of other countries do, the army of THEIR COUNTRY is genetically unable to commit such atrocities.

But I respect the fact that at least you believe that the American soldiers don't do that. There are people who are far worse: ones who gladly admit the crime and say it was a good thing, like dropping a bomb on Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Killing civilians, babies including, is an ADEQUATE answer to killing soldiers in Pearl Harbor in your opinion?

Every country has skeletons in their closets, but while I think that my country should expose them, some people think it's better to hide them to save the honor of their countries.

To sum it up, I am honestly trying to understand what kind of soldier are you. Do you believe that some things are un-excusable even on the other side on the front line, or is it just statistics for you? Without offense, I don't want to turn this into personal attacks.

The atomic bombs were dropped because the calculations of Allied troops invading mainland Japan would have resulted in more deaths than the two bombs combined. You don't believe me, look it up, thing called a history book. And yeah, we also dropped them to put Russia in their place as a side note (Sorry we tend to do that to you guys A LOT), but hey use it as your main line of defense to call us barbarians.

Two, you can claim rape by the American Army all you want, You weren't there, so I could really care less about the accusations you are throwing out about people you know nothing about. You have efficiently proved yourself to be ignorant and misled on this entire conversation by throwing out accusations that did not happen in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Vietnam? Dude I'm 27, wasn't in Vietnam. Wasn't born when Vietnam happened and surely didn't serve in the army at that time. I am talking about the recent invasion and occupation of Iraq. Because earlier you were accusing us of Rape in the current war that just ended. STOP CHANGING YOUR STORY COMRADE!!! And for the record, no I do not agree with what happened in Vietnam. Those that raped and pillaged should have faced trial for war crimes. But once again I wasn't there nor alive at that time. Of course it is inexcusable to kill a woman and child, and I would never condone it.

You came on here calling soldiers no better than hitman. What do you know of the US armed forces? Honestly, you can quote Vietnam all you want but what do you know? You base your accusations because of what you claim to know of the corrupt crappy Russian army that falters and sputters every ten years then falls on its face.

"What are you cacklin' hens cluckin' about?!?!"

"Is that him?!? With the sombrero on?!?"

Re: U.S. snipers, hereos, or not? [Re: LaLouisiane] #826845
02/02/15 05:18 PM
02/02/15 05:18 PM
New Jersey
Five_Felonies Offline
Underboss
Five_Felonies  Offline
Underboss
New Jersey
The atomic bombs were dropped because the calculations of Allied troops invading mainland Japan would have resulted in more deaths than the two bombs combined.

operation downfall. there was a great documentary on the history channel 10 or so years ago called "X-DAY, the invasion of japan". i forget the exact numbers, but it was something like 1 million projected allied casualties, not to mention the toll on both the japanese military and civilian populations. there was a program put in place with manuals distributed to the japanese civilian population which gave them tips and tactics on how to ambush and stab allied servicemen to death with pointed bamboo spears, which i believe were also distributed. basically, a poor man's volkssturm, minus the panzerfaust and other quality weapons. on top of the countless lives saved on both sides, truman knew that it would have been disastrous, with political suicide being an understatement, if the american public found out that he had a way to end the war and chose not to!

on a somewhat related topic, an unnamed british royal marine commando is now said to hold the new world record, with 173 conformed kills. that .338 lapua magnum is a hell of a round!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/d...est-sniper.html

It's either blue cheese with wings or go fuck yer mudda!
Re: U.S. snipers, hereos, or not? [Re: Five_Felonies] #826851
02/02/15 06:05 PM
02/02/15 06:05 PM
H
ht2 Offline
Capo
ht2  Offline
H
Capo
Originally Posted By: Five_Felonies

operation downfall. there was a great documentary on the history channel 10 or so years ago called "X-DAY, the invasion of japan". i forget the exact numbers, but it was something like 1 million projected allied casualties, not to mention the toll on both the japanese military and civilian populations.

Here's a quote from Ike in Nov '63 Newsweek:

"...the Japanese were ready to surrender and it wasn't necessary to hit them with that awful thing."

Eisenhower, MacArthur and other military brass felt that it was unnecessary, that Japan was ready to surrender but on condition they retain their emperor.

Last edited by ht2; 02/02/15 06:06 PM.
Re: U.S. snipers, hereos, or not? [Re: LaLouisiane] #826857
02/02/15 07:08 PM
02/02/15 07:08 PM
D
Dwalin2011 Offline
Underboss
Dwalin2011  Offline
D
Underboss
And yeah, we also dropped them to put Russia in their place as a side note

That's really a good reason to justify murder of children, women and old people. No wonder that after talking to americans like you people start thinking (baselessly in reality, I hope) that American is the most arrogant and bloodthirsty nation on earth, right after some islamic groups. On the other hand, people like you don't care.

The atomic bombs were dropped because the calculations of Allied troops invading mainland Japan would have resulted in more deaths than the two bombs combined. You don't believe me, look it up, thing called a history book. And yeah, we also dropped them to put Russia in their place as a side note (Sorry we tend to do that to you guys A LOT), but hey use it as your main line of defense to call us barbarians.

Two, you can claim rape by the American Army all you want, You weren't there, so I could really care less about the accusations you are throwing out about people you know nothing about. You have efficiently proved yourself to be ignorant and misled on this entire conversation by throwing out accusations that did not happen in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Vietnam? Dude I'm 27, wasn't in Vietnam. Wasn't born when Vietnam happened and surely didn't serve in the army at that time. I am talking about the recent invasion and occupation of Iraq. Because earlier you were accusing us of Rape in the current war that just ended. STOP CHANGING YOUR STORY COMRADE!!! And for the record, no I do not agree with what happened in Vietnam. Those that raped and pillaged should have faced trial for war crimes. But once again I wasn't there nor alive at that time. Of course it is inexcusable to kill a woman and child, and I would never condone it.

You came on here calling soldiers no better than hitman. What do you know of the US armed forces? Honestly, you can quote Vietnam all you want but what do you know? You base your accusations because of what you claim to know of the corrupt crappy Russian army that falters and sputters every ten years then falls on its face.

You are talking like the American army is perfect and less crappy than the Russian one. You don't even know how to talk civilly since you insult Russians as if they were all the same (and as if you knew a thing about Russia and were there even once) and think your opinion has any weight. If you really counted something, you would have more humility. 27 years old... I am 28, you're more or less the same age as me and talk like you were a generation older and were in a position to give me lessons.

And you claim you don't care about my accusations? Then stop reacting to them, or you contradict yourself. Go shoot somebody, it's all you soldiers know how to do.

Anyway, I should have known it. I tried to end it on a good (or at least neutral) note, but you military people only respect people who agree with the murders you commit, since a murder according to you isn't a murder if committed in name of patriotism. Great. Just great

Last edited by Dwalin2011; 02/02/15 07:50 PM.

Re: U.S. snipers, hereos, or not? [Re: Binnie_Coll] #826872
02/02/15 10:41 PM
02/02/15 10:41 PM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss
I don't think any army is the problem it's scumbags like Putin and Obama who is fucking things up.

Do you agree?

only the unloved hate
Re: U.S. snipers, hereos, or not? [Re: Footreads] #826877
02/03/15 01:25 AM
02/03/15 01:25 AM
yigido Offline
Capo
yigido  Offline
Capo
Originally Posted By: Footreads
I don't think any army is the problem it's scumbags like Putin and Obama who is fucking things up.

Do you agree?
Agree.

Re: U.S. snipers, hereos, or not? [Re: Five_Felonies] #826904
02/03/15 12:54 PM
02/03/15 12:54 PM
Alabama
D
dixiemafia Offline
ROLL TIDE!!!!!
dixiemafia  Offline
ROLL TIDE!!!!!
D
Underboss
Alabama
Originally Posted By: Five_Felonies
The atomic bombs were dropped because the calculations of Allied troops invading mainland Japan would have resulted in more deaths than the two bombs combined.

operation downfall. there was a great documentary on the history channel 10 or so years ago called "X-DAY, the invasion of japan". i forget the exact numbers, but it was something like 1 million projected allied casualties, not to mention the toll on both the japanese military and civilian populations. there was a program put in place with manuals distributed to the japanese civilian population which gave them tips and tactics on how to ambush and stab allied servicemen to death with pointed bamboo spears, which i believe were also distributed. basically, a poor man's volkssturm, minus the panzerfaust and other quality weapons. on top of the countless lives saved on both sides, truman knew that it would have been disastrous, with political suicide being an understatement, if the american public found out that he had a way to end the war and chose not to!

Not to mention the Japanese already figured out our invasion dates and the weather would have made it a disaster. Flooded rice fields would have made the armored cavalry useless as well. Invading Japan would have been the worst decision we ever made.

Re: U.S. snipers, hereos, or not? [Re: Binnie_Coll] #826908
02/03/15 01:35 PM
02/03/15 01:35 PM
far, northwest
Binnie_Coll Offline OP
Underboss
Binnie_Coll  Offline OP
Underboss
far, northwest
look at it this way, after the a bombs destroyed japan and, they were nothing but barren fields, it only took them 20 years to build up a economy that was an economic miracle.

it was general douglass macarthur who was in charge of the building up of japan, and my using a free market economy, and American money lifted the Japanese economy to world status.

and germany, and south korea, and all of western Europe. without the marshall plan, and U.S. involvement they would never have been anything.

no country in the world has been as good to a former enemy than the U.S. and forget communism, a free people, and a free market, puts communism in the dust.

Re: U.S. snipers, hereos, or not? [Re: Dwalin2011] #826925
02/03/15 04:08 PM
02/03/15 04:08 PM
Cajunland
LaLouisiane Offline
Cajun Mafia
LaLouisiane  Offline
Cajun Mafia
Underboss
Cajunland
And yeah, we also dropped them to put Russia in their place as a side note

That's really a good reason to justify murder of children, women and old people. No wonder that after talking to americans like you people start thinking (baselessly in reality, I hope) that American is the most arrogant and bloodthirsty nation on earth, right after some islamic groups. On the other hand, people like you don't care.

You are talking like the American army is perfect and less crappy than the Russian one. You don't even know how to talk civilly since you insult Russians as if they were all the same (and as if you knew a thing about Russia and were there even once) and think your opinion has any weight. If you really counted something, you would have more humility. 27 years old... I am 28, you're more or less the same age as me and talk like you were a generation older and were in a position to give me lessons.

And you claim you don't care about my accusations? Then stop reacting to them, or you contradict yourself. Go shoot somebody, it's all you soldiers know how to do.

Anyway, I should have known it. I tried to end it on a good (or at least neutral) note, but you military people only respect people who agree with the murders you commit, since a murder according to you isn't a murder if committed in name of patriotism. Great. Just great

It's okay man, you came in and tried calling all soldiers rapists and it backfired.

Then you tried changing the wars from recent to thirty years ago: It backfired again. Especially when I agreed with you that the soldiers in Vietnam should have been prosecuted.

More than one poster came out with the same info on Japan as I posted.

I'm not sure if the Army kicked you out, If you couldn't meet the physical requirements to get in, or if you were just flat out denied. But your bias to all people in uniform screams something more happened to you as a child or you are compensating for something else in life by hating a specific group of people you probably at one time aspired to be. Either way I am pretty sure other posters see straight through your accusations.

LaLou signing off

"What are you cacklin' hens cluckin' about?!?!"

"Is that him?!? With the sombrero on?!?"

Re: U.S. snipers, hereos, or not? [Re: Binnie_Coll] #826932
02/03/15 04:37 PM
02/03/15 04:37 PM
Midwest
LittleNicky Offline
Underboss
LittleNicky  Offline
Underboss
Midwest
People fundamentally misunderstand what war is. It's not a nice thing- its back to the state of nature- collateral damage, civilian slaughter, great suffering. It is back to nasty, brutish and short lives. But we try to put a good face on it with these ridiculous rules of engagement, the use of impersonal machinery, references to "international law" and the feel good shit about how we are helping peasants.

When you decide to enter conflict- you better add prolonged civilian slaughter and suffering to the moral calculation. And if that is too much for your sensibilities- then don't enter the conflict to begin with. I'm sick of this half-assed- we can both engage in warfare all over the place and simultaneously put a happy face and happy rules on a brutish situation.

By that standard, the last worthwhile war was probably WWII. And they didn't play by chickenshit rules- they firebombed dresden, executed SS when captured and nuked japan.

Should probably ask Mr. Kierney. I guess if you're Italian, you should be in prison.
I've read the RICO Act, and I can tell you it's more appropriate...
for some of those guys over in Washington than it is for me or any of my fellas here
Re: U.S. snipers, hereos, or not? [Re: LittleNicky] #826934
02/03/15 05:06 PM
02/03/15 05:06 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
People fundamentally misunderstand what war is. It's not a nice thing- its back to the state of nature- collateral damage, civilian slaughter, great suffering. It is back to nasty, brutish and short lives. But we try to put a good face on it with these ridiculous rules of engagement, the use of impersonal machinery, references to "international law" and the feel good shit about how we are helping peasants.

When you decide to enter conflict- you better add prolonged civilian slaughter and suffering to the moral calculation. And if that is too much for your sensibilities- then don't enter the conflict to begin with. I'm sick of this half-assed- we can both engage in warfare all over the place and simultaneously put a happy face and happy rules on a brutish situation.

By that standard, the last worthwhile war was probably WWII. And they didn't play by chickenshit rules- they firebombed dresden, executed SS when captured and nuked japan.

Great post. Today we drop a bomb, then we send food to the survivors. It's enough already. It is what it is. War is Hell.

My take, Dwalin? And you know I think you're a nice kid. But there's an expression that's pretty popular in America. It goes something like: Hate the game, not the player. Well, hate the war, not the soldier. And please don't come back with, If every soldier quits there can't be war. Because that would be beyond naive.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: U.S. snipers, hereos, or not? [Re: Binnie_Coll] #826935
02/03/15 05:08 PM
02/03/15 05:08 PM
far, northwest
Binnie_Coll Offline OP
Underboss
Binnie_Coll  Offline OP
Underboss
far, northwest
its a voluntary army, when someone joins they should know what they are getting into. if you don't want to experience the horrors of war, don't join.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull