GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 373 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,603
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,080
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,517
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,369
Posts1,059,519
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 13 of 29 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 28 29
Re: Irish OC - Thread (Updating Weekly) [Re: DonMega] #823265
01/11/15 05:38 AM
01/11/15 05:38 AM
D
DonMega1888 Offline
Underboss
DonMega1888  Offline
D
Underboss

print screen windows

Prisoners high on "moonshine" caused mayhem in a hospital Emergency Department over Christmas, it has emerged.

The patient overcrowding crisis at the Accident and Emergency department at University Hospital Limerick was compounded by three inmates been admitted on St Stephen's night drunk on 'prison hooch'.

The inmates who are serving sentences Limerick Prison were also allegedly drugged out of their heads on a concoction of prescribed tablets mixed with hand wash gel.

"They came in having consumed moonshine or something like that. I think they had made up some alcoholic drink in jail. They were drunk as skunks," said a hospital source.

"They had some kind of reaction to whatever they had drank. They are supposed to be in prison and they can get their hands on alcohol. It's crazy," the source added.

An investigation is underway by the prison into the prisoners' behaviour and use of illegal contraband in jail

Re: Irish OC - Thread (Updating Weekly) [Re: DonMega] #823266
01/11/15 05:39 AM
01/11/15 05:39 AM
D
DonMega1888 Offline
Underboss
DonMega1888  Offline
D
Underboss

print screen windows

Seizure: Approximately €30,000 worth of cocaine was discovered
A man has been charged in connection with a large drugs seizure in Dublin this week.

The 33-year-old man will appear in court this morning charged in connection with drugs seizures in Dublin South City Centre between January 6 and 8.

During searches Gardaí discovered cocaine with an estimated value of €30,000.

A substantial amount of cash was also seized during the planned raids, Gardai said.

Two men - aged 33 and 27 - were arrested and were detained at Pearse Street Garda Station under Section 2 of the Criminal Justice (Drug Trafficking) Act, 1996.

The man is set to appear at the Criminal Courts of Justice at 10.30am.

Re: Irish OC - Thread (Updating Weekly) [Re: DonMega] #823267
01/11/15 05:40 AM
01/11/15 05:40 AM
D
DonMega1888 Offline
Underboss
DonMega1888  Offline
D
Underboss

free image uploading

Shot dead: Andy Connors
DANGEROUS criminals connected to slain ‘Fat’ Andy Connors have nearly trebled the price on the head of the man they want dead in revenge.

Despite Fat Andy’s family asking for no retaliation, his underworld associates have put out a €200,000 murder contract on the man they believe to be behind the killing

His murder came as huge shock to both his family and the gangsters who dealt with the multi-millionaire professional criminal.

The Sunday World previously revealed how €75,000 was on offer for anyone ready to carry a revenge hit in the immediate aftermath of last August’s fatal shooting. Now sources have claimed that the bounty is €200,000.

His sudden death cost other gangsters the huge sums of cash they had entrusted to him to launder and invest in property.

However, his immediate family said they are not involved in any attempt at seeking vengeance. Members of the INLA were blamed for being behind the lethal gun attack after failing to extort cash from the wealthy traveller.

The Sunday World previously named INLA thug Gareth Byrne as being suspected of being linked to the gangland-style hit. The 32-year-old is said to have demanded 20 per cent of O’Connor’s income as protection money.

However, it later emerged that a businessman had also borrowed as much as €500,000 from Fat Andy, but had refused to start paying back the cash.

Fear of a revenge attack promoted the man to pay €5,000 a week to the INLA thugs for round-the-clock protection. It is thought that the order was given to murder Andy because the businessman feared he himself would be murdered.

The 45-year-old died in a hail of bullets at his home near Rathcoole in County Dublin after a masked gunman opened fire with a handgun on August 19 last year.

Connors was a major underworld player and a leading figure in the criminal network dubbed The Subaru Gang.

Re: Irish OC - Thread (Updating Weekly) [Re: DonMega] #823268
01/11/15 05:42 AM
01/11/15 05:42 AM
D
DonMega1888 Offline
Underboss
DonMega1888  Offline
D
Underboss

adult image sharing

Damage: A car is burnt out
AN innocent family have been targeted in a second petrol bomb attack in the space of three days in Waterford.

A well-known Waterford gang are suspected of carrying out the attack.

The latest incident occurred around 8:30pm on Friday, when gang members threw a petrol bomb at a car in the Birchwood estate.

Two innocent families have been attacked in three separate incidents since New Year’s Eve after they were caught up in a feud between criminal figures. The families targeted have nothing to do with the feud.

Words were exchanged between Waterford associates of Michael ‘Mongo’ Stokes and another local man early on New Year’s Eve. Mongo was not himself involved in the altercation or the follow-up incidents.

At around 7:30pm that night associates of Stokes are believed to have targeted the Brophy family home in the Birchwood Estate in a petrol bomb attack.

Emma Brophy (20) was in the house with her 12-week-old baby Alex and two-year-old daughter Donna-Marie. Four others, including children, were in the house.

At 4:30am on New Year’s Day the home of another innocent woman, Joanne Hazelbury, was targeted. Windows and doors were smashed in during the incident.

Gardai from the armed response also raided a halting site in Waterford on Friday as part of the investigation.

At 8:30pm on Friday thugs once again targeted the home of Emma Brophy. Her mother’s car was seriously damaged in another petrol bomb attack.

Re: Irish OC - Thread (Updating Weekly) [Re: DonMega] #823269
01/11/15 05:43 AM
01/11/15 05:43 AM
D
DonMega1888 Offline
Underboss
DonMega1888  Offline
D
Underboss

image sharing sites

Orla O'Hanlon
19-year-old Orla O’Hanlon and her boyfriend Keith McConnan have appeared in court to face eight charges relating to the running of a bomb making factory and the possession of ammunition with the intent to endanger life.

The gymslip bomb-maker from Tievecrom Road, Forkhill and her boyfriend Keith McConnan from Dundalk, appeared in Newry Crown Court yesterday.

Miss O'Hanlon pleaded not guilty to all charges, and was released on continuing bail.

Mr McConnan faces the same charges but his arraignment has been delayed because his legal representative was not in court.

He was remanded in custody to appear in court in Belfast tomorrow.

O’Hanlon, who has changed her hair colour to brunette was arrested at a house on Tievecrom Road on Wednesday, December 18, 2013, under Section 41 of the Terrorism Act.

O’Hanlon leaving court

At a previous hearing a detective constable from the PSNI’s Serious Crime Branch told district judge Eamonn King that he could connect the two teenagers to the charges.

He told the court that in a walk-in wardrobe in a bedroom officers found a timer power unit and ancillary items for the timer power unit.

”This would enable a bomb to be placed which could delay the detonation for several days.''

The detective added that in a bin a white substance was discovered which was forensically tested and found to be ammonium nitrate which he said is used for “homemade explosives”.

Re: Irish OC - Thread (Updating Weekly) [Re: DonMega] #823270
01/11/15 05:45 AM
01/11/15 05:45 AM
D
DonMega1888 Offline
Underboss
DonMega1888  Offline
D
Underboss

image hosting

Brutal: The scene of the murder today in Antrim
A father-of-five from suffered a sustained and brutal assault before being shot, police in Northern Ireland have said.

Brian McIlhagga, 42, was attacked and killed when at least three armed and masked men forced their way into a house in Riverview Park, Ballymoney in Co Antrim last night.

Mr McIlhagga, a plasterer who was originally from the Ballymena area of Co Antrim, was dragged out of the house in a quiet cul-de-sac, beaten and shot once in the leg in the front garden where, despite frantic resuscitation efforts by neighbours, he died.

Police Service of Northern Ireland (PSNI) chief inspector Michael Harvey who is leading the murder hunt, said: "This was a brutal, sustained and vicious assault on this gentleman.

"This is a gentleman who has five children."

A 32-year-old woman was also in the house was battered and forced to lie on the kitchen floor while the shooting took place.

Four children aged 13-years-old and younger were in the house when the gang burst in but it is unclear whether they witnessed the killing.

A motive has yet to be established and the PSNI has not ruled out the involvement of paramilitaries.

Mr Harvey added: "I have no information to rule in or rule out paramilitaries or any other motives for this attack."

Police have not disclosed what type of weapon was used or whether other instruments were used during the beatings.

Police have set up a dedicated incident room at Ballymoney police station and are urging members of the public to get in contact.

Mr Harvey said: "I would appeal for anyone who was in the area of 10 Riverview Park between 10 and 11pm (last night) who saw any persons or any vehicles to contact detectives. We have a special incident room established at Ballymoney police station.

"Enquiries are at a very early stage. But, I would appeal to the local community to contact detectives."

Mr Harvey said: "The victim has a minor criminal record but, he is certainly not a major criminal."

A white and yellow forensic tent has been erected in the front garden of the pebble-dashed property which overlooks a small a river and public walkway which leads to the town centre.

The well-kept sleepy cul-de-sac, which is not far from a memorial garden dedicated to the Ballymoney hero -- motorcycle legend Joey Dunlop -- has been a hive of police activity for much of the day.

A large section of the riverbank has been cordoned off for most of the day with blue and white tape and police patrol cars preventing members of the public from gaining access from a number of points.

Stunned neighbours who heard two shots ring out have spoken of their horror at the attack.

Ivy Owens, whose house backs on to the property where the murder happened, choked back emotions as she described hearing the gun.

She said: "I was lying with my daughter in bed in the back bedroom when I heard two almighty bangs - which I never thought for one minute were gunshots. I looked out the window to see if I could see or hear anything in my yard because it sounded so close. But I couldn't see anything.

"Moments later my husband came home and then we saw lights (from emergency services) coming in but, again we didn't match the arrival of the lights with shots.

"I didn't really think it was gunshots until I heard this morning.

"I am really shocked. It's such a quiet place."

Ms Owens, who has lived in the area since 1997, said she had been left frightened by the shooting.

"Those children go to school with my children, so it is unreal and it does leave you frightened," she added.

Leslie Gregg, a resident of Riverview Park for almost 20 years, said he was shocked by the shooting.

Mr Gregg said: "I think it is terrible news. For this to happen to any family is just terrible. I wouldn't know the victim by name but I might know him to see. It is really shocking - just terrible, but these things do happen.

Re: Irish OC - Thread (Updating Weekly) [Re: DonMega] #823272
01/11/15 05:46 AM
01/11/15 05:46 AM
D
DonMega1888 Offline
Underboss
DonMega1888  Offline
D
Underboss

pic upload

A mob boss is believed to have staged a fake hit on himself in order to get his bail conditions changed, which would allow him to move house.

Gardai in Clondalkin, West Dublin, were called to the scene on Saturday night, following the bogus hit.

The gangster, who is suspected of ordering the murder of Benny Whitehouse last September, told officers that the gun jammed twice during the incident.

The thug and a close pal of his from the Ballymun area drove to the gates of a property at Commons Road, Clondalkin, at 8.55pm on Saturday.

As they waited for the gates to open, a man in a balaclava approached and appeared to attempt to fire a shot at the gangster with a handgun.

The gunman's weapon allegedly jammed and he then appeared to attempt to fire a second time, but again the gun failed to go off.

The gangster got out of the car and ran, but the gunman did not follow and instead was driven away in a waiting car.

Gardai from Clondalkin were notified and rushed to the scene before recovering two 9mm bullet cartridges in the area.

Detectives have found discrepancies in the man’s version of events as the entire incident was caught on CCTV at a house on Commons Road.

It is now believed the criminal recruited a pal to “stage” the hit.

A garda source said that the gangster has been ordered to live in an address in West Dublin, but the thug had recently been trying to move an address in North Dublin.

It is suspected that he hatched a plan which would enable him to plead in court that it was unsafe for him to live in Clondalkin.

Investigations are ongoing.

Re: Irish OC - Thread (Updating Weekly) [Re: DonMega] #823273
01/11/15 05:47 AM
01/11/15 05:47 AM
D
DonMega1888 Offline
Underboss
DonMega1888  Offline
D
Underboss

upload pics

THEY are the sounds and smells of a professional car racing track – but they greeted me on a Saturday evening in a Limerick housing estate this winter.

The stench of burning rubber mixed with the laughter and whooping of children could be heard as a stolen car roared up and down O’Malley Park in the south of the city.

Joyriding no longer makes the headlines as it did in the 1980s, but when 30 young children are looking for a Garda chase in front of your eyes, it seems very much in the here and now.

I didn’t fear for my life, but I did for the 10 and 14-year-olds who joined in like they were joining in on a game of football.

As the car circled around myself and film crew, I could see that although Limerick city has changed dramatically – old habits still die hard.

Here, joyriding is still a rite of passage and nine-year-olds graduate from being passengers to drivers. By the age of 18, many grow out of it and unfortunately move into more serious criminality.

Today, though, children are growing up with more hope than ever.

Notorious criminals Wayne, John and Dessie Dundon are all behind bars for gang-related crimes, while rival mob boss Brian Collopy is also serving a lengthy prison sentence.

However, despite the massive garda successes, there are still problems in Limerick.

While the feud between the McCarthy-Dundons and the Keane-Collopys has dominated the headlines from this city over the last decade, the gardai have other battles on their hands – including against prescription pills, youth crime and poverty.

In our journey across Ireland while making ‘Breaking Crime’, we set out to meet young offenders, Gardai, and everybody with a stake in trying to break the cycle of generations lost to the criminal justice system and jail.

The secret to Limerick’s recovery has been the regeneration package and the intensive Gardai interventions into its gang culture.

But this city has also needed the help of ex-offenders and criminals.

The man who helped bring down the mob, businessman Mark Heffernan, who testified against the McCarthy-Dundon gang, believes that using ex-criminals and addicts as mentors is essential.

“In the U.S. and the U.K., ex-offenders are used to keep young people out of crime,” said Heffernan.

“It is a difficult concept for many to accept, but the principal of rehabilitation and mentoring has proved very effective and it has got to be embraced here.”

Ballinacurra Weston resident Deirdre Corbett told me about the difficulties of raising a family in the area.

She explains: “If I had my way I would be gone out of here. You can’t rear children up here.”

Anthony Kelly has had many run ins with the law, but as a father and grandfather who has seen his own son in trouble, his own brother shot and another brother die as a teenager in suspicious circumstances in prison, he knows all about the cycle of crime in Limerick.

“You have to get them young. We had problems growing up and now, through sport, I’m trying to protect the next generation. We have to try and break the cycle,” Kelly told me.

Sadly, for many families across the country, that cycle will never be broken. My journey revealed that Cork is on the threshold of a heroin epidemic.

There are 13-year-olds selling and using heroin in the city today.

The saddest part of my expedition across the country was when good people told me that they were afraid to walk down the street as it was too dangerous.

There has to be a complete intolerance to drug dealing on the street and a retreat from political correctness. When good people refuse to do the right thing, it is a reminder that communities have to rescue themselves. It is up to the Gardai and community leaders to act together and put people in the dock for these heinous crimes.

Donal MacIntyre: Breaking Crime aired last night on TV3

Re: Irish OC - Thread (Updating Weekly) [Re: DonMega] #823291
01/11/15 07:37 AM
01/11/15 07:37 AM
yigido Offline
Capo
yigido  Offline
Capo
Donmega I have some questions regarding Irish OC.
How are Irish groups structured, for example more horizontal hierarchies, family based organizations etc. ?
Was or is the IRA a big time player in the Irish drug trade?
And do the Irish operate on a International level like other crime groups like Ndrangetha?
Does the religion or political stance play a role in Irish OC and their Modus Operandi?

Re: Irish OC - Thread (Updating Weekly) [Re: DonMega] #823927
01/14/15 11:09 AM
01/14/15 11:09 AM
A
abc123 Offline
Underboss
abc123  Offline
A
Underboss
http://www.sundayworld.com/top-stories/northern-ireland/dissidents-target-uvf-godfather

Dissidents target UVF godfather.

Dissident republicans are targeting a senior UVF figure in south Belfast.

Terror group Oglaigh na hEireann is actively gathering intelligence on a veteran loyalist paramilitary and suspected OnH members have been spotted on the Donegall Road in the Village area of the city as well as Sandy Row.

Well placed sources have told the Sunday World elements connected to the dissident group have been watching the movements of the UVF veteran. He is understood to be one of a number of brothers who are all members of the terror group.
advertisement

The fact that OnH has ventured into the heart of loyalist south Belfast will set alarm bells ringing. The move is being seen as a direct result of the revelation in October that the UVF had been gathering intelligence on a number of prominent republicans.

Among them is OnH Belfast chief Carl Reilly. The Sunday World revealed a UVF squad had been keeping tabs on his movements with a view to mounting a hit.

With the dissident group on its knees having lost the bulk of its membership across the city, Reilly is regarded as a lame duck leader and a soft target.

He has lost the respect of the membership and has become increasingly isolated and rarely seen in public.

The move was slammed as reckless by leading UVF members who feared a backlash.

Now the stakes have been raised and there are real concerns that should the dissidents attempt an attack it will provoke a round of tit-for-tat incidents.

Loyalist sources in the south of the city have told us the man targeted will not hesitate to take action.

South Belfast UVF has been left badly splintered by a series of bust ups within the ranks. Local commander Eddie ‘Onions’ Rainey has divided opinion and is understood to be at loggerheads with the man targeted by OnH.

The target is a vitriolic and outspoken critic of cocaine user Rainey, who in turn has tried to discredit his rival with a smear campaigning making a series of false allegations.

He tried to pin a series of race hate incidents on him when in fact it was Rainey who personally ordered a number of attacks which saw foreign nationals intimidated from their homes and racist graffiti daubed on walls.

Rainey’s decision to go into partnership with an eastern European organised crime gang also angered veteran members many of whom secretly support the OnH target.

He challenged Rainey over his partnership with the Russians and is believed to have been behind a number of attacks on members of the organised crime gang. Rainey defied his membership and struck a deal with the Russians and in return for supplying him with cocaine they are allowed to peddle their drugs free from interference.

The Russians even offered to bring a hitman in from Limerick to ‘take out’ Rainey’s rival.

Should dissidents continue to target him or even launch an attack it will ignite a powder keg.

As previously revealed by the Sunday World a splinter group within the UVF in the south of the city have been actively rearming for the last two years. They have slowly built up a cache of clean guns made up mostly of handguns which are more readily used for assassination bids.

Sources have also told us they have brought in Mac10 sub machine guns, US made 9mm US Navy issue pistols and a large quantity of explosives.

The splinter group is believed to have been responsible for a series of pipe bomb attacks including the targeting of Catholic schools in north Belfast.

And were behind an audacious plan to assassinate Old Bailey bomber Marian Price as she underwent medical treatment at Belfast City Hospital. They planned to riddle the car carrying the former IRA woman from her cell at Hydebank to the hospital and it was only the last minute intervention orfRainey that prevented the attack going ahead.

Price was releasedfrom prison 18 months ago after a high profile campaign to win her freedom.

Rainey is seen as an ineffectual leader incapable of holding back the hawks should they decide to launch an attack.

richard.sullivan@nth.sundayworld.com

Re: Irish OC - Thread (Updating Weekly) [Re: yigido] #823928
01/14/15 11:14 AM
01/14/15 11:14 AM
A
abc123 Offline
Underboss
abc123  Offline
A
Underboss
Originally Posted By: yigido
Donmega I have some questions regarding Irish OC.
How are Irish groups structured, for example more horizontal hierarchies, family based organizations etc. ?
Was or is the IRA a big time player in the Irish drug trade?
And do the Irish operate on a International level like other crime groups like Ndrangetha?
Does the religion or political stance play a role in Irish OC and their Modus Operandi?

There is not like OC in USA in Ireland at all.

religion or political stance play a role in Irish OC and their Modus Operandi? NO.

Irish criminals are some of the euro zones most dangerous gangs and have come to the top league over the last 10 years or so.

West Eng Gang (Montreal) [Re: abc123] #824171
01/15/15 05:47 PM
01/15/15 05:47 PM
A
antimafia Offline
Underboss
antimafia  Offline
A
Underboss
Two days ago, the rumour of West End Gang leader Richard Matticks's death was believed to be true, and the Montreal Gazette reported his death as fact. The newspaper had to print a correction notice.

There is now confirmation that Matticks passed away yesterday.

Link: http://montrealgazette.com/news/local-news/west-end-gang-leader-richard-matticks

Re: West Eng Gang (Montreal) [Re: antimafia] #824345
01/16/15 07:21 PM
01/16/15 07:21 PM
A
antimafia Offline
Underboss
antimafia  Offline
A
Underboss
Originally Posted By: antimafia
Two days ago, the rumour of West End Gang leader Richard Matticks's death was believed to be true, and the Montreal Gazette reported his death as fact. The newspaper had to print a correction notice.

There is now confirmation that Matticks passed away yesterday.

Link: http://montrealgazette.com/news/local-news/west-end-gang-leader-richard-matticks

A detailed article about Matticks, written on the occasion of his death, can be found here:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/nati...article22489952

Re: Irish OC - Thread (Updating Weekly) [Re: DonMega] #825990
01/27/15 03:24 PM
01/27/15 03:24 PM
D
DonMega1888 Offline
Underboss
DonMega1888  Offline
D
Underboss
http://www.sundayworld.com/top-stories/crime-desk/courts/eight-suspected-ira-members-appear-in-court

image hosting websites

Eight men accused of IRA membership were arrested after a garda swoop on a used car lot in west Dublin, the Special Criminal Court heard today

The court was told that gardai who searched the area found cable ties. balaclavas, a Glock pistol, a baseball bat and pepper spray among other items.

Stock image of a Glock

The eight are: Kevin Braney (40), of Glenshane Crescent, Tallaght , Des Christie (50), of Liam Mellows Road, Finglas, Eamon McNamee (34), of Larkfield Square, Lucan, Hubert Duffy (47), of George’s Place in Dublin 1, William Jackson (55), of Dooncourt, Poppintree, Declan Phelan (33), of Lanndale Lawns, Tallaght, John Brock (42), of Glenview Park, Tallaght, and Darren Murphy (44), of Rory O’Connor House in Dublin 1.

All eight have pleaded not guilty to membership of an illegal organisation styling itself the Irish Republican Army, otherwise Oglaigh na hEireann, otherwise the IRA on March 29th, 2013.

Opening the prosecution case Ms Tara Burns SC said that members of the Garda National Surveillance Unit observed the eight at various locations in Finglas and Clondalkin on the morning of March 29th, 2013. She said that around midday members of the Emergency Response Unit entered the yard of a used car sales lot in Clondalkin and arrested the eight men.

In follow up searches of two vans, an office and kitchen, gardai found cables ties, gloves, balaclavas, a baseball bat, a lump hammer, a pepper spray and a Glock pistol.

Ms Burns said that after their arrest the eight men were interviewed at various garda stations. She said some of them made no reply when questioned, some of them denied membership of the IRA and some of them gave answers to garda questions which were untrue.

She said the court would be invited to draw inferences from the responses of the eight men to garda questions.

Ms Burns said that the prosecution case against the men would rely on the sightings of the accused by the National Surveillance Unit, items found after their arrest, their responses to garda questioning and the opinion evidence of Detective Chief Superintendent Peter Kirwan.

Re: Irish OC - Thread (Updating Weekly) [Re: DonMega] #825991
01/27/15 03:26 PM
01/27/15 03:26 PM
D
DonMega1888 Offline
Underboss
DonMega1888  Offline
D
Underboss
http://www.sundayworld.com/top-stories/c...scaped-prisoner

upload img

VIOLENT criminal Lee McDonnell went on a vicious crime spree in the North after his escape from a prison van in December.

The vicious thug, from Ballyfermot, Dublin, is believed to have been involved in a spate of crimes in Armagh as well as in Louth and the capital while he was on the run.

Sources say McDonnell (23) and a convicted drug dealer pal from Ballyfermot had been staying at an address at Callan Bridge Park in Armagh following the thug’s escape.

The house was owned by a man who has republican connections and owed a favour to associates of McDonnell due to a debt.

However, a source said McDonnell outstayed his welcome after he “went on a rampage” in Armagh and Louth.

“He caused terror. He targeted business people in their homes and took cash and other valuables after putting knives to their throats and guns to their heads. I know some of the families robbed and they were left severely traumatised.”

The source said it is believed the Armagh man who supplied McDonnell with the house had given him information on which business owners to target.

As well as the home invasions, McDonnell is suspected of targeting business premises.

In one such incident, a Dundalk shop owner was viciously attacked by two men, believed to be McDonnell and an associate. The pair stole a silver VW Golf in Armagh before driving to Hackballscross on January 6. They jumped from the stolen vehicle and attacked the shop owner before making off with a sum of money.

The PSNI believe the same vehicle was also linked to an attack in Culloville, near Crossmaglen.

In another incident in the Republic, McDonnell and an associate tried to hold up a security van collecting cash from an insurance firm in south Dublin. During the incident the security man was injured when McDonnell’s associate deliberately ran into him with a car.

The raid was foiled when a motorcyclist saw what was happening and tackled McDonnell, pulling a balaclava off his head. Gardai carried out searches looking for McDonnell after that incident, but he is believed to have fled to the North at the time.

However, McDonnell was eventually asked to leave the house in Callan Bridge Park.

He is believed to have turned on the Armagh man and assaulted him when he was asked to leave.

“He gave him a serious hiding and left him in a very bad way,” said a source. “It wasn’t just a dig or two. It was a right going over.”

McDonnell’s associate was arrested by the PSNI and is facing a number of serious charges related to the crime spree. It is understood McDonnell is under threat from republican figures as a result of his crime spree.

He has also been involved in a long-running feud with traveller criminals.

McDonnell is believed to have left Armagh in recent weeks before being arrested at the weekend. The thug was seen by gardai on Saturday evening walking at Rowlagh Avenue in Ronanstown in Dublin around 5pm.

He sprinted away when he saw the gardai approaching and ran across a number of gardens. McDonnell was eventually cornered when he climbed onto the roof of a garage before giving himself up.

He was brought to Ronanstown Garda Gtation and transferred to the Midlands Prison.

A spokesman for the Prison Service confirmed he was back in custody but declined to speak about disciplinary procedures that he faces.

Meanwhile, three prisoner officers who were on escort duty transporting McDonnell could face disciplinary proceedings. The investigation is focusing on how McDonnell was not handcuffed when he made his escape.

He fled after the van stopped to pick up chips in Dublin.

Re: Irish OC - Thread (Updating Weekly) [Re: DonMega] #825993
01/27/15 03:27 PM
01/27/15 03:27 PM
D
DonMega1888 Offline
Underboss
DonMega1888  Offline
D
Underboss
http://www.sundayworld.com/top-stories/c...itting-tourists

img upload

Packets of Class A substances are being put under tourists' cars using magnets

Drug smugglers are turning "trusted travellers" into unwitting mules by placing containers with powerful magnets under their cars in Mexico and then recovering the illegal cargo far from the view of border authorities in the United States.

One motorist spotted the containers while filling up with petrol after crossing into southern California this month, and thought it might be a bomb.

His call to police prompted an emergency response, and then a shocker - 13 pounds of heroin were packed inside.

There have been four such incidents in San Diego since January 12, all involving drivers enrolled in the "trusted traveller" programme, which enables hundreds of thousands of people who pass extensive background checks to whizz past inspectors with less scrutiny.

Re: Irish OC - Thread (Updating Weekly) [Re: DonMega] #825994
01/27/15 03:28 PM
01/27/15 03:28 PM
D
DonMega1888 Offline
Underboss
DonMega1888  Offline
D
Underboss
http://www.sundayworld.com/top-stories/c...d-robbery-today

image sharing

Robbery: The raid took place at the Aldi Supermarket in Bagenalstown

Gardai are appealing to the public after a failed cash-in-transit robbery possibly left the suspects covered in red dye.

Gardaí in County Carlow are appealing for information following the robbery, which occurred this afternoon at the Aldi Supermarket in Bagenalstown.

At approximately 3pm, two males drove up to the entrance of the Aldi Supermarket in a black BMW coupe car while a security van was making a collection.

One masked male, armed with what was described as a firearm, threatened a security guard and took a cash box containing a substantial amount of cash. The raiders, who were both wearing balaclavas and gloves, then escaped in the BMW.

In a follow up search the cash box and its contents were discovered on Dunleckney Road in Bagenalstown. The cash box had exploded on opening and destroyed the cash with red dye.

Fortunately, no shots were fired and no persons were injured during this incident. All money was recovered but no arrests have yet been made, Gardai said.

Investigating officers are appealing to the public for information on the raid.

In particular, anybody who may have seen a black BMW Coupe with two males on board in the vicinity of the Aldi Supermarket shortly before 3pm and any suspicious activity on the Dunleckney Road after 3pm.

"The raiders may have been exposed to red dye and this is an important appeal point," Gardai said.

Re: Irish OC - Thread (Updating Weekly) [Re: DonMega] #825995
01/27/15 03:30 PM
01/27/15 03:30 PM
D
DonMega1888 Offline
Underboss
DonMega1888  Offline
D
Underboss
http://www.sundayworld.com/top-stories/c...ammed-garda-car

photo uploading

Court: The Garda car was rammed by the balaclava-clad gang

A man jailed for possession of a loaded firearm “available for immediate use” having rammed a garda patrol car has had his sentence increased by the Court of Appeal.

Daniel Prenderville (27), with an address at Rutland Avenue, Crumlin, pleaded guilty to possession of a firearm, possession of ammunition, unlawful use of a mechanically propelled vehicle and dangerous driving at Ballycullen, Dublin on September 6 2012.

He was sentenced to six years imprisonment with the final 18 months suspended by Judge Mary Ellen Ring at Dublin Circuit Criminal Court on June 21 2013.

The Court of Appeal increased Prenderville's sentence to seven years imprisonment today following an undue leniency application by the Director of Public Prosecutions.

Giving background to the case, Mr Justice George Birmingham said a garda patrol car spotted a stolen Audi A3 in the area of Daletree Place, Ballycullen on the date in question, in which three occupants were wearing balaclavas.

When the gardaí activated their flashing lights, the Audi was driven head on into the patrol car. “In effect the patrol car was rammed,” Mr Justice Birmingham said.

After the collision, the judge said, Prenderville got out of the driver's seat of the vehicle and was apprehended trying to escape over a wall.

Another occupant of the car was seen throwing a 7.65 calibre Baikal semi-automatic pistol over a wall. It was loaded with three bullets in the magazine and one in the chamber, the court heard. Furthermore the serial number had been removed.

It later emerged that the Audi had been stolen earlier that day, Mr Justice Birmingham said.

The trial judge had remarked that it was clear on the night in question, Prenderville and others were found in “highly suspicious circumstances” in possession of a loaded firearm “available for immediate use” and they were dressed in clothing that would “make their identification impossible” by the use of balaclavas and gloves, Mr Justice Birmingham said.

“It was even more disturbing to hear” that the loaded firearm was accompanied by a silencer, the sentencing judge had said.

Counsel for the Director of Public Prosecutions, Cathleen Noctor BL, had submitted that Judge Mary Ellen Ring had erred in suspending a portion of Prenderville's sentence that was not permitted by statute.

Ms Noctor submitted that the judge had not found the exceptional and specific circumstances which would justify the imposition of a sentence less than the statutory minimum of five years.

She further submitted that the offence should have been placed at the high end of the scale and for that a sentence of six years with 18 months suspended was seriously inadequate and represented a significant departure from the norm.

The Court of Appeal took the view, Mr Justice Birmingham said, that “only if exceptional and specific circumstances are identified is it possible to suspend all or part of the sentence,” so as to bring it below five years.

Mr Justice Birmingham said the trial judge, having found no exceptional and specific circumstances, erred in bringing Prenderville's jail term below five years.

He said the offence had to be seen at the top, though not the very top of the range for offences of this nature.

Consequently, Mr Justice Birmingham, who sat with Mr Justice Peter Kelly and Mr Justice John Edwards imposed a new sentence of seven years imprisonment in lieu of the original term.

Before leaving court, Prenderville was heard telling family members from a distance “it doesn't make any difference”.

Re: Irish OC - Thread (Updating Weekly) [Re: DonMega] #828679
02/14/15 01:38 PM
02/14/15 01:38 PM
D
DonMega1888 Offline
Underboss
DonMega1888  Offline
D
Underboss

Bust: Gardai from the Tipperary Division conducted searches in four premises
Gardai have arrested four men and seized a large amount of cocaine during a planned search.

Gardai from the Tipperary Division conducted searches in four premises in the Roscrea area yesterday.

As a result of these searches a quantity of cocaine - subject to analysis - was seized, with an estimated street value of €40,000.

Four men were arrested and were detained under Section 2- Criminal Justice (Drug Trafficking) Act 1996 at Roscrea Nenagh, Thurles and Templemore Garda Stations.

Three of the men have been released without charge and a file will be prepared for the information of the Director of Public Prosecutions. One man remains in custody in Templemore.

"This is part Operation Overwatch, which was set up to target persons involved in the distribution of controlled drugs in the Roscrea area," a spokesperson said.

Re: Irish OC - Thread (Updating Weekly) [Re: DonMega] #828680
02/14/15 01:39 PM
02/14/15 01:39 PM
D
DonMega1888 Offline
Underboss
DonMega1888  Offline
D
Underboss
Two of three men charged with the murder of dissident republican Peter Butterly have been granted bail by the High Court pending their retrial in 2017.

Dean Evans (24), of Grange Park Rise, Raheny and Edward McGrath (33) of Land Dale Lawns, Springfield Tallaght are charged with the murder of Mr Butterly in the car park of the Huntsman Inn, Gormanston, Co Meath at around 2pm on March 6th, 2013.

Mr Evans and Mr McGrath are also charged with firearm offences on the same occasion.

Dean Evans

The 55-day-long trial collapsed at the Special Criminal Court last month after a failure in evidence disclosure.

A third man Sharif Kelly (44), of Pinewood Green Road, Balbriggan is also charged with the murder of the 35-year-old father of two on the same occasion. Mr Kelly was on bail throughout the trial and had honoured his conditions in full, the court heard.

At a bail hearing before the High Court today Mr Justice Michael Moriarty said “justice demands” that bail be granted to Mr Evans and Mr McGrath despite objections by senior gardaí.

Mr Justice Moriarty said the retrial of Mr Evans, Mr McGrath and Mr Kelly had been fixed for the Special Criminal Court in January 2017.

Mr Justice Moriarty said evidence given by two senior gardaí, including Superintendent Alf Martyn, was “quite chilling”. Not only that, the judge said, but their evidence amounted to a very strong case against Mr Evans and Mr McGrath.

Mr Justice Moriarty said the proposed retrial, fixed for a date in January 2017, meant that another two years in custody would be visited upon the accused.

As a result, Mr Evans and Mr McGrath may have served four years in custody before the case proceeds, he said.

That did not accord with the norms of constitutional justice, Mr Justice Moriarty said.

He said their continued detention based on the evidence of gardaí would amount to preventative detention when they still enjoyed a presumption of innocence.

Sureties for both men of €20,000 each were present in court. The sum of €20,000 represented the life savings of Mr McGrath's brother and sister, the court heard.

Mr Justice Moriarty said both men undertook to abide by a curfew, to sign on daily at garda stations, to provide mobile phone numbers to gardaí and to keep those devices switched on at all times.

If there was any breach of the terms, the judge said he would require the matter to come back before him.

Although free to walk from court that afternoon, Mr Justice Moriarty had a commitment to keep in the Four Courts which required both men to enter into their bonds before the Governor of the Midlands Prison.

Re: Irish OC - Thread (Updating Weekly) [Re: DonMega] #828681
02/14/15 01:40 PM
D
DonMega1888 Offline
Underboss
DonMega1888  Offline
D
Underboss
Gardai this week seized a large amount of cocaine and heroin with an estimated value of €4.9 million pending analysis.

As part of an ongoing investigation Gardaí attached to the Clondalkin Detective and Drugs Units carried out a planned search of a premises at Bluebell Industrial Estate, Dublin, on Tuesday

During the search, 32.5 kilos of heroin and a half kilo of cocaine - pending analysis - were discovered and seized. A handgun and a quantity of ammunition were also seized during the search.

"To date, this investigation has led to the seizure of heroin and cocaine with an estimated value of €5.2 million, five firearms, ammunition and cash," a Gardai spokesperson said.

A 39-year-old man, arrested on Monday in connection with this investigation, remains in Garda custody. He is being detained at Clondalkin Garda Station under Section 2 of the Criminal Justice (Drug Trafficking) Act, 1996. The investigation is ongoing.

"This is a significant seizure of heroin, which causes terrible damage in communities throughout this country. This operation has taken drugs, firearms and ammunition off our streets, which could have caused terrible damage," Gardai said.

"This lengthy operation has caused major disruption to an Irish organised crime gang with international connections and is part of our on-going strategy of targeting criminal gangs.

"We remain determined to do all we can to protect communities from the scourge of drugs and we thank communities for their support in this,” said a Garda spokesperson.

A number of machine guns and a handgun were also discovered by Gardai in Ballyfermot following an arrest on Monday.

Re: Irish OC - Thread (Updating Weekly) [Re: DonMega] #828682
D
DonMega1888 Offline
Underboss
DonMega1888  Offline
D
Underboss
Gardai are investigating the provenance of two pipe bombs found in Limerick and Cork.

The first was found in Killala Gardens in Knocknaheeny in Cork city early this morning.

The army bomb disposal team arrived on scene at approximately 9.45am after receiving a call regarding a possible explosive.

A cordon was erected at the scene and traffic restrictions were put in place for public safety. A number of nearby houses were evacuated.

The suspect item was made safe by the by an army Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD) unit and removed to a military location for further testing. The scene was declared safe just before 11am.

Elsewhere, a viable pipe bomb was defused in Limerick city last night.

In the second such incident within a 12-hour period, Gardai called in bomb disposal at around 12.45am to Upper Gerald Griffith Street.

A cordon and traffic restrictions were put in place for public safety, while a number of nearby apartments were evacuated.

The Defence Forces said: "The suspect item was rendered safe and removed to a military location for further testing and the scene was declared safe at 1.30am."

Evidence has been handed over by the army and Gardai are now investigating.

Re: Irish OC - Thread (Updating Weekly) [Re: DonMega] #828683
02/14/15 01:41 PM
02/14/15 01:41 PM
D
DonMega1888 Offline
Underboss
DonMega1888  Offline
D
Underboss
Gardai investigating the murder of a Dublin man in the capital two weeks ago have arrested a man.

The body of 41-year-old Kevin Molloy was discovered at Glendhu Road in Cabra on Sunday, February 1.

Gardai investigating the circumstances surrounding the Dubliner's death have arrested a man in his early 20s this morning.

He is currently detained under the provisions of Section 4 of the Criminal Justice Act 1984 at Finglas Garda Station.

A subsequent post-mortem carried out on the body of the victim by the State Pathologist, Professor Marie Cassidy, discovered signs of foul play and the investigation was subsequently upgraded to murder.

It is understood Mr Molloy had suffered head injuries and lost a large amount of blood during the 'frenzied attack'.

It is believed he may have been dead for a number of days before being found.

The gruesome discovery was made by the dead man's relatives who had become concerned after they had no contact with him in several days.

Gardai have spent the last week piecing together the man's final movements in a bid to establish a suspect.

Re: Irish OC - Thread (Updating Weekly) [Re: DonMega] #828684
02/14/15 01:42 PM
02/14/15 01:42 PM
D
DonMega1888 Offline
Underboss
DonMega1888  Offline
D
Underboss
Dissident republican terrorists planned to use a rocket launcher to kill Northern Ireland's Deputy First Minister, it has been revealed.

Martin McGuinness said he was warned of the CIRA (Continuity) IRA plot by the Police Service of Northern Ireland (PSNI).

In a statement, Mr McGuinness said: "I have been made aware the PSNI has discovered a plan to launch a rocket attack against me.

"The PSNI has said that a group calling itself 'CIRA' considered an attack against me using a rocket launcher."

A decision by Mr McGuinness to meet the Queen in 2012 caused outrage among hardline dissident republicans opposed to the peace process in Northern Ireland.

He has since met the Queen on three occasions including as a guest at a Windsor Castle banquet last year.

The Sinn Fein MLA added: "I will not be silenced or deterred. These people are only interested in plunging us back into the past.

"If those behind this threat think they have the ability to destroy the peace agreements which have been endorsed by the overwhelming majority of the people of Ireland then they are clearly detached from reality.

"They need to wise up, listen to the people of Ireland and abandon these futile actions.

"This threat will not stop me or anyone in Sinn Fein from our work in representing everyone in our society and continuing to pursue our political objectives."

The CIRA split from the Provisional IRA when it declared a ceasefire in 1994.

While the IRA moved towards decommissioning of arms, the CIRA's aim remained to kill members of the security forces in pursuit of its goal of a united Ireland.

The terror group's most notorious action was the murder of police officer Stephen Carroll in March 2009. The 48-year-old was shot dead as he attended a call for help at a housing estate in Craigavon, Co Armagh.

The officer, originally from County Kildare, was hit by a sniper and became the first police fatality since 1998, the year of the Good Friday Agreement which largely ended three decades of conflict.

Earlier this year 12 suspected CIRA members were arrested during a police raid at a house which had been bugged by MI5 for months.

A number of suspects have appeared in court charged with a range of terror offences linked to the operation at Ardcarn Park, Newry in Co Down.

Re: Irish OC - Thread (Updating Weekly) [Re: DonMega] #829040
02/17/15 10:05 AM
02/17/15 10:05 AM
D
DonMega1888 Offline
Underboss
DonMega1888  Offline
D
Underboss
A street drug dealer who sold ecstasy to an undercover garda three times after first approaching the officer at a Dublin nightclub has been given a two and a half year suspended sentence.

Adam Nevin (27) of Lealand Close, Clondalkin, Dublin who has since moved to Norway for work, pleaded guilty at Dublin Circuit Criminal Court to three charges of having MDMA for sale or supply at Sin Nightclub, Clondalkin Community Centre and Clondalkin Shopping Centre on various dates in September 2012.

His 23 previous convictions include two for dealing drugs that were dealt with in the District Court.

advertisement
“This demonstrates to me that he is either criminally inclined or not very bright,” Judge Martin Nolan said.

Judge Nolan said he was impressed with Nevin’s attitude to work but added that he previously got a chance from the District Court. Judge Nolan had revoked Nevin’s bail and remanded him in custody for two weeks prior to sentencing him.

Garda Sean O’Neill told Dara Hayes BL, prosecuting, that gardaí set up an operation to deal with street dealing of MDMA in the Dublin 2 area and one officer was instructed to go to Sin Nightclub to see if anyone would approach him to buy drugs.

Nevin later asked the officer if he wanted “a light” and the man enquired if he knew anyone who had “any yokes”. Nevin offered to sell him four tablets and the garda paid €20.

Gda O’Neill said Nevin also gave the garda a mobile phone number to contact if he wanted any more tablets.

This number was again contacted on September 13 and following an exchange of texts, the same garda met with Nevin in Clondalkin Shopping Centre where he paid €60 for ten ecstasy tablets.

Almost two weeks later the garda again contacted the same number and said he was “looking for more yokes”. He was told it would be “no bother” to get 100 tablets for him and an arrangement was made to meet in the carpark of Clondalkin Community Centre.

Gda O’Neill said he and other officers positioned themselves in an unmarked garda car while the garda who had been in contact with Nevin was waiting in an official unmarked patrol car.

Nevin later arrived on a mountain bike and produced a bag of tablets which he said he wanted €300 for. The other gardaí moved in and Nevin threw the bag away before he was arrested.

The bag was later recovered and all the tablets were analysed and found to be MDMA.

Gda O’Neill agreed with Kenneth Kerins BL, defending, that Nevin told gardaí in interview that he was working to pay off a drug debt.

Mr Kerins told Judge Nolan that his client had no work at the time and had no way to finance his own drug habit.

He said he has since secured work in Norway and has enjoyed that and “getting out of the situation he found himself in Dublin”.

Re: Irish OC - Thread (Updating Weekly) [Re: DonMega] #829041
02/17/15 10:08 AM
02/17/15 10:08 AM
D
DonMega1888 Offline
Underboss
DonMega1888  Offline
D
Underboss
Man who pointed fake hand gun at garda won't face higher sentence

A man who pointed a "realistic looking" imitation handgun at two gardaí following an attempted robbery will not face a higher sentence despite an appeal by prosecutors.

Mark O'Reilly (37) with an address at Dunmore Avenue, Killenarden, Tallaght had pleaded guilty to attempted robbery and possession of an imitation firearm with intent to commit an indictable offence at a Fortunestown service station, Tallaght, Dubln 24 on March 11 2012.

He was sentenced at Dublin Circuit Criminal Court to three years imprisonment with the final 18 months suspended by Judge Desmond Hogan on April 7 2014.

advertisement
The Director of Public Prosecutions failed to appeal O'Reilly's sentence in the Court of Appeal yesterday on the ground that it was too lenient.

Giving background to the case, Mr Justice Gerard Hogan, said O'Reilly had pointed a “realistic imitation firearm which looked like a handgun to the head of another person and demanded money”.

The attendant, Mr Rizman Ali, was quick thinking and realised that a so called customer was in truth a participant in this attempted robbery, he said.

The so called customer had feigned to purchase cigarettes from Mr Ali. O'Reilly came up from behind and pointed the imitation firearm to his head.

Mr Ali silently pressed the emergency button and counted the money, which had been demanded, slowly while facing increased threats from O'Reilly.

The gardaí arrived quickly and no money was paid over, Mr Justice Hogan said.

When the gardaí arrived they produced firearms and announced that they were armed gardaí. It was clear, Mr Justice Hogan said, that O'Reilly did not put down the imitation firearm and it was not in dispute that he pointed the firearm at the two gardaí.

O'Reilly ultimately ran and was hauled to the ground by the gardáí and arrested.

He made no admissions while in detention but did say 'the other lad was innocent: I stuck a gun to his head'.

The so called customer was also charged with certain offences, pleaded guilty and was given a suspended sentence, he said.

It was only right, Mr Justice Hogan said, that the court pay tribute to the conspicuous bravery of Mr Ali and the individual gardaí who “fearlessly responded” to "a potentially very dangerous situation".

Mr Justice Hogan said O'Reilly was an early school leaver with 27 previous convictions for robbery and seven for burglary.

He was chronically addicted to drugs, the judge said, to heroin amongst others. One of the key terms of his suspended sentence was that he should participate in a drug and alcohol treatment programme.

He had been released in April 2014 but the suspended part of his sentence was reactivated following an application by the Probation Service a few days earlier on grounds that he had not fulfilled the condition attached to his sentence.

He is presently serving out the balance of the 18 month suspension, Mr Justice Hogan said.

The judge noted that Mr Ali was very understandably shocked by the incident. He sought time of work, “it would appear no real assistance was forthcoming and he left the job after four years employment there”.

Mr Justice Hogan said there was no doubt that O'Reilly's sentence was lenient. However, the sentencing judge was clearly influenced by O'Reilly's drug addiction, which was the "root cause" of his criminal behaviour.

While the sentence was undoubtedly lenient, the judge had substantial grounds to justify the manner in which this particular sentence for this particular offender was structured.

It was structured so as to persuade and encourage O'Reilly to wean himself from his drug addiction. It may thus be said to offer an example of where rehabilitative considerations were properly put to the fore.

Mr Justice Hogan, who sat with Ms Justice Mary Finlay Geoghegan and Mr Justice Garrett Sheehan, dismissed the DPP's appeal.

Re: Irish OC - Thread (Updating Weekly) [Re: DonMega] #829042
02/17/15 10:09 AM
02/17/15 10:09 AM
D
DonMega1888 Offline
Underboss
DonMega1888  Offline
D
Underboss
Gardai have arrested four men and seized a large amount of cocaine during a planned search.

advertisement
Gardai from the Tipperary Division conducted searches in four premises in the Roscrea area yesterday

As a result of these searches a quantity of cocaine - subject to analysis - was seized, with an estimated street value of €40,000.

Four men were arrested and were detained under Section 2- Criminal Justice (Drug Trafficking) Act 1996 at Roscrea Nenagh, Thurles and Templemore Garda Stations.

Three of the men have been released without charge and a file will be prepared for the information of the Director of Public Prosecutions. One man remains in custody in Templemore.

"This is part Operation Overwatch, which was set up to target persons involved in the distribution of controlled drugs in the Roscrea area," a spokesperson said.

Re: Irish OC - Thread (Updating Weekly) [Re: DonMega] #832215
03/10/15 01:07 PM
D
DonMega1888 Offline
Underboss
DonMega1888  Offline
D
Underboss
Veteran criminal Martin Foley is unlikely to face any charges in relation to a bizarre incident in a city centre jewellers after he was accused of false imprisonment.

CCTV of the supposed ‘kidnapping’ incident shows no suggestion that a woman had been held against her will.

Jewellery shop owner Colm Buckley called Gardai and held Foley at his Ilac Centre shop on Monday.

The footage of Foley being dragged to the ground in the Milano store was on YouTube during the week as the 64-year-old remained in hospital after taking a turn while being questioned at Store Street Garda Station. He was released on Thursday.

Buckley’s wife Lucy told us that she was retracting her statements to Gardai. “I just want all this to be forgotten. There is nothing to it,” she said.
It is understood her husband had agreed to sell a €6,000 ring for Foley, but after it was sold the customer’s credit card transaction never processed. Foley said he was owed his money regardless.

Last Monday, Foley had a coffee with Lucy to discuss payment, but the jeweller panicked and rang Gardai.

They were told Foley had held her against her will and demanded money with menaces. However, CCTV footage shows no indication Foley was breaking the law.

Gardai were called to the scene and the veteran gangster and his pal were subsequently arrested.

The 64-year-old has a long history of involvement but only recently got married and had a child. He has more than 40 convictions, some for assault, robbery, and possession of threatening weapons.

Before settling down, he was the subject of four attempted assassinations, and has been shot over a dozen times.

Foley has a total of 15 bullet holes in his body after surviving the murder bids. He is known as "Rasputin" among his criminal colleagues because nobody has ever been able to kill him.

After a botched hit attempt in 2000, Foley spoke about how being shot had affected him.

He said: "When you are shot on three different occasions and you have eleven holes in your body, psychologically the thing is never going to leave you and you would react to certain situations where anything bad might happen."

He was raided by the Criminal Assets Bureau late last year after being handed a bill for €916,960 from them. The bill relates to the alleged under declaration of income tax from his debt collection business Viper Recovery Agency which is now defunct.

Re: Irish OC - Thread (Updating Weekly) [Re: DonMega] #832216
D
DonMega1888 Offline
Underboss
DonMega1888  Offline
D
Underboss
Gardai have today arrested three men in connection with the murder of Dean Johnson at Harelawn Green, Clondalkin, Dublin 22 on August 24th 2013.

The men, who are aged in their 20s, and one in his 30s, were arrested in the Dublin area.

Two are detained at Lucan Garda Station and one at Ronanstown Garda Station.

Thirteen people in total have been arrested in connection with this investigation to date.

21-year-old Dean Johnson was gunned down in a cruel and callous manner just yards from his home in Clondalkin, west Dublin.

Three people were involved in his death. One gunman shot at him from a distance before a second gunman stood over him as he lay on the ground and shot him a number of times.

Gardai believe that he was killed in a case of mistaken identity.

A nearby neighbour who rushed out of her house recalled the horrific moment when she realised what had just happened.

“I was the first one there,” the woman, who did not want to be named, said.

“I knew Dean well, but I couldn’t recognise him because there was so much blood on his face.
“He was gurgling and making a horrible sound in this throat, like he was trying to say something, but I couldn’t do anything.”

The young woman, who was still clearly in shock, told how she tried to help the victim as she called an ambulance.

“The ambulance men were telling me over the phone to turn him over,” she recalled as she sat trembling on her doorstep. “I didn’t want to but I did and, oh God, there was so much blood. I could see that he had been shot in the head, but there were loads of other wounds on his body. He died before anybody got here.”
Other neighbours who went to help the young man as he died on the pavement were too frightened to talk to the Sunday World.

A number of months after the murder, his brother Andrew (31) told the Sunday World the killing had devastated the family.

Re: Irish OC - Thread (Updating Weekly) [Re: DonMega] #832217
03/10/15 01:08 PM
03/10/15 01:08 PM
D
DonMega1888 Offline
Underboss
DonMega1888  Offline
D
Underboss

This is the man blasted in a gun attack this week posing for a pic with notorious gangster and jail escapee Lee McDonnell.

Robert Ellis (23) was shot in the stomach while his innocent girlfriend was hit in the arm by a gunman as they walked home on Thursday night

The 23-year-old was blasted in the stomach while his girlfriend was hit in the arm with a small calibre handgun outside a house in Grange View Lawns in West Dublin.

Ellis had previously been warned by Gardaí that his life was in danger.

“We would ask anyone who may have witnessed the attack to contact the Garda confidential line or their local Garda station,” said a spokesperson.

Last edited by DonMega1888; 03/10/15 01:09 PM.
Page 13 of 29 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 28 29

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull