GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Brovelli), 362 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,452
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,858
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,509
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,313
Posts1,058,424
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: European terrorism [Re: Binnie_Coll] #822965
01/09/15 08:09 AM
01/09/15 08:09 AM
Upstate, NY
thedudeabides87 Offline
Underboss
thedudeabides87  Offline
Underboss
Upstate, NY
Originally Posted By: Binnie_Coll
these people that kill like they did in france deserve no mercy. when captured they should face a firing squad, instead of wasting time on a long trial.

swift justice and firing squads might help stop some of the violence. anyone agree?

Now I don't know the laws in France so I can't speak on that, but let's say this was happening in the US they should be executed without trial? Forget civil liberties and the constitution, just take these murderers and shoot them? Where does it end then? Should we just go and shoot anyone who commits a crime without due process?

I'm not condoning violence, my hope is that these murderers are brought to justice. But our country was founded on the rights of citizens and once you take the rights away from people because of crimes they commit, what is stopping the powers that be from taking more rights away (like they are currently doing) under the guise of public safety.

The Dude: And, you know, he's got emotional problems, man.
Walter Sobchak: You mean... beyond pacifism?

Walter Sobchak: This guy f*cking walks. I've never been so sure of anything in my entire life
Re: European terrorism [Re: bigboy] #822970
01/09/15 09:07 AM
01/09/15 09:07 AM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
Apparently, the French terrorists have been killed by French police.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: European terrorism [Re: Chopper2012] #822974
01/09/15 09:41 AM
01/09/15 09:41 AM
D
Dwalin2011 Offline
Underboss
Dwalin2011  Offline
D
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Chopper2012

And believe me, it's better to be killed than to spend live in a French prison.

Are French prisons that tough? I once read an interview with a Russian gangster who was in prison in Italy and he said Italian prisons aren't that horrible. I assumed prisons in European countries are similar.

Willie Marfeo to Henry Tameleo:

1) "You people want a loaf of bread and you throw the crumbs back. Well, fuck you. I ain't closing down."

2) "Get out of here, old man. Go tell Raymond to go shit in his hat. We're not giving you anything."
Re: European terrorism [Re: Dwalin2011] #822976
01/09/15 10:18 AM
01/09/15 10:18 AM
Amsterdam
C
Chopper2012 Offline
Capo
Chopper2012  Offline
C
Capo
Amsterdam
Originally Posted By: Dwalin2011
Originally Posted By: Chopper2012

And believe me, it's better to be killed than to spend live in a French prison.

Are French prisons that tough? I once read an interview with a Russian gangster who was in prison in Italy and he said Italian prisons aren't that horrible. I assumed prisons in European countries are similar.

French prisons are absolute hellholes. They have the most suicides of the prison system in Europe for a reason.

Now, of course to a Russian it might seem like a vacation whistle.

Just kidding buddy grin .

Last edited by Chopper2012; 01/09/15 10:21 AM.
Re: European terrorism [Re: olivant] #822977
01/09/15 11:07 AM
01/09/15 11:07 AM
Where ever needed.
DuesPaid Offline
Banned
DuesPaid  Offline
Banned

Where ever needed.
Originally Posted By: olivant
Apparently, the French terrorists have been killed by French police.

Good, we should do it like that here. launch a grenade in and goobye.

DP

Be Loyal, Be Loving, Be Quiet.
Re: European terrorism [Re: bigboy] #822996
01/09/15 01:24 PM
01/09/15 01:24 PM
Good ole USA
R
rockstar_man45 Offline
Capo
rockstar_man45  Offline
R
Capo
Good ole USA
I don't understand this. Cannot Europe be competent enough not to let these dangerous radicals back into their country? The biggest threat to their security are homegrown dickheads that grew up in France but hated the culture or became enthralled with the jihadist agenda.

Francois Hollande says this has nothing to do with the Muslim religion. It has everything to do with the fucking Muslim religion!!! When you get people killing others shouting "Allah Akbar" that's smack dab related to this religion and the danger its radical followers present. The time to sit back in our own decadence is past, something needs to be DONE about this

Re: European terrorism [Re: bigboy] #823024
01/09/15 05:41 PM
01/09/15 05:41 PM
South of the Pinelands
MaryCas Offline
MaryCas  Offline

South of the Pinelands
How long will it be before Europe says enough of these heathen scum dogs? I think if Germany gets hit the Euro nations will unite and then there will be a major world wide anti-jihad movement and the fanatical/militant Muslim will feel the wrath of the Western world.

Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, whoever humbles himself will be exalted - Matthew 23:12
Re: European terrorism [Re: MaryCas] #823030
01/09/15 06:29 PM
01/09/15 06:29 PM
Good ole USA
R
rockstar_man45 Offline
Capo
rockstar_man45  Offline
R
Capo
Good ole USA
Originally Posted By: MaryCas
How long will it be before Europe says enough of these heathen scum dogs? I think if Germany gets hit the Euro nations will unite and then there will be a major world wide anti-jihad movement and the fanatical/militant Muslim will feel the wrath of the Western world.

God I hope that happens. The power of the West coming down like a hammer on the radical Muslim organizations who had the nerve to attack us

Re: European terrorism [Re: rockstar_man45] #823039
01/09/15 06:59 PM
01/09/15 06:59 PM
far, northwest
Binnie_Coll Offline
Underboss
Binnie_Coll  Offline
Underboss
far, northwest
Originally Posted By: rockstar_man45
I don't understand this. Cannot Europe be competent enough not to let these dangerous radicals back into their country? The biggest threat to their security are homegrown dickheads that grew up in France but hated the culture or became enthralled with the jihadist agenda.

Francois Hollande says this has nothing to do with the Muslim religion. It has everything to do with the fucking Muslim religion!!! When you get people killing others shouting "Allah Akbar" that's smack dab related to this religion and the danger its radical followers present. The time to sit back in our own decadence is past, something needs to be DONE about this

I have the understanding that one of the terrorist brothers, was in prison for terrorist crimes, why was he let out?

" watch what you say around this guy, he's got a big mouth" sam giancana to an outfit soldier about frank Sinatra. [ from the book "my way"
Re: European terrorism [Re: MaryCas] #823084
01/10/15 08:41 AM
01/10/15 08:41 AM
Upstate, NY
thedudeabides87 Offline
Underboss
thedudeabides87  Offline
Underboss
Upstate, NY
Originally Posted By: MaryCas

Have they not "felt the wrath" for the last 13 years? Between US and NATO troops on the ground and drones strikes which have killed thousands of enemy combatants and civilians. What do you suggest be done? The "West" can't go invading countries because of a minority of violent people using religion as an excuse to commit heinous acts.

Walter Sobchak: This guy f*cking walks. I've never been so sure of anything in my entire life
Re: European terrorism [Re: bigboy] #823089
01/10/15 09:14 AM
01/10/15 09:14 AM
Midwest
LittleNicky Offline
Underboss
LittleNicky  Offline
Underboss
Midwest
Nobody is talking about invasion. They are talking about a complete end to this disgusting multicultural immigration policy that is set to destroy the west internally. Complete deportations for anyone vaguely related to terror. Busting heads to destroy these organizations in europe. A end to appeasement and self-censoring that goes on constantly in the face of islam.

A minority of violent people (polls from prew put about a 20% approval of bin laden)- is still 200 million people when you have a religion as large as a billion. The statement that protection of religious symbols is more important than free speech- still polls between 60-80% in islam. Thats a massive majority that might not be violent- but at least comes at free speech from the same perspective as the terrorists.

"An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last."

Last edited by LittleNicky; 01/10/15 09:17 AM.

Should probably ask Mr. Kierney. I guess if you're Italian, you should be in prison.
I've read the RICO Act, and I can tell you it's more appropriate...
for some of those guys over in Washington than it is for me or any of my fellas here
Re: European terrorism [Re: LittleNicky] #823093
01/10/15 09:31 AM
01/10/15 09:31 AM
Upstate, NY
thedudeabides87 Offline
Underboss
thedudeabides87  Offline
Underboss
Upstate, NY
Having sympathy for and ideology doesn't necessarily mean they support the killing of innocent people.

I don't think Islam is the problem as much as the countries themselves. If you look at Indonesia, Turkey etc. which are Muslim countries don't have the same type of oppression as you would see in Iran and Saudi Arabia. Blanket statements about religion being the problem in my opinion are incorrect, because I feel you get out of religion what you put in.

Out of curiosity what is "vaguely related to terror?" If you speak out against certain things that could interpret that to being a vague act of terrorism. I support ending the federal government, some people would consider that an extreme view which could be misconstrued as a "vague act of terrorism."

Last edited by thedudeabides87; 01/10/15 09:33 AM.

Re: European terrorism [Re: bigboy] #823096
01/10/15 10:01 AM
01/10/15 10:01 AM
Midwest
LittleNicky Offline
Underboss
LittleNicky  Offline
Underboss
Midwest
Like not giving a guy like Kouachi, that overtly attempted to go to the middle east to join al queda and kill westerners, a year and half in prison instead of immediate deportation.

Last edited by LittleNicky; 01/10/15 10:01 AM.

Should probably ask Mr. Kierney. I guess if you're Italian, you should be in prison.
for some of those guys over in Washington than it is for me or any of my fellas here
Re: European terrorism [Re: LittleNicky] #823114
01/10/15 12:28 PM
01/10/15 12:28 PM
Upstate, NY
thedudeabides87 Offline
Underboss
thedudeabides87  Offline
Underboss
Upstate, NY
Well telling a judge that you want to go join Iraqi or Syrian forces isn't exactly vague related terrorism. Also what country should he have been deported to Iraq? Life in prison seems to be a better route to go.

Last edited by thedudeabides87; 01/10/15 12:29 PM.

Re: European terrorism [Re: thedudeabides87] #823115
01/10/15 12:31 PM
01/10/15 12:31 PM
Cajunland
LaLouisiane Offline
Cajun Mafia
LaLouisiane  Offline
Cajun Mafia
Underboss
Cajunland
Originally Posted By: thedudeabides87
Having sympathy for and ideology doesn't necessarily mean they support the killing of innocent people.

I don't think Islam is the problem as much as the countries themselves. If you look at Indonesia, Turkey etc. which are Muslim countries don't have the same type of oppression as you would see in Iran and Saudi Arabia. Blanket statements about religion being the problem in my opinion are incorrect, because I feel you get out of religion what you put in.

Out of curiosity what is "vaguely related to terror?" If you speak out against certain things that could interpret that to being a vague act of terrorism. I support ending the federal government, some people would consider that an extreme view which could be misconstrued as a "vague act of terrorism."

I think the problem is Islam buddy. These guys didn't start killing people in the name of jihad and camel sex ten years ago for kicks. It's been going on since the crusades, since before America was even a thought.

I had a question for if we abolished the Federal Government: Who would control the Military? Louisiana controls Louisiana troops, New York theirs? Who does the Navy answer to then? North Dakota? Kansas? Same goes for Air Force? Whichever state they are flying over? What if God Forbid a 9/11 situation happens again in New York? California doesn't have to send troops because there is no solid command over the states?

"What are you cacklin' hens cluckin' about?!?!"

"Is that him?!? With the sombrero on?!?"

Re: European terrorism [Re: LaLouisiane] #823117
01/10/15 12:42 PM
01/10/15 12:42 PM
Cajunland
LaLouisiane Offline
Cajun Mafia
LaLouisiane  Offline
Cajun Mafia
Underboss
Cajunland
Or, if you wish not to use the armed forces as an example, who controls commerce? Can Florida now openly trade with Cuba, yet Texas choose not to? Or China, can California now trade or borrow money from them without approval of other states? What's stopping or regulating the nation beyond a state level?

Although Saudi Arabia is flooding the market with fuel, when that stops, the majority of fossil fuels is coming from the Gulf Coast and Alaska. Does Louisiana, Texas, and Alabama now have to export oil to the northern states? Who's to tell them they can or cannot if there is no government higher than each respective state?

Re: European terrorism [Re: LaLouisiane] #823119
01/10/15 01:18 PM
01/10/15 01:18 PM
Upstate, NY
thedudeabides87 Offline
Underboss
thedudeabides87  Offline
Underboss
Upstate, NY
Well buddy, obviously you are well aware know since you mentioned them, the first crusades was started by the Catholic church. I am not saying that Islam does not have violent extremists they do, violence is in every religion because of violent individuals. Christianity for example crusades, 30 years war, Catholics and protestants in Ireland, the Inquisition. In the US the KKK and bombings at abortion clinics but you don't go about saying the Christianity is evil, certain people are evil and they can use religions as way to justify it. Buddhist monks in Myanmar are killing women in children, but you don't go condemn all of Buddhism.

Also buddy I was using being against a Federal government as an example of how slippery a slope as "vaguely related to terrorism" is. I apologize for not using the correct language or punctuation for you to interpret it that way. But I do indeed believe in a limited Federal government with more power to the states and individuals. I don't believe the power of the military should be in the hands of our elected officials because they don't act in the interest of the people they were elected to represent. Is it not the failed foreign policy of the Federal government that allows terrorism to flourish they way it has?

Re: European terrorism [Re: bigboy] #823124
01/10/15 01:49 PM
01/10/15 01:49 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

While not excusing these Islamic radicals in the least (nobody is harder on these terrorists than I am), those at Charlie Hebdo are not innocent, much less "brave" like they've been made out to be. They are typical Western Europe secular leftists who get a kick out of making fun of religion, be it Islam, Christianity, Judaism, etc. In their case, it was evil people killing evil people. Just because somebody has "the right" to say something, it doesn't necessarily mean it is right.

It seems France has gone to both extremes in dealing with the Muslims there. On one hand, too far one way with Charlie Hebdo ilk doing what they do. On the other, being far too accommodating (in the name of tolerance), which has led to things like "no go" Muslim areas where French police and fire won't even go.

Last edited by IvyLeague; 01/10/15 01:50 PM.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: European terrorism [Re: thedudeabides87] #823125
01/10/15 01:59 PM
01/10/15 01:59 PM
Midwest
LittleNicky Offline
Underboss
LittleNicky  Offline
Underboss
Midwest
Well buddy, obviously you are well aware know since you mentioned them, the first crusades was started by the Catholic church. I am not saying that Islam does not have violent extremists they do, violence is in every religion because of violent individuals. Christianity for example crusades, 30 years war, Catholics and protestants in Ireland, the Inquisition. In the US the KKK and bombings at abortion clinics but you don't go about saying the Christianity is evil, certain people are evil and they can use religions as way to justify it. Buddhist monks in Myanmar are killing women in children, but you don't go condemn all of Buddhism.

Stop with the bullshit. We are not talking about the 12st century crusades (which I doubt you could even coherently explain, let allow understand they were responses to near total islamic conquering of western society), we are talking 21st century. The fact you must reach back to the 12th century or find a unbelievably rare abortion bombing, when we have daily examples of islamic violence is really a tell about how pathetic and weak your argument really is.

An extremist jew wears some funny clothes. A extremist jain meditates more than normal. A extremist mormon might live with a few chicks. A extremist muslim kills people and lots of them. Every day and on every continent. The religion matters. The ideas matter. And these "extremists" have all the justification they need in quran itself. Their prophet was a warlord and they just have a literal interpretation of what the book actually says.

This pathetic attempt to equate religions is a bizarre impulse. It has of course also proved useful to leftists keen to hide the gaping hole in their 'all culture are equal' doctrine - ''Yes, they are committing terrorism in just about every country on the planet, have embarked on massive campaigns of rape right across Europe, are working to undermine fundamental freedoms in their host nations, are far more likely to be welfare dependent than other migrants, commit 'honour' murder when their daughters get friendly with kafir, abuse our system of rights to destroy those very rights, campaign to sabotage our democracy through ballot box fraud and then teach misogyny and supremacy to British born, next generation muslims to continue all of the above ad-infinitum - but we have Islamophobes - remember that guy who threatened to burn a koran and the mo-toons?! And what about the crusades/George Bush!''

Last edited by LittleNicky; 01/10/15 02:09 PM.

Re: European terrorism [Re: thedudeabides87] #823126
01/10/15 02:16 PM
01/10/15 02:16 PM
Cajunland
LaLouisiane Offline
Cajun Mafia
LaLouisiane  Offline
Cajun Mafia
Underboss
Cajunland

Also buddy I was using being against a Federal government as an example of how slippery a slope as "vaguely related to terrorism" is. I apologize for not using the correct language or punctuation for you to interpret it that way. But I do indeed believe in a limited Federal government with more power to the states and individuals. I don't believe the power of the military should be in the hands of our elected officials because they don't act in the interest of the people they were elected to represent. Is it not the failed foreign policy of the Federal government that allows terrorism to flourish they way it has?

I am not debating on if Christianity has had it's dark years, or centuries for that matter, because everyone knows that we have had more than our fair share of blood on our hands due to the Spanish inquisition and crusades hundreds of years ago. Nor do I care to justify it, because I was not alive during that time period. The difference is that Christianity hasn't maintained a constant violence throughout recent history, where as Islamic radicals have used it as an excuse to condone their actions.

You are a bit off base on the "religious war" that has been waged in Ireland for the past century. Predominantly, the Irish are Catholics. The British, that are more protestant mind you, during the height of their empire invaded and took over Ireland. Is it Catholics vs Protestants? If you choose to run along those lines then you may be able to justify that cause. But anyone educated on the struggles of Ireland understands it is nothing more than the People of Ireland trying to rid the Brits from their land, they are fighting the same war America did for independence, except its 200 years later.

As well as for the KKK; you do know that Catholics were not allowed to join and Catholicism was one of the first principle stands the KKK stood for before they completely drifted to pure white trash and accept any warm body as long as it is "white"?

Let's move onto foreign policy. What would you have us do? As the world's predominant superpower, we have no choice but to be involved in every facet of life that neither you nor I care about in the middle east. Why? To maintain our presence on the worlds stage. Simply stopping commerce with countries that produce terrorism will only open the door to Russia, Iran, China, and North Korea to extend their own agendas and political influences to countries we turn our backs to.

Terrorism will flourish as long as we are the superpower. Why? Because we cannot fight them the way they fight us. What this reverts back to are the international laws that we signed in accordance with other nations such as the Geneva conventions and the rules of war. Terrorists can go out and mutilate humans that do not share their views and not face the same backlash as if America went out and mutilated anyone who was considered a terrorist. Terrorists do not fly the flag of a nation, yet hide behind religion out of pure jealousy and cowardice. Any man with leadership abilities can raise a standing army and build a nation or coalition to challenge the US, yet they do not.

Terrorists hide behind the statement that they want all "western influence" out of the middle east for peace. For conversations sake if we were to give these inbred infidels that, do you really think the killings and beheadings would stop? No, they would revert to killing each other going back to what ISIS was doing, eliminating their own that did not comply with their needs. Our government sees that, its why we haven't bowed down to Radical Islam.

These people have fought anyone and anything in accordance to their religion for Millenniums, it has been bred into them. For the world to defeat Radical Islam it would take all nations to stand up against senseless violence, along with the "Good Muslims" (Who for a majority secretly support these guys anyways. It's their religion after all.) So let's face it that's not happening.

Give it another 80-100 years when a child from a generation not yet born has experienced nothing but attacks, hatred and oppression from Muslims. That kid will be the second coming of Hitler, doing away with Muslims like Hitler did to the Jews.

Re: European terrorism [Re: LittleNicky] #823127
01/10/15 02:23 PM
01/10/15 02:23 PM
Upstate, NY
thedudeabides87 Offline
Underboss
thedudeabides87  Offline
Underboss
Upstate, NY
I didn't bring up the Crusades I was simply responding to LALouisiane who was using the Crusades as an example of Islamic violence nor did I bring up Bush and the fact that you seem to assume I am a so called leftist is completely false.

Also again I am not saying Islamic extremist do not exist and that they are not violent. What i am saying and have said is that Islam in itself is not to blame, the worlds highest population of Muslims is not in the Middle East, and we hardly hear of violence in those areas they are in fact more liberal than the Middle East, since they have had multiple women who have served as Heads of State. The violence you are speaking of is occurring in a region and I don't think it should represent and entire religion.

Re: European terrorism [Re: LaLouisiane] #823131
01/10/15 03:01 PM
01/10/15 03:01 PM
Upstate, NY
thedudeabides87 Offline
Underboss
thedudeabides87  Offline
Underboss
Upstate, NY
I used Catholicism in regards to Crusades and Irish (which I very well could be off base with) I tried to use KKK and Christianity in the same sentence for that reason. But my point behind bring the KKK up was the fact that they consider themselves a religious group and hate; Jewish, Muslim and as you pointed out Catholics.

I understand the importance of the Truman Doctrine, Geneva Convention, Marshall Plan and all the international that were created. Our isolationism is part of the reason for WWI and WWII escalated to the extent that they did. Our presence on the world stage is important that being said it doesn't mean I have to agree with that fact that people feel US (as in the USA) should lead the charge, though I know no one else will. We have too many internal problems to lead the charge.

Violence will continue until the Muslim leaders want peace, we can continue to have as many nations in the Middle East but we will be creating enemies quicker than we are killing them. I don't feel you can say that a religion of 1.6 billion people believe in the violence being committed, I don't have a religion so I can't really speak for this but, if you are Catholic do you believe everything to Pope says or should the Westboro Baptist Church (the God hates F*gs people) represent the entire Baptist or Christian community just because they get the most media

Last edited by thedudeabides87; 01/10/15 03:02 PM.

Re: European terrorism [Re: thedudeabides87] #823137
01/10/15 03:26 PM
01/10/15 03:26 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Violence will continue until the Muslim leaders want peace

Which is to say that there will always be violence.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: European terrorism [Re: LittleNicky] #823139
01/10/15 03:30 PM
01/10/15 03:30 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: LittleNicky
Stop with the bullshit. We are not talking about the 12st century crusades (which I doubt you could even coherently explain, let allow understand they were responses to near total islamic conquering of western society), we are talking 21st century. The fact you must reach back to the 12th century or find a unbelievably rare abortion bombing, when we have daily examples of islamic violence is really a tell about how pathetic and weak your argument really is.

An extremist jew wears some funny clothes. A extremist jain meditates more than normal. A extremist mormon might live with a few chicks. A extremist muslim kills people and lots of them. Every day and on every continent. The religion matters. The ideas matter. And these "extremists" have all the justification they need in quran itself. Their prophet was a warlord and they just have a literal interpretation of what the book actually says.

This pathetic attempt to equate religions is a bizarre impulse. It has of course also proved useful to leftists keen to hide the gaping hole in their 'all culture are equal' doctrine - ''Yes, they are committing terrorism in just about every country on the planet, have embarked on massive campaigns of rape right across Europe, are working to undermine fundamental freedoms in their host nations, are far more likely to be welfare dependent than other migrants, commit 'honour' murder when their daughters get friendly with kafir, abuse our system of rights to destroy those very rights, campaign to sabotage our democracy through ballot box fraud and then teach misogyny and supremacy to British born, next generation muslims to continue all of the above ad-infinitum - but we have Islamophobes - remember that guy who threatened to burn a koran and the mo-toons?! And what about the crusades/George Bush!''

Best post of 2015. I know it's only January, but this one will hold up for awhile smile.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: European terrorism [Re: pizzaboy] #823148
01/10/15 03:45 PM
01/10/15 03:45 PM
Upstate, NY
thedudeabides87 Offline
Underboss
thedudeabides87  Offline
Underboss
Upstate, NY
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Violence will continue until the Muslim leaders want peace

Which is to say that there will always be violence.

Well peace when the Middle Eastern leaders want peace, they happen to be Muslim. Muslims leaders in Asia have peace. So to say there will always be violence in the Middle East is more accurate

Re: European terrorism [Re: bigboy] #823150
01/10/15 03:58 PM
01/10/15 03:58 PM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss
Well I know plenty of Muslims who want money. That is their religion not interested in jihad.

There everywhere I get around. I don't think their all fanatic. That is why it is hard for me to hate all of them.

only the unloved hate
Re: European terrorism [Re: thedudeabides87] #823151
01/10/15 03:59 PM
01/10/15 03:59 PM
Cajunland
LaLouisiane Offline
Cajun Mafia
LaLouisiane  Offline
Cajun Mafia
Underboss
Cajunland
I used Catholicism in regards to Crusades and Irish (which I very well could be off base with) I tried to use KKK and Christianity in the same sentence for that reason. But my point behind bring the KKK up was the fact that they consider themselves a religious group and hate; Jewish, Muslim and as you pointed out Catholics.

I understand the importance of the Truman Doctrine, Geneva Convention, Marshall Plan and all the international that were created. Our isolationism is part of the reason for WWI and WWII escalated to the extent that they did. Our presence on the world stage is important that being said it doesn't mean I have to agree with that fact that people feel US (as in the USA) should lead the charge, though I know no one else will. We have too many internal problems to lead the charge.

Violence will continue until the Muslim leaders want peace, we can continue to have as many nations in the Middle East but we will be creating enemies quicker than we are killing them. I don't feel you can say that a religion of 1.6 billion people believe in the violence being committed, I don't have a religion so I can't really speak for this but, if you are Catholic do you believe everything to Pope says or should the Westboro Baptist Church (the God hates F*gs people) represent the entire Baptist or Christian community just because they get the most media

Then we agree that it won't stop until Muslims themselves rise up and do away with the very people that are giving them a bad persona.

"thedudeabides", If your getting that name from the same movie I'm thinking of, your a pretty damn cool dude and you'll understand what I'm about to quote:

"Donnie, shut the Fu-...When do we play?...I don't roll on Shabbos....SHOMER SHOBBUS!!...Shomer effing Shobbus""

Re: European terrorism [Re: bigboy] #823152
01/10/15 04:02 PM
01/10/15 04:02 PM
H
ht2 Offline
Capo
ht2  Offline
H
Capo
Recent news..

Nigeria massacre deadliest in history of Boko Haram, estimated 2000 killed.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/01/09/africa/boko-haram-violence/

There's wall to wall coverage on Paris, but not as much in the media about what's happening in Nigeria.

Last edited by ht2; 01/10/15 04:04 PM.
Re: European terrorism [Re: bigboy] #823153
01/10/15 04:03 PM
01/10/15 04:03 PM
yigido Offline
Capo
yigido  Offline
Capo
I hate to admit as a Muslim you fellas are right in most things about radicalism and that terrorism from groups claiming to be islamic. But I would like to stress the importance of culture in the Islam.
I am not trying to blame a whole race but usually these groups are sponsored by the rich sheiks from the Arab peninsula. Also look at any violent fueled sects in the Islam they all come from the Arab desserts. There were times that tribes that had no contact with the Islam where being hired as soldiers and had to change their religion. These tribes formed the backbone of the Wahabbi sect of Islam. These guys are so cruel they have been known in earlier stages of their sect to burn down Islamic settlements and even mosques. This sect came in existence during the time of Napoleon(1800s) I think. Up untill then Islamic empires usually were the same as their western counterparts regarding violence, maybe even more tolerant.

Now we see that Saudi-arabia is from the Wahabbi sect and they are big time into training and funding radicals. For example the Bin-Laden family. Most of their leadership comes from the Arab peninsula.

Now there is the cultural aspect. Just as the west had their different ways of interpreting Christianity we had the same with Islam. Every part of Islam from north Africa to China is different. When was the last time there was a Kurdish IS terrorist, an Uzbek spokesman for Jihad, A Turkish suicide bomber, A terrorist cell operating in Bosnia?
My family is from Turkey and if you tell anyone over there about the 72 virgins and suicide bombing thing they will smack you in the face. Look at IS they target Turks and Kurds in Iraq, one reason is we look at different ways regarding Islam. I now many North-African guys that hate on their own kind, because they have moustaches. They believe that moustaches are signs of the unbelievers, in turkey(99% islam) it is one of the most normal things.
My relatives drink alcohol, even tough it is not allowed, in one way to ,me at least, it shows that a Christian and Muslim don't differ. According to these radical groups we are unbelievers, I think we are just humans who sometimes make ''mistakes'', but like I said we are humans, WE DONT BLOW UP INNOCENT PEOPLE for a bearded guy hiding in a cave who tells you what Islam is.
Just wanted to say that we are not like those assholes and yes radicalism is a problem stemming from Islamic sects not the whole of Islam.
Sorry if I was A bit unclear as English isn't my native language.

Re: European terrorism [Re: LaLouisiane] #823155
01/10/15 04:08 PM
01/10/15 04:08 PM
Upstate, NY
thedudeabides87 Offline
Underboss
thedudeabides87  Offline
Underboss
Upstate, NY
Originally Posted By: LaLouisiane

Then we agree that it won't stop until Muslims themselves rise up and do away with the very people that are giving them a bad persona.

"thedudeabides", If your getting that name from the same movie I'm thinking of, your a pretty damn cool dude and you'll understand what I'm about to quote:

"Donnie, shut the Fu-...When do we play?...I don't roll on Shabbos....SHOMER SHOBBUS!!...Shomer effing Shobbus""

And yes i could agree with that.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull