GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 281 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,461
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,881
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,322
Posts1,058,580
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Detroit mob figure Joe D'Anna [Re: Five_Felonies] #822806
01/08/15 07:30 AM
01/08/15 07:30 AM
S
SinatraClub Offline
Underboss
SinatraClub  Offline
S
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Five_Felonies
Originally Posted By: SinatraClub
Told ya. I dont claim to know everything. But you Wiseguy (Ivy) have a rep on the forums and it isnt a good one.

for butt-hurt dopes who would rather engage in personal attacks instead of letting the info they post speak for itself, yep!

you'll see the 40-45 total membership estimations.

so you're arguing a mere 5 made guy difference with nothing to back it up? you must be a fan of ranch dressing! panic

Actually if you'd actually read my previous post, I blalantly stated that its only 5 extra guys, so 50 members may be possible. But recent reports state otherwise. I posted a Mob Talk video which backs it up. Theres other forums with articles to back it up.

And yes, every single person on the RD forum has a grudge against Wiseguy, to the point where each and every one of them will make stuff up. Nothing on there or any other forum is a personal attack against him, its all disputes of his info and the overhyping of specific families.

And nah, I'm more of an Italian dressing sort of guy. How about you ?

Re: Detroit mob figure Joe D'Anna [Re: scottburn] #822860
01/08/15 12:19 PM
01/08/15 12:19 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Told you, some of what youre saying isnt accurate. Which is why its hard for me to buy what youre saying regarding recent Philly. But thats just me, my opinion probably doesnt nor should it matter to you. The 5-8 guys comment comes from the guys mentioned in some articles as being active. Jackie Giacolone, but I'll excuse him since hes the boss. Tony La Piana, Tony Pal, Specs Tocco, the D'annas prior to their indictment, theres a few more which escape me. But thats 5 guys right there that are still reportedly active in Detroit. Go on Real Deal right now, click a Philly-Merlino thread, any which you like, you'll see the 40-45 total membership estimations. This has gone on far too long, nothing against you, but i just dont find your info regarding Philly to be very accurate.

I'll just agree to disagree.

Even if you want to dispute the exact year some of the guys I listed were made, it's apparent to anyone that the Philadelphia family has continued to make new members in recent years. So you were wrong on that. I can't really go on the Real Deal anymore but who are these 40-45 member estimates by? And you're basing your 5-8 active member claim for Detroit by some articles you read, as if any or all of them gave an all inclusive list?

This all started when you asked if Detroit is "on the same level" as Philadelphia. It isn't.

First, the total membership size of the Philadelphia family is probably twice that of Detroit. And even if you want to go with only active members (which is difficult to do), the number of active Philadelphia members probably is close to the total Detroit membership.

Second, looking at the indictments alone, those in Philadelphia have been far bigger and more consistent in recent years (whether you want to look at the last 5, 10, or more) than in Detroit.

Except for perhaps the exact year some of the guys I listed were made (which didn't prove my point wrong since there obviously plenty who have been made in recent years) what else about Philadelphia have I said that's wrong?

You seem to have felt you were backed into a corner (which wasn't the case) and now you're holding onto this point about Philadelphia not being any different than Detroit and it's demonstrably untrue.

As for my "rep," on these forums, I suppose it depends on who you ask. There are certainly those, including on the Real Deal forum, who continue to hold a grudge against me because I proved them wrong in any number of arguments.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: Detroit mob figure Joe D'Anna [Re: SinatraClub] #822861
01/08/15 12:22 PM
01/08/15 12:22 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Actually if you'd actually read my previous post, I blalantly stated that its only 5 extra guys, so 50 members may be possible. But recent reports state otherwise. I posted a Mob Talk video which backs it up. Theres other forums with articles to back it up.

What reports? What articles? Post them.

Quote:
And yes, every single person on the RD forum has a grudge against Wiseguy, to the point where each and every one of them will make stuff up. Nothing on there or any other forum is a personal attack against him, its all disputes of his info and the overhyping of specific families.

I haven't "over-hyped" anything. I've simply said Philadelphia is larger and more active than Detroit, which is true. It's an answer to your original question about them being on the same level. If you want to believe they are comparable, go ahead, but all the evidence says otherwise. And Philadelphia doesn't need to be "hyped" for an honest, objective, informed observer to see that.

Last edited by IvyLeague; 01/08/15 12:22 PM.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: Detroit mob figure Joe D'Anna [Re: scottburn] #822868
01/08/15 01:35 PM
01/08/15 01:35 PM
ItalianForever Offline
Capo
ItalianForever  Offline
Capo
Ivy I have nothing against you.I think the vast majority of us agree that Philly is larger and more active. I am just curious as to where you got the info about the 05 and 2011 ceremonies. I know 07 is from the scoops tapes.

Re: Detroit mob figure Joe D'Anna [Re: ItalianForever] #822999
01/09/15 02:19 PM
01/09/15 02:19 PM
T
TommyGambino Offline
Underboss
TommyGambino  Offline
T
Underboss
Originally Posted By: ItalianForever
Ivy I have nothing against you.I think the vast majority of us agree that Philly is larger and more active. I am just curious as to where you got the info about the 05 and 2011 ceremonies. I know 07 is from the scoops tapes.

The ceremony dates are a real confusion but all of them have been identified as soldiers by the FBI and people like Anastasia so it's just a guessing game until one of the soldiers flips.

I don't believe for one minute that Staino was made in 05, more likely 2000/2001. As for the 2011 ceremony, it definitely took place and Dom Grande was made along with Sonny Mazzone, maybe a few others.

Re: Detroit mob figure Joe D'Anna [Re: TommyGambino] #823059
01/09/15 11:15 PM
01/09/15 11:15 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Originally Posted By: TommyGambino
Originally Posted By: ItalianForever

The ceremony dates are a real confusion but all of them have been identified as soldiers by the FBI and people like Anastasia so it's just a guessing game until one of the soldiers flips.

I don't believe for one minute that Staino was made in 05, more likely 2000/2001. As for the 2011 ceremony, it definitely took place and Dom Grande was made along with Sonny Mazzone, maybe a few others.

I double checked and those more recent ceremonies came from the Licata tapes. He specifically mentions two ceremonies - 5 members made in the first one and another 2 in the second. Up to that time (2007) the family had made 7 members under Ligambi. Damion Canalichio was one of the guys they mentioned specifically as being made during that time.

As for Staino, believe it or not, he was only made around 2005. Before that he was a high-ranking associate. According to law enforcement he was one of Ligambi's top guys in 2001 ((along with Massimino, Lancelotti and Lucibello). In late 2004, George Anastasia said Staino was likely to replace either Massimino (who was one his way to prison) or Joe Curro (who had just died) even though he was not made at that point. In 2006, law enforcement had him as a captain. So Staino would have had to have been made in the earlier ceremony Licata mentioned where 5 members were made.

Re: Detroit mob figure Joe D'Anna [Re: IvyLeague] #823069
01/10/15 05:47 AM
01/10/15 05:47 AM
SonnyBlackstein Offline
Underboss
SonnyBlackstein  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
Well, prior to getting married a little over a year ago...

Ivy,
Congratulations mate. Sincerely best, to you and yours.

Deserved mate.
Sonny.

MORGAN: Why didn't you fight him at the park if you wanted to? I'm not goin' now, I'm eatin' my snack.
CHUCKIE: Morgan, Let's go.
MORGAN: I'm serious Chuckie, I ain't goin'.
WILL: So don't go.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull