GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
3 registered members (Malavita, 2 invisible), 479 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,618
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,110
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,518
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,382
Posts1,059,713
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Stevie Mazzone keeping the peace in S. Philly [Re: SonnyBlackstein] #819466
12/17/14 06:19 PM
12/17/14 06:19 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: SonnyBlackstein
Unless a poster is a member, or works for the FBI, then EVERYTHING, EVERYBODY says is speculation. each as good as the next.

You're completely discounting the large fringe that the street has, Sonny. It's not just members and associates. There are hangers-on and girlfriends and drinking buddies and wannabes, as well as a host of other types that come into peripheral contact with wiseguys every day of the week. And when you're a part of that fringe element, you're going to hear some things that you won't find on the Internet or in the newspapers. And you know I like you a lot, but it's not so cut and dry.

Now having said all that, Sonny and Tommy are both nice guys and quality posters. To pick fights with them because they aren't American is ludicrous. Christ Almighty, can't you guys ever sign on without looking for a fucking argument? Agree to disagree already wink smile.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Stevie Mazzone keeping the peace in S. Philly [Re: scottburn] #819467
12/17/14 06:20 PM
12/17/14 06:20 PM
S
scottburn Offline OP
Button
scottburn  Offline OP
S
Button
The fact that George Anastasia is my mentor has helped a lot in the Philly LCN source dept (i.e he introduced me to many of my sources there)

Last edited by scottburn; 12/17/14 06:26 PM.
Re: Stevie Mazzone keeping the peace in S. Philly [Re: pizzaboy] #819470
12/17/14 06:23 PM
12/17/14 06:23 PM
ItalianForever Offline
Capo
ItalianForever  Offline
Capo
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Unless a poster is a member, or works for the FBI, then EVERYTHING, EVERYBODY says is speculation. each as good as the next.

You're completely discounting the large fringe that the street has, Sonny. It's not just members and associates. There are hangers-on and girlfriends and drinking buddies and wannabes, as well as a host of other types that come into peripheral contact with wiseguys every day of the week. And when you're a part of that fringe element, you're going to hear some things that you won't find on the Internet or in the newspapers. And you know I like you a lot, but it's not so cut and dry.

Now having said all that, Sonny and Tommy are both nice guys and quality posters. To pick fights with them because they aren't American is ludicrous. Christ Almighty, can't you guys ever sign on without looking for a fucking argument? Agree to disagree already wink smile.

Pizza. I made it clear I wasn't looking for an argument. My initial post I said i respect both these guys. But I had to put it on record that I don't like their consistent dismissal of any writer claiming to have sources.

Sonny, I am glad you aren't buying that horseshit with the hash tag. That type of political correct horseshit disgusts me.

Re: Stevie Mazzone keeping the peace in S. Philly [Re: scottburn] #819473
12/17/14 06:25 PM
12/17/14 06:25 PM
S
scottburn Offline OP
Button
scottburn  Offline OP
S
Button
Also, I wouldn't say I reported that Philly is about to breakout into a war, but the opposite - the gist of the article is that Stevie Mazzone and his leadership is preventing potential bloodshed

The quote at the end is someone speculating that it will be hard to keep everyone happy, not necc that a war is imminent

Re: Stevie Mazzone keeping the peace in S. Philly [Re: LittleNicky] #819474
12/17/14 06:29 PM
12/17/14 06:29 PM
SonnyBlackstein Offline
Underboss
SonnyBlackstein  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: LittleNicky
Of course it matters where you are from. You are seriously bullshitting yourself if you believe some dude from england could possibly understand neighborhood life, growing up in chicago, new york, or jersey.

You know what I love about this quote?

Check out Little Nicky's 'Location': Midwest.

Now LN, I think you just got caught with your foot in your mouth.

And if that doesnt wok for you LN, tell me again how a Detroit 'neighbourhood' guy knows about the ins-n-outs of top end Philly?

See? England geographically means as much to Philly, as Detroit.

Or maybe even the Midwest.....

MORGAN: Why didn't you fight him at the park if you wanted to? I'm not goin' now, I'm eatin' my snack.
CHUCKIE: Morgan, Let's go.
MORGAN: I'm serious Chuckie, I ain't goin'.
WILL: So don't go.
Re: Stevie Mazzone keeping the peace in S. Philly [Re: scottburn] #819478
12/17/14 06:34 PM
12/17/14 06:34 PM
CT
M
mightyhealthy Offline
Underboss
mightyhealthy  Offline
M
Underboss
CT
It's probably based in truth but embellished. The article didn't say war was imminent.

Re: Stevie Mazzone keeping the peace in S. Philly [Re: SonnyBlackstein] #819479
12/17/14 06:39 PM
12/17/14 06:39 PM
Midwest
LittleNicky Offline
Underboss
LittleNicky  Offline
Underboss
Midwest
Of course it matters where you are from. You are seriously bullshitting yourself if you believe some dude from england could possibly understand neighborhood life, growing up in chicago, new york, or jersey.

You know what I love about this quote?

Check out Little Nicky's 'Location': Midwest.

Now LN, I think you just got caught with your foot in your mouth.

And if that doesnt wok for you LN, tell me again how a Detroit 'neighbourhood' guy knows about the ins-n-outs of top end Philly?

See? England geographically means as much to Philly, as Detroit.

Or maybe even the Midwest.....

Right, there are no italians from the midwest. Growing up in detroit's or chicago's italian community would give the exact same amount of insight as being a fucking limey.

Answer my last post substantively. Thats right. You can't contribute to this thread anymore than making hipster contrarian comments.

Should probably ask Mr. Kierney. I guess if you're Italian, you should be in prison.
I've read the RICO Act, and I can tell you it's more appropriate...
for some of those guys over in Washington than it is for me or any of my fellas here
Re: Stevie Mazzone keeping the peace in S. Philly [Re: pizzaboy] #819480
12/17/14 06:42 PM
12/17/14 06:42 PM
SonnyBlackstein Offline
Underboss
SonnyBlackstein  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy

PB, I Love you like a brother but every time a fringe element tells me what time it is, Im going to check my watch.

And every time anyone on the 'periphery' tells a detroit reporter, or me, or you, even Little Nicky, about the movements of the Philly admin... I'll excuse myself.

Because what we're talking about here is high end speculation.

And we can all flip a coin....

And I'd like to note that PB is the ONE poster on here who's deserved respect simply on his word.

MORGAN: Why didn't you fight him at the park if you wanted to? I'm not goin' now, I'm eatin' my snack.
Re: Stevie Mazzone keeping the peace in S. Philly [Re: scottburn] #819481
12/17/14 06:45 PM
12/17/14 06:45 PM
ItalianForever Offline
Capo
ItalianForever  Offline
Capo
Except it isn't just the periphery. He has sources in the FBI. Watch his doc on detroit, he sits down with the former head of the Detroit LCN task force. You really think some "small town" writer would be able to sit down with a high level federal agent? Come on sonny, you're smarter than that.

Re: Stevie Mazzone keeping the peace in S. Philly [Re: LittleNicky] #819482
12/17/14 06:49 PM
12/17/14 06:49 PM
SonnyBlackstein Offline
Underboss
SonnyBlackstein  Offline
Underboss
Answer my last post substantively.

Ok you asked for it. Youre an idiot.

You made a statement that the location of the poster was highly relevant, and as such Tommy and I's statements (based on our location) were nullified. Then it was pointed out that you live in butt-fuck Idaho as well.

Ipso-facto upon your logic, your statements mean fuck all as well.

...According to your logic, thanking you kindly wink

Re: Stevie Mazzone keeping the peace in S. Philly [Re: ItalianForever] #819483
12/17/14 06:52 PM
12/17/14 06:52 PM
SonnyBlackstein Offline
Underboss
SonnyBlackstein  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: ItalianForever
You really think some "small town" writer would be able to sit down with a high level federal agent? Come on sonny, you're smarter than that.

Its just that I question a reporter from Detroit having the 'scoup' about Philly that I distrust IF.

Because there are alot of ears listening to Philly IF, and I'll take one from Detroit with a pinch of salt, especially concerning a 'scoup'.

I dont think thats too much to ask eh?

Re: Stevie Mazzone keeping the peace in S. Philly [Re: scottburn] #819484
12/17/14 06:53 PM
12/17/14 06:53 PM
Midwest
LittleNicky Offline
Underboss
LittleNicky  Offline
Underboss
Midwest
I didn't realize that illinois had no italians and was in the middle of Idaho.

Seriously- do you have real reasons for doubting scott beyond your own pathological need to be cool and contrary to the mainstream? If so, go burn your fucking bra rather than fill up this thread with your garbage.

Last edited by LittleNicky; 12/17/14 06:54 PM.

Should probably ask Mr. Kierney. I guess if you're Italian, you should be in prison.
I've read the RICO Act, and I can tell you it's more appropriate...
for some of those guys over in Washington than it is for me or any of my fellas here
Re: Stevie Mazzone keeping the peace in S. Philly [Re: SonnyBlackstein] #819489
12/17/14 07:12 PM
12/17/14 07:12 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
Sonny just got a three week suspension for flaming. Happy New Year.

Behave yourself, LittleNicky.

Re: Stevie Mazzone keeping the peace in S. Philly [Re: LittleNicky] #819490
12/17/14 07:18 PM
12/17/14 07:18 PM
M
Mark Offline
Underboss
Mark  Offline
M
Underboss
I didn't realize that illinois had no italians

There's a few of us still left. wink

Re: Stevie Mazzone keeping the peace in S. Philly [Re: scottburn] #819496
12/17/14 07:50 PM
12/17/14 07:50 PM
Bamboo Lounge
NickyEyes1 Offline
Hawks Bears Bulls Sox
NickyEyes1  Offline
Hawks Bears Bulls Sox
Underboss
Bamboo Lounge
Sonny are you from the US? I'm asking that because your comment about the Midwest made little sense. Illinois is the Midwest and Chicago has the #3 population of Italians in the country. Not to mention cities like Detroit, St Louis, and Cleveland having sizable populations.

And I don't understand why Scott has always gotten so much hate on these boards. He's always been respectable and has generated much info and discussion.

Last edited by NickyEyes1; 12/17/14 07:53 PM.
Re: Stevie Mazzone keeping the peace in S. Philly [Re: scottburn] #819516
12/17/14 08:51 PM
12/17/14 08:51 PM
D
Dbm7 Offline
Button
Dbm7  Offline
D
Button
Heard Ron Previte is running things out there? Lmao

Re: Stevie Mazzone keeping the peace in S. Philly [Re: scottburn] #819517
12/17/14 08:53 PM
12/17/14 08:53 PM
S
scottburn Offline OP
Button
scottburn  Offline OP
S
Button
AMEN, Nickyeyes

Re: Stevie Mazzone keeping the peace in S. Philly [Re: scottburn] #819518
12/17/14 08:54 PM
12/17/14 08:54 PM
S
scottburn Offline OP
Button
scottburn  Offline OP
S
Button
just in case you guys didn't notice I chimed in earlier in this thread re. my sources

Re: Stevie Mazzone keeping the peace in S. Philly [Re: scottburn] #819544
12/18/14 03:25 AM
12/18/14 03:25 AM
New Jersey
Dellacroce Offline
Underboss
Dellacroce  Offline
Underboss
New Jersey
Jesus this thread is exausting to read.

@tommygambino- i dont have anything against people from england, well except the obvious. But dont you think its ridicoulous that you think you can just throw shit out there like "thats a no no to cefalu", come on man(thats just one example). Btw seeing that scott has wrote a book with george anastasia can you really not connect the dots how he might have contacts in philly. I could go on and on but why bother.

"Let me tell you something. There's no nobility in poverty. I've been a poor man, and I've been a rich man. And I choose rich every fucking time."

-Jordan Belfort
Re: Stevie Mazzone keeping the peace in S. Philly [Re: LittleNicky] #819545
12/18/14 04:40 AM
12/18/14 04:40 AM
T
TommyGambino Offline
Underboss
TommyGambino  Offline
T
Underboss

Then you and england boy got the balls to make ascine comments impugning the author's character on nothing more than a whim. There is no grand take down with factual allegations. Just "I think this is bullshit". Really productive. You really added to the conversation with your hipster bullshit.

I have never once claimed to know what it's like growing up in those areas!?

BTW, nobody says 'chaps' over here wink

Re: Stevie Mazzone keeping the peace in S. Philly [Re: scottburn] #819546
12/18/14 04:42 AM
12/18/14 04:42 AM
S
Southphilly4ever Offline
Made Member
Southphilly4ever  Offline
S
Made Member
Great read, Scottburn I'm interested to know regarding Borgesi where he stands amongst the Scarfo crew? I know he grew up around them just like Merlino but I seem to recall him being more accepted and more of a legitimate part of the Philly mob than Merlino was back in the 80s, even got pinched on gambling charges with them. I would be interested to know if perhaps if Borgesi has a beef with the Chang and Mazzone faction if perhaps he and the Narducci faction side with each other.

Re: Stevie Mazzone keeping the peace in S. Philly [Re: Dellacroce] #819547
12/18/14 04:44 AM
12/18/14 04:44 AM
T
TommyGambino Offline
Underboss
TommyGambino  Offline
T
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Dellacroce
Jesus this thread is exausting to read.

@tommygambino- i dont have anything against people from england, well except the obvious. But dont you think its ridicoulous that you think you can just throw shit out there like "thats a no no to cefalu", come on man(thats just one example). Btw seeing that scott has wrote a book with george anastasia can you really not connect the dots how he might have contacts in philly. I could go on and on but why bother.

My source for that is probably the best poster on the board, two situations notably that spring to mind that he told me about is where I got my basis for that statement I made about Cefalu.

So it's okay for you to say stuff like that, because you're from Jersey?

What could you possibly have against the English? grin

Re: Stevie Mazzone keeping the peace in S. Philly [Re: scottburn] #819550
12/18/14 05:20 AM
12/18/14 05:20 AM
New Jersey
Dellacroce Offline
Underboss
Dellacroce  Offline
Underboss
New Jersey
Your right i probably shouldnt have said anything, but just thought it was outta line to call scott an outright fraud, even in the most heated detroit threads ive never seen anyone do that.

As far as england goes youll have to excuse me i used to be an irishmen. Good day sir, or is it nighttime there? I dont no, i really dont understand how timezones work....

"Let me tell you something. There's no nobility in poverty. I've been a poor man, and I've been a rich man. And I choose rich every fucking time."

-Jordan Belfort
Re: Stevie Mazzone keeping the peace in S. Philly [Re: scottburn] #819556
12/18/14 06:36 AM
12/18/14 06:36 AM
Merica
NickyWhip Offline
Capo
NickyWhip  Offline
Capo
Merica
This is brutally exhausting. Nothing after Scott's initial post, NOTHING, has added any substance to this thread. INCLUDING ME.

If you are smart enough to use the google function and read other Philly threads on here, you can glean exactly what Burnstein wrote in his article. Like I said earlier in this thread, his article is good for people who don't closely follow Philly. For those of us who do, we should have some respect for Scott's efforts and chalk it up to him confirming our suspicions.

For those on this board who have a passing interest in Philly, please respect the fact that Burnstein wrote a book with someone who was attached at the hip to one of the heaviest people in Philly history. Like him or not, Philip Leonetti was the real deal. If you were around Philly/SJ in the 80's, you know that for sure.

The bottom of Scott's first post on this thread says "let's discuss". So, spare the board your opinions on who knows what, who's a fanboy, who's a dum dum, and add something of substance. Otherwise, let it go.

And for the record, I wish Scott Burnstein would use his resources to provide more info. Maybe he knows more, maybe he doesn't. But challenging his credibility isn't going to make him more willing to provide info.

Boss of tha toilet!
Re: Stevie Mazzone keeping the peace in S. Philly [Re: scottburn] #819557
12/18/14 06:37 AM
12/18/14 06:37 AM
M
moneyman Offline
Made Member
moneyman  Offline
M
Made Member
This article didn't really say anything that crazy, it seemed like the most educated guess one could have regrading the Philly administration.

Re: Stevie Mazzone keeping the peace in S. Philly [Re: scottburn] #819559
12/18/14 06:53 AM
12/18/14 06:53 AM
Cajunland
LaLouisiane Offline
Cajun Mafia
LaLouisiane  Offline
Cajun Mafia
Underboss
Cajunland
Originally Posted By: scottburn
Below is a link to a story I did on Philly LCN acting boss Stevie Mazzone and the role he's currently playing managing the city's different mob factions (Merlino, Narducci).

Let's discuss.

http://gangsterreport.com/mazzone-straw-stirs-drink-philly-mob-days/

Great article Scott! Enjoyed reading it, keep up the good work.

It's sad that we have an actual author on this forum that is willing to dedicate some of his time towards us and the best thing some of us can do is start a fourth grade pissing contest. Have some CLASS gentlemen.

"What are you cacklin' hens cluckin' about?!?!"

"Is that him?!? With the sombrero on?!?"

Re: Stevie Mazzone keeping the peace in S. Philly [Re: moneyman] #819560
12/18/14 06:58 AM
12/18/14 06:58 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Good post from NickyWhip. But nobody listens. This is not like the other boards where there are entire sections created for the sole purpose of insulting each other. It's almost like some of you guys won't be happy until SC suspends everyone and locks every thread. Because just for the record, there's no badge of honor for speaking your mind and then bragging that you got thrown off the board.

When you get suspended for refusing to let something go, after you've been warned repeatedly, you have no one to blame but yourself. If you want to succeed in life you have to learn how to let other people be "right," even when you know they're wrong. At the very least you have to learn how to agree to disagree here. Because in case you haven't noticed, people are getting suspended here in droves lately.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Stevie Mazzone keeping the peace in S. Philly [Re: scottburn] #819561
12/18/14 07:11 AM
12/18/14 07:11 AM
CT
M
mightyhealthy Offline
Underboss
mightyhealthy  Offline
M
Underboss
CT
Regarding Scott being from Detroit, didn't he say his mentor was Anastasia? That guy is pretty plugged in, no?

Re: Stevie Mazzone keeping the peace in S. Philly [Re: scottburn] #819562
12/18/14 07:12 AM
12/18/14 07:12 AM
M
moneyman Offline
Made Member
moneyman  Offline
M
Made Member
It would be ideal for this board to have more folks with "inside knowledge" and every once in a while have a "ask me anything" session. Probably not possible, just an idea.

Re: Stevie Mazzone keeping the peace in S. Philly [Re: pizzaboy] #819567
12/18/14 08:11 AM
12/18/14 08:11 AM
Merica
NickyWhip Offline
Capo
NickyWhip  Offline
Capo
Merica
@ Pizza; Check you pm

Last edited by NickyWhip; 12/18/14 08:12 AM.

Boss of tha toilet!
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull