GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
3 registered members (3 invisible), 284 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,467
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,884
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,324
Posts1,058,608
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: the united states torture or not? [Re: Binnie_Coll] #818572
12/13/14 05:28 AM
12/13/14 05:28 AM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss
that's right they will hit anyone so talk about them. We talk about the people they have killed that are american's. You can talk about the ones that are not american's.

only the unloved hate
Re: the united states torture or not? [Re: xs0u1x] #818573
12/13/14 05:35 AM
12/13/14 05:35 AM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss
again, the corpses of 9/11 victims are not a reason to erode the constitution and ignore international law.

[/quote]

Again what if one of the corpses were your mother? Still feel the same way? If you could still feel the same. Then we really are a lot a like or your lying.

Persoanlly I cant really love anyone. But I can feel revenge

only the unloved hate
Re: the united states torture or not? [Re: xs0u1x] #818581
12/13/14 07:39 AM
12/13/14 07:39 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: xs0u1x
No-where in my post was I whining about being bullied. you just apparently can't fucking read.

I can read just fine. And what you posted about a bullying problem leads me to believe that you had your lunch money swiped a few times. If I'm wrong, then I'm wrong.

I've read a lot into it. I was in 7th grade when it happened and I still remember seeing the news reports.

You were in 7th grade when Columbine happened? That makes you all of 27 years old now. I have two kids your age and one a little younger. Live a little before you pass judgement. And by the way, I'm not a righty. And I don't enjoy being referred to as one any more than you enjoy being called a liberal. I was a Democrat for thirty years before I wised up to what happened to that party.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: the united states torture or not? [Re: Dwalin2011] #818583
12/13/14 07:49 AM
12/13/14 07:49 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: Dwalin2011
However, I wanted to ask: why do people here continuously talk only about AMERICA, saving AMERICAN lives, protecting AMERICAN citizens? It's not like terrorists hit only America, and it's not like the victims with other citizenships don't matter.

Because we live in America, Dwalin. It's human nature to think of your own first. But please don't make it out like America doesn't do things for other countries. Because if we'd just mind our own fucking business and let other countries handle their own problems, we wouldn't have half the problems that we have today.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: the united states torture or not? [Re: xs0u1x] #818710
12/13/14 08:24 PM
12/13/14 08:24 PM
Good ole USA
R
rockstar_man45 Offline
Capo
rockstar_man45  Offline
R
Capo
Good ole USA
Quote:
I've read a lot into it. I was in 7th grade when it happened and I still remember seeing the news reports.

The response then was the same as it is now. complete and utter stupidity, followed by blaming the easiest of targets. I still remember sitting there thinking how stupid the adults in the situation had to be to try to ban Marilyn Manson or video games. They refuse to accept the fact that there were two seriously mentally ill children that went unnoticed by their families and the community at large. we still refuse to except the fact that we have a serious problem with a culture of bullying

The zero tolerance policies that came after this have done nothing except empower bullies and get rid of common sense. they were a knee jerk reaction ushered in by parents who absolutely refused to accept the fact that their sweet little angel will brutalize and assault other students during the day at school. victims are not allowed to fight back without tarnishing themselves. combine that with a community that encourages bullying and hazing as a right of passage, a set of parents that either don't now or don't care, or are abusive, and the mental psyche of an adolescent. that is one giant molotov cocktail ready to explode.

Columbine was not some random freak occurance, and school shootings have not risen in frequency in recent times. in fact we've had school shootings basically for as long as we have had schools in this country. there wasn't some "golden age" in america where this stuff didn't happen, that's a complete fantasy. this isn't something that bringing jesus into school or saying the pledge of allegiance is going to fix. this is a long rooted illness in this country that nobody is willing to do anything meaningful to fix.

is there anything about myself being bullied? nope. its more about personal responsibility....the thing you righties talk so much about. except of course, only when it comes to you.

The fact of the matter is, every one of you toby keith bible thumping retards has absolutely been at fault for the nsa surveillance, the torture, the debt, and basically ruining america for the next hundred fucking years. if it doesn't collapse. you know why? because you are fucking dumb...and terrified.

you let a government you claim to distrust so much walk all over a constitution you've never read (or..atleast..at best....fail to understand) and trample your rights every time they mention isis...or whatever the latest muslim boogeyman is. you would have been good little nazi's.

Geez ease up there buddy. Pointing fingers never helped anybody

Re: the united states torture or not? [Re: xs0u1x] #818810
12/14/14 12:12 PM
12/14/14 12:12 PM
Cajunland
LaLouisiane Offline
Cajun Mafia
LaLouisiane  Offline
Cajun Mafia
Underboss
Cajunland
I can agree with most of your post it was actually well written out and historically accurate. yes, we essentially created al qeada.
however, osama may be dead, but he still won.
1. the dollar is weak
2. the world markets are pretty much unstable
3. americans are willing to give up basic rights for a sense of security

through one act of terror he essentially changed how Americans function and think. mission accomplished....

I don't care about bush or gore, what i'm saying is you can't pay for two wars on a credit card. we fucked the next 2 or 3 generations with this debt.

Yes I would object to the waterboarding of serial killers. you know why? because you can't pick and choose what parts of the constitution or law you want to follow. or international law for that matter. What seperates us from those animals if we just do the same shit they do? now would I like to torture them? yeah sure.

Ok, let's talk about your first point, the dollar is weak.

You are correct. The dollar has lost substantial value in the past few decades, but you cannot throw all of your apples in one basket by blaming the occupation of the Middle East as the sole downfall of the American and world markets.

Bush reacted rapidly in a situation where the American public was pushing for action. I will be the first to admit that America did not need a standing army of 120,000 soldiers to topple the Saddam regime. It was an overstatement of American power. We didn't use the lessons of history from the Soviets in Afghanistan and bogged ourselves down in a decade long occupation which caused unnecessary debt and death.

BUT, you have to factor in other aspects as to why the dollar is weak.

For the past fifteen years, China has been on a steady growth. China isn't jumping into world politics and trying to be the life of the party unless it is directly involved in it's own region. They have focused on infrastructure and self growth which has created sustained revenue and enticed more outside investors to begin pouring in money for profit. America has gone away from this (think of where all of your clothes and products are made now?).

We also have to look at the amount of trade countries do import and export wise. America has probably one of the worst ratios due to the fact that we are importing everything from other countries such as oil. The oil explanation I can go into further detail about in another post with the limited amounts the world has left and why we haven't tapped into our own resources to ensure when there is no oil left, we are the last nation in the world that won't be relying on a electrical socket to charge a battery to a 35 ton Abrams tank.

Lastly, our own government and it's policy making has dealt a massive blow to the economy due to certain bills passed. That's all I'm going to say about this point and most of you already know what I'm talking about. I'm not naming names or political parties because the radicals on both sides will come out of the wood works and make this thread a huge pissing match.

Luckily, we've been in this situation before and came out of it alright. There is no world superpower that can challenge our military. Russia tries to say they are back every 10-15 years, invades a country ten feet away then regresses to crap over the next ten years and blames western politics. America isn't what it used to be, but we aren't giving the government total control. The democrats have the house for eight years and we are going to be communists says the right. The republicans take the house for the next eight years and we are going to be Nazis says the lefts.

At the end of the day it all evens out. As long as amendment One and Two are never altered or removed, we as a nation will be fine and bounce back. If that ever does happen though, move to Africa, its gonna be paradise compared to this place.

"What are you cacklin' hens cluckin' about?!?!"

"Is that him?!? With the sombrero on?!?"

Re: the united states torture or not? [Re: LaLouisiane] #818816
12/14/14 12:51 PM
12/14/14 12:51 PM
Alabama
D
dixiemafia Offline
ROLL TIDE!!!!!
dixiemafia  Offline
ROLL TIDE!!!!!
D
Underboss
Alabama
Originally Posted By: LaLouisiane
Make sure they keep that protesting in the city limits if you pass through Butler, I have a lease I need to keep up lol

Damn I knew you were in the Black Belt but Choctaw County there isn't shit but hunting land! lol You are definitely the minority in that county. lol

LaLou you know what town I live in, and it was started at the historically black college that is here so that should tell you something.

Re: the united states torture or not? [Re: pizzaboy] #818818
12/14/14 01:04 PM
12/14/14 01:04 PM
Alabama
D
dixiemafia Offline
ROLL TIDE!!!!!
dixiemafia  Offline
ROLL TIDE!!!!!
D
Underboss
Alabama
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Because we live in America, Dwalin. It's human nature to think of your own first. But please don't make it out like America doesn't do things for other countries. Because if we'd just mind our own fucking business and let other countries handle their own problems, we wouldn't have half the problems that we have today.

That's right. I get so sick of the "feed the poor kids in Africa" commercials because we have starving kids here in the States that need it FIRST AND FOREMOST.

And you are right about the other countries too. If we sat back and did nothing they'd be speaking German over there now plus the fact we wouldn't have every sand camel with a scarf after us either. Let them kill each other in the sand and in Ukraine, I could care less. We need to make sure kids get insurance and food over here and our elderly are taken care of. America became so strong because we stood up and done something, the others have become so sissy-fied that they always want us to do their dirty work and I'm sick of it. We should cut off aid to every freaking country we send it too and keep it for ourselves to help our own.

I don't see how a president can smile while talking about sending aid to feed others (they never mention we send them missles and grenades, etc. in those aid packages) when we should be feeding our own people or even using that money for healthcare.

Re: the united states torture or not? [Re: dixiemafia] #818832
12/14/14 02:11 PM
12/14/14 02:11 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: dixiemafia
That's right. I get so sick of the "feed the poor kids in Africa" commercials because we have starving kids here in the States that need it FIRST AND FOREMOST.

That's where I'm at now. They all hate us anyway, so why bother?

If we could feed and clothe every American, eradicate homelessness here in America, and achieve these things FIRST, then I have no problem helping other countries. But until then? Nope, not anymore.

Same goes for these commercials with your Hollywood types crying over homeless pets. I love animals myself, but give me a break. At the end of the day, I firmly believe that most animals were put here to eat. And again, feed and clothe every American first, then if you want to worry about the animal kingdom, more power to you.

Re: the united states torture or not? [Re: Binnie_Coll] #818835
12/14/14 02:29 PM
12/14/14 02:29 PM
far, northwest
Binnie_Coll Offline OP
Underboss
Binnie_Coll  Offline OP
Underboss
far, northwest
you are right about the pet commercials, why don't they show all the homeless right here in the U.S.? are animal lives worth more than human lives?

" watch what you say around this guy, he's got a big mouth" sam giancana to an outfit soldier about frank Sinatra. [ from the book "my way"
Re: the united states torture or not? [Re: dixiemafia] #820392
12/22/14 07:10 PM
12/22/14 07:10 PM
Cajunland
LaLouisiane Offline
Cajun Mafia
LaLouisiane  Offline
Cajun Mafia
Underboss
Cajunland
Originally Posted By: dixiemafia
Originally Posted By: LaLouisiane
Make sure they keep that protesting in the city limits if you pass through Butler, I have a lease I need to keep up lol

Damn I knew you were in the Black Belt but Choctaw County there isn't shit but hunting land! lol You are definitely the minority in that county. lol

LaLou you know what town I live in, and it was started at the historically black college that is here so that should tell you something.

Dang I missed your whole post while ranting earlier Dixie. I'll have to look it up, I'm not really familiar with the area. I get lost every time we have to turn down one of the clay roads.

Re: the united states torture or not? [Re: Footreads] #820406
12/22/14 11:49 PM
12/22/14 11:49 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Quote:
again, the corpses of 9/11 victims are not a reason to erode the constitution and ignore international law.

I get so sick of hearing this. Except for taking longer to get through the line at the airport, which has never been a "constitutional right," what "rights" has anyone lost after 9/11? Get the hell out of here with that crap.

Last edited by IvyLeague; 12/22/14 11:49 PM.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: the united states torture or not? [Re: Binnie_Coll] #820646
12/24/14 06:33 PM
12/24/14 06:33 PM
F
fergie Offline
Underboss
fergie  Offline
F
Underboss
Surely doing something ie torture is better than doing nothing? The arguement that they will tell you want you want to hear is nonsense, it's formed from movies etc-you ask questions in the correct way and you'll get good answers. It's worked for thousands of years and its the only thing I'd copy that our stone age enemies apply on a daily basis

Re: the united states torture or not? [Re: Binnie_Coll] #820904
12/27/14 03:55 PM
12/27/14 03:55 PM
Alfa Romeo Offline
Underboss
Alfa Romeo  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Binnie_Coll
recently a report came to the u,s, senate about the CIA using torture to get information from terroists at guantanomo. the CIA says torture was used to stop terroists attacks such as 9-11

personally I feel torture is indeed justified, if it stops terroists from killing innocent civilians. only in these cases do I think torture is justified.

do you think torture on the part of the USA is justified?

The whole premise behind saying it's justified is the claim that the ends justify the means. But they aren't if they don't achieve those ends. What do I mean?

Just because you water board someone or sleep deprive them and make them stand up for hours on broken limbs (as was done by the United States) does not mean you prevented all terrorist attacks. You cannot prove a negative.

There are many experts who feel that torture is actually ineffective, many of them quite prominent. I think Mike Levine former DEA agent is one of them. What is said is that after a certain point, the information given by the prisoner becomes useless.

It's the perfect alibi for you if you violated international law to say that "according to your sources" you prevented a certain specific number of terrorist attacks. That's very convenient.

My honest opinion...I think torture is the lazy approach. It's the easy way out. Listen, if a group of people are dangerous to you, ban them from the country, period. Don't even let them in. Don't break the law in my name and then let 30 terrorists in with visas on the next inbound flight. That's lazy.

Edit: And if we are SO against terrorism and torturing prisoners over it, why in the world is the MTA in New York City filling the underground stations with WiFi???

That's a little dangerous, no?

"For us, rubbin'out a Mustache was just like makin' way for a new building, like we was in the construction business."
Re: the united states torture or not? [Re: Binnie_Coll] #820928
12/27/14 06:38 PM
12/27/14 06:38 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

First, what the U.S. engaged in was enhanced interrogation, not torture. And even then it was selectively used on certain high level terrorists who had knowledge of other attacks that were planned. And it's just one tool among many that the government uses against terrorists. No point in taking it off the table because it offends the delicate sensibilities of liberal pansies.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: the united states torture or not? [Re: IvyLeague] #820948
12/27/14 09:16 PM
12/27/14 09:16 PM
Alfa Romeo Offline
Underboss
Alfa Romeo  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
First, what the U.S. engaged in was enhanced interrogation, not torture. And even then it was selectively used on certain high level terrorists who had knowledge of other attacks that were planned. And it's just one tool among many that the government uses against terrorists. No point in taking it off the table because it offends the delicate sensibilities of liberal pansies.

I think the pansies are the politicians who are afraid to lock down the country. If they are concerned about the diplomatic ramifications of shutting down immigration from terrorist sponsoring countries, then they should let people in on official business....and watch them. That's what Homeland Security is supposed to be for.

In the resultant quid pro quo, those terrorist sponsoring countries would let Americans into their country who are likewise only on official business, corporate or governmental, and then everyone is happy.

I don't see the problem with it. Americans don't want Muslims around, for the most part, due to the sheer discomfort of what they might represent, and Muslims should have no desire to live in a country they consider decadent (the USA). No, but instead of getting tough with terror, they punk out and let thousands of Muslims into the country and torture people while the NYC subways are getting wireless internet underground in the aftermath of the subway terror attacks of London and Madrid. Dumb.

"For us, rubbin'out a Mustache was just like makin' way for a new building, like we was in the construction business."
Re: the united states torture or not? [Re: Binnie_Coll] #821081
12/29/14 08:42 AM
12/29/14 08:42 AM
Cajunland
LaLouisiane Offline
Cajun Mafia
LaLouisiane  Offline
Cajun Mafia
Underboss
Cajunland
I'm not sure I quite understand your point on shutting down the country to stop terrorism. If terrorists want to plot an attack on American soil, they don't need a green card. Ask the illegals that cross the border or arrive on the gulf coast. We catch what,20-30 percent maybe?

Your using the "just because you waterboard someone you don't prevent all terrorists attacks" to justify it, yet it is the same negative as saying "locking down the country will prevent all terrorist attacks from happening."

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull